Ranks #3 (better than 99%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

BCAA 5000 is a BCAA manufactured by NutraBio. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

August 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Light Taste
Big thanks and shout out to the peeps at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs, as well as some other gifts including a shaker and a pen. BCAAs are one of the basic or "staple" supplements that almost every bodybuilding or fitness enthusiast should be using. Yeah, there's nothing flashy or cool about them, but the multitude of benefits they offer certainly are cool. Here's a breakdown of the BCAA product Nutrabio serves up:

Dosage

1 to 2 scoops taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

This formula is as basic as your standard white girl with Uggs and a Starbucks Latte. However some things are classic and basic because they work and stand the test of time, and BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio are an example of that mold in the supplement world. The 2:1:1 (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine) ratio is what most of the studies and research on BCAAs are based on, and the blueprint on which to follow with any BCAA formula. You get that formula, slightly modified in 2.5 grams Leucine, and 1.25 Isoleucine and Valine with this product. That gives you 5 grams of BCAAs per serving which is also the bar as far as a minimum amount of BCAAs you want to take in per serving. Nutrobio's prowess for full disclosure also ensures that you know exactly what you're putting into your body right down to the amount of flavoring used in each scoop. So while this formula is "boring", and "simple", it's effective and has a longstanding history of research and anecdotal evidence behind it.

Mixture (10/10)

It doesn't get much easier than mixing this product; 1 scoop, 16 to 20 ounces of water, shake a few times, booya. No unmixed powder and light to moderate foaming, if only everything mixed this easily.

Taste (6/10)

I received the Tropical Punch flavor for this product. The best way I could describe it is watered down Kool-Aid. It's not great, and not terrible, but definitely bearable and that's all you really need. I am a little more stern in rating since I have had some really good tasting BCAAs that I drink even when I'm not working out because I love them so much. With this however, you get a flavor that easy and light on the tastebuds and is thoughtless to chug during your workouts.

Effectiveness (9/10)

BCAAs are more of a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. You won't get that instant gratification of a vein busting pump, or an alpha male feeling as with a test booster. BCAAs are more of a "No news is good news" kind of product, if you're taking them regularly, working out hard, and you don't feel overly sorethen they've done their job. That's exactly what you get with this product, and for those extra long or grueling workouts a double scoop serving is perfect to help heal and recover those devastated muscle fibers. My soreness was always at bay while using this, and that's all you could ask for in a BCAA product.

Value (8/10)

Nutrabio's products typically tend to be on the higher end of price since they are on the higher end of quality. This product however finds itself nicely in the realm of reasonable price and value. You can snag this at illpumpyouup for $26.99 for a 64 serving tub, or roughly 42 cents per serving. While still slightly high in the BCAA product spectrum, the full disclosure of Nutrabio ensures you're getting minimal filler and maximum effective product. So I give it a little bump in value since you are getting a quality product at a fair price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's BCAA product is as simple and effective as it gets. A formula that gives you exactly what you need, an easy to mix and drink product, and effective results. This seemingly simple product packs a powerful punch and proves it's worth and value. I highly recommend, give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Tropical Fruit Punch: 6/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $29.99
Ill Pump You Up   $29.99

9.5
  July 15, 2017

• No Prop Blends

*Inspiration for the title of this review was brought to you by Powerman5000 & Sum 41*

BCAA5000 is a simple, multi-use BCAA supplement that will leave you satisfied and not as sore as you would think. I used this in many aspects of life. I did go on a vacation out of the country and DID NOT bring this or any other supplement along with me.

Side Effects

1 scoop delivers a nice 5g dose of Vegan BCAAs and 1.44g of other ingredients. Fully disclosed label as NutraBio does with all its products.

NutraBio gives us a 2:1:1 ratio, this is a common and trusted ratio of L-Leucine (2.5g), L-Isoleucine (1.25g) and L-Valine (1.25g).

Taste & Mixability
    I requested and received Tropical Fruit Punch gets a thumbs up from me. In a 20oz shaker it is pretty flavorful (strong to some), mixed in a 32oz or more at 1 scoop it gets lighter for those who don't like the stronger flavors.

Mixability is very similar to most of your BCAA, I recommend shaking them well and letting it sit for a few minutes to avoid the very little grit it leaves. I personally don't mind it in BCAA5000, knock it back or sip it with some ice and you have a super tasty and refreshing drink!

