EAA Pure Reviews

By: NutraBio

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 4)
Click here to show all EAA Pure reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  October 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery

Quality BCAA with added EAAs

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today for our friends over at NutraBio. My quest for the best BCAA supplement will never be satisfied so I'll always be looking for something better. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR as always for making this review possible and without further delay lets get right into it.

3g of Leucine
    1.5g of Isoleucine
    1.5g of Valine
    These are the three amino acids that everybody has heard of. Known as BCAAs they can help prevent muscle breakdown, be converted to energy, or facilitate protein synthesis to rebuild your muscles as they're breaking down. You get them in your foods, but it's always nice to supplement them into your diet for added benefits. This is in the classic 2:1:1 BCAA ratio seen in most BCAA products and totals to 6g of BCAAs. Automatically gets a major plus for me as 5g of BCAAs are the bare minimum as an effective dose.

850mg of Lysine HCl: Lysine enhances calcium absorption and helps maintain lean body mass in strenuous training. It's not in the majority of BCAA products that I have used, so I like seeing almost 1g on the album.

850mg of Threonine: used in the biosynthesis of proteins, mainly used in the absorption of protein, maintenance of muscle and important to good health

300mg DL Phenylalanine: Boost your mood, support alertness, and maintain a healthy appetite

100mg of Histidine: This supplies an increased concentration of Carnosine in the muscle is particularly useful for bodybuilding. Carnosine is typically found in type II "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

75mg of Tryptophan: an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress

25mg of Methionine: It serves as a powerful antioxidant, assists in the breakdown of fats, and helps inactivate free radicals

1200mg of Taurine: It is known to help aid in blood flow and metabolism

600mg of Alanine: Alanine plays a major role in transferring nitrogen from tissue sites in the body to the liver. Alanine is also used by the body to draw upon blood sugar as an energy source.

500mg of Coconut Water Powder: Definitely plays a role in hydration

50mg of Astragin: Astragin is like a supplement for your supplements. When i've taken it in higher dosages as a separate supplement it feels to me that it makes all of my other supplements better or more noticeable, like when taken with beta alanine for instance, it can increase your tingles with the same amount of beta-alanine being used as before.

As far as the dosages go for all of the essential amino acids, they're not all clinically dosed BUT most have enough in there to make a positive impact.I like seeing all those things on the label alongside 6g of quality BCAAs

Taste: Cherry limeade, Good but not great! Refreshing taste that never got bad, but wasn't unique enough to 'look forward to drinking it' if you know what i mean.

Mixibilty: No issues to report, give it a few good shakes and it will all dissolve

Dosage: During this run, I used 1 serving per day and also mixed it up and tried 2 servings a day to try and see a difference.

1 serving:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was impacted in a positive way. I woke up feeling less beat up and a little more refreshed. Were all of my DOMs gone? No, but it definitely helped take the edge off.

2 servings:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was noticeably lessened even more on the days I used 2 servings of the product. Without question, it made a difference that I could feel from day to day. My workout intensity was kept constant throughout the trial.

Hydration and Recovery were the same for 1-2 servings unless otherwise noted:
    Hydration: I've never had any real issues with hydration or cramping so it was really hard for me to tell if anything changed in this area. I'd like to think that the coconut powder and other ingredients aided in my body's hydration which in turn could've helped me recover better.

Building muscle and overall recovery: I've never been completely sold on the whole BCAAs muscle rebuilding thing, but I've never been a hater either. I take BCAAs mainly for their potential impact on DOMs and as far as muscle building goes It's one of those things that can only help so why not take them. I'm currently in a caloric surplus so i'm getting big amounts of protein everyday from my diet. I only say this because a lot of excess gets discarded by the body or sometimes utilized as energy and doesn't really do a whole lot on the muscle building side of things. I think they do more in the category of helping to prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism), but I do think that people on a cut (in a steady caloric deficit/trying to lose weight) would see the muscle protecting and building properties of BCAAs more noticeably. I also think the value of products like BCAAs increase when you are cutting vs when you are bulking in a caloric surplus. BUT on another note! I felt like these definitely impacted my overall recovery in a positive way. When I upped the dosage the recovery benefits increased accordingly becoming more profound and noticeable. All in all it was a solid product.

$29.99 seems to be the trending price for this product and Can only be found at brick and mortar stores. That comes out to $1 per serving, which isn't the best price for a BCAA product, but with all the other added EAAs and the 6g BCAA dosage per serving, I think it justifies its' price tag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another quality product from NutraBio that can help jumpstart your recovery in the right direction.

• dmf8625
      October 30, 2018

If I'm not mistaken, this product can only be purchased from brick and mortar locations at this time. The product/price you saw on BB.com was likely for the ENERGY version of this supplement.

• Clipper83
      October 30, 2018

Yeah not a bad review, just change the value section

• workoutguru
      October 30, 2018

Yes the EEA PURE is only available at brick and mortar stores and the EAA Energy is only available at bb.com

• Rep for this Brand
      October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review!! Yes, EAA Pure is brick and mortar exclusive and EAA Energy is Bodybuilding.com exclusive.

• BlakePullen
      October 30, 2018

Fixed, I searched EAA pure and saw EAA on bodybuilding.com so I just went with that but I didn't read the "energy" that was under the EAA. (It was really late lol)