Agmatine Sulfate Powder Reviews

By: NutraBio

Pre-Workout > Pump
Agmatine Sulfate Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

April 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vasodiolation
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • No Additives
  • Da Scoopa
  • Possible Squirts

Thanks to Nutrabio for sending a tub of their pure Agmatine out for review. I still have a little left but after consuming about 80 servings I think that I am qualified to write a review now. Most people on this site are familiar with Nutrabio as they have been an active participant in the Troop program for a long time now. If you want more information on what Agmatine is and the mechanisms through which it works, there are a lot of great sites that are full of information.

About as simple as it gets here boys and girls. 1 gram of Agmatine per scoop and 90 servings in the container.

As my review title indicated I couldn't cover up the taste no matter what I mixed it with. It has a very bitter taste that most people aren't going to enjoy. And by most people I mean everyone. I mixed it the first time with just 4 ounces of water and regretted it for about the next 10 minutes. Not only is the taste on its own bad, it sticks around for a long time. Even mixing it with fruit juice didn't fully cover the taste. It's a bit perplexing as to how flavored supplements that contain agmatine don't have that horrible bitter taste.

In terms of mixability it seems to be easily soluble in just about any liquid so no issues there.

Dosing is pretty simple since agmatine is a pump enhancer/vasodilator. Take anywhere from .5g-2g about thirty minutes before you work out.

So I ran this product through a few situations. The obvious is that before lifting weights you tend to get a better pump when taking agmatine but I also tried it in a few less common situations where one would take a vasodilator. As a stand alone pump product for lifting it works well. I'm not super lean so I can't really speak in terms of the vascularity but I definitely got a more pronounced fullness in my muscles than using nothing at all. Especially doing arm isolation movements.

One interesting aspect is that I seemed to do better with my breathing during yoga/stretching. I guess it would stand to reason that a supplement that aides in blood transport would have this effect. Maybe I was riding on a placebo effect but I seemed to stay more in tempo with the breath/movement patterns of my yoga routines.

For goofs I tried it a few times prior to sex but didn't really notice any sort of enhancing effect. No additional compliments from the wife anyway.

Lowest price I found was $33 for a tub. Given that 1 gram will do just fine for most people that gives you about $.37 per serving. If you're taking a break from stimulants and you could get a nice workout out of a gram of agmatine and a few grams of beta alanine. Standard fare for a complete pre workout supplement is going to be anywhere from $1-$2 per serving so it is certainly a more cost effective option. Although some might argue that there is more value in a properly dosed PWO that includes several beneficial compounds.

Additional bonus points for actually including a scoop. You would be surprised at how many single ingredient supplements just leave you to figure it out for yourself.

Side Effects

So I would recommend starting slowly if you are new to agmatine since one of the side effects can be diarrhea. The one time I decided to up the dose to the high end of the effective studied range at 2g I almost poo myself. That and the horrible taste where the only sides I can speak of with this product.

Conclusion

Obviously it isn't hard to package a single ingredient but I'm glad there are people that do. And Nutrabio has a well deserved reputation for making quality supplements so I don't mind that they aren't the cheapest out there. Overall if you are looking for a cheap pump enhancer, pure agmatine has worked about as well as any other strictly pump supplement I've taken. $.37 per workout is cheap and worth a try.

February 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • High Qualtiy

I'm a competing powerlifter and I take supplements for general health and to improve my athletic performance. My supplement staples are pwo, creatine, fish oil, cissus, and curcumin.

Here, we have a single ingredient product from Nutra Bio, agmatine. Agmatine is a metabolite of L-arginine and is often used as a pump enhancer or a glucose disposal agent. It can also alleviate neuropathic pain and may be helpful for cognitive health and treating drug addiction.

It should not be taken with protein as protein can interfere with its absorption. It also should not be taken with yohimbine/rauwolscine.

Each scoop gives us 1g of agmatine, which is a pretty good serving size. It is usually dosed at .5-2g.

