8.9

(Better than 100% in Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine)

Beta Alanine is a Beta-Alanine Product manufactured by NutraBio. It helps increase carnosine levels, which helps buffer lactic acid and increase muscle endurance by decreasing the 'burn' during exercise. This increse in endurance can translate to increased muscle mass and strength.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine

March 12, 2018

• No Other Ingredients
  • Gmp And Fda Inspected

Hello my fellow supplement users. Today I am talking about a single ingredient supplement from NutraBio. Beta Alanine. I am a 45 year old guy who has been trying to cut for over a year. Cut got effective in August when I changed my eating. (go figure). I work out 5 to 7 days a week and have switched to mainly cardio based workouts. (Currently Insanity based program from Beach Body). I wanted to use this product as it helps me get better workouts. Which I would think would help me lose the pesky insulation I developed over time. Feel free to look at my log to see my other supplementation as well.

If you are familiar with NutraBio you know one thing. Completely transparent ingredient list. This one is really easy as it is one ingredient.

Beta Alanine (as Carnosyn) 2g.
    Other ingredients (ABSOLUTELY NONE). I have to put that here because I think it is great. Something else to consider is that it is produced in a GMP and FDA inspected facility.

What do I think of the profile? Pretty simple it is Beta Alanine. Below is a couple of sites that give more info on Beta Alanine.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

Well if you are a goofball like me you can put a scoop in your mouth. Basically tastes like artificial sugar, kind off. However most of the time, including myself by the way, you add it to a pre-workout or something and drink it. Which didn't change the taste of anything that I put it in.

Mix-Ability of this is great. I have never had issues with Carnosyn Beta Alanine though. I have put it in protein, pre-workout and BCAA drinks. Non of them could I tell that I had added something.

Dosing on NutraBio's product is pretty easy. They suggest 1 to 2 servings in 16oz of your choice of drink 20 to 30 minutes pre-workout and then again post workout. I know we all say that the "clinical" dose is 3.2g's so why isn't it a 3.2g serving? My answer is I don't care, and 2g's makes it easy to add to products that might be under dosed. I like to get 4g's a day. I normally used it pre-workout to help me through my cardio sessions.

Beta Alanine works. Not sure what else I can say about that. You can read the information on the sites I posted above, and you can always google it. For me, I notice within a day or two if I go off of this supplement. NutraBio's version was no different. I noticed an uptick in performance when I started taking it, and since I am getting ready for summer I don't plan on going off. Past experience dictates that when I do I will notice it. I will try to update a comment when I do just to let you all know.

I lost weight while maintaining strength. I did drop weight lifting when I went to month 2 of Insanity, however I think my strength is maintaining as the body weight exercises in Insanity I am doing easier and getting more reps.

As of 3/12/2018 I have found the following prices.

$33.99 on their website for 360g. So for most people 180 days.

$31.99 on good old Amazon.

So in comparison my normal go to in Prosource. Their in house product which is also Carnosyn is listed below at $12.50 for 200g's or my simple math $25.00 for 400g's of the same product. So for $8.00 more we can go for Nutrabio. Does this make it over priced, probably not. NutraBio is a quality product, however you can find this particular ingredient cheaper. I would buy this like I buy my other stuff, I generally add single ingredients to other orders. Still a reasonable price for a product that works.

Side Effects

Some people will have tingles, I however very rarely get them. In all fairness I also rarely go off Beta Alanine, and I remember that when I do I will get tingles when I first start. The only other side effect I noticed was getting my students to lay on the floor tired while I was still moving.......

Conclusion

In our daily war with fitness I think we all are looking for an edge. I know that as I get older, some things will go down. Unfortunately I have much younger people that I train with, so I don't have time for that. If I can take a product that is pretty much proven safe and effective, why wouldn't I take it. As I noted, you can find the same ingredient a little cheaper, however I also think you have to look for sales. NutraBio has a quality product, produced in a certified manufacturing facility. This leads to piece of mind. It is something that I think you would be happy to have on hand. You can use as a stand alone product on your days off, and you can add it to your Pre-Workouts if you want a little higher dose.

