100% Micellar Casein Reviews

By: NutraBio

100% Micellar Casein is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.

September 16, 2017

• Can Be Expensive

First I would like to thank Nutrabio for allowing me to review their casein product, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Comparing this to other casein protein powders, I already knew it was top notch when the powder was fluffy and soft instead of dry and powdery. Definitely one of my favorite proteins, but too much for me to afford routinely.

Nutrabio's casein only comes in at 110 calories per serving making it a great product to use before bed, which is when most prefer to take this protein. Casein if you didn't know is slow digesting and gives your body the vital nutrients it needs to recover its muscles. Each serving contains 25g's of protein, which is a good amount without any type of amino spiking.

Not only protein though, You also get 5g's of glutamine and BCAA's as well. This helps save some money so you don't have to add too much extra amounts for better recovery. There's also less than a gram of fat and only 2gs of carbs. Overall versatile although I think it's cheaper using casein only at night.

Taste was perfect. I asked for the wild strawberry flavor and it was spot on. A hint of sweetness and strawberry and not excessively tasting artificial.

Mixing was pretty good although the quality of the casein definitely showed through because I had to shake it pretty hard to break it all down. Overall fine though.

Dosing is how you need it as most protein, but I prefer casein at night and use whey during the day. Mainly only took a scoop, but sometimes added half a scoop each serving.

Recovery I think was awesome while running this. I did add an extra dosing of glutamine earlier in the day, so I thing this helped create an overall full effect for recovery with the added amino and protein from the casein. Muscles were essentially nice and happy every morning while running this product.

Digestion wise this was perfect and not gassy. If I did take a scoop in the day it definitely helped hold back appetite being slower in digestion. Overall great for recovery and before sleeping.

You're definitely getting what you pay for, but the average gym rat isn't making enough to sustain the price of this honestly. It's $40.00 per 2lbs tub on amazon, and contains 28 servings in the tub. That makes this a $1.42 per scoop. Not a ridiculous price especially for the quality ingredients and fully transparent label, but still more than a lot of other products.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio always delivers a quality supplement that is fully disclosed and properly dosed, but you have to keep an eye out for better savings when you want to stock up on their products. Overall a high quality casein protein that is worth every penny!
  • Wild Strawberry : 9/10

June 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Versatile
  • Aids Recovery
  • Informative Label
  • Anti-catabolic
  • Unfair Value

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). Thanks to Nutrabio and Supplement Reviews for making this connection possible and trusting us. It's time to review Nutrabio Micellar Casein. I lift weights 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and I constantly take Protein supplements because my diet is not very high in protein so I usually have to take 2-3 scoops daily to meet my daily requirements of Protein for muscle growth/repair/maintenance/etc. I'm happy I was able to claim this Casein to see if it's worth it. Let's see how it worked and what the fictional "seller" of the title told "us" about the price... ;)

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The only protein source is Micellar Casein. 25 grams of Micellar Casein net, it's cold processed. 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Glutamic Acid (Glutamine precursor), 730mg of Calcium (70% of Daily Value). There was a mistake from Nutrabio saying it had 6.2 grams of BCAAs and 6.2 grams of Glutamine. They already corrected the mistake (thanks to SR user @DaSlaya for making the contacts). I asked the rep here at SR on May 31 about this issue and I'm still waiting for him to answer lol (Another reason I took longer to write this review). Nutrabio officially corrected the mistake so fair enough.

What else? You want to know about the Calories, Fat and Carbohydrates? Well, let me tell you something first... If you're worried about the Calories, Carbs and Fat of a protein supplement, then you have some symptoms of having a mental problem. I hate those people that cry about 3g of Carbs (1% of Daily Value!), 1g of Fat (1% of Daily Value!), 0.5g of Saturated Fat (3% of Daily Value!), 1 gram of sugar and 120 calories. Nothing to worry about!

