BCAA 5000 Reviews

By: NutraBio

ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
BCAA 5000 is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

February 8, 2019

• Great Value
  • Fermented BCAA

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to NUTRABIO for participating in the SR TROOP program and to old SupplementReviews for making this connection possible.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 1 ingredient: 5 grams of BCAA: Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits.

You can read more about BCAA at the Overview of SR's BCAA section here: https://supplementreviews.com/categories/amino-acids/bcaa-eaa

*TASTE: I requested and received Pina Colada. Delicious, tastes exactly like a Pina (Pia in Spanish) Colada!

*MIXABILITY: No problems here.

*DOSING: I usually took 1 scoop per day, sometimes tried with 2 scoops per day.

EFFECTIVENESS

I took this several ways: Pre-Workout, with a meal, intra-workout.

You can take BCAA with a meal to increase the amount of Leucine of what you're eating. Examine.com about Leucine: "The studies assessing Leucine mostly look at muscle protein synthesis when additional Leucine is added to the diet or to a test meal, and it appears that Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after test meals. Whether this results in more lean mass over a period of time is somewhat less reliable though, and leucine appears to be more effective at promoting gains in muscle in people with lower dietary protein intake(...)" Also this from the same source: "It tends to be taken either in a fasted state or alongside meals with an inherently low protein content (or protein sources that are low in leucine)." I think it was very effective taking it with a meal because muscles seemed to be getting bigger.

Intra-workout was the least effective but that can be because I'm not a fan of intra-workouts. It still worked though but average. That feeling can be explained because I usually take pre-workouts so intra-workouts won't really make so much difference.

That being said, when I combined 1 scoop of this with some other ingredients pre-workout, I could see a significant difference. I was combining lot of things, some caffeine, some yohimbe, beta alanine, creatine and don't remember what else. The inclusion and exclusion of NutraBio BCAA 5000 in this formula could be perceived all the time. Even though some of the ingredients mentioned have similar benefits to BCAA, the BCAA maximized those effects.

VALUE

BB has it for $31.49, NutraBio's website for $29.99, GNC for $29.99. Excellent price.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Lot of servings (60 servings). Very delicious taste. NutraBio usually makes flavors taste really well so the other flavors of this product probably taste delicious too. Very useful for muscle growth, recovery between sets, clean energy, delaying fatigue and the other benefits from BCAA. My suggestion is for you to use it with a meal low on protein (could be high too) and to add it to your pre-workout.

Yes I know, one of my weakest reviews... but there's no motivation, sorry. This is my last review for now. Let's see when the unknown brand will make this site work again and be the best like we were.
    • Pina Colada: 10/10

Overall
    Overall
    7.1
      January 23, 2019

• Initial Mixing Issues

This is a very straightforward BCAA product, with the exception that the ingredients are vegan and naturally fermented. It's essentially a direct, mirroring competitor to Kaged Muscle's BCAAs with fewer servings.

I don't always use BCAAs but when I do I notice the difference in recovery time especially-- or at least I expect to! Coupling that with NutraBio being a top 3 brand within the industry in every category (my opinion), when I saw this on the dash I jumped on it immediately. It's about as vanilla as it gets from NutraBio, with nothing but your normal BCAAs with the added fermented/vegan twist.

What we have in BCAA 5000 is nothing unexpected. 5000 mg of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. This is sweetened with sucralose but there are not any artificial dyes included.

Taste: I received the Grape flavor and found it to be really good. It wasn't overly strong and I often dislike the taste of BCAAs-- not the case here though. In a full 20oz shaker the taste was light and refreshing.
    Mixability: Somewhat subpar at first, when shaken the BCAAs tend to form into tiny clusters and only after you've taken a few sips and continued to shake in between do things finally completely dissolve. Smooth sailing from there.
    Dosing: I used this twice daily most days, first during my lift and second as a drink at lunch. That's probably the best testament to the flavor... if it didn't taste good I wouldn't wash down a good meal with it.

This definitely had an impact on reducing my muscle soreness and speeding up my recovery, which is the main thing I turn to BCAAs for anyway. It also was useful in limiting rest time between sets it seemed. I didn't notice a difference in muscle growth beyond what is normal and expected. This is mainly just useful for recovery both long and short term, and hydration. It shines in those areas.

