Ranks #46 (better than 81%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

PRE Extreme is a Pre-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
FORUM TOPICS

PiccoloPete
  June 24, 2017

Intro
NutraBio is a company that has built it's reputation on providing its customers and athletes with supplements that have full label disclosure, not only this but they actually use high quality patented ingredients.

So what did I expect from Pre-Extreme? I expected a damn good pre-workout! From the score above you know I did get it.

This has got to be the longest ingredient list I have ever seen on a pre-workout, that actually shows you the doses (of course there is the pixie dusted ones that are not fully disclosed). I will name a few ingredients that we all want in our pre-workout their doses.

1) 15g of HBCD as ClusterDextrin this helps increase glycogen levels thus giving you the pumps & energy to use in the gym.
2) A whopping 6g of L-Citrulline + 2.5g of Beta Alanine
3) 2 different types of creatine - classic monohydrate, Creatine HCL this later one is absorbed faster, and you don't need the 5g of HCL to receive the benefits.
4) 1.5g Taurine will help prevent dehydration while the electrolytes keep you hydrated. This is very important while doing any type of training.
5&6) Nalt, Caffeine, L-theanine, Huperzine, AgMass - these are all going to either give you energy, help with focus and provide you with the best feeling ever is getting that PUMP.

I requested and received Watermelon flavor, it was refreshing and tasty. In terms of its mixability I am going to say this does require a shaker cup, it is not cup/spoon friendly. Even with a shaker you get some grit but it is not that bad, there is also some slight foaming to note as well.

Dosing is easy 1 scoop for me with 10oz of water and normally 20-30 min before my workout. I never went above a single scoop, it was perfect at a single scoop and I never felt the need to go above that.

Effectiveness/Side Effects
PUMPS - While taking Pre-Extreme I was still on a Ketogenic Diet this has 15g of carbs from the HBCD so this actually took a huge chunk of my allowable daily carb intake. Nonetheless it was greatly appreciated as it helped quite a bit on keeping the pumps longer than normal. I can only imagine how sweet the pumps would be on a higher carb diet. Also the AgMass was also a nice addition to keeping the blood flowing into the muscles.
Energy/Focus - The energy was smooth, lasting and gave me that boost that I needed on days where there was not much will to push. I was able to focus keeping a mind muscle connection. I have been trying to get my hamstrings, calves, shoulders specifically the middle and rear delt. Achieving this mind muscle connection seemed easier than normal, I do believe that pre-extreme helped with this.
Strength/Endurance - One of the downfalls of losing weight normally is the loss of strength, well this did happen to me and my morale was dragging because of this. It seemed like I was right back where I started. I did notice a slight increase in some lifts like military press, and barbell bench press. I liked the endurance aspect as well, I could add 2 or 3 sets and even more reps on many different exercises.
With so many ingredients you would think, ok this will give me massive bowel movement early to mid-workout or it will make me feel sick in the gym! Well I have no bad news for you, no side effects for me, I have had other pre-workouts that give me those sides but not Pre-Extreme!

You get 20 fully dosed, fully loaded pre-workout that will get the job done and give you zero side effects. A tub of this can range between 38.69 on Suppz.com up to 43.99. This can easily last you up to a month if you work out 5 days a week. Not a bad deal if you ask me especially for the Quality of a supplement and Company that NutraBio is.

Conclusion

Big Thank you to NutraBio and also a Big apology, got some more reviews coming your way this week. If you are looking for a Solid company that is honest and provides its customers the best Try pre-Extreme.

It is not extreme for the energy but extreme because you have everything you need for a great pre-workout!

Thanks again NutrBio!
    • Watermelon: 9/10
    MarsheS
    TROOPer Level: 29
      June 13, 2017

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. Sorry for the delay writing this, it's just that I keep reading other reviews instead of writing my own! lol. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and preworkouts have become one of my favorite supplements to have, a must have. My workouts are usually +2 hours long so that's even more reasons to take a preworkout. I was very tempted to try Nutrabio PRE Extreme because of the ingredients and doses included so luckily, I was able to claim it :D

Like I said in my Nutrabio Reload's review, "NutraBio sent me a folder with pages explaining each one of their products (I also claimed their Casein and PRE Extreme), they also sent me one of their shakers and a letter telling me about their History and the advantages of their products like no amino spiking, no proprietary blends, full clinical dosages, etc. You can view this as just a way of manipulating me to give them high ratings or... you can view this as a way of letting me know they really care about their products. I prefer this second way of looking at that. I don't think they need to do the first one. I would do something similar like them if I was the owner of the company."

The results were very impressive, let's read why...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested the Green Apple flavor and I got it. I honestly wasn't expecting NutraBio PRE Extreme to taste well because of all the ingredients included. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients and make them taste well. But Nutrabio did a great job with the taste. The taste is not so strong nor weak, it's simply delicious! 9/10! I'm now tempted to try their Watermelon flavor.

MIXABILITY: Never gave me problems mixing it. Some slight foam was generated but nothing to worry about, just let it sit for some 30-60 seconds and it will vanish. Just remember: WATER FIRST, NOT THE POWDER! Don't complain about clumps if you put the powder first. Never tried it with this supplement but it's expected that will happen if you put the powder first.