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested and received the Dutch Chocolate flavor. It's not the typical chocolate flavor, I liked it. Not the best I've tried but it's different and has a good taste. It's similar to a chocolate bar that has a purple paper covering it, I forgot the name of the chocolate...

*MIXABILITY: I'm not one of those persons that shake things 10-15 seconds and expect full mixability. If you do this then you have a symptom of a mental problem, seriously. If you throw the powder first and then the liquid and expect full mixability, you don't have a symptom of a mental problem (ok maybe yes), you're just doing something dumb! LIQUID FIRST then the powder. I shake for 45-60 seconds (might be too much but I always want to be sure). 30-45 should be the average time. Never gave me problems mixing it, good job.

*DOSING: 1 scoop in 6-8 ounces of water some minutes before bedtime and a couple of days during the day. I didn't use this everyday, that's why I took longer to finish this. I first worked only with 6oz (because the tub says 6oz) but then I did 8oz so I could remain fuller for a longer time.

EFFECTIVENESS

It's difficult to judge the effectiveness of a Casein Protein supplement. When I used 6oz, I was expecting to feel more full but it worked similar to a Whey Concentrate in terms of digestion time. With 8oz, I could feel those effects of feeling full for longer hours. Best thing is that the taste didn't decrease with the 8oz so good job. I had no problems with digestion. Casein proteins usually have a gritty texture, I could feel it in this one but not so much like in other Casein proteins. I still woke up hungry though but that's probably because my metabolism is too fast. Can't talk too much about recovery, I was taking BCAAs, Creatine, Whey Protein, etc, at the same time.

VALUE

Aaaaaaand this is the main part of this supplement IMO. The "car" was beautiful, we took a look inside and wow, beautiful. The thing is... the seller is asking for $40! Yes, it's not wrong, it's $40! I tried to find if there was a special ingredient (like enzymes) to see if the price was justified but nope, couldn't find any. Nutrabio products are usually expensive but it's usually because they are top quality and because they have ingredients that other supplements don't have so the saying "You're getting what you pay for" is valid for Nutrabio products. BUT that saying doesn't apply to this Casein and none of the reviews below this one that defended this price could give valid reasons to justify the price. I'm actually angry that one of the "Pros" option below is "Good Value". The average of this category is $30. What justifies this being $40? Only thing is that because Nutrabio is now sold by other sites (BB, Suppz, etc), then they had to increase the price in their own website. The thing is these mentioned websites also sell it for that price. BB doesn't carry the Casein yet though. Suppz also has it for $40.

But let's look at this: According to the reviews below, in 2013 and 2014, the price was $28 (which is its fair price). In 2015, they increased it to $34 and in 2017 they increased it to $40. I don't see anything in the formula that justifies the $12 increase. So unfortunately, this car is beautiful but too expensive! The Cold Processed doesn't justify it, neither does the instantized part. The competition's Casein supplements are way cheaper. Gold Standard Casein also has Aminogen, Dymatize Elite Casein uses Cross Flow Microfiltration... what does NutraBio has? Cold Processed (great, just like Dymatize).. anything else? No Maltodextrin? (Ok...), what else justifies a difference of $12? Exactly, nada. So stop defending what doesn't deserves any defense. I would only buy this if I get a 20% discount and I would still think twice before buying it. SO RUN AWAY HONEY, RUN, THE SELLER WANTS OUR MONEY!

SIDE EFFECTS

None, great job.

CONCLUSION

This Casein supplement has good doses of Protein, BCAA's, etc. It has a clean profile and it's effective. It also has a good taste (Dutch Chocolate). But the price is very expensive and not justified. They increased the price from $28 to $40 in 3 years and I couldn't find any valid reason to do it. The fair price is $30, no more than that. I'm dissapointed by Nutrabio, I can't recommend this product until they bring the cost down to $30.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Bring the price down to $30. You're not putting any additional ingredients like enzymes/prebiotics/probiotics/etc that could justify the $40 price.
  • Dutch Choclate: 7/10

June 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Aids Recovery
  • Informative Label
  • Versatile
  • Taste Wasn't Extraordinary
First off, I want to apologize to the SR Trooper program and Nutrabio for being late on my reviews.

