(Better than 100% in Other Energy Supplements)

CGT-MAX is an Energy Supplement manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

January 17, 2018

• Needs Creapure.

Here we have another review coming from one of my favorite companies in NutraBio. I have had good results with many of their products, and this one was no exception.

CGT-Max uses three fairly common ingredients in creatine, glutamine, and taurine. They include creatine monohydrate at 4.2 g and creatine MagnaPower at 833 mg for a total of 5 g of creatine. NutraBio uses Kyowa Glutamine which is naturally fermented glutamine from plants at 4 g. Finally they include 2 g of taurine. As you can see, this is an extremely simple profile, but ingredients that we have all taken before. Most of the time, they can be found in pre or post workout drinks and for most of us, the ingredients provide good results. The only thing that would make this profile better is if CreaPure was used instead of plain monohydrate.

Taste: I requested and received the unflavored version and it was truly unflavored. Never altered the taste of anything I mixed it with and was just about undetectable in water.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed up fine; only some minor settling at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Dosing 10/10: Suggested use is take one serving mixed into 16 oz. of a beverage of your choice two times daily. On training days, I dosed mine pre and post workout and on off days, I just took one serving in the morning because I felt like I did not need two servings if I was not working out.

I thought that this product was effective for the ingredients included in here. I used both doses peri-workout, because I felt that the creatine would be best utilized in this way, the taurine would help taking it pre-workout, and the glutamine taken post-workout. I noticed that my endurance was slightly better. I have not been as active in the gym lately as I was in the beginning of the year and the summer and I am really trying to get back to where I was. My strength and endurance has been down and this was a nice boost to get me going again. The taurnine provided some nice hydration and provided decent pumps in combination with the creatine. The glutamine/creatine combo enhanced my recovery times a bit. I do not think this was a miracle supplement, but you cannot really expect that with these ingredients. At the end of the day, CGT-Max met my expectations and did not leave me disappointed in that regard.

This is being sold for just about $20 on Amazon and includes shipping for free with Prime. This comes out to $0.50 per serving (remember directions call for two scoops a day), so it is a pretty good value. You are getting two trademarked ingredients in this product and nothing that you do not need. Dosing it the way I did, I believe that it lasted me just under a month.

Side Effects

Nothing for me.

Conclusion

I think that this is a good product, and priced fairly enough where it can be a staple supplement. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a creatine blend. Thank you NutraBio for sending it out.

Other Prices:
NutraBio   $20.99

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.5

• Increased Recovery

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is one of many products from nutrabio I have used and really liked. When this showed up on the trooper program and saw how the other reviews for this were rating this I had to claim it right away. If you read the other reviews for this all of them have rated this pretty high. Now after using this product I can see why the other reviews for this are all giving it such high ratings.

This is a little more than a straight up creatine product. In this you get two kinds of creatine, creatine Mono 4.17g and creatine magnapower 833mg. Also what makes this a little different is you get some glutamine 4g and Taurine 2g. Also you get some magnesium 67mg. What I really like about this company is that they will never use any prop blends and always tell you what all your getting in their products. You will never get fillers, dyes or artificial colorings in their products which is really good. Here is some info I got off their website as to what all creatine, glutamine, and taurine does.

Creatine= Creatine is one of the most researched and important supplements today. It has become a must for athletes wanting to increase workout intensity while delaying the onset of fatigue. Research has shown that supplementing with creatine can boost muscle size, strength and endurance, improve athletic performance, and speed muscle recovery. Saturating your muscles with creatine improves your body's ability to quickly replenish and recycle ATP, which increases muscle energy and delays muscle fatigue. Studies show that when athletes supplement with creatine while weight training, they can quickly gain lean body mass and strength. If you're creatine non-responder or if you've had stomach issues with creatine in the past, that all over. CGT-MAX powerful creatine complex (including Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine MagnaPower) eliminates bloat, cramps, non-responsiveness and maximizes creatine muscle uptake.

Glutamine= Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. It plays a crucial role in cell volumizing and has powerful anabolic and anti-catabolic effects, promoting protein synthesis while inhibiting protein breakdown. Studies show that supplementing with as little as two grams of free-form L-glutamine may boost your growth hormone levels by as much as 400%. For strength athletes, glutamine is extremely important. Studies show that training over an extended period of time, rapidly depletes both muscle and blood glutamine levels. What's worse, during periods of stress, glutamine is further depleted, and if not reversed, glutamine is pulled directly from the muscle. Supplementing with glutamine is an effective way to restore muscle glutamine to optimum levels reducing muscle deterioration which occurs when other tissues rob glutamine from muscle cells.

