Muscle Matrix MRP Men Reviews

By: NutraBio

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Meal Replacements
Muscle Matrix MRP Men is a Meal Replacement manufactured by NutraBio. It is a protein based supplement meant to provide additional fats and carbohydrates with the purpose of providing a quick and conveinient meal. It can promote lean muscle mass gain and aid in fat loss. It is not to be used as a sole source of nutrition.

May 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Some Gas Issues

I haven't used a Meal Replacement PRotein in quite some time, but here lately I have been finding it harder and harder to eat in the mornings. I decided to grab this because I figured something chocolatety would go down better.

Im like the 10th review on this product so I feel that the ingredient profile has been covered and detailed more than enough. What you have is what you would expect from Nutrabio, a clean profile where everything in listed and no extra un-needed fillers. Each serving gives you 25g of protein WPI/MiCasein, 25g carbs HBCD/Fiber, and 5g fat rom MCTs

I received the chocolate flavor and I enjoyed it. It was pretty rich in taste and mixed kind of thick even in plain water. Never had any issues with clumping or sticking to the bottom of the shaker. I dosed this at 2 scoops immediately upon waking.

As mentioned in the intro I grabbed this as something to replace my usual breakfast that was starting to get old. Before getting this sometimes I would skip over breakfast all together and snack around mid morning, which from my past experience isn't good when you're trying to put on size. This product really broke that monotony, I was able to mix it up 1st thing and drink it down smooth and without issues. It kept me full through the mid morning and usually when I snacked mid morning it was because I wanted to eat on a schedule more so than me actually being hungry. I didn't notice much of any other benefits, but as a meal replacement I didn't expect any. It helped me get in my macros or at least some macros early in the AM without feeling pukey or without a ton of prep. I did experience one unpleasant side, but ill go over that in a sec.

I guess this is a case of you get what you pay for, $40-45 for 18 servings is steep for that amount of servings, but if you use an extra scoop to hit macros being a little bigger than the average person or you use this more than once a day it would get extremely pricey. I don't like fixing and eating normal breakfast, but $40 buys a lot of eggs, girts, sausage etc. I may use this a few times a year to break up the same ole boring routine, but I wont be stocking up on it anytime soon.

Side Effects

I read through everybody elses review to see if I was the only one and I guess I am, but this product gave me some awful gas, I did start using a Mass Gainer halfway through this but they were around even before then (they got much much worse after the gainer was added. review for that coming soon) There was no bloating and no unusual bathroom episodes, but everyday throughout the day I would have some pretty bad gas.

Conclusion

If you want something that's quick, convenient, and has quality, well dosed ingredients then this is your thing. Makes it easy to drink down a shake and get more than just your usual protein with junk carbs. Thanks to Nutrabio for sending this out to the TROOPS like always, they included some nice samples and a little swagger in the package, much appreciated.
  • Chocolate Milkshake: 8/10

May 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Mini Multivitamin
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

What's up SR another review here. A little background although it probably sounds extremely repetitive by now. I train primarily for strength in the big three for powerlifting. I also work at a very physically demanding and dangerous job as a steelworker. Always a big thanks to Nutrabio and the TROOP program for giving me this opportunity to try this product. I am constantly on the go and sometimes I am unable to get a proper meal in.

The ingredient profile to me is pretty spot on. 40:40:20 ratio of protein, carbs, and fats. This is a pretty standard approach to anyone's diet. I really enjoy where they decided to get the protein carbs and fats as well. Mct powder, whey isolate, HBCD, and caesin? Whey isolate is a perfect fast acting protein while adding their slow absorbing caesin the protein portion is really well thought out. Mct powder is something I supplement with to get my fats in which also aids in prolonged ketogensis but with the carbs I am unsure if it does that. So complete with no prop blends quality ingredients. By now I expect nothing less from Nutrabio. GMP certified, quality ingredients, nothing much anyone can complain about. They also included over five grams of BCAA's which was awesome. On top of that they seemed to include enough multivitamins and minerals to rival a store bought multi.