This product is unflavored, which makes it easy to add to flavored supplements. Unfortunately, agmatine tastes terrible. It has a strong, bitter taste which sometimes cuts through the flavored products I add to it.

It dissolved fine in a shaker cup.

I used 1 scoop at a time. On workout days, I would add it to my pre workout. On my off days, I would take it before a high carb meal.

I've always responded well to agmatine, so my expectations were pretty high.

With this product, I experienced better pumps and improved vascularity during my workouts. In particular, I noticed increased fullness in my shoulders on pressing days, and I was able to see my shoulder veins, which is new to me. I'm not very lean, so I don't expect much in terms of vascularity. Given the results I received, I would expect agmatine to work even better for leaner lifters.

Unfortunately, I did not find agmatine to be an effective GDA. I didn't notice any benefit to taking before high carb meals (e.g. reduced bloating, reduced blood sugar), and I would not recommend using it as a stand alone GDA. It may be beneficial, however, used alongside a comprehensive GDA product (or alongside other bulk ingredients).

1 tub is $33 and has 90g, which gives us $.37/serving. I think this price is pretty reasonable. Other agmatine powder products ranged from $.32/serving to $.53/serving, so there are cheaper options, but Nutra Bio is cheaper than many.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I like agmatine and I would recommend it to anyone who wants improved pumps and vascularity. I would, though, suggest you have a strong tasting product to mix it into (or put it into gel caps). The taste is blech!

9.2
  February 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gh Release
  • High Qualtiy
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • No Additives
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • VEINS
  • Value Depends On Amount Of Servings Used

First off I want to thank Nutrabio for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been another product from then that I have been hoping and waiting would show up on the trooper list. After using many of their products so far and most everything being pretty good I figured this would another good product from them. I have never really been that much into using single ingredient products like this beta alanine, and citrulline type products until recently. Being able to add products like this so you can get a little more out of it I have found to be rather helpful. For someone like me who has a hard time noticing pumps this product really helped me a lot with that.

This is made up of one ingredient only 1g pure agmatine sulfate. For other ingredients there are absolutely none it says on label which I like no extra fillers.

I found on their website some good info I wanted to share they have about what agmatine is and does and the benefits of using it. I think they do a really good job of explaining way more in depth just what is agamatine and what all it does.

Benefits of agmatine
Increase Muscular Pumps
Enhances Nitric Oxide (NO) Production
Improves Nutrient Delivery to Muscle Cells
Improves Muscle Cell Insulin Sensitivity
Boosts Endurance and Decreases Recovery Time
HPLC Tested by an Independent Lab

Agmatine, the next generation "Super Arginine" for ultimate Muscle Pumps:

Agmatine is the next generation arginine and is often referred to as "Super Arginine" because of its ability to give explosive increases in Nitric Oxide synthesis. Increased nitric oxide results in vasodilation, which increases blood flow, nutrient delivery to skeletal muscle, and oxygen transport. Increased blood for ultimate muscle pumps. It acts as a neurotransmitter, a precursor to the polyamines and has many other key biological functions within the body.

The Science and Research behind Agmatine:

Agmatine is a metabolic byproduct of Arginine. It is formed within the body after L-Arginine interacts with the enzyme arginine decarboxylase. Agmatine is basically Arginine with the carboxylic acid end removed. Agmatine produces the byproducts guanidino-butyladehyde and the polyamines putruscene, spermine, and spermidine which are involved in cell growth. Agmatine is found in tissues throughout the body and is synthesized and stored astrocytes, glial cells in the brain and spinal cord, which provide structural and metabolic support to the nervous system. Agmatine acts as a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator with a vast array of actions in the body. Agmatine is an imidazoline receptor agonist. Imidazoline receptors have several functions: regulation of insulin secretion, pain modulation, and neuroprotection/neuromodulation. Clonidine, another imidazoline receptor agonist, has been noted to stimulate the release of luteinizing hormone (LH). Researchers conducted tests on agmatine and found that it can also modulate the release of LH from its interaction with hypothalamic tissues. The modulation of imidazoline receptors by agmatine has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity.

