BCAA 5000 Reviews

By: NutraBio

ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
BCAA 5000 is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

December 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Endurance
  • Initial Mixing Issues

Nutrabio BCAA 5000 is a great BCAAs product that's both effective and highly versatile, with a good value to match.

A special thanks to Nutrabio for their continuous participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their BCAAs product BCAA 5000. BCAAs are one of the most versatile supplements in the fitness industry. They help support the growth and repair of muscle tissue and can help support endurance. I mostly use BCAAs for recovery, but will use them for intra workout support at times for better endurance. Regardless what your fitness goals are, BCAAs can have their place in your regimen.

The profile is the basic 2:1:1 ratio you typically find in a majority of BCAAs products, but at different doses.

One scoop provides:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
L-Valine: 1.25g

As you can see this adds up to a total of 5g of BCAAs. I personally would prefer subsequently higher dosages, but if the product has enough servings to compensate for multiple daily servings, the dosages aren't terribly low.

Per usual of Nutrabio, there are no added fillers or unnecessary, unwanted ingredients such as artificial additives.

I received the grape flavor. I found it to have the right amount of enjoyable sweetness without having any bad aftertastes or chemical aroma.

Mixability was a bit of an issue. I did experience some minimal clumping and sediment upon mixture with both water or a sports drink. As advised in previous reviews, you should allow a minute to allow it to settle. This will help encourage a more thorough preparation.

I used one scoop intra and one scoop post workout on training days. On non-training days, I stuck to using only one scoop consumed in the morning or during a work shift in the afternoons or evenings. I did not take it pre since I had a pre workout to cover that area.

As an intra workout supplement I found that BCAA 5000 helped give me a good endurance boost by helping to keep my fatigue to minimum, while helping to maintain a good pump. I was able to execute more frequent reps and sets with shorter rest periods in between intervals. I also had more stamina during my cardio and boxing sessions as well. Lasly, my post workout DOMS was noticeably reduced.

A post workout serving helped my recovery following intensive training sessions and during the days that would follow. I experienced less DOMS and fatigue induced lethargy in the mornings and throughout the day. I had more natural energy leading up to my training sessions each day.

The last thing to note is that even though I did not use a scoop pre workout, I did see a decent heighten in my energy during gym sessions.

Overall, BCAA 5000 delivered where I wanted it to.

Each tub contains 60 servings, which is a two month's supply if you use only one serving. However, even if you're a two serving user like me, that is still at least one month's worth. I've seen BCAA 5000 go for as low as 30 dollars on online retailers. For the amount of servings, efficacy, and quality of the product, this is an excellent value in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As expected similar from past products I've used from them, Nutrabio has delivered well with BCAA 5000. The enhanced endurance and recovery will be much welcomed in order to help achieve fitness goals regardless of what they may be. Furthermore, the value and amount of servings in each tub are excellent, making BCAA 5000 well worth the investment for those who use BCAAs as a regular part of their regimen.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO PATS!!!
  • Grape: 8/10

April 14, 2018

• Effective Dosage

Huge shoutout to Nutrabio do participating in TROOPS and sending me out their BCAA 5000 to review!

Hello all, I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / mass.

This ingredient label is super simple and straightforward. Most products by Nutrabio are though. Each ingredient is fermented and vegan which is nice. The label is 2.5g of L-Leucine, 1.25g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25g of L-Valine. That's it. Plain, simple, and easy. What really makes this company and their labels stand out is the lab testing they do on every product. They insure each product is pure and up to their standards. They even give you paperwork showing who tested it and where it was tested at. That really says a lot to me. It proves their ingredients are really as good as they say.

I received the kiwi strawberry flavor and I was very pleased. It was very satisfying and I enjoyed each serving. It's a very traditional kiwi strawberry flavor that was not over or under flavored. It mixed up perfectly in a shaker everytime. I never had any issues with clumping or mixing. The dosing seemed spot on with the scoop size actually being rather small. Each scoop is 6.67 grams.