DOSING: 1 scoop 30-45 minutes before working out. No more than 1 scoop. 20 total servings. Of course 30 servings would have been better but 20 servings is okay for a preworkout of this category. You're getting top quality ingredients with high doses. I never exceeded 1 scoop, it's not necessary.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

EFFECTIVENESS

The ingredient profile is impressive. The product label is already added, people have also included it in other reviews so I won't talk too much about them. I love all the ingredients this included so I'll join both sections (ingredients and effectiveness) to talk about how effective they were.

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: Excellent results. The muscle fullness was decent and a lot of veins I don't normally see were visible so the combination between the 15g of Dextrin, 6g fermented Citrulline Malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 750mg of Nitrosigine along with the Creatine worked great. I usually respond well to Citrulline and Agmatine so I was expecting good results in this area and I got them, it never dissapointed me. The Pump was a "healthy" one, it didn't affect my lifts, it wasn't painful.

- ENDURANCE & PERFORMANCE: Excellent results. I was able to workout for a longer time, I had to force myself to stop lifting! That's a feeling I love from preworkouts <3. I was also able to make supersets easier. The number of repetitions increased for every exercise. Recovery between sets was increased, I was able to rest less time between sets. I was able to do more exercises for each muscle. Great job from the 6g Citrulline Malate, 2.5g Carnosyn Beta Alanine, 3 grams of Creatine Monohydrate and HCL together, 350mg of 2 types of Caffeine (Anhydrous and Dicaffeine Malate). Tingles from Beta Alanine were alright, not so heavy on me.

- FOCUS: Excellent results. Focus was very decent similar to what I experienced with NRG Max from Maxler. I was always thinking about the sets, the repetitions, the next routines, the combinations, the inclusion of other exercises, etc. My mood was improved too. 1 or 2 days that it went down to average but overall, it was usually high. Great job from the 1.2 grams of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (I usually see 1g of Tyrosine alone, I'm very surprised to see this high amount of this form of Tyrosine), 350mg of the 2 types of Caffeine mentioned above, 300mg Theanine, 100mcg of Huperzine A, 50mg of Hordenine HCL, etc.

- ENERGY: Excellent results. My previous preworkout had 400mg of Caffeine. I took some days off stimulants before taking Nutrabio PRE Extreme to reduce my caffeine tolerance but I was still worried about this. But I guess this is the proof that more caffeine doesn't mean more energy. The energy from this preworkout felt smooth, it felt like "free", it was an energy that was available to use, it wasn't extreme but it was intense, it was long lasting. It's the first time a supplement with Dicaffeine Malate works for me lol although maybe it was because of other ingredients like Yohimbe HCL (good job adding this), Hordenine HCL, etc. The energy was present until the end of my long +2 hours workouts so great job! It never dissapointed me. I also didn't have a post-workout Crash so I was happy about that. (I did with my previous preworkout).

- STRENGTH: Excellent results. Another important benefit of taking a preworkout is the Increased Strength. People that don't take preworkouts might feel strong at the beginning but then their strength starts to vanish. With Nutrabio PRE Extreme, my Strength always increased. One workout was better the next week than the previous week workout (wait, did I type that correctly? lol). I love Creatine HCL, I think it works. I tried it with MuscleTech Creactor and it worked great for me. I've tried it now a couple of times as pre-workout and it has worked very well for me. The combination of 1g of Creatine HCL (more than the standard 750mg) and 2g of Creatine Monohydrate is excellent. Some people might complain they are just getting 2g of Monohydrate but I don't think it's necessary. Don't touch what is working! lol. They expect the 2 forms of Creatine, the 2.5 grams of Betaine, the 3.5g of fermented Leucine, the 2.5g of Beta-Alanine and the help of other ingredients included to work well together and hey, they do. It's not easy to make ingredients work together. Too much of 1 ingredient can affect the others so I feel the 2g of Monohydrate is alright because of all the other ingredients they used to help improve our strength. Of course I had to try to increase my 1RM with this preworkout and I did :D The 1RM became 3 and 4 reps ;) Oh I forgot to thank the Dextrin too!

- ELECTROLYTE & HYDRATION: I drink small amounts of water after every set. I kept doing the same but it was more because it's already a habit I have, not because I was thirsty so yes, Hydration was better. Also good job with the added Vitamins to help balance and control all these ingredients! Same with Taurine.

Any other category you might want to add, all I have to say is that IT WORKED! I felt all the ingredients doing their job.

VALUE

Aaaaaaaaand this is the part people may run away from this product. Nutrabio's website has it for $43.99, Suppz for $42.99, IllPumpYouUp for $42.99, Nutrition Jungle for $42.99, etc. It has 20 servings. That's $2.15 per serving. It's expensive but it's worth it and it's a fair price. Nutrabio is using patented ingredients for almost all the ingredients they added (Carnosyn, ClusterDextrin, PharmaPure, Nitrosigine, Kyowa Quality, Infinergy and so on). So that must also be expensive for them. At the moment, you will not find a preworkout with these top quality ingredients and doses for a cheaper price. I challenge you to find one. I really doubt there's one right now that can equal this Ingredient Profile and have it for a cheaper price. So you're getting what you pay for. You want one of the best preworkouts? Then pay for it.