This is unflavored. If you mix this with straight water it will have a very bitter taste to it which is not very good. I would highly recommend you mix this with either your pre-workout or some kind of flavored drink. When I mixed this with my pre-workout I never really noticed it at all.

No issues at all with it mixing. No clumps or anything like that. Dosing is going to vary a bit. I did between 1-3 scoops depending on the day and what body part I was working that day.

The main reason I got this was to help me with more pumps and more vascularity. I am someone that has a really hard time noticing pumps unless I have a really high amount of pump ingredients I am taking and doing a lot of high volume training and taking very little time between sets to help keep that blood flow pumping more. I felt after using this product that this really works good maybe even better than I thought it would.

Like I said above I would do 1-3 scoops depending on the day and what body part I was working. I started out with 1-2 scoops at first just to test it out and see how that would work and if needed I would go up to 3 scoops. I would not do more than 3 scoops and don't recommend you doing so and I will explain why. Doing the 1-2 scoops was not to bad depending on what body part I was working that day. At 1 scoops the pumps I got were not to bad but would have liked a little more so I started doing 2 scoops instead. On certain days 2 scoops felt really good. I felt I got a good decent pump and then sometimes it was almost to much to handle but not nearly as bad as 3 scoops was. After awhile I thought I would try 3 scoops and see how that would work. When I did the 3 scoops boy did I notice it a lot more. Depending on what body part I was working that day when I did the 3 scoops I could really feel the pumps and it was to much. The pumps I would get from 3 scoops was way to much and very painful. It was so painful that when I was trying to go heavier on weight I could not do it and had to back off a bit on the heavier weight and some of the other stuff I was doing. After trying the three 3 scoops and finding out how painful that was on pumps I went back to using 2 scoops for most of the time.

The days when I had to be really careful how much I used was leg day. That is the day I seemed to really notice the pumps way more so than any other day I would workout. I made the mistake of doing 2 scoops a couple of times on leg day and should not have done that. The pumps it gave me in my legs where so painful I could hardly go very heavy as I would normally do and it made it a lot harder for me to get through my leg workout. After doing that I was either going to not use this on leg day or take no more than 1 scoop at most. I decided lets see how 1 scoop is on leg day and if that was still to much I would not use this on leg day. 1 scoop was not to bad but if I started to increase my leg workout a little more and go heavier then I would start to feel it a little more and had to be a little more careful so I did not over do it. On certain body parts I would work this gave me some pumps that felt really good and then some body parts it always seemed to hurt a little more instead of just giving me a nice decent pump.

The thing I liked about doing the higher dosage was the vascularity this would give me. That part of it I really liked a lot at a higher dosage but not so much for the pump part. At a higher dose this gave me really good vascularity to where I was seeing a lot more veins popping and showing up in places I don't usually see them. I think overall this does a really good job at helping to open up your blood vessels more and get that blood flowing better so you can feel those pumps and more vascularity a lot better. I do a lot of higher volume training and I feel that this really helped me a lot more at getting those pumps than I normally did before.

This I found to be good at helping reduce some DOMs I may have. It was nothing real outstanding but did help some and any kind of extra recovery I can get is always nice to have. I never knew agmatine helped with recovery I thought it was more for giving you pumps but I was happy when I found this out. Also I found out after I used this that it can help at night with GH levels and boost your REM sleep a little which I did not know. If I would have know that I would have used it at night to see if it would have helped any.

The cheapest I could find anywhere was $32.99 for 90 servings. If you can get by with one scoop then it's not so bad a deal. For most people they will want to use 2-3 scoops and that starts to really bring the value down a lot. Even at one scoop the price is maybe just a little high but not horrible. I know there are some better deals out there. I think because of the name and what all they go through to make this is part of the reason the price is a little higher. So even at the $32.99 value I still think it is worth it because I know your getting a solid product that does work.

