POST Recovery has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

POST Recovery Reviews

By: NutraBio

Amino Acids > Recovery
POST Recovery is a Recovery Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

POST Recovery has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

April 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Kept Hydrated
  • Good Profile
  • Bit Pricey
  • Did Not Mix Too Well

I will start by saying I really like NutraBio. I have used a few of their products in the past with great results. I was excited to claim a container of POST Recovery to try and help reduce soreness. The profile looked awesome and I was not previously disappointed in their products. I ran this for my final five weeks or so of phase one of GVT.

As you can see on the left side of the page, the profile looks great. It is not your typical all-in-one post workout recovery product because they do not include any protein or carbs. They went in a different route with just loading it up with aminos, electrolytes, and other micronutrients. BCAAs are in here at a 2:1:1 ratio for a total of 8 g per scoop. They are of the fermented plant source as opposed to animal sourced. 5 g of Kyowa glutamine, two types of creatine, L-carnitine, betaine, OKG, beta-alanine, and glycine. All together, there is about 20 g of the different aminos. There are just under 2 g of electrolytes and 5 mg of BioPerine to enhance absorption. As always with NutraBio, their ingredients are fully disclosed down to the flavorings used.

Taste 6/10: I received the orange mango flavor and I thought it was decent. It was a little on the sweet side for me, even at 16 oz. of water. I felt like it tasted like a watered down orange juice; I did not really detect any mango flavor to it. I purchased the orange mango flavor IntraBlast recently and I like that product's orange mango flavor more than this one. I am not really sure what the difference would be.

Mixability 5/10: Out of four total products I have used so far from NutraBio, this was by far the worst in terms of mixability. It foamed up a lot and left a lot of sediment at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Dosing ?/10: As I am currently writing my review, I find myself a bit confused in their dosing protocol. The suggested use on the back of the container says to consume 30-45 minutes after training which is the dosing procedure I followed. I then immediately followed it up with a protein shake. However, the NutraBio rep in his original note stated that this is intended to be used a couple hours after a protein shake to maximize growth and recovery. I must have missed that when reading it over and never consumed it in that way. I am not sure if it would really make too much of a difference either way, but if NB really wants POST to be consumed two hours after a protein is consumed, they need to change it on their container.

This one was kind of a bust for me. I do not think my recovery was improved in any way, which is the biggest reason why I wanted to try POST Recovery. I was still sore the typical two-three days after training. I was not expecting to not become sore at all or anything unreasonable like that, but I maybe was expecting a day less recovery time or so after training. Hopefully those expectations were not too far-fetched with this profile. I have been off of this for about a week, and do not think my recovery was affected in any way.

My strength and growth were slightly improved while taking this, but I do not know how much exactly this affected strength and growth gains. I have been using a tried-and-true program for building both strength and size and I would probably attribute the strength and growth gains more to the program rather than the supplement.

I did however notice much improved hydration while taking this. I have found the ingredients that NB uses for electrolyte replenishment and re-hydration to be top notch and have not disappointed me to this point in that regard.

About $40 plus any shipping for 30 servings is what you will find yourself paying for this product. That equates to $1.33 per serving which is not awful for the profile and quality ingredients NB uses, but I did not respond well to this one and thus affects my value rating.

Side Effects

I did not notice any side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

Sorry NutraBio, but I am unsure if I could personally recommend this one to others due to my limited results while using it and the value of it. I really do not know why I did not notice any improved recovery while taking this, especially with the profile you have supplied. For $1.33 a serving, I would say stick with IntraBlast if you responded well to it, which is more toward that $1 per serving mark.
  • Orange Mango: 6/10

April 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Reduced Post Workout Fatigue
  • Kept Hydrated
  • Bit Pricey

Been dialing my calories back a bit and in turn my muscles have really been feeling it. Especially after leg days the DOMS were pretty rough, following my last intra product I wanted to try something that had a little more proven name behind it and behold a Nutrabio product pops up. If you look at the overall brands they are always near the top and very generous I don't think I've seen them post a product yet that went unclaimed fully.