Taurine= Taurine is the second most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue and some biologists believe it is the most voluminous amino in striated type 2 muscle fiber! Taurine has several critical functions and can act similarly to creatine in that it expands your cells by helping the muscle cell itself hold more water, increasing cell volume. This can be significant for building muscle because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis as well as an increased appearance of muscle fullness. Taurine is also thought to enhance interstitial contractile leverage which may aid your ability to lift heavier weight.

In CGT-Max we use a vegetable based, naturally fermented, L-Glutamine only! We do not sell synthetic glutamine or glutamine that is fermented from human hair like much of the cheaper glutamine on the market. Our Creatine Chelate (Creatine MagnaPower) is patented creatine manufactured by Albion Labs to specifications. Our free form Taurine is produced through chemical synthesis. Absolutely no animal products or by-products are used in its manufacture and there is absolutely no animal urine used in the manufacturing process. This is pure taurine, USP grade - USP26/JP8. This taurine is NON-GMO, BSE/TSE free, and is not treated in any way including irradiation and EtO. This product is free of solvents, preservatives, and pesticides.

I got the lemon lime flavor. I thought this was pretty good. Had that nice lemon lime taste to it and was not overly sweet, tart, or bitter. This I thought was very refreshing to drink. I usually mixed this with my pre-workout which was fruit punch and this helped give it a more cherry limeaid taste.

This seemed to mix really well for me. There was some left over sediment that I noticed on the inside of my shaker bottle. It was nothing to just add a little water to it swish it around and then slam it. It says to take this twice a day. I only used it once per day. Weather you take this before or after your workout does not really matter a lot. I decided to use this with my pre-workout. Normally I would always take my creatine after my workouts but lately I have been taking it before my workouts with my pre-workout.

I look for creatine type products to help me gain strength and power, help me perform and feel better in the gym, and help with some recovery. WOW was this product good I will say. What I liked about this product is that it was a bit more than just a creatine product. This has a few other goodies thrown into one product which was nice to have and really helped me a lot more. It took me a little bit before I could really tell if this was working for me or not. I would say this took me about a week if that to start noticing this starting to work for me. When I started to notice this working for me is when my workouts really changed for the good. The last few weeks that I have been on this my workouts have been amazing. I will start off by talking about the three main ingredients they put in this and how each of them really effected me.

First I will talk about the Taurine they put in here at 2g. Taurine is suppose to help you with some energy. I think this did a good job at helping to aid me with a little extra energy to help keep me going longer along with what I was getting from my pre-workout. This is also suppose to help your muscle cells expand more so you hold more water and helps to increase cell volume. The muscle fullness I got from this was amazing. The way my muscle started to look after awhile was incredible. I also really started to gain a lot more size in my muscles I was noticing which is always fun to see.

Second ingredient is glutamine at 4g. I think glutamine is a great product by itself. Glutamine is suppose to help you with better recovery and help boost your immune system. At the 4g they use I feel is a decent amount. I feel this helped me a lot with my recovery. I think it helped me to feel a lot better recovery wise. Also my immune system seemed to be a lot better and helped my overall body to feel better from any kind of colds or sickness I may have gotten. Before I started this product I was having some issues with my nose wanting to start running during my workouts (for some reason) and I feel this helped me get rid of that runny nose issue I was dealing with. I still had some issues with that but it was way less than what it was to start with. This I feel was good at helping to keep my body in check and working better.

The last part and most important ingredient is creatine. They use two different types of creatine in this creatine Mono and creatine magnapowder. When I started to notice this working for me it seemed like as each week went by I felt I was able to up my workouts that week a bit more. Overall I felt so much better and was able to step up my workouts a lot more because of how good I was feeling. I felt a lot less soreness that I had to deal with. I did not seem to hurt as much when I did some of my lifts. My overall endurance was so much better and felt a lot less muscle fatigue. I know that my overall strength gains went up a lot. On days when I would do my dumbbell shoulder presses and close grip bench press my weight I was able to do on there really went up a lot. Of course I noticed it on other lifts also but those two lifts is where I really noticed it a lot more so. It seemed like the longer I was on this the better it seemed to work for me.