I was quite pleased with the results I noticed on this product. My recovery was always great. I felt good following hard lifts and I was never to sore the following days. It was also tasty enough that it satisfied my sweet tooth. I always used this product before or during my workouts. Throughout my usage I noticed good strength and muscle gains. I contribute that to all the products, workouts, and diet I had but this product definitely aided as well.

I found this product to be very valuable. It worked great and tasted awesome so that is easy to pay for in my opinion. The lowest price I was able to find this product was for 29.99 and that was off of several different websites. It comes in a 60 serving tub and that breaks down to .50 cents a serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I give 2 big thumbs up to Nutrabio for another super solid product. They are consistently putting out. I really enjoyed using this product and definitely want to try it again. It's a good deal, it's tasty, and it's effective! I recommend this to anyone looking for a solid BCAA powder. Thanks again Nutrabio!
    • Strawberry Kiwi: 7/10

April 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • No Dyes
    • Taste
    • Not Consistent
    • No Recovery

Thank you to the SR troops program and the people at NutraBio for the opportunity to try their BCAA 5000 product. BCAA's are a staple for me, which I consume on a daily basis, even on non-training days.

Expectations:

A 2:1:1 ration BCAA, that tastes decent. To reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery.

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product because I was looking to get back to the basics, a 2:1:1 ratio BCAA that doesn't have all the extra fluff in it. Also, because I have tried other NutraBio products, some with mixed results and wanted to see how their BCAA fared against them.

Ingredients all naturally fermented per the label:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
    L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
    L-Valine: 1.25g

About the ingredients:

Pretty straightforward product, no fillers, no dyes and a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio

Taste 6/10:

I received the watermelon flavor. Not the best tasting BCAA watermelon flavored product I have had. A middle of the road taste, however, with the simplicity of the product flavor seemed to be influenced. You can taste that the product is very clean and simple.

The taste was not sweet, slightly tart for my taste buds, at time questioning if the flavor was watermelon.

Mixability:

No issues mixing the product, even at two scoops. It dissolved very well in shaker with 24 ounces of water. There was no residue at the bottom of the shaker.

I did not try the product in a glass with a spoon, so I cannot comment on the mixability in that form of consumption.

Dosing:

2 scoops every day with 24 ounces of water in a shaker, whether it was intra workout, or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Effectiveness 6/10

I have had a hit or miss history when it comes to physically noticing the effectiveness of BCAA's. Some products I could truly feel in reduction of muscle soreness, or improved recovery. Other I did not feel anything, but hope the product had some underlying benefit internally while dosing at 2 scoops.

With this product there were occasions when doing a new exercise where I felt muscle soreness was reduced, but it wasn't consistent. I am not sure if I can attribute this effect to the use of the product or not.

In terms of recovery, I didn't notice any difference while taking this product. That's not to say the product had no underlying benefit on my muscles in general.

Value 7/10

A google search has the 60 serving tub going for $29.99 at various online retailers, including NutraBio. That comes out to $1 per day if use only 1 scoop per day which is not bad for a reputable company. I used two scoops per day so my cost would have been $2 per day.

Side Effects

No GI issues or any other issues

Conclusion

A basic 2:1:1 ratio BCAA, with a higher quality fermented BCAA, no dyes. A straightforward and simple BCAA product from a reputable company. Not a bad value at $1 per day, based on quality alone. If I were to purchase this, I would probably scale back the dosage to 1 scoop per day.
    • Watermelon: 6/10

March 1, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Effective Dosage

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of consistently supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. As I've been regulating calories through intermittent fasting the past few months, I try to ensure I'm ingesting 5-10g of BCAAs every morning during my fasted window, regardless of whether I work out or not. As such I was very interested in running NutraBio's BCAA 5000 as it perfectly fits my morning needs.