Fully disclosed label as always with Nutrabio, just one of the many reasons they continue to be at the top. You have a little bit of everything in this product. BCAAs(8grams) and other aminos(glutamine 5grams,Carnitine 1.5grams) to help recovery and repair tissue. Creatine HCL, Betaine, and Beta Alanine to boost muscle growth and performance. An electrolyte and hydration blend and BioPerine to help all the above absorb more efficiently.

Orange Mango tasted like Orange Mango should there was an orange juice taste with a slight mango twist at the end. This stuff is pretty sweet so if that is an issue for you I would recommend using a little more water than suggested as I did. There was a pretty good bit of foaming when in a shaker cup but that went away within a reasonable amount of time. Other than that there were no mixing issues or grit leftover after. I took this about 25-30 minutes after my workout as directed, with a small preworkout meal.

As I have stated in previous reviews I love love my Amino and recovery supplements both from a performance stand point and from helping break the monotony of plain water all the time. 1st off recovery was great and I do mean great, most body parts had zero soreness or noticeable fatigue the next day. The only body part I noticed any kind of DOMS from was my legs, and those were usually gone by the 2nd day after a workout unlike the usual 3rd or 4th day. Not only was I not as sore, but I felt very healthy and energized which i'm going to attribute to the electrolyte complex keeping my body adequately hydrated. I cant say I noticed any kind of noticeable muscle or strength gains from this, but I was able to workout more frequently and more intensely without having to worry about the crippling DOMS the following days.

You can find this for 39.99 for 30 servings, which is on the higher side of Intra/Post workout supplements. But at the same time you would be looking forever to find another supplement that has as much packed into it with the quality ingredients that Nutrabio uses, and at the same time fully disclosing those ingredients. I have no problem paying an extra $10 for proven quality.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Had a very positive run with this product and would recommend it to anyone that wants a quality recovery supplement. The flavor was good even though i'm not a big mango guy, but I would like to see some more options on that aspect. Overall I cant find any cons to this other than the slight high price but you get what you pay for so if you can fit it in your budget give it a shot.
  • Orange Mango: 8/10

March 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Trust No Farts

A big thanks to NutraBio for the chance to run a bunch of products here at SR. I'm pretty open to new things to try, especially when it comes to bettering my gains. I haven't tried any post-workout products before and figured NutraBio would start me off right! Here's my take on NutraBio's Post Recovery.

As to be expected with NutraBio, the profile is chock-full of ingredients and is fully disclosed. Post Recovery includes BCAA's (8g at 2:1), a recovery blend (5g L-Glutamine and more), strength/growth blend (1.6g beta-alanine, 1.5 betaine and more) along with some creatine, electrolytes and a plethora of other goodies. Also added, BioPerine is on the profile said to help nutrient absorption. As far as I've seen, this company always delivers rock-solid profiles.

Mixability is fine; was a bit frothy after mixing, but dissipates after a little while. There is a bit of grit left at the bottom, but nothing crazy. Orange mango tasted great! Like the orange mango I tried with NutraBio's Super Carb, it was tart and on the sweet side. I will say that there was a pepperiness to it, likely from the BioPerine. Regardless, it was masked well and was pleasant to drink. I took this about 45 minutes after a workout, as directed. No complaints here

As the category entails, this post workout was designed to reduce recovery time and maximize workout gains. Initial thoughts were this was a beefed up BCAA that isn't taken intra-workout. Right off the bat I will say I did not gain muscle weight or strength from this product (not that I'd attribute to the product that is). The recovery time with this was however a different case.
My training split is generally a push pull program, filling out 6 days a week, sometimes only five if I can't recoup in time to follow schedule. Aside from training legs, push and pull muscle groups consistently recovered greatly after 24 hours of time off! Albeit I wasn't hitting something like chest every other day, I feel I could have recovered in time to be able to do so with near the same strength and stamina as the training day before.
After training legs, they were also shockingly fresh after 48 hours. Typically, the second day after legs would leave me buckling at the sight of a flight of stairs. Not the case while taking Post Recovery! It certainly helped me get through weeks of high frequency training.
I also want to add that it kept my pumps going outside of the gym for about an hour; not sure how it helps anything, but it was satisfying for sure!