Overall this seemed to be really good on my stomach and never caused me very much in the way of bloating. I know a lot of the time when I use creatine mono I tend to bloat a lot in the stomach and because of that I have been staying away from creatine mono a lot lately. With this I felt any bloating I got from this was very little so that tells me this is a much better creatine in general they use. I know that since I have been on this my weight has gone up a bit and feel I have been able to put on a lot more muscle mass. How this made me feel and perform was amazing.

The cheapest I could find this was off their own website and they want $20.99 for 40 servings. I think for a product like this it is more than worth the price they want. I know amazon has this for $19.99 but I noticed the label was a little different but could not find the ingredient profile on there to see if it was still the same or it they have chanced it at all now but either way it's still a really good price.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed. Maybe some slight bloating and that's about it.

Conclusion

Overall I feel this is a very solid product coming from a very solid and trust worthy company. This did way more for me than I ever thought it would do. What's nice about this product is you get a little more out of it than just creatine. I like how they keep this very simple yet very effective. You want to be able to perform better and have a lot of really good strength gain then I highly recommend you try this. It's hard to believe they could make a product this good and so cheap to buy. I would say right now this is probably the best creatine product I have ever used and for sure will be using this again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Other Prices:
    NutraBio   $20.99

Overall
    Overall
    9.2

• Third Party Tested
    • Lab Results By Lot #

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I am always in the market and tend to keep Creatine in my stack at all times, as it is one of those supplements that is proven and effective. Once I saw NutraBio post up their opportunity for CGT Max I could not pass this up, and was very excited to try it as I have taken multiple Nutrabio products but never their Creatine. Special thanks to the SR Program and NutraBio for making this possible and allowing me to review this. Lets see if CGT Max took me to the max!

As with every other NutraBio products fully transparent label. I believe this company was one of the first in the market to go 100% transparency with their labels, but don't quote me on that, its just how I have always known them. Lets break the key ingredients down:

Creatine Monohydrate (4.2g): This is the most common form of Creatine, and typically the default of most creatine products out there. It has decent intenstinal absorption and is typically the standard when comparing different forms of Creatine. The dose here is a nice start, someone at my size requires around 8g Creatine daily, so happy here.

Creatine Magnapower (800mg): Also known as Magnesium Creatine Chelate, this process bonds magnesium to creatine which means it is absorbed via a different pathway compared to creatine mono. The idea here is that using a different transporter to get the creatine to the muscle cells, less is lost in transport and broken down into waste products. Also, using magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine mono. (http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=magnesium-creatine-chelate-vs-creatine-monohydrate)

Glutamine (4g): A conditionally essential amino acid which only appears to benefit the body as supplementation when otherwise deficient (vegans, vegetarians with low dairy intake) or during prolonged endurance exercise. Anecdotally reported to reduce sugar cravings. This is generally touted as a muscle builder, however, that has yet to be proven. 5g or above is recommended dose depending on your bodyweight, so the 4g we get here is a safe dose, depending on how you dose this product.

Taurine (2g): Taurine is an organic acid which acts as a lipid/membrane stablilizer in the body and can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems. Recommended dosing here is 500mg - 2g daily, and not to exceed 3g. We get a great dose here.

Taste: I got the Lemon-Lime flavor, which usually does not excite me, but I really enjoyed this one. It felt like a healthy gatorade every time I drank it, so that made me happy. I always chug my creatine in one gulp, so this went down nice and smooth and left a great taste in my mouth.

Mixability: I mixed this in a shaker cup with 6-8oz of water each time with no issues at all. It blended in real easy with a few shakes, so was real nice and quick to shake shake shake, gulp and move on. Easy day here.

Dosing: I took 2 scoops of this on my workout days, and one scoop on rest days. On the workout days I would take one scoop Post Workout and one scoop late afternoon. I tend to require around 8g Creatine for my weight (240 pounds), so on workout days I would get an amazing 10g, and 5g on my rest, which worked just fine for me. Nice part of the 5g scoop is you can dose as needed, though 2 scoops did cause me to take too much Taurine but I saw no sides or anything from violating the recommended daily amount. If you do have any concerns then just take one scoop a day.

