PRE Workout V5 Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Great Pumps
  • Research Based
  • Hydration

Nutrabio has now released their v5 of this very well and clinically dosed pre-workout. You will find a lot of different stuff in this that will help you in many different ways. They do a lot of research and fully test everything so you know what you are getting is good. Very trust worthy company and prove to be good with the high quality ingredients they use.

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This marks the 5th version of this product they have released. I have not been able to try all 5 of these version but have tried a couple of them. Each time they release a new version they seem to improve on it and make it better. I was surprised when I heard they were changing this again and figured how could they do it but then again this is Nutrabio we are talking about and they always seem to be on top of their game all the time and I give them a lot of credit for being able to do that.

There is a lot I could talk about on ingredients but I am going try and keep it shorter and explain more on what they changed with this since their last v4 they had. I know on a lot of the other reviews on here they really covered the ingredients a lot more and you can check them out if you want to know more. This contains 22 ingredients at a total of 28g of fully dosed ingredients with no fillers or excipients. What I really like about their products is that they are manufactured in their own GMP certified, and FDA registered/inspected facility. Every raw ingredient they use is tested to meet strict specification in both in-house lab and by a 3rd party independent lab before being released.

Here are the changes from V4 to V5
    Beta Alanine from 2.5g to 3,2g
    L-Tyrosine replaced acetyl 1-tyrosine because studies show greater bioavailability.
    L-Tyrosine increased from 1.2g to 1.5g.
    Choline Bitartrate increased from 300mg to 500mg
    Choline Bitartrate switched to the higher quality USA made VitCholine.
    Taurine increased from 1.5g to 2g.
    Creatine Mono increased from 2g to 3g
    Creantine Magnapower replaced Creatine HCl
    L-Citrulline replaced citrulline malate increasing total citrulline from 4g to 6, Malic acid replaced citric acid and increased to 1.2g.
    Added Blue Raspberry while improving all other flavors.

Blue Raspberry is the flavor I was sent. This has become a flavor I am starting to get real tired of and wanting to try it again I was not real crazy about. I was a bit surprised how this tasted. This does not have a real strong taste to it and was not very bitter or tart at all. It had a more of a lighter taste to it and not overly strong. I thought this was rather enjoyable to drink.

Mixing seemed to be ok. What I do like is there are no dyes in this. I did notice a bit of foam with this which I did not care much for. I would usually have to add a little more water to this after I drank this because after the leftover foam settled down then there would be a little bit of liquid leftover to drink. I heard to reduce the amount of foam you get you should stir this rather than shake it. Since this is clinically dosed you will only need one scoop. The scoop in this is pretty good size so you are getting a lot of stuff in each serving.

With the earlier versions of this I had tried never really wowed me like I thought they would considering what all was in them. I figured with the new changes they made with this one it might finally work for me. I was rather surprised with this newest version. This v5 I believe very strongly is by far their best version so far. This one I could really tell was working for me a lot better than the other versions did that I tried.

You get a total of 350mg of caffeine in this which I think is a pretty decent amount and about the max I care to get. For me anywhere between 300-350mg is what I find works best for me. When I start to go more than 350mg then it starts to be a little to much and doses not always agree with me very well. In this the caffeine is the only source of stims you will get they do not add any other kinds of stim to this. I felt the energy off this was pretty decent. When I could start to feel this kick in it I felt like this gave me a nice clean like energy and made me feel more ready to go after it. This was never to the point of making me feel to jittery at all. If it would have been a little higher on caffeine or had some other kinds of stims added then it might have started to give me some issues. There were days when I was feeling really tired from working all day and figured I would struggle a bit more with my workout but with this it really helped me a lot at being able to push through my workout better and still made it enjoyable for me. This will still give you some decent energy but maybe not like some of those real stim heavy pre-workouts with DMHA and Hordenine and Higenamine and Yohimbine. It seems like the energy you get from this will last you a fairly long time. Since I usually workout for about 2 hours this really helps. It seemed like my overall endurance was a lot better and my workouts on some days seem to last me a bit longer because I felt I wanted to keep going more because my endurance was that much better.

What you get from this in regards to mental focus I thought was fairly decent. On some days when I had a harder time really getting into it this seemed to help settle my mind a little more and put my mind more at ease. I felt I was able to block out some distractions a little better and focus more on my workout. I never got that laser like focus or that extreme tunnel vision I have gotten with some other products I have used but it still helped me a bit. Any pumps I got from this were so so. I always have a hard time feeling them. Usually when I do feel them it's when they are to painful and feel it affecting my lifts a bit. A nice decent pump that lasts a long time is nice to get but that's really hard to do unless I am really hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets. The pumps from this were ok I will say nothing that really wowed me but enough to notice a little something.

I do think this helped me a bit with my strength gains. I know on some of my lifts I was able to increase the weight a bit more and not struggle as much to do it. I was stacking this with some other creatine so I think that helped a little more. I do think with the extra creatine I was adding did cause me to bloat a bit more than I cared to. Now that I am not taking both of these products together any more I feel that the bloating I was getting has gone down a little. I love creatine and find it works really well for me but the down side is that I tend to bloat a bit more.

I found this overall to be really good on my stomach. Never did this give me any kind of upset stomach issues or gut issues which was nice. I know sometimes when I take products with this many ingredients in them or have certain ingredients in them it will cause me a little bit of upset stomach. I know in some of the other reviews people were talking about how this gave them a really back crash from it. I never had any issues with this causing any kind of crash. I know what that crash feeling is like and glad this did not cause that to happen to me at all.

$39.99 looks to be pretty much the standard price I am finding this for. That price seems a little high but you do have to realize what all they put in here and that the cost to do that is not real cheap. I wish they could get the price down a little but it's hard with this many ingredients. I would like to see them up the servings to 30 instead of 20 but then that would be a much higher price tag. So right now I would say that the price is not to bad considering what all your getting.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Right now I feel this is by far the best version they have come out with and has worked the best for me. Will they come out with a v6 in the future I would have to guess they probably will at some point. With a solid and very knowledgeable company like Nutrabio is I would not be to surprise if they did. It's kind of exciting to see how they keep learning how to improve this and help make it better each time. If you are looking for a fully dosed and clinically does ingredient pre-workout this is very much worth giving a try. What I like is they in no way will ever use any kind of prop blends in their products and always will to tell you what's all in their products and back them up by 3rd party testing. I am glad to see they keep finding new ways to improve this pre-workout and give them a lot of credit for being able to do that. One thing I really wish they could do is up the servings to 30 so you get that full month out of this but then the price would have to go up a bit more and that could really drive some people away from using this since it all ready is priced fairly high. I would be more than happy to give this another run at some point and would like to try the other flavors they have in this. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Blue Raspberry: 8/10