Good news for us people that like to buy cheap (yea, me :D) is that now that Nutrabio is more available, websites constantly run discounts, promotions, special offers for Nutrabio products so if I was you, I would look for them weekly. Meanwhile, you can save money to get this. That's what I'm going to do and NO! I won't tell you if I find one! hahahaha. But don't be a bad person like me, tell me if you find a good discount/promo/etc for this product :)

SIDE EFFECTS

Surprisingly, none. Never had to run to the bathroom with this. I thought the 6g of Citrulline Malate were going to send me to the bathroom a couple of times but nope, it was great, no side effects. I was also expecting some post-workout crash but nope, that didn't happen either. Just normal tireness from the heavy workouts.

CONCLUSION

For now, the best preworkout I've taken. Delicious Green Apple taste. Great mixability. Easy dosing. Great results on Pump, Vascularity, Energy, Focus, Strength, etc. (Read effectiveness again). Surprisingly no side effects. Preworkout with Carbs worked great. The only thing I wonder is that what would have happened if I didn't have Nutrabio Reload Recovery Matrix with me? I took it early in the morning several weeks and the PRE Extreme some hours later, MAYBE my effectiveness score is very high because of that. The days I didn't take Reload because it was finished, my workouts weren't affected, maybe 5% only. Expensive but it's worth to save some money to buy it. Good marketing. Fully transparent label.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Ignore the petitions of adding DMAA to this. That ingredient will be gone "forever" soon so no point adding it. Second of all, it doesn't need DMAA nor DMHA. I'm curious to see how this would work with DMHA though ;) but I think it's unnecessary.
    2. I would like a Blue Raspberry flavor or a Pineapple flavor or maybe some Mango.
    3. Maybe adding Bioperine would make this perfect. I don't think it's needed because it worked great for me but maybe that's what other users needed.

Great product, congratulations Nutrabio!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Nice Colors
    • High Doses
    • Decent Focus
    • High Performance
    • No Side Effects
    • Preworkout With Carbs
    • Green apple: 9/10
    shae2311
      June 10, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Once again thanks to nutrabio for sending out a plethora of products for the TROOPERs to try out. My workouts while using this were mostly mid afternoon ones shortly after work nothing really special to note.

Everything in this is fully disclosed and third party tested for purity like with all nutrabio products. I'm not going to go over too much here because there are tons of ingredients in here and it has been reviewed multiple times. The main reason I grabbed this though is for the highest dosed ingredient 15g of HBCD to help shuttle glycogen and replenish energy stores faster. I was working out immediately after work so i wanted to see how that extra source would help me on usually and empty stomach.

I received green apple and it was very pleasant a light taste but just crisp enough to give that granny Smith sourness. Mixing was always pretty good which is impressive with the amount of ingredients in here.

Now with the added HBCD and a solid amount of caffeine and stims I expected my energy to be at the red line. It just never really happened for me. There was a slight boost in my energy, but I didn't really notice it, no crash, but also I could have taken a nap after my workout if I wanted to, something very unusual for me after a stimmed up pre. Focus was lacking as well, I didn't have tunnel vision or even really much of an increase at all in focus.
    Lastly the pump, there are a good amount of ingredients in here that should induce a rather nice pump on paper, but in the gym I found it to be fairly average. My sets stayed between 3-5 For 8-12 reps and still never got those painful pumps.

20 workouts is going to cost you around $40 maybe a couple bucks cheaper. It's on the high end because of the extra testing and purity that nutrabio provides... on paper I don't have an issue with the price because it is loaded with ingredients, but for my experience it is a little steep.

Side Effects

None for me, some people reported stomach issues but I handledbthis very well never any issues.

Conclusion

I've used a lot of nutrabio products and 99% of the time it's hard to find much wrong with them. For this particular product though I just felt let down.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Lacking Focus
    BigHoop65
    TROOPer Level: 42
      June 3, 2017

Intro
    Once again I'm so fortunate to have another go at a NutraBio product. Every single time I receive a TROOP order from the brand, they go the extra mile to show their professionalism and make sure that you are aware of the product's strong points. I've had experience with their brand reps, which is rare on the west coast. My exchanges with them even speak to the brand's reputation. All in all, grateful to have another opportunity to talk about another one of their products.

15g ClusterDextrin(R) Cyclic Dextrin
    -A brand name highly branched cyclic dextrin product. A complex, low GI, quick absorption carbohydrate that carries next to no weight on the stomach.
    6g L-Citrulline
    -Full dose for muscular endurance and nitric oxide
    2.5g CarnoSyn Beta Alanine
    -Large dose for buffering lactic acid and muscular endurance
    3.5g L-Leucine
    -Fully dosed to trigger protein synthesis
    2.5g Betaine Anhydrous
    -Full dose for muscle power output and enhanced creatine uptake
    2g PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate
    -Brand name, micronized creatine monohydrate
    1g Creatine HCl
    -Creatine variant that is a little easier with the water requirements for solubility and absorption
    1.5g Taurine
    -Triggers muscle volumization and hydration by pulling water into the muscle
    525mg TRAACS Calci K
    -A special calcium potassium phosphate citrate electrolyte bond for hydration
    189mg Sodium Phosphate
    -Sodium phosphate bond for hydration
    1.2g N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
    -Very big dose for focus
    250mg Caffeine anhydrous
    -Less likely to crash on this caffeine variant, found in most pre-workouts
    133mg Infinergy di-caffeine malate
    -Brand name caffeine bonded with malic acid 2:1. Yielding 100mg of caffeine.
    300mg TheaPure L-theanine
    -Synergist with caffeine for mood enhancement, focus and regulate nitric oxide.
    50mg N-Methyl Tyramine
    -Appetite control, focus, blood pressure control.
    50mg Hordenine HCl
    -Stim, focus, fat burning.
    4mg Yohimbe HCl
    -Fat burning, mood enhancement, focus, appetite control, increased libido and sexual performance.
    100mcg Huperzine A
    -Focus
    1g Agmatine Sulfate
    -Well known nitric oxide booster
    750mg Nitrosigine Inositol Arginine Silicate
    -Stable arginine bond for extended nitric oxide effects.