Side Effects

Depending on how may scoops you use and what body part you are working the pumps you can get at times can be really painful and you may need to back off the amount of servings you take.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a really good product maybe even better than I thought it would be. For someone like me that has a really hard time noticing pumps and then giving me great pumps like it did I have to say is a very solid product to use. If your someone that is looking for either a decent pump, good pump, or painful type pumps this will really help you with that a lot. Also the vascularity this will give you is very good and very noticeable. This is a product I would highly recommend using but would like to see the price on this lowered a little because there are some better deals out there. If you are willing to spend the little extra on this at least it will be worth it because you are getting a very solid product that does work. I will say this will be a product I would be more than happy to use again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

9.2
  February 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gh Release
  • High Qualtiy
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • No Additives
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • VEINS
  • Bad Gas

Big thanks to NutraBio for letting me take a run with their Agmatine. This is the first time I have had just pure Agmatine by itself rather than in another product. It was always my go-to for good pumps, but after reading the reviews I saw that it can also aid in sleep so I was double excited to give this a try.

So......Um yeah the ingredients profile is a massive list consisting of pure Agmatine. That is all there is to it. Even at that each serving is measured out to be 1g of powder.

For those who don't know Agmatine is derived from L-arginine and is considered to be a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator. However, most companies use this ingredient to promote a pump effect within the body dilating veins and increasing blood flow.

So to be honest, this stuff by itself taste awful. It is super bitter and simply not worth drinking by itself, unless you have taken a lit match and burned your taste buds off. I would highly recommend that you mix it with something else so it is palatable, because even then some of the bitterness will come through.

Mixability is a non issue, the powder is so fine that it practically mixes itself. Still, giving it a shake in a cup will help the process.

Dosing with this can be anywhere from 1-3 servings depending on what you want to do. I initially started out with 3 a day one being in with my pre-workout, the second being with my amino's as an intra, and the third before bedtime to see if this really does help you sleep (I will discuss this more).

So things were exactly how I remembered them. Agmatine delivers strong painful pumps and that awesome swollen feeling that you really want when you are thrashing your body in the gym. I usually notice giant pumps in my shoulders and legs, and while doing the above dosing my quads would be so filled with blood it would stretch out the leg holes in my shorts after a 500m+ row. This stuff definitely delivers on the pump effect.

The second appeal that this product has, is if it has been saturated in your blood stream, it helps your veins stay open which increases your vascularity. When you have nice strong dilated veins, it gives you a better more vascular look.

The third aspect of this product, and I consider this to be a bonus perk, is the fact that consuming this before bed time, will absolutely take you down for a solid sleep. I have searched many times and even talked to my exercise physiologist about this and I cannot figure it out. Whatever the reason behind it, this will help you generated and better more refreshing sleep. Normally I take anywhere from 5-11.5mg of melatonin, however while drinking this at night I was taking anywhere from 0-5mg and sleeping better.

Value is in the eye of the beholder with this. If you are just doing a single serving of this, then 1 tub will last you 90 scoops. With that being said 1 tub is $33 leading to .36 per dose. Obviously if you take more than 1 serving then the price will double, and so forth. There are cheaper products out there, and I do believe the price difference is solely based on the name NutraBio and the research and time they put into each product to prove its quality and lack of any foreign substance. With that also comes a massive PR campaign which was packed into my box. I felt like I had the actual scientific write up of this product, but at the same time it was cool to see the lab results that came from this being tested for imperfections. Once again, value here is in the eye of the beholder. If you do not mind paying a bit extra for the guarantee's that they are going to offer then this is your path.

Side Effects

So interesting things happen to me when I was doing 3 servings which ultimately made me cut back to 2 a day. While on 3 servings for whatever reason, I would have the worst peel paint off a wall, sharp farts. Don't really know what it was happening, but I do know that once I went down to 2 servings they went away. Everything else diet and routine was the same except that. So unless you don't give a damn about the well being of others being able to breath, you might want to consider this aspect.

