(Better than 97% in Other Energy Supplements)

CGT-MAX is an Energy Supplement manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

March 22, 2018

• Quality Statements By The Company

As yoh can tell from.my lack of recent reviews i have been on a pretty long supplement cleanse and fitness cleanse in general. While on it i wanted to keep things simple so i grabbed this.

3 ingredients clinically dosed and with nutrabio you know youre getting quality. 4g of glutamine, which is slightly less than the normal 5g you see in a lot of other products, but this form is said to be a lot purer than your average glutamine. I'm a big fan of glutamine because along with its other effects i feel like it really helps my immune system, which is very important in southeast Texas during the winter months. 2g of taurine to help with hydration and 5g of creatine.

I received the lemon lime flavor and like with all nutrabio products i have tried it left a little to be desired. Never a bad taste to me but very weak like watered down koolaid. Mixing was never an issue and as for dosing i would take this in place of my normal pre workout.

After going several months without any supplements other than this and a protein. I feel like my system was clear. Also taking a break from lifting i feel like gauging recovery benefits will be better too. After some really good workouts to start back i could tell that i was less sore when using this. The taurine helped with mid workout cramps as well. In the days before starting back fully i was getting some pretty bad leg and foot cramps from next to nothing. This seemed to really help.

19.99 for a tub of this stuff is more than fair to me. Yeh they are all 3 rather cheap ingredients, but you know with nutrabio you are getting lab tested and pure ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio can always be counted on for supplements from complex pre's to simple single ingredient supplements such as this. I apologize for my hiatus from supplements and fitness, with that said looking forward to coming bavk to the community
    • Lemon Lime: 6/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $19.99
    NutraBio   $20.99

March 20, 2018

• Tastes Great

Well, here I am again writing a review for a Nutrabio product. CGT-Max is their combo product made up of Creatine, Glutamine and Taurine. All three of these are pretty much staples in my everyday routine so I was excited to try a batch of it all put out by Nutrabio. I was off creatine for a while before using this product in full disclosure.

It really doesn't get more simple than this. You have three staple ingredients all jammed into a nice looking tub with some good flavor. 5g of creatine, 4g of L-Glutamine and 2g of taurine. CGT-Max pretty much claims muscle building and muscle recovery and these three ingredients are most certainly geared towards that. Glutamine is still kind of up in there when it comes to proven results, but I have always seemed to benefit from it, so I'm in. If you do two scoops a day, there is no doubt you are getting osme really nice doses of these ingredients. I would kid of like to see Creapure in here, but it is certainly not a deal breaker.

CGT-Max had a real unique flavor I thought. I recieved the lemon lime flavor and found it interesting. Still really good, but just interesting. Sometimes when I would drink it, it almost tasted like a very mild cocktail of some type. Nutrabio did a perfect job with sweetness in my opinion. There is just enough to get the flavor and enjoy it, but nothing past that. I think thats why I compared it to a cocktail with a really sweet mixer. You still get the taste but it gets dumbed down a lot by the alcohol (for this example i was thinking vodka, nothing wierd tasting). I always used 12-16ozs of cold water. Mixability was always on point with no major issues. I usually only dosed this one scoop a day after my workouts because I have always liked 5g of creatine a day. Just seems to work for me.

Keep in mind I had been off creatine for a while, so the effects may have been a little bit easier to realize, but I really noticed some good stuff from CGT-Max. I was able to really up my main lifts in the gym to where I like to be (I had been lifting light and doing cardio for some time). I got all my big lifts right back to my peak numbers in a pretty short period of time. Now I know this isn't all because of CGT-Max and no, I am not claiming some type of super powder. But I definitely felt it working, and more importantly I felt its recovery effects. After a heavy deadlift and squat day I definitely felt above average.

As many people people have pointed out, 20 bucks on amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have prime. Yes, I am sure you could hand pick these ingredients and possibly come up with a better deal, but this stuff tastes great and works. And you know you are getting quality ingredients with Nutrabio.

Side Effects

Sometimes I had to pee a little more often after drinking it.