Effectiveness & Dosing
    BCAA are so versatile and help with recovery and making sure your muscles are fed. I used BCAA5000 in many ways I would drink them in the morning 1 scoop on my way to work in the morning on days where I could not get breakfast in. These are also awesome as an intra workout. BCAA5000 are great as an intra workout as they help reduce fatigue while improving your physical performance. My normal does for intra would be anywhere between 1 and 2 scoops depending on how much water the bottle I had that particular day held. Taking them intra workout is like the cloudiness goes away while you are sip them in between sets.
    I also used these to hold me over when I would be schedule to take the late lunch 1:30pm or later. BCAA5000 was very welcome at this point because hunger starts to set in and this is where I become vulnerable to picking up some candy that we have laying around at work. The tastiness makes them a treat, without the empty calories.

BCAA5000 has excellent value you get 63 serving tub for under 30 dollars. What more can you ask for in a basic BCAA product.

Conclusion
    BCAA5000 gives you what you want in a product with as much versatility as BCAA's. You can take them anytime and they will benefit you and your muscles. Adding to that these come from a company that we all know and trust.

Thank you NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to review this BCAA5000 and SR for making the connection possible.
    • Tropical Fruit Punch: 8/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $29.99
    Ill Pump You Up   $29.99

June 27, 2017

• Chalky Taste
    Hey SR. It's me again, reviewing another product from a company that I have not been disappointed by. Huge thank you to Nutrabio for being part of the Trooper program and hooking us up with quality products. Again, my apologizes for not reviewing the product in a timely manner.

A simple profile here. 2:1:1 ratio of 5g of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. As with all Nutrabio products, this comes with a fully disclosed label. Another great thing about this product is that it is 100% vegan.

Taste (5/10): I did not request a flavor. All that I asked for was the most popular flavor but please don't send me unflavored or grape. Hard to believe but I received the Tropical fruit punch flavor. Tasted like basic fruit punch to me. Not a knock against Nutrabio's fruit punch, but fruit punch is my least favorite flavor and still is. Just because I rated the flavor low, this does not affect my rating on the product.

Mixability: I had some problems. Kinda had a chalky taste. Just had to reshake before drinking.

Dosing: 1-2 scoops. Used a funnel to mix it in a 34 oz smart water bottle. Sipped on it throughout the whole day or during my workout. Other times I used a blender bottle and added ice to cold water. Too bad the flavor wasn't any better. It would've been better.

On a side note, the scooper included is awesome. Nice, long handle which allows me to scoop at ease.

Throughout the run of this product, I also ran Nutrabio's Recovery Matrix. Both combined greatly reduced DOMS. I noticed that on days I did not take Recovery Matrix, the BCAA product helped with my recovery. Recovery wasn't as great when I combined both products, but it enabled me to get back into the gym the next day without feeling much soreness. I found that along with recovery, I felt well hydrated. Granted I also drank about a gallon plus of water each day.

Energy: Now there is no added ingredients for energy. I did not feel a pick up of energy, but with good recovery and a good night's rest I was able to get push myself mentally and push more weight.

63 servings for $27. Whether you dose it at one or two scoops, it is a great deal for a quality product. And if you Amazon prime, you can benefit from free two day shipping. Well at least where I live, all I can get is two day shipping free.

Side Effects

No side effects at all.

Conclusion

A great product that comes with quality ingredients and at a reasonable price. I wish I had gotten another flavor as I would have enjoyed it even more. Nutrabio has been putting out quality products with quality ingredients and has become one of my favorite supplement companies. I look forward to trying more of Nutrabio's products in the future.

Thank you again Nutrabio!
    • Tropical Fruit Punch: 5/10

June 19, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Light Taste
    NutraBio has come into the supplement industry with a much welcome business model. They are transparent and not trying to fill the container with unproven ingredients. Thank you for sending me a tub of 5000 to give a shot!

Taste 8.5/10

I received the grape flavor. I'm getting tired of the same flavors all the time and grape seems to be making a comeback so I went with that. The grape is a little weak but it's not a bad flavor at all. I didn't notice a chalky taste but I mix a couple of heaping scoops in a gallon of water too. No issues here although I would like a little more flavor. For reference: I did take my first serving in just a shaker cup so it wouldn't be so diluted. I could tell the flavor was stronger but still not overpowering.

It mixes about like any amino. It's a little grainy if you start to drink it immediately after shaking it. You just need to let it sit there and shake it a few more times. That's a common issue with BCAA but this seems to be a finer type powder that does mix quicker.

