(Better than 88% in Other Energy Supplements)

CGT-MAX is an Energy Supplement manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

June 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • No Prop Blends
  • Label Transparency
  • A Little Expensive

Recovery product to help you with DOMS and muscle building.

First and foremost I would like to thank NutraBio for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I have a hard time with DOMS after each session. I'm not sure if I overwork my body since these should settle after a few months. I'm trying not to remember what my DOMS were like when I just started lifting weights. So help with recovery is really something I'm always on a lookout for. This is especially important to me when I do my legs. For some reason it does not matte if I do legs everyday they always hurt the next day.

This has a simple profile

5 Grams of Creatine

The most studied supplement that will provide you with a boost of strength. It has many other attributes, so anyone wanting to gain muscle should take their time and read more about this supplement. It is being offered here at 5 grams which is ok and is the minimum. For me the ideal would be 8 grams. Please check this link out to find out how much you would need https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/creatine_calculator.htm.

Unfortunately this ingredient isn't really meant to be a recovery product. Creatine actually could potentially increase your DOMS since it will help you increase your output during training. So I'm thinking that this being categorized as energy supplement is probably more accurate.

I should also note that 830 mg of the total Creatine comes from Creatine MagnaPower. Supposedly by combining creatine and magnesium, the creatine can be absorbed and utilized for anabolic processes and prevents conversion to creatinine through the process of cyclization.

4 Grams of Glutamine

The body can make enough glutamine for its regular needs. But during times of extreme stress (the kind you experience after heavy exercise or an injury), your body may need more glutamine than it can make. Most glutamine is stored in muscles, followed by the lungs where much of the glutamine is made. So in order to prevent muscle catabolism you should replenish you glutamine after a extensive workout.

and lastly 2 Grams of Taurine

Taurine has been known to increase muscle mass, muscle strength, power, reduces muscle damage caused by exercise, accelerate recovery between workouts, and may also have an insulin-like effect in the body.

I received Tropical Fruit Punch and I enjoyed it. It predominantly tastes like passion fruit juice. It was very easy to mix and I had one scoop right after my workout. I wanted to use this product more as recovery product than a energy or a pre-workout product.

As soon as I started to use CGT I felt better at the GYM the next day. I felt like my muscles had better recovery and I did feel pretty good the next day to do my other muscle group. The longer I took this product the better I felt and stronger. This product greatly helped me with the prohormones cycle that I was on. Especially when I came off it since the creatine kept my strength levels almost at the same levels. But mostly I am happy with the results that it provided with recovery and that I was getting 5 grams of creatine that I need daily to improve my strength.

This can been purchased for 20$ for 40 servings. This comes out to 50 cents per serving. That's really not that bad but I feel like if you buy the three ingredients separate you will probably get a much better deal. The only thing that you will be lucking is a flavor. I'm going to try to brake it down if you bought Taurine powder separately from as an example Bulk Supplements you would pay .05 cents per 2 grams. If you bought Glutamine from the same vendor you would pay .11 cents for 4 grams and lastly creatine mono. will cost you .085 cents per 5 grams. This will come out to be 15 cents per serving of all three ingredients. This means that you are paying 35 cents per serving to NutraBio for flavor, packaging and name. You would also have to consider quality although from what I know Bulk is third party tested. Although NutraBio did use patented ingredients like Creatine MagnaPower and Glutimine of Kyowa Quality.

Side Effects

Absolutely None

Conclusion

Good product that will help to those who do not want to go that extra mile to supplement those ingredients somewhere else. The ingredients in this product are very fundamental to anyone that goes to the gym. You definitely want to supplement Creatine if you want to build muscle. You definitely would like to have some Glutamine after a hard workout and lastly you want to have Taurine to help you improve your performance. Personally I'm going to think twice if I want to spend my money on this.
  • Tropical Fruit Punch: 8/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $19.99
NutraBio   $20.99

June 1, 2018

• Ineffective For Recovery At 1 Scoop

CGT Max is a great option for anyone looking for recovery and strength all rolled into one without the need to take several different products.