Conclusion

Nutrabio has earned their reputation through the use of transparency and quality ingredients. This is a product that I purchased again and am planning to make it a regular thing. I am going to try going to the two scoops to see if there is any big difference. We'll see. Thank you very much Nutrabio for maiking another solid product and letting me try it! Bye for now.
      • Lemon Lime: 7/10

Other Prices:
      Amazon   $19.99
      NutraBio   $20.99

February 19, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Purity
      • Aids Other Supplements
      • A Little Expensive

Hey SR, here today to review Nutrabio's recovery product CGT Max. This is a simple product with just 3 ingredients aimed at helping your muscles recover quicker to get gains in the gym. I have tried a similar product by ON way back in the day CGT-10 and liked it so I was eager to give this a try.

As mentioned above, this is a pretty simple profile with 5 grams of creatine (monohydrate and a little magna power), 4 grams of Glutamine, and 2 grams of taurine. We all know the benefits of creatine with muscle fullness and strength and 5 grams is a solid dosage, I consistently use a little less at 3 g. Glutamine can be a controversial ingredient but personally I love it and always have much better recovery while taking these products, and the boost to your immune system is always nice. I would like to see maybe an extra gram here to make it 5 g, but with Nutrabio's quality I won't complain too much. Taurine has a never of benefits with muscle hydration, endurance, and even pump enhancers so this is a nice addition as well. Taken all together, this combines three ingredients to help your workouts and recovery. With Nutrabio's focus on quality I think this is a nice profile.

I had the lemon lime flavor and it was great. Not too sweet, not too tart, a great flavor. I have mixed this on it's own and with other products (preworkouts, intraworkout) and it always mixed well, didn't have to reshake. Dosing is 2 times per day, but I always used just one scoop.

I used this for a little while on it's own, and it worked pretty well. My muscles felt a little bit better the day after with DOMS and recovery. Honestly though, I think this works a lot better in conjunction with other supplements. For example, when I used a preworkout that was pretty stim heavy but lacked in a couple of other areas, I would add a scoop of CGT Max and I felt I had improved workouts with added strength and endurance. When I had a better more all encompassing preworkout, I would add this to my intraworkout or with BCAAs throughout the day and noticed my recovery was much better and I was able to hit similar muscle groups faster throughout the week. So for me, when I add a scoop of this to some other staple supplements I really think they complimented them well and aided me in the gym as well in recovery. A nice supplement to my supplements.

A little bit of a mixed bag as far as value here. $20 for 40 servings isn't too bad on the surface, as you do get good amounts of the ingredients here. Problem is that these ingredients are pretty cheap on their own. For me though this being a supplement to my supplements and not really a standalone I do view it more as a luxury. Also, if you do the recommended 2 scoops a day that really hurts the value, although I never did. Overall, I don't think this is a bad value, and with 40 servings that helped my recovery I would buy this again if I had a little extra cash.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Looking for a little extra boost? I think a scoop of this here and there can help your performance in the gym as well as shorten your recovery.

4.5
      3.0
        January 29, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Prop Blends
      • Increased Recovery
      • Taurine Dose Too High
      • Highly Overpriced
      • Does Not Make Sense
      • Unable To Saturate Creatine

As I've written in other reviews, I've been impressed with the NutraBio products I've had the opportunity to try, and although it's not the type of product I generally jump for, I was still interested in running their CGT Max. I'm going to say right now, my review of this supplement is completely contrary to EVERY OTHER review that's been posted. I'm sorry I'm just not drinking the NutraBio kool-aid on this one. I simply do not understand the overwhelmingly positive marks for a product that, quite honestly, doesn't make sense to me.

CGT Max is a three ingredient complex. Other reviewers provided significant detail on each ingredient in this product, how Nutrobio processes it, how the supplement actually works, and so on. I'm going to do my best to summarize key points here.

Creatine - 5g per scoop / 10g daily dose. Resynthesizes ATP which is the "power" that drives muscular energetics. Supplementation is designed to increase intramuscular creatine stores which in turn improves performance and the increase of fat free mass. Usually you want a week long loading phase of creatine in which you take in ~20g daily. Once saturated, 5g/day is a common baseline "maintenance" dosing. At the 10g you get from CGT, a person of my weight (200lbs) isn't taking in enough creative from this product alone to reach full saturation in a week's time, which is one of the main goals of actually supplementing creatine.

Glutamine - 4g per scoop / 8g daily dose. Conditionally essential amino acid. Touted as a muscle builder and recovery agent, but research is inconclusive with respect to these sort of effects on healthy individuals. Recommended dose of 5g or higher daily. The 8g per day being served up by CGT Max is solid.