Taste / Mixability / Dosing
    The Green Apple flavor was really good, but not strong or extravagant. The taste remained the same throughout. Even the aftertaste was as consistent as when you take the first sip.

The mix is pretty easy and hardly settles if at all. I never found any trouble getting the entire drink down. Given the full clinical dosing of ingredients, it was only right that I stick to a single scoop per workout. I don't have any issues with this amount of caffeine, but some should be mindful of their tolerance.

PRE Extreme was more like PRE Complete. I got it all from that one scoop. In between the 30-45 minute mark, I would feel loaded up, focused and ready to go. By loaded, I mean the carbs were working their way in; as were the creatine, the creatine synergists, the nitric oxide and the focus. Even on days where I may not have been as ready to rock (ie a slow morning), PRE Extreme didn't allow my body to actually feel that way. I've come to a plateau on my bench press just recently, but not before I got the last bit of progress using PRE Extreme. The strength and power output is easily the most solid quality in this product.

There were a lot of times were I really felt it was just unfair to some of the focus and fat burning effects that I didn't get around to noticing them though. Those things did manage to hang around in the several hours beyond my workout. The pump would hang around as well, granted my food and water was sufficient during that time.

Where the focus was solid, the stim wasn't grand. I'm actually grateful for that, since I'm not a person that requires stim in my preworkout. I just take it with the fact that it comes in most of the great pre-workouts that are in the market. That being said... the stim does the job and works as needed, not always as wanted. For those used to good stim and focus, understand that the stim will not wow you... but just gets the job done.

NutraBio has developed a solid brand reputation. With that kind of brand reputation comes the idea that you are getting exactly what you pay for. This is no exception with PRE Extreme carrying a normal price tag of $40-$44 per container. One container is set to last 20 workouts; or one month if you have a 5-day routine. Any pre-workout above $40 can be deemed expensive. However, PRE Extreme makes the case of being worth the dent in your pocket.

Side Effects
    Water is pretty important when taking your serving. It seemed best to get a total of 24-32oz of water with this pre-workout to make sure everything was able to be properly absorbed. That means the 12-14oz per the instructions, plus the another 12-20oz of water.

Conclusion
    PRE Extreme is one that I believe falls in the category of a complete pre-workout. Every angle from strength, power, endurance, hydration, energy, focus, pump and fat burning are all covered. NutraBio definitely didn't skimp on dosing these ingredients.

What's more is the quality of the ingredients. Citrulline and Leucine are fermented aminos, staying true to their vegan label claims. Most of the other ingredients are processed via HPLC for proper separation and quality. If it's pretty much not a patented or brand name ingredient on the label, it's an ingredient that is already processed and sold by NutraBio anyway.

It was cool going through this container... due to the fact that this is one pre-workout that I didn't need to add a carb to my morning routine. As I workout very early in the morning, my only fuel is my protein powder and carb powder. PRE Extreme could properly fuel my body for my morning workouts, instead of my normal protocol, whenever the need arises.

Everything that PRE Extreme was doing for me didn't jump out and present itself all the time, nor did it need to. All that matters is that they are all there in proper doses, knowing that they will do what they are there to do. I have to admit that this is one expensive pre-workout that I would ante up for.

Thanks for taking the time.
    As usual... thoughts, comments, questions, critique and analysis are all welcome.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Endurance
    DLP1
      June 2, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Haven't posted a review in a while so here is a quick update on my regimen: I have been lifting weights for 35 years straight. Currently 221lbs at 9% BF. Main purpose is to stay healthy and look OK . I work out 4 on, 1 off, standard bodybuilding exercises, 4x10 for each. Diet is pretty good but not brutal - 5 small meals/day, no processed or fried food. Protein shakes supplementing mostly chicken and complex carbs. No drinking during the week. 2-4 drinks /day at weekend. Supplements used are protein powders, PWOs, creatine HCl, BCAAs, plus a couple other things I will be writing a log about coming up to my 60th birthday at the end of this month.

Disclaimer: I am a Nutrabio fan. I like their approach to the supplement business, their products and their policy of full disclosure which goes a step further than any other company.

As always, thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS.

PRE Extreme is part of a family of PWOs from Nutrabio: the original PRE, PRE Extreme (basically PRE plus 15g of HBC Dextrin which is a fast digesting carb that prevents muscle breakdown by the body as it tries to restore the glycogen you burned up in the gym). Finally there is PRE Stim Free which is exactly what the label says. I have reviewed PRE Stim Free previously. From here on I will refer to PRE Extreme as simply PRE.