Profile 9/10

What can you say here? It's not targeted for endurance or energy. It's good plain BCAAs. With 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine, you get the 2:1:1 ratio that is popular and basic. If you're taking BCAAs regularly, then you know the benefits to them and how they react with your body. Some people like the higher ratio but I feel that this one fits the bulk of people and their needs.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take my 2 servings a day for the most part. I have a gallon growler that I take with me everywhere. I fill it up twice a day while at work and used this once at work and then again when I filled it up at the gym.

I wasn't expecting anything other than extra BCAAs in my diet with this since that's all it has listed. I am a firm believer that BCAAs while you train will give you endurance without added carbs/energy. This was on par with that feeling for me. I could stay active in the gym just like I can on any other BCAA.

From a DOMs standpoint, I experienced very little DOMs while using this. That is normal for me when I'm drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day with at least 2 servings of BCAA.

Value 8.5/10

For around $27 you can get 63 servings. That's a pretty good deal. They suggest you take 2 servings a day. Is that really necessary? No. I have done that for a long time to keep this old body of mine in a repair state however. You can go with just one scoop a day to get a shade over 2 months which is a great deal really.

Overall 8.5/10

Here is a product that contains exactly what you expect and performs exactly as it should. There are no mystery ingredients that you must research so see why they would put it in here. I suggest that if you plan on trying this, understand the difference between what to expect from straight BCAAs and intras with added carbs/energy.

One other note of interest to me. The scooper was awesome. The tub has a smaller diameter than most tubs but it is also taller than most. The scooper has a welcome long handle for reaching down in the bottom and not having to stick your whole hand down in it. I'm keeping the scooper for future use.
    • Grape: 8/10

June 11, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • Chalky Taste
    • Light Taste
    When Nutra-Bio creates a product, they don't create it half-assed or stuff it full of garbage fillers. That's something I've come to embrace with each and every product I've reviewed from them. This is no different. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for being so generous to us Troopers, and (again) many apologies on my behalf for taking so damn long to finish this review!

PROFILE-9.5
    Simplicity at its finest. There's 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine. And some flavoring. That's it! Each can comes with 63 scoops (very odd), and it took me a while to finish this one.

Like all amino products, it mixed quiet horrifically! I found if I dropped the scoops into water, let it sit for a while, THEN shook it up it would eventually dissolve and mix up. Once it was mixed, it never "unmixed" or settled. I got the Fruit Punch flavor, and it was an interesting flavor. Not too sweet, not much Actual flavor, and had notes of watermelon and bland strawberries. Well, that was my take on it. My 16 year old niece claimed it tasted like an "old strawberry iced tea"! It wasn't a bad thing to drink; it just wasn't all that exciting to me.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
    BCAA's are always on the difficult side to rate, as there's no "seat of the pants" instant results like a preworkout, or "crazy mad gainz" like some anabolic products. I usually dosed this in a shaker cup and sipped on it during my workouts. When the weather got warmer, I got a Half-Gallon jug and drop a couple of scoops in it for a workout. It sure beats plain old water! Workout endurance was enhanced while drinking this, although not quiet on the level of their "Intra-Blast". But that's another different animal. Lately, I've been following the Body Spartan workouts (think high reps & sets, AND supersets on top!) some rough workouts indeed! Muscle soreness and DOMS were reduced from downright crippling, to just some minor dull soreness! Sometimes when I felt like just drinking water at the gym, I'd scoop this into my preworkout, shake the CRAP out of it, and chug it down. Point is, just get those BCAA's into the body somehow.

SIDE EFFECTS-9.5
    Other than the odd flavor (not really a side effect) there was nothing wrong I experienced while taking this.

VALUE-8.7
    This ranges from between $25-28 dollars a container. For 63 scoops per container, that's not bad at all. And I dosed this double, and at time multiple times a day. And it STILL took me much longer to finish the tub then I expected! So in the total scheme of things, it's a real good deal compared to other amino products.

OVERALL-8.5
    At the price per-scoop of this product, there really isn't a reason to NOT buy if you're in the market for some quality BCAA's. Even with my reservations towards the flavoring, I still recommend this product! It covers the bases, and does it on the cheap and simple. Shop around and try to find the same value and quality on other brands, and this product just makes sense. Except for the 63 servings though! Seriously Nutra-Bio; another scoop in there to make it an even number wouldn't kill anyone!

June 5, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Product
    • No Dyes

Hey SR, here today to do a write up on Nutrabio BCAA 5000. I want to give props to Nutrabio, as they are always very willing to put their products out there for review and that tells me they are proud of their products. I feel us at SR can be very picky, and for the most part, they have gotten stellar reviews and BCAA 5000, although just a staple product, won't be any different.