Taurine - 2g per scoop / 4g daily dose. Has a lot of uses, but primarily touted for its protective properties and ability to fight muscle fatigue. 3g daily is really the highest recommended dose I could find, and some articles warned against supplementing at higher than 3gs for long periods of time. I doubt running 4g daily for 20 days, which is what you're getting with CGT Max, would be truly harmful, but I am scratching my head some as to why this wasn't scaled back or excluded altogether.

I struggled to dose CGT Max consistently considering its two-a-day dosing protocol. I always took in one scoop sometime in the AM, but had a handful of days where I missed my afternoon dose. In order to be truly transparent, I share this as it may have played a role in the effects I felt from this product.

I received the Lemon Lime flavor and found it to be fairly standard. A little tart, but not overly so. A good option if you like that flavor.

One scoop mixed up fairly well in 32oz. of water. Some slight grittiness at the end of the drink, but overall no major issues.

As I stated, I'm stunned by the reviews for CGT. I have a LOT of respect for NutraBio and have written some very favorable reviews of their products but CGT Max fell flat for me. I didn't experience any noticeable difference in my performance in the month I ran this product. Sure, I had some workouts where the reps came easier, but nothing so consistent where I could say with certainty that CGT Max was the cause. Same deal for recovery, which has been solid for me for the past month as I've transitioned back into working out five days a week. Even so, I attribute that more to the intraworkout/BCAA products I was supplementing. Yes, the additional 8g Glutamine likely helped, but only marginally so.

As I got into in the Profile section, the creatine dosage was not high enough to reach full saturation levels for an individual of my weight. I've honestly never been a strong responder to creatine supplements as is, but I was still hoping to get SOME sort of positive muscle output from CGT. That just wasn't the case.

The Taurine dosage is also bothering me. 4g is high and that's not taking into consideration other products in your stack. It's fairly common to get 1-2g of Taurine per serving in both intraworkouts and preworkouts, thus you could be looking at a really high daily dose of 8g or more. You just don't need to supplement Taurine as a stand-alone provided you are running a basic supplement stack.

$20 for 40 scoops with a recommended dose of 2 scoops daily so $1.00 per dose. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU BUY THIS? See my overall comments below.

Side Effects

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I'm not buying the functionality of this product. It's not going to replace your standard intraworkout BCAA supplement. You don't need the additional 4g of Taurine most likely. The creatine dosage doesn't allow for customization or saturation. Really the only winner here is the Glutamine and do you really want to pay $1.00 a scoop for Glutamine?

Here's an alternative: for $33 you can go get 100 servings of NutraBio's Glutamine AND Creatine supplements. That's .33c per day for maintenance dosing / around .60c per day for loading dosing and 10g Glutamine daily. GO THIS ROUTE.

I can see no viable reason why I would recommend CGT Max. NutraBio is still a great company and makes outstanding supplements, but that doesn't mean that every single thing they produce is flawless.
      • Lemon Lime: 6/10

January 28, 2018

• Actually Is Tasteless
      • No Prop Blends
        This whole Nutra-Bio supplement review protocol is becoming ridiculous already; they make awesome stuff so just buy it! There, I said it. Their products are solid; having to review any of it is redundant at this point. This supplement is no different. My initial foray into creatine was from way back in the '90s, and I remember all the stomach issues, bloating, and water retention. Boy am I glad times have changed! Huge thanks to NutraBio for being so generous to the TRooper program (as always). And my apology for taking so long to finish this review; life has really thrown me some curve balls lately. Anyways, lets get down into this.

PROFILE-9.8
        Simplicity at its finest. Magnesium is at 67mg (as creatine magnapower). The Creatine Complex comes in at 5g, and is broken down into 4.2g of creatine monohydrate, and creatine magnapower at 833mg. L-Glutamine is at 4 grams, a good daily dose. Taurine rounds it out at 2 Grams. 40 scoops per container, recommended at 2 per day.

I asked for the "unflavored" version and it had no flavor to speak of. I would drop a scoop into my preworkout, and/or a protein shake. No dyes, no fillers, it blended in just fine and only added an extra graininess texture to my shake. Or, I would even drop a scoop into about 6-8oz of water and slam it back. Simple and to the point.

