Creatine HCL Reviews

By: NutraBio

Creatine HCL is a Creatine HCl product manufactured by NutraBio. It contains creatine hydrochloride which is proposed to be a more absorbent and bloat free format of the traditional version. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength

After using creatine monohydrate and blended creatines in the past, I decided to give creatine HCL a try. I figured why not try one of the highest rated brands. So here we are with Creatine HCL from NutraBio. I finished this product about a month ago and just now getting time to write the review.

Creatine HCL is the only ingredient. I am not an expert by any means but I will summarize a little bit about creatine HCL. The HCL stands for Hydrochloride. This is creatine that is bound with hydrochloric acid. It is claimed that this is at least 40 times more soluble in water and also absorbed more efficiently than monohydrate. Obviously if it has a better absorption rate more creatine gets into the muscle. I have looked for the studies and research online that may prove this but I have come up empty handed.

This product was unflavored and did not add a taste to anything I mixed it with. I mixed this with both my pre-workout supplements and my protein shakes and neither tastes were altered with this added in. It mixed perfectly. There wasn't any grit and it seemed to dissolve with no issues. I dosed this 2 times per day. One scoop went in my pre-workout drink and another scoop went into my post workout protein shake. I used a shaker bottle to mix this the entire run of this supplement. This was dosed much less than I am accustomed to when using monohydrate in the past. I did not have to do a load phase with this supplement which I have done in the past with monohydrate. I would like to see them make a scooper with a bigger handle. By the time I dug the scooper out for each use it looked like I was making homemade pizza dough and rolling the flour.

I ran this product for about three months straight. I did not experience any cramping, bloating or stomach issues. This product claims to do the following:

Improve muscle growth and recovery-I did feel this helped me recover and I did see an increase in triceps size and mass during the three month run. I also did start lifting arms an extra day in the week which may have played a role in it but to say the least I did see an increase. To say increased recovery was only due to this product alone may not be accurate since I also run BCAA's and other recovery products.

Support increased strength, endurance and power-I can say that the amount of weights I lifted did go up quicker than previously taking this. I will say that power output is along the same as increased strength. If we want to define power as how much torque I had at the beginning of my lifts such as bench press and explosion during deadlifts and squats I can say I really didn't notice a difference in that aspect. As far as endurance goes I would say that I was able to push through my workouts a little harder and didn't feel quite as fatigued in the muscles as when I was not taking this.

Buffers lactic acid for added reps and more intense workouts-I cant verify it buffered the lactic acid but I can say I was able to add reps which in turn did make my workouts more intense. I noticed this on my overload sets. I can say that I saw the most gain from this product in my overload sets. Previously I was hitting maybe 5 or 6 reps in my overload sets. I darn near hit 9 and sometimes 10 reps in my overloads sets which goes back to the increased strength claim this product makes.

Volumizes cells for fuller muscles-I did see this as I mentioned above in my triceps. I also noticed a fuller bicep.

I paid 29.99 for this on NutraBio.com for 180 servings which works out to around $0.17 per serving which I feel is a very good price. I have not found it cheaper anywhere else. This is comparable to monohydrate prices.

Side Effects

None. There was no bloating or anything negative to mention.

Conclusion

I can say that my body did respond to this in a positive way. I cannot say that this is any better or worse than monohydrate since when I supplement with monohydrate I see similar results. The only upside is I did not need to load (which I know is not necessary with monohydrate either) and no bloating. I have also had monohydrate which did not cause bloating. If you are looking to switch it up from monohydrate and want to try something new look at giving this one a try. I know the research is not there to show how effective HCL is but based on my experience I do believe it is effective.

• bctuthill
      May 4, 2017

nice review... seems to be a great price for this!

• Italy48
      May 4, 2017

Thank you bctuthill. It is a decent price. I was expecting to pay more. Pleasantly surprised.

• onder18
      May 6, 2017

Nice review. I think you should play with the dosing some. Try 4 scoops(3 grams) pre workout a few times. Yea it will cut into the value but I'm pretty sure you will feel a difference in your workout.

• Italy48
      May 6, 2017

Thanks onder. When I go back to HCL I will do that. I appreciate the info.

• SDS1582
      October 29, 2018

According to Nutrabio's website, this product was recently discontinued.