(Better than 92% in Blended Protein)

Muscle Matrix is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
ARTICLES

Protein > Blended Protein

January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
  • The Flavoring Could Use Work

Hey guys. I had the opportunity of reviewing another Nutrabio product, Muscle Matrix. This is a blend of whey isolate and micellar Casein. I tend to prefer blends in general because they help crave my hunger and I usually feel satisfied after drinking it. Thank you to Nutrabio and the TROOP program for getting this one out!

As always with Nutrabio, we have a fully transparent ingredient profile. And I do mean FULLY transparent. Every speck of powder is accounted for here. Each scoop comes in at 120 calories, with 0.5g fat, 2g total carb (less than 1g sugar) and 25g of protein. If you take a look at the label, you can see the other ingredients as well, such as flavoring and what not. Everything adds up to scoop size. Pretty cool. Muscle Matrix is 55% Whey Isolate and 45% Micellar Casein. Casein is a slow digesting protein that helps keep you feeling fuller for longer, and helps feed your muscles over an extended period of time. Many people like to use this at night time due to those effects. Overall, the profile is solid and with macros like that, I think anyone can benefit from using Muscle Matrix.

I got the cookies and cream flavor, and found it a little bit disappointing. It wasn't disgusting, just tasted a little too creamy and not nearly enough cookie. Cookies and cream is usually my favorite flavor of protein, so maybe I have a bit of a bias. The mixability was perfect and easy, with all the powder mixing within a few shakes. I mainly dosed this in the morning and after a workout.

As always, protein can be hard to gauge effectiveness with, but I have found Nutrabio's products to always deliver without any unwanted side effects. No stomach issues or gas issues. This particular protein was very effective at making me feel full, causing me to abstain from eating other calories that I might normally get into. So if you are trying to recomp or cut, this is definitely a positive. Other than that, everything was as expected from a protein blend.

$39.99 for 30 scoops may seem a little bit steep, but you are getting a very quality protein blend here so I can't knock it. If you love quality, tested products, than you probably don't mind paying this much for a product of this caliber.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Yet another quality product from NutraBio. There isn't much else to say. I hate to sound to biased toward the company, but I truly believe they are making quality products and actually care about the customers. Once again, sorry for the delayed review, and thank you very much to NutraBio for participating as always.
  • Cookies and Cream: 6/10

Other Prices:
Vitamin Shoppe   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
Fitness First USA   $39.99

January 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • FDA Inspected
  • Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • No Added Anything
  • A Bit Expensive
Good afternoon folks. I'm here to review Muscle Matrix protein by NutraBio. When I saw this product come open I was pleased because I am usually not disappointed by any of the products that NutraBio puts out. They have really become one of my favorite brands in the supplement industry. I was in the process of trying to get stronger do this product helped me keep feeding my system before, during, and after my workouts.

.5 g's of fat. 25 g's of Protein, and only ONE carb. That's the type of profile I like seeing in my protein powder. The proteins you get are Whey Isolate protein along with Micellar Casein. That's slow as well as fast digesting proteins. This is good enough to get some protein in your system immediately after a workout as well as continuing to have protein in your system in the slow digesting Micellar Casein. They add some phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium as well.

Taste- I received the Alpine Vanilla flavor even though I asked for anything BESIDES vanilla. Lol. I didn't mind it though. It actually tasted a little better than other vanilla proteins I have had in the past.

Mixability- Mixes just fine. Doesn't have any clumping, grittiness, or anything else I have come to dislike in other protein powders.

Dosing- I took a scoop in the mornings, and after my workouts.

Protein powders are very hard to judge in effectiveness. All I want in a protein powder is for it to help reduce my DOMS and help keep me fuller after drinking it. Muscle Matrix did both. I didn't have any issues with DOMS while drinking about 50g's of this a day. Combine that with the other 150g's I was eating each day and I was pretty good at recovering from these hard workouts. Another thing I noticed was that my strength, endurance and training sessions didn't seem to be effective as well. I will say that normally the day after playing basketball I am pretty sore and drained, but I did notice that I seem to recover a lot faster while drinking this afterwards than I normally would.

