Muscle Matrix Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  November 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Repairs Muscle
  • Light Feeling Blend
  • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Added Anything
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • Non-GMO
  • FDA Inspected
  • Disclosed

NutraBio is one of those companies that does everything right. All of their products' labels are fully disclosed, and although they may be priced higher than some other companies, their quality is unmatched. NutraBio has been a strong supporter of the TROOP program, and I have yet to see a negative review about them. I was given the opportunity to review their Muscle Matrix, which is a protein blend. Because I'm lactose intolerant, I usually shy away from blends and go with whey isolates, but I heard more than enough good reviews about it to try it out.

Muscle Matrix (Cookies & Cream) has 120 calories, a half a gram of fat, 2 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. The protein content is 16.1 grams of whey protein isolate and 13.2 grams of micellar casein, yielding a total of 25 grams. As with all of NutraBio's products, they give full label disclosure. No fillers, artificial colors, or flavors are included.

I tried the Cookies & Cream flavor, and was pleasantly surprised. I generally gauge how good a protein's flavor by how good it tastes in water. It's easy to make a protein taste good in milk, but creating a protein that tastes great in water seems to be a daunting task. NutraBio nailed it! The Cookies & Cream flavor tastes great in water, but downright sinful when mixed in almond milk. It reminded me of a cookies & cream shake from dairy Queen, minus the cookies.

Mixing Muscle Matrix (say that 10 times really fast) was simple; I mixed one scoop with 10 ounces of water or milk and shook the blender bottle for about 15 seconds; no clumps or gritty residue. Stirring it with a spoon took a little longer, probably about 45 seconds or so, but again, it left no clumps.

Because of its blend, Muscle Matrix can be taken immediately following a workout. The Whey Protein Isolate will provide an immediate supply of amino acids to the muscles to aid in recovery, while the casein has a more time released effect, sending a slow steady stream of amino acids throughout the day, keeping the body in an anabolic state. Because of this, I also took a serving before I went to bed. I truly believe that it helped my recovery, and it definitely helped reduce my level of hunger upon awakening.

It's a protein supplement, so I wasn't expecting to set any PRs while using Muscle Matrix, but it did help my recovery. My DOMS was much less pronounced, especially after leg day (take a look at my journal to see what I'm talking about).

A 30 serving tub sells for about 40 bucks, and the 5 pound container sells for about 80 dollars. Considering the quality and the types of protein types used in Muscle Matrix, I would say that it represents a good value. If you're like me and take more than one serving per day, I would recommend the 5 pound version.

Side Effects

None, not even gas, bloating, or diarrhea.

Conclusion

Another winner from NutraBio! These guys can do no wrong. I was never a big fan of blends, but I'm definitely going to be a repeat buyer of Muscle Matrix. I hear the Strawberry flavor is delicious, so that's next on my radar.
    • Cookies and Cream: 9/10