Thank you for being part of the program and sending out products for us to try. So far if you've read my other reviews on Nutrabio, then you'd know I have had good success with their products.

A product with a fully disclosed label with a hella clean profile. 0.5g of fat, 2g of carbs, and 25g of casein protein. Also each serving has 6.2g of bcaas and 6.2g of glutamine. Perfect profile for a late night snack and to aid in muscle recovery. For those maybe wondering what the difference between casein and whey concentrate or isolate, casein is a slow digesting protein. Casein can be found in milk and in cottage cheese. Casein as a supplement is supreme to milk and cottage cheese because of the macros. Milk will bring added sugar/carbs, and casein is generally high in salt and often doesn't taste good (in my opinion) by itself. According to Nutrabio, their Micellar Casein provides a steady stream for over 4-6 hours.

Taste: I received and asked for the strawberry flavor. My first time ever trying strawberry; I found it to be very different, but not in a bad or good way. Personally would've gone with a different flavor next time. I tend to like the standard flavors like vanilla and chocolate. I also found the texture to be chalk like. I can never get used to the texture of casein. I usually end up just chugging the product.

Mixability: Mixed perfectly fine with milk, had no issues.

Dosing: Right around bedtime. Started drinking the drink an hr before and finished it 30mins before I hit the bed.

Definitely could tell it help me with my hunger. My last meal of the day is usually around 10. By the time I wake up around 6, I am hungry and ready for my next meal. Usually have my first meal around 7. Throughout the run of this product, I woke up feeling full without the bloatedness. I could wait longer before I ate my first meal. My first meal of the day ended up being a few hours later, usually 1-2 hrs after 7. Recovery was smooth and normal. Along with taking it at night, I found it very effective to take this product with oatmeal or when I knew I would be without a meal for a couple of hours. It definitely helped stay full without feeling bloated.

Cheapest I found it was $40 for a 2lb tub with 28 servings. This is by no means cheap, but when you buy from Nutrabio you know you're getting a quality product. I would definitely buy this product if I had some extra money laying around. I love the profile and multiple flavors of casein, but right now with my current supplement stack I don't have the money to spare. But don't get me wrong, I'll definitely be purchasing this when extra money comes my way

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a great and quality product from Nutrabio once again. It does the job well without the bloatedness. Strawberry wasn't a bad flavor, but not the flavor for me. The profile is clean so it'll definitely fit anyways macros. Whether a late night snack or "small meal" till your next, this is the product for you.

Thank you again Nutrabio!
  • Wild Strawberry : 6/10

June 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Can Be Expensive

Thanks to nutrabio for the continued participation in the TROOPer program. They not only put up tons of products l, but I've only tried one of their products that didn't absolutely pass expectations.

As with all nutrabio products the label is fully disclosed. You have a very clean profile here with 1g of both carbs and fats. You have 25g of micellar casein protein, which is a slower digesting protein than whey.

With casein proteins this category is part of my judgment on effectiveness as well. Most casein is thick and has a very strange taste usuAlly strong . But with this product it mixed up thicker than whey or blends but it wasn't a sludge.
The flavor I received was Dutch chocolate and from the moment I opened it and smelled it I could tell I was going to enjoy it. Very light and smooth taste, never any huge clumps when mixing either. Since this is a slower digesting protein I took it at night to continually feed my muscles throughout the night.

As mentioned above the taste was great and mAde it easier to take down. Some casein proteins are so thick that if you chug them before bed it leaves you too full and bloated. This wasn't the case here. I felt satisfied , but not overly stuffed. The product digested very well also. I never woke up with any cramps or had any extreme bathroom trips while on this.