As always, an extremely transparent label from Nutrabio, and this is a very simple BCAA recovery product. There's a lot of premium intra/bcaa products out right now, with added endurance, energy, pump ingredients etc, including my favorite supplement of alltime Intrablast also by Nutrabio, but this is just 5 g of bcaa of is the preferred 2:1:1 ratio of 2.5/1.25/1.25. Although I do love these premium products, sometimes simplicity is better (and more affordable). 5 g is a little lighter than some of the premium bcaa products, but 5 g is a goos standard dose. Where Nutrabio tries to separate itself here is with their form of BCAAs. In their literature, it mentions that a lot of bcaa products derive their form on aminos acids from duck feathers and sometimes human hair. Nutrabio uses the instantized vegetable form of amino acids with zero fillers or additives except flavoring and made in a USDA GMP facility. So they best form of BCAAs with zero crap added made in a clean place. Sounds good to me, a great profile for what it is.

The BCAAs had a sawdust like texture to it, but it was instantized and dissolved very well. I added to a preworkout every once in a while and it always mixed well with that as well. Dosing suggested is 2x a day, but I only did this on really big days like legs, chest, etc. When dosed 2x, I would take in the morning and intraworkout. On regular days I would just take intra, non workout days I would in the morning. Really these are just BCAAs so they are very versatile and you can fit them in wherever. I had the Fruit Punch flavor, and although I am pretty tired of this flavor it was good. They do have a lot of other flavor options as well.

Most will use a BCAA product to enhance recovery, reduce DOMS, and improve endurance. I can say that this product did a great job at all three. My recovery when using no BCAAs is about 3-4 days with DOMS. The best recovery product I have ever taken Intrablast cut it to just a day, barely got sore at all. When using this my recovery lasted in the 2-3 day range depending on the workout and intensity. So it cut off a day or two in DOMS which is nice as you can get back to a certain muscle group a little quicker. I do also experience better endurance while taking a good BCAA product and was able to complete more sets throughout my workout and do the cardio at the end without the fatigue setting in. I also wanted to compare this to a more "premium" product and compared it to Gnarly BCAAs that had some added extras, and I found it to do just as well in terms of recovery which is important especially when comparing value. I also found this to be effective in terms of being anti-catabolic, as I am cutting and in a caloric deficit so it was a great way to get those extras bcaas in to preserve muscle. Overall, this did exactly what it said it would do in terms of recovery and endurance and compared very well to its counterparts even more "premium" products.

You can find this for $27 and you get 64 servings. At twice a day everyday, that's still over a month. Unless you're REALLY hurting, I think you can get by with just one scoop especially on non-workout days as long as your regular food and protein intake is high which really takes the value up and it'll last you well over a month. Most of the premium products with all the extras will cost you $30-$40 just 30 servings so although you're getting just BCAAs with this, the recovery will be comparable and I think it's a great buy.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for just BCAAs to help with recovery, this should be your first option. Premium source, transparency, at a great value.

6.7
        June 3, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Product
      • Reduces Muscle Soreness
      • No Dyes

I work out 4 on, 1 off, standard bodybuilding exercises, 4x10 for each. Diet is pretty good. Supplements used are protein powders, PWOs, creatine HCl, BCAAs, plus a couple other things I will be writing a log about coming up to my 60th birthday at the end of this month.

Disclaimer: I am a Nutrabio fan. I like their approach to the supplement business, their products and their policy of full disclosure which goes a step further than any other company.

As always, thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS.

No messing around, just a straight 5g of BCAA at 2:1:1. No other components. The passion fruit version I had, did have artificial flavoring in which is a surprise since I didn't think Nutrabio used artificial flavorings. No dyes, which is always great. I try to avoid products with dyes because its just unnecessary. For me to get past the dyes, a product has to be otherwise extremely good and also a very good price (e.g. Ronnnie's Yeah Buddy)

I like the fact that this is a pure BCAA product. I have pump components in my PWO and take creatine with that too. I don't want them in a BCAA product. I find that more than 1.5g of agmatine produces too much lactic acid buildup causing painful pumps, so certainly don't want a BCAA with agmatine in it when it was already in my PWO, and I take my BCAAs intra workout.

Passion fruit flavor was excellent. Went into solution very fast even in iced water. As always with BCAAs, I took one scoop in my intra drink (along with 30g dextrose), and another scoop in a post workout drink.

