PRE Workout has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

PRE Workout Reviews

By: NutraBio

ARTICLES

PRE Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

PRE Workout has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

February 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Taste Great
  • Focus
  • Comprehensive Profile

Well here is another review of a product from a company I can't help but love. Nutrabio is really doing some good things in the industry, from the fully transparent labels to educational blog posts and videos. Mark Glazier has a great company on his hands. This product came with the usual awesome packaging, including info about the company and the product, and a branded blender bottle. On to the review.

Quite a few members have already done some really nice write-ups on the ingredient profile of PRE. I won't beat each ingredient to death, but I will talk briefly about some of the things that stand out to me. First up is the fully disclosed label. Every single ingredient, right down to the flavor ingredients, is fully accounted for. Right off the bat we always want to know what a PWO has for caffeine, and Nutrabio packs 350mg into PRE. Sounds like a bit much right, but once you look at the label, you will see that it has 250mg of caffeine anhydrous and 100mg of Infinergy, which is di-caffeine malate. I found a blog post on the Nutrabio site where they talk about the though behind this blend. The 250mg of anhydrous is supposed to provide that initial rush of energy we all want when we get ready for the gym. The Infinergy doesn't hit as hard as caffeine, but it is supposed to last longer. By combining the two, you should get a nice long-lasting energy without the jitters. In terms of creatine, Nutrabio put 3g total in PRE, 2g of mono and 1g of HCI. I like to have at least 5g of creatine or nothing in my PWO, but thats a personal preference. There is 1g of agmatine sulfate which I think it could have used a little bit more of.

Overall, I like the ingredient profile very much. Take a look at the label to see the rest, as I only touched on a few ingredients.

I got the watermelon flavor. These were big scoops but it mixed without issue and left minimal residue at the bottom of my shaker. Not much foaming. Taste was on point. It was delicious, not too sweet and not too fake. Some PWOs have me dreading my next dose because it is just overwhelmingly sweet, but that was not the case with PRE.

In my title I stated that this is a very well-rounded product and I will explain why. When I would take this before my workout, it would pretty quickly provide me with some clean energy to get me motivated to get my butt in the gym. Sometimes I would take this first thing in the morning, and sometimes it would be in the afternoon after work when I'm usually pretty drained. Regardless of the time, it always seemed to work. Now let me be clear, PRE will not punch you in the face and get you shaking, but it will get you ready for a good gym session.

Once I was in the gym, the clean energy continued. I did not notice any of the beta tingles which I do like the sensation of, but its not a necessity for me. The pump factor in PRE was a little lackluster. I never felt anything very significant in that department. The clean energy never wore out throughout the workout and I felt constantly motivated and focused. I value this in a PWO product versus the ones that kick you in the marbles for about a half hour, and then you want to go to bed. It also got me sweating more than usual, which means more calories burned, which means maybe some extra fat loss?

Last but not least was the part where I didn't get a major crash later on in the day. One of the PWOs I'm using now has me crashing so bad about an hour after my workout. No bueno. I think the no crash factor is from that caffeine blend I talked about earlier.

This runs around $37 dollars for a 20 serving tub. It is definitely a bit steep but I believe you are getting what you pay for in this one.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

I have tried quite a few Nutrabio products and I'm definitely a fan. If you follow the company at all through their blog or on YouTube, you will see that they have some very informational content. I noticed some of their products popping up at GNC lately. I'm happy for them to be going mainstream, but I hope they stick to their roots as much as possible because they have a good thing going. I was definitely late with this review, which I need to get better about, because I feel like I type that a lot. Thanks as always to the TROOP program and Nutrabio. Thanks for reading. Bye for now.

Go PATS!
  • Watermelon: 9/10

January 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Little Pricey
I want to apologize to the Nutrabio reps for this review coming in so late. It is my fault for being late with the review. I thank you though for the amazing opportunity.

I'm back with another review from a well-known company here on SR. The past few products I have tried from Nutrabio have been amazing. But did Nutrabio's preworkout Pre have me feeling the same as their other products?

Before I being the review, I want to thank Nutrabio for being a great company and hooking up their products with us SR Troopers.

I love how Nutrabio always have fully disclosed labels. I know the specific dose of each ingredient. Nutrabio does not skimp out. Almost each ingredient is dosed to the effective amount. I feel that the beta alanine dose could be increased to feel stronger tingles. The caffeine dosing is perfect. Initially I thought it would be too much for me, but I never got the jitters. I felt smooth and clean energy throughout. If you're looking for a more comprehensive breakdown of the profile, check out JayT's review on the product.