I was taking a product with Laxogenin at the same time as this, and was trying to figure out which product was giving me this great muscle fullness I was experiencing. The last two weeks of this, my Laxogenin product was long gone and I realized that it was all CGT Max giving me that great look. That is the reason I take Creatine to begin with, sure the muscle recovery is nice but I also take BCAA to aid in that. I did find when taking this my body would feel more hydrated, which always feels good. To me this was almost like an electrolyte Creatine product rolled into one. I believe this did aid me in some recovery as well, but I cannot be certain on that since I did take a BCAA at the same time. End of the day this was a solid Creatine product with some added hydration and recovery benefits. I was very happy with running this product!

You can grab this for $19.99 for 40 servings from Amazon or $21.99 from Nutrabio themselves. That comes out to 50 cents a scoop, which is a pretty great deal in my opinion. The value here is quality ingredients, with a great combination to aid in recovery and muscle building. So yeah, great value here that should fit just about anyones budget. Also of note, NutraBio offers a military discount as well for active duty members.

Side Effects

Increased bathroom trips about an hour after taking, due to increased hydration, but thats a good thing!

Conclusion

NutraBio remains one of the top Supplement companies in my head. They truly set the standard on most of their supps and did not miss the mark on CGT Max. Simple is what is needed here and thats what you get, no crazy fillers and no nonsense. This is on my list of one of the best Creatine supps I have taken to date, so was very happy to try this out and do highly recommend this to anyone looking to build some real muscle, enjoy that muscle fullness look, and aid in recovery. Thanks again!

• No Unnecessary Ingredients
      • Needs Creapure.

Happy holidays SR! I would first like to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for participating in the TROOP program. This product was one that I was excited to try for numerous reasons. First, Nutrabio is a company that ALWAYS delivers. They use quality ingredients backed by science and tested for purity. They fully disclose each ingredient, and don't include unnecessary fillers or additives. Second, I have been taking different creatine products since my days as a college football player. I have taken comprehensive post-workout formulas that included creatine like Cell-tech/Cell-tech hardcore/post jym/afterglow/nutrabio post/etc and I have taken individual creatine products like con-cret (or just hcl)/krealkalyn/monohydrate (every form)/creatine magna power/etc. That being said, I have never had the opportunity to take a product that was purely creatine, glutamine, and taurine. This was exciting for me because it gave me the opportunity to really focus in on those three core ingredients and see how they changed my recovery and workouts.

Sometimes simple and straightforward is the best option. That is the mentality that Nutrabio took with this product. The profile is simple yet extremely effective and backed by science. The profile is:
      67mg of magnesium supplied by the creatine magna power
      4.17g of creatine monohydrate
      830mg of creatine magna power
      4g L glutamine
      2g taurine

This is an extremely simple profile, but it gets the job done for me! I like the idea of a creatine product without tons of added ingredients that I don't really need or want. I mean do you really want to pay for the additional ingredients if they aren't necessary? This product has three very important ingredients that I believe work well together. There is a reason why every "comprehensive post-workout" product includes creatine, glutamine, and taurine!

I received the fruit punch flavor. To be honest, it is kind of an odd flavor at first but it really does grow on you. I actually enjoyed drinking it each and every time, and even enjoyed the taste when I mixed it with my vanilla or strawberry protein powder.

CGT Max mixed extremely well. I would just add between 10-16 ounces into my shaker and kinda slosh/swirl it around and that would do the trick. I didn't need to ever shake it up, so I would say you would be safe mixing it in a cup with a spoon. I didn't notice any sinkers or floaters, so that was a plus as well.

I took CGT Max one scoop at a time. I would take it once in the morning after fasted cardio and again at night following my workout.

I found that CGT Max lived up to the hype. CGT Max was better than any of the pure creatine products that I have taken, and it worked as well as any other post-workout formula that I have taken, which brings me back to my statement above- who wants to pay for additional ingredients that aren't necessary? Sometimes less is more, and that was certainly the case with this product.

I found that I was stronger in the gym, but didn't make any crazy superhuman gains. I would say this met my expectations and was comparable to other products when it came to strength and power. Where this product really stood out was in the recovery department. I felt like I was able to recover much quicker, both in between sets and in between days. I would hit the gym hard day after day and never really felt fatigued.