I'm seeing $40 for a tub of 30 servings at Amazon and NutraBio's site. For about $1.33 per serving, it's not a bad deal. Again, the profile is ridiculously full of good stuff, and dosed pretty well at that. I also didn't use this product on rest days to keep it around longer.. haha

Side Effects

Shortly after taking, I noticed a bit of gas followed by an experience that was much like when I was using creatine. If I just held all the gas in until the urges to "rip one" subsided, all was well. For those who have had issues with products like creatine, heed this warning: trust no farts.

Conclusion

Post Recovery is a great product that kept my DOMS and general muscle soreness under control, allowing me to train all week long! I'll have to try some other post workout products to really see how NutraBio's stacks up against the others. However, this company doesn't seem to disappoint. Good value, great recovery! Would recommend

Thanks again to SR TROOPS program and NutraBio
  • Orange Mango: 7/10

March 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Reduced Post Workout Fatigue
  • Bit Pricey

To begin, a special thanks to Nutrabio for continued support and providing SR with their line of products for the ER/TROOPS program. I'm no stranger to Nutrabio as I've used and reviewed quite a few of their products up to this point. Today, I review their recovery formula Post Recovery. No doubt, a hard workout can leave us drained, with our bodies starving for vital nutrients in order to kick start the anabolic recovery window. We all have our personal preferences as to what we prefer to consume after a workout to provide us the most vital recovery boost. Of course, supp companies wish to capitalize on this area of supplementation, so lets see how Nutrabio does in this category.

As with all of their products, Nutrabio's Post Recovery comes complete with an extensively, fully disclosed profile detailing all ingredients and dosages. No prop blends is always a plus, provided the dosages are on par.

Post recovery comes complete with a full spectrum of plenty of ingredients to help jump-start recovery efficiently. These ingredients include BCAAs, EAAs, creatine, and electrolytes. There is also some included BioPerine for absorption enhancement. All of these ingredients are included in sufficient dosages.

Refer to the in-set image for a full view of the ingredients profile.

I chose to review the orange mango flavor. I found it tangy, mildly sweet, and refreshing without any unpleasant aftertastes or stomach issues. The mixability was fine and dissolved thoroughly in water or a sports drink.

Nutrabio recommends that Post Recovery be taken some time after a protein shake following your workout. I followed this recommendation and consumed one scoop of Post Recovery about 20 minutes after a protein shake at the completion of my training sessions.

I've tried a handful of some of the original popular post workout formulas such as aftershock, afterglow, and dark matter. All of which had their pros and cons. Primarily, when I use a post workout/recovery formula, I judge the improvement in my recovery based on reduced DOMS and fatigue both after my workout and the following day.

While using Post Recovery, I noticed that I was indeed recovering more effectively. My fatigue and soreness after my workouts were less and I felt much less sore and bogged in the mornings after. I was more primed to attack the weights in my upcoming training sessions on the following days with more focus on upcoming challenges such as lifting heavier on certain lifts or gaining better times during HIIT cardio sessions. The reduced soreness was much welcomed on consecutive days where I would have to hit certain muscle groups repeatedly such as back to back leg days, which usually proves hellish for me considering the fallen arches in my feet and length of my legs in general.

In summary, Post Recovery did a superior job in improving the quality of overall recovery.

The retail value of Post Recovery is 39.99, which equates to about 1.34 a serving. Each tub comes with 30 servings, so you receive a full month's supply. Considering that most other recovery formulas run for about the same price at either the same or even less servings, I'd say that this is a very good value especially taking into account the quality and efficacy of the product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product in all aspects. It helped my recovery and allowed me to be better prepared for my following training sessions with more integrity thanks to the reduced soreness and general post workout fatigue. I'd recommend this as my go to recovery formula for anyone who feels like they need some assistance in the post-workout supplementation areas.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!