Whats up SR, wanted to drop my review of CGT Max by Nutrabio. I chose to review this product because I am always looking for any edge I can get when it comes to strength and recovery, rolling both of those into one had my interest right away. Shout out to Nutrabio for always hooking up the Troopers, and shoutout to the Trooper program for existing in the first place.

So as per always we have a fully disclosed profile from Nutrabio, love seeing that, the profile goes as follows:

Creatine - 5g (10g per serving for me)
This is made up of 4.17g of pure creatine monohydrate and 830mg of creatine magna power. I like to see this personally, you have slightly below clinical dosing of creatine monohydrate ( at one scoop) but I like that they made this into a multi-sourced creatine. As most of you know creatine is used to help boost ATP in the human body. This allows us to see increases in strength, power and muscle size.

Glutamine - 4g (8g per serving for me)
Once again slightly below clinical dosing here (at a single scoop serving), but a very solid dose of glutamine. This is added to help increase recovery, help stop muscle breakdown and has been shown to have positive effects on the immune system.

Taurine - 2g (4g per serving for me)
Taurine is included to help aid in hydration, to draw more water into the muscles which can help the body absorb the creatine better.

The flavor I received was Lemon Lime, it was a solid tasting supplement, not my favorite flavor but it was easy to drink and I never dreaded taking this. Mixability was solid as well, as with most creatine supplements I always swirl the shaker constantly to prevent settling. Dosing for me was 2 scoops on both training and non training days. I wanted to run with the 2 scoop serving to see if I could really notice the effects of the Glutamine and Taurine.

This product was effective for me in every role in which I wanted it to be. With doses of creatine coming in at 10g total between the two sources I was able to see some noticeable strength gains. Most of my lifts saw at least 5-10 pound increases over the month. The combination of the creatine and the taurine had my muscles feeling full and thick (hence the profile pic change lol). Overall I felt strong and powerful without feeling heavier overall. I actually lost weight while taking this product, maybe not as much as I would have without this (water retention). But seeing as how I did not have a set goal on the scales and my goal is more of a look I was really happy to see my muscles filling out a bit more before beach season.

My recovery while taking this product was great as well, at no point during this month did I have severe doms, and with my workout schedule without the help if recovery aids I would be a broken man. I was able to battle through some tough back to back workout days and many days in which I trained multiple times a day. In conjunction with my BCAA's and a half decent ketoish diet I was able to recover and see improvements week to week in terms of my workouts. Glutamine is tough to gauge for me and kind of always has been, but I did feel as though my recovery was slightly elevated from that of just taking BCAA's.

This can be found for as low as $19.99 on Lucky Vitamin and Amazon, giving it a value of either $0.33 per serving for a single scoop serve, or $0.66 per serving for 2 scoop servings. However most of you will know that all of the ingredients here are very cheap to buy in bulk. However the convenience of all in one is really nice.

Side Effects

None, other then some water retention, which is pretty standard with this form of creatine

Conclusion

In conclusion CGT Max is a great all in one recovery and strength aid that takes the thinking out of the equation for the user. While it is missing the BCAA's for recovery many people take BCAA's on their own. The blend of creatines and high doses of glutamine and taurine at the two scoop serving allow the user to get the benefits of the strength and muscle fullness of the creatine and taurine while allowing for a large dose of glutamine to handle the recovery from tough workouts. Very solid product and one I would certainly recommend beginners try when first looking to expand from standard supplementation (whey, multivitamins, etc). Well done Nutrabio.

Other Prices:
Amazon   $19.99
NutraBio   $20.99

May 30, 2018

• Needs A Little More Creatine
  • Taste Needs A Little Work

Good addition if you already have a stack assembled.

What is going on guys? This is a rather interesting product review today because I've never seen any other product like it. NutraBio put together a mixture of commonly helpful supplements into one blend. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR for making this review possible and without further delay let's jus right in!