And as many other SR reviewers love, I wish that DMHA could be added here. In my opinion it would bring a whole different meaning to this preworkout.

Taste
I received the Green Apple flavor. Now I will say that it does taste exactly like a granny smith apple. It had a tart taste to it if you mixed it with a low amount of water (12 ounces). That was too tart for my liking. But personally I found that around 14-16 ounces of water was the best. It was still a preworkout I had to chug down.

Mixability/Dosing
Mixability was solid. I had no issues whatsoever mixing with the higher amounts of water. When mixing with about 6 ounces, some specks were present. Dosing was straightforward. One scoop before the workout. I never took more than one scoop at a time, and consumed it 30-40 minutes before the workout.

I expected to be really hit hard in the face with the "high" amount of caffeine in here (high amount for me at least). I was pleasantly surprised that I was not, even with 350mg of caffeine. The energy was definitely felt. It was continuously there and lasted throughout my whole workout (one hour-two hours). The energy definitely helped me push hard every workout. Focus was not tunnel vision, but I was able to focus on me and the weights. It did help me make some noticeable strength gains. At the same time I was using this product, I went on a bulk. This product combined with an increase of food helped me to make those gains. Beta alanine tingles were very mild. I love the tingles and wish the product delivered more. The pumps were lacking which was a disappointment. The product was dosed correctly but I guess my body didn't respond to it as it normally would. It was only when I was doing high reps I would notice a slight pump and increase in vascularity.

Three weeks later
I've been off pre workouts for the past few weeks. Once I finish a tub I'll just go off the stims so I won't build up tolerance over time. I could tell that my energy levels were lower and that the focus was no longer there. It was hard for me to really focus on the weights and I lost a tad bit of strength in the process (nothing crazy just a difference of a few pounds or a rep).

The cheapest I could find the product for was $36 on Amazon with Prime shipping. Each scoop comes out to $1.80. This preworkout is a true one scooper and will last about a month. This is a very expensive preworkout, the most expensive preworkout I have tried. However this is a very complete preworkout with quality ingredients. So I wouldn't mind picking it up every now and then.

Side Effects
I did not experience any side effects, even with a high dose of caffeine.

Conclusion
It surely isn't a cheap preworkout. Being on the higher end of pre workouts may be a drawback for some people, but there is nothing to lose. It has helped me and will definitely help others. With a few additions/dosing tweaks to the ingredient profile by Nutrabio, I think this preworkout could be a real winner. Thank you again Nutrabio!
  • Green Apple: 6/10

Overall
Overall
6.6
6.8
5.7
  December 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Not Enough Servings
Here's another submission by the highly regarded Nutra-Bio; their preworkout named "PRE". Every product I've tried from them has been rock solid, so I expected no different from this. The company offers two different preworkout products; this one and also "Pre Extreme". I haven't read the ingrediants of the latter, so im guessing its got more in the stim department. Ok enough small talk, lets do it.

PROFILE-9
In true Nutra-Bio form, this bad boy is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from them, and at some nice dosages! I implore you to read the fully disclosed label because I don't feel like typing each blend or the whole thing here, but ill got into a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of Citrulline Malate in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg. There's much more, read the label if you want. What I personally would like to see in it is DMHA, but I wouldn't expect a company like Nutra-Bio to be using controversial ingredients in its supplements.

I received the Tropical Fruit Punch flavor, and, well, I hope you like grapefruits because I felt that's what it tasted like! Sour, bitter, grapefruits. It wasn't a bad flavor by any means, but it wasn't what I was expecting after having so much experience with other Nutra-Bio products. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It mixed fairly easily but took a little time to dissolve, I'm guessing from the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine.

EFFECTIVENESS-6.4
Quality, and consistency; I expected nothing less from this company. The Beta-Alanine tingles were (surprisingly) not painful but always present. The energy took about 15-20 minutes to kick in, and it was a gradual rise in energy and not a "slap in the face". The caffeine blend does a good job of picking up where regular old caffeine would usually die off. Focus was ok, but not totally "zoned in". Now for the pump; in my experience, it was either painfully awesome, or somewhat lackluster. This was the only inconsistency I experienced. Muscle endurance was enhanced, a direct result of the Beta-Alanine. About the only thing I felt is missing is the inner "drive" I experience with some of the other high-end preworkouts. That inner voice that pushes you to do another set, to stop thinking about the next lift and just do work. I'm sure DMHA (or even DMAA) would help in this aspect, but don't hold your breath on that one.

