Java Whey Protein Reviews

By: NutraBio

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Coffee Flavor
  • Ultra Pure Isolate
  • Texture Was A Bit Off
  • 200mg Will Effect Everyone Differently
Hey SR! I'm back with another review. I want to thank NutraBio for allowing me to try this product. This time on a very interesting supplement. Protein and caffeine mixed together from NutraBio. I loved the idea. But was it the best idea, combining the two?

NutraBio uses their high quality whey isolate. If you want a review on their whey isolate, you can check out my NutraBio whey isolate or any other SR Trooper reviews. In a short summary, their whey isolate is high quality. High quality whey isolate plus caffeine, 38 mg from the coffee and 162 mg from caffeine. 200 mg of caffeine and a total of 25 grams of protein.

Taste/Mixability
I'm not a big coffee drinker but the taste was excellent. It wasn't a strong coffee flavor but the flavor was still there. Mixing it with milk was not the greatest. Expert reviewer Lava said it best when mixed with milk. He said it was a "gelled texture". Then with water, he said "a really healthy latte type drink served over extra ice". I could not have said it any better. I recommend going with the water route. It takes the slimy texture to a minimum.

Mixability was okay. It mixed perfectly for me, meaning no gritty or specs settled at the bottom. However it left a slimy coating on the side of my shaker cup.

Dosing was easy. No more than one scoop per day for me. I usually drank this either in the morning or at a time I needed caffeine. I would not recommend drinking this on an empty stomach though. However the dosing is not very versatile.

It was definitely effective. When I had it on an empty stomach it was like a blow to the face. But the energy was definitely felt. When I drank it, it gave me a steady flow of energy and helped me stay up late night. It was also helpful with getting my protein intake in. 25 grams was helpful to my daily macros. Usually I drink 1 zero calorie Monster a day, but having Java Whey was a healthy replacement.

The cheapest I could find was on Amazon for $39.89. That means $1.38 per scoop. Looking at other reviews, other troopers were able to find it at a much cheaper price. The price must have gone up over the past year. I feel that at the current price it is a fair price. NutraBio's whey isolate runs the same price, except this product has added caffeine to it. It all depends on personal preference, but I personally would just get their whey isolate not Java Whey.

Side Effects
When you drink the product on an empty stomach, it has strong side effects. Drink it with at least something in your stomach. It is a whey isolate but it should not be chugged down on an empty stomach. It also made me drink a lot of water. but that was due to the caffeine.

Conclusion
The product was great and the two supplements definitely combined to make one great product. I want to thank NutraBio again for allowing me this great opportunity. I also want to thank SR for giving me this opportunity.