This is my only complaint on the product. I found it for a cheap as $39.99 for 28 servings. That's a little more than I want to spend on a protein supplement. If I had some extra money to burn I would probably pick it up though. However, considering my normal stack, I couldn't justify spending the extra $10 or so for this product compared to my normal Whey protein. Most of the time I can justify the price with a product from NutraBio. However, I can't do it with this one.

Side Effects

I did enjoy the fact that I didn't experience any bloating or gassiness. No stomach issues at all, in fact.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would definitely suggest this to some of my gym friends. In fact, we often talk about what supplements we are currently taking and I often mention NutraBio products. I've got several friends who have started using their products regularly. I like the ingredient profile. The taste was better than I thought it would be. I would just look at trying to pick up Muscle Matrix on sale somewhere rather than play full price. I would like to thank NutraBio and SR.com for this opportunity. You guys do way more for us than you should. Thanks.
  • Vanilla: 8/10

Other Prices:
Vitamin Shoppe   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
Fitness First USA   $39.99

January 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • FDA Inspected
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Repairs Muscle
  • Third Party Testing
  • The Flavoring Could Use Work

Over the past few years I have become a fan of Nutrabio. I currently take their multivitamin, vitamin D, and all my bulk supplements will come from them. Since they started letting the consumer view the third party tests I have been moving the bulk of what I take under the brand. So, when Muscle Matrix Protein came up for review I knew I wanted to try it as it has been on my radar for quite some time. Here is the review.

Muscle Matrix Protein comes in two types of tubs. The first is a five pound tub and the one I received was a two pound tub. In the tub, there are about 28 servings with each serving being about 31g. From each serving you are getting 120 calories, 0.5g of fat, 2g of carbohydrates, and 25g of protein. The protein source is a combination of non denatured whey protein isolate (WPI) and micellar casein. You are looking at 16.31g of WPI that yields 14.19g of complete protein and 13.68g of casein that yields 10.81g of complete protein. So, 55% of the protein is from WPI while 45% is from casein protein. The big key here is that with WPI is fast digesting while casein is slow digesting. So, in this case Nutrabio states that this protein will elevate muscle protein synthesis for up to four hours. In addition, there is also 1.6g of flavoring with 750 mg of natural flavors, 450 mg of cocoa powder, 2010 mg of xanthan gum, 110 mg of salt, and 80 mg of sucralose. Not many supplement companies will also disclose their levels of flavoring and I think it is great that Nutrabio does it.

One of my favorite things about the profile in Nutrabio is that I can look up a third party test for the protein content of the batch my protein came from. The lot number on my bottle is from #225433A and the test reports that in each serving there is 25.47g of protein. This is great that a consumer has the ability to look up the third party testing.

Muscle Matrix Protein currently comes in four flavors they are chocolate peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla, and cookies & cream. I requested and received the cookies & cream flavor. I always mixed the protein with skim milk and noticed that it had a very creamy milk smell. When you first drink it you are hit with a very slight mellow taste that could be described as cookie dough. This taste then quickly goes to cream and that is how the flavor finishes. I will note there's a slight creamy aftertaste, which I attribute to the casein (and probably the milk). It mixes very well with a blender bottle and is a little on the thicker side. I really prefer this as I felt like their whey protein isolate was too thin. As far as dosing goes, I used this to fill in my protein macros so it varied daily.

I always find it challenging to rate the effectiveness of a protein supplement since it really is a food. I always use protein powder to fill in my daily macros and when I review them I look for subtle variations in my training. The first major thing I noticed that my strength, recovery, and endurance did not dip when I switched to this protein. I noticed a subtle increase in my recovery and that in turn I feel like led to better training sessions. This then of course would lead to some increase in strength. One of the major things I noticed with this protein was the ability it had to digest slowly but not weighing be down. In the past with other whey protein blends they would make me feel heavy. Muscle Matrix did not and I used it often for a pre workout protein shake and between the gym and park. This was great since in the past I have gotten hungry during my workout or run.