SIDE EFFECTS-8
Considering the big doses of ingredients, I didn't experience many side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing.

VALUE-5.8
I found this online for around 35-37 dollars, but bear in mind this comes only in 20 servings, A bit more than I like paying. I'm starting to realize that's the norm with these "fully loaded" preworkouts. this was a quality product but its gonna cost you. A side not; I swear there was more than 20 servings in my can.

OVERALL-6.7
This was a solid performer as expected. This was a difficult Pre to rate, because its solid in all aspects but not truly impressive in any one department. It had a few negatives, but as I finished the tub I realized I enjoyed taking this! What this product doesn't do is blow you away with crazy energy like some other products. They do have another preworkout called "Pre Extreme" which is probably a more extreme Pre (if I was to take a wild guess!). But for overall quality performance (just be prepared to pay a quality price) and a complete ingredient profile, you could do worse. If you pick the Tropical Fruit Punch I hope you like grapefruits!

December 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Not Enough Servings

Gilla in. Gilla knows PWOs. Gilla is reviewing Nutrabio's preworkout "Pre".

When you are dealing with Nutrabio, you know you are dealing with quality. You are dealing with no nonsense. You are dealing with one of the best in the business. Pre is no different, with their fully disclosed label.

With all of that being said, I think Pre hits the spot in a number of categories quite well, with Citrulline (6G), Betaine (2.5G), Taurine (1.5G), Agmatine (1G), Tyrosine (1.2G) and Leucine (3.5G) all dosed quite well.

The surprise to me however, was the slight underdosing of Beta-Alanine (2.5G), Creapure...which I didn't mind... (2G), Nitrosigine (750 mg), was something I was not expecting from Nutrabio. A little more of each is usually optimal.

The "Energy and focus" complex of 300 mg of caffeine, Choline, Huperzine are a swell roundout to the label though.

I received Green Apple. This was the flavor I was hoping to get as I'm an Appley kind of guy. It was pretty decent. It had a bit of a "chemical" taste to it, as it sort of lacked a sweetness. It wasn't the least bit intolerable though.

I found the product mixed sort of weird. The product was foamy, likely from the Leucine, but at the same time usually there was some residue hanging out at the bottom, which I needed to manually stir up towards the end of the serving. Whatever, I'm a man, I'll mix stuff.

1 scoop dose, yo.

Even with the interesting choice of ingredients and doses, Pre does pretty damn well and holds up Nutrabio's reputation.

Energy: The thing here is that it was a very "clean" energy. It wasn't STIM CITYYYYYY BABYYYYY, but it was a sustained pick-me-up that lasted throughout a long workout. Also, there was no crash to be had after any servings of this product. Smooth.

Focus: A strong point. I usually like STIM CITYYYYYYYYYY products because I get the added juice to power through a workout. The quality of Nutrabio's ingredients was apparent here as I felt a strong level of focus in each workout, which helped me on longer lifting days. Never once was I dragging and looking to leave, which can happen on inconsistent occasions with other PWOs.

Pump: Honestly, I think this is where I think Pre needed a bit of a jolt. I didn't get any SKIN TEARING MEAT MOUNDZ during any heavy lifting days. I never stacked Pre with any pump products, so as a standalone PWO, I've honestly had better. Not a single workout was I really "impressed" by myself when giving myself the old eyef@#k in the mirror.

Strength: I was looking to add a bit of my winter coat with these non-wind-chill assisted -20F days in ole North Dakota and I re-added a bit of size/strength I shed during the summer while running this product. I didn't weigh myself, but in terms of strength, I was able to get comfortably back in the 300 club on the bench, for 305 4x towards the end of the tub. Other numbers were back up after my summer shed as well. My leg press went up the most, but I likely wasn't pushing myself as much previously.

Pre is quite the "kitchen sink" supplement, so you are getting big scoopz of a serving in each workout. With this, the chubby tub only yields you 20 servings for around $35. That's a bit spendy, but you are getting a lot of ingredients in every serving.

