100% Pure Glutamine (Powder) Reviews

By: NutraBio

100% Pure Glutamine (Powder) is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by NutraBio. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Overall
Overall
8.9
9.1
  March 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Little Muscle Gain
Glutamine; that Amino acid that's touted as helping with recovery, soreness, immune system, and can (supposedly) help with stomach problems! I Cant really say yes or no on that last claim as my stomach issues are either "all-or-none" but come to think of it, I did NOT have any issues while taking this. As always, NutraBio is that company that just seems to do no wrong when it comes to supps, and this is no different. Once again thank you to NutraBio for sending these out to us Troopers to review. And a HUGE apology on my behalf for taking FOREVER to get this review finished! Life has really hit me in the blind-side, but the gym is still there and I gotta look forward. OK enough of the sob story, lets get into this!

PROFILE- 10
It has 100% pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine, at 5mg per scoop. And that's it! In true Nutrabio fashion there's no artificial colors or fillers in the mix. I really don't want to classify this as a supplement you'd take for specific reasons only, but more of an "add on" or even a "staple", like in the same category as creatine or protein. If that makes any sense. Glutamine aids in protein synthesis, and is the most abundant naturally occurring "non essential amino acid" int he human body. Or at least that's what the Google told me. It also tells me there are a ton of other health benefits.

For the most part I'd drop a scoop into my morning coffee, or Preworkout. And another scoop into my protein shake. I've even slammed a dry scoop into my mouth and chugged with water, with no issues taking it down! It literally had no flavor, was a very fine powder, and just a quality product. And it took me FOREVER to get through that tub!

EFFECTIVENESS- 9
Glutamine isn't an "instantly noticeable" supplement, but within a few days I felt a better quality and endurance during workouts. After about a week muscle soreness all but diminished entirely, and if I was sore it was not nearly as bad as it should've been! I didn't feel myself get any stronger, or build any muscle like creatine does, so there is that to consider. Seeing as how I'll be 41 years old in a few months, I'll take the decreased soreness over muscle strength any day! Besides, creatine is pretty cheap (as is this) so feel free to grab some and toss it in. I didn't get sick and my entire family did, so i do think there's something to be said about the increased immunity aspect. This is becoming a staple product for me, bottom line.

SIDE EFFECTS-10
None to report. Yes, ZERO side effects!

VALUE- 9.5
This is 5g per serving at 100 scoops/container. A can will set you back right around 20 dollars. Still not quiet as cheap as creatine but its not gonna break the bank either. And that can seemed to be bottomless for me!

OVERALL- 9.5
Great value for the versatility and effectiveness you get. I would use this as a staple over creatine, because (for this old man) muscle soreness and recovery is more important then strength and size. Nutrabio quality, and ease of dose/usage. What more can i say other then just grab some and enjoy the decreased Soreness!!!

February 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Immune Health

Hey everyone, here today to do a review for Nutrabio's recovery/immune supplement 100% L-Glutamine. Glutamine is one of those supplements that some people swear by and some people feel isn't very effective. On almost every account, I have always loved glutamine supplements and feel they really help me with recovery, muscle synthesis, and immune support. I do feel the quality of the glutamine is important, and have tried designer creatines and cheap bulk powders too. With Nutrabio's claim and reputation of quality I was expecting great things, and I wasn't disappointed. On to the review!

One ingredient, 5 g of Kyowa Quality Glutamine. Kyowa Quality is supposed to be a much more pure form of glutamine, and with the debate of how a lot of glutamine can't survive the gut a more bioavailable form of glutamine is nice. 5 g is the standard dosage of most glutamine supplements so the profile is a win.

I had the unflavored version which is nice because it makes it more versatile when adding to other things. Mixability was never an issue either when adding to any of my drinks. Dosing is 1-2 times a day for enhanced recovery and immune support. I always added to my preworkout and/or sleep aid and an extra scoop here or there if I was really sore. Pretty easy and versatile so nothing to complain about here either.