There is a product label on the PRE Extreme product page but its hard to read, so here is a link to the label Nutrabio website. http://www.nutrabio.com/product/PREX/

All the PRE variants follow Nutrabio's standard formula, which is to provide a top shelf, fully loaded product that avoids you having to add additional ingredients to get the mix you are looking for. Most PWOs are lacking in several respects (dose and/or content), so typically to a scoop of most PWOs I will add 30g of dextrose, 1g of creatine HCl, 1g of taurine and about 6g of cit malate. No need to do any of that here since PRE has it all covered. I just took 1 scoop of PRE and was good to go.

In addition to the regular ingredients found in basic PWOs, PRE also features NALT, theacrine, hordenine and N methyl tyramine for focus, both creatine mono and HCl, plus some electrolyte buffers to help with hydration. Finally, two components for pump - agmatine and arginine. A very important point is that all components are very well dosed - no half measures here.

The only negative point for me in the ingredient list is the addition of yohimbe HCl at 4mg. This is a fairly recent addition to the formula and at higher doses gives me bad stomach issues. I had maybe a slight upset a time or two but could not say for sure it was the yohimbe. For the benefit it gives I just don't think its worth putting in there.

Mixability was excellent, as was taste - like almost every Nutrabio product I have tried. I had raspberry lemonade. Mixing was very good - some light residue from the creatine mono as expected. I took a full scoop and didn't vary that. Another great thing is no synthetic dyes here.

The effects of PRE were very reliable. Great energy, focus and pretty decent pump. I found that Pulse by Legion gives me the best pump of any PWO but all round, PRE is a better PWO. I like the fact that the caffeine was present in both fast and slow release forms, so the 350mg total caffeine present didn't feel too stimmy for me - just about right.

I never had a bad workout on PRE.

PRE is on the expensive side for a PWO, though it can be had discounted these days at $38 for 20 servings, bringing it under $2/serving. Looks expensive when you can get Yeah Buddy, which is good (but not as good), for less than $1/scoop. Of course you have to add the carbs and creatine to Yeah Buddy.

Side Effects

Possible slight bathroom issue a couple of times but can't be sure it was related. If it was then the yohimbe is definitely the culprit.

Conclusion

A little pricey but you are getting top quality raws, all fully dosed, with extras that no other PWO has. Excellent results every workout. great smooth energy and focus - even when not in the mood. Add to that a great taste, full disclosure and no dyes. Nutrabio has a winner with PRE Extreme!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Endurance
    • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10
    JayT
    TROOPer Level: 56
      June 1, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Another review coming up for NutraBio. I have lost count of how many products they have sent. As always, thanks a lot for sending this out.

This profile is almost the same as their PRE with a few more additions. For pumps, there are 6 g of citrulline malate, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. There is 2.5 g of CarnoSyn for endurance. It does not seem like they like a lot of beta-alanine. I think most people including myself like to feel the beta tingles. Their ATP Power, Strength, and Recovery Complex is a nice addition. I like Leucine included in pre-workouts and betaine paired with creatine has worked well for me for strength gains. There are two types of creatine included; 2 g of creatine monohydrate and 1 g of creatine HCl. On their own they are both dosed at about half of their clinical dosages, but I guess together it would equal an effective dose. PRE Extreme contains a electrolyte and hydration optimizer composed of taurine, TRAACS Calci K, and couple forms of sodium that they include in many of their products. NutraBio included two types of caffeine; 250 mg of anhydrous and 100 mg of Infinergy which is supposed to be absorbed easier. TheaPure is added which pairs well with caffeine.

For the additions, they have included 15 g of highly branched cyclic dextrin, which I really enjoy. I used their HBCD regularly and having it in a pre-workout means that I can use less intra-workout. They added Yohimbe HCl at 4 mg. Some people cannot handle this, so be careful. There is also NALT, n-methyl tyramine, hordenine HCl, and Huperzine A added to the pre-workout to allow you to have better focus during your workouts. Points off for artificial flavors and sweeteners.

Taste 6/10: I received the green apple flavor and thought it was average. I do not think I would choose this flavor if I were to get PRE Extreme again, though. It was kind of artificial. I honestly have not really been a fan of any of NutraBio's flavors. I am not really sure what it is, but I seem to think all of them are decent and do not really truly enjoy most of them. I normally used about 16 oz. of water.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed nicely for being such a big scoop. There was a little foaming initially, but it went away pretty quickly. I never noticed any clumping or an extreme amount of settling.

Dosing 9/10: Label states to mix one heaping scoop of PRE into 12-14 ounces of water and consume 20-30 minutes prior to resistance training. It should not be used more than five out of seven days, tolerance should be assessed for first time users, and water level could be adjusted to achieve your preferred flavor.

The energy that I got from PRE Extreme was almost the same as the energy I got from PRE. It was not an instant jolt of energy, but it was more subtle and crept up on me. The energy lasted for about two hours. I really liked the inclusion of the HBCD as I mentioned earlier. I believe that gives you a more natural energy and pairs well with the caffeine. I never noticed any type of crash from PRE Extreme. The energy was smooth throughout the workout. My strength consistently improved over the course of the container. I was either increasing in weight or reps. I believe the biggest improvement over the PRE is the amount of focus I got from PRE Extreme. Nothing in here that would really give you that DMAA type of focus, but put on my headphones and I was in the zone for a good two hours every time. With the extra stimulants in here, I never noticed any sides like I did with DVST8 White Cut.

