PRE Workout (Stimulant Free) Reviews

By: NutraBio

PRE Workout (Stimulant Free) is a Stimulant Free Pre-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. It can increase muscle performance, endurance and blood flow without the use of stiimulants. It promotes an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

September 20, 2016

• Noticed No Increase In Energy
Once again, many thanks to NutraBio for this opportunity... proving the quality of their product.

_Ingredient Profile_
-ATP Power, Strength & Recovery Complex
Full dose of Leucine (3.5g, fermented) to kick off protein synthesis. There's also 3 total grams of creatine; 2g PharmaPureTM micronized creatine mono and 1g of Creatine HCl. I'm a believer in creatine being paired with betaine anhydrous, found here at the full 2.5g dose.

-Athletic Endurance & Performance Complex
6g of Citrulline Malate paired with 2.5g of Beta Alanine.

-Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer
1.5g of taurine for hydration and water pump. 525mg of TRAACS Calci K which gives you an effective bond of calcium and potassium. 189mg of sodium phosphate.

-Nitric Oxide Performance Matrix
1g of Agmatine Sulfate, which is a pretty decent dose... but cool to have it paired with the minimum effective dose of 750mg of Nitrosigine. Ideally, one would like to have 1.5g of Nitrosigine. However having 1g of Agmatine Sulfate isn't too bad of an alternative.

-Focus & Drive Matrix
A nice thick dose of 1.2g of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine for cognitive, mood and focus. The focus matrix is well-rounded by a 100mcg dose of Huperzine A.

-Nutrient Absorption Enhancer
The normal 5mg dose of Bioperine to help with nutrient absorption, which is normally found in a lot of pre-workouts.

Taste
I was on the fence about the green apple flavor prior to trying it for the first time. It's easy to catch a little too much fake tart that doesn't agree with the taste buds. But NutraBio came through again on how to do the flavor just right, while dodging the ways that flavor could hit you the wrong way.

Mixability
There's miniscule settling if at all. It might depend on the water temperature you're mixing with.

When we're dealing with this brand, one dose is the proper way to go. PSF was built with the purpose being a single dose and should be used as such.

The profile performs as advertised. The pump, performance and hydration were all there. Focus was the standout in my opinion. It took me a week or so to realize it, but I had very good focus. As much as I preach the fact that I don't need stim in my pre-workout. Focus is a little difficult to notice absent of a stimulant working with it.

As of this writing, it's only available direct from NutraBio for $37.99. There is no denying the quality, but it's a few dollars above what I would be willing to spending. Is it worth it for its current price, sure. But I need a little more pump and vascularity if I'm gonna come through with the scratch for this kind of one-scooper.

Side Effects

Conclusion
I was guaranteed no less than a solid workout every morning with PSF. I don't know if this a knock, or an indicator of the brand's consistency. Other than the focus, I did not expect nor receive any grand effects. The aspects were all good but not great. My personal appreciation, when done properly, is with the hydration. Hydration along with focus, was addressed in more profound fashion than the other areas. So that was good to have when it came to the variety of workouts I have throughout the week. Let me reiterate from the headline that this is a solid pre-workout, but it's not mind-blowing.

What could've made it better?
Glycerol. Across all their products, I've noticed that NutraBio doesn't use any form of Glycerol at all... no GMS, no HydroMax, no Hydro-Vask. They may have their reasons, but glycerol is a staple in the pump products I use.
  • Green Apple: 8/10

September 13, 2016

• Good Pump
  • Needs More Servings
  • Noticed No Increase In Energy

Another NutraBio review coming up. I have mentioned in the past that normally I try to choose preworkouts that contain anywhere from 150-300 mg max of caffeine as I feel anything over 300 mg is too much at once for me. I was recently coming off of DVST8 which was probably the heaviest stim supplement I have ever taken. I thought this stim-free pre showed up at the perfect time. Thank you NB again for sending these out.

As you are all probably aware by now, NB fully discloses their labels. Including a vitamin and mineral blend at the top of the label, there are six other sections of this profile. First section is the ATP Power, Strength, & Recovery Complex. 3.5 g of fermented leucine, 2.5 g of betaine, 2 g of micronized PharmaPure creatine monohydrate, and 1 g of creatine HCl. I like the pairing of the 2.5 g of betaine with the 3 g total of creatine here. Second section is Athletic Endurance & Performance Complex consisting of 6 g of citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio and CarnoSyn beta alanine at 2.5 g. CM is dosed nicely, but would have liked to see a little more BA. The third blend is the Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer highlighted by 1.5 g of taurine along with TRAACS Calci K at 525 mg. Next up is the Nitric Oxide Performance Matrix. This contains 1 g of agmatine sulfate and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. There is also the Focus & Drive Complex where you will see 1.2 g of NALT and 100 mcg of Huperzine A. Rounding off the profile is 5 mg of Bioperine.