This is a little higher on the protein scale at $40 for a 2lb tub, but you know with nutrabio you are getting 3rd party tested quality and the purest ingredients. On top of that I really really enjoyed the taste.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have tried a lot of casein proteins and I have never found one thAt I had a lot of good things to say about. I like taking a shake before bed but with the taste and texture of most casein proteins I found myself just drinking a glass of milk or a whey shake which probably digests a little
Faster than I would like. This product though made me look forward to my bedtime protein and I will definitely be opting for This product the next time I use a casein.
  • Dutch Choclate: 8/10

May 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Taste Great
  • Informative Label

Hey everyone, here today to do a review for Nutrabio's Micellar Casein protein powder. Protein supplements are a staple for most us and the easiest way to make sure you get enough protein to fit your macros. Personally, especially since I have begun cutting, I have become very fond of protein blends, especially those that contain a mixture of whey and casein as I appreciate the extended feed of protein and aminos to stay anticatabolic while at a caloric deficit. Proteins can be difficult to review bt I'll do my best.

It's Nutrabio, so you know you're getting a top notch profile that is fully disclosed. The macros can fit into anyone's diet, at 111 cals, 1 g carb, 1 g fat, and 25 g protein. The scoop is about 31 g total, so this has an exceptional protein ratio and is free from a ton of fillers or amino spiking. This is one of the cleanest casein products you can buy, a great profile. This is a pure micellar casein product, so it's aim is to provide just a slow release protein into your system so if you're looking for something quick post workout then you're going to need a whey product. This being said, I found it very versatile in many ways which I'll explain later. A+ profile.

Mixability was great, took very little shaking. This is a thicker protein, which I enjoy as it is more satiating. Dosing is whenever, you need protein for your macros, and I used this in a variety of places such as before bed, some postworkout, breakfast, etc. The flavor I had was Alpine Vanilla, and it was very good. Vanilla is not a flavor I would normally choose as I think it's pretty bland, but this was quite enjoyable. When I mixed it with food or another protein I thought it added a welcoming flavor. Nothing but nice things to say here either.

So since proteins are hard to gauge for effectiveness, you really have to gauge on profile, digestion, recovery, and ease of use. I think Nutrabio hit all the marks here very well. As mentioned above, the profile is top notch and can work into any diet whether cutting or bulking with ease. There was never any digestion problems, gas, etc. My recovery was great during my run of this, but I did get a lot of protein from whole food, hit my macros consistently, and had amino recovery products as well. This is the case for most of us so I can't say this will help your recovery on its own, you have to have our diet in check but this did allow me to hit my macros easier. What I did like about this protein is it's versatility. As I mentioned, I like blends. I did enjoy mixing this with a whey protein, half and half. This was helpful as sinceI am cutting I felt better about the extended protein release into my system being in a caloric deficit. Being a slow release protein, this is great at night time as well to stop catabolism. Also, this is a great breakfast protein as it is more filling and can keep you going until lunch. I also liked mixing this with oatmeal as it adds much needed flavor and boosts the profile. Overall, I thought this was a great casein protein and I will definitely buy again.

You get what you pay for, $40 for 2 lbs which gives you 28-29 servings. Well over a $1 a serving which is expensive, but if you want quality you have to pay. Casein protein is more expensive than whey most of they time so you have to take this into consideration as well. I also extended the life of this protein some by mixing half with a cheaper whey. Value is there and it wouldn't stop me from buying again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Best casein protein I've had. Although I would prefer a blend like PES Select or even Nutrabio's Muscle Matrix, this definitely has it's place and I would highly recommend.

May 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Taste Wasn't Extraordinary

NutrBio, the company that repeatedly shows its face on SR and supplies us with quality products across a wide array of areas, whether it be protein, preworkout, BCAAs, etc. Thank you once again for allowing me to review a product, this time around it was the Micellar Casein! I haven't used casein since around 2010-2011 and it was ON's, which wasn't bad, supplied a decent taste, but had terrible mixability. Lets see what I thought about NB's casein after not having any for almost 6 years!