Side Effects

The creatine bloat KILLS me every time. Naturally, this doesn't happen to everyone, but I love my body when I go creatine free, but right now, I got an Alvin and the Chipmunks thing going on in my face and a bit of pudge in my tum tum. Not really a "side effect" from Pre specifically, but all creatines outside of Kre-Alk do this to me.

Conclusion

Nutrabio's reputation as one of the highest quality manufacturers is again evident in this product. I wasn't completely blown away like I have been with other Nutrabio products in the past, but Pre is certainly worthy of continuing on with the name. Would recommend as a solid PWO option.
  • Green Apple: 6/10

Overall
Overall
6.8
5.5
  December 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Slight Pump
  • Not Enough Servings

What can I say about NutraBio that we all do not already know at this point? I was using PRE three-four times a week throughout the container with a focus on strength training.

This is a premium ingredient label; I do not think you will find too many other preworkouts that include more ingredients than this one (that are not hidden in some prop blend anyway). There is a lot in here that should catch your eye. For pumps, there is 6 g of citrulline malate, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. There is 2.5 g of CarnoSyn for endurance, but I wish there was a little more. I like the beta tingles and did not experience any with PRE. Their ATP Power, Strength, and Recovery Complex is a nice addition. I like Leucine included in pre-workouts and betaine paired with creatine has worked well for me for strength gains. There are two types of creatine included; 2 g of creatine monohydrate and 1 g of creatine HCl. On their own they are both dosed at about half of their clinical dosages, but I guess together it would equal an effective dose. PRE contains a electrolyte and hydration optimizer composed of taurine, TRAACS Calci K, and couple forms of sodium that they include in a few of their products. NutraBio included two types of caffeine; 250 mg of anhydrous and 100 mg of Infinergy which is supposed to be absorbed easier. TheaPure is added which pairs well with caffeine. BioPerine rounds out the profile to aid in absorption.

Taste 7/10: I received the watermelon flavor and it was pretty refreshing. Maybe had a bit of an artificial taste, but nothing too drastic. I used about 16 ounces of water.

Mixibility 9/10: For such a big scoop, this mixed very nicely. There was some initial settling, but that is almost to be expected. I never got any clumps or excessive foaming.

Dosing 9/10: Label states to mix one heaping scoop of PRE into 12-14 ounces of water and consume 20-30 minutes prior to resistance training. It should not be used more than five out of seven days, tolerance should be assessed for first time users, and water level could be adjusted to achieve your preferred flavor.

To be totally honest, I was expecting this to hit a lot harder than it did. The energy that I experienced with PRE was a bit unique. With as much caffeine in here (350 mg total) I was expecting to be on the verge of jittery with this. I do not think I was instantly awaken; however, I noticed that the energy kind of slowly crept up on me and lasted for a while. I never crashed or anything from PRE. So to sum that up, the energy was above average in here, it just was expecting a little more in that department. The focus in here was decent. Never any tunnel vision, but it was definitely apparent that I was more focused than using other preworkouts. I have also made some strength gains while using this. They were not anything substantial, but progress is progress.

For the disappointments, I never got the beta-tingles. I know does not mean that the beta alanine is not effective if you do not notice them, but I do like to get them to know that the pre is kicking in. The biggest disappoint for me by far though was the lack of pump. I am normally a responder of both citrulline malate and agmatine. I do not think Nitrosigine works well for me, but I do not think it could have hurt. The CM and agmatine are both dosed well, so I was very surprised that the pumps were not better than what I got. I know I was training with low reps for three of the days, but the fourth day, I would use a lot more volume and vascularity was only improved slightly.

The value really kills PRE for me. At about $38 for PRE for 20 servings, you are looking at $1.90/serving plus shipping costs. I do not think you will find too many preworkouts more expensive than this one per serving. Yes you are getting many ingredients at close to or at clinical dosages, but Pre-Kaged is still probably my favorite preworkout and that cost $1.75 per serving excluding shipping. I know they are not totally the same, but I think they are comparable enough where I could make that comparison. Pre-Kaged is right at the verge of being too expensive for me, but like I said it was the most effective preworkout I have tried, so I can justify paying that much for it.

I have recently been seeing NutraBio being sold on sites such as Bodybuilding and Suppz, so they may offer better deals in the future. I know Suppz.com was offering 25% off on Black Friday so I got to stock up on a bunch of NB stuff then. If you can catch a deal on this, I say go for it, but at
almost $2/serving at regular price, that is a bit tough to pull the trigger on.

Side Effects

Did not experience any.