Very difficult to measure the effectiveness of a BCAA. I take BCAAs mostly to relieve DOMS but very hard to say if BCAA-5000 is better than on the product in that respect. All you can really do is assess the likelihood that the manufacturer puts in there what they say they do and that each of the BCAA components is pretty pure (BCAA ratios tested on labdoor.com can vary a lot from the label). Nutrabio is one of the most trusted brands on SR and so I have a high degree of confidence in the veracity of their labels.

Cheapest I could find it was on Amazon at $26.99 but this is with free shipping which is always a bonus. So with 64 scoops thats $0.42/scoop. Pricewise this compares well with all other "straight" BCAA products (many others now on the market have pump or other components added), except for Myprotein who are always very tough to beat on price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Great product profile (though very simple in this case), no dyes, tastes good, no prop blends and Nutrabio's proven quality. All at a very competitive price.
        • Passion Fruit: 8/10

May 24, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Simple Product
        • Maintains Muscle Mass

Hello everyone. As the title says, this product was consumed twice a day. I like to take it in the morning first thing after waking up and during my workouts. I am currently bulking and strength training so you have a reference of when this was consumed.

Researched Based Profile of (2:1:1) (leucine:isoleucine:valine)

Leucine: an essential BCCA(branched chain amino acid:build blocks of protein) which helps reduce soreness and promote recovery at research dose of 2.5g

Isoleucine: helps increase the consumption of glucose during workouts which is then perceived as energy

Valine: promotes muscular endurance and helps combat fatigue

Taste: I had the fruit punch flavor. despite it being additive/artificial flavors free, this product had a strange sweet after taste that took away from the flavor. (7/10)

Mixability: This product mixes extremely well, no issues what so ever.

Dosing: 1 scoop per serving.

Recovery: One of my favorite reasons to purchase Amino Acids is because of its recovery benefits. When it comes to recovery, this amino acid product does it job in helping reduce the time it takes your body to recover. It is difficult to quantify exactly how much, however from my experience I would say that it would cut my recovery time by 33%(certain days it is felt more than others).

Energy: When I took this supplement in the morning I did not feel a rush of energy, however only when it was taken during my workouts did I feel like it allowed me to perform more. I would hit a set, rest, and shortly after be able to return to my set. This product does not feel like a PWO kind of energy, instead it is feel as a clean and uplifting energy that gets you back in the game.

This product has over 63 servings for about $28. Which is a phenomenal deal. Whether you take this product once or twice a day it will go a long ways given its vast quantity.

Side Effects

No observed side effects.

Conclusion

If you're one that tends to get overwhelmed with other products that contain various confusing and questionable ingredients, BCAA 5000 by Nutrabio will bring peace to your mind. It is an effective product for recovery, and in some instances you will experience a nice energy boost. At 28 for 63+ servings, this product will give your body and wallet its worth.
          • Tropical Fruit Punch: 7/10

Overall
          Overall
          8.9
            May 24, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Simple Product
          • Right Ratio Of Aminos

BCAA products are something that I think we all love. Every supplement company out there usually comes out with one with all kinds of different ratios and claims. NutraBio is a company I have come to trust after reviewing several of their products so I was excited to try out BCAA 5000. Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out and thanks to the TROOP program as it continues to get better and better.

Very, very, very basic profile here which I like. NutraBio decided that research has proven the 2:1:1 BCAA ratio to be the most effective. The information they provide on their website is very informative and I highly recommend that you take a look at it. The 2:1:1 ratio in BCAA 5000 means 2.5g of L-Leucine, 1.25g of L-Isoleucine and 1.25g of L-Valine. BCAAs are not made naturally in the body, but rather come from food sources and supplements. Leucine is important because it has been shown to be the amino acid that increases protein synthesis, so it makes sense that it's the higher dosed one in this product. The amount of "certifications" if you will that this product has is pretty crazy. OU Kosher, Vegetarian, Hypoallergenic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Filler Free, Excipient Free, BSE/TSE Free, GMP and Full Label Disclosure. Pretty impressive if you ask me. You can also go on their website and enter the batch number of your product and see its third party lab test results.

I received the Passion Fruit flavor. It was extremely refreshing. NutraBio has really nailed it with flavoring in their products and this one was no different. Imagine yourself in the middle of a grueling workout and you are craving something to drink. You imagine something other than water because you want some flavor. I'd be willing to bet that what you are imagining right now is how this product tasted. Perfect level of sweetness while retaining that refreshing type of taste. I can't describe the flavoring any more than its own name, Passion Fruit.