Of course, NutraBio is a fully disclosed company, so we know exactly what is in their micellar casein. Macros come in at 0.5g F, 2g C, and 25g protein. Less than 1g flavoring is used, in this case it was 600mg of natural strawberry flavor and some other add ins of xanthan gum, beet powder, and sucralose. I think the 2g of carbs is interesting. As others have mentioned, casein can give you that bloat feeling, which I did not experience while taking this.

Taste: I changed it up and received the wild strawberry flavor. I have had three other NB protein based products, all of which were chocolate so I needed a change of pace. The taste was pretty average, typical strawberry. Honestly, I'm not sure what "wild" strawberry" should actually taste like, but it was no different than any other strawberry product I have had, expect for the strawberry shortcake protein powder from GTN, which was by far the best strawberry flavored protein I've tried to date. Casein tends to have a different texture though, which may add to the "just okay" taste. I'd be interested in trying NB's regular protein in strawberry to compare the tastes together.

Mixability: For a casein, this mixed wonderfully, 10/10! No clumps, no residue, no typical casein aspects that I'm used to from the past. Extremely slight foaming on top but settles after a few minutes of sitting. Sometimes I let it sit, others I just downed it, didn't bother me.

Dosing: I mixed one scoop with 6-8oz of water. Not too much of a thickness difference between 6-8oz so I guess it depends on if you want the extra water or not. Also, I took this M-F as a mid-day snack. I'm a teacher, so sometimes it is hard to eat or there is such a long span in-between meals. I found that bringing a shake to work with me aided in feeding my body throughout the day. On Saturdays and Sundays I would have a shake before bed.

As I mentioned, I used this as a mid day snack while teaching M-F. I felt this really helped hold me over and keep me full until I was able to eat a solid food lunch due to its slow digesting capabilities. This product never caused me to still feel hungry, or increased my hungry after taking. On Saturday and Sunday night when I would take this, I woke up feeling un-bloated and did not have the urge to devour food right away. Sometimes I wake up and my stomach feels so empty I need to eat right away, but while on this I felt fed throughout the night and not desperate for food upon waking up.

You can pick this up for $39, not including shipping. A little much for casein, but you also have to look at what you're getting when you buy this product, quality. Some people would rather pay a little bit more for quality, can you blame them?

Side Effects

No side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I would pick this up again if I could spare the money. Does it do its job? Absolutely! I just have a hard time dishing out $40 for casein being that I have to pick and choose what supplements I buy monthly, especially since the school year is coming to an end. I know I'll pick it up again, hopefully sometime soon. The only thing I would do differently would be to try a different flavor. After reading other reviews, I was surprised to see that vanilla was so highly liked. I don't ever recall having a vanilla flavored protein I raved about, so I feel like now I have to try it!
  • Wild Strawberry : 6/10

May 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Versatile
  • Can Be Expensive

We all know casein is great for those midnight gains but I found this in another useful way for me. Nutrabio makes some proteins that have always proven to me to be top quality. I have used several blends as a bedtime protein before and typically not a fan of straight casein but this one was a lot better than those previous ones.

Straight up Miscellar Casein and that is just about it, other than the very small amount of natural flavoring in it.
Very small amount of Carbs with this too at only 2 grams. I think that is one reason this does not give the huge bloat feeling. Also this is very very low on Fat at only .5 grams! Try getting 25 grams of protein from some foods with only 2 grams of carbs and .5 grams of fat and only 115 calories.!

I had the Strawberry and it was great! I loved using it some milk and every once in a while I would mix it with some ice cream.
This mixes great. For a casein it actually mixed better than some older whey proteins I have used.!

