EAA Pure Reviews

By: NutraBio

EAA Pure is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

January 8, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Hydration
  • Better Endurance
  • Can Only Be Purchased At Brick And Mortar Stores

Nutrabio is always killing it with some kind of new product and this is no different. Huge apology first to Nutrabio for taking so long to get this review out. New job and New changes to the site here and before I knew it , time just got away. Anyway back on topic. Seeing tons of new Bcaa type product's coming out from every supplement company here lately. Then all these new studies started showing how important EAA's are,, well what do you know Nutrabio come's out with this bad boy.

41 year old male that enjoy's heavy lifting, hard workout's, putting in long hrs at work and throwing back a few beer's here and there, So yea I might not be on the cover of fitness magazine's, I do work hard and play hard. So having a good Bcaa for recovery to me is a huge importance.

First off you will notice you have literally almost everything listed as high quality HPLC ingredient's.
9 Essential Aminos Acids (8G)
Fermented BCAAs (6G)
Full Spectrum Amino Acids (10G)
Astragin for Enhanced Absorption
Coconut Water Powder for Muscle Hydration
Non-GMO | Gluten Free | Vegetarian | Kosher
Nutrabio has put everything you need and absolutely nothing you do not need!
There really is not much to say about this profile it is pretty much perfect for what it is intended for.

I had cherry/limeade and it was really good. Really did well on this flavor. It mixed really well and there was a touch of settling but it was not bad at all.

The main thing I noticed immediately was the ability to sip on this during a workout and have my thirst quenched . It was really satisfying. Next was the added hydration and the decrease in DOMS. Also something I used it for was while at work to sip on. On more than a few occasion's I was starting to get a headache and took this out and chugged a shaker bottle and in just a few minutes my headache was gone. Now this may not be much but I did find that interesting. Having this while on the keto diet is a godsend, I will not go into detail but this has helped in so many ways.
If you want a hydrating , repairing, well absorbing supplement that taste good and mixes well this is your pick.

It run's around 27 bucks for 30 serving's which is about a typical price for a top tier product. But there are some good coupon's, especially if you are a member of the Nutrabio crew on their facebook group and Nutrabio run's some sale's every so often.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Nutrabio is coming out with more and more product's that will continue to make other brand's chase their tail. I have enjoyed just about every product from them and this is no different. Well done.
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10

November 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Hydration
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery
  • Can Only Be Purchased At Brick And Mortar Stores

A great BCAA + EAA complex with hydration ingredients for great recovery.

Hey SR, it was a priority for me to get this review in, as it was a great product I received from the TROOP program. I have been doing a ketosis/IF diet for awhile now, and always look for an amino product to help with recovery and staying out of a catabolic state is very important. A lot of these products now come with a lot of extras like hydration, pump, caffeine, etc. and it's a crowded market. Even so, I thought this stood out.

This has a great profile. I have taken amino supplements that are just your basic BCAAs, BCAAs plus extras, and BCAA+EAAs that have a more complete amino profile. I have always found that a complete amino profile always helped my recovery more than just BCAA's alone. This includes 6 grams of BCAAs in the preferred 2:1 ratio, and then we have an HPLC quality EAA complex of Lysine, Histadine, etc. A good dose of Taurine at 1.6 grams, 600 mg of Alanine, and then 500 mg of coconut water for even better hydration. To round it all off, 50 mg of Astragin and this is an impressive profile. Considering my success with amino complexes before and NutraBios well known quality, I was excited to give this a try.

Mixability was pretty good, some foaming. Dosing is whenever you need them, I usually took as an intra or in the late afternoon. I had the cherry limeade flavor and it pretty good too, nothing to write home about but I never tired of it either.

This worked extremely well for me, much better than a basic BCAA supplement. I had a very noticeable decline in DOMS which made it easier to hit the gym harder the next day. Even with the carb control, fasting, and cutting, I maintained my muscle mass and did not lose any strength. I am doing a lot of cardio at the moment and always felt very hydrated and this did a good job providing the electrolytes and hydration to keep my body balanced. Overall, this product delivered on every aspect it advertised and I was looking for in terms of enhanced recovery, hydration, and muscle preservation.

At the moment, this is worst part of this product. You can get a similar product to this, EAA energy for $30 for 30 servings. However, EAA Pure is only sold at select brick and mortar stores. Unfortunately, none are around me. Nutrabio does a good job of keeping their pricing consistent, so I expect this to have a similar value at about $1/serving. If it's at this price, it's definitely a winner. I hope distribution and availability widens for this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you've never tried a full amino product in comparison to a basic BCAA, give this a try, it works great for recovery and hydration.

November 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Can Only Be Purchased At Brick And Mortar Stores

Just your normal BCAA product with EAA's added and some other goodies for hydration.

First off I want to thank NutraBio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. When I heard this was coming out I was pretty excited about wanting to try it. Since this was only going to be available at brick and mortar stores I figured I would probably never get the chance to try this since I have no kind of brick and mortar store around where I live or close by. Also I figured this would probably not show up on the trooper list either and then it just happened to show up and I claimed it right away. Before this came out I heard a little bit about it and it really got my interested in wanting to try this. I will say it is kind of nice to change things up a little by having the EAA along with the BCAA's.