BCAA 5000 is as basic a BCAA supplement as I've ever seen. 5g per scoop of the three main essential BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio. No additives or minerals or electrolytes. I personally love the simplicity of this supplement and, as mentioned, find it ideal for someone like myself who is solely focused on BCAA supplementation.

I requested and received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. It took a few doses, but eventually the taste grew on me. The flavor is fairly tart and not as sweet as other products I've tried.

I dosed two scoops every morning in 32oz of water and either sipped through my workout or drank down within my first hour at work.

Mixability was exactly what you would expect from high quality BCAAs, which are hydrophobic by nature. Lots of foaming and a good amount of clumping around the lid of my shaker bottle. Took a good five-ten minutes or so for the powder to fully dissolve. Not a negative at all - this should happen with any intraworkout supplement that includes an appropriate dose of BCAAs

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I do notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. BCAA 5000 was right on par with most other intraworkout products I've reviewed recently. I'm giving a few extra points to NutraBio though as I've really had a renewed focus in the gym these past two months, have been getting in at least 4-5 times a week, and have been hitting the weights hard. BCAA 5000 kept up and ensured I was never too sore the following day.

That said, the lack of minerals and electrolyte support in this product was evident to me in my workouts. This is not a negative or a knock at all on BCAA 5000 - it's not marketed as a complete intraworkout supplement, but trying to use this as a straight up replacement for a more robust intraworkout meant I didn't have quite the same level of stamina and mid-workout recovery. Just an FYI for those of you out there who are like me and rely heavily on intraworkout products for this purpose.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. NutraBio, which is known for being a pricier brand, comes in with a surprising affordable .50c per scoop / $30 for 60 servings for a tub of BCAA 5000. Of course, this is due to the simplicity of the product and the fact it does not include common intraworkout boosters, but I feel this is a solid and fair price point for what you're getting.

And yes, I bounced up the serving to two scoops / $1.00 daily, but there's still value to be had at dosing only one scoop / 5g daily considering the minimum effective BCAA dose for most average sized humans has been proven through research to be right around 5 grams.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that provides a solid serving of BCAAs, nothing more. For anyone needing additional BCAA supplementation, whether as a stand-alone intraworkout or as support for a broader stack - this is a great option. NutraBio has another winner of their hands here and it's a BCAA product I'll absolutely be purchasing in the future.
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 6/10

February 25, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • Initial Mixing Issues

Whats up SR, wanted to drop my review of the BCAA 5000 from Nutrabio. I am currently running hypertrophy style workouts while incorporating some metabolic conditioning during the week as well as my usual routine of boxing and muay thai. Now as you can see with a schedule like that I need all of the help in terms of recovery that I can get, cue BCAA 5000. I want to give a quick shoutout to the Trooper program as well as Nutrabio for sending this my way.

This may be the easiest profile breakdown I have ever done. Nutrabio is always transparent with their labelling so we get full disclosure of the ingredients, big positive marks for that. The profile goes as follows:

L- Leucine - 2.5g (naturally fermented/ vegan)
      L-Isoleucine - 1.25g (naturally fermented/ vegan)
      L- Valine - 1.25g (naturally fermented/ vegan)

Okay so right away we notice the higher quality sourcing of the BCAA's as well as the use of the standard 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA's. Perfect, this formula is super simple in the best way possible, just the stuff you need with no garbage fillers or pixie dusting of the key branch chains. Most of us already know but just for the new people, BCAA's are used to aid in muscle recovery, improves protein synthesis, reduces fatigue and can help aid in muscle growth.

I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, and I was a fan, not the greatest strawberry kiwi I have ever had, but very solid nonetheless. At a single scoop serving the flavor is pretty mild, at a 2 scoop serving its much better and has a very prominent strawberry taste. Mixability was perfect, I did use a blender ball shaker so I cant exactly say what it would be like stirred with a spoon, one thing to note is that this does froth up and have a foam immediately after shaking. Do not be alarmed, this is a sign of high quality BCAA's and it goes away once left for a minute or two. The dosing that I ran was 2 scoops (providing 10g of BCAA's), I took this either intraworkout or post workout.