Lastly I want to thank the SRTrooper program and NutraBio for allowing me the opportunity to run this product.

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $31.99
    NutraBio   $33.99

February 15, 2018

Cons:

So I like to start these reviews off with a little background about myself and a note that I'm not a scientist or nutritionist so most of information comes from research and personal experience.

I am a college athlete on my schools Triathlon team. We just finished our winter strength build which is where I used most of this beta alanine. I took the product both straight with water and mixed with pre-workout.

The only ingredient here is Beta Alanine. This is good since it's a single ingredient product.

The first thing you notice when you open the container is the small scoop size. A single scoop or serving is two grams. The flavorless product does a great job dissolving and mixing with whatever liquid it's put in. I tried the mix with protein shakes, pre-workout, and just plain water. They all worked fine and whatever you want to drink it with I'm sure it'll mix well.

So I took this product during the winter strength season of my college triathlon team. My weight lifting and power workouts on the bike, swim, and run increased in volume meaning I was doing more heavy lifting rather than longer cardio. I took the Beta Alanine several different ways over the course of a few months. I stared taking the product straight with water. At first I could feel the tingling side effect over my body but this decreased over time. After a week or two I added a scoop to a pre-workout that had no Beta Alanine and then eventually with a protein shake. No matter how I took the product I could feel those sweet tingles and was able to push through my reps. The best story I have with this product was during a hard power ride on an indoor training bike. I took a little over a scoop with some chilled water. I hopped onto my bike and stared warming up. Once my first set came and it was time to hammer it down my face and legs lit up with the beta alanine and I was able to maintain well over the watts I was planning on hitting. This was early in the process so some of this could have been a placebo but either way the product helped.

There are 180 servings in a container. The amount of product your getting for $30 is reasonable purely because the product works. The flavorless product also means you can mix with any drink and get whatever "flavor" you want. The price here is reasonable because of how effective the product is.

Side Effects

The biggest most obvious side effect is the "tingles". Almost every time I took this product I felt these tingles in different parts of my body however most of the time I'd feel it in my face. Personally I enjoy the feeling and think it lets me know the product is working.

Conclusion

This is the first product from Nutrabio that I've tried but they delivered with this Beta Alanine. I look forward to trying more of their products in the future.

Other Prices:
      Amazon   $31.99
      NutraBio   $33.99

Overall
      Overall
      9.2
      9.2
        February 13, 2018

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have had the chance to try and review many products from Nutrabio and have been very impressed with this company and their products. This has been one of their products I have thought about trying and figured if it ever showed up on the trooper program I would claim it. Beta alanine is one of those ingredients that I think is pretty good and really like having it in my pre-workouts. I know a lot of people that use this get those beta tingles but for me that is something I hardly ever notice which I am ok with. I used this mainly as an added bonus to my pre-workouts. By adding this did I noticed much benefits well we will see.

This is made up of 2g of beta alanine (as CarnoSyn) per scoop. It says on the label there is ABSOLUTELY NONE Other ingredients they use which I like. No need to added extra fillers and other junk if not needed.

Here are some of the benefits of beta alanine

NutraBio's uses only patented CarnoSyn Beta Alanine.
      This product is 100% Pure with Absolutely No Additives or Fillers.
      Improves muscular endurance for more productive workouts.
      Improves exercise capacity so you can train harder and longer.
      Boosts muscular strength and power output.
      Increases intracellular carnosine levels delaying muscle fatigue and metabolic acidosis.

Here is a really good break down of what all beta alanine does that I found on their website and feel is very much worth sharing.
      "Beta-Alanine is a lactic acid buffer that increases training capacity giving you the ability to train harder and longer. Weight training and athletic activities cause your body to produce lactic acid. This causes muscle pH to drop and become more acidic due to the large amount of hydrogen ions produced. As muscle pH drops, your muscle's ability to perform at its peak level decreases. Beta Alanine works by increasing muscle carnosine levels, which in turn, works as a muscle buffer by soaking up these extra hydrogen ions. In scientific studies, beta Alanine has been shown to increase strength, power output, endurance, exercise capacity, muscle mass, and delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue. Beta Alanine is perfect for anyone who practices a sport where strength, power and endurance are needed.