This contains 14g of fully dosed active ingredients with no fillers, excipients, or additives. There are 10g of full spectrum amino acids, with 8g of all 9 essential amino acids and 6g fermented BCAA's with a 2:1:1 ratio. Here is a little better breakdown of what the other ingredients are and do for you.

Lysine HCl 850mg: Lysine enhances calcium absorption and helps maintain lean body mass in strenuous training. It's not in the majority of BCAA products that I have used, so I like seeing almost 1g on the album.

Threonine 850mg: used in the biosynthesis of proteins, mainly used in the absorption of protein, maintenance of muscle and important to good health

DL Phenylalanine 300mg: Boost your mood, support alertness, and maintain a healthy appetite

Histidine 100mg: This supplies an increased concentration of Carnosine in the muscle is particularly useful for bodybuilding. Carnosine is typically found in type II "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

Tryptophan 75mg: an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress

Methionine 25mg: It serves as a powerful antioxidant, assists in the breakdown of fats, and helps inactivate free radicals

Taurine 1200mg: It is known to help aid in blood flow and metabolism

Alanine 600mg: Helps in transferring nitrogen from tissue sites in the body to the liver. Alanine is also used by the body to draw upon blood sugar as an energy source.

Coconut Water Powder 500mg: Helps with hydration

Astragin 50mg: Astragin is like a supplement for your supplements. When i've taken it in higher dosages as a separate supplement it feels to me that it makes all of my other supplements better or more noticeable, like when taken with beta alanine for instance, it can increase your tingles with the same amount of beta-alanine being used as before.

I got there new flavor cherry limeade. I thought it was decent. It was nothing real great but not horrible either. Depending on how much water I used really helped in how strong this tasted. I found I needed to us a lot of water with this so it was not as strong for me. Also depending how thirsty I was had a lot to do how this tasted for me. The limeade part I thought made this a little to bitter and tart for me. When I did not use enough water either it seemed a bit to sweet and a little tart for me. I have heard the blue raspberry is really good and even a little better than the cherry limeade and really wish I had gotten that instead.

Mixing was really good with this. Seemed to mix really nicely and had no left over sediment on the sides of my shaker cup. I would use just one scoop during my workout. It would have been kind of nice to have tried two scoops just to see how that would have worked because I think it would have been a really good.

I feel the biggest thing I got out of this besides good recovery was how well this helped me endurance wise. There were a lot times when I would really feel winded after some of my much more intense workouts. For example on leg day I decided to change up my workout a bit and do a lot more reps and sets on leg press. I was doing 20-25 rep range on each set and doing fairly heavy weight. After each set I would feel really winded and felt really out of it and after using this I feel it really helped me to recovery a lot quicker so I could keep going and still be able to do all my sets. I would usually do about 5 or 6 sets of 20-25 reps. Also on some of my really intense back workouts I would start to feel rather winded also and feel this really helped calm my heavy breathing down and helped me to be able to keep going and be able to take a lot less time between my sets. So for endurance wise I feel this is really good at helping you with that.

I do feel my overall recovery from this was pretty good also. I noticed any DOMs I would get were very much reduced. I know on some days there were still noticeable but way less than if I would have not used this. I just seemed to feel a lot better each day when I would wake up which was nice. Any soreness I might of had did not seem to last very long which was nice. I feel this really helps to prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism) in your body. Also I feel this really helped keep me a lot more hydrated because I noticed I did not feel as thirsty through out the day to where I needed to keep drinking a lot of water. Also I noticed I did not need to fill my shaker bottle up as much with water and had no issues at all with any cramping. Also like the use of astragin to help with better absorption. So overall this will keep you feeling a lot more hydrated. Also I felt this was really great on my stomach and never caused me any upset stomach issues which was nice.

One thing I never knew until just recently is that your body can't produce EAA's you have take them internally. I do think having both the BCAA's and EAA's together is a really big plus and adds a lot more to your recovery product. Nutrabio has a regular amino product for intra workout called Intra Blast and the ingredient profile has a lot of the same stuff it in but Intra Blast has just a few more things in it. Not a lot of difference between the two so deciding which one you should use more so is a good question to ask. The big difference between the two I would say is the Intra Blast I would say should be used by someone that is more into serious lifting/bodybuilding and the EAA will help you more in the endurance part. Between the two of these products they are both really great just that the EAA is a little cheaper so if you don't have the extra funds to spend this is a great choice to go with. They also make this in an energy version which I think would have been really good also and would have gotten that instead but since I needed another intra workout product to use getting that with extra caffeine would have been to much since I was all ready getting a large amount from my pre-workout.