Fully disclosed label with no additives or fillers:
5g of Creatine: that includes 4.17g of creatine monohydrate and 830mg of creatine magna power.
Creatine is one of the most researched supplements on the market today and has many benefits for bodybuilders, powerlifters, and really all gym rats alike. It can aid in an increase in strength gains and support lean mass gain. It is a must-have in anyone's stack. A lot of people believe in creatine loading so the dose could be higher here to maybe attract more buyers.

4g of Glutamine: This can be very valuable because glutamine is a great add for muscle recovery benefits due to glutamine depletion. I would like to see a little more here, as I personally, have seen the greatest benefits with glutamine involving doses in the 5g to 10g range.

2g of Taurine: Taurine can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance. Think of it as a supplement for your other supplements.

At first glance, this looks like a pretty random collection of ingredients. But NutraBio may be onto something. The combination of benefits between these three simple supplements is actually quite remarkable and could be the difference in breaking through a fitness plateau.

Taste: Lemon Lime was as good as a lemon lime flavor good be to me. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor in general, but it reminded me of a yellow sports drink. The flavor strength depends on how much water you mix in with it.

Mixibility: No issues to report. Make sure to use at least 8 ounces of water or the flavor will be VERY potent/strong.

Dosage: I used 1 serving for ten days and then upped it to 2 servings for the remaining 15 days. When I took 1 serving I would take that serving immediately post workout and when I used 2 servings I would take one pre workout and one immediately post workout.

I did norice that, my DOMs went down quite noticeably with 2 scoops. I think this is due to the 8g of Glutamine. At least for me, when I'm supplementing between 5g-10g of glutamine that's when I feel like I get the full benefits of the supplement. I woke up feeling more refreshed as opposed to not taking anything at all.

I think the addition of creatine and taurine as daily supplements can be very useful for overall strength training and muscle water retention. I felt like this product made my muscles look and feel 'fuller'. I never felt flat while taking this product (in terms of muscle water retention). I purposefully pushed myself to train heavier since I was intaking so much monohydrate. It definitely helped me lift heavier more consistently than I had been and hit higher numbers on my compound lifts. I use compound lifting as the 'benchmark' for which I measure my strength gains. If I can lift more weight or do a higher number reps while taking a supplement like this then I would usually consider that product beneficial in helping me reach my goals. And this product did exactly that as my numbers did increase by 5-10 pounds or a couple extra reps that I wasn't able to get the month before. That doesn't sound like a lot to most people but it's more than enough for me lol.

The cheapest prices I could find were on amazon.com and LuckyVitamin.com where both sites sold this for $19.99. That comes out to roughly 50 cents per serving. I think that the price is very fair considering you can buy the individual ingredients in bulk for very cheap separately. I also think that the benefits do justify the price in this case.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great add to any stack if you are looking for a recovery/strength aid to add to your stack without breaking the bank.

May 16, 2018

• Taste Needs A Little Work

What is up guys this is Dr. G here for another review. Today I am reviewing CGT Max from nutrabio. Advertised as an energy supplement I think it does a lot more than that. I think the ingredients included allow a good amount of recovery and helps with muscle growth as well.

Creatine Complex (5g)
Creatine monohydrate (4.17g) and creatine magna powder (833mg) - If you guys don't know the physiological process of creatine I am going to give you a quick overview. ATP is the source of energy in all of our bodies once ATP is formed the workouts you perform and contracting muscle causes your body to use ATP. Once ATP is used it is reduced into ADP and then creatine helps turn ADP into ATP for your body to use. Yes this is only one part of what creatine does, but I thought I would give a quick overview since there are also newbies on this site. Additionally, creatine has been studied extensively. There are probably close to 7000 peer reviewed articles on creatine and its ability. Most of these found three common results of creatine: increased muscle levels of creatine, improved training intensity, and greater increases in lean body mass. Creatine Magna powder this a combination of magnesium and creatine which are both used for ATP synthesis. This is included, I am assuming, to improve the effects of creatine.

L-glutamine (4g) - Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles. Glutamine levels deplete during workouts, but supplementing extra glutamine is not necessarily to gain more muscle, but for the maintenance effects of L-Glutamine.

