100% Pure Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: NutraBio

Creatine > Monohydrate
100% Pure Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by NutraBio. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

9.2
  October 12, 2018

• Builds Strength
  • Tastes Good

This was a product I did not get off the trooper list I had purchased this on my own. I had been off creatine for a bit longer than I wanted to be and really could tell I had not been on it for awhile. I noticed my workouts were not going as good and was struggling a bit more with them and it was not as enjoyable. I was really hoping and waiting that some kind of creatine product might show up on the trooper list and nothing was showing up so I decided to search for some different creatine products I could try. I remember there was this product which I had not tried yet and knew that the reviews for it on here were all pretty good so I decided to give this a try. I was kind wanting to stay away from creatine Mono just because I tend to bloat a lot while using that but do remember reading on a lot of the reviews that a lot of the people did not notice much with bloating and that got to me want this even more so now.

You get 5g PharmaPure creatine monohydrate per scoop. No fillers, No excipients, and No prop blends. This helps boost ATP & energy output. Increases muscle size & strength. HPLC lab tested for potency.

Here are some of the benefits of NutraBio Creatine Monohydrate Powder I found on their website
    Micronized to 200 mesh providing easier, faster and complete mixing.
    Twenty times more surface area than regular creatine.
    Dissolves easily with No Stomach Discomfort or Cramps.
    Volumize muscle size improving strength and power.
    Buffers lactic acid for added reps and more intense workouts.
    No cramping or upset stomach.

Also here is some more info I found on their website that I thought was good to share about this.
    The purest Creatine Mono Available!
    Since 1996, NutraBio has sold only the purest supplements. Every batch is tested to be at least 99.98% pure or we won't ship it to you, that's our quality commitment. We manufacture here in the United States to meet FDA 21 CFR Part 111 CGMP regulations and all ingredients undergo state-of-the-art analysis to insure zero tolerance for impurities. We ship our products direct to you which guarantees the freshness.

What is Creatine Monohydrate?
    Creatine is a precursor to the bio-energetic fuel creatine phosphate, which replenishes cellular ATP (adenosine triphosphate) levels during maximum intensity contractions. Supplementing with creatine can increase levels of creatine phosphate in the muscle improving work output capacity, power, recovery and muscle hydration. When muscles are hydrated, muscle catabolism (breakdown) is minimized.

Creatine Boosts Muscle Strength, Size, and Endurance:
    Creatine is one of the most researched and important sports supplements today. It has become a must for athletes wanting to increase workout intensity while delaying the onset of fatigue. Research has shown that supplementing with creatine can boost muscle size, strength and endurance, improve athletic performance, and speed muscle recovery. Saturating your muscles with creatine improves your body's ability to quickly replenish and recycle ATP, which increases muscle energy and delays muscle fatigue. Studies show that when athletes supplement with creatine while weight training, they can quickly gain lean body mass and strength.

Creatine may Act as a Lactic Acid Buffer Improve Exercise Recovery Time:
    Lactic acid is a bi-product from anaerobic (without oxygen) exercise, such as weight training. Lactic acid is responsible for the 'burning' sensation when the muscle becomes fatigued. When you cannot train anymore, it is due to you either having run out of energy or a buildup of lactic acid. Creatine may act as a buffer for this lactic acid, which helps to delay the onset of fatigue.

Creatine Stimulates Protein Synthesis:
    It has been demonstrated that creatine may also promote muscle growth by stimulating protein synthesis in two ways. Firstly, from the increased work you are able to do as a result of its energy replenishing actions. Secondly is that the more creatine phosphate (CP) that is stored in muscle, the more water is drawn into muscle making it fuller and stronger. With more CP and water in muscle, the volume increases, and the muscle cell is volumized or 'super-hydrated'. A volumized muscle helps to trigger protein synthesis, minimize protein breakdown and increase glycogen synthesis (Haussinger 1996; 1996). If a muscle is then trained properly, this could lead to enhanced muscle growth. The muscle 'pump' experienced when using creatine is reported to be much more intense, and this is as a result of the cell volumizing effect.

