Ranks #3 (better than 96%)
In: Protein > Blended Protein

Muscle Matrix is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
ARTICLES

Protein > Blended Protein

September 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed
  • FDA Inspected
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • May Be A Little Expensive

As always, thank you to NutraBio for participating in the TROOPs program here at SR. This is my second NutraBio product, which did not disappoint in any way. I received the chocolate flavor. I recently reviewed their whey isolate chocolate as well, but the muscle matrix was slightly different.

I feel that NutraBio has on of the cleanest ingredient profiles currently on the market. If you haven't had one of their products yet, they are FULLY DISCLOSED (so you know everything you are consuming), non-GMO, gluten/soy free, and FDA inspected.
The muscle matrix comes to use with a mix of two different types of protein, which are whey isolate and micellar casein. The isolate is your faster digesting protein, while the casein is much slower and takes longer to digest. Between the two proteins, you recieve 25g of protein spread out through fast/slow digestion, which is why I preferred to consume this as my morning shake, although I'm sure there are a lot of people that would also use this post workout. Overall, this is a superior blended protein when compared to others in my eyes.

Taste:
As I mentioned earlier, I recently had their chocolate whey isolate as well. The muscle matrix chocolate was a little different in my opinion. I felt it was slightly fuller in flavor when compared to the isolate, which had a very light taste to it. The muscle matrix wasn't ridiculously sweet, but there was something there that did make it more rich in flavor. It's also very good for chocolate, can't really screw up a basic flavor.

Mixability:
I would mix this in my blender bottle with the recommended water. Absolutely no clumping at all.

Dosing:
I dosed this as my morning shake. One scoop of protein either when I woke up or after my fasted cardio for the morning. The tub comes with 30 servings, so it should last you a month.

Again, protein powder effectiveness is hard to judge. Based off of its nutritional profile, my gym routine, and when I used muscle matrix, I would say it propelled me further towards my goals, rather than setting me back.

The value isn't bad here, but you can pickup the isolate for cheaper, which is better in my opinion. A tub of muscle matrix goes for a straight $40 for 30 servings.

Side Effects

Absolutely no side effects.

Conclusion

I would easily pick this up again, NutraBio is the real deal. Many people like to stray away from blends of anything, but I would not with NutraBio. They fully disclose their label so you know exactly what you are getting. Again, they are doing it right and I look forward to seeing what else the accomplish in the future.
  • Dutch Chocolate: 9/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed
  • FDA Inspected
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • Light Feeling Blend
  • No Added Anything
  • A Bit Expensive
I do not think there is another supplement company that consistently produces solid products one after another. I never knew about this brand until I was a member here and from the first product to that that they have almost always proved to be very effective and solid picks.

Profile
This is a blend but this one is slightly different I feel. I have seen and used blends that have several sources of proteins and concentrates in them.
Nutrabio is different though, they went with two simple choices, Whey isolate and casein. Simple and effective.
Overall I feel this profile is awesome. It is low in carb's and sugar and fat. Also low in calories and as I have gotten older I like to try and not take in as many calories from a simple drink as possible. I love isolate protein's I feel they are a better pick me and they always keep me from feeling bloated and heavy. This one has that and adds in casein to help with the slow digestion , Up to 4 hrs of slow feeding for your muscles and body.
As always you will find no fillers, no artificial anything or creamers in this either. Simple put it is not feeding with a bunch of BS.

Taste 9
I got the strawberry and DAMN nutrabio always has products that the flavors are right on the money, This is no different.

Mixing 9
I was a bit worried with the blend and casein as sometimes those tend to be a issue. But not with this one. I guess not having a ton of other crap in something helps wonders.

Effectiveness 9
As always Nutrabio never lets me down. This is easy to use, easy to drink. I used this mainly as a smoothie in the morning with 2 scoops with my other additions to it ( blueberries and banana ). And as normal this helped keep from my mid morning evil snacking habits. For a late snack I used a bit of vanilla ice cream and touch of milk and one scoop of this. Sounds weird but turned out to be a big favorite of mine.
Now as far as recovery , No I did not go and win the local bodybuilding show or anything, but I do know I was getting some solid nutrition that was easy and convenient which for me is always great. I never got a heavy bloated feeling. Never had a upset stomach from this , ( something that other blends have done in the past ).
If you are looking for a easy ( light ) blend that is not over killed with calories and sugar and carbs this is your baby.