Beta-Alanine boosts muscle endurance and strength:

Beta-Alanine increases intra-muscular Carnosine concentrations, thereby improving working capacity and performance by up to 20%. Scientific research has demonstrated that Beta-Alanine taken with creatine monohydrate produced additional synergistic effects, including fat free mass gain, increased strength and increased body fat reductions. Beta alanine will give you a more effective workout and is the great addition to your supplement regimen.

Much of Beta-Alanine beneficial effects come through increasing the synthesis of carnosine, a powerful intracellular buffer. Carnosine is found in both type 1 and type 2 muscle fibers, though in significantly higher concentrations in type 2 fibers (the fibers we use in high intensity strength workouts and which are most responsive to growth). To function effectively, muscle cells rely on buffers like carnosine to avoid becoming acidic (low pH) during exercise. In order for muscles to remain strong and maintain powerful contractions, they need to be in an optimal pH range. If the pH drops below that optimal level your muscles will have significantly less strength and will fatigue more quickly.

You know the pH is dropping when you feel that familiar lactic acid burn in your muscles. Lactic acid builds up largely as a result of an increase in hydrogen ions which build up when you exercise. Beta-Alanine helps to increase carnosine which acts to buffer lactic acid and return pH level within muscle cells back to optimum levels".

This comes in powder form. Pretty much no taste to it at all. The powder looks like little sugar crystals.

This mixes up really well and there are no issues at all with this. It says on the label 1 scoop is 2g and you get a total of 180 servings. I would use 2-3 scoops each time which I found to work pretty good for me. They say the amount you want to get each time is 3.2g. I was getting just a little more than that and plus whatever was in my pre-workout all ready.

I think overall this really helped improve my performs a lot better. No matter what kind of workout I was doing that day I felt my endurance and energy levels where a lot better. The time I would usually need to take between each set was cut way shorter. I felt I could go a lot sooner between sets and I noticed a lot less muscle fatigue by going sooner between sets. Usually if I go to soon before my last set I will notice a lot more muscle fatigue but I feel this really helped to eliminate that a lot from happening. So my overall recovery time between sets was a lot less. I just felt more ready and able to do my next set without having to spend much time to feel that I was recovered enough to do my next set. Even on days when I was lifting heavier I still felt I could go quicker in between my sets. The norm is when you lift heavier it takes more out of you and you will need a little more time to recover before you can do your next set but with this it really helped a lot to reduce that time which was nice. Also I felt on days when I would work back I could still do my 12-15 rep range but now I felt I was able to do that but with a little heavier weight than I normally could do. I think this helped me be able to do a few extra reps.

Since I started adding this and upping the dosage a bit I could really notice what a difference this was making. I feel this was a big plus to have. For someone like me that lifts a lot and workouts almost 2 hours a day this really helped me a lot. If your looking to really improve your performance in the gym and be able to train harder and longer this will really help you a lot at being able to do that. It's a little hard to tell if this helped me a lot on my strength gains but I kind of think it did and here is why I say that. With being to lift a lot quicker and recover between sets faster you will be able to build muscle a little more and feel that helped me at being able to lift a little heavier at times than I normally would.

I know a lot of people that take beta alanine get what they call is the beta tingles. For me this has never really been an issue for me to have to deal with. The beta tingles is something I hardly ever notice. If I do notice them it is for a few seconds shortly after I take it and then they are gone and don't notice them anymore. I figured that since I was upping the dosage of this I might start to feel them a bit more. Even by upping the dosage a bit more I still did not notice them any more so that I normally would which kind of surprised me. I am just fine if I don't feel them as long as it workout for me. It just makes me wonder now just how much I would have the be taking to really notice the beta tingles a lot more.