I got the strawberry smoothie flavor. To be honest it wasn't my favorite flavor but it wasn't horrible. I would drink these pre, post, and in between meals. Not all in the same day of course but I would be drinking these sporatically. The mixability wasn't much of an issue at all. The suggested dosing was two-three scoops. I would only use three scoops post workout.

The effectiveness of this product was great. When I was running out of the door to work I would use this to sustain me until my break. When I wanted a little boost I would drink this preworkout. When I had an incredible workout I would drink this post. I wouldn't get bloated, cramps, or any feeling of discomfort. I didn't have a stuffed feeling but I did have a full feeling. Meaning that I was able to drink this and go about whatever physical activity I was doing without a slowdown in pace because this was taking all my energy to digest. I would feel a clean full boost whenever I took this pre workout and I felt that it prolonged my usual muscle fatigue. When I drank this post workout I felt that it was an all around perfect formula. Why? The High Branched Chained Dextrin was great for an instant insulin spike. The quick acting whey isolate went straight to my broken muscle fibers. The caesin seemed to last for awhile. Overall this was a great experience from a meal replacement.

At $41.99 for less than 20 servings its extremely pricey. I understand that the ingredient profile is one of the most complete I have ever seen. I understand that. I get it. However if I am already(which I am) buying their 5 lb protein per month and this to add to the cart when it won't even last the entire month I am unsure if I can justify it. I understand they included HBCD and all that stuff but I don't see it as a staple. If there was a price drop or more servings per tub I could see me purchasing it in the future.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

My conclusion is this. Nutrabio you have done it yet again with a great product. The flavor, servings, and price could be adjusted to better fit your consumers though. Like I stated earlier if there is more servings or a drop in price I will be all over it. POPS OUT!
  • Strawberry Smoothie: 6/10

May 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

I may be out of the loop on meal replacements the past few years. But this profile really does look like the nuts and bolts of a nice peri-workout stack. The label mentions 25g of protein, which is made up of the bioavailable amount of protein from whey protein isolate and micellar casein. Most of the carbs comes from highly branched cyclic dextrin. The remainder of the carbs comes from the Fiber Matrix (Fibersol2 and xanthan gum) and normal carb content from processing the protein... the latter being a guess. There is also 9g of beneficial medium chain triglycerides. I'm not sure on how much fat that would add up to but the label claims that there is only 5g of total fat. These numbers are for a 2 scoop shake.

As typical with most meal replacements, there's vitamin and mineral content. The doses add up to half of your run-of-the-mill multivitamin supplement.

I have to admit that I was left wanting a little more from the taste. The Banana Cream flavor starts off great but just disappears. If it could maintain itself as I keep drinking, it would be an easy 9/10. But since it flames out quickly, it drops to a 7.

When mixing with cold water, it takes a little more work to mix. If you're using a clear shaker, you'll notice little bits that don't quite mix in. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme, but we all want to get every last bit of that product you spend your hard earned dollar on.

On another end of the label, along with suggested use, it gives a scale of macros based on 1 to 3 scoops. Ideally most of us would utilize 2 scoops at a time.

It should've been no surprise, but this is extremely light on the stomach. The only thing that I could feel in my gut was maybe the casein and the fiber. Most of my assessment was done with this as my AM pre-workout fuel. I was definitely fueled to handle my gym work. Not having my GI tract do any noticeable work to digest and absorb made this MRP truly ideal for any time you need the macros.

This is the hard part to swallow among NutraBio products. Are they certainly worth the price? Absolutely. Can you afford it? Eh. Paying into the low 40s for 18 servings causes you to think hard about rationing this one. For me, I would be just shy of a full month if I used this as my morning pre-workout fuel. Doing the math, $2 and change per serving is definitely worth it for this level of quality. My best recommendation is to treat this like a food expense.

Side Effects

Cleans you out a little bit from the fiber and triglycerides. Be sure to have a little more water other than the shake.

Conclusion

It's been a blessing being able to review NutraBio's products. They go out of their way to be one of those brands to keep everything above board. I can't even think of excuses, nor the desire to, to question their labels at this point. Even with that, their products are ever-changing. What we're using this month may have a different label by the end of the summer. Ok I'm done gushing.