I would still like to see more beta-alanine added in their pre-workouts. I am a fan of the >3 g mark for beta-alanine. I also felt that the pump in here was lacking just like the PRE version. I just do not understand why either, because it is dosed nicely. I respond well to both Citrulline Malate and Agmatine and the pumps just usually seem to not be there. Even on my high volume days.

I found this on Suppz.com for $42.99 not including shipping. This may be the priciest pre-workout I have seen, but I think it may be worth it. It is only about $5 more than their PRE and you are getting 15 g of HBCD per serving. I think that justifies the increase in price. However, I do understand that where most of the pres on the market go for about $1-1.50 per serving, this one is very expensive at over $2 per serving. It actually comes out to $2.15 a serving.

Side Effects

None for me, but be sure to assess your tolerance.

Conclusion

Although this was one of the priciest pre-workouts I have seen, I think it may be worth the price. PRE Extreme may also contain the most ingredients I have had in a pre-workout. That should justify the price, and this was an effective product. I say give this one a shot if your budget allows for it. Look for some deals on it in the future. Thanks again for letting me try this out.
    • Green apple: 6/10
    medinacirilo
    TROOPer Level: 42
      May 25, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
    When I tried Nutra Bio's other version "PRE" preworkout, it was quiet the impressive product if only missing a little in the stim department. So when this "PRE EXTREME" became available for review, I jumped at the chance to try it. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for giving us the opportunity to review their (extensive) list of products, and (once again) HUGE apologies on my part for taking so long to complete this review!

I'll be honest, when I compare the label of this one to the milder "PRE" version, I was a little disappointed. To make the jump to "EXTREME" I would expect stuff like DMAA or DMHA or AMP Citrate, well, you get the idea! There's none of that stuff added and no changes to the caffeine blend. Huh? The label looks identical to the other version, with just a few more ingredients added (none of which impressed me, on paper). So does it still deserve to be called "extreme"? Read on and find out.

PROFILE-9.3
    The label is pretty much identical to the original "PRE" preworkout, which is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from Nutra Bio! I covered it in my review of "PRE", but I'll touch on a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of L-Citrulline in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). There's Pharma-pure Creatine at 2g, Betaine at 2.5g. In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg.

Now, the changes from the other version are; Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (as ClusterDextrin) is added at 15 grams. This is Great stuff for Glycogen loading, aiding with muscle endurance and fatigue. Yohimbe HCL is added at 4 grams, and some people are on the fence about this stuff, but it does work (for me) pretty well with caffeine. Also new to the party is some Hordenine HCL at 50mg, and N-Methyl Tyramine (which converts to Synaphrine, this ones dosed at 50mg). Both of these are some good neuro-focus and energy additions, as well as improve fat burning properties. Like I said above; not the changes or additions I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, and, I'm beginning to think maybe I just don't really like Nutra Bio's whole flavor lineup. It wasn't bad by any means, just wasn't something I enjoyed drinking. There just didn't seem to be as much "flavor" as I'd like. And I'm probably the only person on this website who feels this way! Anyhow, that's just my opinion on the matter. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It did NOT mix as well as the PRE version, but the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine AND the now added ClusterDextrin are some tough ingredients to dissolve!

EFFECTIVENESS-8.5!
    OK OK Nutra Bio; I was wrong to second guess your changes to the formula!!!. It is a substantial improvement over the other version. This stuff was a solid performer, and it performed consistently every time. The Beta-Alanine tingles were not painful but always present. The energy took about 10 minutes to kick in, and would continue to rise throughout the workout. The caffeine blend works synergistically with the Yohimbe, and keeps you pushing that weight. It's still not "stimmed out of my brain" energy, but it is more than enough to get you motivated and doing some work. The pump was a solid, great feeling, that wasn't too painful but very noticeable. The biggest difference I felt compared to the other version was a HUGE improvement in muscular endurance! I felt like my muscles could work all day, and total-body "mental" fatigue would set in before my worked muscle group would. I still would like DMHA (or even DMAA) added to this, but I don't think that'll ever happen. And the reality is this stuff didn't need it. Kudos to Nutra Bio for improving on an already solid formula, and doing it without resorting to questionable ingredients!

SIDE EFFECTS-8
    Considering the big doses of ingredients, I didn't experience many side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing. Just shake the hell out of it before drinking, or you'll get some nasty clumps to choke down! In true form, they've manage to pack this full of quality ingredients yet cause ZERO stomach problems for me.

VALUE-5.8
    Online search shows this going for 42-43$, this is for only 20 servings. Well, i found one fault in this product. But I enjoyed this so much that I'm planning on ordering another tub soon! With Nutra Bio, you pay for the quality of the product, and quality it is

OVERALL-8.5
    This baby covered pretty much all the bases in a well-rounded preworkout. The energy, the pump, the endurance is all there. It's still not a Stim-Crazy formula, but it makes up for that (if that's what you want) with endurance. And honestly, I personally am finding that I don't need "crazy intense" energy to have a quality workout. This is a quality product that I could find no faults in
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • Mood Enhancer
    • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
    • Great Label
    • Easy To Scoop Container
    • Great Endurance
    Gdolce42
    TROOPer Level: 31
      May 23, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Hey all, this is my second review of the three Nutrabio Products I have received, and once again the company didn't disappoint. This PW is one of the better that I have received while being a TROOP at SR.com. There are many reasons I think this which I will outline in one way or another throughout the review. Once again the company provides a great full disclosure label with a lot of great ingredients that work for me.