EFFECTIVENESS-9
        Endurance is improved. Soreness is all but eliminated. And I went from 4 reps on my squat (315lbs) to 7! There really isn't much more I can put on it, this stuff works and works very well. I noticed some improved muscular endurance during my workouts, as well as a mild boost during cardio runs. I think the taurine is what is helping with this. But the big improvements are with strength and soreness. I did gain a little size in my arms and shoulders, but i think this has more to do with the strength increase and ability to push more weight, as opposed to the creatine just making me bigger (on its own).

SIDE EFFECTS-10
        ZERO. Yes, zero. I had no stomach discomfort (something I remember from the '90s creatine I remember). No issues drinking this down, mixed or just in plain water.

VALUE-8.5
        It sells on the Nutra-Bio website for around $20 or a little less. Creatine on its own can be found for cheaper, but not with the included Taurine and Glutamine. If soreness is hampering your workouts (and life in general) its a good investment, trust me!

OVERALL-9
        Good stuff! Honestly, I truly cant think of why you WOULDNT be taking this if you're thinking about running some creatine. It mixes well, goes down smooth, and does what it is meant to do.

January 17, 2018

• Actually Is Tasteless
        • Needs Creapure.

Here we have another review coming from one of my favorite companies in NutraBio. I have had good results with many of their products, and this one was no exception.

CGT-Max uses three fairly common ingredients in creatine, glutamine, and taurine. They include creatine monohydrate at 4.2 g and creatine MagnaPower at 833 mg for a total of 5 g of creatine. NutraBio uses Kyowa Glutamine which is naturally fermented glutamine from plants at 4 g. Finally they include 2 g of taurine. As you can see, this is an extremely simple profile, but ingredients that we have all taken before. Most of the time, they can be found in pre or post workout drinks and for most of us, the ingredients provide good results. The only thing that would make this profile better is if CreaPure was used instead of plain monohydrate.

Taste: I requested and received the unflavored version and it was truly unflavored. Never altered the taste of anything I mixed it with and was just about undetectable in water.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed up fine; only some minor settling at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Dosing 10/10: Suggested use is take one serving mixed into 16 oz. of a beverage of your choice two times daily. On training days, I dosed mine pre and post workout and on off days, I just took one serving in the morning because I felt like I did not need two servings if I was not working out.

I thought that this product was effective for the ingredients included in here. I used both doses peri-workout, because I felt that the creatine would be best utilized in this way, the taurine would help taking it pre-workout, and the glutamine taken post-workout. I noticed that my endurance was slightly better. I have not been as active in the gym lately as I was in the beginning of the year and the summer and I am really trying to get back to where I was. My strength and endurance has been down and this was a nice boost to get me going again. The taurnine provided some nice hydration and provided decent pumps in combination with the creatine. The glutamine/creatine combo enhanced my recovery times a bit. I do not think this was a miracle supplement, but you cannot really expect that with these ingredients. At the end of the day, CGT-Max met my expectations and did not leave me disappointed in that regard.

This is being sold for just about $20 on Amazon and includes shipping for free with Prime. This comes out to $0.50 per serving (remember directions call for two scoops a day), so it is a pretty good value. You are getting two trademarked ingredients in this product and nothing that you do not need. Dosing it the way I did, I believe that it lasted me just under a month.

Side Effects

Nothing for me.

Conclusion

I think that this is a good product, and priced fairly enough where it can be a staple supplement. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a creatine blend. Thank you NutraBio for sending it out.

Overall
        Overall
        9.2
        9.5

• Increased Recovery

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is one of many products from nutrabio I have used and really liked. When this showed up on the trooper program and saw how the other reviews for this were rating this I had to claim it right away. If you read the other reviews for this all of them have rated this pretty high. Now after using this product I can see why the other reviews for this are all giving it such high ratings.

This is a little more than a straight up creatine product. In this you get two kinds of creatine, creatine Mono 4.17g and creatine magnapower 833mg. Also what makes this a little different is you get some glutamine 4g and Taurine 2g. Also you get some magnesium 67mg. What I really like about this company is that they will never use any prop blends and always tell you what all your getting in their products. You will never get fillers, dyes or artificial colorings in their products which is really good. Here is some info I got off their website as to what all creatine, glutamine, and taurine does.