The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com and they want $31.99 for 180 servings. I would normally use 2 scoops each time and once in awhile I would do 3 scoops. This lasted me almost 3 months. I think this is a pretty good value considering how long it will last you.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed. Maybe if you use to much at once you will really noticed the beta tingles a lot more so.

Conclusion

This I have to say was another very solid product coming from a very trust worthy company. When it comes to Nutrabio and their products you can always trust that they will usually perform very well for you and that is just how this product was for me. If your looking for something to help you with your overall performance in the gym this I feel is a must have. For the price and amount of servings you get I feel this is very much worth the price they want. After using this it will be hard to want to try any other brands of beta alanine that are out there. After using this product I have to say I was very pleased with this product and feel this will be something I will be keeping in my supplement stack for awhile. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

Overall
      Overall
      9.4
      9.8
        February 1, 2018

• Amazing Value
      • Lab Tested
      • Reduce Recovery Time Between Sets
      • High Quality
      • No Other Ingredients
      • Parasthesia

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I had taken Beta Alanine once before and in pill form and was pretty happy with the results it gave me. Due to previous injuries I really do not do any cardio, but I did find Beta Alanine to aid me in my recovery time between sets for lifting. Once I saw NutraBio offer up their Beta Alanine, I had to try it out. Thank you to NutraBio and the SR program for allowing me the opportunity to try and review this.

Only one ingredient here. Each scoop (2g) nets you 2g of Beta Alanine (as CarnoSyn). My favorite part of the label is the other ingredients part where it says Absolutely None. As usual, NutraBio gives you a fully transparent label with everything you need to know.

Beta Alanine is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, increasing physical performance in the 60-240 second range. It can also aid in lean mass gain. This pairs great with Creatine, and does not go well with Taurine as it will compete for uptake in your body. The standard daily dose of Beta Alanine is 2-5g, and here we are getting 2g per scoop. You cannot take too much Beta Alanine, so do not worry if you have a PWO that has a big dose in it. Taking small doses at a time also helps you to avoid the tingly feeling (called Paresthesia) that some people do not like, but with 2g you will definitely get some tingly's. We will cover that in side effects.

There is a great article on bb.com I found if you want more information on how to dose Beta Alanine that can be found here https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your-expert-guide-to-beta-alanine.html This article is what got me interested to try it out.

Taste: Unflavored and tasteless.

Mixability: I found this mixed great with a PWO, Greens mix, or even Protein. I mixed this when I needed it with another supplement. No issues here, it dissolves in water quickly. You probably can do this in water itself, but I never tried it that way.

Dosing: So people want that magical 3.2g dosage, but in reality you need 2-5g daily to get the effects. 2g scoops made dosing easy, if I had a PWO with some Beta Alanine, I would only take one dose in the late afternoon since I workout in the morning. If my PWO did not have Beta Alanine in it, I would simply add one scoop in the morning and one late afternoon. Rest days, I took at least 2 doses as well, to ensure I hit 2-5g daily. 2g scoops make that real easy.

I did not notice anything for the first 10-14 days of taking this. After consistently taking the minimum 2g a day in that time frame, I then started to notice a difference. Typically in between my heavy sets I take 2-4 minutes of rest. With this by week 3, I was barely waiting 60 to 90 seconds and my body would be ready to go. I would say alright, lets lift this MOFO, then look at my timer, and have to tell myself to wait a bit more. This really aided my recovery time on those heavy days, which is always nice. On hypertrophy type lifts I typically take 60 seconds of rest, maybe 120 if its a lot of sets. I would be ready and able to do my sets with 30 seconds of rest. Truly you can see a difference. Those that do cardio, will probably notice much more than me, but this is enough to make me happy.

The label claims this Improves Training Intensity, Increases Strength & Power, and Delays Muscle Fatigue. I can definitely say it improves training intensity and delays muscle fatigue by helping the body to recover faster in between sets. As far as increasing strength and power, well I am not sure about that. Maybe because less rest means more efficient lifting which usually means more strength but thats a bit of a stretch.