Conclusion

Overall, I was really happy with this. I like the fact that it is pure agamatine so I could plug and play how I sought fit. If anything I would this again just for the added benefit of it helping me sleep better. A lot of companies have gotten away from using this as a pump effect in their stuff for the more popular Citrulline, but I still think there is a place for agamatine. I would say give this a shot. If you don't feel the pump and are disappointed, then just drink it at night and enjoy the sweet dreams.
  • Unflavored: 2/10

February 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Vasodiolation
  • VEINS
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • No Additives
  • Not As Good Of A Value

I wanted to try some Agmatine, so i figured why not claim this.

Simple profile. 90 grams Agmatine Sulfate which helps with pumps and vascularity. Also it doesn't contain any additives, fillers or excipients according to Nutrabio's website.

Tastes bitter on it's own. Combining this with Green Mag, bitterness scales down a bit. Mixes good with no sediment. Dosing was one serving (1 gram) before working out.

Provided some great pumps along with increased vascularity. More and bigger veins. Pumps usually came up pretty quickly which was good. Lasted throughout my workout. Haven't noticed any strength increase or endurance improvement due to Agmatine Sulfate.

Costs 33 dollars for 90 grams. 0.36 dollars per serving. Nutrabio is a quality company but there are cheaper choices. For example, you can find Bulk Supplements Agmatine (100 grams) for 13.96 dollars.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a good product but the price needs to go down a bit.

February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gh Release
  • Vasodiolation
  • VEINS
  • High Qualtiy
  • No Additives
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • Value Depends On Amount Of Servings Used

Nutrabio's continuous support here on SR.com never fails to garner the love of us all. Per usual, a special thanks for them for once again participating in the TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experience with their agmatine sulfate product. Agmatine sulfate is a staple in many pump and pre workout based products. It is an effective supplement with several benefits, though its main benefit that we tend to be most concerned with is its ability to enhance the pump. Nutrabio has always pride themselves in delivering the highest of quality standards. So lets see how their agmatine sulfate withstands the test of WarMachine.

As you would already guess, the only primary ingredient is pure agmatine sulfate. Of course, the agmatine sulfate source is HPLC tested to the highest of quality per Nutrabio's well known standards. In addition, there are no added fillers, dyes, flavors, or any other unnecessary crud that we don't like nor need.

Each single scoop serving provides a full gram. The effective dosage for many ranges 1-2g daily. I prefer 2g myself.

I don't think I need to explain in depth what agmatine sulfate is or its benefits since it has been around for a pretty long time by now. As a brief overview, agmatine sulfate is also known as "super arginine" as it is essentially a modified form of arginine as a precursor.

It is known to have the following benefits:

Enhance nitric oxide synthesis and pump
Vasodilator agent, improving blood flow
Improve insulin sensitivity
Improves nutrient deliver to muscle tissue
Stimulates the release of growth hormone
Stimulates the release of luteinizing hormone, thus increasing testosterone

While all these benefits are more than welcomed, the enhancement of nitric oxide induced pumps and increased vascularity are the prime effects we concern ourselves most when supplementing with agmatine.

The powder itself is flavorless and mixes well in whatever you combine it with, without added any unwanted foreign tastes or undissolved grit.

I combined two scoops (2g) with my pre workout and consumed the mixture about 15 minutes pre workout. I know some users will take agmatine at different times of the day, but I wanted to use this solely as a pre workout pump enhancer.

Again, I used this purely for pump and vascularity enhancement. So that is what I my efficacy review is based on.

I got some real strong pumps, swole feel, and very good vadcularity from Nutrabio's agmatine sulfate. I had plenty more veins popping out everywhere, but most prominently in my quads, forearms, upper back, and chest.

The pumps and swole feel were more than prominent. My muscles and overall physique felt fuller and more engorged throughout my workouts and throughout the day, even post workout as well. The pumps were most awesome during high volume sets with heavy compound movements.

I also had some extra complimentary energy and a little extra focus as well.