It's looking like around $29.99 this is selling for but not for sure on that. This product can only be found at brick and mortar stores and since I have not been to any of those stores I can't really know for sure what this is selling for at these stores. If this around that price I would say that is not to bad considering you are getting a lot of other stuff besides just BCAA's. It would be nice at some point if they could expand this to other places along with their own website you could purchase this from.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

With another new product from NutraBio they delivered just as promised and did not disappoint at all with this product. I was rather pleased with this product and how well it worked for me. I really liked the added EAA's in this for the extra benefits you can't get from just BCAA's alone. I feel this did everything I look for in an intra workout product. I think the ingredient profile for this is loaded with a lot of really good stuff in here and how well everything is dosed I think is pretty decent. I would highly recommend this product and for the price it's more than worth it. Like I said above if your a little low on funds this is still a good opinion if you can't afford the intra blast. The only down side is that you can only purchase this at brick and mortar stores so that does make it a little harder to find. I know for me it would be really hard to get again since I have no brick and mortar stores where I live or close by other wise I would be more than happy to use this again. Again I want to give a big shoutout to NutraBio for making this product and letting me have the chance to give this a try.
  • Cherry Limeade: 7/10

October 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery

Quality BCAA with added EAAs

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today for our friends over at NutraBio. My quest for the best BCAA supplement will never be satisfied so I'll always be looking for something better. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR as always for making this review possible and without further delay lets get right into it.

3g of Leucine
    1.5g of Isoleucine
    1.5g of Valine
    These are the three amino acids that everybody has heard of. Known as BCAAs they can help prevent muscle breakdown, be converted to energy, or facilitate protein synthesis to rebuild your muscles as they're breaking down. You get them in your foods, but it's always nice to supplement them into your diet for added benefits. This is in the classic 2:1:1 BCAA ratio seen in most BCAA products and totals to 6g of BCAAs. Automatically gets a major plus for me as 5g of BCAAs are the bare minimum as an effective dose.

850mg of Lysine HCl: Lysine enhances calcium absorption and helps maintain lean body mass in strenuous training. It's not in the majority of BCAA products that I have used, so I like seeing almost 1g on the album.

850mg of Threonine: used in the biosynthesis of proteins, mainly used in the absorption of protein, maintenance of muscle and important to good health

300mg DL Phenylalanine: Boost your mood, support alertness, and maintain a healthy appetite

100mg of Histidine: This supplies an increased concentration of Carnosine in the muscle is particularly useful for bodybuilding. Carnosine is typically found in type II "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

75mg of Tryptophan: an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress

25mg of Methionine: It serves as a powerful antioxidant, assists in the breakdown of fats, and helps inactivate free radicals

1200mg of Taurine: It is known to help aid in blood flow and metabolism

600mg of Alanine: Alanine plays a major role in transferring nitrogen from tissue sites in the body to the liver. Alanine is also used by the body to draw upon blood sugar as an energy source.

500mg of Coconut Water Powder: Definitely plays a role in hydration

50mg of Astragin: Astragin is like a supplement for your supplements. When i've taken it in higher dosages as a separate supplement it feels to me that it makes all of my other supplements better or more noticeable, like when taken with beta alanine for instance, it can increase your tingles with the same amount of beta-alanine being used as before.

As far as the dosages go for all of the essential amino acids, they're not all clinically dosed BUT most have enough in there to make a positive impact.I like seeing all those things on the label alongside 6g of quality BCAAs

Taste: Cherry limeade, Good but not great! Refreshing taste that never got bad, but wasn't unique enough to 'look forward to drinking it' if you know what i mean.

Mixibilty: No issues to report, give it a few good shakes and it will all dissolve

Dosage: During this run, I used 1 serving per day and also mixed it up and tried 2 servings a day to try and see a difference.

1 serving:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was impacted in a positive way. I woke up feeling less beat up and a little more refreshed. Were all of my DOMs gone? No, but it definitely helped take the edge off.

2 servings:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was noticeably lessened even more on the days I used 2 servings of the product. Without question, it made a difference that I could feel from day to day. My workout intensity was kept constant throughout the trial.

Hydration and Recovery were the same for 1-2 servings unless otherwise noted:
    Hydration: I've never had any real issues with hydration or cramping so it was really hard for me to tell if anything changed in this area. I'd like to think that the coconut powder and other ingredients aided in my body's hydration which in turn could've helped me recover better.

Building muscle and overall recovery: I've never been completely sold on the whole BCAAs muscle rebuilding thing, but I've never been a hater either. I take BCAAs mainly for their potential impact on DOMs and as far as muscle building goes It's one of those things that can only help so why not take them. I'm currently in a caloric surplus so i'm getting big amounts of protein everyday from my diet. I only say this because a lot of excess gets discarded by the body or sometimes utilized as energy and doesn't really do a whole lot on the muscle building side of things. I think they do more in the category of helping to prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism), but I do think that people on a cut (in a steady caloric deficit/trying to lose weight) would see the muscle protecting and building properties of BCAAs more noticeably. I also think the value of products like BCAAs increase when you are cutting vs when you are bulking in a caloric surplus. BUT on another note! I felt like these definitely impacted my overall recovery in a positive way. When I upped the dosage the recovery benefits increased accordingly becoming more profound and noticeable. All in all it was a solid product.

$29.99 seems to be the trending price for this product and Can only be found at brick and mortar stores. That comes out to $1 per serving, which isn't the best price for a BCAA product, but with all the other added EAAs and the 6g BCAA dosage per serving, I think it justifies its' price tag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another quality product from NutraBio that can help jumpstart your recovery in the right direction.