Conclusion

Anyone that has read my reviews knows that I really like NutraBio and I think they are a top three company. This was not a bad preworkout by any means, I just was a bit disappointed in how effective it was. Pair that with the price and I do not think that I could fully recommend this one. Be on the lookout for some deals on sites I mentioned in the value section if you wish to try it. Thanks NutraBio for the chance to try PRE.
  • Watermelon: 7/10

December 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Great Pump
  • Tastes Amazing
  • Not Enough Servings

I would like to thank nutrabio for giving me the chance to try this amazing pre workout which is also my first "big scoop" pre workout. I've been working out for years, and have always taken the ultra concentrated pre workouts like jack3d, c4, hyde. My main go to has always been c4, but after reading up on these new "big scoop" pre workouts, i may start switching back and forth depending on if i can get them on bogo because they are a little pricey.

One of the 3 things I love about this supplement is the ingredient profile, which lists the amount of every ingredient in here which is pretty nice. It has 2.5g of beta alanine which doesn't make me feel too tingly unless I haven't started working out within 20 minutes and it is an efficient dose along with 6g of citrulline malate which I like for pumps. It has only 1g of creatine hcl which seems slightly under dosed, but they do add in 2g of monohydrate so it seems like enough, i also take 5g of monohydrate on the side so the creatine is no issue for me, but it may be for some. There is also 350g of caffeine, 100g being infinergy(133g of dicaffeine malate) this kind of caffeine is said to be easier on the stomach, however I noticed no difference between this and other pre's that don't use infinergy.

Now to my favorite part, the taste! I had the watermelon flavor and wow it was amazing! I would probably compare this to the taste of watermelon bcaa's, it's not as good, but definitely close. I would just use a spoon to mix and it always mixed well, and never took more than one scoop.

Another one of my favorite things about this, is the effectiveness. I hit around 2 or 3 pr's while on this and was constantly doing more weight than usual, i was also on creatine while taking this, as well as taking protein, and eating slightly more than usual, which i'm sure all of these combined helped with these new maxes. Still though, I am definitely sure this helped me to push out a few more reps with weight that i normally could barely do, and also gave me fantastic pumps and focus. These aren't the super insane skin tearing pumps that some supplements can help give, but i definitely felt yoked in the gym as well as for a couple of hours after. After i put my headphones in, i was just a monster in the gym lol.

The only thing that kills me with this is the value. I did receive this for free, but it is pretty expensive on bb.com coming in at $37.99 plus around $5 shipping for only 20 servings. This is definitely a premium pre workout, but you do get what you pay for.

Side Effects

NA
no side effects

Conclusion

This is a great pre workout, if you don't mind spending a little bit more for an awesome pre workout or like to try new pre's I would definitely recommend this. It tastes AMAZING and it is very effective in terms of focus/energy/pumps.

I do have one thing i forgot to mention, this product does have 350mg which is a little too much for a small dude like me(5'7 160lbs) lol, but I didn't feel super jittery, or all cracked out and stuff, so for those that don't like high caffeine, you should still try this out.
  • Watermelon: 10/10

December 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Taste Great
  • Not Enough Servings

PRE by NutraBio is a popular supplement that has been on my radar for quite sometime due to its all-in-one; pump, stimulant, creatine, you-name-it-its-got-it preworkout! So I absolutely had to give it a whirl when I saw my opportunity! Thanks to NutraBio for giving me the chance to test out PRE and providing me with an awesome packaged presentation of the product itself.

The ingredient profile of PRE is literally insane. It has pretty much every popular and effective pre-workout supplement in its ingredient profile and amazingly they are all clinically dosed! I've seen time and time again how supplement companies spout that their product has all these ingredients but they are at such a low dosage that they wouldn't even be effective... not with this supplement! I really couldn't believe it when I went down the list of ingredients including: citrulline malate (6g), agmatine sulfate (1g), beta alanine (2.5g), creatine HCl (1g), and l-leucine (3.5g) just to name a notable few. It really is an extreme rarity for any supplement to encompass such a variety of ingredients, let alone clinical dosing for each one! I do have to hand it to NutraBio for doing their best to create the most comprehensive pre-workout supplement ingredient profile ever.

I had the pleasure of trying the green apple flavor, which goes down smooth and light without any overbearingly strong hints of flavor. I've always had a good experience with mixing without any sediment buildup with about 12oz of water. One serving uses a fairly large scooper reminiscent of the old-school N.O.xplode scooper I'm sure many of us remember.