I use a lot of recovery supplements as staples because I'm old and hurt myself a lot. This includes protein, BCAAs, sleep aids, etc. Since these are staples however, I can judge the effectiveness of when I introduce something new. When using this product, I definitely felt better overall. My muscles seemed to recover really well, I saw some gains (of course this wasn't the only factor but provided a breeding ground), and my health seemed better overall. I general sense of well being and energy increased. I was definitely less sore, less aches, and was able to hit all my lifts better. My thought process of using this supplement was I could add it to my preworkout early in the morning to saturate my muscles and a catabolic state when I'm fasted training, I'd receive protein and it's glutamine throughout the day, and I would take another scoop with my sleep aid at night. Theoretically (and probably bro science), I'd be getting glutamine throughout the day to help my muscles. I really thought this protocol worked for me and I'll continue it in the future when possible. I really liked my run of this product.

Nutrabio is usually a little more expensive than the competition, but I find the value on this to be really good. $20 for 100 servings. Using two scoops per day that's almost two months of this product and for $20 and it's success for me I would definitely buy this again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really liked my run of this product. This really helped my recovery and it being a standalone unflavored product makes it very versatile. The value is strong and I highly recommend it.

January 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS.

I know a few people at my gym that use glutamine and rate it highly, so I decided to give this a shot since I had not used glutamine before. The fact that this product is also made by Nutrabio was also a plus since they have a great reputation for quality and transparency (and ranked #1 brand on SR.com).

This product contains 100% L-Glutamine from Kyowa Pharma Chemical Co. nothing else - no flavors or colorants. Enough said: pharma grade product.

I floored instructions and took 2 x 5g doses per day. I took mine pre-and post workout on workout days. Mixes in water quite easily, so I just threw it in my PWO and post workout BCAA drink. Its tasteless.

L-glutamine is an amino acid that is said to help reduce muscle breakdown by the body as it replaces glycogen used up in training. It is also claimed to reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness - typically experienced 2 days after an intense workout - especially with those new to weight training). During the time I ran this product I was on no other products other than protein shakes, BCAA, creatine and a PWO. I had recently run MK677/MK2866 (Ostarine) for about 8 weeks, and coming off that I had dropped 10lb (mostly muscle) in 10 days. So starting with the Glutamine, I was eating pretty clean, and 210-211lb, and 8.0-8.3% BF. I stayed the same weight and BF through the run, so i cant say that glutamine helped me add mass (or maybe it prevented me losing a little lean mass - cant say either way). What it did do is reduce DOMS. I have been mixing up my exercises a lot more recently, to keep the muscles guessing. I am also doing high reps and supersets/trisets for everything. I have used BCAAs to reduce DOMS for several years and they always work great. In hindsight, they probably reduced DOMS by about 70%. Using Glutamine, though, (along with BCAAs) the DOMS dropped to zero. I mean nothing. And I am hitting the weights hard.

I dont try glutamine without BCAA - that owl have been interesting to see the fact on DOMS. But since I will always take BCAA, there did not seem much point.

Cheapest available is Amazon at $19.99 for 500g, which if you are Prime member, is the cheapest way to go. That gives you 50 days dose at 40c per day. There are others slightly cheaper, but for an extra $1-2 I would go with Nutrabio.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I cant really say glutamine added mass or prevented muscle breakdown, but it definitely reduced DOMS for me. If you suffer with that, or are relatively new to hard weight training, then glutamine can be a great addition to your supplement regime.

January 9, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • Better Immune Health

Hello all, I'm back again. The good news is since this is a single ingredient product it should be a lot shorter than normal. Anyway, on to the information. I am a 45 year old who has been trying to lose 40#. While at the same time gain strength. I was using a super stack of product last month as I hadn't run a stack in a while and wanted to see the synergy between products. I was running Shaun T's Insanity program as well as getting in some bench and bicep stuff depending on how I felt. During this run I continued to drop weight and gain strength. I grabbed this as I hadn't run Glutamine in a long time and figured with the added stress it might be beneficial.

Pages 47 through 54

Lastly thank you NutraBio for allowing me to run this product. Also for being willing to participate in the SRTrooper program. Another shout out to the SRTrooper program which allows me and a bunch of other guys to try products that we find interesting.