Taurine (2g) - Taurine has several functions can help expand your cells by helping the muscle cell hold more water, and therefore increasing cell volume. This is important to us because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis. This is an ingredient that is present in many energy drinks as well as it has been said to have an energy component.

Taste was good, but not absolutely great (I think this is just more because of the flavor). Like I have said in many other of my reviews I really like lemon and lime flavored supplements. For this one I did not mind drinking it, but it was almost a flavor overload for me. I know that you can just add more water to make the flavor less intense, but I also don't want to be drinking so much water just to take a supplement. In terms of mixability, I think it was good. There was really no settling if you used the correct amount of water and for me I usually drank it with 12 oz in my shaker cup. For dosing 1 scoop was 12.3g and I thought was a pretty good amount. In my opinion this was a perfect amount.

Loved this product! I think that the combination of ingredients in this product really helped me during the time I took it. During the entire time I was taking this product I notice great recovery from workout to workout. I could play basketball and lift one day then come back the next day and do the same thing without any major muscular repercussion. I usually took this throughout the day including right after my workouts and on the way to work. For my second serving I took it during my lunch which is at about 2:00pm everyday. This product gave me a nice little pick me up during the middle of the day. I like depending on this for energy because I also got the extra creatine I needed without having to take another pure creatine supplement. This is a great segway to talk about the improved energy this product gave me. I usually need some type of upper when I am working whether it be coffee or other stimulants. These other stimulants gave me a minor crash toward the end of the day but taking this instead allowed me to get through the day. The product overall hit every nail right on the head and performed as advertised. I really think everyone should give this a go.

For 40 servings I found this supplement on NutraBio's website for $20.99 and believe it or not they do not sell this on bodybuilding.com. I did find this on amazon.com for $19.96 for 40 servings which is about .50 per serving. Overall I think this is a good value based on what you get out of this supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another great product put out by Nutrabio. I think it offers a variety of benefits including improved energy, increase creatine supplementation, improved recovery, and increased endurance. If you have not given this a try I recommend complementing your workout routines with this supplement. As always make sure you do your research before taking a new supplement.

May 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purity
  • Needs A Little More Creatine

CGT-Max is great for overall recovery and helping to keep your gears grinding throughout your workouts.

As always, a special thanks to Nutrabio for their continued support and participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology as this review is a bit late. I've tried more Nutrabio products than I can count. So, to see a product that combines top quality ingredients known for their benefits in energy production and recovery, was exciting. Creatine, glutamine, and taurine have always been ingredients that I've responded to well. Being able to use them in combination seemed like a recipe for some solid results.

As per usual if not always with Nutrabio's products, the ingredient profile is fully disclosed with all dosages and ingredients.

CGT-Max beings with 5g of Creatine consisting of a complex of 4.17g of pure creatine monohydrate and 830mg of magnesium creatine chelate.

Next we have 4g of L-glutamine followed by 2g of taurine.

The only things I would want done different, is to add maybe one more gram of glutamine and perhaps double the creatine dosage since the benchmark dosage of creatine for most is 10g mainly for maintenance. A loading phase with creatine with dosages at 15-20g for the first week or two is often recommended, but usually this is up to the user's personal preference and experience with creatine. I personally, don't think it is mandatory and don't always use a loading phase. Often, I'll only use the loading phase if I am beginning a new cycle following a prolonged off-period. I was not beginning a new cycle since I was still using creatine before hand so for me, a loading phase with this product was not necessary.

I received the lemon lime flavor. I thought it was not bad, but it was a little watered down for me. Not the worst thing I have tasted, but not the best either.

It mixed fine with water or a sports drink without anh undissolved sediment or clumps.

I took two scoops on training days and one scoop on non-training days. On training days, I would take one scoop mixed with either water or a sports drink an hour before my workouts and a scoop immediately post workout. On non-training days, I'd take one scoop mixed with a sports drink and consume it in the early morning about 30 minutes before breakfast.

From a recovery aspect, CGT-Max hit home on this one. My post workout and next morning DOMS and lethargy were reduced significantly and I had an elevated feeling of natural energy throughout each consecutive day. As a result, I was going into each workout more pumped and primed.

