PRE Workout V5 Natural Reviews

By: NutraBio

PRE Workout V5 Natural is a Pre-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

July 6, 2018

• Clean Energy
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Good Pump

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS. i have to apologize for the delay in this write up - i have been on the road working in MN the past month and no time to write up.

I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 4x30min cardio per week after workouts, and core on two days. I'm 61 and have been lifting continuously since I was 24.

PRE V5 has been well covered on SR, including by me, so I'll compare V5 Natural to that. Its easier to read the label than repeat everything here. As will be familiar to Nutrabio fans, PRE V5 Natural is a fully loaded, clinically dosed, fully disclosed product. Nutrabio have continued to develop this products over the years and also the supporting testing around their products. Key contents are 3.5 g of leucine, 3.2 g of Beta alanine, 3 g creatine mono and 500 mg of chelated creatine, 2.5 g of betaine, 1.3 g malic acid. Then for pump, 6 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. Finally, 2g taurine, 1.5 g of tyrosine, 500 mg choline bitartrate, 350 mg caffeine (100 mg of which is slow release), 300 mg theanine and 100 ug huperzine A

I normally add components to a PWO - creatine, extra taurine and citrulline malate - but no need here.

The difference with the Natural formula is the use of cane sugar as a natural sweetener and natural lemon and stevia flavoring.

It mixed well enough and coloring was a pale green (I had apple flavor). I am OK with pale colors - in fact I prefer no coloring at all. As expected, the test was not up to much. Thats OK with me, but for the additional non-natural components in there I would probably stick with PRE V 5 due to the taste. As with all versions of PRE, I took a level scoop each workout.

Works great every time - good strength, focus and pump, and great energy but not too stimmy thanks to the slow release caffeine component. Just a great PRE experience as always.

I could not find it cheaper than $39.99 for 20 scoops so $2/workout. Nutrabio have their retailers well under control. But free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Not the cheapest PWO out there but works great every time and no need to add anything at all.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Usual great product from Nutrabio. I would likely go for the regular V5 but no issue at all with the natural version.
    • Green Apple: 5/10

June 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Natural
    • Good Pump
    • Clean Energy
    • Not Enough Servings

Premium label that is fully disclosed, dosed very well, and uses all natural ingredients. Sign me up.

Huge fan that NutraBio is bringing natural supplements to their line. They are one of my favorite companies and they just keep on improving. They have released numerous versions of this pre-workout which just shows you that they are committed to improving their products and hopefully using our critiques to do so.

This label is seriously loaded. It contains some B and C vitamins to start, then heads into the Power, Strength, and Endurance complex. In this complex, there is 3.5 g of leucine, 3.2 g of CarnoSyn, 3 g of PharmaPure creatine monohydrate, 2.5 g of betaine, 1.3 g of malic acid, and 500 mg of creatine MagnaPower. Everything in this complex is dosed nicely and they added more CarnoSyn from their previous version. They also added a bit more monohydrate and switched out creatine HCl for the MagnaPower.

The next section is the Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix which contains 6 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. This section appears unchanged from their previous version.

Third section is the Focus & Stim Matrix with 1.5 g of tyrosine, 500 mg of VitaCholine choline bitartrate, 350 mg caffeine (250 mg PurCaf and 100 mg of Infinergy di-caffeine malate), 300 mg TheaPure theanine and 100 mcg of huperzine A.

The final blend is the Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer which includes 2 g of taurine, 525 mg of Calci-K, and 189 mg of sodium phosphate.

I like that they include many patented ingredients and I am a big fan of everything being natural. It is sweetened with cane sugar (5 g - 20 calories) and stevia. There is nothing artificial in here.

Taste 7/10: I requested and received the green apple flavor. I thought it was pretty good. It was tolerable in my opinion, but if you are used to overly flavored/sweetened products, you may have an issue with this. The flavor was a little light, but I was mixing it with 16 ounces of water usually.

Mixability 6/10: There was some foaming initially and then some settling eventually if I did not drink it right away. Swirling it around normally took care of both issues.

Dosing: They recommend mixing this with 12-14 ounces of water depending on your flavor preferences. They suggest starting off with a half scoop for first time users since there is a good amount of caffeine in here.

I really enjoyed this pre-workout. The energy that it supplied was a long-lasting, clean feeling. Never once did I feel super jittery or receive any cold sweats or anything like that. The two types of caffeine worked nicely in my opinion and were a perfect amount. The 250 mg of PurCaf woke me up and got me ready to hit the gym and then the 100 mg of Infinergy kept me going once I got to the gym since it releases a bit slower. That is a much better combination than 350 mg of caffeine anhydrous that hits you immediately and then you start to feel fatigued towards the end of the workout and may even crash altogether. I did not experience any crashing with Pre.