I believe this product is a great value. You can purchase it through numerous vendors, direct, or through amazon. If you purchase direct it is around $21 and if you purchase through amazon it is around $20. For that purchase price, you will receive 40 servings. That is a great deal in my opinion considering that you can by pure creatine products for around the same price, and you can count on comprehensive post-workout formulas to cost way more per serving. I would definitely consider this to be a steal.

Side Effects

none, besides improved recovery and some strength gains.

Conclusion

Sometimes less is more. CGT Max is a simple product with a low price. It will give you better results than taking creatine alone, and will give you comparable or better results than many comprehensive post workout products. It allowed me to have better recovery, allowing me to turn up to the max each and every time I went to the gym. I would highly recommend this product, and will personally continue to take it in the future.
      • Fruit punch: 8/10

Overall
      Overall
      9.1
      9.1
      9.8
        December 27, 2017

• Label Transparency

Season's greetings to my SR family. I'm winding up this holiday season with another review from what has quickly become my favorite supplement company, Nutrabio. This company never ceases to amaze me with the quality and purity of via products, and they are always a willing participant in the SR troop program. Thanks again guys! Today this review is on their creatine blend, CGT Max.

One thing I have always liked about Nutrabio is their label transparency. Every ingredient in the container is listed on the label, they use no fillers or artificial colors or dyes of any kind. CGT Max contains 5 grams of a creatine blend (4.17 grams of creatine monohydrate and 830 mg of magnesium creatine chelate), 4 grams of L-Glutamine, and 2 grams of taurine. In addition, 67 mg of magnesium are added. This seems to be the perfect formula for a bodybuilding trifecta--strength, endurance, and recovery (with pumps sprinkled in for good measure).

I tried the lemon lime flavor, and truth be told, it was absolutely delicious. It reminded me of a lemon lime sherbert. Nutrabio nailed this flavor. I had no problem mixing this; I just added a scoop to 12 oz of water in a blender bottle and shook for about 15 seconds. Stirring is another option, but it would probably take a little longer to mix...maybe a minute or so to avoid any of the product from settling at the bottom of the glass, bottle, or cup. The label recommends taking one scoop per day, which is what I did. However, I added an extra serving at the end of the day from time to time. This was usually used either first thing in the morning or post workout.

Muscle growth? Check. Increased endurance? Check. Enhanced recovery? Check. In other words, CGT Max does exactly what it is supposed to. I don't gauge my success in the gym by how much weight I move, but by how many reps I can pump out without sacrificing proper form. I can honestly say that I was able to coax 3-4 extra reps in all movements. The combination of all 3 ingredients had a synergistic effect not only on my strength, reovery, and endurance, but also the intensity of the pumps that CGT Max gave me.

Amazon sells CGT Max for $19.99, and elsewhere for a dollar more. For a 40 serving container, this equates to about 50 cents (Fiddy Cent?) per serving. For CGT Max's effectiveness, this doesn't represent a good value; it's a freaking STEAL!

Side Effects

No bloating, gas, or water retention.

Conclusion

Ever have one of those supplements that you always looked forward to taking? Well, CGT Max is 1 of those supps. It's one of those supplements that you can feel and see how well it works. Nutrabio is going to be one of those supplement companies where because of its reputation, they could sell a $7 bottle of water. And you know what? I just might be one of the first in line to buy it.

November 15, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Purity
        • Quality Statements By The Company
        • Actually Is Tasteless
          Thank you to NutrBio for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try pretty much the majority of their line of supplements. Today's review... CGT MAX

I hadn't heard of Nutrabio before this, but I must say after trying this, and getting some information on other supplements in their line, I assure you they will become well known, slowly but surely. Their major emphasis, no fillers, no additives, no BS. Pure quality supplements, no flashy gimmicks or advertising, just quality. Quite refreshing in our world.

Overall:9 I have been supplementing with Creatine since, 1997, so you do the math. After years of using straight Monohydrate, I searched for bigger and better. Creapure, blends, CE2, CHL, Chelate, Green Mag, Krealkalyn, Cell tech, you name it, I have tried it. I never thought I would go back. The primary ingredient in CGT, 4.2g of Creatine monohydrate. Along with .8g of Creatine Magna Powder (magnesium creatine chelate) and it works. This worked in the gym as far as strength and endurance is concerned, as well as aerobic exercise as well. Hockey, and now Indoor soccer, this creatine helps push through, with out anything to hold you back.