Muscle Matrix MRP is another truly solid product from NutraBio. There's nothing trashy, filler, or hidden about it. Sometimes the quest to make it with high quality, pure product will have an effect on the flavor. I'm prepared to deal with that. In terms of value, you really do get what you pay for... even if what you pay for can get to be considerable. If you do have the scratch, plan accordingly.
  • Banana Cream: 7/10

May 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

Im not usually a fan of meal replacements, because in my experience they are usually a little protein and then a whole lot of other unnecessary junk just to fill you up. So when I saw Nutrabio had put one out I decided to at least give it a try.

In a 2 scoop serving size you have 235 calories, with 25grams of protein divided between whey isolate and micellar casein, 25grams of carbs from HBCD and a fiber matrix, and 5 grams of fat from MCT powders. It might could be made better as far as ratio of protein/fat/carbs but for my goals I was more than happy with the profile.

I received Creamy Vanilla and I have to say unlike other Nutrabio Proteins I have tried this flavor was very full and great tasting. When mixed with water it had a nice, smooth, creamy taste, not artificial tasting at all. Consistency was slightly thick even with water but not too thick at all. It mixed without any issues and I would use this as it was intended as a meal replacement throughout the day.

I would use this at different times of the day when I needed to eat a meal but didn't have anything close, or didn't feel like cooking. This would keep me feeling full for a few hours, unlike some other MRP's I dint feel bloated or sick at all. My stomach felt like I had just eaten a small meal that was balanced, not some sugar packed cheap protein shake like I've had before. Recovery was pretty much on equal with other quality protein supplements, nothing good or bad to note there.

You can find this on Nutrabios's site right now for $41.99 for an 18 serving tub if your under 180lbs, if you use 3 scoops as advised for above 180lbs then it goes down to 12 servings. That is a little steep for me even with the convenience of this product. If you can afford it then the product is great, but personally I couldn't afford to make this a staple.

Side Effects

none.

Conclusion

From a performance standpoint Nutrabio did a great job here and I thoroughly enjoyed this product, unfortunately I think they may have priced me out of using this very often. If I needed a meal replacement then this would be my 1st and only choice, but at the price you can find it now I will jut suck it up and meal prep and use regular protein powder for extra macro needs. Thanks once again to Nutrabio for sending this out.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 9/10

May 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Mini Multivitamin
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

I'd like to thank NutraBio for letting me try Muscle Matrix. Also, I apologize for taking so long on this review.

What is there not to like about this profile? The main selling points for me are 1g sugar and 25g of both quality protein and carbohydrate. Furthermore the carbohydrate and protein content has multiple quality sources that prolong digestion. Additionally, each serving has 50% RDA for a range of vitamin and minerals which is a nice plus considering you aren't buying a meal replacement for the micronutrient content alone. All of this comes with 5g of fat (4g saturated though) and 235 calories which makes it feel like a snack rather than a meal. So far I'd give the profile a 9/10 but I'm rating it a 10/10 for excelling in the minutia. Sodium is only 112mg, Cholesterol is a measly 10mg, and the label is fully disclosed down to the flavoring. Honestly, this a 10 profile. That isn't to say that this is the only 10/10 MRP profile but is definitely in that rare group.

I received the chocolate milkshake flavor and it was delicious. For a 50% whey and 50% casein product I was surprised it tasted so well. I can't speak for the other flavors but I imagine they would be on point as well. Coupled with the great taste was superb mixability. This might sound like a fluff piece but I'm seriously impressed. During my use of this product I had broken my go to shaker cup and then a cheaper quality free one from APS and had to resort to an old MuscleTech shaker with no strainer or whisk. With just sheer force and 12-20 oz of water, Muscle Matrix mixed completely with little to no grit every time. Most of the time I used about 14-16oz with 2 scoops but even when I used 3 or 1 scoops with more or less water respectively Muscle Matrix mixed well and tasted great.