The pre workout serving gave me more complimentary energy and endurance as well. My energy levels were clean and consistent and I had no crash or dirty wired up feelings I would sometimes get if I overdid the stims. Endurance was also noticeably improved. I had less soreness an fatigue between sets, even with high volume TUT intervals with heavy compound movements. I was able to perform more reps and more frequent sets with less rest in between. Cardio endurance was somewhat improved as was my boxing performance.

Th cheapest price I found was 19.99 on amazon. You get 40 servings per tub. I personally think the value is very good considering the efficacy and the amount of servings you get. Even if you use two scoops each day, it'll still last a good amount of time.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio has delivered yet again with another top notch high quality supplement with CGT-Max. It'll help give your energy, recovery, and endurance a good boost, without giving any unnecessary additive or filler ingredients. With its current price, it is well worth the investment especially when you enjoy the benefits of creatine, glutamine, and taurine.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!!
  • Lemon Lime: 6/10

May 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purity
  • Some Mixing Issues

NutraBio's CGT Max is a simple clean way to recover from whatever activity you are putting your body through.

Big thanks to NutraBio for sending CGT Max my way. I have seen that it has high reviews and even has won the product of the month before, so I was interested in seeing what it is all about. It combines 3 simple ingredients to make one effective formula for recovery and strength which I am sure we can all agree on is a very important part of working out.

So in true NutraBio fashion, the label is completely open and honest with what is inside:

Creatine 5g
Glutamine 3.5g
Taurine 2g

The creatine is a complex of two different creatines with them being Creatine Monohydrate and Creatine MagnaPower which is said to increase uptake into the muscles and reduce gastric bloat that is often associated with taking creatine.

Glutamine is one of the most naturally occurring amino acids in our body, but it plays a vital role in recovery. It has powerful anabolic and anti-catabolic effects, promoting protein synthesis while inhibiting protein breakdown. Research shows that the average body can do this with a 2g dose, but active athletes should be close to double that dose.

Taurine is added to this product to help aid in hydration. It does this by being highly absorbable into the muscle fiber upon which it causes the muscle to swell and hold more water. When muscles can hold more water, you have better overall hydration throughout the body.

The flavor that I requested and received was the lemon lime. I was not quite sure what to expect given that I have seen several reviews saying that the flavors were light on taste and were also watered down tasting. Abailey108 nailed the taste with his comparison of it being a mild cocktail. It really did taste like a margarita or some other kind of alcoholic beverage that had some sort of lemon-lime flavor to it. The first time I tasted it, it reminded me of the old OLD version of lemon-lime CellTech, and a mix of a beverage you could use to trick people into thinking they were drinking a hard mixed drink. This flavor was not off-putting by any means, I just didn't notice myself enjoying it enough to chug it.

Mixability was hit or miss. I would find myself with some residue left over in the shaker cup regardless of how much fluid I mixed it with, but this was a not a deal breaker for me. I would just add some more water and drink what as left.

Dosing was 1 scoop (12.3g) to roughly 12-15oz of water after my workout. I find for me that 5g creatine is my sweet spot and do not need more than that. I would try to mix this with somewhat colder water that way it was more of that cold alcoholic type beverage feel lol.

Honestly, at first, I felt nothing from this. I am so used to drinking either only a protein shake or some type of Amino acid drink for recovery, and never really a lot of creatine. However I kept going with this, and by week two I could notice some added muscle size with fullness and an increase of strength/power output which is associated with using creatine. The flip side of this, was I also added some fluid weight as well. Glutamine has always been a non-factor supplement for me, as in I have taken it in the past and never really noticed an increased difference or effect, but at the same time adding in some extra won't hurt because it will help fight any underlying reasons for muscle breakdown that I might not be addressing. The taurine was effective in the sense that I could that I was better hydrated, and my urination output was also increased. Overall, this product has a simple goal that they are trying to achieve, and they did that. It's not that blow your pants off I am the king of the world type product, but once you stop using it, you wish you had more.