This is the part of the review that I must say still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. After taking a full scoop of PRE I always had the usual mild tingling instantly from the beta alanine and would prep my workout equipment before going onto the gym floor. By the time I got my workout started about 10 minutes after ingesting the full serving I started feeling it quite a bit but it was unfortunately no where near as crazy as I thought it would be. I was expecting an unreal non-stop pump, focus, and burst of energy that would transcend my workouts to the next level, but I was left a bit flat from riding the hype train so hard. The pump, stimulant, and focus effects I got from PRE were unfortunately just good-average compared to other pre-workouts I've used with significantly reduced ingredient dosing. Don't get me wrong, I still think that this is a solid pre-workout supplement but it wasn't as amazing as I had believed it was gonna be from looking over the ingredient profile. All aspects were effective as a pre-workout but no specific attribute was particularly excellent when gauging pump, focus, and stimulant effect.

For the quality of a pre-workout that you get from PRE for $38 with 20 servings, this puts PRE at probably one of the highest priced pre-workout supplements on the market but for good reason. PRE has an insanely high quality ingredient profile that demands a high price for production and all things considered is actually a fair price.

Side Effects

I personally experienced no side effects while using PRE.

Conclusion

PRE by NutraBio is everything that you could ever dream of in a pre-workout. NutraBio took care of each and every facet of the pre-workout game when they created PRE but for some reason it all didn't come quite together for me personally. I expected a diamond but ended up getting gold, not quite as amazing but still great in its own right. Either way NutraBio is doing the right thing in the supplement world by giving consumers quality products and holding nothing back in their creation and PRE is proof of their desire for perfection... but unfortunately I'll have to dig elsewhere for my diamonds. Cheers!

June 9, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Taste Great
  • Focus
  • Laxative Effect
  • Stomach Cramps
  • Little Pricey

Everybody loves a quality company and with Nutrabio you consistently get solid products. With that being said thanks to Nutrabio for sending out plenty of tubs of this and other products for the TROOPers to try out.

As with all Nutrabio products you have a pretty lengthy list of proven ingredients that are dosed for the most part at clinical dosages. The list here is pretty long with a 25 gram scoop size, but they included almost everything you would want in a performance pre. 6 grams of citrulline DL MAlate, paired with nitrosigine and agmatine sulfate for some great pumps. Betaine, Taurine, Beat Alanine, Leucine, and creatine for hydration and performance. Then a long list of stims and focus products to top it off including 350mg of total caffeine.

Green apple was good, but could get very sour towards the last sips if you didn't use plenty of water. I started off using 6-8 ounces of water but found that for me the 10-12 was the sweet spot. Mixing was always fine, a few shakes and I was good to go.

While on this my workouts were feeling based, some days were power and strength based and others I simply chased the pump and repped until I couldn't go anymore. I will start out with what I found to be the most impressive aspect of this product and that was the pump.. With citrulline, agmatine, and nitrosigine all in this I was expecting an above average pump, but I was extremely impressed with how full this made me. Vascularity on arm and shoulder days was off the charts, chest days I would feel so tight that I would have to do extra stretches to keep from feeling like I was going to pull something. The pumps lasted as well, one day I measured my arms just to see and they held that post workout fullness for over an hour after the workout.
I cant say I felt much for the strength and recovery complexes, recovery seemed to be about the same as always and the little bit of creatine in the product didn't seem to make much of a noticeable difference either.
The hydration complex is something a lot more preworkouts seem to be focusing on and for good reason. Nothing will ruin a workout faster than some excruciating cramps and starting to cut down I had started to experience some. While using Pre I seemed to stay much more hydrated throughout the workout.
Focus and energy were probably a close 2nd to pumps in regards to impressive performance. The Focus and drive complex as it is named did exactly that. There were several days while on using this that I felt very tired and had to drag myself to the gym. After about 25-30 minutes though I could notice this kicking in, I don't want to say feel it because in all honesty It just kind of snuck up on me one minute id be talking myself into getting on to the treadmill and the next I was ready to go. I was zoned in feeling energized, I was able to focus and get through every workout without getting sidetracked or crashing.

Depending on an occasional coupon this is going to cost $35-38, you get 20 servings so it is on the higher side of preworkouts, but you get transparency, properly dosed ingredients, and purity so I don't have an issue with the price at all.