Creatine= Creatine is one of the most researched and important supplements today. It has become a must for athletes wanting to increase workout intensity while delaying the onset of fatigue. Research has shown that supplementing with creatine can boost muscle size, strength and endurance, improve athletic performance, and speed muscle recovery. Saturating your muscles with creatine improves your body's ability to quickly replenish and recycle ATP, which increases muscle energy and delays muscle fatigue. Studies show that when athletes supplement with creatine while weight training, they can quickly gain lean body mass and strength. If you're creatine non-responder or if you've had stomach issues with creatine in the past, that all over. CGT-MAX powerful creatine complex (including Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine MagnaPower) eliminates bloat, cramps, non-responsiveness and maximizes creatine muscle uptake.

Glutamine= Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. It plays a crucial role in cell volumizing and has powerful anabolic and anti-catabolic effects, promoting protein synthesis while inhibiting protein breakdown. Studies show that supplementing with as little as two grams of free-form L-glutamine may boost your growth hormone levels by as much as 400%. For strength athletes, glutamine is extremely important. Studies show that training over an extended period of time, rapidly depletes both muscle and blood glutamine levels. What's worse, during periods of stress, glutamine is further depleted, and if not reversed, glutamine is pulled directly from the muscle. Supplementing with glutamine is an effective way to restore muscle glutamine to optimum levels reducing muscle deterioration which occurs when other tissues rob glutamine from muscle cells.

Taurine= Taurine is the second most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue and some biologists believe it is the most voluminous amino in striated type 2 muscle fiber! Taurine has several critical functions and can act similarly to creatine in that it expands your cells by helping the muscle cell itself hold more water, increasing cell volume. This can be significant for building muscle because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis as well as an increased appearance of muscle fullness. Taurine is also thought to enhance interstitial contractile leverage which may aid your ability to lift heavier weight.

In CGT-Max we use a vegetable based, naturally fermented, L-Glutamine only! We do not sell synthetic glutamine or glutamine that is fermented from human hair like much of the cheaper glutamine on the market. Our Creatine Chelate (Creatine MagnaPower) is patented creatine manufactured by Albion Labs to specifications. Our free form Taurine is produced through chemical synthesis. Absolutely no animal products or by-products are used in its manufacture and there is absolutely no animal urine used in the manufacturing process. This is pure taurine, USP grade - USP26/JP8. This taurine is NON-GMO, BSE/TSE free, and is not treated in any way including irradiation and EtO. This product is free of solvents, preservatives, and pesticides.

I got the lemon lime flavor. I thought this was pretty good. Had that nice lemon lime taste to it and was not overly sweet, tart, or bitter. This I thought was very refreshing to drink. I usually mixed this with my pre-workout which was fruit punch and this helped give it a more cherry limeaid taste.

This seemed to mix really well for me. There was some left over sediment that I noticed on the inside of my shaker bottle. It was nothing to just add a little water to it swish it around and then slam it. It says to take this twice a day. I only used it once per day. Weather you take this before or after your workout does not really matter a lot. I decided to use this with my pre-workout. Normally I would always take my creatine after my workouts but lately I have been taking it before my workouts with my pre-workout.

I look for creatine type products to help me gain strength and power, help me perform and feel better in the gym, and help with some recovery. WOW was this product good I will say. What I liked about this product is that it was a bit more than just a creatine product. This has a few other goodies thrown into one product which was nice to have and really helped me a lot more. It took me a little bit before I could really tell if this was working for me or not. I would say this took me about a week if that to start noticing this starting to work for me. When I started to notice this working for me is when my workouts really changed for the good. The last few weeks that I have been on this my workouts have been amazing. I will start off by talking about the three main ingredients they put in this and how each of them really effected me.

First I will talk about the Taurine they put in here at 2g. Taurine is suppose to help you with some energy. I think this did a good job at helping to aid me with a little extra energy to help keep me going longer along with what I was getting from my pre-workout. This is also suppose to help your muscle cells expand more so you hold more water and helps to increase cell volume. The muscle fullness I got from this was amazing. The way my muscle started to look after awhile was incredible. I also really started to gain a lot more size in my muscles I was noticing which is always fun to see.

