Multi Sport Men's Formula Reviews

By: NutraBio

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Multi Sport Men's Formula is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Overall
Overall
  September 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Well Dosed
  • Includes Iron
  • Very Effective
  • Slightly Expensive
  • GreenishYellow Pee Longer Than Usual
  • Too Potent

37 years old, and I lift 4-5 times a week. Multi Vitamins are essential to ensure you get the Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA) of essential vitamins and minerals for those of us with active lifestyles, or really anyone. I find it makes a big difference on how I feel health wise if I am taking a Multi versus when I am not. I have been trying different ones lately, and I noticed that the all powerful NutraBio Multi Sport Men's Formula was not even added to the site. So I had to buy this, check it out and ensure the word got out about it! My last two Multi's were Opti Men and Orange Triad so the competition will be tough here, so lets see how this held up.

If you read my last couple reviews, I break down the essential vitamins and minerals since all Multi V labels are so long! As always NutraBio gives us a transparent label, I am glad they set the standard here. Here we go.

Vitamin A - This is good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth and skin. 3,000 IU per day for men is the RDA, and here we get 10,000 IU ensuring you get your daily share and then some.

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA and here we get 100mg, so we are well covered here. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. In Multi Sport we get 500mcg which is well above the RDA of 2.4mcg.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 400mg.

Vitamin D - Good for strong healthy bones, and as I said very important to me living in Washington State (not so much in the summer, but mostly winter) since it rains a ton and the sun only makes an appearance for a few months a year. RDA is 600IU and we get 1,600IU. In comparison to my recent Multi's (Orange Triad and Opti Men), Multi Sport has 100 IU more than Opti Men but 400 IU less than Orange Triad.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,500 IU, here we get 400 IU leaving you enough buffer room to not go over the maximum daily allowance if you have almonds, nuts, seeds, or tomatoes in your diet.

Vitamin K - Good for blood coagulation. RDA when combining supplements and food is 182mcg for men, and here we get 160mcg giving you a tiny bit of wiggle room to get more Vitamin K in kale, spinach, burssel sprouts and broccoli.

Folic Acid - This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women, but thats an afterthought since this Vitamn is geared to men. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old and here we get an exact 400mcg dose.

Calcium - Good for healthy teeth and bones. We get 75mg here, RDA is between 1,000 - 2,500mg for men 19-50 years old. You can get more calcium in your diet by eating yogurt, cheese, milk, tofu, and black molasses. This is a small dose, so when taking this ensure you make up for the rest in your diet. It was like those old Milk commercials you used to see when you were a kid, Calcium is important!

Zinc - Good for immunity, growth and fertility. 11mg daily for men over 14 and here we get 15mg.

Chromium - Good for glucose function - making sure every cell in your body gets energy when needed. This gives you 200mcg which is good, because its recommended you do not exceed 1,000mcg per day, and excessive doses may lead to stomach problems, low blood sugar, and can damage the liver, kidneys, nerves, and cause irregular heart rhythms. Pretty serious stuff! This is strictly talking about Chromium supplements, as Chromium in food will not hurt you no matter what the dosage, so this is a nice safe dose.

Iron - This is the one big standout here. In my last two Multi's (Opti Men and Orange Triad) I have not seen the presence of Iron in them. Multi Sport gives you a 8mg dose of Iron. Iron is good for building muscles naturally and maintaining healthy blood. The RDA for iron is 8 mg/day for men ages 19 and older, and women ages 51 and older. For women 19 to 50 years, the RDA is 18 mg/day. People shy away from Iron in a Multi because too much Iron can be bad for you and cause life threatening issues. However, a high amount of Iron is 60mg or more a day. So definitely be aware of the inclusion of Iron here, if for some reason you have an Iron rich diet, then maybe use a different multi.

Magnesium - A mineral to help aid in your bone structure. The daily Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for elemental magnesium are: 19-30 years, 400 mg (men) and 310 mg (women); 31 years and older, 420 mg (men) and 320 mg (women). For pregnant women age 14-18 years, the RDA is 400 mg; 19-30 years, 350 mg; 31-50 years, 360 mg. Here we get 100mg which is good since doses less than 350mg daily are safe, thought it kind of contradicts the RDA. Either way the small dose is covered here.