This comes in an unflavored powder. I have noticed in the past with some unflavored powders that you do get a little bit of a sour taste with them when you mix them with something but with this I did not noticed that at all which was nice.

Mixing was pretty good with this. I did notice a little bit of left over residue on the sides of my shaker cup but nothing to worry about. Since you are getting 5g per scoop I feel there is no need to do more than one scoop per day because your body will start to get saturated with it and taking more than 5g per day is kind of a waist. This can be taken pretty much anytime during the day but feel pre or post workout is best. I used this mainly with my pre-workout and that is how I have been using most of my creatine products lately more so than post workout like I use to do all the time.

Creatine is the one product I can always tell right away if it is working for me or not. I always like to try and stay on creatine regularly if I can but will cycle off from time to time just because I feel I do build up a little bit of tolerance to it if I am on it for to long of a time. Like I said above I had not been on any creatine for quiet awhile and was really looking forward to using it again. When I have been off creatine for any length of time and then start using it again I can usually tell right away the difference it makes being on it again and it's a great feeling to have. One of my concerns with this was will I get much in the way of bloating. That is my biggest issue I have with using creatine mono is bloating. I was rather surprised at how little bloating I noticed with this. That was a big plus for me and I give them big thumbs up on this.

I noticed about a week after starting this that my lifts started going up right away. I felt I was able to start pushing around some heavier weight and do it with a lot more easy than I normally could and not have to struggle so much to do it. Overall I just felt so much better and felt like I could perform at another level that I could not do while I was off creatine for almost a month or so. My body seemed to feel a lot better each time I would hit the gym and I was noticing a lot less muscle soreness in my body which was really nice. While I was using this I did put on some weight but most of that I felt was more muscle than water weight (since I noticed very little bloating from this). I notice my muscles started looking a little bigger and more full like. I felt like this really helped me so I could keep going longer on my workouts and not tire out as quickly. I also noticed a lot less muscle fatigue while using this which was nice so I could go quicker between my sets. I thought this was really good on my stomach and caused me no upset stomach issues or cramping. When I can go and workout and not have to struggle to do my workouts it is such a great feeling to have and feel this really helped make my workouts a lot more enjoyable. I think with the way this worked for me most any kind of lifter could benefit from this a lot. After using this I found there to be nothing with this that I feel really needs to be changed or improved on with this product. I think they did a really good job formulating this just right so it could be so effective with out any real sides effects to deal with.

I had the 500g container which has 100 servings in this. The cheapest I could find this was on amazon and they want $13.99 for this. I think that is a really good price for 100 servings. They also have a 1000g container for about $5 more with 200 servings which I think would be even a better deal.

Side Effects

Nothing I really noticed. Usually with creatine mono I get a lot of bloating but not with this.

Conclusion

For a creatine mono product I feel this was one of the best ones I have used. Nutrabio has been one of those companies I can always trust and rely on for making good quality products and this product really proved that again to me. If you want a good creatine product that will really help you perform better and at another level in the gym and get very little bloating from this I highly recommend checking this out. For the price they want for this I think it is really cheap considering the amount of servings you get and how effective it is. This is a creatine product I will for sure be using again because of the great the results I got from it and how cheap it is to buy. Again I want to give a big shout to Nutrabio for making such a great creatine product that really delivers and works so well.

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
      April 22, 2018

• Slight Dehydration

Great results for literally pennies a serving.

I have been training for over twenty years and over that time I have developed a considerable amount of insight in regards to training and dietary supplementation. Over the past few years supplementreviews.com has been my go to site to find out about the latest products from my fellow fitness freaks. After years of using the site I've decided to contribute.

Nutrabio's 100% Creatine Monohydrate contains 5 grams of pharmaceutical grade HPLC micronized creatine monohydrate per serving. The label really drives home the point by stating ABSOLUTELY NONE as the other ingredients. This product is manufactured in the United States and the label states that it is free from banned substances and hidden ingredients.