Second ingredient is glutamine at 4g. I think glutamine is a great product by itself. Glutamine is suppose to help you with better recovery and help boost your immune system. At the 4g they use I feel is a decent amount. I feel this helped me a lot with my recovery. I think it helped me to feel a lot better recovery wise. Also my immune system seemed to be a lot better and helped my overall body to feel better from any kind of colds or sickness I may have gotten. Before I started this product I was having some issues with my nose wanting to start running during my workouts (for some reason) and I feel this helped me get rid of that runny nose issue I was dealing with. I still had some issues with that but it was way less than what it was to start with. This I feel was good at helping to keep my body in check and working better.

The last part and most important ingredient is creatine. They use two different types of creatine in this creatine Mono and creatine magnapowder. When I started to notice this working for me it seemed like as each week went by I felt I was able to up my workouts that week a bit more. Overall I felt so much better and was able to step up my workouts a lot more because of how good I was feeling. I felt a lot less soreness that I had to deal with. I did not seem to hurt as much when I did some of my lifts. My overall endurance was so much better and felt a lot less muscle fatigue. I know that my overall strength gains went up a lot. On days when I would do my dumbbell shoulder presses and close grip bench press my weight I was able to do on there really went up a lot. Of course I noticed it on other lifts also but those two lifts is where I really noticed it a lot more so. It seemed like the longer I was on this the better it seemed to work for me.

Overall this seemed to be really good on my stomach and never caused me very much in the way of bloating. I know a lot of the time when I use creatine mono I tend to bloat a lot in the stomach and because of that I have been staying away from creatine mono a lot lately. With this I felt any bloating I got from this was very little so that tells me this is a much better creatine in general they use. I know that since I have been on this my weight has gone up a bit and feel I have been able to put on a lot more muscle mass. How this made me feel and perform was amazing.

The cheapest I could find this was off their own website and they want $20.99 for 40 servings. I think for a product like this it is more than worth the price they want. I know amazon has this for $19.99 but I noticed the label was a little different but could not find the ingredient profile on there to see if it was still the same or it they have chanced it at all now but either way it's still a really good price.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed. Maybe some slight bloating and that's about it.

Conclusion

Overall I feel this is a very solid product coming from a very solid and trust worthy company. This did way more for me than I ever thought it would do. What's nice about this product is you get a little more out of it than just creatine. I like how they keep this very simple yet very effective. You want to be able to perform better and have a lot of really good strength gain then I highly recommend you try this. It's hard to believe they could make a product this good and so cheap to buy. I would say right now this is probably the best creatine product I have ever used and for sure will be using this again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Overall
          Overall
          9.2

• Third Party Tested
          • Lab Results By Lot #

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I am always in the market and tend to keep Creatine in my stack at all times, as it is one of those supplements that is proven and effective. Once I saw NutraBio post up their opportunity for CGT Max I could not pass this up, and was very excited to try it as I have taken multiple Nutrabio products but never their Creatine. Special thanks to the SR Program and NutraBio for making this possible and allowing me to review this. Lets see if CGT Max took me to the max!

As with every other NutraBio products fully transparent label. I believe this company was one of the first in the market to go 100% transparency with their labels, but don't quote me on that, its just how I have always known them. Lets break the key ingredients down:

Creatine Monohydrate (4.2g): This is the most common form of Creatine, and typically the default of most creatine products out there. It has decent intenstinal absorption and is typically the standard when comparing different forms of Creatine. The dose here is a nice start, someone at my size requires around 8g Creatine daily, so happy here.

Creatine Magnapower (800mg): Also known as Magnesium Creatine Chelate, this process bonds magnesium to creatine which means it is absorbed via a different pathway compared to creatine mono. The idea here is that using a different transporter to get the creatine to the muscle cells, less is lost in transport and broken down into waste products. Also, using magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine mono. (http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=magnesium-creatine-chelate-vs-creatine-monohydrate)

Glutamine (4g): A conditionally essential amino acid which only appears to benefit the body as supplementation when otherwise deficient (vegans, vegetarians with low dairy intake) or during prolonged endurance exercise. Anecdotally reported to reduce sugar cravings. This is generally touted as a muscle builder, however, that has yet to be proven. 5g or above is recommended dose depending on your bodyweight, so the 4g we get here is a safe dose, depending on how you dose this product.

Taurine (2g): Taurine is an organic acid which acts as a lipid/membrane stablilizer in the body and can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems. Recommended dosing here is 500mg - 2g daily, and not to exceed 3g. We get a great dose here.