The best price I found for this was $29.99 for 60 servings. I think that's good but would actually prefer NutraBio's intrablast at twice the price for the full spectrum of BCAA/EAAs instead. That could just be me, but I always have better results when taking the full spectrum of amino acids.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall NutraBio delivered on this as expected. It's high quality, with no bells or whistles, and tastes good. If I were in the market for BCAAs as a standalone I'd probably look here first and have already directed others to try this product and received good feedback. Thank you NutraBio for the patience on this review and opportunity to try it.
    • Grape: 7/10

January 4, 2019

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Initial Mixing Issues

What up guys here for another review this time of Nutrabio 5000 BCAA. Nutrabio has come out with some good products over the past year and this one is no different, it is straight and to the point. The full disclosure label has the three main AA which enhance the cover process while giving you good taste and average mixability in the process.

L-Leucine 2.5 g - this helps improve muscle mass by reducing the breakdown of protein. In addition a study performed in 2005 (long time ago) showed that exercise plus leucine supplementation had better effects on weight loss than the control group.

L-Isoleucine 1.25 g - this ingredient is able to increase glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise. This also plays a role in preventing muscle breakdown but to a lesser degree.

L-Valine 1.25 g - This has products of both glucose uptake and preventing muscle breakdown but to a lesser degree than both. There is not much research on valine alone and right now limited evidence is around to support any more effects that it has/

The taste was great. I received the grape flavor. I normally hate everything grape flavored when it comes to powdered supplements but this time around I think they did a good job in not making it too powerful in the flavoring. As for as mixability it did great when mixing in a blender bottle. Unfortunately, I would not recommend try to stir this product. When I tried to stir it all I got was a bunch of frothy mixture at the top of the liquid. For dosing one scoop is 6.24 grams and there are a total of 60 servings in this product. Quite a bit and that is another reason why this gets a thumbs up from me.

The effectiveness, in my opinion, shoulder be consistent when you have BCAA. This product shoulder be able to help you recover after your workouts so you can have the greatest gains possible. During the time that I was taking this product I was only taking it 1x/day so it took a long time to finish it, but I was consistent. Consistency is the key when taking any supplement but I think especially important for BCAA. Since you make most of your gains out of the gym and not in the gym it is important you have a reliable supplement. This product enabled me to recover a good amount allowing me to lift heavier weights every workout. With the ability to lift heavier and longer I was able to make some good progress in the weight room improving bench and Deadlifts with only a moderate weight lifting program. Overall I think BCAA of any brand shoulder be included in the regimen for serious weightlifters.

The first site I found this on was the nutrabio site for 29.99 for 60 servings which in my opinion is a pretty good deal. You can also find this product on amazon.com for the same price with prime. These are the two most reliable sites that I found this site.

Side Effects

none for me

Conclusion

Overall I think this is a solid BCAA and Nutrabio does not disappoint. Any BCAA that has a good ingredient profile will be a good addition to your supplement stacks. I think that BCAA have good recovery abilities in and out of the gym. This effect enables you to life more effectively each day and isn't that all what we want so we can make as much gains as possible? Overall this product is recommended.
    • Grape: 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.4
      December 28, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Effective Dosage
    • No Dyes
    • Maintains Muscle Mass
    • Chalky Taste
    • Taste

A solid amount of natural BCAA powder to but hard to mix.

Thank you to NutaBio for letting me try the natural BCAA. I was looking to try some other BCAA, so why not try a natural BCAA which would be the first time. This is a good product but the natural comes with taste and mixability price (not in $).

Ingredient

This is a fermented BCAA water mix. It has no calories, sugar, carbs, dyes or artificial color. It has 5 g of 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA and is no blend. Pretty straightforward supplement. I give a high-ranking.

This was a raw unflavored product but it still has flavor. The taste and mixability were awful. I had to mix it with flavored product but regardless, the taste was difficult to drink. The mix was chunky and looked like it was floating dirt or small rocks. The mix was bad with water or anything else because it never seemed to break down. I stirred and tried to shake, but it still failed to mix. The instructions say to take one scoop with a workout and another one later in the day. The dosing was good as it gave you a healthy amount of BCAA at 5.00 grams which is my normal intake. I give this an extremely low rating for taste and mixability but give it a high rating for dosing. The only problem I had with this was taking 2 scoops a day at different times. I just like taking one scoop right after a workout for ease.