Whether mixed with water or juice I found there to be absolutely no taste when mixed with the suggested 16 ounces or more. It comes as a very fine powder that is noticeably less gritty than some of the other creatine monohydrates that I've used over the years. As such, it mixes very well in either a shaker or stirred with a spoon. Nutrabio recommends using at least 16 ounces of liquid for a 5 gram serving once daily, and 16-32 ounces total per day total. I personally would suggest drinking at least 64 ounces of water throughout the day when using this or any other creatine mondhydrate product, and much more than that depending on your activity level. I do appreciate the fact that the label does not suggest a loading stage, wherein a person would take in excessively high doses of the product during their first week of use. I have done so in the past and found it to be no better than using just 5 grams per day from the start.

This product has been absolutely phenomenal in terms of effectiveness. Within the first week of using this product I noticed an overall increase in endurance, both in terms of resistance and aerobic training. Even as my physical output increased I felt my recovery time decrease while feeling more refreshed for my next training session. By feeling more refreshed in between sessions, I'm able to increase the intensity of my sessions and get the results I'm looking for. There was also an increase in my overall fullness of muscle definition within the first couple of weeks of using Nutrabio's creatine.

The value cannot be beat. Many supplements have come and gone over the years, but only a few have remained a staple among athletes. Creatine monohydrate is one of them, and Nutrabio provides an excellent product at an outstanding price point. This product is readily available through several retailers for pennies per serving. The company I bought mine from came to roughly 15 cents per serving. That is an absolute home run in terms of value considering the effects.

Side Effects

With adequate hydration I have experienced absolutely no negative side effects. That being said, it is not uncommon for me to drink over a gallon of water per day when I'm training heavily. I would suggest drinking lots, and lots of water when taking this product. How much so is according to your own level of output. There have been days where I have slacked on my water intake when taking this product where I have experienced cramping in my muscles. Drinking water quickly alleviated the symptoms and I've been more mindful of my water intake when using this product.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a cost effective supplement that does what it says, do not hesitate to try Nutrabio's 100% Creatine monohydrate.

February 3, 2018

• Builds Strength

Huge shoutout to Nutrabio for sending me their 100% Creatine Monohydrate to review! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / strength.

This is as simple as it gets! There is only one ingredient and that one ingredient is in the name itself. 100% Creatine Monohydrate! Although this is what we should expect from a creatine monohydrate product there are some companies out there that have tried to sneak a few more ingredients in. Nutrabio really takes pride in their products and provides the best from everything I've seen by them. Every product they send out is lab tested to make sure it's 99.9% pure. They say that anything found to be below that will not be shipped. You can even enter your products number on their website to see what lab and what lab tech evaluated it. Just this process alone helps me completely trust their ingredients!

This product comes in unflavored only so there was no taste here. It is a bit gritty like most other creatine monohydrate products are. I always threw the scoop in my mouth and drank something afterwards to wash it down. This was the easiest and most convenient way for me. I prefer this over adding it to a drink because it does make the drink gritty due to it poorly breaking down. The dosing seems perfect at the 5 gram standard amongst creatine products.

This product was potent and definitely effective. Prior to using this I used creatine for probably a year and a half. I thought it was effective and gave me some size and definitely strength. I stopped taking creatine when I ran out probably 3-4 months before receiving this product. I didn't notice any loss in size but definitely in strength. After about 1.5-2 weeks after taking 1 scoop a day I was seeing results! My strength came back and actually increased a bit. I also think it helped me add some size and weight. I usually took this with my preworkout each day around the same time.