Boron - If you read my Orange Triad review you will see that I thought the dosage there was low. Opti-Men makes me happy coming in with a strong 2mg dose which is great since the RDA is .25 - 3.25mg. However, Multi Sport rolls in with an awesome 3mg dose, booyow. Boron aids in building muscle, increase test levels, and builds strong bones. Nice dosage here!!

At this point the best way I can gage Multi Ingredients is by dosage of the most important vitamins and minerals to me (the ones listed above). Multi Sport stands out by the inclusion of iron, which I think is great. In comparison to Opti Men and Orange Triad, Multi Sport has the highest dosage of Vitamins A (tied with Opti Men), B6, E, K, Chromium, Iron, Magnesium (tied with Orange Triad), and Boron. It has the second most dosage in B12, C, D, Folic Acid, Calcium, and Zinc. Multi has no special blends (Greens, enzymes, joints etc..) to add to this, just a straight up vitamin. Yeah if you did not figure it out I started an excel spreadsheet on Multi's to see who the top dog will be over time!!

Taste/Mix: Pills so nothing to note here, no weird taste or anything.

Dosing: The daily dose calls for 4 pills. The instructions say to take 2 capsules twice a day so that is what I did. I took 2 pills for breakfast and 2 with lunch. Of note, this stuff is super potent so definitely take with food, the label even states to do so, I did not try otherwise, but I have a feeling it would be a miserable experience.

Okay, the hardest part here when talking about a Multi. Overall I did not get sick and actually felt pretty good during my 30 day run of this. However, this did seem almost too potent for a Multi Vitamin. Much more than the usual side effect of greenish color pee, I could feel it in my stomach for a little bit after taking it. Not in a bad way, but I felt as if I could feel it processing. There are a lot of higher doses in here than I have taken recently, but this just felt real potent if that makes sense. I am not real sure how else to explain it. I would say it is too potent actually.

The claims on the label are Optimize Sports Performance, Essential Vitamins & Minerals, and Advanced Antioxidant formula. So yes you can say it optimized sports performance by giving me my RDA of vitamins and minerals, which in turn did not let me get sick. One thing I did notice here is, usually when I get tired I get a sore throat, I had a lot of late hours during this run and I never once got a sore throat. So super potent - yes, effective - yes! This does cover all the essential vitamins & Minerals (including Iron which most do not) and has a decent antioxidant formula. So not outrageous label claims here.

All in all a pretty great Multi Vitamin, just kind of felt too potent for me. Not a bad thing the feeling would go away in a few minutes but I felt as if I was peeing a lot of the vitamins and minerals out, may almost be too much! My pee never seemed to not be greenish/bright yellow color while taking this until almost dinner time.

So I picked this up from Amazon for $24.99 for 30 servings. This comes out to 83 cents a day. At first glance seems like an okay deal, but when compared to Opti Men (45 cents a day) and Orange Triad (58 cents a day) it is a little more expensive. We know NutraBio is on the more expensive side, so not a big surprise. I think they could knock down the price a bit since their direct competition includes small blends, and this one does not really outside of adding in iron and some Antioxidant properties. I would say this is an above average price point, yes this product works great, but so do the others.

Side Effects

Green/Bright Yellow pee throughout most of the day. Fairly normal but seemed to last longer than usual, hopefully I was not wasting too much of the good vitamins and minerals.

Slight rock like feeling in stomach after taking for about 5 minutes, you could almost feel it processing. Nothing detrimental but not the most comfortable thing ever. Probably too potent.

Conclusion

Overall an effective Multi Vitamin in a crowded market. Nothing really to make it stand out from the competition, except it does have higher doses than the top leading multi's on this site in most vitamins and minerals. I like the inclusion of Iron here, I wish the price tag would be cheaper. I do recommend this product, its a very potent Multi, and worth a shot if you are a fan of NutraBio, looking for a no nonsense multi with no crazy added blends, or just want to try something different.

• Italy48
    September 5, 2017

Great in-depth review!! I really enjoy reading your reviews.

• DaSlaya
    September 5, 2017

Thanks Italy48 I really appreciate that brother! I enjoy contributing to the site!

• Xcmiler
    January 3, 2018

Nice review, I really like this multi. I only take 1-2 pills per day with 1-2 pills of their 2000IU Vitamin D.