DHEA Reviews

By: NutraBio

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
DHEA is a Prohormone manufactured by NutraBio. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

November 14, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
    • No Hormonal Effect At All
    • No Muscle Mass Increase
    • No Androgenic Effect
    First and foremost Id like to thank the good guys over at Nutrabio for providing me several products to try out. Today's review is on Nutrabio's DHEA. I will not be going into scientific jargon about dhea and what it potentially converts to and all that, as that is not my strong point. I can only provide you all with my personal experience and that is exactly what this review is for.

Profile: n/a
    Not much to say here. I was given the powder and capped version of DHEA, and that is exactly the only thing it contains.
    The powder version has 25mg per serving
    The capped version has 100mg per serving
    After trying several products from Nutrabio, I can confirm that they hold their products to the highest level of purity and I have no doubt their DHEA is as pure as it gets.

I really cant say that this had any positive or negative effects on me. I started with 200mg a day split into two doses and worked my way up to 500mg a day. I saw no changes in physical appearance, no notable strength gains, or anything that would indicate healthier/higher testosterone levels. I also did not see any negative effects, which is always a good thing.
    I kept the rating at a 5/10 simply because I know several older men who swear by dhea, and I trust their word that it works for them. That being said, Nutrabio's brand would be a great option for those that dhea works for.

$110 for 4000 - 25mg servings (Powder)
    $17 for 60 - 100mg caps
    So anyway you break it down its more expensive than your typical dhea. However, one must take into account purity and where the dhea is sourced from, and there is no doubt in my mind that Nutrabio's version is of the utmost quality.
    That being said, I believe if dhea is effective for you than this product is about as good as it gets in terms of oral supplementation. On the other hand, if you are like me and dont respond/dont need it, then the value is pretty much nonexistent. Once again I rated it 5/10 simply due to the quality of the product and the potential it has to work for SOME people.

If you have responded well to dhea in the past then this product deserves a serious look at.

2.0
      October 24, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • There's A Lot Of It!
    • No Hormonal Effect At All
    • No Muscle Mass Increase
    • No Androgenic Effect
    I have a hard time with DHEA supplementation. I'm pretty sure I'm a non-responder to it. Either that, or it does some weird conversions, and flips and flops around in my blood, and just messes with me.

I was given the opportunity to try out NutraBio's DHEA powder, and I've tried DHEA in the past, and I typically just end up with higher DHT levels, which means less hair on my head. I also haven't really felt the effects of the DHT on the anabolic side of things. That was on other brands of DHEA, and knowing the quality of the labs that NutraBio runs, and the purity of their product I thought I would give this a try.

Unfortunately, my experiences were no different than before.

As for the product itself, here's some of the basics:

Taste - it's a powder that contains no fillers, and really has no taste at all. The serving size is extremely small, as they state it should be 25mg per serving. It won't really effect the taste of anything you mix it into.

Mixability - It's a bit hard to mix into water or liquids, as the powder is slightly large, and doesn't dissolve immediately. If you use a shaker cup, it will stay a bit clumpy, but I typically mix mine in a magic bullet which takes care of that issue. So it's not the best, but also not the worst.

Purity - I have to say that this is "probably" very pure. I trust nutrabio, based upon other products that I have tried from them, including the Agmatine, CGT Max & unflavored protein, which were all of top quality. Since I'm going to write about not receiving much benefit from the product, purity isn't really and issue I can speak directly to, because regardless of the purity, it just didn't work. But that's no different than other brands of DHEA.

Effectiveness - So here's where my issue lies. I've been taking DHEA for 60 days now. I started with 200mg per day 2x per day. This is around the standard dosage recommended for a male of my size. I've read anywhere from 300-600mg is an effective dosage per day. I did this for 1 month. During which time, I saw no discernible increase in muscle mass, or strength directly related to the DHEA. My waistline did not decrease, which would be a clear sign of increased androgenic reactions in my body. I wasn't more aggressive, nor did my testosterone increase over this time. My levels stayed within normal variance of around +/- 30ng/dL during a starting test and a finishing test, done at the beginning, and then very recently. During the second month, I even increased my dosage to 300mg 2x per day, to the maximum 600mg per day. Again, no adjustment in any hormonal numbers to speak of, and no signs of function in my system. I can honestly say, I didn't get anything from the DHEA from an effective stand point.

Value - I know you're probably reading this review, and saying, how can you then put any value to this supplement at all?? Here is my issue. I've read case studies, seen logs, had friends who've posted blood results, and Dr's who swear by DHEA supplementation as you age. It's one of the reasons I was so willing to give it a go again. I'm 7 years older than the last time I tried a DHEA supplement. So it was worth a shot, to see if my system had changed. I personally didn't get anything out of this, but I know people that have. So there has to be some value to it for another user. So I've put this rating as a 4 in the system, but I do have to note, the bottle of 100G costs $110. Now, that's 4000 servings at 25mg. It's still 400 servings at 250 mg. That's a heck of a lot of this stuff.....like a massive amount. I could never finish this bottle. I personally wouldn't try, but I know that some guys out there might be able to over almost a year. I did a preliminary search, and there are some companies out there that sell bulk DHEA powders, but reading upon them, they come from other sources. They're either not manufactured in the US, or not produced by the companies that sell that. That's one of the major benefits of buying from NutraBio. Their lab produces all their compounds, and they're all produced in an FDA inspected facility. So from a value proposition, $110 is on the high side, but for basically 6 months worth of the product, and coming from a reliable facility, it does have some value. How much a value, depends on if you respond to the DHEA.

So would I buy this product again?? No way. Would I suggest someone else buy it?? I can't say that I would personally.

If someone who liked DHEA from other suppliers asked me where to find quality products, I would say NutraBio. So that's where my review stands. I personally don't like it, but it doesn't mean it's bad.

Oh, and for honesty, I have not completed the bottle. I have completed enough to be able to write this review.