Most unflavored creatine monohydrate products are fairly cheap but this one is awesome. I found this for $13.99 on bodybuilding.com. That is for the 500 gram container which is 100 servings. That breaks down to about 14 cents a serving. To me that is an incredible deal for a solid product.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude it gets 2 huge thumbs up! Nutrabio you did a fantastic job at keeping a simple product simple! I love your lab tested work and was very impressed by it. You delivered a affordable, effective and reliable product! I will definitely be purchasing more when I run out. I recommend this to anyone in the market for creatine. Thank you Nutrabio and I'll be excited to try more from you in the future!

January 29, 2018

• Muscle Fullness

First and foremost I would like to thank NutraBio for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

Who doesn't want to be stronger when going to the gym? I sure do ... This is the only widely proven supplement that can help you gain strength ... I already use creatine but figured why not try something from the top shelf and see if I'm missing anything ...

5 grams of pure creatine monohydrate with every scoop.

I took a scoop and a half with either my pre-workout or my natural testosterone ... very easy to mix and couldn't taste the difference. The reason for the higher dosage is because I weight 235 pounds ... so 8 grams is the recommended dosage for my weight.

Use this link to figure out your creatine consumption https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/creatine_calculator.htm

Creatine has been the most studied and most trusted supplement in the world. This is the only supplement that can actually help you get stronger. They are coming up with some other ATP products out there ... but for the price ... there is nothing like it. There are plethora of benefits that this ingredient provides ... that helped me and countless others to breach their plateau ... I don't think I need to convince anyone the benefits and the effectiveness this product has on our bodies. Although, I'm sure people will want to know that this creatine did not cause me to bloat.

NutraBio is never going to cost the same as other supplements ... and this is the case with this product. It won't be very difficult for me to compare this to other products so I'm not going to bother. What you need to know when you are going to try to figure the value of this product is that having a "high grade standard" costs money ... Now, does it make it ok to price this creatine twice as much above the others? So, this cost 14$ for half a pound ... I personally bought micronized creatine monohydrate 1 kilo(2.20462 lb) for 18$ that has FDA certificate ... You be the judge ...

Side Effects

None for me ... I haven't experienced any bloating effects with any creatine I have taken so far ... maybe on a very rare occasion depending if I ate, and what I ate.

Conclusion

Good quality creatine that you pay a little more for that peace of mind. Personally I have another source that is half the price for what I feel like the same quality. Although, it's not proven on paper like NutraBio the effects I felt were similar. If you want to be sure you are getting a quality product than go for this and be worry free. If you are frugal like me than I would shop around for other brands that probably offer the same quality. Thank you for reading this and I wish you get stronger everyday.

December 26, 2017

• Slight Bloating

So, no ingredient has been researched more and proven effective than good old regular creatine monohydrate. For myself recently though, I have cycled off creatine for quite a long time as my quest to lean out as much as possible took over. Creatine helps with muscle size, performance, recovery, etc. but it can also make you retain a little water and bloat. For this reason, it's been awhile since I used creatine on a regular basis. After cycling back on with this product, all I can say is boy did I miss you creatine. Let's break down this oldie but goodie.

One simple ingredient here, 5 g of creatine monohydrate. Nutrabio does inform you of the quality here as it's micronized, produced in an HPLC and FDA inspected facility, and states that each batch is 99.9% pure. Many of us are familiar with Nutrabio's quality and when it comes to a standalone ingredient like creatine the quality assurance does give piece of mind. Now, I do like designer creatines like HCL, Magnapower etc. because of their claims of less water retention, but they are more expensive and nothing has been proven more effective than monohydrate. Great profile for this simple ingredient.

I had the raw unflavored version of this, and I never tasted it by itself to check how really unflavored it was. I would dump this in my preworkout, intra, or protein shake as needed. Mixability was great as it never effected the texture of these other products and did not throw off the flavor as well so it was very versatile. For dosing I did use a loading phase since I have been off creatine for so long and used 2-3 scoops a day for the first two weeks or so. I then used just the one scoop a day.