Athletic Endurance and Performance Complex (8.5g)
    L-Citrulline (6g)- Even though citrullin turns into L-arginine in the body, L-citrulline supplementation is more effective at increasing L-arginine levels in the body than just normal L-arginine supplementation. This supplement helps reduce fatigue and improve endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic exercises. This means that it may be helpful for those looking to get energy during their cardio workouts as well as resistance training.
    Beta-Alanine (2.5g)- this is correctly labeled under the "endurance and performance" section for two reasons. Beta-alanine is responsible for improving your endurance and allows you to perform those extra reps you desire. Beta-alanine may also help reduce lactic acid buildup during exercise.

ATP Power,, Strength, and Recovery Process (9g)
    L-Leucine (3.5g) - an mTOR activator and can directly stimulate muscle protein synthesis. This AA has also been said to slow down muscle breakdown.
    Evidence suggests that this needs to be supplemented with other essential AA to work properly (who would have guessed that!!)

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5) - betaine performs methylation of the amino acid homocysteine to form methionine. Methionine is important in the body's
    synthesis of creatine. This may be one way that betaine boosts muscle strength and size by increasing creatine production in the body.
    Methionine also plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis. By having more methionine available for this process, protein synthesis is ramped
    up, and therefore so is the potential for muscle growth and strength gains **

Creatine Monohydrate (2g) - this creatine type is being used more and more by weight lifters because of it associated benefits of building lean muscle
    mass, increasing strength, and improving performance.

Creatine HCL (1g) - The main difference between the types of creatine is their aqueous solubility and cell permeability. According to different sites
    (bodybuilding.com and T-nation.com) creatine HCL has a aqueous solubility score of about 39 which means that it mixes and absorbs better and faster.
    It has many of the same benefits just apparently to a greater extent (at least that's what some evidence states): increased strength, increased fat loss,
    improved recovery and performance.

** - Derived from Bodybuilding.com

Taste was pretty good. I got the green apple flavor and it definitely was something I didn't have trouble drinking. It mixed well in my shaker cup with 10-14 oz of water. In one tub of the this PW you get 20 servings. The serving scoop is rather large of 27.2 g,, which was not really a problem for me.

8.5/10 - This product really worked for me. For anyone who has read some of my other reviews for PW they will know that I appreciate beta-alanine and not caffeine based products. I usually took this about 30-45 mins before I hit the gym to allow it to get the full effect. I usually start my workouts with a cardio warm up and then went into my routine. I can say I had GREAT workouts consistently when taking this product. I was able to lift longer completing my full routine every time. Most days I have enough energy to continue a cardio session after my workout, which has been as of lately. I was able to lift my normal heavy weight without breaking down (although I contribute that mostly to the Nutrabio recovery which I will also be reviewing soon). I finally had that focused energy throughout my body instead of just getting a head rush as many caffeine based products give me. Most intermediate-advanced lifters will know the difference between between a PW that makes you wanna just lift everything and ones that get you to the gym, but don't give you that punch. This PW gives that punch!

On bodybuilding.com, Nutrabio.com and amazon.com you can get a 20lb tub for $37.99 which is on the high/normal for PW.

Side Effects

Some possible diarrhea in the beginning, but goes away after tolerance increases.

Conclusion

Overall this is a good PW product for those looking to get to the gym after work or even before work to get you ready to lift. The only thing I will say is that you need to wait a little bit before the product takes its' full effect, but that is something most people can easily manage. This PW improved my endurance and intensity in the gym as well as made me excited to lift everyday instead of just feeling like I was there. Nothing is worse than getting to the gym and your body doesn't follow your mind. THIS WILL GET YOU PAST THAT. I would definitely buy this product again once I start work in July because I know I can trust this product after a long day. If anyone had other experiences with this product let me know I am curious if other people liked it as much as I did.

Live Happy, Live Healthy
    G.D.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
    • Full Disclosure Label
    • GI Issues
    Chuntz
    TROOPer Level: 34
      May 23, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Alas, another NutraBio review. This company has been killing it lately not only of here, but growing as a whole and branching out to multiple websites. I recently took their PRE Extreme preworkout in the raspberry lemonade flavor and once again, it did not disappoint. Thanks again to NB for the opportunity to review one of their products!

With NutraBio you already know you are getting a fully disclosed label, they're known for it at this point. There are a ton of ingredients in this and multiple in depth reviews on them already, so i am just going to touch on what I feel is important. First, I liked the fact that this came with 15g of carbs. I tend to consume more carbs the morning of a lift so I just liked that drinking this helped me consume some before the gym. My favorite aspect of Extreme was the Focus and Drive Stimulaiton Complex (1.9g). I'll dive into this more in the effectiveness section, and you'll see why. This is where you will get your 350mg of caffeine, a staple in most stimulate PWO's. You also get 4mg of Yohimbine here, so be mindful because some people cannot handle this, even though it is just 4mg. I was also I fan of the Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer, even though I drink 4-6L of water a day, this was an added bonus of taking PRE. This is also loaded with your B and C vitamins as well.

Taste: Exactly what you would expect for a raspberry lemonade flavor. It had a sweet taste to it but not overbearing. I actually enjoyed drinking it unlike many other products I have had in the past where I have to chug it and pray.