The cheapest I was able to find this was 32.99 on amazon with free shipping. You get 90 servings with each tub so if you only need one scoop a day, that means a tub will last about 3 months. If you require two servings like me, the tub lasts about a month and a half. At that dosage, it does bring the value down somewhat considering you can get bulk agmatine from other sources for cheaper. However, I still think the value is very good considering Nutrabio's exceptional quality standards and the reassurance that you are getting exactly what you need without the added garbage additives.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Plain and simple....if you knowingly respond well to agmatine sulfate, Nutrabio has what you need in their agmatine sulfate. They provide all the goodness and benefits of agmatine sulfate while upholding the highest of quality standards and ensuring you get only what you want and need and no unnecessary additives or artificial garbage. Experience the pumps and vascularity among other benefits at the highest of quality.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!!

January 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gh Release
  • Good Pump
  • Vasodiolation
  • VEINS
  • Okay Value

What is up guys? I'm ready to PUMP YOU UP (literally) with this review. I picked up this product that's outside of my usual supplement stack because I've been looking for a more 'powerful/magical pump' than what my traditional pre-workouts have been giving me. I'd like to give a big thanks to NutraBio and SR for making this review possible!

FULLY DISCLOSED (tip the cap, most companies don't do this anymore)
Agmatine Sulfate: 1g per serving
THATS IT
No fillers, No bold claims, No catchy slogans just PUMPS (hopefully)

Taste: So I would highly recommend mixing this with some water favoring or another one of your flavored supplements because this baby leaves a pretty strong bitter aftertaste that you DO NOT want to be tasting for more than 10 seconds.

Mixibility: Great, easy, fast. All you need is a couple good shakes in a shaker cup.

Dosage: 1 serving = 1g of Agmatine Sulfate
I took 3 scoops pre-workout to give me a good dose of 'pump' before I walked into the gym and then I would take 2-3g before bed as well. Pre-workout I found my sweet spot to be around the 15-minute mark before I started my first warm up set and I would take it Pre-Bed pretty much whenever I was ready to start winding down my day

Very, Very good pumps! I had some of the best pumps I have EVER had while using this product in combination with traditional pre-workout supplements that lacked that 'pump effect'. The veins were especially crazy (I'm a naturally veiny person to begin with, so this just made them burst out of my skin). For whatever reason, I found that my body responded better to this product (meaning bigger and longer lasting pumps) that to Citrulline Malate. I was stunned, but it definitely gave me a blood rush that Citrulline never has before. I think, however placebo this may sound, that this product also help transport my intra-workout BCAAs through my system quicker as well as a result of the massive pumped up effect.
And cmon, who doesn't love to be PUMPED UP and feel massive in the gym?

Pre-Bed: The effects were a little less obvious than pre-workout. The best i can do is relate it to using NyQuil. It's not quite as strong as NyQuil at lulling you to sleep, but it definitely puts you in the sleepy time mood.

The going price for this product is $32.99 on bodybuilding.com
This comes out to 36-37 cents per 1g serving (or for me about $1.10 per 3g serving). Compared to their completion this price is pretty competitive. I love pumps, but I personally don't know If I'm willing to spend over a dollar per day on them.

Side Effects

Nothing negative, just expected increase in pumps and vein size to the naked eye.

Conclusion

I LOVED using this product. It made me feel like a beast in the gym and I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for that extra pump.

December 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Gh Release
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • Da Scoopa
  • Not As Good Of A Value
Profile: Single, handsome, moderately tall, and once won a highschool powerlifting meet due to others in the weight class busting out on their lift.

Okay, to the ACTUAL profile:

Agmatine sulfate.

That's it.

Pure, good, and awesome agmatine sulfate.

What is it? Nitric Oxide precursor, very awesome and effective, giving you that Pump, veiny looks, and to a more subjective and variable degree,

The vasodilation effect: the increase uptake of oxygen, nutrient flow, and an increase in overall endurance.