The pumps were pretty good as well. I am a fan of citrulline and with 6 g, that should pump you up nicely if you respond well to it. Add in 1 g of agmatine and I cannot see how you go wrong here. I experienced more of a vascular pump, not so much a full "swole" type of pump. These are the pumps that I prefer anyway, so I am fine with that.

The endurance and strength Pre provided was nice too. They provide two patented forms of creatine and a 3.2 g dose of CarnoSyn for strength and endurance. In my experiences, betaine pairs very well with creatine and they provided 2.5 g of that to help with strength gains. The addition of electrolytes also helped keep me hydrated. I paired Pre with IntraBlast and that combination is great.

Focus was okay in here, but I have not been using headphones lately in the gym, so that could be why. I have been not in the zone as much as I would like, but maybe with headphones, I could have been distracted less.

Nutrabio's natural line is not really available online yet besides on their website. This could be purchased for $40 for 20 servings. That equals $2 per scoop, which places this towards the priciest of pre-workouts. I think it is worth it because you are getting a fully disclosed, well-dosed, natural, all around pre-workout. I am sure some people would complain about the price being so high, but you pay for the quality here.

Side Effects

I did not experience any.

Conclusion

Great pre-workout although it is pricey for your average consumer. I would rather pay for quality though, but that is just me. With Nutrabio, you do not have to worry about untrue labels since everything is third party tested or do you have to worry about impurities in the product since the facility is inspected regularly. To me, that peace of mind is worth the price. Thank you Nutrabio for the continued support of this program. I hope to see your Super Carb go natural next.
    • Green Apple: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    4.9
    4.7
      June 10, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Natural
    • Cold Sweats
    • Stomach Issues
    • Lack Of Pump
    • Not Enough Servings

NutraBio Missed the mark in a big way with this. Going all natural does not automatically mean better. Remeber, eating dirt from the ground can also be considered all natural.

Thanks to NutraBio for letting me try V5 Natural. Finding a Pre-Workout supplement is not hard, the market is flooded with them. Finding one that works for you, and discloses what is in it is a whole other story. NutraBio has always taken pride in the products that they create, with fully disclosed labels and doses. This is a great marketing tool because it shows that they have nothing to hide. With that being said they are taking a shot at creating an all natural product that uses as little artificial ingredients as possible so let's see what happens.

This product has a fully disclosed label and outside of the regular vitamins that you find in most products here is what is included to create the pre-workout:

6000mg of L-Citrulline
    100mcg of Huperzine A
    2500mg of Betaine Anhydrous
    1000mg of Agmatine Sulfate
    750mg Nitrosigine
    2710mg Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer including taurine, calcium phosphate and sodium

These featured ingredients are some of the most well-known ingredients on the market and are dosed at the clinical levels so you are getting the most out of every dose that you take. These ingredients cover everything to increased blood flow and anti-muscle fatigue, to increasing strength, and creating a strong pump effect. The caffeine sources that they use are supposed to be the most natural source of caffeine rather than artificial or lab created caffeine. Additionally, the sweeteners used are also as natural as possible since they are using raw cane sugar and stevia leaf extract. The green apple flavor that I had also included spirulina powder as well. As you can see, they are trying to deliver a well-dosed product to the end user while keeping it as clean as possible.

Ok, so here we go with the real story. The taste. I received the green apple flavor, and boy was it the greatest let-down ever. When you open the tub you can get a hint of green apple flavor and it gives you an initial impression that this might be ok. When you mix it with water the smell goes to a sour green apple candy-like smell and you start to feel really excited about the flavor. Then you taste it and you are left with the thought of WTF did I just drink?!?! The only other thing I have tasted that is even close to how awful this was, was raw natural Matcha tea that I made myself. This had the appearance and taste of bad pond water. There was only a slightly watered down hit of green apple when you tasted this. I even played around with the different amounts of water that I used, and regardless I was always left with the same impression. I have choked down a lot of terrible tasting Pre's in my day especially in the beginning days of these products being made, but this was by far the worst tasting one I have ever used.

Mixability was still decent given how large of a scoop this was. I will give credit to NutraBio for making a product that is easy to mix. I would throw it in a shaker with a blender ball and it would work like magic.

The dosing was 1 scoop to anywhere from 8-15oz of water, again this was due to me trying to find a way to make this taste drinkable.