As many others have cited, you can get this on Amazon for $20 and free shipping with prime. Since I dosed this for the most part at 1 scoop per day that comes to $.50 per scoop. This is a fantastic deal. Yeah, you can buy these ingredients separately, however, can you get them with some flavor other than chalk and still have it be cheaper and as clean? Most likely not.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Simple, clean, and effective. Three words to describe this three-ingredient product that you can get for a steal to help you with recovery. Once again NutraBio delivers a clean product that is a winner and does what it says it will for the right price. If you are looking to add creatine to your routine you might as well do yourself a favor and get CGT Max so you can have the added benefits of the other two ingredients. The best part is that they offer this in an unflavored version so it can be added to anything you want. Great job NutraBio
  • Lemon Lime: 8/10

May 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purity
  • Water Retention At 2 Scoops
  • Ineffective For Recovery At 1 Scoop

Real quick: What's up with my ratings? 8.0 effectiveness with a Meh....? Well, it's not an issue of effectiveness it's a matter of what worked for me. Each ingredient in this worked well, but my issue is that I need far less creatine and taurine than I do glutamine. When I take creatine, I retain water very easily. So after trying the 3 in conjunction I've determined they're best separated-- for me.

Nutrabio is great. Creatine, Glutamine, and Taurine are all great. How come I'm not a huge fan of this combo?

I want to thank Nutrabio for sending this out and giving me a chance to test it. There are going to be a lot of good things in here about how well it worked in different areas. The problem is that the ratios didn't work for me and the way my body responds to each ingredient. Of course, I could supplement individually and just dose this for the ingredient I need the least of, but if I'm going to do that I might as well just buy all three separately.

At the end of the day, this worked well and I'll explain how; but, because I had to take more creatine than I usually do, it caused me to retain too much water. So for me, that's a deal breaker.

CGT has a transparent label, as with all Nutrabio products.

Each scoop contains 5g of creatine (4.2g Monohydrate, 800mg Magnapower), 4mg of Glutamine (Kyowa quality), and 2g of Taurine.

In theory I think this is a good combo. Creatine will lend itself to strength gains, but will also aid in speeding up recovery. Glutamine is technically a non-essential amino acid but it's easily depleted during constant exercise. Taurine aids in blood flow as well as to prevent cramping, which is helpful for both power output and performing at a high level during exercise, as well as speeding recovery.

Taste: Nutrabio flavors are always on the lighter side, which I appreciate. I received Lemon Lime and usually mixed one scoop with a full shaker bottle. The taste was watery but tart and I really enjoyed it. If I wanted to add other things to it like BCAAs or the 3-day wall breaker I ran in conjunction, it provided a good base that wasn't overwhelming if other things were added.

Mixability: It didn't really mix, but I didn't expect it to. There were no clumps, so it suspended in water easily and was easy to drink.

Dosing: I intended to load this with two scoops daily, then drop to one scoop daily after 4-5 days when I noticed the creatine taking effect. After this happened I spent about a week at 1 scoop and noticed I wasn't feeling any of the effects of the glutamine. I increased to two scoops for most of the rest of the run until I started IntraBlast which had it's own glutamine.

I started with a loading phase of 2 scoops daily until I noticed the creatine taking effect, then dropped to one scoop. At 5g of creatine, I sustained the effects easily. I was moving slightly more weight and hitting 1-3 more reps than normal. I noticed my muscles looked fuller as well, and there was very little water retention. Unfortunately, at 5g of creatine, I was getting 4g of glutamine and I wasn't noticing much from that. I increased to two scoops and started to see improved recovery time, and noticed fewer DOMS. I also noticed that water retention was setting in. I always notice it in my obliques first and while I don't think it looks terribly bad, it's not my preference. I prefer to try and stay more "cut", especially this time of year with summer coming up. I lived with it but didn't notice an improvement in the effects of the creatine from doubling the dose, so I feel like there may have been a lot wasted. Once I started taking IntraBlast I was getting more glutamine from that and reduced the dose to one scoop again. The water weight started to fall off pretty quickly and the strength was retained as it was throughout the entire run.

