Extreme Mass Reviews

By: NutraBio

Extreme Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by NutraBio. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

January 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Digestion Issues
Thank you to NutraBio for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try many products in their line, including Extreme Mass.

Overall: 8

This is no doubt a quality gainer. 650 quality calories, with little saturated fat, and no fillers. The label is fully disclosed, with a taste and mix ability as easy to swallow as it is to read the label. The price is a little steep, which you will find with most gainers, but this isn't easy to find and is not yes readily available at most online retailers. This incurs a slightly higher price tag than most, and you have to decide if it is worth it, depending on your needs.

Profile: 10

Solid, clean, and concise. For the price, I would like to see some things added, creatine, or some added recovery profile. But as far as straight gainer quality, its pretty darn good.

Dosing: 7

Four scoops equals a serving. I opted to break the servings in half, which still provided 325 calories, 26.5 grams of protein. Ample for meal replacement or to hit a caloric surplus if your counting macros. At some point I would like to see a more concentrated gainer, to which it wouldn't take four heaping scoops to acquire a serving. but I am certain that is easier in theory than practicality.

Taste: 7

Chocolate... the taste was slightly faint, not over powering, but not quite enough for my liking. Without adding more sugar and fat, it was satisfactory though. A few times I mixed it in with some goodies, fat free frozen yogurt and coconut, and it was excellent. The texture is spot on, not too thick, even at the four required scoops, provided you added enough liquid. My preference, 1% milk for an optimal shake.

Effectiveness: 8

I used this on a slight bulk, meeting my caloric needs through whole foods, and then using this as a surplus in between meals, or first thing in the morning, or right before bed. This helped me add a few pounds and cushion to my frame without mush fat gain. I did extend this usage by breaking up the servings.

Value: 6

The value will truly be determined by your needs. I firmly believe all caloric and protein "needs" should be met with whole food ingestion if possible. I know first hand that it can be difficult at times, and that is where a product like this can be very useful. If you are a hard gainer, you may be able to go else where for less money, if your body can afford the exception of quality that this provides. But if you are truly watching everything that you ingest, and truly think that you need a gainer to meet your goals, this is a solid choice. If you can afford it. But at $42 dollars for only 16 servings, that's pretty steep. Breaking up the servings in half, and extending the life will increase your value, but does you no good unless 325 calories and 26.5 grams of protein will meet or exceed your daily caloric intake. Once this becomes readily available, or goes on sale, I think its a solid choice. I simply cant see it being a monthly staple at the current price. Once again, NutraBio delivers some of the cleanest products to date, with full label disclosures, but this one comes at a cost.

October 18, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Digestion Issues
Special thanks to the Nutrabio reps for sending what seemed like an endless selection of products to try.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with gainers. I like the fact they're dense in calories & other goodies, but hate the fact you get so little servings per tub for an elevated price. I like the fact I can chug a drink & essentially get a small meal in, but hate the fact I need to break out the blender if I want to use a full serving in one shot. It goes forever like this. I won't go out & buy a gainer with my own money, but something in me can't resist the opportunity when one pops up for the ERs.

PROFILE: A

When it comes to gainers, Extreme Mass scores high...well, most Nutrabio products would score high. Once again, the fact that the label is fully disclosed & that there are next to no fillers makes for a good score. Looking at how each aspect of the profile breaks down is always great, & when you see just what exactly you're getting it makes you smile a bit.

The ingredient profile itself is solid, & pretty much what you would expect. There really are no frills or silly prop blends, just ingredients listed plain as day. Only point of contention I can see would be the carbohydrates, of which there are 100g of them. I personally don't mind the carb count, but I do understand not everyone appreciates em.

TASTE: B

I received the chocolate flavor, & it tasted enough like chocolate. Not the best, but not the worst. I rarely drank Extreme Mass on its own, so maybe my grade for it isn't the best. However, I feel it complimented whatever I threw into my monster shakes real well.

MIXABLITY: A

*NOTE: I primarily used a blender, since there's no way in hell you're going to be able to throw all four scoops plus adequate liquid in a shaker cup & get a drinkable drink. Some things just aren't meant to be.

That being said, it was easy to throw 8oz of water or almond milk into a blender with all four scoops.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

No digestion issues at all.

While using this I did manage to gain weight, though I have no issues packing on pounds on my own. My diet remained largely unchanged save for the addition of Extreme Mass. I started my "run" at 245lbs more or less, & when I finished I was floating around 250lbs. My physique didn't suffer too badly, which isn't a bad thing.

Overall Extreme Mass did exactly what a gainer should: help you gain weight. The quality of that weight is entirely up to the individual.

VALUE: C

Yes, despite all the glories of quality ingredients & label transparency Extreme Mass is still very much overpriced in my opinion at roughly $42. One six pound jug will get you 15 servings, one day over two weeks of continuous use. You can cut the servings in half & get double the servings, but even then it's $42 for 30 days.

It is my belief that all gainers, by nature are going to be overpriced. Yes you are getting a lot of calories & whatnot, but as many on this site have stated you can make your own for less coin.

OVERALL: B

In reality the only thing holding back Extreme Mass is the price. It's a good product with quality ingredients, you know exactly what you're getting, but you are going to overpay for it.

Still, if gainers are your thing Extreme Mass is hard to pass up.