PRE Workout V5 Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Great Pumps
  • Endurance
  • Taste Could Be Sweeter
  • Little Too Expensive

Great pre workout at a little higher than competition price

What is going on guys? I am extremely excited to give a review on NutraBio's juggernaut of a pre-workout. I was attracted to this product because of the respect that I have for the NutraBio brand and the impressive looking label. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR for making this review possible. Let's dive right in!

There's a lot to go over here so I'm just going to go over some of my favorites. Here's the highlight reel:

3.5g of Leucine: This is the primary amino acid when it comes to protein synthesis. Your body could in theory rebuild your muscles as they're breaking them down. And this dosage is higher than most BCAA products!! That's crazy awesome to me and I wish more pre-workouts implemented BCAAs into their formula.

3.2g of Beta Alanine: This is what gives you the tingly sensations on your face and ears. 3.2g is the exact clinical dose recommended for optimal performance. Beta Alanine is primarily used to increase endurance which can mean more reps or more sets at the end of a workout.

3g of Creatine Monohydrate: When taken pre-workout it can support as a sustainable energy source and obviously benefit your strength training.

2.5g of Betaine: A very UNDERRATED supplement in my opinion. I really want to see more companies pair this with beta-alanine. It can delay muscular fatigue and allow athletes to train harder, for longer. It also can give you that 'fuller' muscular look because it aids in preventing dehydration.

1.7g of DL Malic Acid: Aids in energy production

500mg of Creatine Magnapower: MORE CREATINE WOOOO! Some people say this stuff digests/absorbs better, but I'll always be a skeptic of the fancy creatine. Monohydrate will always be good enough for me.

6g of Citrulline: NOT CITRULLINE MALATE! The 6g here is above the clinical dose and is guaranteed to give you some legendary skin shredding pumps. I love the 'overdosing', if you want to even call it that, of pump products. It makes me feel like a complete juggernaut my entire workout.

1g of Agmatine Sulfate: Another NO booster/ pump aid. In my experience 1g is underdosed, however, when you pair it with the 6g of citrulline I think that it is another great addition.

750mg of Nitrosgine: Another pump aid that can help increase blood flow.

1.5g of Tyrosine: Improved focus and possible 'tunnel vision' feelings

500mg of Choline Bitartrate: Another focus/ cognitive aid. I like seeing multiple supplements in one product that help with focus and concentration. I find that it makes me feel more invested into every rep.

350mg of Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous 250 mg and Infinergy 100 mg): Nutrabio uses two forms in this product. This is a great dose amount for me. I would only want maybe a little more caffeine in here and I really wouldn't want anything under 300. This should give me a very good jolt to jump start my workout.

2g of Taurine: This supports optimal blood flow and because of the better blood flow it can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance.

NutraBio also adds a slough of vitamins and electrolytes to round out their formula. To me, this is one of the best pre-workout labels that I have ever laid my eyes on. They use lots of great products with a variety of benefits and present them in quality or clinical doses. I'm very impressed by the ingredient list to say the least.

Taste: Blue Raspberry was a solid 7.5/10 for me. I'm one of the few people that likes really sweet tasting supplements and this just didn't hit that 'sweet spot' for my taste buds. It wasn't a bad all around flavor though. i just never got excited to drink (But I was dreading it either hence why I gave it a 7.5 rating)

Mixibility: Phenomenal mixing as always with NutraBio products. I've never had any issues in that regard with this company.

Dosage: I got my best results taking 1 serving of this 10 mins before I worked out. It would usually kick in about halfway through my first couple of warm up sets.

Pump: Could've fooled me as a pump supplement with the 6g of citrulline and the addition of 1g of Agmatine. My veins sprouted like tree roots out of my arms with minimal effort. Once I really got into my working sets the pump became scarily evident. I loved every second of it because it made me feel like a superhero. One of the better pumps I have ever received from an all around pre-workout product.

Endurance: The endurance boost was very good but nothing out of the ordinary for a product with similar dosages of beta alanine and betaine. Don't get me wrong it still gave me slight tingles and allowed me to further my workouts by squeezing in an extra burnout set or two at the end but it wasn't as 'out of this world' as the pumps were. It's almost what I expected to feel as opposed to be surprised by how effective it was.
Focus: Above average in my opinion, I felt very invested into every rep/set and didn't find my mind wandering to other areas or stresses of life. That's mainly what I'm looking for in the focus category. Just something that multiplies my obsession a little bit so that at least for that hour or two nothing else in the world matters. A bit dramatized but you get it lol. I'd say the product was right on the border of tunnel vision for me.

Energy: The combination of caffeine sources worked beautifully here. It doesn't hit really hard in the beginning, but it lasted my whole workout without fail. It felt like a clean sustainable kind of energy rather than a cracked out kind of feeling.

Overall Feeling: Bottom line is, this stuff bangs. I had very good to great results in every category for this pre-workout. I loved using it everyday.

I thought I found this product for cheaper on illpumpyouup.com but it turns out that was for the old version of the product. The new version sells for at least $40 on multiple websites (bodybuilding.com and amazon) and That's $2 per serving. For the results I got and the clinical doses I can see where the price comes from. I love the clinical doses in the label but similar pre-workouts like Pre Jym, Outlift, and full spectrum are all less than $2 per serving. So while I'm not appalled by the price, I can't say that it's the best deal out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great all around pre-workout with a slightly more expensive price tag than other members of its class.

June 3, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-06-03 13:31:58

Good review and easy to follow even though its got a good amount of length. One question for you though, where are you getting the 3.2g for Beta-Alanine as the recommended for optimal performance? I've seen this a few times and from what I can find, its based on the amount a study used but I've seen some research, mostly by CarnoSyn, that dosing up to 6.4g is even more effective.

• BlakePullen
    June 3, 2018

Really? I've always read 3.2g was the clinical dose. That's very interesting though, I feel like 6g would make me pass out lol

June 3, 2018

That's what I pulled from CarnoSyn's own website, loading at 6.4g/day over 90 days showed an even bigger benefit. Haven't seen it from another source though so hard to say, definitely wouldn't take that all at once!

• BlakePullen
    June 3, 2018

Maybe half pre workout and half intra?

June 3, 2018

Thats pretty close to what I tried, I used NB's beta-alanine in addition a pre that had it as well, was well over the 3.2g/day and it seemed to work well. it was the non-lifting days that were a pain, kept loading so had to deal with the tingles then too, got less intense after the first week. I think the constant loading might have been more important than the dosage but would need comparison trials to know for sure.