This is also HPLC Lab Tested for potency (as per the label). I can say that usually if I take less than 2.5 or 3g of Beta Alanine I do not get the tingles. I always got the tingles every dose of this which tells me this is very potent and some high quality stuff. The tingles lessened a little over time as my body adjusted but they were still there. If those tingles bother you, then i would stay away from this product, but I don't mind them one bit.

You can get the 360g tub for $31.99 from bodybuilding.com or GNC, which gets you 180 scoops. That comes out to 18 cents a scoop. So at most you are spending 36 cents a day here. Umm, that is some great value. Typically we see NutraBio products getting more expensive these days, but nice to see the staples are still cheap. With how potent and high quality this was, this is an amazing value. At most you would take 14 scoops a week, so this should last you between 12-13 weeks. I still have some left, but hit that 40 servings mark, so as per the SR rules to not make the company wait forever, I decided to post the review. Since my current PWO has beta alanine in it, this is going to last me close to 5-6 months, insane!! You can almost not afford to have this in your stack!

NutraBio also offers a discount to active duty military members, which being one myself always appreciate.

Side Effects

You may experience that tingling effect, its called Parasthesia. Some people like it, some hate it, I don't mind it, but regardless you should know that it is completely harmless, just makes you uncomfortable.

Conclusion

When it comes to NutraBio products, I tend to really like them. That being said, I am also more critical of that company because I expect higher standards than from unknown companies. I was not disappointed here, and for the price and the great effect its going to be hard to beat this when it comes to Beta Alanine. If your in the market to keep Beta Alanine in your stack for the long haul, then you need to give this a try.

February 28, 2016

• No Proprietary Blends
      • Itchy Nipples

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
        I have been working out for a little over 12 years. Finally got my diet in check 6 years ago. Now I focus on supplements to supplement my diet and I try to learn as much as I can about ingredients before I put them on my body, I'm no expert but I'm trying to better myself with supplements and review products that work and do not work for me personally.

Plain and simple, the tub has 360 grams of beta alanine and you get 2g per scoop.
        Other Ingredients: ABSOLUTELY NONE.
        I love that even though this is a single ingredient supplement.
        Nutrabio's Beta-alanine is also non-GMO, gluten free, kosher/vegetarian and tested for potency. Always a huge plus.

Mixes very well with everything that I have tried. Water(in bottle or shaker), mixed with a pre workout. I never had problems with it.

Tastes like absolutely nothing. No after taste. Nothing. Probably one of the very few supplements are is truly unflavored.

I love 4 grams of beta alanine pre workout. But sometimes when I take a pre workout that already has beta alanine I add it to my intra workout/bcaa drink.

Like I explained on another one of my interviews of a beta alanine product, I love the effects it gives me. I started using it after reading an article on how it helps with your endurance when you are running and bike riding. I'm horrible at running and being in the military is not a great thing to be horrible at running lol. The study I read said that individuals, runners to be more exact, who took 4g of beta-alanine a day were able to run for longer and decrease their run time. In my case, I can def feel a difference mentally and physically when I take beta alanine. I don't if it's me over thinking about how I'm going to run faster or if it's the itching in my ears, face, back, butt cheeks and nipples that get me going faster. BUT whatever it is it works for me.

When I build my own pre workout I put it 4g of beta alanine, that's what the study said so that is what I do. When I take a pre workout that already has 1.6g of beta alanine, I put it 2g of it on my intra/bcaa drink. If I take a blend pre-workout and I have no idea how much beta-alanine is in there I just say F it and put in 2g in there and another 2g in my intra/bcaa drink. That's how I do it and how I prefer it.

I got my tub shipped for $20. Good price for me. I don't like paying more than $1 per serving on supplements, especially one that is a single ingredient.

I did a quick search on google and only found 2 places amazon and their own website. Amazon a bit cheaper and their site is $28.xx plus shipping. I don't like that price personally.