The BCAA in this product are very similar to other mixes. I felt it was effective and did what you needed it to do but there is no way to measure the effects. The BCAA (branch chain amino acids) are for protein synthesis and absorbed into the muscle. This was an effective product, so I give it a nice ranking.

This product was not hard to find as it was available on many websites. The prices listed it at $30. The $30 price point puts it at $1 per serving but I can get effective BCAA as low as $0.50 per serving but since this is a natural product, the price is a little high. I give this a middle rating.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

This was a good mix. The ingredients are where they should be. The taste and mixability were awful but dosing were on point. It was effective as needed. The cost is a little high but not bad. I had no side effects. I would definitely not put this into my supplement rotation due to nasty taste and mixing but other than that, a good product.
    • Natural Flavor: 1/10

December 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Endurance
    • Initial Mixing Issues

Nutrabio BCAA 5000 is a great BCAAs product that's both effective and highly versatile, with a good value to match.

A special thanks to Nutrabio for their continuous participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their BCAAs product BCAA 5000. BCAAs are one of the most versatile supplements in the fitness industry. They help support the growth and repair of muscle tissue and can help support endurance. I mostly use BCAAs for recovery, but will use them for intra workout support at times for better endurance. Regardless what your fitness goals are, BCAAs can have their place in your regimen.

The profile is the basic 2:1:1 ratio you typically find in a majority of BCAAs products, but at different doses.

One scoop provides:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
    L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
    L-Valine: 1.25g

As you can see this adds up to a total of 5g of BCAAs. I personally would prefer subsequently higher dosages, but if the product has enough servings to compensate for multiple daily servings, the dosages aren't terribly low.

Per usual of Nutrabio, there are no added fillers or unnecessary, unwanted ingredients such as artificial additives.

I received the grape flavor. I found it to have the right amount of enjoyable sweetness without having any bad aftertastes or chemical aroma.

Mixability was a bit of an issue. I did experience some minimal clumping and sediment upon mixture with both water or a sports drink. As advised in previous reviews, you should allow a minute to allow it to settle. This will help encourage a more thorough preparation.

I used one scoop intra and one scoop post workout on training days. On non-training days, I stuck to using only one scoop consumed in the morning or during a work shift in the afternoons or evenings. I did not take it pre since I had a pre workout to cover that area.

As an intra workout supplement I found that BCAA 5000 helped give me a good endurance boost by helping to keep my fatigue to minimum, while helping to maintain a good pump. I was able to execute more frequent reps and sets with shorter rest periods in between intervals. I also had more stamina during my cardio and boxing sessions as well. Lasly, my post workout DOMS was noticeably reduced.

A post workout serving helped my recovery following intensive training sessions and during the days that would follow. I experienced less DOMS and fatigue induced lethargy in the mornings and throughout the day. I had more natural energy leading up to my training sessions each day.

The last thing to note is that even though I did not use a scoop pre workout, I did see a decent heighten in my energy during gym sessions.

Overall, BCAA 5000 delivered where I wanted it to.

Each tub contains 60 servings, which is a two month's supply if you use only one serving. However, even if you're a two serving user like me, that is still at least one month's worth. I've seen BCAA 5000 go for as low as 30 dollars on online retailers. For the amount of servings, efficacy, and quality of the product, this is an excellent value in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As expected similar from past products I've used from them, Nutrabio has delivered well with BCAA 5000. The enhanced endurance and recovery will be much welcomed in order to help achieve fitness goals regardless of what they may be. Furthermore, the value and amount of servings in each tub are excellent, making BCAA 5000 well worth the investment for those who use BCAAs as a regular part of their regimen.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO PATS!!!
    • Grape: 8/10

April 14, 2018

• Effective Dosage

Huge shoutout to Nutrabio do participating in TROOPS and sending me out their BCAA 5000 to review!

Hello all, I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / mass.

This ingredient label is super simple and straightforward. Most products by Nutrabio are though. Each ingredient is fermented and vegan which is nice. The label is 2.5g of L-Leucine, 1.25g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25g of L-Valine. That's it. Plain, simple, and easy. What really makes this company and their labels stand out is the lab testing they do on every product. They insure each product is pure and up to their standards. They even give you paperwork showing who tested it and where it was tested at. That really says a lot to me. It proves their ingredients are really as good as they say.