Effectiveness of proteins and MRPs are always a bit challenging to review and assess. That being said, I'm rating effectiveness on how effective Muscle Matrix at replacing meals, which I determined by 1) how desirable Muscle Matrix was 2) ability to keep the shake down and 3) similarity to the meal being replaced (macro/calorie wise). Considering how tasty I found the chocolate milkshake flavor, it should be no surprise that I was always looking forward to my next shake. Thankfully, I always able to keep Muscle Matrix down so I can't say how it might taste coming back up lol. Ironically, the only reason I'm not rating this a 10/10 for effectiveness is because of the lower calorie content which was one of the main selling points for me. Most of the time I used Muscle Matrix to replace breakfast and I'm not a huge breakfast person during the week when I'm busy. I stayed pretty full with only 235 calories but I'm trying to put on size at the moment so I could use a bit more for breakfast. Granted, I could get more with more scoops but that is just not cost effective and I tend to use supplements I get through TROOPS the same way I use the the ones I pay for. If I was trying to cut some weight, however, I would have rated this a 10/10 because it definitely helped me go through the day with less calories.

Muscle Matrix really takes a hit on value. It runs $42 for 18 two scoop servings and with $6 shipping it is $48 in total. That sounds a bit steep until you think of it in terms of $ per meal at $2.3-$2.6 per "meal," but to be fair the average meal has more calories. Additionally, you are paying for the mobility/convenience of using a MRP. I don't really know what to compare Muscle Matrix to because I know a lot of MRP type products use cheap ingredients, fillers, or amino spike. The best comparison I could think of was to MTS Macrolution which my brother has used and absolutely loves. While a product like Macrolution offers a little less protein and calories, it has a similar overall supplement profile, within a few grams or milligrams on the important ingredients. Macrolution however, has 30 servings for $37 plus shipping. I understand Muscle Matrix offers a bit more and 20g more of product and that you have to pay for quality ingredients and everything, but for people with tight budgets like myself, a college student, sometimes the prices/#servings matter most at the end of the day. Still, because I understand and agree to some extent with the pricing I find myself rating this a 7 since I am stuck right in between "I would only buy this if I had extra money to burn" and "I don't mind paying this much for what you get."

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects. Muscle Matrix sat very light in my stomach and I never felt bloated or anything of the sort like one might after some MRP type products.

Conclusion

I come to a 9/10 conclusion by averaging the 4 categories (value, effectiveness, ingredient profile, taste/mixability/dosing) I find most important for an MRP type product. Side effects being non-existent doesn't really bump up my overall rating too much. Similarly, I don't deduct extra for a lower value score because I was so impressed everywhere else that I actually felt each category had about equal weight in determining my feelings towards Muscle Matrix. However, my main qualm is the value. It would be great to see this is a larger container. Sure, the initial cost would be more but the price per serving would be reduced. In the end though, I understand that a $42 price point is likely the goldilocks zone in terms of what most people want to fork out at any one time. That being said, I don't really have many complaints and can only find praise for Muscle Matrix. NutraBio really knocked this one out of the park.

May 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Mini Multivitamin
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

Introduction/Ingredient Profile

I normally do not take meal replacement powders/drinks/bars, but this profile looked too good to pass up. In each SCOOP (serving size is two scoops), you get around 120 calories, 12.5 g protein, 12.5 g carbs, 2.5 g fat, and 2.5 g of fiber. The protein is made up of 50% whey protein isolate and 50% micellar casein. The protein blend contains high-quality sources of proteins that absorb at different rates of time. For carbohydrates, you got highly branched cyclic dextrin which I have had liked in the past with their Super Carb. HBCD is low glycemic meaning it will not spike your blood sugar as much as some other carbohydrates. There is also some fiber included in here in the form of Fibersol. Fibersol is a soluble fiber that can help you feel satiated and improve regularity. MCT powder sourced from coconut oil makes up the fat macros of the profile. MCT powder is used by the body for energy. Rounding out the profile is a mini multivitamin that should help you meet your micronutrient daily requirements. I really like the profile; everything is of high-quality and fully disclosed as always with NutraBio.