As for the Taurine, I personally never notice the effects of this ingredient. It seems to work as a silent agent. However, in the days since ending my run I've already noticed some cramping going on in whichever muscle I've worked the hardest in the morning (yesterday I had bad tricep cramping). I feel like this might be related to no longer having the influx of taurine to prevent it. However, prior to starting CGT I never had a problem with cramping really. I doubt I was taking enough for long enough to develop any sort of dependency, but still feel like the two must be related somehow.

I've been able to find this for $19.99 from multiple retailers, including Amazon. That seems to be the lowest price at $0.50/serving. If you need more than 5g of creatine to make it be effective, or only need 4g of glutamine, I think this is a good deal. You'll notice increased performance and shortened recovery at $.50/serving from one of (read:) the most reputable companies in the industry.

Side Effects

Water retention at 2 scoops daily

Conclusion

Overall I think this supplement is going to be either a bust or a huge asset, depending on the person. It would be great to consolidate various tubs of powder into one if the dose ratios fit your needs. If they don't you're probably going to struggle with taking to much of something or not feeling the effects of something else. You're really not going to know until you try. It was my hope that the high-quality glutamine would reduce the amount I needed to take, but no such luck. All the same, your going with the right brand so feel confident testing the waters to see if it works for you. Thanks again to NutraBio!
  • Lemon Lime: 8/10

March 22, 2018

• Quality Statements By The Company

As yoh can tell from.my lack of recent reviews i have been on a pretty long supplement cleanse and fitness cleanse in general. While on it i wanted to keep things simple so i grabbed this.

3 ingredients clinically dosed and with nutrabio you know youre getting quality. 4g of glutamine, which is slightly less than the normal 5g you see in a lot of other products, but this form is said to be a lot purer than your average glutamine. I'm a big fan of glutamine because along with its other effects i feel like it really helps my immune system, which is very important in southeast Texas during the winter months. 2g of taurine to help with hydration and 5g of creatine.

I received the lemon lime flavor and like with all nutrabio products i have tried it left a little to be desired. Never a bad taste to me but very weak like watered down koolaid. Mixing was never an issue and as for dosing i would take this in place of my normal pre workout.

After going several months without any supplements other than this and a protein. I feel like my system was clear. Also taking a break from lifting i feel like gauging recovery benefits will be better too. After some really good workouts to start back i could tell that i was less sore when using this. The taurine helped with mid workout cramps as well. In the days before starting back fully i was getting some pretty bad leg and foot cramps from next to nothing. This seemed to really help.

19.99 for a tub of this stuff is more than fair to me. Yeh they are all 3 rather cheap ingredients, but you know with nutrabio you are getting lab tested and pure ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio can always be counted on for supplements from complex pre's to simple single ingredient supplements such as this. I apologize for my hiatus from supplements and fitness, with that said looking forward to coming bavk to the community
    • Lemon Lime: 6/10

March 20, 2018

• Tastes Great

Well, here I am again writing a review for a Nutrabio product. CGT-Max is their combo product made up of Creatine, Glutamine and Taurine. All three of these are pretty much staples in my everyday routine so I was excited to try a batch of it all put out by Nutrabio. I was off creatine for a while before using this product in full disclosure.

It really doesn't get more simple than this. You have three staple ingredients all jammed into a nice looking tub with some good flavor. 5g of creatine, 4g of L-Glutamine and 2g of taurine. CGT-Max pretty much claims muscle building and muscle recovery and these three ingredients are most certainly geared towards that. Glutamine is still kind of up in there when it comes to proven results, but I have always seemed to benefit from it, so I'm in. If you do two scoops a day, there is no doubt you are getting osme really nice doses of these ingredients. I would kid of like to see Creapure in here, but it is certainly not a deal breaker.