Mixability was a little bit of an issue to how fine this powder is, but that happens with most BCAA products. If you put it on top of the water and gave it a few shakes, you would be left with a lot of residue at the top. I found that shaking it vigorously and then letting it sit for a minute yielded the best results. Once I did that, everything mixed in with no leftover residue. I dosed this one scoop at a time usually twice a day.

I dosed this a lot in the morning and it was great. I felt like I was feeding my muscles first thing in the morning, as sometimes I skip breakfast when I work early. Using it as an intra beverage was also awesome. There was a definite reduction in DOMS, and I could feel the added hydration during my workouts. It is a little hard to guage effectiveness beyond that with a BCAA product. I enjoyed drinking and tasting it, and it aided me in recovery and helped me feel good in the morning. That is why I gave it the 8.8 effectiveness rating.

The best value I could find was on Amazon for 26.99 with free Prime shipping if you are a member. This gets you 63 scoops! Hell yeah. thats a great value in my opinion. 63 shakers full of an awesome BCAA mixture at that price is right up my alley.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

As usual, this is another winner from NutraBio. This will be my go-to BCAA for the time to come. Price is on point, taste is on point and its from a company I know I can trust. I would highly suggest once again that you go to the NutraBio website and take a look at their content. It is amazing how much time they have obviously put into producing quality products and standing behind them with actual real evidence and proof. Thanks again to them for sending this one out!
            • Passion Fruit: 9/10

May 22, 2017

Huge shout out to NutraBio for once again supplying SR with quality products and making several items form their line available to us! This is my 4th NB review and this company has grown on me. They aren't up an coming anymore, they're the real deal!

Ingredients are very basic here, as they should be. NB uses the 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine coming in at 5g per serving. This product is 100% vegan, which seems to be a growing trend lately. I was unaware that most BCAAs are formed from "duck feathers or in rare super occasions, human hair", according to NutraBio. BCAA 5000 is vegetable based and naturally fermented.

Taste: I asked for and received the grape flavor. I feel a lot of people hate grape because it reminds them of medicine from when they were a child, but I wanted to change it up and expand my variety of flavors. Grape was a very flavor packed powder. Not overpowering by any means, but also not like drinking a watered down product. Crisp grape taste which my taste buds enjoyed.

Mixability: This may be the only issue this product has, but it's common with BCAAs. Upon adding a scoop to water and shaking it in my blender bottle, there was still a lot of powder residing atop of the shaker and did not dissovle during the initial shakes. After letting it sit for a few minutes (2-3) and re-shaking it, everything dissolved and no settlement was found at the bottom. Once in a blue moon some powder stuck to the bottom of the shaker cap and caked up there. It came off when the shaker was washed.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1-2 servings per day. One serving dumped into my daily water jug of 3L and one taken post workout on lifting days. When dumped into 3 liters of water (which I know is way over the recommended suggested amount of water), I sipped on it throughout the day. When dosed post workout, I used the recommended 16oz of water.

With any BCAA product, effectiveness can be hard to judge. Based off of the ingredients and times of dosage, you are providing your body with exactly what it needs. While taking this I was also on NBs Reload Recovery Matrix (review coming shortly), so it was a rare occasion if I was truly sore while on these two products, no matter how hard my workout was. BCAA 5000 aided in my recovery along with maintaining my hydration levels. So, it's hard to say which aided more in recovery, but both definitely played their part. According to research, the 2:1:1 ratio supplied by NB allows for the best breakdown and absorption.

Price on this is generally the same wherever you buy it, coming in at $27-$29 (shipping not included). The best price I found was on Amazon for $26.99 BUT, if you are an Amazon Prime member, than you can get next day shipping, for FREE! Plus, you're getting 64 servings for $27, which comes out to $0.42 per serving. Not only is this a steal in my opinion, but NutraBio is a reputable company that provides us with a fully disclosed label. Even though this is just a basic BCAA product and not something over the top like a loaded up PWO, I still prefer this to other BCAA products.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

Thank you again to NutraBio for the BCAA 5000! With a quality 2:1:1 ratio, fully disclosed label, crisp taste and aiding in recovery, BCAA 5000 does the job, especially when paired with the Reload Recovery Matrix. I was a big fan of Sustainall BCAA but won't dish out the extra cash for it. This BCAA is something that will most likely be my #1 go to now, especially at 64 servings for $27 and free shipping.
            • Grape: 9/10