Alright, now for the important stuff, does it actually work, the easy answer is yes. Anytime you have a product this well dosed in branch chains you will find some aid in recovery. For me personally with how hectic and active my schedule is this helped me quite a bit just in terms of allowing my muscles to survive the rigorous training and abuse I put them through. I did have DOM's I wont lie, but the DOM's I did have were noticeably decreased versus not taking this product. That was the main area of benefit for me, my muscles recovered well and I was able to hit certain body parts (arms, shoulders) twice a week with no issue. In terms of fatigue I saw no issues here either, I was able to push out workout after workout with relative ease (thanks to the help of some stimulants as well lol). In terms of actual muscle growth, I did experience some gains during my month run of this, but I cant in all honesty give the credit to the BCAA 5000, as my diet and training were on point.

This will run you around $29.99 for a 60 serving tub, giving it a value of 0.50 cents per serving if you are only taking a single scoop. Now if you are dosing the way I did, it runs you $1.00 per serving, which is a price I have zero issue paying for a high quality BCAA that is as well dosed as this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall if you are looking for a recovery aid thats not going to make your wallet cry I would really recommend you give BCAA 5000 a try. While it may not be perfect for intraworkout (lacks electrolytes and other bits and pieces), Nutrabio already makes Intrablast for that. This is a perfectly dosed high quality branch chain product that will help you recover from a tough workout regardless of your style of training.
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10

February 19, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • Maintains Muscle Mass
      • Initial Mixing Issues

Big thanks to NutraBio for letting me try out BCAA 5000 and bigger shoutout for actually hooking me up with the grape flavor. The market is saturated with Amino products and they are getting more and more insane with their ingredient profiles and the added ingredients. So in an over saturated world, NutraBio puts out a simple bare bone products to contend, so lets see if it really does stand up to the rest.

In standard NutraBio tradition you have a fully transparent label with simple ingredients.

L-Leucine (naturally fermented) 2.5g
      L-Isoleucine (naturally fermented) 1.25g
      L-Valine (naturally fermented) 1.25g

other ingredients include 50mg of beet root powder for color and a breakdown of what they use for flavoring.

Still very simple profile for a product that is supposed to compete and outsell a saturated market.

So I had the grape flavor and it was everything I could have imagined. It was like drinking a very clean tasting grape juice which I found fantastic. It was also a strong enough flavor to mask the bitterness of NutraBio's pure Agamatine. Keep in mind, all of this was done with just one scoop (6.67g) with anywhere from 12-32oz of water. Honestly you cannot beat that, especially with how clean the taste was, compared to some others that leave you feeling like you drank a sugar packet.

Mixability is a bit tricky. So regardless of how much water you mix this with, it will not mix at first glance. There are usually chunks of powder sitting on top of the water, or stuck to the side of your cup. This can create a frustrating or disappointed feeling to the user. HOWEVER....if you mix it up in water, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes everything will be fully dissolved and it will be practically see through as if it was just colored water.

Dosing was 1 scoop to drink during my workout and another serving at night to go with the Agmatine for sleep purposes.

Amino products are one of those quiet workers who comes in, does the job and doesn't make a fuss. the only way you really know that one of these products does not work at all, is if you have crippling pain from the workout. Not only did this product taste great, it was effective as well. It was simple to the point Amino Acids that delivered time and time again to fight muscle soreness, and reduce fatigue. I never once had a bad recovery with this, so with that being said I would say for a product that is 5g of Amino's it did fantastic.