Taste 8/10: I received the watermelon flavor and I thought it was good. It reminded me of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It may have been maybe a little too strong flavored for me, but it was probably needed to cover up everything that was put in here.

Mixability 7/10: Mixed up pretty well for the most part; just had some slight settling at the bottom that required a little extra swirling toward the end.

Dosing 9/10: Label states to mix one heaping scoop into 12-14 ounces of water and consume 30-45 minutes prior to training. In all caps it also warns not to exceed one scoop in a 24 hour period or use more than five days in a seven day period.

This is a bit harder to judge than your caffeine included pre-workouts because the effects were more subtle in my opinion. PRE does not contain anything ingredient wise that you will feel almost instantly like you will feel with other pre-workouts containing caffeine. You should start to feel the effects of this pre-workout a few sets into your workout.

While cycling off caffeine for the past few weeks while taking this, I did not notice a drop off in performance in the gym. My strength continued to increase as I am now focusing on putting on size and gaining strength for the fall/winter. I was also able to spend my normal 1.5-2 hours in the gym. The addition of creatine, betaine, and beta alanine all play a part here helping towards strength and endurance. I think those three ingredients are the most valuable to a pre-workout and always like to see them included.

Between the citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate, and Nitrosigine, I noticed really full pumps that were especially noticeable on arm day. This was probably my favorite part of PRE because I got a great pump every time I used this.

I believe the electrolytes included in PRE helped me stay a bit more hydrated than normal. I still drank the same amount of water during my workouts, but I would not find myself needing to go to my water bottle as often. I would have a lot of water left over after my workout that I would chug before leaving the gym. I have noticed NB loves adding electrolytes to many of their supplements and use the TRAACS ingredient often.

The blend that disappointed me was the focus complex. I am not sure if it was the ingredients/dosages in general or just the lack of caffeine pairing with these ingredients where I did not have the drive or focus I was looking for. Obviously there was never that burst of energy that we all look for when taking these PWs, so that could have been the reason why.

$38 + applicable shipping for 20 servings of PRE. Quality ingredients of course, but this is a little steep for me. This is not a staple pre-workout in my opinion and do not think I could run it year round. This may be useful maybe two or three times a year if you need a little boost and you want to reduce/cycle off stims.

Side Effects

Did not notice anything.

Conclusion

All together I think this was a hit more than a miss, but I do not think I would be willing to spend almost $2 a serving often for PRE. At $1.25ish I think I would be more inclined to purchase this. I know with these ingredients, it is unlikely it could ever get down to the $1 per serving it seems we all look for, but $1.90 a serving is a bit much to me. I mean I liked it as a stim-free option, but I think just buying bulk creatine, BA, betaine, and maybe even some CM would be more cost efficient in the long run if you want to reduce caffeine. I liked the pump I received with it, but that really is not imperative to a productive workout. Also the focus aspect was a complete miss for me. Sorry NB, but I cannot fully recommend this at the $38 price point. I may have to give the caffeine version of this a try in the future, though.
  • Watermelon: 8/10

September 13, 2016

• No Prop Blends

First I would like to thank NutraBio for sending this out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. NutraBio is one of my favorite brands because they deliver quality and trustworthy supplements - even their shipping boxes are top notch lol I used this while on break from any test boosters or PH's, and the results were pretty nice. But personally I'm going to stick with the stim based pwo's.

Ingredient Profile & Effectiveness

If you're not familiar with NutraBio pwo's, they're pretty extensive in ingredients and dosages. All ingredient info is fully disclosed and even neatly put together depending on the benefit they provide for us.

ATP Power, Strength, and Recovery
    Here we have Leucine, betaine anhydrous, and two different forms of creatine. I really liked this recovery blend because hours after training I wasn't feeling the harsh effects from heavy lifting. The creatine versions are HCL and PharmaPure CM. Both I've had good experiences with previously, and the dosing is adequate given their potency. Power wise I did have that ability to push more weights while using the supplement. I went from 110lbs. dumbbells for flat press to 120's by the end of use. You don't have that "energized" feeling, but the power is there.

