CarboMax Reviews

By: NutraBio

Energy Supplements > Carbohydrates
CarboMax is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

November 14, 2013

• Still Maltodextrin
  • Better Carb Sources To Use
Long overdue review guys, sorry about that Nutrabio, anyway. With that being said I like carbs, specifically post workout carbs (I hear the grumbling) whether it is Gatorade, straight dextrose, oatmeal or maltodextrin. So I jumped at the opportunity of using Nutrabios Carbomax. Some quick notes carbomax is maltodextrin, yes a cheap carb and not the best after a workout or even as a carb source, however knowing how pure nutrabio products are I wanted to test the purity between nutrabio vs the competition. So on to the review:

Dosing- 8

I used this strictly post workout about 30min after a workout for dat der insulin spike of the god's srs. Anyway 1 scoop will give you about 30g of pure maltodextrin so as you can see the dosing scheme is rather simple.

Taste- ?

Its unflavored, and I mixed it with my protein so it tasted just like my protein. Bing unflavored comes as an advantage because you can mix it with just about anything. No taste no problem.

Effectiveness-7

I have had decent results with Malto in the past, not incredible, but decent. Nutrabio's was a little bit different for me. The effectiveness was much better no bloat or bad digestion issues that I have noticed most times that I take a carb source. The main thing I noticed with carbomax is the great pumped feeling I would have for hours after my workout and I also recovered a decent bit faster. Since it's a versatile product and could be used pre workout as well, I rated the effectiveness a bit higher.

Price- 9

For as cheap a price you should be able to buy this whenever you want. The retail price on Nutrabios website starts at about $13.00 and goes up from there. For as pure a product as it is, the price is great.

Overall-8

It is pure and I noticed a decent better results but it is still maltodextrin, which some people love and some people hate. What I will say though is for how much manufacturing and regulation that nutrabio uses in their products you can't go wrong with anything that they produce. So in conclusion I got better results than regular malto, but with carbomax you also get unparalleled purity and quality.

September 10, 2013

Cons:
    Special thanks to Nutrabio for sending a whole bunch of their products out to the ER. In the beginning I believe we (ERs as whole) were asked which products we would like to try out, & sure enough Nutrabio sent out all the products most asked for. It's super cool whenever a company makes those kinds of efforts.

This was a first for me. I've always thought of using a carbohydrate supplement, but never got around to pulling the trigger on one. I figured I could either drink a Gatorade or something like that. Beyond some RTDs I've bought over the years, I have next to no experience with any carbohydrate supplement in particular. So, this was a learning experience for me.

Carbomax is a maltodextrin carbohydrate, labeled as a "slow release carbohydrate." In all honesty I had next to no idea how I would go about using this, so I kind of just winged it.

PROFLIE: A

Carbomax uses some 30g of maltodextrin, which comes out to 28g of carbohydrates with 1g of sugar & no fiber.

Much like the rest of Nutrabio's products, Carbomax is Kosher & gluten free. Also, for kicks in my opinion, it's vegetarian.

There's not much else I can add or say here. The ingredient profile is about what I would have expected, since Carbomax is a singular ingredient. So there shouldn't be me much of anything else.

MIXABILITY: A

Carbomax mixed extremely well no matter how I used it. The powder seems to be quite "heavy", in that it sinks right into whatever liquid you throw it in. Most "light" powders will tend to sit on top of the liquid, & when I've troubles with mixability "light" powders have been the culprit. Carbomax mixed effortlessly with no settling & the slightest foaming.

TATSE: N/A

Carbomax comes tasteless, & I don't really know if that is true. I always mixed it with either a protein powder or my pre-workout drink.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

I was really impressed with how effective Carbomax came to be. The label claims Carbomax helps support energy, endurance, & recovery. I found that to be true for the most part.

On workout days I would whip through three scoops; one with a morning shake, one with a pre-workout drink, & one post-workout.

Going into my workouts, I felt like I did have a bit more in the tank than usual. It wasn't comparable to any stimulants at all, but I just felt better if you will. I had no issue working heavier & longer into my workouts, & I do believe that showed with the progress I've been able to make since the conclusion of my Epidexx cycle.

I do feel that Carbomax aided in my post-workout recovery, however, nothing remotely in the vicinity of something like Biogro.

Overall I would say Carbomax is a win.

VALUE: A

2.5lbs (37 servings) = $13.99
    5lbs (76 servings) = $22.99
    15lbs (227 servings) = $52.99

As you can see, the price ain't too shabby at all. Once again, given the quality of the product I don't see price really being an issue with Carbomax.

OVERALL: A

I really, really, really, enjoyed Carbomax. The quality of my workouts did improve noticeably, & the price is very agreeable in my opinion. Granted this is nothing more than just carbohydrates, I still feel this is a good product I will most likely come back to.

July 29, 2011

Cons:
      I haven't been in the habit of giving such a high rating lately, but this product is legit. Great for pre or post workout, glycogen replenishment, and endurance. 1 scoop contains 28g of maltodextrin, which is a fast acting, complex carbohydrate. I noticed increased pumps and added energy which helped me get through some grueling workouts. The value of this product is unmatched. 2.5lbs provides 41 servings for $12.99. Compared to Karbolyn and waxy maize, this is very inexpensive, yet just as effective. It mixes great and is very comparable to Karbolyn all way around. I got the unflavored blend and couldn't taste it at all. Just made the shake a little thicker. I would and will buy this product again. Anyone on a budget may want to give this a go.