Wow one measly ingredient? I am not sure how to handle this.

L-Glutamine (Kyowa Quality) (as 100% pure pharmaceutical grade) 5 Grams:
        Other Ingredients: ABSOLUTELY NONE (I had to put that, because I like Fully disclosed labels and NutraBIo is awesome at this)

If you want to know some more about L-Glutamine you can click on either link below. I guess you could also google it yourself. Research is easy and fun to do. The important thing for me is knowing this is a high quality product.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I asked for and received the Raw Unflavored version. It didn't change the taste of anything I put it into. I also did a few scoops directly into my mouth. I want to say it has a slight sweet taste but no flavor if that makes sense.

The mix-ability of this product was great. Now remember I am a shake and drink kind of guy and I use a shaker bottle with the metal whisk. But I had no clumping or settling issues.

The dosing for me was interesting. I originally wanted 3 per day as that is the top dose that they suggest. However in reality I think I ended up more in the 1 to 2 servings a day. I added it to my morning pre-workout and then when I remembered some other drink of the day. The times I shot it straight into my mouth I rinsed it down with water, which was normally before bed. They say to take this on an empty stomach, and honestly that would be an issue if I tried more than 2x a day. Even with my diet on check I'm eating something every few hours. I also want to say (in case you don't click the links) there can be build up of ammonia in your blood serum. But that is 51 grams for a 150# individual

So if you read the above article you would be thinking, why did I buy this? However it also says that it is good for intestinal and immune system health. Now to be honest what I was looking for was my immunity. Not that I get sick a lot, but the kids and wife have been bringing stuff home and I didn't want to slow down my progress. So as far as that goes, during my run of this.... Everyone in the family has been sick at least once if not twice, except me. No, I didn't go to a hotel when they got sick. Because I am the stay at home dad, I was bombarded with everything they brought home to me. I also was at a couple of classes where people where not healthy. I can not say that this is the only reason I didn't get sick, but I will say it probably had some involvement in it.

As of 1/9/2018 it is listed for $22.99, you can also use this link to get information from them on their product. They also have a 2500G container for $99.99 which would bring your price down to 20 cents a serving.

This is an old label but is listed at $19.99 on 1/9/2018.

I don't think this is a bad value. Compared to Prosource's house brand it is a little more as Prosource's run 16 cents a serving. So to me it is in the ballpark of a fair price. Depending on how much you use it can end up being a bigger chunk of your budget. Since I don't think I would make it a staple, I feel it's ok for what I used it for. A 50 day pick me up.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

So a short re-cap of this lone ingredient product. Will it build muscle? I'm not sure. Will it help your intestines and immune system? I think so. Once again I do not believe that I would make it a staple in my supplements (but then again I cycle everything). However I do think that if you knew you wanted to hit it harder than normal for a short term, or that you know you get sick a certain time of the year. You might just want to pick up a bottle and take a couple servings a day.

Overall
        Overall
        6.6
        5.7
          January 3, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Little Muscle Gain

What's up SR community I want to first thank NutraBio and SR for giving me the opportunity to review this supplement. Overall I have had some good experiences with the Nutrabio products so I decided to give their Pure Glutamine a try. I have had glutamine before through other products and while I can tell this product was working it didn't give the results I wanted or expected. I think the biggest positive effect I got from this product was an increase in endurance throughout my workouts, other than that I didn't see much change in muscle growth or immunity enhancement as the label claims.

Pure Glutamine (5g) - There are many benefits of glutamine supplementation either with a lean body building workout or if you are looking to gain muscle fast in the form of hypertrophy. Glutamine is readily used in the body to optimize the body performance in the aspects of immune health and preventing muscle breakdown. Since glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system it is important to have the levels in your body adequate enough so when you have those intense workouts your muscles are not using it all up and your immune system has enough to properly function. Secondly, glutamine is a great amino acid to stop the breakdown of muscle in your body. This is especially important because during intense workouts your body is rapidly using glutamine. Since this amino acid is one of the only ones in your body that specifically plays roles in both cellular support and muscle metabolism it is important that you have supplementation for the other areas of your body. Other areas that glutamine can help is in the process of "breaking down fat and losing muscle" otherwise known as lean muscle building.