Dosing/Taste/Mixability

Dosing 10/10: NutraBio suggests using 1-3 scoops of MRP depending on if you want a snack (one scoop) or a meal (two scoops for under 180 pounds/three scoops if over 180 pounds). They also recommend making this into a smoothie by adding some ice cubes in a blender (I never tried that because I hate cleaning the blender) or by slowly adding water into the MRP until you achieve a pudding consistency and then put into the fridge/freezer until chilled. I think I added probably a fourth of a cup for one scoop whenever I made the pudding. As with any protein though, you can take this really however or whenever you want.

Taste 8/10: I asked for and received the chocolate milkshake flavor. I tried this many different ways and was really satisfied with just about all of them. My first time trying this I mixed this with 16 oz. of water and thought it was really light tasting which is a characteristic of most of their proteins I have tried. I would rate the MRP as a 6/10 at this protocol. I am sure with milk it would have a little stronger of a taste. I would not recommend dosing this particular protein this way. However, throughout the course of the tub I tried their recommendation to try this as a pudding and was really glad I did. As a pudding, the taste really resembled a chocolate pudding and matched a pudding's consistency as well. By itself I would rate the flavor as a 9/10. Once I forgot this in the freezer and then realized it made a little ice cream. It did not have the same consistency as regular ice cream, but the consistency was more along the lines of a coconut ice cream if you have ever had it. I did have to defrost it for maybe ten minutes this way because it was frozen solid and hard to eat, but after defrosting, it was a guilt free ice cream snack. When I added mix-ins to the pudding, it made it even better. A few times I mixed the made pudding into a cup of full-fat, plain Fa ge Greek yogurt and that was by far my favorite way to have this. Then it resembled a Snack Pack three layer pudding, which I am sure many of yous are familiar with. I also added a couple tablespoons of PB Fit to the pudding occasionally and would make it a little thicker, but peanut butter and chocolate is probably one of my favorite combinations.

Mixability 8/10: I only added a scoop into 16 oz. of water once my very first serving over a month ago, and it mixed fine from what I remember. Most casein proteins clump up a lot and when you add in fiber sources and MCT oil, you would think that it would be extremely tough to mix up, but I did not have an issue with it. When I mixed this as a pudding, it would stick to the sides of a cup just like how any other pudding/yogurt would stick to the sides of a cup or bowl, so I guess that is expected to see.

I used this mostly as a snack on the weekends to hold me over so I would not splurge on higher calorie foods if I had nothing to do that day. I would split the serving up into two separate scoops on Saturdays and Sundays to give me an easy, quick snack. I would normally do one around midday and one in the evening. Each time I consumed it, I would feel full for about an hour and a half or so after consuming it. Eating it at one scoop as a pudding did not yield that much product, but for the amount I was able to get out of it I was surprised how well it kept me satiated. During the week, I would have a scoop occasionally if I needed a low calorie snack. I never had any issues with digestion and although I did not see much improvements with recovery, I was not really expecting to have any.

$41.99 + $6 shipping is what they are asking for on NutraBio's website and seems to be the same price on Amazon. This is for 36 one scoop servings/18 two scoop servings/12 three scoop servings. Since I only dosed this at one scoop per serving, the value is alright here for what you are getting and is how I based my rating. As with anything else, the more you take per serving, the more the value decreases. Most meal replacements generally do cost a lot and for the quality of NutraBio's I think you have to look past the price on this one if you are looking for a meal replacement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This really would not be something I ran year round, but I do like it as a snack idea while cutting. I normally do not have a sweet tooth, but this was great to grab whenever I wanted a sweet snack or just anything to fight off hunger for a couple hours. Many other companies throw a bunch of low-quality ingredients into their meal replacement profiles and charge a high amount for them because it looks like you are getting a lot for what you pay for, but you will not see that here with NB's Muscle Matrix MRP. I would definitely recommend this meal replacement and I am interested in trying the other flavors in the future. Thank you NutraBio for the continued chance to try your products and the hat that came with the package.
  • Chocolate Milkshake: 8/10

May 12, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

I am slowly checking off the list of Nutrabio products to try and I admit that I am usually not one for meal replacement proteins, just not really a thing for me because of the lack of servings and usually the lackluster profiles that go along with them. This one is a bit different in terms of the quality of ingredients they use as opposed to other "meal replacements". That and it being from Nutrabio and I figured I would give it a shot.