Man, did I miss you creatine. I noticed the effects of this product within the first week and a half so of taking and it came through on all of the positive claims of creatine. Most noticeable right away was muscle size and fullness. My muscles definitely felt bulkier and looked a lot better, which always is a positive. My gym performance saw quite a nice jump as well as my strength increased in every lift. Nothing crazy but stead increased throughout the container. Although I take BCAAs and always have a good amount of protein consumption, my recovery was better and faster and overall my muscles just felt better. I didn't look as lean, and there was some slight bloating, but diet and the holidays probably had something to do with this as well. Nothing that bad and the muscle fullness made up for any of those negatives. Plain and simple, creatine monohydrate works and this is a great pure version.

Another great thing about creatine monohydrate is that it's cheap. $15 for 100 servings. Lasted a little less because I went through a loading phase, and a little more expensive than over bulk monohydrates but I don't mind as you pay for Nutrabio quality. Anyway you look at it $15 for over three months of gains at one serving a day is a great buy.

Side Effects

Some slight bloating in the midsection.

Conclusion

Just like my title says, this is a can't miss. Simple, cheap, effective, and great quality.

December 24, 2017

• Helps Recovery

My uncle was a Drill sergeant, and always drilled that into my head anytime I was with him. I think Nutrabio was listening. As a 40 year old man I see how sometime's simple thing's can be the best of thing's.

Well can't get any cleaner or simpler here. 100% Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate at 5g per serving.
          I should not have to sit and explain what creatine is , there are several options out now of different types of creatine. But I always find this cheap ole Micronized creatine Monohydrate works the best for me. It is proven on so many studies, you would never be able to read all the info on it.
          That being said, I know the one thing you will find across the board, IT WORK'S.
          Also you can see the Third party lab tested results from this by just looking up the Lot number on the bottom of the container. Pretty awesome.

Well it is completely tasteless, But the one thing it would do is settle on the bottom of anything. A couple shakes or stir's and it would mix fine but there would alway's be some slight grit left in a bottle. Not a big deal as every brand of Micronized creatine does this. EVERY BRAND.
          I went with 10 grams on workout days and 5 grams non workout days. I never did a loading phase. I have not really decided on whether that is truly needed or if that is mostly for marketing hype or not.

Oh the pump's, Man the pump's are so good on some good creatine. My recovery was on fire, whether it was on heavy low rep days or high rep volume day's. I never really got much water retention from this. I did get some pump's and seemed to keep all day " full " look for the most part. Especially when I would do those volume workout's.
          Strength was climbing on this fairly well while on this. I was able to hit a 435 squat Pr and a Incline db press of 130's for 10. Deadlift was up to 475 . So I was able to break through some plateau's. I never really added any body weight from this. Maybe from my horrible diet but like I mentioned I do not feel I added much water weight from this at all.

BB.com right now has the 500 gram for 14 bucks. If you can get swole and strong for less that .14 cents a serving then by gosh you better get on that. If not here is where you want to be.

Side Effects

ZERO

Conclusion

Like I was saying earlier this, sometimes a simple approach to thing's is truly the best. Nutrabio is so good at keeping thing's simple and clean and super cheap. Thank you so much for nutrabio being a big part of this site. Every supplement I have tried with them turn's out to be top notch. Mark really know's how to run a good company. Sorry for the huge delay on getting this review out.
          • Unflavored: 9/10

December 5, 2017

• Slight Dehydration

Whats up guys another review here from Dr. G. Today I am reviewing Creatine Monohydrate from Nutrabio. Creatine is great supplementation for anyone who wishes to build muscle either for size or just plain old lean muscle. I think this is a solid product for those looking for decent creatine that will work with their budget and goals in the gym. This is nothing to rave about, but definitely a product I would recommend to beginners or intermediate lifters.

Creatine Monohydrate (5g) - Pharmaceutical grade- HPLC - Micronized - There are multiple creatine supplements available out there here I will specifically talking about creatine monohydrate. Creatine is a major player in the phosphagen energy system in your body. This system plays an important role in your energy system during high intensity activities. In many research articles over the past 10-15 years research has shown that creative can benefit you by improving increased work capacity and muscle training, greater increases in lean body mass, and increased levels of muscle creatine. I think the most impressive thing is that 70% of the research currently in peer reviewed journals or on sites such as PubMed support increased exercise capacity.