Side Effects

For a problem for me BUT If you are new to beta alanine you will be very very itchy! But don't worry that feeling will go away with time. The more you take beta-alanine the more your body gets used to it and the less you will feel with time.

Conclusion

I absolutely love beta alanine. I will always have it running through my body when I do a workout, cardio session or PT with my unit. Nutrabio put this out there with a true 2g scoop which I love instead of the 1.6g like many. If the price is right I will continue to buy it.

February 1, 2014

• No Proprietary Blends
        • Tinglayy Sensation
        • Not Sold By Big Name Distributors
        Shout out to Nutrabio for hooking the ER squad up with multiple batches of the powder and the pill version of this. I received both and it was a nice stock up, as I only recently finished the containers.

Quick look at Beta-Alanine:
        This is a modified version of the amino acid Alanine. Essentially, this ingredient is shown to convert into Carnosine, once ingested, which acts an an acid buffer in the body. What's that good for? Well unlike most supplements on the market, there is actually some solid research backing the claims in this supplement, which is widely known to induce the "tingles". A hand-full of the studies and meta-analysis done in actual athletes show benefits such as 2.5% increase in muscle endurance, as well as small, measurable boosts in VO2 max and and power output when training to exhaustion. It doesn't seem like a huge difference but I feel it's enough to deem consistent supplementation. Someone on a hypo-caloric diet can certainly benefit from that 2.5%, as I have been using this during my entire contest prep which started back in October for me.

Profile: 10/10
        Solid clinical dose of 3.2g of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine per scoop or per 4 capsules of the pill version. No fillers or random aminos attached to the profile, no proprietary blends. Just solid. This is also manufactured in a GMP & FDA inspected facility which is something every supplement company and consumer should strive for.

Dosing: 10/10
        Easy to take. The scoop is very small and the capsules are a typical size that most can swallow with no issues. Beta-Alanine isn't really shown to have an acute effect but some, such as myself, do like to dose pre workout in order to get the tingle sensation going. No research indicates a need for cycling off this supplement but you are welcome to do so, if you would like the enhanced tingle effect to return.

Taste: N/A
        This powder is unflavored and virtually tasteless when mixed with something like a pre workout or a protein shake. Can't really give a rating since a tasteless product should be just that...tasteless. No points deducted here though.

Results/Benefits: 9/10
        Certainly seemed to help maintain my endurance in the gym while dieting down for my show, which is in two weeks. I don't get the super tingly sensation like I did upon starting the product, but that is known to decline with prolonged used of Beta-Alanine. I enjoy the tingly feeling (which seems to be more pronounced when taken with food) and it helps me get motivated to push through my workouts. Some don't enjoy this feeling. It's something you have to gauge for yourself with trying the product.

Price/Value: 9/10
        I see this typically for 20 bucks, give or take, around a few sites like amazon. Problem is, it's not on the primary sites most gym-goers order from (Allstarhealth, BB.com, tigerfitness, just to name a few). I think it would be good for them to get the product out a little more to other distributors, which I hope to aide in with this review. Going off the clinical 3.2g dose used in studies, you get 60 servings out of the capsule container and a whopping 120 servings out of the powder tub. Not too shabby.

I'm giving this a near-perfect rating, only because Beta-Alanine won't yield you super significant results. However, Nutrabio did come out with what seems to be a pure, well priced product and for that I'm awarding them a 9/10 and recommending that any athletes give beta-alanine a try. If you are worried about the difference between products in this category (carnosyn, purity issues, etc), certainly go with this one. I may or may not order it again until I see it in more retailers, only because I am picky about what online sites I order from. I enjoyed the product though and would like to thank Nutrabio again for delivering. Give it a whirl.

October 31, 2013

• Carnosyn
          This is the first time I have ever given a supplement a 10 overall, but I feel this product is actually worthy of such a high mark. A big shout out to NutraBio for sending me a tub of this, along with their beta-alanine pills. I'll try to keep this short, because I can only go on about one ingredient for so long. This will be more about the powder form.