I rarely "cycle creatine" but I occasionally take breaks, especially when a new Creatine supplement is being added to the stack. CGT did not miss a beat. Muscle fullness, extra reps, and strength were all noticeable. Absolutely no side effects, no bloating or stomach issues. Creatine can sometimes cause me to clench my jaw, but nothing harmful, and that Is usually present when I have reached saturation.

Dosing :10 1 unflavored scoop a day. I chose post workout. The majority of my Pre workout supplements contain Creatine in some form or another, but as far as my maintenance does, always post. Then one scoop on off days. Equaling at least 5g a day. I felt that I reached a saturation level much quicker than usual, despite no loading phase. A testament to the purity I believe.

Taste: NA, odorless and mixes exceptionally well into anything that I had added it to.

Profile: 9 Pure creatine mono, with an added bonus of Chelate. 4g of glutamine to help aid in recovery, along with 2g of Taurine. Bonus to an already solid creatine product.

Value: SOLID 9

45 servings for $20.99 A steal. The only unfortunate aspect is that it is not well none, nor is it distributed by many retailers or online sites. But I have astrong feeling that wont be for long.

This is my new go to creatine supplement. Solid, clean, affordable, just not widely distributed. Looking to change up your creatine? You can't go wrong giving this a shot. You wont be disappointed.

October 3, 2013

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Purity
          • Quality Statements By The Company
          • Needs Creapure.
          Alright Seaver's rolling out with another Review. Today its the Nutrabio CGT Max . Huge thanks to these guys for the awesome hook up they gave the ER crew.
          Nutrabio CGT MAX is one of the several creatine's and Creatine mixtures they offer.

Ingredients 9
          Not only is everything they make extremely clean and pure they offer a full disclosure of everything they put in it and do NOT put in it. No fillers no junk. Just the good.
          This particular one is
          5g of creatine derived from a combination of Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Magnesium Chelate, 3.5g of L-Glutamine and 2g of taurine.

The creatine breaks down to
          4.2g creatine monohydrate
          400mg of creatine MagnaPower

I have never taken anything with MagnaPower in it but heard some good things so I was happy to try this. I also never taken any Taurine so that was a nice addition. As Garlick mentioned the L-Glutamine does help with health benifits. I felt better on this than I have in a long time. I rarely take a Multi or Glutamine so I can say that this did seem to make a bit of a difference.

INSERT COPY AND PASTE

Certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union.
          Does not contain meat or animal products.
          Hypoallergenic Designed to lessen the chances of an allergic reaction.
          Does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
          Does NOT contain gluten - suitable for individuals on a gluten free diet.
          Free from Bovine Spongiform Ecephalopathy (BSE) and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE).
          Absolutely NO fillers.
          Absolutely NO excipients or chemical additives.
          Manufactured in the United States in our own FDA registered and inspected facility to meet FDA 21 CFR Part 111 c-GMP regulations.
          Label Disclosure
          This product contains full label disclosure guaranteeing that every ingredient in this product is declared on the label. In addition, the exact QUANTITY of each active ingredient is declare on the label. No ingredients are hidden in Proprietary Blends so you know exactly what's in this product

Taste 10
          I received the unflavored and It was actually unflavored. Great stuff.

Mixability 10
          I think Deumcole mentioned on the Whey products that the powders are heavy in a sense and that is a good explanation for it. They sink and instantly start melting . I mean I few shakes and you can barely notice anything in there. Just a slight fog tint to the water. Never had a brand mix this well.

Effectiveness.10
          I never had gas, stomach issues or anything that would I would call a bad side. All I got was constant gains, very little water retention . I broke more PR records while on this than any other creatine. So I will give credit where it is due.
          I watched my scale fairly close and was actually dropping weight while on this also, all while adding size, So I feel that this is a good choice for a Recomp.

Value 9.8
          Servings per container are 45. I only took one scoop a day, here and there I threw in two. But noticed no change. I never did a load up cycle with this either. Right now you can get the 500g tub of this for 21$ that's 45 servings at less than $.50 a Day.

Overall 9
          I really enjoyed using this product and after checking out their site I will try another kind of creatine from them as well. I have always liked using Kre-aklynn but I think this maybe the go to one for now. The only think I would maybe add or change is I would like to the the Creatine Mono be the CREAPURE. Other than that this stuff rocks.