The glutamine I received is unflavored which, as far as I have experienced, most glutamine powders are. I used this product on an empty stomach every morning as the label suggests with my protein shake. Overall I didn't notice any adverse mixing occurring in the shake. For dosing, I took one scoop, which is 5g, twice a day. I usually took it before I ate something so my stomach could be as empty as possible.

In this category I would live this product a "B-". Overall I think this was a solid product especially for the price you are paying and how long this would last you, but I have had other products that have worked slightly better in all areas. First Ill start by commenting on immune health. With the workouts I was doing and playing basketball throughout the week I was putting my body through a lot and needed a solid product to help my endurance and muscle performance. Unfortunately, there was little to no effect on immune health. I say this because I have been ill multiple times over the past month with the cold or just feeling generally "run down". I can't say that "Oh this product was supposed to prevent me from getting sick" but when you make claims that it can boost your immune health and I didn't notice much, that is when I can comment that there was some correlation while I was taking this product.

Muscle growth and endurance: this is the area where the effectiveness picks up a bit and what saved the product. I did notice a nice increase in endurance throughout my time with this product and I was able to lift and run multiple days in a row without my muscle completely shutting down on me. Endurance: I feel that it increased my endurance during each session but as I stated above overall at the end of 3 weeks I was feeling a little sluggish, and who knows maybe it was from the holiday food or maybe it was from the hard workouts. The endurance in each workout was adequate enough to do cardio before and after in addition to having about 1-1.5 hour long lifting workout. Muscle gain: This in result helped me, somewhat, gain muscle mass. Since my goal while taking this product was to gain muscle that is what I am basing most of the success on. I know that normally it takes about 6 weeks for there to be a noticeable hypertrophy change in muscle so that is why I can't completely write off this product. During this time I noticed the largest changed in my legs. Since I was working my legs more than normal this probably contributed to it more than anything.

There are some claims that this product does really well when trying to cut fat and gain lean muscle. I can't comment on that because that is not what I was intending to do, but in my research I did find quite a few studies suggesting that glutamine supplementation does help your body perform at optimal levels when performing workouts attempting to lose weight.

---Value----
        I found this product on several sites including bodybuilding.com for $19.99 for a 1.1lb tub which is 100 servings. This comes out to .20 per serving. Ideally this would last you about 50 days if you took it 2x per day. Some of the days I chose to take it up to 3x as if why I finished the tub a little faster. The product is also available on amazon.com for the same price but with prime there is no cost of shipping. Overall I think the value is pretty good considering how long a little 1.1 tub would last you if you chose to take it 2x/day.

Side Effects

increased bowel movements

Conclusion

This was a solid product and the value of it makes me want to think of giving it another try but for me it was only average. I don't' necessarily recommend trying this product because it was hit and miss for me but other people may have had other experiences. I think that if I do decided to try it again I will attempted a fat loss hypertrophy phase and see how my body responds.

As always Live Happy, Live healthy
        Dr.G.

LETS GO BUFFALO - 17 year drought snapped!

December 21, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Recovery
        • Mixes Perfectly

What's up guys?Here's a big shoutout to Nutrabio for putting another one of their products up for review and a big thanks to all the people at SR for making this review possible. I've never been a Glutamine guy, so I took this product to see if this was something I needed to permanently add to my stack. I used the recommended dose of 3-4 servings per day on an empty stomach for optimal results.

Short and Sweet!
          100 servings (5g a piece) of 100%pure Glutamine, No Fillers, No Additives, No Flavoring

Taste: This is the first unflavored supplement that I've had that doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. In that regard, it's a 10/10 as far as unflavored supplements go.

Mixibility: Dissolves instantaneously after 2-3 shakes in a blender bottle. I never had any issues with clumping or mixing.

Dosage: 1 scoop = 1 serving 3 times daily. I took mine in the morning/pre-workout, intra-workout, and at night/post workout. It couldn't be easier.