Just about every where you search for this product you will find sites selling the 60 serving tub for $30 which comes out to .50 a serving which is a pretty great deal. Yeah, you are not getting amazingly flashy ingredients, but at the same time that is not what this is. This is pure, un-perverted amino acids that are there to deliver the basic needs for muscle preservation. Additionally you will get the NutraBio guarantee that the product is clean of any foreign or banned substance.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

This product is simple and clean. It was a nice refreshing flavor and really delivers a strong product in a market full of gimmicks. If you are looking into getting into using Amino's as part of your routine, this should be your first stop. Scivation use to be the king of Amino's and they were who I thought was the best suited for beginners, but that throne has been snatched up by NutraBio and BCAA 5000. Pick up a tub and you wont be disappointed.
      • Grape: 9/10

February 5, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • Maintains Muscle Mass

What is up guys? Here's A review for one of the more recommended brands on the site: NutraBio. This product was a joy to take and as always I'd like to thank everyone at SR and NutraBio for making this possible. Let's dive right in shall we.
        If the body is not able to fully tolerate the stress that you're putting it through during a vigorous workout, you could see problems regarding muscle recovery, and possibly an increased likelihood of illness. Your diet is the main thing that will support your gains, however, it never hurts to give it a little extra 'boost' with a supplement like BCAAs.

FULL LABEL DISCLOSURE
        I can't stand prop blends so this is a big plus from me. It contains:
        2.5g of Leucine
        1.25g of isoleucine
        1.25g of Valine
        It's a pretty standard amino acid profile with naturally fermented Vegan ingredients. I will admit that 5g of BCAAs is pretty much the minimum amount of BCAAs I look for when choosing a product in this category. There's no big SHINY letters screaming "gain 12 pounds of muscle in 12 days?!?!" Nutrabio uses a much more laid back approach with just the simple, 'what you see is what you get' kind of marketing.

Taste: Kiwi Strawberry was extremely enjoyable (I do love this mixture in other drinks and water flavorings). I did not find the taste to be overpowering at all, but I can see how it could seem 'too strong' or overpowering for those desiring a more bland taste.

Mixibility: No issues, this powder mixes exactly like all of NutraBio's other products do. Just give it a few good shakes in a blender bottle with your desired amount of water and you'll be good to go in 10 seconds or less.

Dosage: I took 2 servings of this product intra-workout for decreased DOMs and it worked perfectly. 10g of BCAAs per workout is a brilliant add on if your already meeting your daily protein needs through your diet.

I would sip on my 2 scoops of BCAAs throughout the duration of my entire workout (usually at a high tempo pace for anywhere between an hour to an hour and a half) and I experienced way less muscle soreness than I did when I was not using a BCAA product. It started working from day 1. I noticed the benefits immediately. For me personally, I like the idea of taking BCAAs as an Intra-workout supplement because it at the very least gives you the placebo effect that your muscles can start rebuilding as you're tearing them down and I believe that there is a little truth to that as well.

Every single website I went to had the 60-64 servings of BCAAs for $29.99. That comes out to about 50 cents per serving. That's really not bad at all for a high-quality BCAA product.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a good BCAA product if you're only looking for 5g per serving. I've gained a lot of respect for this company and would absolutely recommend this product to any gym rat that already has his diet and training regiment in order. It's a great boost to any stack.

February 5, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Simple Product
        • No Prop Blends

Greetings, SR family. I'm back again with another review. NutraBio's BCAA 5000 has the honor of being subject to my scrutiny this time around. Branched Chain Amino Acids, or BCAAs are a supplement staple for most athletes, lifters, and bodybuilders, and for good reason. It's well established that branched-chain amino acids (particularly leucine) stimulate protein synthesis, and might do so to a greater extent than a normal protein on its own. BCAAs also increase synthesis of the cellular machinery responsible for carrying out the process of protein synthesis. Thus, BCAAs not only increase the rate of protein synthesis, but they also increase the cell's capacity for protein synthesis!
          BCAAs also work in your favor by reducing the rate of protein breakdown. They do this (primarily) by decreasing the activity of the components of the protein breakdown pathway, and also by decreasing the expression of several complexes involved in protein breakdown.