Athletic Endurance and Performance
    Citrulline and beta alanine come into effect for this, I'd think creatine to fall here as well. I didn't fatigue easy while using this product, and could lift for up to an hour and a half easily. I still used another 2.5g's of my own beta alanine later in the day since I seem to do better with 5g dosing. But that's me personally.

Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer
    I didn't experience any bad cramping or anything, but I drink plenty of water training so can't really say how well the hydration is for this.

Nitric Oxide Performance Matrix
    I was really hoping for a better pump given the use of Nitrosigine and Agmatine Sulfate. It wasn't too bad as my muscles had a little extra fullness to them, but no vein popping effects going on. Maybe a full gram of nitrosigine would have been better for me instead of 750mg. But overall not bad just a little underwhelmed from expectations.

Focus and Drive
    Here we have N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and Huperzine A. Not sure what the second ingredient really is, but the first is well known for focus enhancing capabilities. I honestly felt very on point mentally and ready to do any heavy lifts such as deadlifts and squats. NutraBio delivered a nice focus complex for me.

Bioperine is added in of course to help with better absorption. Definitely a good overall group of complexes, but that drive from energy boosts just wasn't there. I guess I like to pace around the place instead of feel chill before each lift lol

I received the watermelon flavor and it tasted pretty good. Just really depended on how much water I added into it. Mixes perfectly in both room temperature and cold water. Dosing was just one scoop for me. If I did two not sure if there would be any energy rush still, but remember there's no stims at all.

The price is $37.99 for 20 scoops. Didn't see anything else lower than this price. It's almost $2 per serving, yes, but I think you're paying for quality ingredients opposed to crappy ones that probably just get pissed out of your system. Price value is really depending on what you see supplements for. A well made blend like this just couldn't be self made with cheaper products.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all a well rounded no-stim preworkout supplement to consider next time around. Maybe good for a PH cycle? Worked the way it was supposed to, but I like my energy boosts and could use some more "pumpage". Thanks for letting me review your supplement NutraBio.
    • Watermelon: 8/10

August 29, 2016

• Needs More Servings

NutraBio is definitely one of my favorite companies of all time with their use scientific backed ingredients and dosages. I've been looking for a Stim Free pwo for night workouts, when this became available I had to give it a try. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a fairly strict diet.

Claims:
    Builds explosiveness, power, and strength
    Enhances endurance and increases reps
    Accelerates performance and recovery
    Supercharges mental focus and acuity
    No proprietary blends and full label disclosure

The ingredient profile has a long long list of ingredients but they are still all disclosed with no prop blends. Just about everyone who uses pwo products has heard of these ingredients and its broken up into six different cateogories- For example some of the highlighted ingredients include: 6G Citrulline DL Malate, 2.5G Beta Alanine in just one category (Athletic Endurance & Performance Complex). Nutrabio does a real good job going over each ingredient: http://www.nutrabio.com/product/PRESF/

Taste - For this review I received the Watermelon flavor which is one of two different flavors available. The watermelon flavor tasted pretty good however it was a bit bitter at times. I give taste a 7/10

Mixability - I really didn't have many issues in regards to mixability. There was no clumping or foaming at anytime, however there was some settlement at the bottom which could be from the creatine. Mixability gets an 8/10

Dosing - This is a true 1 scoop product with the effectively dosed ingredients. I mixed one scoop with 14-16 oz of water about 30 min before training sessions.

To judge the effectiveness of Pre Stim-Free I'm going to use a few different categories:

Power/Strength - Overall I'd have to say this did help me a bit, I was able to hit extra sets and reps. 8/10

Endurance - I do feel I had more endurance during longer training sessions such as leg days. Because of that endurance I was able to do more sets. /10

Focus - This was the best category for myself, although I didn't have tunnel vision it was real close. 9/10

Pumps - With the addition of 6g Citrulline Malate and the N.O. Matrix I had good pumps and even saw some new veins in my arms. 9/10

I found 20 serving tubs of Pre Stim-Free on Nutrabio and Amazon for around $37 each. At a price point of $1.85 per serving this is at the high end of spending for myself. Even though this has science backed ingredients and dosages (1 scoop product) I couldn't spend that kind of money for 20 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a great all-around Stim-Free pwo from a great company. The only negative for me would be the price per serving and total # of servings, but it did meet my expectations for effectiveness. Once again I want to thank Nutrabio for giving me another opportunity to review their products.
    • Watermelon: 7/10