Value. 8.5
Now Nutrabio is not going to be at your local walmart, but it can be easily found on the web. On their site it is going to run you around 40 bucks. For 30 servings. Now that is a touch higher than some other brands you can find. But I promise you will not be getting the same in return. Nutrabio is worth the extra 5 - 10 bucks in my opinion. They also have generous sales from time to time if you sign up for the newsletter. Although not the cheapest you will find , I feel the quality more than makes up for it.

Overall 9
Nutrabio seriously has a big fan here. I do write my reviews bluntly and honest though, But I have learned their Proteins are some of the best available.
Thanks for being patient on the review and sorry it took so long.
  • Strawberry: 9/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed
  • FDA Inspected
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • A Bit Expensive
Introduction & Supplement Facts
NutraBio is becoming better and better, raising the bars on many levels especially when it comes to their protein powder(s). They really have outdone their selves yet again, where they have formulated a Quick and Extended protein blend that is of course FULLY DISCLOSED! 25g of protein broken down to 14.3 Isolate 10.7 Casein (yielding amounts), which give a great quick absorbing protein and extended which would be well suited post workout or really anytime. Of course I would go for Isolate for post workout strictly, but cost may be more of a factor. In the 29.9g serving size you have 25g protein providing 83.6% protein per serving which is way above the back when it comes to blends! Overall you really couldn't ask for a better blended protein powder.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Lets get the tasting out of the way, because it is the least desirable aspect of this product but that is a good thing! Only 721mg of flavoring is contained out of 29.9g total per serving weight, this is less than 4%! The Strawberry and Horracha flavor both are very mild or more weak than any protein product I have had before, but that just means that there is less crap in the way of you getting you nutritional needs! This stuff does mix fairly well for protein, didn't seem to do as well with cold water but will work perfectly with room temp water at which you can add some ice in afterwards. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10
As previously noted "Just as the resident geriatric laval said "PWO products are without a doubt one of the most popular, and perhaps easiest, supplements to review. Why? Because we judge them primarily on their ergogenic effect and how they make us feel" which is to say that Protein Powders still can be felt in some ways, but isn't as noticeable compared to other supplements. Of course this did help me hit my macronutrient needs, no I did not feel any digestive issues or bloating, protein farts may not happen for everyone as it didn't for me either. I consumed this in my pancakes quite often, with sliced bananas sometimes which was great and allows the protein to be more readily absorbed. Taking this post workout can truly benefit you in recovery, because essentially you are consuming Amino Acids which is always equal to the protein content (25g in this case). Truly this powder didn't give me any issues, and only joy in life ;)" Adding to that I never had any digestive issues.

Value 8/10
NutraBio typically sells their stuff at the cheapest, but recently they started selling at other sites as well. I am not sure if they will be like other brands and have the product cost more from them than their retailers, but none the less you can pick it up for $40 giving you 30 servings or $1.33 cost per serving.. A bit expensive, but once you see that this is mostly isolate it is more justified.

Conclusion 8.5/10
NutraBio has provided another quality product that is well formulated, good value with great serving size and high protein content per serving. I would gladly recommend this protein to other, but ultimately I would like to see the cost come down more. Great product and trust worthy brand, thank you NutraBio for allowing me a chance to review yet another product.
  • Strawberry: 7/10

September 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed
  • FDA Inspected
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • May Be A Little Expensive
Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Nutrabio for letting me review their muscle matrix protein which is a complete protein matrix. I've reviewed some of their products in the past and enjoyed pretty much all of them. Muscle matrix will maximize protein synthesis, build & repair muscle, along with being a 4-hour sustained release time frame. Let's see how this protein powder stacks up.
Like all of Nutrabio products everything has a full label disclosure which is really nice to see and you know what exactly what you are getting. Muscle matrix is a mix of two different proteins. First off you will get 55% of a fast release whey protein isolate which will be 16.1g, and second you will get 45% of a slow release micellar casein protein which is 13.2. In total you will get 25g of protein while consuming 110 calories along with 5.2g of bcaa's.
Taste + Mixability + Dosing
So I picked dealers choice with this product and they sent me alpine vanilla which tasted really good. Mixability was really good didn't have any issues usually just mixed it with water. You can take it up to 3 times a day I usually just took it post-workout buy sometimes I would take it before bed.