I think the most notable area this product helped me with was with recovery from running. I noticed on days that I will just do cardio I would always be drained after run. After I would run I started drinking this protein and noticed I was less fatigued. I have tried to eat a meal after those runs but that would leave me tired. So, there was something about this protein that gave me a jolt of energy so I could continue my day after an early morning run. I have noticed this in the past with other protein blends but I do feel like this product stayed with me a little longer.

Nutrabio Muscle Matrix Protein retails for $39.99 for about 28 servings making it $1.42 per scoop. Also, this is available in a 5 pound tub that retails for $79.99 with about 71 servings making it $1.12 per serving. Comparing to to some other proteins with similar ingredients at their largest tub size, Pro Jym goes for $1.10 per serving. Syntha 6 goes for $.94 per serving and PES Select is $.91 per serving. Muscle Matrix Protein is towards the expensive side since the other proteins listed frequently go on sale. I see Nutrabio sales about twice a year and the largest I have seen is 20%. Personally, I don't mind paying the extra with Nutrabio since I know I am getting a quality product. Also, I am able to view third party testing for the lot number of the batch of protein in my bottle.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, Nutrabio Muscle Matrix is a great whey protein isolate and micellar casein blend. It helped with my recovery, which in turn helped me to continue to achieve my fitness goals. The flavor is okay but I will be honest I have always thought Nutrabio flavoring was just okay. I feel like it is competitively priced. It has a large edge due to the ability to view third party testing for protein content. Muscle Matrix Protein is definitely worth a try.

-Xcmiler
  • Cookies and Cream: 7/10

6.9
  December 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Light Feeling Blend
  • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
  • Repairs Muscle
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • May Be A Little Expensive
Good Ol' NutraBio; always generous with the Trooper products! With such a solid reputation behind them, I always try to test any products they make available. They have a selection of quality Protein products to choose from (as well as plenty of other supplements). Huge thanks to the Trooper program and NutraBio for making this available, and for being patient with my SLOW butt getting this posted!

PROFILE-9.2
This is a protein blend that brings only 110 calories and 1g of carbohydrates to the party. 25g of protein, along with calcium 385mg, phosphorus 196mg, magnesium 13mg, sodium 85mg, and potassium at 119mg. The whey protein isolate is listed at 16.31g, and Micellar casein 9non-denatured) is at 13.35g.

I received the "alpine vanilla" flavor and I was not too impressed. Me personally I don't care for any of NutraBio's flavors, in ANY of their products. But that's just me. This one lacked almost any flavor and had a slight "hint" of vanilla coffee creamer. It didn't taste bad at all; there was just a lack of total flavor. It didn't mix as well as their 100% Isolate protein, which damn near dissolved on its own! But it still mixed up better than any other protein I've tried.

EFFECTIVENESS-8.7
This hit the spot for a quick meal, or post workout shake. Unlike their 100% Whey Protein Isolate, this didn't leave me starving an hour later, which tells me its more a slow digesting protein. I mixed it a lot with blended bananas, oatmeal (for breakfast) or in fruit smoothies. It's quite versatile and gets the job done for your protein needs. Because I'm not trying to cook chicken every time I'm hungry! recovery and soreness were improved. That's pretty much all I can say, is it's a solid protein powder. It satisfies!

SIDE EFFECTS-9.5
Just like the 100% Whey Protein Isolate, I experienced zero side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no excessive flatulence, and no surprise bathroom visits! Of course I would expect nothing less from this company.

VALUE-6.5
I found this online for 39.99 and no other price. That's a little steep for protein, but of course this is NutraBio we're talking about here! The quality is much better then the big Warehouse store brand I've been taking, trust me on this!

OVERALL-8
Besides the flavor (or lack of) I really enjoyed this! I found it easy to mix, easy to blend, and easy to digest. Like all NutraBio products, it just oozes with quality. Besides my qualms about the flavor, I plan on ordering another tub as I type this! Like Always, with NutraBio you truly get what you pay for.

December 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Light Feeling Blend
  • No Added Anything
  • The Flavoring Could Use Work

Intro

Glad to have a go with another Nutrabio product. A year or so ago, a half and half whey/casein blend began being pushed onto the market as the new more anabolic protein supplementation method. Though that wave of products has since died down, it's a lane for products like Muscle Matrix Protein to make their way.