Until recently, I was one of those skeptics who believed that BCAAs were an unnecessary supplement, and I could easily reap the benefits just by consuming enough whey protein. However, upon further research, I found out that this is not completely true. Although whey is rich in BCAAs, this isn't the most effective strategy. The BCAAs in whey are peptide-bound to other amino acids and, in order to be effective, must be liberated through digestion and then absorbed into the bloodstream. Even though whey protein is relatively fast digesting, it still takes several hours for all the amino acids to be liberated and absorbed into the bloodstream.

BCAAs in supplement form, however, are free-form, require no digestion, and are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. They spike blood amino acid levels to a much greater and faster extent than peptide-bound aminos. Even a few grams of free-form BCAAs will spike BCAA plasma levels to a much greater extent than 30 grams of whey protein, thereby having a more immediate impact on protein synthesis and protein degradation.

Additionally, since BCAAs bypass the liver and gut and go directly into your blood stream, they can be used as an immediate energy source during your workouts. On to the review.

NutraBio has built a reputation for using 100% disclosure on all their products' ingredient profiles. BCAA 5000 is no exception.

Here, you get the basic 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs yielding 5 grams (2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine). This is a basic, but tried and true formula, so if it's not broken, why fix it, right?

Taste & Mixability
          I requested and received Passion Fruit flavor, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting some watered-down, feeble attempt at some exotic flavor. However, when mixed in a 20 oz shaker, it's pretty tasty.

As far as mixability goes, I found that it was best to shake the mixture vigorously for about 20 seconds, let it sit for about a minute, and then shake again. This may sound a tad tedious to some, but I had no issues with chalkiness or excess grit left at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Gauging the effectiveness of a BCAA product is a little difficult. New studies have shown that dieting groups supplementing with BCAAs increase muscle retention and maximize fat loss much more effectively than non-supplemented groups. However, I wasn't really dieting, and I made no changes to my workouts, so I can't say that I retained or gained any muscle mass BECAUSE of BCAA 5000. I did notice reduced DOMS and slightly increased endurance throughout each set. I think combining BCAAs with NutraBio's Intra-Blast would make an awesome 1-2 punch.

The lowest price I could find BCAA 5000 was on Amazon for $26.99 with free shipping. Considering each container will give you about 64 servings, this represents a decent value, even when taking 2 servings a day.

Side Effects

Conclusion

BCAA 5000 is a very good product with quality ingredients at a reasonable price. I wouldn't call it a home run, but it's definitely a stand up triple with no outs.
          • Passion Fruit: 8/10

August 6, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Simple Product
          • Light Taste
          Big thanks and shout out to the peeps at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs, as well as some other gifts including a shaker and a pen. BCAAs are one of the basic or "staple" supplements that almost every bodybuilding or fitness enthusiast should be using. Yeah, there's nothing flashy or cool about them, but the multitude of benefits they offer certainly are cool. Here's a breakdown of the BCAA product Nutrabio serves up:

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

This formula is as basic as your standard white girl with Uggs and a Starbucks Latte. However some things are classic and basic because they work and stand the test of time, and BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio are an example of that mold in the supplement world. The 2:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine) ratio is what most of the studies and research on BCAAs are based on, and the blueprint on which to follow with any BCAA formula. You get that formula, slightly modified in 2.5 grams Leucine, and 1.25 Isoleucine and Valine with this product. That gives you 5 grams of BCAAs per serving which is also the bar as far as a minimum amount of BCAAs you want to take in per serving. Nutrobio's prowess for full disclosure also ensures that you know exactly what you're putting into your body right down to the amount of flavoring used in each scoop. So while this formula is "boring", and "simple", it's effective and has a longstanding history of research and anecdotal evidence behind it.

Mixture (10/10)

It doesn't get much easier than mixing this product; 1 scoop, 16 to 20 ounces of water, shake a few times, booya. No unmixed powder and light to moderate foaming, if only everything mixed this easily.