This profile like all their others is fully disclosed. Gotta love that. I will go through the highlights that make this a good profile and where I would love to see more. The profile is based off of a 2 scoop 18 serving tub. Each serving gets you a myriad of vitamins and minerals as well as 25g of protein split between WPI 90% and Micellar Casein. It also gets you 16.5g of Highly Branched Cyclo-Dextrin, 9g MCT powder, and 4g of fiber. All in all a decent profile. As far as ingredients go an excellent profile HBCD is in my opinion one of the best carb sources. It doesn't spike blood sugar and is utilized by the body efficiently. MCT as the fat source is also excellent. None of the other crap. MCT's can actually burn fat, it won't make you put it on. Fiber was a nice additive, and I can't argue with the protein sources, a nice blend. However, as a meal replacement I would really add an extra scoop to get more in the range of 35-40 grams of protein. This is really my only beef with the profile overall, I would really like to see more protein per serving, even if only 10-15 grams more.

I had the creamy Vanilla and I must say that this is my favorite Nutrabio protein flavor to date. I mixed this with water and the combination of ingredients made it the perfect consistency and not overly sweet and not watery tasting. My only beef is that no matter what shaker I used I would always have some left over in the bottom that was hard to get out.

I think that this was a very efficient MRP. It would keep me satiated but at the same time it didn't kill my ability to eat if I had the opportunity. It didn't fill my stomach like a straight Casein shake might but it would stave off starvation mode and didn't leave me feeling bloated. On the contrary I usually felt lighter and if anything it boosted my metabolism for later in the day. I used this as my lunch/early afternoon meal for the most part because I usually don't eat lunch at work and it would keep me firing until dinner later that night. At only 235 calories per serving it definitely isn't a weight gainer and I actually continued to lose weight while taking this so those who are looking for a MRP and trying to maintain or cut weight would find value in this product.

This tub goes for right around 39.00 per 18 servings. As I stated before I love the profile and the ingredients themselves are great but I would really like to up the value by adding a bit more protein because for me that would be more adequate at my size and would keep an 18 serving value better than the 12 servings I actually got out of it. All in all, good profile and a decent value, but could be better in my mind.

Side Effects

Tub goes quickly

Conclusion

If you are looking for a consistent meal replacement protein this is way better and cheaper than Shakeology and other crap that some companies tote for 100 bucks a tub or more. This is the real deal with a great profile. I do wish there was more protein per serving for my own personal justifications but you get quality protein ,carb, and fat sources with this product and that is more than could be said for a lot of other meal replacements.
  • Creamy Vanilla: 9/10

May 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • Feeds Muscle
  • Carbs For Energy
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Servings Used

Hello SR. Here to review a meal replacement supplement. First I would like to thank NutraBio for sending this out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Now I don't normally purchase meal replacement supplements because a lot on the market lean more towards mass gainers instead, but after this using this supplement I may purchase a tub to have for times of need. Let's take a second to note that this is not a "mass" gainer supplement full of ridiculous calories and tasting like crap. This is a meal replacement that has various uses that I will note in the review.

I loved the ingredient profile the minute I opened the box and read the label (and was pretty happy to get a NutraBio hat). The primary perks to this noted on the label is with two scoops you get 25g's of protein (50%casein/50%whey), 5.2g's of BCAA's, and 235 calories of clean liquid food. That's not it though. You also get the benefit of having a multivitamin half-serving thrown into the mix. Kudos on that one NutraBio.

Over half the carbs derive from quality dextrin and are low glycemic, then you have a fiber complex as well for good digestion. Back on protein, the reason behind casein and whey being put in is so the protein lasts for longer periods as if you ate a nice lunch or dinner or whenever you eat a protein rich meal. Whey protein digests quickly, and casein protein slow drip feeds your body. NutraBio states this is a 4 hour capability of protein release.