No I never noticed huge gains in the gym with this but I will say this helped me with night time hunger and to help fuel my body with something to help recover while I slept. Now because it helped with hunger so well I started using this with my breakfast, which typically is a omelet of some sort. This really made a huge difference in my mid-morning days. I would typically have breakfast around 7 am and be pretty hungry around 9 am. If I had this with my breakfast at 7 am I was usually not hungry till around 11 am which is close to my lunch so it worked out my better for me. I did not notice much on recovery per-say but I did seem to fill out a bit more and was noticing some muscle coming on a bit easier.

I have said it before but you get what you pay for. For around 40 bucks you get 28 servings which is a bit high but this is not a cheap protein. Nutrabio does not cut corners when they make supplements and this is no difference.

Side Effects

Can be a bit thick with milk.

Conclusion

Typically I like real food more so than a casein at night but this one did not feel as heavy as others have. I really liked this for my mornings though to help with morning hunger and this was the trick for me. If you are needing to watch calories and fat an still get some quality protein I would certainly check this out. Thank you nutrabio!
  • Wild Strawberry : 8/10

Overall
Overall
6.7
5.5
  May 15, 2017

• Not A Chalky Texture
  • Informative Label

Using casein protein has become a recent staple in my supplement stack to keep my muscles constantly nourished and anabolic with protein throughout the night. So when I saw the opportunity to test out a new casein product from the amazing team at NutraBio I had to take it. Quick thanks to NutraBio for giving me chance to test out their new product! Now let's see how it stacks up against the competition

All I can say about NutraBio's method of letting its consumers know what in its products using a full disclosure label is.WOW. I've had the chance to review other NutraBio supplements in the past and they are amazingly thorough with their ingredient analysis for all products they release, this is something that is extremely rare in the supplement industry right now and should be praised to the utmost degree.

Serving Size: 33.83g
Servings: 26.8
Calories: 120
Fat: 1g
Carbohydrates: 3g
Protein: 31.65g
Flavoring: 2.18g

Like I said above, the ingredient label is ultra-specific. This would have to be the first product I've ever reviewed that notes that the servings are not a whole number (26.8). It's almost like they decided to make it crazy complex with numbers on purpose because even the protein content is kind of funky at 31.65g. Most protein supplements stick to about 22-25g per serving to up the total serving count but rarely do I see a company go past 30g like in this case. The fact that NutraBio even went as far as to show how much flavoring product they added is a first and a valuable piece of information that I'm sure many consumers care about. NutraBio is without a doubt the top-dog in the supplement industry when it comes to full disclosure of their products' ingredient profiles.

I had the chance to try out the Dutch Chocolate flavor and I must say that I've tried probably 15+ different brands of casein in the past to compare it with. NutraBio did a great job at reducing the grainy, clumpy, and thick characteristics that are well known for casein products. It doesn't taste as smooth as a whey protein powder but no casein powders do. The Dutch Chocolate flavor is a nice touch and isn't overly sweet with a good amount of chocolate flavoring that won't sicken you of the taste for the 2lb tub.

I typically used this casein protein at night just prior to going to bed. I used 1 full scoop with a bit of water with some pretty strong shakes to ensure minimal clumping. I must say though that the creaminess of this casein is a welcome treat that I have rarely seen in this protein category so kudos to NutraBio for defying the usual characteristics of casein. I woke up generally following approximately 7-8 hours of sleep and did not have any extreme feelings of hunger that were satisfied well the previous night from the casein. It also gives me some peace of mind knowing that my body was able to utilize the slow digesting casein throughout the night to keep my muscles anabolic as possible.

At $40 for a 2lb tub of casein, I believe that NutraBio may be asking a little much from consumers. I do understand that casein is typically a more expensive type of protein compared to regular whey protein but I don't believe that it warrants $20/lb. I feel that due to the products improved texture to other caseins, it should be priced around $30/tub to be at a more competitive price point.

Side Effects

I personally experienced no adverse reactions while using this protein product.