September 21, 2013

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Purity
          • Quality Statements By The Company
          • Unflavored Variety
            NutraBio is new to me, but definitely not new to the market, and they know how to make a quality product.

CGT max, is a pure mix of Creatine, Glutamine & Taurine. And when I say pure, it doesn't get much more pure than this.

This is the first time I've actually copied and pasted something from a companies website for the specific purpose of making a point on a review in a good manner. Typically I don't want to use marketing language or any of the companies own words in the reviews, but this statement, I feel, is spot on and important to understand.

"Since 1996, NutraBio has manufactured the highest quality supplements and sold directly to consumers just like you. All NutraBio supplements are manufactured by us in the United States and meet or exceed FDA 21 CFR Part 111 CGMP Regulations. We use only the purest and highest quality ingredients hand-picked by our expert chemists from around the world. NutraBio supplements are manufactured under the strictest GMP standards producing the highest quality and purest supplements available. Our raw ingredients undergo state-of-the-art analysis to ensure zero tolerance for impurities. We ship our products direct to you which guarantees the freshness."

FDA 21 CFr Part 111 CGMP regulations are directly required for all supplement manufacturers, but are rarely enforced, or audited. Hardly ever will you hear of a nutritional supplement company marketing or stating their regulatory compliance and certification to these standards, because often times, they're actually not the manufacturer of the goods, but rather the sales point for that particular good.

NutraBio is more than happy to put this directly on their front page, and points to the fact that they only use high quality, pure ingredients.

I found this to be completely accurate to the statements made, and the product to be of extremely high standards.

I can state with complete confidence, that I found CGT max to be very pure.

The bottle comes with a scooper, and the product is a fine white powder. I have the unflavored version, and preferred this, even though there is a fruit punch variety & lemon lime flavor. The unflavored version mixed extremely well in water, which again shows there are no fillers or additives to the product. Glutamine, Creatine & Taurine, each in their purist forms should dissolve completely in water. This is true with CGT as a combination product.

The unflavored variety was truly unflavored. I've purchased unflavored Glutamine from stores before, and it has an extremely slight citric taste. When I say extremely, I mean so slight, it tastes like someone added 3 drops of lime juice to your glass of water.

This is what CGT tastes like.

Creatine and Taurine both have no flavor whatsoever when in pure form, so I expected them to add nothing to the flavor.

The labeling even adds to the purity claims. They even have a little fun with it, by listing "Other Ingredients" as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

On top of this, the total serving size is 11 grams, with every gram accounted for in the mix. 5G of Creatine, 4G of L-Glutamine & 2G of Taurine. There is also a small amount of Magnesium, as Creatine Magna Power is "Magnesium Creatine Chelate". If you don't know what Chelation is, it's the Ion Bonds that are common with metallic molecules. Since Magnesium is considered a metal in its purist form, creatine bonds to it through chelation.

Even the fact that NutraBio includes the magnesium in this type of bond on the label, again, proves to what degree they are willing to go, to make sure all ingredients are accounted for. Most companies wouldn't bother, or would just state this in the Creatine complex as a "proprietary blend" and leave it at that.

The effectiveness of the product was also top notch. The Taurine added a small amount of energy to my workouts, and the Creatine did it's job to help ATP absorption in the muscles. Glutamine, I find helps with health and keeping my body from getting infections and other diseases. This was very true with CGT, as I actually started to feel a small tickle in my throat before I started CGT, and as typical with Glutamine the tickle went away quickly without developing further.

Overall I'm impressed with CGT Max and NutraBio as a company and was really happy to have tried this product. I'm also planning on trying some of the other products offered by NutraBio in the future, as I like the idea of pure compounds for sale on their own as individual items, so you can create custom stacks.

One of the best parts about the product, is the cost. At $20.99 per bottle, this is cheaper than buying Creatine, Taurine & Glutamine as individual products. There are 45 servings per container, but the recommendation is 1-2 servings per day, with my ideal at 2 per day. Even with this, you get 22 days worth of the product for $21. That's pretty outstanding for the combination of these items.

I would definitely consider buying this product on my own, and that is always a good indicator of a quality product, if I would spend my own money on it, and I can say with certainty that I would.

Thanks to NutraBio for the opportunity to try CGT max and your other products through the ER program.....color me impressed.