This was a very good ingredient profile for being a meal replacement supplement. You get proper amounts of protein, quality carbs, a multivitamin, a fiber complex, and fats from coconut oil for all of you who love the whole coconut health benefits rage.

I loved the taste when mixed with milk or juice, but as always I can't stand most supplements when mixed with water. I did one serving for the sake of the review - hated it. But this is more of a personal preference thing because the supplement is delicious and not over flavored when mixed with other liquids.

Mixed perfectly in my shaker cup with all types of liquid. I could even stir it in a glass and the mixture dissolved very well (yes, I stirred it for the sake of the review lol)

I dosed this at all three types of meals the label shows. You can do 1 scoop for a snack with 12.5g of protein (pretty awesome protein snack right?), 2 scoops for the 25g's of protein I noted above, and then you can do a big boy meal with 3 scoops at 37.5g's of protein. I didn't even have to calculate this stuff - they break down all the macro's, calories, and fiber for each type of serving you want.

The main reason I decided to grab this for review, other than because it was a NutraBio product, is because I've switched training times and do my workout in the morning now after I wake up. I can't stand fasted training and my body wants to kick my a#% any time I ever did. So I needed something to give me a quick fix in the morning. So on training days I would use 1 scoop mixed with apple juice and be out and on my way to the gym in just a few minutes. Digested quickly and made me feel content the entire time of training.

The protein did seem to last longer for my body than if I just used 100% whey protein since I felt content for about 3 hours after 2 servings. My body overall just felt satisfied anytime I used it to replace a meal or snack when needed, and didn't give me this weird sluggish feeling like a previous MRP I used back a few years ago. This is honestly the best way I could think of to give the overall effectiveness - it replaced whole foods as if I had eaten them.

Fiber wise I had nice, firm poops after training.*thumbs up*

The cheapest I saw this sold for was actually on the NutraBio website for $39.99 (05/11/2016). For me the value isn't too bad because that is a little over $2.00 per servings. If this was just a protein I would be putting my face in a pillow and throwing a temper tantrum. But as I noted earlier you get several supplements basically packed into one, and essentially you are paying $2.22 for a nutritious meal. Should this product be for a bit cheaper? I'd like to see it around the $35.00 price range, but regardless I'd buy this at $40.00 just to have as a backup for the mornings I need to get up and just go. I pay a lot more for meals that don't even give me this much nutritious value at restaurants lol

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

I'd definitely recommend this MRP supplement for those that need a quick snack or meal before training, or even for post training use as well. Thanks again for allowing me to review your product NutraBio.
  • Strawberry Smoothie: 9/10

May 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Nutritional Profile
  • No Prop Blends
First off I want to give a big thank you to NutraBio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was really excited when I saw they released this new product. From what I was seeing in the ingredient profile this looked like it would be another great product by NutraBio. I am not really big into meal replacement type products but this one looked rather interesting and had to give it a try. Knowing how good this company is I knew this had to be a good product but was it.

Ingredients:
This has a rather extensive profile to it. This is made up of a 40-40-20 Here is how they have this broken down on NutraBios website. The first part is 40% protein.
1.50% fast absorbing Whey Protein Isolate and 50% slow absorbing Micellar Casein.
2.Up to 4 hours of constant amino acid delivery to muscle.
3.Provides 5.6 grams of BCAAs 5.6 per serving.
4.Micronutrients: 50% RDA for Vitamins and Minerals
5.No Protein Spiking, whey concentrates or other cheaper protein sources.
6.WPI gives fast and intermediate supply of amino acids that increase protein synthesis, and MC gives long duration increases in amino acids that decrease muscle breakdown. Combined they maximize muscle repair and growth.

The second part is 40% carbs
1.HBCD (Highly branched cyclic dextrin) from patented Cluster Dextrin
2.Low Glycemic Index and low Glycemic Load.
3.Promotes slow & level Insulin response.
4.Will not cause insulin spikes insuring blood sugar levels remain in normal range.
5.Promoting constant fat burning, constant smooth energy and sparring of muscle glycogen.
6.Included 5 grams of fiber from Fibersol.