The bottle I received was unflavored which is what I prefer. I mixed this product into my shake for breakfast every morning then again with my BCAA later in the day. I normally took two servings at a time. One serving of this supplement is 5 grams so that means that I took 10 grams 2x/day. 20 grams is the amount I aim for everyday since this is what I have seen work for me. I mixed very well into my shake in the morning and with my BCAA in a blender bottle... No residue YAY!.

Once again good not great in this category. I have had many different creatine supplementation throughout the years of lifting and I think this one did a slightly above average job at what I like creatine to do for me. I personal enjoy creatine during any phase for example hypertrophy, strength, or fat loss, but for me I always look for muscle hypertrophy. This may either be in lean mass or plain bulking for the winter season. I like to try and cycle on and off of creatine because I find that It works better for me. For this round I was taking it for the purpose of gaining lean muscle (which the research supports). I found that it gave me a slight increase in lean muscle gain, but not like what other products have provided. Additionally, I did notice an increase in my capabilities to maintain a good lift throughout the workout session. My work capacity did improve during this time which I can partially contribute to taking this product. Overall this product did a decent job at what I wanted it to and I would recommend it for those looking for a start on their creatine supplementation.

Once again, Good but not great in this category. There are other companies that product similar if not better overall creatine products. The first place I found this product available was on amazon.com for $19.99for 100 servings which is not crazy expensive. On ebay.com I found this supplement for $17.19 for 500 grams. The best site I saw this product on was bodybuilding.com which they have it for $13.99 which is the cheapest. This is extremely fair for a creatine monohydrate.

Side Effects

Mild dehydration as most creatine supplements cause

Conclusion

Overall I think this product did not live up to everything a good creatine could be. Like I said above I think it did a slightly above average job at gaining lean muscle mass and increase my work capacity to where I would like it. This is a good start for beginners and intermediate lifters at a good price for the amount you get. Everyone should do their research
          • Unflavored: 10/10

November 16, 2017

• Slight Occasional Bloating

A special thanks to Nutrabio for their continued support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their creatine monohydrate (creapure) product. Creatine is one of the more popular sport supplements on today's market. It's no surprise considering that creatine monohydrate's benefits have been proven and supported in numerous studies. When used in conjunction with intensive training and proper diet, creatine can help increase energy, power output, endurance, muscle mass, and improve recovery. I've been a firm believer and avid user of good quality creapure and myself and provided my training, diet, and rest are all in check, the benefits are well apparent.

Nutrabio has always prided themselves in delivering high quality products of the highest standards of purity, without any of the added extra "stuff" that we don't need nor want.

As you may have already guessed, Nutrabio's 100% Pure Creatine Monohydrate contains one ingredient:

100% Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate at 5g per serving.

I don't think I need to explain creatine's specific mechanism of action is complete detail since I am sure by now most, if not all, are already familiar with it. Creatine works by enhancing the generation of ATP in muscle cells, resulting in a replenishment of energy source levels. Furthermore, creatine causes super volumization of muscle cells, which in return trigger protein synthesis. Lastly, some studies have shown creatine to inhibit the muscle growth limiting factor known as myostatin. Inhibiting myostatin, can lead to more efficient muscle growth.

In all, these effects all potentially translate into increased size, strength, energy, and endurance.

The powder is unflavored and doesn't add any notable taste or texture to any flavored liquid you may use. I do recommend using this with a non-acidic carb containing beverage as insulin is known to play a role in creatine's absorption. If you do add it to plain water, you may possibly get a slight, bitter taste, but I don't recommend using just water alone.

The powder mixes thoroughly and completely in any liquid you use.