I received the kiwi strawberry flavor and I was very pleased. It was very satisfying and I enjoyed each serving. It's a very traditional kiwi strawberry flavor that was not over or under flavored. It mixed up perfectly in a shaker everytime. I never had any issues with clumping or mixing. The dosing seemed spot on with the scoop size actually being rather small. Each scoop is 6.67 grams.

I was quite pleased with the results I noticed on this product. My recovery was always great. I felt good following hard lifts and I was never to sore the following days. It was also tasty enough that it satisfied my sweet tooth. I always used this product before or during my workouts. Throughout my usage I noticed good strength and muscle gains. I contribute that to all the products, workouts, and diet I had but this product definitely aided as well.

I found this product to be very valuable. It worked great and tasted awesome so that is easy to pay for in my opinion. The lowest price I was able to find this product was for 29.99 and that was off of several different websites. It comes in a 60 serving tub and that breaks down to .50 cents a serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I give 2 big thumbs up to Nutrabio for another super solid product. They are consistently putting out. I really enjoyed using this product and definitely want to try it again. It's a good deal, it's tasty, and it's effective! I recommend this to anyone looking for a solid BCAA powder. Thanks again Nutrabio!
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 7/10

April 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • No Dyes
      • Taste
      • Not Consistent
      • No Recovery

Thank you to the SR troops program and the people at NutraBio for the opportunity to try their BCAA 5000 product. BCAA's are a staple for me, which I consume on a daily basis, even on non-training days.

Expectations:

A 2:1:1 ration BCAA, that tastes decent. To reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery.

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product because I was looking to get back to the basics, a 2:1:1 ratio BCAA that doesn't have all the extra fluff in it. Also, because I have tried other NutraBio products, some with mixed results and wanted to see how their BCAA fared against them.

Ingredients all naturally fermented per the label:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
      L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
      L-Valine: 1.25g

About the ingredients:

Pretty straightforward product, no fillers, no dyes and a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio

Taste 6/10:

I received the watermelon flavor. Not the best tasting BCAA watermelon flavored product I have had. A middle of the road taste, however, with the simplicity of the product flavor seemed to be influenced. You can taste that the product is very clean and simple.

The taste was not sweet, slightly tart for my taste buds, at time questioning if the flavor was watermelon.

Mixability:

No issues mixing the product, even at two scoops. It dissolved very well in shaker with 24 ounces of water. There was no residue at the bottom of the shaker.

I did not try the product in a glass with a spoon, so I cannot comment on the mixability in that form of consumption.

Dosing:

2 scoops every day with 24 ounces of water in a shaker, whether it was intra workout, or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Effectiveness 6/10

I have had a hit or miss history when it comes to physically noticing the effectiveness of BCAA's. Some products I could truly feel in reduction of muscle soreness, or improved recovery. Other I did not feel anything, but hope the product had some underlying benefit internally while dosing at 2 scoops.

With this product there were occasions when doing a new exercise where I felt muscle soreness was reduced, but it wasn't consistent. I am not sure if I can attribute this effect to the use of the product or not.

In terms of recovery, I didn't notice any difference while taking this product. That's not to say the product had no underlying benefit on my muscles in general.

Value 7/10

A google search has the 60 serving tub going for $29.99 at various online retailers, including NutraBio. That comes out to $1 per day if use only 1 scoop per day which is not bad for a reputable company. I used two scoops per day so my cost would have been $2 per day.

Side Effects

No GI issues or any other issues

Conclusion

A basic 2:1:1 ratio BCAA, with a higher quality fermented BCAA, no dyes. A straightforward and simple BCAA product from a reputable company. Not a bad value at $1 per day, based on quality alone. If I were to purchase this, I would probably scale back the dosage to 1 scoop per day.
      • Watermelon: 6/10

March 1, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • Effective Dosage

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of consistently supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. As I've been regulating calories through intermittent fasting the past few months, I try to ensure I'm ingesting 5-10g of BCAAs every morning during my fasted window, regardless of whether I work out or not. As such I was very interested in running NutraBio's BCAA 5000 as it perfectly fits my morning needs.