I can honestly say that I'm surprised how well it worked. After a week of using this product with my high training frequency I saw my muscle soreness become almost non existent. By the end of the month I realized that I never walked into the gym feeling fatigued. I was always 'fresh' and ready to go. It's really hard to explain, but I can assure you that this product was the main reason why. My body was able to take a major beating with morning workouts and afternoon workouts and recover faster than it ever has been able to before.

For $19.99 on Amazon you can get 100 5g servings. Even using it 3 times daily thats a month of Glutamine for $20. I think it's one of the better values on the market today. You really get a big bang for your buck.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a product that I would encourage everyone to add to their stack. I can really only say positive things about it. NutraBio made me a Glutamine believer.

October 21, 2016

• Mixes Perfectly

Its been awhile since ive used a pure glutamine supplement, I really have been pushing my body here lately so I thought I could benefit from a quality glutamine supplement and when you see Nutrabio on a supplement is usually a safe bet.

100 servings of 5grams of 100%pure Glutamine. No fillers, no flavoring, just pharmaceutical grade glutamine.

As far as unflavored supplements go this is about as close as you can get to actual flavorless. I mixed this in either water, with my preworkout, or my postworkout shake. The only one is was even remotely detectable in was plain water and it wasn't unpleasant at all. Mixing was always great, if you let it sit for too long it would settle at the bottom a little bit, but not an issue for me. I dosed this 3 scoops on training days and 2 on non training.

There are 3 claims on the bottle for this supplement. Supports Muscle Growth, Speeds Muscle Recovery, and Enhances Immune System. With the workouts I have been going though I needed all 3. I have been taking some milder PHs, and SARMs as well which always seem to play a factor in my immune system. As for muscle growth, I was taking a few other things so even though I did grow I cant say how much was this particular product.
            Muscle Recovery was great, I can say I felt this really helped in this aspect, DOMS were still there but reduced significantly. Was able to go from workout to workout without being hindered in what I could do.
            In the past when I was using PHs/SARMs I would regularly get sick or have some kind of infection pop up(staph infection twice) I made sure to pay more attention to wiping machines down and showering immediately after this go around. But I never got even the slightest bit down while on this. I felt really good in an overall sense, I never had any symptoms of even a cold or a hint of infections. The infection aspect can be attributed some to the carefulness I took with sanitation, but I feel like the glutamine played a good part.

I found this for 19.99 for a 100 serving tub. WIth Nutrabio you know you are getting quality and for a 100 servings of quality product I feel is a very good deal.

Side Effects

absolutely none

Conclusion

A simple but solid addition to any stack that can and will help regardless of your goals. Not much else to say Nutrabio continually puts out solid products whether it be stacks or single ingredient supps.

October 20, 2016

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Good Recovery
            • Mixes Perfectly

First I would like to thank NutraBio for sending this out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This wasn't marked as shipped on time so the review got cancelled automatically, but I definitely got the product haha overall I had nice recovery while using this supplement.

Kyowa Quality Glutamine....that's it lol A very good quality glutamine that has a nice texture and is 5g's per scoop. That's all I can really say about this portion honestly.

There really is no taste since it's unflavored. Dissolves perfectly and is perfect when combined with a flavored supplement such as creatine, BCAAs, or a PWO. Dosing was 2-3 scoops a day for me depending on what I ate and how hard I trained.

Worked perfect for my recovery. When I didn't have Glutamine for a bit I noticed my recovery wasn't as good after using PUR Athlete's Regenerate. Adding this back into the supplement cocktail increased my recovery, reduced soreness, and got my muscles ready for the next session basically. Loved this product and waiting to purchase this with some tribulus terrestris soon lol

$19.99 on a few websites is pretty awesome. You get quality glutamine from an amazing company, and the serving is 100 scoops per container. Two scoops a day makes it 50 servings which is normal for most. I'd say very worth the value you pay for this!

Side Effects

None it's an amino....

Conclusion

NutraBio did it for me again with this supplement and I really enjoyed the use of it with a variety of different drink mixes. Thanks again for allowing me to review this NutraBio!