The effective dosage range of creatine monohydrate is 5-10g for most users. Many advocate the recommendation for a "loading" phase in which for a short period at the beginning of a cycle, saturating the muscles with creatine by using upwards of 15-20mg a day for about 1.5-2 weeks would help the effects come more quickly and be more noticeable.

However, many (including myself) will also advocate that this "loading" phase is not necessary as one can still reap the benefits of creatine monohydrate by following the standard dosage protocol of 5-10g a day. Though I will say from my experience, the loading phase is really up to the user as to whether or not he/she believes they do see a benefit to it.

The way I use creatine, including Nutrabio's, I used 20g a day for one full week at the beginning of my run and then taper to a maintenance dosage to 10g a day for the remainder of the cycle. During the loading phase on training days, I take 10g pre workout, and 10g post workout. During the remainder maintenance portion of the cycle, I take 5g pre and 5g post workout. On non-training days in both instances I will often simply spread the dosages throughout the day. I always ensure to mix the servings in a carb containing liquid which can include, grape juice, a sports drink, or as an addition to a protein shake. Micronized creatine tends to absorp more efficiently, so it can compliment shakes quite nicely.

As with most bulk creapure products I've used, Nutrabio's was no exception when it came to giving all the goodness of creatine's benefits in the gym.

I had a more pronounced pump and swole feeling throughout my body as well as improved vascularity. My entire body felt fuller and trained muscles in each workout felt more and more volumized with each movement.

My strength and mass did see some improvement as I did see a slight uptick in my numbers, particularly from volume standpoint but also in resistance level. For example, mid cycle I was able to put up 315 lbs for one rep on the front squat and banged out a higher range of reps on isolation movements as well as military press, bench press, and deadlifts with higher levels of resistance. The numbers were not record breaking or phenomenal in any way, but increases of any kind are always welcomed. My muscles also looked slightly larger, particularly in my pecs, arms, legs, and back.

My endurance saw improvement mostly in my boxing and HIIT cardio intervals. Furthermore, I did notice some reduction in fatigue and DOMS both during my workouts and within post workout recovery periods.

The lowest price I've seen for Nutrabio's Creatine Monohydrate is 13.99 for 100 servings, totaling 500g of creatine with each container. Given the quality, purity, efficacy, and highly efficient micronized form of creatine used in Nutrabio's product, I think this is a great value, especially if you are a frequent user of creatine.

Side Effects

As with most creatine products, some occasional minor bloat is possible due to creatine's water retention effects. However, maintaining adequate hydration will help to easily reduce and prevent exacerbation of this issue. So just be sure, you're drinking plenty of water.

Conclusion

Plain and simple....if you knowingly respond well to creatine and know you benefits from it's use, Nutrabio's creatine is definitely a product to consider. All the goodness of creatine without added unnecessary filler ingredients, in the form of a high quality, superb purity ensured, and effective form of creatine monohydrate, is what easily personifies what Nutrabio's 100% Creatine Monohydrate truly is. Just be sure your training is intensive and efficient, diet is clean and up to par, you're getting good rest, and you are drinking plentiful quantities of water to ensure max benefits.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!

November 15, 2017

• Slight Bloating

First of all, I want to thank NutraBio for supporting the TROOPs. This is one of the few companies that go into great detail as to what's in their products. Their quality is always top notch, and they have a legion of fans everywhere. The good folks at NutraBio gave me some good old creatine monohydrate to review. Creatine is something I really haven't supplemented with since the early 2000s, and during that span, we've seen a lot of fads, gimmicks, and now banned substances. Through it all, creatine has remained the same, tried and true with hundreds of scientific reports attesting to its muscle building effectiveness.

This is probably the easiest ingredient profile I've ever had to explain. 100% pure micronized creatine monohydrate--that's it! There are no fillers, carbs, flavors, fancy transport systems, just CREATINE.