Mixability: Alright, so this area actually chocked me a little bit. The scoop in this tub is massive, bigger than any PWO scoop I've ever had in the past. When you dump it into your shaker, it doesn't even sink to the bottom, its just a huge clump of powder sitting atop your water. After stirring it around with spoon for a few seconds, it actually dissolves very nicely. Very little foaming on top. The only residue leftover in the shaker accumulated on the side of the cup. Throw another splash of water in there and you're good to go.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1 scoop per 12oz of water 20 minutes prior to lifting. so basically, I drank my PWO, drove to the gym, changed, and it would start to kick in during my warmup.

PRE Extreme delivered, as I expected it too. Some areas of this PWO stood out more than others, which I will get into. First off, my focus was through the roof. Complete tunnel vision. I actually stopped listening to music while taking this and still had the extreme focus. Secondly, my energy was through the roof. I was completing my workouts and still had a lot of gas left in the tank. I would wind up doing multiple supersets to try and burn off this effect after completing my initial workout, but even after that I was still good to go. I never became tired while taking this, I could go in the gym for hours, it was scary. What I did not experience while taking PRE Extreme were face tingles, or any tingles. Some people look for that in a PWO, I don't mind whether it is there or not, but you will not find it within this product. I also did not experience any increased vascularity or pumps.

This is where this product takes a little dive for me. It contains 20 servings per tub for $43, which equates to $2.15 per serving. That's a little hefty for my taste. Granted, it does work and you know exactly what you're getting in each scoop of PRE Extreme.

Side Effects

Not a huge side effect, but worth mentioning. After completing my workout, on my 3 minutes drive home I would begin to get cold sweats/chills and goosebumps. It's summer weather out, hot. I accredit this to the 4mg of Yohimbine. I've had products containing Yohimbine in it for years and it never bothered me. These chills lasted for 20 minutes tops, then they went away and I was fine. Like I said, nothing crazy, but just wanted to note this for those who may be sensitive to Yohimbine.

Conclusion

I enjoyed taking PRE and love NB, but for 20 servings at $43, I can't justify picking this up regularly. The effects were awesome, but after awhile of taking this, I feel like I would never be able to leave the gym, that's how good it works. If it was more affordable (it may be for others), I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up again.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Kept Me Up Some Nights
    • Raspberry Lemonade: 7/10
    mhseaver670
    TROOPer Level: 82

May 17, 2017

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

First off let me say thank you to Nutrabio for being such a big part of this site and letting so many of us here try some of their amazing products. One thing that stands out to me is when they send out products they always send a packet full of useful information of the products . I find this not only very professional, but also nice to see a little more info than what might be seen on the Website.

Packed with everything you could want in a preworkout. First one is 15 grams of HBCD, which I have just recently learned how important added benefits they provide. Now with just one massive scoop of 40.74 grams you also get a performance complex, a strength, power and recovery complex.
    One complex I really like in supplement is electrolyte's, and hydration. You can never be hydrated enough I think.
    For energy Nutrabio gives you a focus and drive complex that consists of 350 mg of caffeine anhydrous and TheaPure at 300mg , Yohimbe HCI at 4mg and Huperzine A at 100mcg along with a few other goodies just for energy and focus.
    There is also a Nitric Oxide matrix that has Agamatine Sulfate and Nitrosigine also.
    All together you have 21 research backed Ingredients. All this with NO FILLERS AND NO ADDITIVES! AND NO DYES! And as always fully disclosed label.

I had Raspberry lemonade and I loved this. Very good. Perfect all the way around. Mixed just like all the other Nutrabio products have without an issue.

Endurance was outstanding! But first let me say this also provides some pretty good pumps that seem to hit rather fast when compared to other recent Preworkout's I have used. The pumps are not deep, but rather just what I call surface pumps, but still they come on really quick, For example when warming up on bench just by doing my normal bar reps for like 50 reps and then 135 for 15 for speed, I would have a pump that would stay the rest of the workout. That normally would not happen with other Preworkout's.
    Now for the energy, quite different also. As other's mentioned this is not a Knock your socks off kind of Product, but more like the little engine that could. You just keep on grinding with this stuff. Seriously this stuff is great for quick recovery between sets and for long endurance needed workouts. Now I did do some cardio with this at the end of my weightlifting routines and this would keep me going even when I really did not want to do it.
    I also was going for some high volume workouts and this was just what the doctor ordered for that.
    I want to note that this did not give me the type of aggression that I like to have at times, but It did seem to keep me with enough focus and energy to get some great workouts in.

It's not cheap. But you get what you pay for and Nutrabio has really went all in to make this a true contender for those looking to have a top tier Pre.
    At 40+ bucks for 20 servings it is going to make you double check your order before clicking the confirm button. But You have to look at the label and understand what you are getting and by the company that is truly trusted in my opinion.

Side Effects

Some stomach issues a few times but not sure if it was something else or my diet that was causing some of it either.
    I will also say that this did seem to keep me up at night on few occasions also.

Conclusion

Nutrabio is one of my top picks for most things supplement wise, and this is a bit higher than what I would typically want to go for but I did have some awesome workout sessions with this and the ingredients is off-the-chain too.
    Thank you Nutrabio for taking part in SR.com
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Formula
    • Mood Enhancer
    • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
    • Kept Me Up Some Nights