55% Fast Release Whey Protein Isolate / 45% Slow Release Micellar Casein
Whey Protein Isolate
16.31g WPI90 + cold processed + instantized w/ sunflower lecithin = 14.19g yield
Micellar Casein
13.68g Casein + cold processed + instantized w/ sunflower lecithin = 10.81g yield
Flavoring
natural flavor 750mg, cocoa powder 750mg, xanthan gum 210mg, salt 110mg, sucralose 80mg

Taste

This is the big disappointment for me. Most of the time I will go out of my way to excuse flavoring. Sometimes ingredients (or the lack thereof) will make it difficult to achieve the desired taste. Production mishaps can cause whole lots and batches to be awful.

Nutrabio provided me with the Cookies and Cream flavor... at best, I got Cream. It doesn't taste bad, just like any off-vanilla flavor. Nutrabio is pretty good at flavoring despite the handicap of actually being as clean as can be. But that expertise doesn't show itself in this particular flavor of Muscle Matrix.

Mixability

This one being just under half casein, the consistency will be inherently thicker and slightly more difficult to mix in cold water. However the way this is processed and instantized, all that's required is a little more rigorous shaking.

For a blend that's almost half casein, it's surprisingly light. I figured to at least feel a little more on the gut than a typical whey... but that's exactly what this feels like. Taking this before bed most nights, I hardly felt it sit on me laying down for the night.

I struggle with the value relative to the quality. There's no gimmicks in this time release blend... you are getting the good stuff. So a regular price of $39.99 feels steep. But put this against a 2lb container of high quality whey isolate and it's the same cost. In that right, I can't justify slamming the price point as tempting as it may be.

Side Effects

Allergen - Dairy

Conclusion

Say what you will about having to pay through the nose a little bit for their products, but Nutrabio continues to deliver on quality in full. I didn't feel myself wasting muscle for the several hours following my serving, including waking up after my nighttime shakes. Because Nutrabio has a good reputation and I think of them as such, I hope this cookies n cream flavor was a rare exception in blandness. The protein itself is well done and may earn the extra dollars.
  • Cookies and Cream: 6/10

December 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • FDA Inspected
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • No Added Anything
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • May Be A Little Expensive

A huge shoutout to Nutrabio for sending me out their Muscle Matrix protein to use and review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. I consumed this protein at nighttime just before going to bed due to it stating its a 4 hour protein breakdown and I thought it would be perfect for while I was asleep.

A very big thumbs up to Nutrabio for making this a proprietary blend free label! It's fully transparent and very easy to read. Each scoop is 120 calories with .5 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs with 1 of those being from sugar, and 25 grams of protein. The protein sources are split between whey protein isolate at 16.31 grams and micellar casein at 13.68 grams. They have it listed at a 55% to 45% split. Every ingredient used by Nutrabio is as pure as you can get it and that definitely includes these top 2 quality protein sources. The only other added ingredients are used for flavor. The company allows you to enter your products number online to see all the lab results of your exact product! The length they go to prove their quality impressed me and I really like that aspect of this company. I really enjoyed the simplicity yet quality of these ingredients and the label.

I received the Cookies and Cream flavor. I always used milk when mixing. I found the flavor to be very tasty and enjoyable. It wasn't too strong or weak. When mixed with milk it gave it an almost milkshake like taste. It always mixed up perfectly in a blender bottle. I never had any leftover powder or clumps leftover in my shaker. The dosing seems perfect. Each dose is 1 scoop which is 31.89 grams. There are a total of 28.44 servings per 2lb tub.

I really liked using this right before bed because when I woke up I wasn't immediately hungry and still felt satisfied. I know it was quickly and slowly breaking down during my sleep and promoting muscle growth and recovery. I did notice I made some pretty good muscle size gains during my usage. My strength stayed about the same. Recovery felt good, I was never too sore following any lifts. The mixed rate of protein digestion makes it ideal to use at multiple times throughout the day.