Taste (6/10)

I received the Tropical Punch flavor for this product. The best way I could describe it is watered down Kool-Aid. It's not great, and not terrible, but definitely bearable and that's all you really need. I am a little more stern in rating since I have had some really good tasting BCAAs that I drink even when I'm not working out because I love them so much. With this however, you get a flavor that easy and light on the tastebuds and is thoughtless to chug during your workouts.

Effectiveness (9/10)

BCAAs are more of a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. You won't get that instant gratification of a vein busting pump, or an alpha male feeling as with a test booster. BCAAs are more of a "No news is good news" kind of product, if you're taking them regularly, working out hard, and you don't feel overly sorethen they've done their job. That's exactly what you get with this product, and for those extra long or grueling workouts a double scoop serving is perfect to help heal and recover those devastated muscle fibers. My soreness was always at bay while using this, and that's all you could ask for in a BCAA product.

Value (8/10)

Nutrabio's products typically tend to be on the higher end of price since they are on the higher end of quality. This product however finds itself nicely in the realm of reasonable price and value. You can snag this at illpumpyouup for $26.99 for a 64 serving tub, or roughly 42 cents per serving. While still slightly high in the BCAA product spectrum, the full disclosure of Nutrabio ensures you're getting minimal filler and maximum effective product. So I give it a little bump in value since you are getting a quality product at a fair price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's BCAA product is as simple and effective as it gets. A formula that gives you exactly what you need, an easy to mix and drink product, and effective results. This seemingly simple product packs a powerful punch and proves it's worth and value. I highly recommend, give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
          • Tropical Fruit Punch: 6/10

9.5
            July 15, 2017

• No Prop Blends

*Inspiration for the title of this review was brought to you by Powerman5000 & Sum 41*

BCAA5000 is a simple, multi-use BCAA supplement that will leave you satisfied and not as sore as you would think. I used this in many aspects of life. I did go on a vacation out of the country and DID NOT bring this or any other supplement along with me.

Side Effects

1 scoop delivers a nice 5g dose of Vegan BCAAs and 1.44g of other ingredients. Fully disclosed label as NutraBio does with all its products.

NutraBio gives us a 2:1:1 ratio, this is a common and trusted ratio of L-Leucine (2.5g), L-Isoleucine (1.25g) and L-Valine (1.25g).

Taste & Mixability
            I requested and received Tropical Fruit Punch gets a thumbs up from me. In a 20oz shaker it is pretty flavorful (strong to some), mixed in a 32oz or more at 1 scoop it gets lighter for those who don't like the stronger flavors.

Mixability is very similar to most of your BCAA, I recommend shaking them well and letting it sit for a few minutes to avoid the very little grit it leaves. I personally don't mind it in BCAA5000, knock it back or sip it with some ice and you have a super tasty and refreshing drink!

Effectiveness & Dosing
            BCAA are so versatile and help with recovery and making sure your muscles are fed. I used BCAA5000 in many ways I would drink them in the morning 1 scoop on my way to work in the morning on days where I could not get breakfast in. These are also awesome as an intra workout. BCAA5000 are great as an intra workout as they help reduce fatigue while improving your physical performance. My normal does for intra would be anywhere between 1 and 2 scoops depending on how much water the bottle I had that particular day held. Taking them intra workout is like the cloudiness goes away while you are sip them in between sets.
            I also used these to hold me over when I would be schedule to take the late lunch 1:30pm or later. BCAA5000 was very welcome at this point because hunger starts to set in and this is where I become vulnerable to picking up some candy that we have laying around at work. The tastiness makes them a treat, without the empty calories.

BCAA5000 has excellent value you get 63 serving tub for under 30 dollars. What more can you ask for in a basic BCAA product.

Conclusion
            BCAA5000 gives you what you want in a product with as much versatility as BCAA's. You can take them anytime and they will benefit you and your muscles. Adding to that these come from a company that we all know and trust.

Thank you NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to review this BCAA5000 and SR for making the connection possible.
            • Tropical Fruit Punch: 8/10