Side Effects

During the 20 servings I had some pretty bad diarrhea shortly after drinking this about 7-8 times. That's almost half, i'm not sure exactly what the culprit may be here, but they were some very unpleasant trips to the bathroom. Other than that it was great.

Conclusion

Another Nutrabio product and another above average supplement. If you love a big pump then this is something you need to try out. If I could find out what was causing my stomach distress this would be close to a perfect product for me.

May 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Focus
- Introduction -
Preworkouts are probably the supplements I like trying more than anything else. Their effects are always noticeable(if they're good anyways) and they can help you get through some rough workouts. Over the course of using this, I did use a carb based intra in conjunction with this, however it was used sparingly as I prefer to have zero carbs till later in the day as I train early in the morning. My diet has been a strict fat loss diet, though only 150-200 calories under maintenance in order to not lose any strength throughout the course of this fat loss cycle.

- Ingredient Profile -
As a guy who typically does fasted workouts, there are certain things I look for in a pre. Since I do not have protein or carbs prior to a workout, I usually add some BCAA's to the pre in order to get that ever coveted protein synethis going and try to avoid any potential muscle loss due to being fasted. The first ingredient I was happy to see is the leucine at 3.5g per serving which is a better dose as you'll see in most intra supplements as well. There are two types of caffeine in here as well, caffeine anhydrous and infinergy(time released caffeine) which is nice so all 350mg won't be hitting you at the same time. Another nice addition is the L-Theanine at 300mg. I think the synergy between caffeine and L-Theanine is overlooked by many in terms of focus and energy. For the most part they have all the typical stuff in here, and it is all dosed properly and listed accordingly. If you to know more about the ingredients check the product page: http://www.nutrabio.com/product/pre/ They cover everything quite well on there. I give this a 9/10 for ingredients and transparency.

- Taste -
Got the watermelon flavor, and I would say it has good taste; however it does take a little getting use to. Not too sweet, and covers up all the taste from the stims and other ingredients rather well. It is what I would describe as a pleasant taste.

- Mixability -
Mixes incredibly well. Throw a 3/4 or full scoop in the shaker, a few shakes and it is completely mixed with very little residue.

- Dosing -
A total of 20 servings if you do a full scoop, however I varied between a full and 3/4 scoop. Mostly I went with a 3/4 scoop unless I really felt like I need an extra jolt.

- Effectiveness -
This product worked for me on multiple levels of which I will be getting into. The main places I noticed Pre is in workout performance are in focus, strength/energy and pump. The following is all based off of the 3/4 scoop that I went with. I expected the results to not be that great, however I was wrong. Starting with focus, which is the most important factor in a preworkout for myself, Pre comes in with a pretty high score. Would not say this is the best focus I have ever had, though it is one of the better focus preworkouts I have had to date. About halfway through my first sets of cleans I would notice the focus start to kick in. It would start with me being able to feel my form a little better, able to evaluate each lift and its flaw in order to improve the next one. This focus would continue well until my workout was complete roughly 60 minutes later. Wasn't tunnel vision by no means such as the DMAA kind, more of a smooth focus that keeps your mind of task, but not to the point you don't even noticed the cute girl in yoga pants. Next we have is the strength/energy aspect. With 350mg of caffeine in it, you're getting energy whether you like it or not. However as I noted most of my dosages were a 3/4 scoop which is about 270mg of caffeine. The energy I got from this kicked in around the same time as the focus. I would start my warm ups for cleans, and by the time I got to my 3 sets of light warm up weight the energizer bunny side of me would start to come out. By the end of my warm up (30-35 mins after consumption) I would be fighting myself to make sure I rest between sets as I would feel like I could lift non stop. The energy provided by this kicks about 30 minutes after taking it, and does not seem to decrease until 7-8+ hours later. Its a smooth flow, with a sudden jolt to get you into gear and continues at a solid pace throughout the rest of your day(If you workout in the morning). The strength side of this was not quite as noticeable as my strength did not increase as much as I would have expected. Without any pre I can clean 250lbs(1RM), with NutraBio's pre that only increased slightly to roughly 260lbs(1RM) which is okay, though I am able to sustain that kind strength longer throughout the entire workout unlike with out a pre which would leave me gassed after my second exercise. Now on to the pump side of things, not an important aspect for a pre for myself though. The pump was one of the better pumps I have experienced from a preworkout in a while. My arms were noticeably fuller, and the veins popped out of my forearms. Overall this is a well rounded preworkout, has just about everything you need and some. Plus the added bonus of Leucine is nice for anyone who trains fasted. I give this a 8.8/10 overall.