For the 2lb tub I received the cheapest I was able to find it online was for $40 at bodybuilding.com and vitaminshoppe.com. You can definitely find 2lbs of protein a lot cheaper but if you care about quality and transparent ingredients then this price is probably of good value to you.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I really like this product because it worked, tasted quite good, and because the company was amazing at providing quality tested ingredients. I recommend this for anyone in the market for a new protein and has a bit of extra money to spare on it. I would definitely consider using this and other products from Nutrabio again in the future. Once again thank you very much Nutrabio!
  • Cookies and Cream: 7/10

December 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • FDA Inspected
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Repairs Muscle
  • The Flavoring Could Use Work
I've always found blended proteins intriguing due to the many different ways and times in which you can utilize them, and Muscle Matrix caught my eye for that very reason. Nutrabio has never disappointed me in the past and I surely didn't expect them to do so with Muscle Matrix.

As always, Nutrabio provides a fully disclosed label. Always a big plus in my book. Muscle Matrix is made up of 55% whey isolate and 45% micellar casein at 25g per scoop with only 110 calories and 1g of carbs. This provides a great mix of both short and quick proteins, making this a suitable protein for just about any situation you could think of: post-workout, pre-bed, for a meal, in-between meals, etc. Kudos to Nutrabio for another great looking product.

I received the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup flavor and thought it was ok, but nothing special. Whenever I think of Nutrabio protein, I think of a great profile at a reasonable price, but with flavors that aren't as great as others. I suppose this is the territory when dealing with such clean ingredient profiles, so I'll absolutely take something that doesn't taste as great. No problems here. I mainly used 1-2 scoops in the morning as breakfast.

8.8/10

I chose to give Muscle Matrix such a high score for multiple reasons: I was able to use it at many different times, it has a great mix of proteins and it never gave me stomach issues even once. It also helped to hold me over until lunch since I mainly used 1-2 scoops of it as my breakfast. As we know, proteins can be hard to rate based on the fact that it's effects aren't as pronounced as a pre-workout or sleep aid or fat burner would be. However, Nutrabio has proven time and time again that they can be trusted to provide high quality products, and considering I had no issues while using this, a high rating was the only logical choice.

8.7/10

Available for $39.99 just about everywhere, I see this for $35.99 right now through suppz.com with the use of a coupon. That works out to $1.11 per scoop, which represents terrific value in my book considering the quality and blend of the protein. Don't hesitate to pick this up at this price, and if the price were even lower, it would be a steal.

Side Effects

Overall

8.8/10

This was an outstanding blended protein that I would not hesitate to buy in the future due to the quality, blend and affordable price. Thanks again to Nutrabio.
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

November 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • No Added Anything
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
  • Repairs Muscle

Yo SR, what's going on! I would like to thank NutraBio and the Trooper programs for the opportunity to run Muscle Matrix. We all know, protein is one of the building blocks to helping our body recover and grow. However, with so many companies out there, some with great products and others spiked to the gill, it is hard to choose right protein. Therefore, when Muscle Matrix came up, and after looking at the profile, I was excited to give it a shot.

As with all NutraBio products, there is nothing to hide on their products or their labels, fully disclosed, which should be the goal for all in the supplement industry. You get 25 grams of protein, broken down into 16.1 grams of whey Isolate and 13.2 grams of casein. This formulation makes Muscle Matrix more versatile as either a post workout, a meal replacement, or a nighttime recovery shake.

Taste - I received the Vanilla cream flavor, very yummy

Mix - I was very surprise to find that Muscle Matrix mixed very well, considering that, it contains casein; the Micellar version of casein is more refined. In addition, you can use a blender or a shake bottle; either one I had the same results, no clumping.

Dosing - I used as a post workout shake and an evening shake, about 30 mins before hitting the hay.

As we know, sometimes I can be hard to gauge the effects of a protein supplement on your bodies. Therefore, I always put by body in a situation where protein synthesis could be noticed. For example, after workout in the evening, I would have a sold post meal, and 30 mins before bed, I will make my serving of Muscle Matrix. When I woke up the next day, I did not feel hungry as I normally do and I did notice some reduction of soreness on the body part I worked out the night before.

As when I took Muscle Matrix as a post work out meal, I could tell that my body absorbed the whey Isolate, which typically takes about 20 mins. Any increase in lactic acid I had, was reduced. In addition, it would hold me up for about 2 hours before eating a sold meal, which is attributed the slow digestion of the casein protein.