Taste: I got the Lemon-Lime flavor, which usually does not excite me, but I really enjoyed this one. It felt like a healthy gatorade every time I drank it, so that made me happy. I always chug my creatine in one gulp, so this went down nice and smooth and left a great taste in my mouth.

Mixability: I mixed this in a shaker cup with 6-8oz of water each time with no issues at all. It blended in real easy with a few shakes, so was real nice and quick to shake shake shake, gulp and move on. Easy day here.

Dosing: I took 2 scoops of this on my workout days, and one scoop on rest days. On the workout days I would take one scoop Post Workout and one scoop late afternoon. I tend to require around 8g Creatine for my weight (240 pounds), so on workout days I would get an amazing 10g, and 5g on my rest, which worked just fine for me. Nice part of the 5g scoop is you can dose as needed, though 2 scoops did cause me to take too much Taurine but I saw no sides or anything from violating the recommended daily amount. If you do have any concerns then just take one scoop a day.

I was taking a product with Laxogenin at the same time as this, and was trying to figure out which product was giving me this great muscle fullness I was experiencing. The last two weeks of this, my Laxogenin product was long gone and I realized that it was all CGT Max giving me that great look. That is the reason I take Creatine to begin with, sure the muscle recovery is nice but I also take BCAA to aid in that. I did find when taking this my body would feel more hydrated, which always feels good. To me this was almost like an electrolyte Creatine product rolled into one. I believe this did aid me in some recovery as well, but I cannot be certain on that since I did take a BCAA at the same time. End of the day this was a solid Creatine product with some added hydration and recovery benefits. I was very happy with running this product!

You can grab this for $19.99 for 40 servings from Amazon or $21.99 from Nutrabio themselves. That comes out to 50 cents a scoop, which is a pretty great deal in my opinion. The value here is quality ingredients, with a great combination to aid in recovery and muscle building. So yeah, great value here that should fit just about anyones budget. Also of note, NutraBio offers a military discount as well for active duty members.

Side Effects

Increased bathroom trips about an hour after taking, due to increased hydration, but thats a good thing!

Conclusion

NutraBio remains one of the top Supplement companies in my head. They truly set the standard on most of their supps and did not miss the mark on CGT Max. Simple is what is needed here and thats what you get, no crazy fillers and no nonsense. This is on my list of one of the best Creatine supps I have taken to date, so was very happy to try this out and do highly recommend this to anyone looking to build some real muscle, enjoy that muscle fullness look, and aid in recovery. Thanks again!

• No Unnecessary Ingredients
            • Needs Creapure.

Happy holidays SR! I would first like to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for participating in the TROOP program. This product was one that I was excited to try for numerous reasons. First, Nutrabio is a company that ALWAYS delivers. They use quality ingredients backed by science and tested for purity. They fully disclose each ingredient, and don't include unnecessary fillers or additives. Second, I have been taking different creatine products since my days as a college football player. I have taken comprehensive post-workout formulas that included creatine like Cell-tech/Cell-tech hardcore/post jym/afterglow/nutrabio post/etc and I have taken individual creatine products like con-cret (or just hcl)/krealkalyn/monohydrate (every form)/creatine magna power/etc. That being said, I have never had the opportunity to take a product that was purely creatine, glutamine, and taurine. This was exciting for me because it gave me the opportunity to really focus in on those three core ingredients and see how they changed my recovery and workouts.

Sometimes simple and straightforward is the best option. That is the mentality that Nutrabio took with this product. The profile is simple yet extremely effective and backed by science. The profile is:
            67mg of magnesium supplied by the creatine magna power
            4.17g of creatine monohydrate
            830mg of creatine magna power
            4g L glutamine
            2g taurine

This is an extremely simple profile, but it gets the job done for me! I like the idea of a creatine product without tons of added ingredients that I don't really need or want. I mean do you really want to pay for the additional ingredients if they aren't necessary? This product has three very important ingredients that I believe work well together. There is a reason why every "comprehensive post-workout" product includes creatine, glutamine, and taurine!

I received the fruit punch flavor. To be honest, it is kind of an odd flavor at first but it really does grow on you. I actually enjoyed drinking it each and every time, and even enjoyed the taste when I mixed it with my vanilla or strawberry protein powder.