- Value -
The value is there because they take pretty much everything you need in a preworkout and throw it together. With that in mind another added value to this is the transparency that comes with NutraBio. Everything is listed and the dosages are shown as well. I consider that something I would pay extra for, so I give this a top shelf value rating of 8.5/10 for 20 servings(30 if you dosed like me) at $35 on amazon.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
Again NutraBio delivers with another great product. Pre is one of the best dosed pre workouts on the market, and the results from taking this show. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new favorite preworkout to add to their stack. This is definitely a top 5 preworkout in my book.
  • Watermelon: 7/10

May 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Taste Great

Hello SR. Here to review a pre workout supplement that had some pretty amazing results. First I would like to thank NutraBio for sending this out, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I used this of course for pre workout purposes only, and it was definitely skin tingly pumps and energy throughout the course of my 90-120 minute workouts. I'll try to cover the information as well as possible without rehashing all the reviews on this supplement.

Ingredient Profile/Effectiveness

The ingredient profile is pretty intense. By intense I mean a pretty long list of ingredients that all combine together and make this a very effective pre workout. The ingredient profile has already thoroughly been broken down by fellow reviewers, so I'll just put my two-cents in on the different complex's placed into the supplement, which is of course FULLY disclosed the way we all like it I'm sure. Even the "other ingredient" sections get shown completely. NutraBio really is a heavy hitter in the supplement industry.

Athletic Endurance and Performance Complex (8.5g)
    This complex definitely worked for me. I honestly didn't want to leave the gym and just felt like throwing more exercises into the mix just for the hell of it. Truly had to stop myself during each workout and say enough for the day. I believe it was the 6g's of citrulline making my "pumps" look pretty nice in the mirror.

ATP Power, Strength, and Recovery Complex (9g)
    This was basically two forms of creatine the effective BCAA we car about the most Leucine. For the price of the product I'm glad this was in there since it made it to where I could save my creatine for pre workout usage for another supplement stack. Strength and power wise was noticeable since I was hitting my starting lifts with some great strength boosts and my 1RM turned into two reps on deadlifts and squats.

Electrolytes and Hydration (2.2g)
    A pretty nice dosing for keeping the body hydrated with a nice dosing of Taurine and Calci K. The supplement made me want to drink a lot of water regardless so I never felt dehydrated during my workout. Recovery wise my muscles never felt fatigued or sore until far later into the day. Very potent supplement for recovery and endurance.

N.O. Performance Matrix (1.75g)
    The citrulline mixed with this matrix got the veins going especially in my forearms and biceps. Pumps were very noticeable and my muscle appeared fuller in the mirror. Nitrosigine is in this matrix at 750mg, which is a fine dosing considering all the different ingredients mixed together for N.O. boosting.

Focus and Drive Matrix (1.9g)
    The caffeine dosing at 350mg was phenomenal and much appreciated. I was ready to pump weights the minute my body started to get this itchy feeling and once that began there was no stopping me. However, the ingredients like theanine kept the energy boost clean and my mind focused on the training needed to be done. I never crashed after this supplement wore off, and fortunately did not experience any of the digestive issues either.

Topping it all of is 5mg's of BioPerine, which NutraBio likes to always include to help make the absorption much more effective.

The taste was honestly pretty good. A bit sour towards the end, but I did choose green apple (lol) maybe a different flavor next time for me.

Mixing is nice and clean unless you do not shake it thoroughly. I was in a hurry one time and chugged down a grainy water substance, but that was on my own error.

Dosing is one scoop before workout with water. That's it for me. I'm not sure what I would do if I had two scoops in my system. Probably need to go run around a rave or something with that much clean energy.

Given all the quality ingredients thrown into this I think the $34.95 pricing I find this for is very understanding. You are not just getting some cheap ingredients thrown in there with the notion they work synergestically well so let's bust of the price type of product. A very well thought out blend that grants you with creatine, caffeine, NO boosts, endurance, and recovery all in one supplement. You just can't beat that when it's virtually three supplements in one.

Side Effects

No side effects to report

Conclusion

I'm going to buy this again in the near future, so I'd definitely recommend this for any person seeking clean energy boosts with some nice pumps and endurance to go along with it. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement NutraBio.