As for the value, Muscle Matrix will run you about $40.00, which is not bad for 30 servings, and how versatile Muscle Matrix can be. I mean, think about, some of us spend $4 to $6 dollar on a meal, which could have all sorts of crap in it. Therefore, Muscle Matrix in my opinion is a good value.

Side Effects

None, even those who may be lactose intolerant could benefit from Muscle Matrix.

Conclusion

Muscle Matrix is another smash for NutraBio, excellence is what we can expect from their entire line. This was one of the cleanest blended proteins I have ran in a while and will continue to use moving forward as a night time recovery shake. I would like to thank NutraBio again for the opportunity.

November 28, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • High-Quality Blend
    • Repairs Muscle
    • Light Feeling Blend
    • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • No Added Anything
    • Disclosed

NutraBio is one of those companies that does everything right. All of their products' labels are fully disclosed, and although they may be priced higher than some other companies, their quality is unmatched. NutraBio has been a strong supporter of the TROOP program, and I have yet to see a negative review about them. I was given the opportunity to review their Muscle Matrix, which is a protein blend. Because I'm lactose intolerant, I usually shy away from blends and go with whey isolates, but I heard more than enough good reviews about it to try it out.

Muscle Matrix (Cookies & Cream) has 120 calories, a half a gram of fat, 2 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. The protein content is 16.1 grams of whey protein isolate and 13.2 grams of micellar casein, yielding a total of 25 grams. As with all of NutraBio's products, they give full label disclosure. No fillers, artificial colors, or flavors are included.

I tried the Cookies & Cream flavor, and was pleasantly surprised. I generally gauge how good a protein's flavor by how good it tastes in water. It's easy to make a protein taste good in milk, but creating a protein that tastes great in water seems to be a daunting task. NutraBio nailed it! The Cookies & Cream flavor tastes great in water, but downright sinful when mixed in almond milk. It reminded me of a cookies & cream shake from dairy Queen, minus the cookies.

Mixing Muscle Matrix (say that 10 times really fast) was simple; I mixed one scoop with 10 ounces of water or milk and shook the blender bottle for about 15 seconds; no clumps or gritty residue. Stirring it with a spoon took a little longer, probably about 45 seconds or so, but again, it left no clumps.

Because of its blend, Muscle Matrix can be taken immediately following a workout. The Whey Protein Isolate will provide an immediate supply of amino acids to the muscles to aid in recovery, while the casein has a more time released effect, sending a slow steady stream of amino acids throughout the day, keeping the body in an anabolic state. Because of this, I also took a serving before I went to bed. I truly believe that it helped my recovery, and it definitely helped reduce my level of hunger upon awakening.

It's a protein supplement, so I wasn't expecting to set any PRs while using Muscle Matrix, but it did help my recovery. My DOMS was much less pronounced, especially after leg day (take a look at my journal to see what I'm talking about).

A 30 serving tub sells for about 40 bucks, and the 5 pound container sells for about 80 dollars. Considering the quality and the types of protein types used in Muscle Matrix, I would say that it represents a good value. If you're like me and take more than one serving per day, I would recommend the 5 pound version.

Side Effects

None, not even gas, bloating, or diarrhea.

Conclusion

Another winner from NutraBio! These guys can do no wrong. I was never a big fan of blends, but I'm definitely going to be a repeat buyer of Muscle Matrix. I hear the Strawberry flavor is delicious, so that's next on my radar.
      • Cookies and Cream: 9/10

6.7
        November 27, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • High-Quality Blend
      • Fully Disclosed Label
      • Repairs Muscle
      • Great Macro-nutrient Ratio
      • A Bit Expensive
      • The Flavoring Could Use Work

Optimizing our supplements stacks by utilizing different blends of whey protein products has become a key component for perfecting any fitness enthusiast's dietary plan and maximizing potential muscular gains from the gym. I've always used whey protein isolates post-workout and used casein prior to bedtime to nourish my recovering muscles throughout the night but I've never considered using a product that contained both whey proteins. When I saw Muscle Matrix Protein by Nutrabio I had to take advantage of the opportunity and see if their product could further improve my seemingly bulletproof stack. I'd like to give a quick thanks to NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to try out their product! Lets see how it stacks up!