CGT-Max had a real unique flavor I thought. I recieved the lemon lime flavor and found it interesting. Still really good, but just interesting. Sometimes when I would drink it, it almost tasted like a very mild cocktail of some type. Nutrabio did a perfect job with sweetness in my opinion. There is just enough to get the flavor and enjoy it, but nothing past that. I think thats why I compared it to a cocktail with a really sweet mixer. You still get the taste but it gets dumbed down a lot by the alcohol (for this example i was thinking vodka, nothing wierd tasting). I always used 12-16ozs of cold water. Mixability was always on point with no major issues. I usually only dosed this one scoop a day after my workouts because I have always liked 5g of creatine a day. Just seems to work for me.

Keep in mind I had been off creatine for a while, so the effects may have been a little bit easier to realize, but I really noticed some good stuff from CGT-Max. I was able to really up my main lifts in the gym to where I like to be (I had been lifting light and doing cardio for some time). I got all my big lifts right back to my peak numbers in a pretty short period of time. Now I know this isn't all because of CGT-Max and no, I am not claiming some type of super powder. But I definitely felt it working, and more importantly I felt its recovery effects. After a heavy deadlift and squat day I definitely felt above average.

As many people people have pointed out, 20 bucks on amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have prime. Yes, I am sure you could hand pick these ingredients and possibly come up with a better deal, but this stuff tastes great and works. And you know you are getting quality ingredients with Nutrabio.

Side Effects

Sometimes I had to pee a little more often after drinking it.

Conclusion

Nutrabio has earned their reputation through the use of transparency and quality ingredients. This is a product that I purchased again and am planning to make it a regular thing. I am going to try going to the two scoops to see if there is any big difference. We'll see. Thank you very much Nutrabio for maiking another solid product and letting me try it! Bye for now.

February 19, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Purity
      • Aids Other Supplements
      • A Little Expensive

Hey SR, here today to review Nutrabio's recovery product CGT Max. This is a simple product with just 3 ingredients aimed at helping your muscles recover quicker to get gains in the gym. I have tried a similar product by ON way back in the day CGT-10 and liked it so I was eager to give this a try.

As mentioned above, this is a pretty simple profile with 5 grams of creatine (monohydrate and a little magna power), 4 grams of Glutamine, and 2 grams of taurine. We all know the benefits of creatine with muscle fullness and strength and 5 grams is a solid dosage, I consistently use a little less at 3 g. Glutamine can be a controversial ingredient but personally I love it and always have much better recovery while taking these products, and the boost to your immune system is always nice. I would like to see maybe an extra gram here to make it 5 g, but with Nutrabio's quality I won't complain too much. Taurine has a never of benefits with muscle hydration, endurance, and even pump enhancers so this is a nice addition as well. Taken all together, this combines three ingredients to help your workouts and recovery. With Nutrabio's focus on quality I think this is a nice profile.

I had the lemon lime flavor and it was great. Not too sweet, not too tart, a great flavor. I have mixed this on it's own and with other products (preworkouts, intraworkout) and it always mixed well, didn't have to reshake. Dosing is 2 times per day, but I always used just one scoop.

I used this for a little while on it's own, and it worked pretty well. My muscles felt a little bit better the day after with DOMS and recovery. Honestly though, I think this works a lot better in conjunction with other supplements. For example, when I used a preworkout that was pretty stim heavy but lacked in a couple of other areas, I would add a scoop of CGT Max and I felt I had improved workouts with added strength and endurance. When I had a better more all encompassing preworkout, I would add this to my intraworkout or with BCAAs throughout the day and noticed my recovery was much better and I was able to hit similar muscle groups faster throughout the week. So for me, when I add a scoop of this to some other staple supplements I really think they complimented them well and aided me in the gym as well in recovery. A nice supplement to my supplements.

A little bit of a mixed bag as far as value here. $20 for 40 servings isn't too bad on the surface, as you do get good amounts of the ingredients here. Problem is that these ingredients are pretty cheap on their own. For me though this being a supplement to my supplements and not really a standalone I do view it more as a luxury. Also, if you do the recommended 2 scoops a day that really hurts the value, although I never did. Overall, I don't think this is a bad value, and with 40 servings that helped my recovery I would buy this again if I had a little extra cash.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Looking for a little extra boost? I think a scoop of this here and there can help your performance in the gym as well as shorten your recovery.