Effectiveness 9.0/10
Another quality product from a great company. This stuff was a great post-workout recovery shake. I would always take at least one scoop when finishing up my workout to make sure my body was fueled up and ready to go. I was also a nice in-between job shake where I knew it would be a while before eating some food and I was need some quick quality protein. A few times I would take it about 30 to 45mins before bed too to help curve the midnight hunger pains. Which really helped in the mornings because I wasn't nearly has hungry. The micellar casein really made a difference since it's a slow release protein. I notice that when taking it before bed especially if I was off the next day and was looking forward to sleeping in it really helped from getting the hunger pains. Because usually I'm waking up at 5:30am during working days but when it comes to my days off I really enjoying sleeping in till 9 or 10am and this stuff really helps with the hunger aspect of it. It's nice to see companies like Nutrabio make quality products that are worth paying for.

Value 7.5/10
The Nutrabio website 30 servings or a 2lb tub of muscle matrix protein goes for 39.99. Which is a 1.33 per serving and of course if you do multiple servings it will cost more. But you are getting a great product from a well-known company so for me the price is worth it.

Side Effects

Zero Side effects

Conclusion

Looking for a quality protein from a company you can trust well look no further the Nutrabio muscle matrix protein? I sure did.
  • Vanilla: 10/10

9.5
  August 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • FDA Inspected
  • Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • May Be A Little Expensive

Another NutraBio review coming up from probably my favorite supplement company. I always get excited when I see a NutraBio product pop up on the dashboard, but I assure yous all my reviews are still unbiased.

Clean profile that is comparable to their regular whey isolate. This (Dutch Chocolate) contains 115 calories, .5 g of fat, 2 g carbs,--of which 1 g is sugar and 1 g is fiber--and 25 g of protein. 5.2 g of BCAAs are contained within Muscle Matrix. The difference between Muscle Matrix Protein and their whey protein isolate is that the Muscle Matrix contains 14.3 g of digestible whey isolate and 10.7 g of digestible micellar casein. Non-GMO, soy free, FDA inspected facility are all positives in my book. However, not a fan of artificial flavors. Probably not enough to make a difference, but I have to gripe about something.

Taste 7/10: Dutch Chocolate was pretty good. If you have had NutraBio's proteins before, you know they are not overly flavored/sweetened, but I do not mind that at all. This is not something you would crave after a workout, but definitely not something that would be considered a chore to drink by any means in my opinion.

Mixability 8/10: Just a little bit of clumping with their Muscle Matrix Protein. It mixes just a bit worse than their whey isolate, but that is almost expected being a little thicker than it with the inclusion of the casein.

Dosing 10/10: Standard protein dosing with this. They suggest taking one scoop within a half hour after working out and then more if needed to meet your daily protein requirement.

I really liked this protein, probably even more than their whey isolate because it left me a little more satiated. On most days I was taking a scoop post workout in either water or making a smoothie with it. Since it contained some casein, I was also taking a half scoop of Muscle Matrix occasionally before bed if I was hungry. I would actually mix a half scoop in a 1/4 cup of heavy cream and it made a little pudding that was really enjoyable. I really liked how versatile this protein could be. You could take it at any time of the day. I had no digestive issues with this. Honestly, I have not seen better recovery with this than other proteins I have used in the past, but you know you are receiving top quality with NutraBio and the profile is clean enough for any goal you may have.

Kind of limited on where you can purchase this, but it can be found for about $40 on the NutraBio website, plus their shipping rate. For 30 servings, you are looking at $1.33 a serving which is a bit high, but you are getting a 55/45% whey isolate/micellar casein blend. Casein proteins are normally priced a bit higher than whey proteins, but this is the same price as their whey isolate. I did not see a 5 pound jug like they offer with their whey isolate though, so that affects the value a little as well. If you are looking for one of the highest quality blended protein, look no further and purchase this.

Side Effects

Nothing.

Conclusion

This is a great protein in my opinion and would definitely recommend it. It is appealing because it can be taken whenever and leave you feeling a bit more full than just consuming a whey protein. Thank you again NutraBio and keep putting on for NJ.
  • Dutch Chocolate: 7/10