Effectiveness was just as bad as the flavor. What I mean by this, was given the prolifically dosed ingredients I expected to see the awesome energy and amazing pumps. What I saw was mediocre pumps, ok energy, and cold sweats. This was always followed up by excessive toilet time where everything was previously in my body became liquid and painful, if you catch the drift. I like to be able to lift heavy and still be able to do intense cardio when I use pre-workout products and I was nowhere near being able to do either with this. At first, I thought it might have been the caffeine, but then I started thinking about it, and I have taken products with a much higher stimulant dose than this, without these side effects, so I was not sure what was going on. What I am sure of, is it never failed that every time I used this product, these were the results that I would get. Some workouts these nasty side effects happened while I was working out rather than later in the day. To be completely honest, if I was not obligated to give this product a fair trial and use, I probably would have thrown it out. The thing that I can take away from this is, at least I know what ingredients I was using and what they are supposed to do, so I can see what I should have been benefiting from and what I wasn't. It's a double-edged sword for a company, because if the consumer knows what they are getting and knows what to expect and does not get that, then it's easier to say that the ingredients failed.

So value is $40 for one tub that gives you 20 servings which is $2.00 a serving. I understand that they are trying to make a product that is as clean as possible, but this seems a bit steep to me. I could understand if this had 25-28 servings for that price, but not 20. That will not even get you 3 straight weeks of working out, and if you think about it on a grand scale that is $120 for 8 weeks of use.

Side Effects

Lack of pumps and effective energy, cold sweats, and a terrible case of digestive issues (do not participate in taco Tuesday and deadlift).

Conclusion

I can tell NutraBio tried with this, I really can but they missed the mark. Everything from the flavoring to the effectiveness was a miss. As I said before, going as natural as possible isn't always the best thing out there. The best place to get minerals we need is from the Earth itself, but that doesn't mean I am going to go outside and eat a handful of dirt for the sake of being natural. I would highly suggest that NutraBio goes back to the drawing board with this, and figure out how to make the flavoring better, and deliver a more effective product. Until then, users need to stay clear of this one, or just use the regular V5.
    • Green Apple: 1/10

May 31, 2018

Cons:

If you're in the market for a solid pre, fully-disclosed and effective as they come, then go pick up PRE by NutraBio.

Shout out SR familia and NutraBio for the opportunity to sample yet another great product! I picked up this PRE and IntraBlast at the same time. A preworkout is a staple for me, as it is many others so you will notice or have noticed I sample a lot of pre-workouts.

First off, this is a fully disclosed label like all NutraBio products. No artificial flavors, dyes or preservatives. 6g of citrulline, 3.2g of beta-alinine and 7.8g of NO to get the pump you like! This has your typical vitamin C, B3, B6 and B12.
      The Power strength and endurance profile is made up of leucine, beta-alinine, creatine mono, betaine anhydrous, dl malic acid, and creatine magnapower.
      The NO pump profile is made up of citrulline, agmatine sulfate and nitrosigine. The nitrosigine is complex of bonded arginine and silicon that enhance performance. Nitrosigine is engineered to last up to 6 hours.
      The focus and stim matrix is made up of tyrosine, choline bitartrate, 350mg of caffeine from purcaf organic caffeine and infinergy. TheaPure Theanine and Huperzine.
      The electrolyte & hydration profile is made up of taurine, calcium potassium phosphate citrate and sodium phosphate.

Dosing is 1 scoop 20-30 minutes prior to your workout in about 12-14 oz of water. I took mine with about 6 oz of water and about 15-20 minutes before I went to the gym. Mixability was great, just slightly grainy but that is typical for most pre's. No clumping so that's what is important. Taste was top notch!! I received green apple and it taste just like a green apple jolly rancher!

As for effectiveness, by the time I was ready to hit the weights I could feel the slight tingle settling in. Not so much its uncomfortable, but enough to let you know it's there. I did feel slightly more focused, but not as much as I would have liked and an increase in energy as well. What I really noticed was the increase in my pump. It felt like my skin was going to pop at times. I did not feel as if the hydration portion worked that well, as I had to rely on my intra blast to for that. Overall, I give it about a 7.5. I really liked this pre, but I have had a couple others that really make me focus and zone in and that is the main reason I had to give it a little lower rating.

At $40 for the quality of product you are receiving, I think that is an excellent price! The more pre's I try and compare the prices/ingredients I've noticed you def get what you pay for..so spend the little extra $$ and get the "better" stuff.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill sides while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, NutraBio produces like always. I highly recommend this product for others to try with the superb ingredients.