Ingredient Profile:

It's just beta-alanine, Carnosyn beta-alanine to be exact. Carnosyn is the CreaPure of beta-alanine, pretty much the gold standard. One scoop will provide you will 3.2 grams of BA, the studied dose. Can't get any better than that.

Dosing/Taste/Mix:(10/10)

1 scoop a day, usually anytime of the day or pre-workout. There is no taste at all, so it gets a 10, and the mixability is also a 10. Simple!

One thing I want to point out is that beta-alanine, at least in my experience, can come in 2 different textures(I have only used Carnosyn). It's either the crystal like consistency, which I prefer, or the clumpy powdered sugar consistency, which is hard to measure. NutraBio is the crystal like form.

The pills are tasteless of course, however you need 4 pills to get 3.2 grams, again though, I'm reviewing the powder form.

Effectiveness:(10/10)

Beta-alanine is on par with creatine. It will work for almost anybody. It will reduce fatigue and help you get more reps in before you build up too much lactic acid. I can't really reveal anything that we all don't already know.

I usually feel BA effect me mostly on exercises that demand a lot, like HIIT cardio or high rep leg press/hack squat. I just feel like I can go longer without my legs feeling like someone is injecting them with acid. This is expected, and NutraBio BA delivered. It is still noticeable on other exercises, I just find it more noticeable on those lifts personally. Since I didn't expect anymore than that from this, it hit my expectations, and deserves a perfect score.

I even throw in a half scoop for intra-workout every now and then, as I have had some solid performances using it this way.

Value:(9.5/10)

I would have given this a 10, but after reading jmlstocks' review, NOW does have a better value, although not by very much. It's still worth the money.

Overall:(10/10)

Although it's second in value to NOW, I still think this is my new staple BA. I highly recommend throwing this in your stack if you don't already supplement with BA. It is also made by a very trustworthy company, which gives me a good feeling that I am buying from a company that focuses on quality. When I get low, I will be buying this again.

October 3, 2013

Cons:
            First of all, thank you to Nutrabio for giving us the chance to try out their beta alanine powder.

In trying many supplements, you really don't know what to expect, with this product, I pretty much knew exactly what to expect, my only question mark was this particular company's product quality.

Taste: There is none, product is completely tasteless and can be added to any drink

Ingredient profile:

This tub contains 384g of beta alanine, 120 servings of 3.2g with a scooper measured out for the 3.2g/serving. It is pure Carnosyn patented Beta Alanine, no fillers at all.

Beta alanine dollar for dollar is the best bang for your buck of any supplement in existence. It is priced out at .24 per serving. Taken only preworkout, this container will last you at least 6 months, which is very cheap for a product that only cost $29.

This product is priced out at .08/gram which is the same as bodybuilding.com brand beta. My only reason for the 9/10 is that NOW brands is priced at .04/gram.

Side Effects:

If you haven't taken beta, then tingles can be rather painful the first couple times, so start with a half serving and work your way up.

I'm not going to reveal anything earth shattering for those that are familiar with beta alanine. For those that don't, it is IMO a must have addition to any pre workout stack.

In plain English, this product greatly reduces muscle fatigue. That feeling you get when you're halfway through the workout and your muscles are dying will be greatly reduced. The net result will be that you are able to workout longer and harder. I find that I am far stronger and have more endurance in the second half of my workout when I take beta alanine. You don't truly appreciate this product until you attempt a workout without it.

You can create a very cheap preworkout simply using caffeine pills, beta alanine, plus some bcaas and IMO it is just as effective if not more than any preworkout you'll buy for triple the price. Beta alanine also has a synergistic effect when coupled with creatine greatly enhancing its effects.

On dosage, I prefer around 5-6g preworkout, which a little more than most, but I think you gotta play around with dosage. I find it works best taken about 20 min before your workout.

This is one of those must have supplements that I wouldn't ever wanna do without. It won't magically put on muscle like AAS will, but it will no doubt improve your workouts noticeably. Nutrabio has thus far proven itself a quality company and this product is definitely one I would recommend.