The first true agmatine sulfate I've taken was Muscle feast agmapure, a very pure source of Agmatine sulfate. Nutrabio's counterpart is the same, marking no real difference, making them as effective, and as awesome as muscle feast.

Nutrabio's agmapure played several role in my personal usage, pre workout, pre bed time, pre um...

and I gotta say, I'm impress.

The effects: several category here, bedtime, pumps, "other" pumps, and more pumps.

Pre bed: 10/10

The same effect as muscle feast's agmapure, it wont knock you out, but it sure helps, gradually you're more relaxed, and when you do fall asleep, you'll experience more REM sleep, lots of dreams, some normal, some weird, some wet...

um... yeah anyway REM sleep is connected with an increase in the release of GH, so potentially the connection is real. A different GH enhancer, with out the libido effect.

Pumps: we're talking gym pumps here.
20 mins prior with any pre workout, without pre workout, for endurance training, for weight training, it just flat out works.

Crazy vein effect, crazy blood rush when you're hitting the main lift, Swole effect, all the things you're looking for in the gym.

Other pumps: It's there. Not much to explain, someday when i wake up after pre bed usage, ya buddy is up with ya. For a long time. Don't wear tight pants. ;)

Mixability: 9/10 in water it mixes extremely well, but sometimes it will clump together in the bottle so you may have to break it up before putting it in the cups.

Taste: 3/10

It's bitter, chemical, and leaves behind that cough syrup aftertaste. I believe it's from the sulfur. (SO4)

Price: 6/10

This is the downfall of the product, its 50 bucks for a 90g bottle. Considerably more expensive than muscle feast 100g for 29.99.
(contact our muscle feast rep for additional and SR only discount for bonus )

The main reason I dish out that kinda coin was for a very impulsive reason: the scooper.
Muscle feast agmapure didn't have any, this one does. Trust me, don't be an idiot.

Overall :8/10

I love it, it's effective, it works day or night, morning or afternoon. Bitter aftertaste, but great mixability, expect pumps that just linger on. Shame though that the price just doesn't compare to Muscle feast. Still good stuff, but sadly there's a cheaper brand for pretty much the same effects.

October 23, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vasodiolation
  • Good Pump
  • Gh Release
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • Not As Good Of A Value
If anyone read my Agmapure Agmatine from Muscle Feast, you'll know that Agmatine works at what it claims for a night time addition to any stack. The vasodiolating properties are great for that little boost of extra GH release while sleeping.

You'll also have read that I really enjoyed the purity of Agmapure, and how clean that supplement was. No fillers, no extras, and no BS.

Well, this product is right inline with Agmapure.

Since this is my second review of an Agmatine product, I'm not going to get into the effects of the agmatine, and how it works, and all that sciency stuff that I usually talk about. This is a compare and contrast review, and it's quite simple.

Agmapure - Taste was bad, but not terrible. It was to be expected with a plain product.

NutraBio Agmatine - Taste was just as bad, and was identical. I actually had another little bit left of a bottle of Agmapure that I was just finishing in my cabinet when I started NutraBio's version, so I could actually do a side by side comparison, and they were spot on with each other. If you did a blind taste test, you couldn't tell a difference. No flavor change, no mixing difference, no color difference (both pure white). So the flavor is still lacking, but it's not necessarily a bad thing because of the purity.

Agmapure - Effectiveness was very high. Both in stimulating GH at night, increasing dreams, and vasodiolation.

NutraBio Agmatine - Identical effects. I still am getting good dreams at night with this, falling asleep quickly, and I've even started to take more of it pre & post workout. I'm up to around 4G a day with 1G pre, 1G post & 2G at night before bed. It works as advertised as an additional pump product, and as a sleep aid. I started adding it post workout, as I felt it was helping to shuttle nutrients better by continuing to keep open the capillaries and blood vessels when the nutrients needed to get into the muscles. I agree with KevO on this, I can't prove it helps this way, but it seems to. No sciency stuff, just that I feel a longer pump from my workouts during recovery. I was adding this in with both Restoraid & Afterglow. The flavors of those helped to mask the agmatine taste, but also seemed to help with the post workout recovery as well.