BCAA 5000 is as basic a BCAA supplement as I've ever seen. 5g per scoop of the three main essential BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio. No additives or minerals or electrolytes. I personally love the simplicity of this supplement and, as mentioned, find it ideal for someone like myself who is solely focused on BCAA supplementation.

I requested and received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor. It took a few doses, but eventually the taste grew on me. The flavor is fairly tart and not as sweet as other products I've tried.

I dosed two scoops every morning in 32oz of water and either sipped through my workout or drank down within my first hour at work.

Mixability was exactly what you would expect from high quality BCAAs, which are hydrophobic by nature. Lots of foaming and a good amount of clumping around the lid of my shaker bottle. Took a good five-ten minutes or so for the powder to fully dissolve. Not a negative at all - this should happen with any intraworkout supplement that includes an appropriate dose of BCAAs

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I do notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. BCAA 5000 was right on par with most other intraworkout products I've reviewed recently. I'm giving a few extra points to NutraBio though as I've really had a renewed focus in the gym these past two months, have been getting in at least 4-5 times a week, and have been hitting the weights hard. BCAA 5000 kept up and ensured I was never too sore the following day.

That said, the lack of minerals and electrolyte support in this product was evident to me in my workouts. This is not a negative or a knock at all on BCAA 5000 - it's not marketed as a complete intraworkout supplement, but trying to use this as a straight up replacement for a more robust intraworkout meant I didn't have quite the same level of stamina and mid-workout recovery. Just an FYI for those of you out there who are like me and rely heavily on intraworkout products for this purpose.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. NutraBio, which is known for being a pricier brand, comes in with a surprising affordable .50c per scoop / $30 for 60 servings for a tub of BCAA 5000. Of course, this is due to the simplicity of the product and the fact it does not include common intraworkout boosters, but I feel this is a solid and fair price point for what you're getting.

And yes, I bounced up the serving to two scoops / $1.00 daily, but there's still value to be had at dosing only one scoop / 5g daily considering the minimum effective BCAA dose for most average sized humans has been proven through research to be right around 5 grams.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that provides a solid serving of BCAAs, nothing more. For anyone needing additional BCAA supplementation, whether as a stand-alone intraworkout or as support for a broader stack - this is a great option. NutraBio has another winner of their hands here and it's a BCAA product I'll absolutely be purchasing in the future.
        • Strawberry Kiwi: 6/10

February 25, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Simple Product
        • Initial Mixing Issues

Whats up SR, wanted to drop my review of the BCAA 5000 from Nutrabio. I am currently running hypertrophy style workouts while incorporating some metabolic conditioning during the week as well as my usual routine of boxing and muay thai. Now as you can see with a schedule like that I need all of the help in terms of recovery that I can get, cue BCAA 5000. I want to give a quick shoutout to the Trooper program as well as Nutrabio for sending this my way.

This may be the easiest profile breakdown I have ever done. Nutrabio is always transparent with their labelling so we get full disclosure of the ingredients, big positive marks for that. The profile goes as follows:

L- Leucine - 2.5g (naturally fermented/ vegan)
        L-Isoleucine - 1.25g (naturally fermented/ vegan)
        L- Valine - 1.25g (naturally fermented/ vegan)

Okay so right away we notice the higher quality sourcing of the BCAA's as well as the use of the standard 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA's. Perfect, this formula is super simple in the best way possible, just the stuff you need with no garbage fillers or pixie dusting of the key branch chains. Most of us already know but just for the new people, BCAA's are used to aid in muscle recovery, improves protein synthesis, reduces fatigue and can help aid in muscle growth.

I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, and I was a fan, not the greatest strawberry kiwi I have ever had, but very solid nonetheless. At a single scoop serving the flavor is pretty mild, at a 2 scoop serving its much better and has a very prominent strawberry taste. Mixability was perfect, I did use a blender ball shaker so I cant exactly say what it would be like stirred with a spoon, one thing to note is that this does froth up and have a foam immediately after shaking. Do not be alarmed, this is a sign of high quality BCAA's and it goes away once left for a minute or two. The dosing that I ran was 2 scoops (providing 10g of BCAA's), I took this either intraworkout or post workout.