9.2
                October 19, 2016

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Better Immune Health
              • Good Recovery
                First off I want to thank NutraBio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. When ever I get the chance to give any NutraBio products a try I am always up for it. Glutamine has become a product I have really started to like a lot. I never used to think glutamine was that important until I started to research it more. I feel glutamine should be more of a staple in your workout stacks especially if your a more serious type lift. Again this was one of those products from NutraBio I was not disappointed with at all and proved to me why this company is so good.

Ingredients:
                Nothing special here. You get 5g of glutamine (Kyowa Quality) 100% pure pharmaceutical grade. I also like that they use no extra fillers or additives. I also like that this is HPLC lab tested for potency. This is also made in GMP & FDA inspected facility. This is vegetable based, naturally fermented 100% L-Glutamine meaning it is not synthetic or made from human hair.

Value:
                The cheapest I could find this was on suppz.com for $19.99 for 100 servings. I think this is a really good deal for this many servings. This comes out to like .19 cents a serving.

Taste:
                You can get this in capsules or powder. I prefer powder over capsules because I think the powder gets into your system quicker. The powder in this is Raw unflavored. Pretty much no taste at all with this. Maybe just a little taste it had when I mixed it with my protein. It was just enough to know you had it in there with my protein but wont be anything that will really effect how the overall taste of your protein is.

Mixing/Dosing:
                Mixes really well had no real issue with it. I normally mixed this with my protein. The dosing for this is very simple. I normally used this post workout. There were a few times I would take this with my protein at night before bed. I would say post workout would be the best time to take this but you could pretty much take this any time of the day for that extra recovery.

Lately I have been using glutamine a lot more often. I use to feel that glutamine was one of those products that was good to use but not that important to use all the time. After doing some more research on this I have changed my mind on how important I think this is. I feel now this is a must have in your workout stack especially if you workout a lot like I do. I know when I stop using glutamine for awhile and then start taking it again I notice right away a lot of strength gains and my lifts seem to go up a bit. With this I did notice some decent strength gains from this. It was nothing super crazy like but enough to notice it was making a difference. Any kind of strength gains I can get are always nice to have and help me know the product is working for me at helping in that area. Also I felt my recovery was a lot better. I know my DOMS where a lot less and felt my recovery was much improved. With this product it is suppose to help with muscle growth, speed muscle recovery, and enhance immunity. I feel this really helped a lot in all of those areas. I really like how this helps with improving your overall immune system. Anything that helps with improving your immune system is nice because this time of year I usually have issues with getting some kind of a cold. When the weather starts changing and getting a little colder I usually get some kind of cold and I believe this really helped me so far at avoiding any unwanted colds so far. While taking this I felt a lot better overall and a little more healthy. I did notice as of lately I was starting to look a little more leaner and more muscular so I know this had to be helping some since that was one of the things this is suppose to help with. The reason I say that is because I was still keeping my same diet and not really changing anything up and noticed the difference and how I looked more leaner. I like that this is specially formulated for maximum absorption and bioavailability throughout your body. This means that scoop-for-scoop, more of the glutamine you consume will actually be processed and used by your body to help protect muscle and increase growth. I think by them doing that only helps make this that much better of a product.

Side Effects:
                Very minor side effects I noticed. This product helps you to increase some growth hormones (which is good) and because of that I did get a little bit of acne I was noticing in a few spots but it was very minor. I feel this is what was causing that but it was nothing I was to worried about considering how bad I break out when I use test boosters. Other than the little bit of acne there was nothing else I noticed.

Overall:
                What can I say another really solid product from NutraBio. Glutamine I feel now is a must have in your workout stack and should be used a lot more often than just once in awhile because of the things it does for your body. I would highly recommend checking this out if your in the need of a really good glutamine product. You can find this for a fairly cheap price and you get 100 servings which you can't go wrong with that. With as hard and heavy as I have been lifting lately this has been a life safer on my body and aided me in a lot better recovery and made me feel overall that much better. This is a product I would for sure use again. With the way this company makes their products and how well they work has made this one of my favorite supplement companies out there and recommend people checkout their other products also. Again I want to thank Tim and the NutraBio team for making another great product and letting us have the chance to try this.