Agmapure - Value was top notch. The original bottle I received was the 30G bottle. Without a scooper I had to eyeball my dosage to get 1G. I'm pretty sure I would sometimes take less, and sometimes take more, but I could never be sure. Still, on value alone, the 30G offered plenty of value for $19.

NutraBio Agmatine - NutraBio sent us the 90G bottle. This thing is never ending. I started the bottle using 2G per day, and I think I'm in the 3rd month of taking it, and I'm still not quite finished. I probably have another week left, but the thing just keeps going and going. Also, there's a scooper!! So I know my dosages are more accurate. Now, Musclefeast is cheaper, as KevO pointed out. 100G is only $38, which is ridiculous, where as NutraBio has 90G for $50. Now, NutraBio does have $1 shipping, so that does even out the cost difference a little, but it is still more expensive than Musclefeast on a per servings to servings basis. But it has a scooper!! That was a really big issue with the musclefeast product. If you don't have their yellow scooper, you probably will have issues with your dosages being all over the place.

Agmapure - Musclefest claims to have the purest levels of Agmatine on the market.

NutraBio - They claim to not add anything to their product, and they have an FDA inspected facility. To be honest, I couldn't tell a difference at all. Really, both products worked exactly as advertised, looked the same and tasted the same. You can't get much closer to being both pure than that. NutraBio might be 99.98% pure, whereas MuscleFeast is 99.99% pure.....but really, that's not going to make a difference IMO. NutraBio also has several other products that are extremely pure and extremely well priced, including their CGT Max which I reviewed previously. So depending on if you're going to be stacking this with other products, you may want to buy this because of the ability to buy multiple products from one source.

So these two products in a comparison test, really do come out very evenly matched. Musclefeast would get my nod if I was just buying Agmapure. It is the better value, and they do have a patented process that is supposed to give the highest level of purity. BUT, if you can't live without the scooper, and you are buying other products from NutraBio that you want to combine on an order, then this product is VERY high in quality as well.

NutraBio Agmatine is a great alternative to MuscleFeast Agmapure, so don't count it out just because it's more expensive.

October 21, 2013

First and foremost a huge Thank you is in order to the guys over at NutraBio for allowing me the opportunity to try a couple of their products. Although NutraBio has gone relatively under the radar here, I have ordered a few things from them in the past and was very impressed with the quality and service they provide.

Profile:
As simple as it gets:
90 grams of Agmatine Sulfate

*If you visit the NutraBio website you can see the descriptions of all of their products and what processes they use to assure quality and purity*

Dosing:
A very simple product to dose.
Simply use 1-2 scoops preworkout and/or anytime of the day, or before bed for enhanced recovery benefits.
*Each scoop is 1gram -- 90 scoops per container

I have only one product to directly compare this to, Muscle Feast's Agmapure, which is essentially the exact same thing sans the 'AgmaPure' copyright name.
I have to say that both of these products performed in the exact same manner at the same dosages.
Preworkout 1-2grams always did the trick for a nice pump and increased vascularity.
I would occasionally throw a scoop into my postworkout shake and felt as though it may have aided in shuttling nutrients, but that is obviously just speculative.
Pre-Bed Id throw a scoop or two in with whatever I was drinking and that definitely seemed to enhance my recovery a bit from day to day.
The only real negative I noticed was slightly decreased effectiveness as the tub went on, but nothing major at all.

AgmaPure from MuscleFeast is $38 for 100grams
Agmatine from NutraBio is $50 for 90grams
Obviously the AgmaPure is priced more reasonably, so depending on s & h, the AgmaPure ends up being the better value, hence the lower score in this category.
Eitherway I still think both products are very good values.

All in all, Agmatine has plenty of useful applications in many different situations. Its relatively cheap and very easy to use, so if you have the extra scratch grab a tub you wont be dissapointed.