Total Fat: 0.5g
      Total Carbohydrates: 2g
      Protein: 25g (16g from Whey protein isolate, 13.5g from Micellular casein)
      Sodium: 95mg

I must say that Muscle Matrix does pack a pretty impressive nutritional label that consists of a low-fat, low-carb, and low-sodium product that includes a very solid protein profile. People typically utilize whey protein isolate for its lightning fast digestion timeframe in comparison to nearly any other protein source. This fast digestion time allows for much quicker transport of amino acids to our overworked muscles that are in need of repair, so it is typically taken immediately following a workout. While micellular casein is known for its incredibly slow digestion properties that allow for the body to have a steady stream of amino acids sent all over body to maintain itself in an anabolic state. Utilizing protein post-workout is an absolute must for any individual that prioritizes nutritional needs, it's the one macronutrient that we pretty much can't have too much of so supplementing a post-workout shake with a scoop of whey has become an easy and cheap method to reach our daily value of protein.

I've had the chance to test out the chocolate peanut butter flavor, which is depicted with a picture of a Reese's PB cup so of course I'm going to have pretty high expectations of this product. The essence of the PB cup flavor is present but it's not really well emulated mainly due to the lack of creaminess and odd sweetener flavor that throws the overall taste a little off the edge but considering the insanely clean nutritional label you can't really blame them. It's not what I'd consider a bad flavor just not great. It mixes very well with the average 12-16oz of water and a good couple shakes and is dosed with your average scooper that is typically non-compatible with smaller water bottles without a paper funnel to help you out.

I used Muscle Matrix Protein post-workout for a couple of weeks and though I didn't notice any significant changes in my body composition from switching from a whey concentrate to a isolate/casein mix I know that I was taking a higher quality protein product in comparison to my norm. The mark that I think NutraBio was trying to hit with Muscle Matrix was to supply an immediate surge of amino acids to fatigued muscle while supplying a constant and steady flow of amino acids afterwards for 4 hours following ingestion. It's actually a pretty great idea especially for someone that's on the run and doesn't have time to sit down and make a nice full meal at home following a gym session to complement the post-workout shake. The inclusion of casein will offer several extra hours of protein nourishment without the anxiety of potentially being put into a state of muscle catabolism. Overall I did enjoy using Muscle Matrix post-workout but I just wish that the taste was able to better emulate a PB cup because they really put their product on a pedestal when they choose to put that picture on the label :] .

I found a Muscle Matrix 2lb tub for about $32 on GNC's website which would but it at about $16/lb. Considering the quality of the product I can understand the pricepoint but I do think it's set a little high and would be better set at around $25 for the 2lb tub.

Side Effects

I personally experienced no side effects from using Muscle Matrix Protein.

Conclusion

NutraBio has been extremely busy in the more recent years on the supplement scene with their countless releases of new products to see which of them really stick, kind of like a shotgun approach. I think that for most of NutraBio's products they typically hit the mark due to their honest labeling, fair pricing, and clinical dosing but came up a little short on their spin of this combo-ed protein supplement. Though I like the idea of mixing the two types of protein into one product to improve amino acid delivery long after an exercise, I think that it loses too much of the individual pizzazz of each product alone. You can't really use this as a nighttime protein due to the whey isolate and if you just want a quick shot of protein because your gonna grab a big meal after the gym at a local joint then the inclusion of casein becomes a bit of a money waste. I'd personally suggest buying isolate and casein separately and mixing them together when needed but still being able to keep the versatility of both products individually. The overall price of Muscle Matrix Protein is a bit on the high side as well which further sways me from the product but it is created by an excellent company that educates all of its consumers on exactly what they are getting from every single product they sell. If you are in the market for a new protein product and are intrigued about the approach NutraBio took when making Muscle Matrix then give it a go, otherwise I'd stick with buying both protein individually and still likely saving a couple of bucks. Cheers Fellas!
      • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 5/10