Fat Source 20%
1.MCT Oil (medium chain triglycerides from coconut)
2.No hydrogenated Oil
3.No Trans Fats
4.No cholesterol
5.MCT used by the body for Energy
6.MCT enhances the body's Fat burning Potential
7.Leads to improved Lean Body composition

MICRONUTRIENTS:
1.Contains a complete range of vitamin and minerals.

Value:
On NutraBio's website they want $41.99 for 18 servings. I think that is a little high for a product like this since this is something you don't always need to take. I really wish other sites could start carrying their products so the prices could be lowered a little. The only other place you can get their products from is amazon. I saw they had this product on Amazon but wanted the same price. Meal Replacement products always seem to be a bit over priced for what you get and the number of servings.

Taste:
This comes in 4 flavors Creamy Vanilla, Chocolate Milkshake, Strawberry Smoothie, and Banana Cream. I was going to go with the chocolate but decided I wanted something different so I got the Banana Cream. Every time I have had something in banana cream flavor I always keep tasting it over and over again after I drink it. Well with this banana cream flavor that never happened once. I will be honest with you this had very little taste to it at all. It had a very watered down taste to it. You have to be real careful not to add to much water with this because it will make it taste even more watered down and have not much flavor to it at all. I think because they try to go all natural and not use any artificial flavors when they make their products is why this had very little taste to it at all. I feel this really needs an improvement in flavoring big time. I did try a little less water and that did not seem to help much either. There were a couple times I mixed this with milk and that helped it taste a little better and made it a little more think but not by much. With this being so light on taste it by no means gave me that full feeling at all and wish it would have.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with it mixing. This is rather interesting how to they want you to dose this. They say to take 1-3 scoops. Here is how they have this broken down and I will explain how I dosed this. If you want just a snack take 1 scoop. For a meal (under 180lbs) take 2 scoops. Meal (over 180lbs) take 3 scoops. I was planning to use this in the morning during my first break at work and take it as a meal. I started out the first day with 2 scoops right away in the morning and then I decided I would do just one scoop in the morning instead and then later in the mid afternoon for my second break I would take the second scoop. I thought it would be better for me to break this up a little instead of taking the two scoops at once.

I was looking at this as being a meal replacement product that I could take during my first break in the morning at work. I figured this would be a good way to get some extra stuff in my system since I don't usually eat much when it comes to breakfast. I found this to be pretty good at hitting my macros that I don't always get. If your looking for something that will help fuel your body more this is pretty good at that. Usually with meal replacement type products they are meant to help more with gaining weight but not so much with this product. With this product I never felt like I gained any extra weight while taking this or caused me any unwanted bloating. This gives you some pretty good protein, carbs, and fats from this product. It does have some MCT oil in it to help you with burning some fat. I have never really used MCT oil before and feel it did help me some at helping me lean up a little more in the stomach area. I do feel this helped give me some better recovery through out the day. I like that this has whey and casein in it giving you your fast and slow digesting proteins. By splitting up my servings one in the morning and then one mid afternoon I think really helped me more at keeping me more fueled up before I would go and workout after work later in the afternoon.

With all the carbs and fiber in this it can at times cause some digestive issue but with this product I had no digestive issues at all. It seemed to mix very well and went down very smoothly and caused me no stomach issues at all. If your looking for something simple to help you more with your calorie intake this is a good choice. I like most everything in here but I never felt like this went above and beyond what I was expecting or hoping it would do for me.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
Meal replacement products are those kind of products that are nice to have if you have the extra money to spend but feel they are not super important to have all the time or more necessary. The amount of servings you get and the price they want I don't feel it's worth it. I mean it did help me some but nothing to the point where it went above and beyond what I was expecting to help make it worth wanting to get again. I do like everything they put in here and like that they don't cut any corners and list everything they put in here. That's one thing I give this company big thumbs up for doing with all their products. Meal Replacement products are those kind of products I just can't see myself using much of or feel the need to do so. I am not going to say you should or should not use a product like this it just depends on what your needs are. Again I want to thank NutraBio for letting me have the chance to give this product a try.
  • Banana Cream: 6/10