CGT Max mixed extremely well. I would just add between 10-16 ounces into my shaker and kinda slosh/swirl it around and that would do the trick. I didn't need to ever shake it up, so I would say you would be safe mixing it in a cup with a spoon. I didn't notice any sinkers or floaters, so that was a plus as well.

I took CGT Max one scoop at a time. I would take it once in the morning after fasted cardio and again at night following my workout.

I found that CGT Max lived up to the hype. CGT Max was better than any of the pure creatine products that I have taken, and it worked as well as any other post-workout formula that I have taken, which brings me back to my statement above- who wants to pay for additional ingredients that aren't necessary? Sometimes less is more, and that was certainly the case with this product.

I found that I was stronger in the gym, but didn't make any crazy superhuman gains. I would say this met my expectations and was comparable to other products when it came to strength and power. Where this product really stood out was in the recovery department. I felt like I was able to recover much quicker, both in between sets and in between days. I would hit the gym hard day after day and never really felt fatigued.

I believe this product is a great value. You can purchase it through numerous vendors, direct, or through amazon. If you purchase direct it is around $21 and if you purchase through amazon it is around $20. For that purchase price, you will receive 40 servings. That is a great deal in my opinion considering that you can by pure creatine products for around the same price, and you can count on comprehensive post-workout formulas to cost way more per serving. I would definitely consider this to be a steal.

Side Effects

none, besides improved recovery and some strength gains.

Conclusion

Sometimes less is more. CGT Max is a simple product with a low price. It will give you better results than taking creatine alone, and will give you comparable or better results than many comprehensive post workout products. It allowed me to have better recovery, allowing me to turn up to the max each and every time I went to the gym. I would highly recommend this product, and will personally continue to take it in the future.
            • Fruit punch: 8/10

Overall
            Overall
            9.1
            9.1
            9.8
              December 27, 2017

• Label Transparency

Season's greetings to my SR family. I'm winding up this holiday season with another review from what has quickly become my favorite supplement company, Nutrabio. This company never ceases to amaze me with the quality and purity of via products, and they are always a willing participant in the SR troop program. Thanks again guys! Today this review is on their creatine blend, CGT Max.

One thing I have always liked about Nutrabio is their label transparency. Every ingredient in the container is listed on the label, they use no fillers or artificial colors or dyes of any kind. CGT Max contains 5 grams of a creatine blend (4.17 grams of creatine monohydrate and 830 mg of magnesium creatine chelate), 4 grams of L-Glutamine, and 2 grams of taurine. In addition, 67 mg of magnesium are added. This seems to be the perfect formula for a bodybuilding trifecta--strength, endurance, and recovery (with pumps sprinkled in for good measure).

I tried the lemon lime flavor, and truth be told, it was absolutely delicious. It reminded me of a lemon lime sherbert. Nutrabio nailed this flavor. I had no problem mixing this; I just added a scoop to 12 oz of water in a blender bottle and shook for about 15 seconds. Stirring is another option, but it would probably take a little longer to mix...maybe a minute or so to avoid any of the product from settling at the bottom of the glass, bottle, or cup. The label recommends taking one scoop per day, which is what I did. However, I added an extra serving at the end of the day from time to time. This was usually used either first thing in the morning or post workout.

Muscle growth? Check. Increased endurance? Check. Enhanced recovery? Check. In other words, CGT Max does exactly what it is supposed to. I don't gauge my success in the gym by how much weight I move, but by how many reps I can pump out without sacrificing proper form. I can honestly say that I was able to coax 3-4 extra reps in all movements. The combination of all 3 ingredients had a synergistic effect not only on my strength, reovery, and endurance, but also the intensity of the pumps that CGT Max gave me.

Amazon sells CGT Max for $19.99, and elsewhere for a dollar more. For a 40 serving container, this equates to about 50 cents (Fiddy Cent?) per serving. For CGT Max's effectiveness, this doesn't represent a good value; it's a freaking STEAL!

Side Effects

No bloating, gas, or water retention.

Conclusion

Ever have one of those supplements that you always looked forward to taking? Well, CGT Max is 1 of those supps. It's one of those supplements that you can feel and see how well it works. Nutrabio is going to be one of those supplement companies where because of its reputation, they could sell a $7 bottle of water. And you know what? I just might be one of the first in line to buy it.