Alright, now for the important stuff, does it actually work, the easy answer is yes. Anytime you have a product this well dosed in branch chains you will find some aid in recovery. For me personally with how hectic and active my schedule is this helped me quite a bit just in terms of allowing my muscles to survive the rigorous training and abuse I put them through. I did have DOM's I wont lie, but the DOM's I did have were noticeably decreased versus not taking this product. That was the main area of benefit for me, my muscles recovered well and I was able to hit certain body parts (arms, shoulders) twice a week with no issue. In terms of fatigue I saw no issues here either, I was able to push out workout after workout with relative ease (thanks to the help of some stimulants as well lol). In terms of actual muscle growth, I did experience some gains during my month run of this, but I cant in all honesty give the credit to the BCAA 5000, as my diet and training were on point.

This will run you around $29.99 for a 60 serving tub, giving it a value of 0.50 cents per serving if you are only taking a single scoop. Now if you are dosing the way I did, it runs you $1.00 per serving, which is a price I have zero issue paying for a high quality BCAA that is as well dosed as this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall if you are looking for a recovery aid thats not going to make your wallet cry I would really recommend you give BCAA 5000 a try. While it may not be perfect for intraworkout (lacks electrolytes and other bits and pieces), Nutrabio already makes Intrablast for that. This is a perfectly dosed high quality branch chain product that will help you recover from a tough workout regardless of your style of training.
        • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10

February 19, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Simple Product
        • Maintains Muscle Mass
        • Initial Mixing Issues

Big thanks to NutraBio for letting me try out BCAA 5000 and bigger shoutout for actually hooking me up with the grape flavor. The market is saturated with Amino products and they are getting more and more insane with their ingredient profiles and the added ingredients. So in an over saturated world, NutraBio puts out a simple bare bone products to contend, so lets see if it really does stand up to the rest.

In standard NutraBio tradition you have a fully transparent label with simple ingredients.

L-Leucine (naturally fermented) 2.5g
        L-Isoleucine (naturally fermented) 1.25g
        L-Valine (naturally fermented) 1.25g

other ingredients include 50mg of beet root powder for color and a breakdown of what they use for flavoring.

Still very simple profile for a product that is supposed to compete and outsell a saturated market.

So I had the grape flavor and it was everything I could have imagined. It was like drinking a very clean tasting grape juice which I found fantastic. It was also a strong enough flavor to mask the bitterness of NutraBio's pure Agamatine. Keep in mind, all of this was done with just one scoop (6.67g) with anywhere from 12-32oz of water. Honestly you cannot beat that, especially with how clean the taste was, compared to some others that leave you feeling like you drank a sugar packet.

Mixability is a bit tricky. So regardless of how much water you mix this with, it will not mix at first glance. There are usually chunks of powder sitting on top of the water, or stuck to the side of your cup. This can create a frustrating or disappointed feeling to the user. HOWEVER....if you mix it up in water, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes everything will be fully dissolved and it will be practically see through as if it was just colored water.

Dosing was 1 scoop to drink during my workout and another serving at night to go with the Agmatine for sleep purposes.

Amino products are one of those quiet workers who comes in, does the job and doesn't make a fuss. the only way you really know that one of these products does not work at all, is if you have crippling pain from the workout. Not only did this product taste great, it was effective as well. It was simple to the point Amino Acids that delivered time and time again to fight muscle soreness, and reduce fatigue. I never once had a bad recovery with this, so with that being said I would say for a product that is 5g of Amino's it did fantastic.

Just about every where you search for this product you will find sites selling the 60 serving tub for $30 which comes out to .50 a serving which is a pretty great deal. Yeah, you are not getting amazingly flashy ingredients, but at the same time that is not what this is. This is pure, un-perverted amino acids that are there to deliver the basic needs for muscle preservation. Additionally you will get the NutraBio guarantee that the product is clean of any foreign or banned substance.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

This product is simple and clean. It was a nice refreshing flavor and really delivers a strong product in a market full of gimmicks. If you are looking into getting into using Amino's as part of your routine, this should be your first stop. Scivation use to be the king of Amino's and they were who I thought was the best suited for beginners, but that throne has been snatched up by NutraBio and BCAA 5000. Pick up a tub and you wont be disappointed.
        • Grape: 9/10