Each 500 gram tub contains 5 grams of creatine per serving. For added convenience, NutraBio included a 5 gram scoop...nice touch. Mixability and taste were never really issues for me. Some people have complained that the taste is somewhat bitter, which is why I mixed it with a carb powder or protein powder. I work out early in the morning, so I took one scoop mixed with either protein or carbs immediately following my workout, and then another serving about 6 hours later.

Creatine has been on the market as a supplement since 1993. It's obvious why--it's safe and it's effective. From my dosing protocol, I was able to add on about 6 pounds (from 215 to 221). I'm pretty sure that much of is was water weight from intramuscular hydration because I lost a little definition. My abs were blurred ever so slightly. No matter though; it positively affected my strength, endurance, and recovery. I was easily able to increase my weights 10-15 pounds for the same number of reps (8-10). I was also a lot less sore, which is a good thing, because I had just started a German Volume Training routine in which I did 10 sets of specific exercises for 10 reps. Other "natural" muscle builders, e.g. laxogenin and epicatechin are largely unproven and there really isn't a definitive verdict on either one. Some swear by them, and others claim that they are totally worthless. The general consensus on creatine, however, is that it is the most effective legal muscle builder, and has been for more than 20 years.

Oh, how the times have changed! I remember when I was a scrawny kid trying to build muscle, a 500 gram tub of EAS Phosphagen was 63 bucks, Muscletech's Cell Tech was about 70 bucks, and the best value was Pro Lab's Creapure creatine, where you could get a 2 pack of 300 grams for $33.99 (Yes, I'm showing my age).

NutraBio's creatine can be found just about everywhere for less than 16 bucks for a 500 gram tub. If other companies sold creatine for free, then I'd say the price sucks, but companies aren't giving it away, and 15 dollars and some change for a safe, proven muscle, strength, and endurance enhancer is a bargain in my book.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Sometimes you have to go back to the basic, no-frills approach to get results, whether it's through training or through supplementation. NutraBio's creatine is about as no-frills as you can get, but that's the beauty of it. It works, and ultimately, isn't that what we want from our supplements?

May 25, 2017

• No Side Effects

After lifting heavy on a regular schedule 4-6 days a week, both through bulking and cutting. I've been taking this product for the past few months and its been a constant build.

5g Creatine Monohydrate
          -Most basic creatine there is, best digested if taken shortly after consuming a form of carbohydrate

Taste: Flavorless, so it can be a bit bitter. I suggest mixing it with a sports drink or your aminos, PWO, protein or whatever you'd like to take away the bitter flavorless taste.

Mixability: Just like any other creatine, it doesn't mix all that great. Not a deal breaker but I'd definitely rinse out your bottle after you finish it to make sure you get the entire serving.

Dosing: Controversy topic, I myself never believed in the "loading" phase so I have been taking a steady 5g, or one serving, every training day intra workout. You can take it before or after too.

When I first began taking this I noticed an increase in the strength of my compound lifts (i.e. Bench press, Squat, BB rows etc.) as well as an increase in muscle mass, but unfortunately I did not have an increased muscle stamina or shortened recovery time as I would expect to when taking a monohydrate. As I continued to take it, the progress of gaining muscle mass eventually slowed and I didn't see my muscles growing at the rate they once were. Once I ran out of my first container I did happen to notice a slow in my progress, so as any man would, I bought another and I saw the quick results all over again. This could be just because my muscles were "bloated" as some may assume, but I never experienced the decrease in muscle volume that people inquire when they think of their muscles being bloated from creatine. I would say that this is about as effective of a monohydrate as you could expect, your body gets used to it and you continue to grow in size and strength it just won't be as noticeable after taking it for a few weeks.

A standard 500g container totals at $14 for $0.14/serving. Nothing great here, but definitely not expensive.

Side Effects

None experienced

Conclusion

It does exactly what you would expect a monohydrate to do. It wasn't anything special, but it's what I was looking for. A good price for the amount that you get, you'll see results and theres a good chance you'll want to buy it again if you don't want to give in to creatine blends.
          • Unflavored: 3/10