Conclusion

For most of us that are conscious of nighttime muscular nourishment the inclusion of casein is a must! I've always kind of dreaded the typical chalky textured casein that has become the norm for this protein category but NutraBio has somehow managed to change things up a bit and replace the chalky texture for a more creamy one! Though I love the improved texture of this line I don't think it's worth the extra money that it'll force you to throw down. If you are a bit of a taste Nazi then by all means fork over the additional dough to please your taste buds but if you're like me and don't mind a nightly chalky textured drink then I'd say throw your money elsewhere.
  • Dutch Choclate: 8/10

May 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Can Be Expensive
What's up SR family from around the world! I would like to thank Nutrabio and the Trooper program for allowing me to give Nutrabio's Micellar Casein Protein a run. Recovery and staying full as I get older is very important; especially staying full part, since I tend to want to eat sugar when I see it. I have used Casein proteins in the past, some with good experience and other with horrible experience. When Nutrabio offered their Casein protein for the Troopers, I decided to give it a run.

As with all Nutrabio products, their labels says and discloses all; this is why they are always in the top 5 companies in the industry. There are 25 grams of Casein per scoop and at 120 calories, it is not bad if you are currently in a cutting cycle. As for the benefits of taking a Casein product, it boils down to how slow the digesting effects are as it releases into one's system; which is the key function to me for a Casein protein. Other members have done a fantastic job on provided some great detail on the other ingredients; I rather focus on how it affected me.

Taste - I received the Vanilla flavor, which was good, not overly sweet.

Mix - I was very surprised on how well this mixed, most casein proteins tend to get thick, if the right amount of liquid is not there. However, I was able to get a smooth mix with the minimum required amount of ounces. I mixed with half water and half coconut milk; the only time it was thick is when I mixed with milk after a good leg workout.

Dose - I mainly used this in the evening, about 30 minutes before bed, one scoop; however, on a couple of occasions, I would stack this with a Whey Isolate in the morning, to have a good breakfast.

As we all know, trying to gauge the effectiveness of a protein can be a challenge; however, if you taking it in the right environment, like after workouts, you are able to feel the difference. This is the reason why I took longer than normal to post my review on Nutrabio's Micellar Casein, from the 28 servings in the tub, I used 20 of them on evenings I would work out.

When taking at night, I would make sure to have a wholefood meal as my post workout meal, I know most of the time, we down a whey Isolate right away and then eat something solid. After my meal, I would wait about 3 hours before taking my serving of Casein. The next day, depending on the kind of workout I did, my DOMS were minimal and I was not hungry as hell like I am normally am after a killer workout the night before. Since it take about several hours for Casein to digest in your system, it kept feeding my body protein, which kept my body in an anabolic state; this is keep when you are recovering.

When I took this for 8 times in the morning as part of my Whey Isolate breakfast, I noticed that I was not hungry for about 3 hours before I ate something solid. This was a blessing in the sky, since where I work, I am surrounded by those who cannot function with having 6 donuts; my sugar cravings were kept in check.

Well, the following old saying is relevant when it comes to Nutrabio's Micellar Casein "You get what you pay for". Yes, at $40.00 is a bit high for only getting 28 servings out of it; however, how many of us bought a Casein for $25.00 with 30 servings and it turns out to be full of fillers and did not perform. For those on a budget (Like Me) and want to get a tub of this, you can try to use it as I did, it last me over 5 weeks. In fact, you can us half a serving and mix it with yogurt to get the benefit of the protein and digestions yogurt provides; I did this for the last 3 servings and made it 6 and it worked well.

Side Effects

No sides to report

Conclusion

Nutrabio's Micellar Casein is yet another great product released by Nutrabio. This performed well for me and met my expectations; as always, I like to state, everyone reacts different to supplements, so keep that in mind when you decide to pick a tub of this up. In my opinion, Nutrabio should run more sale promotions, they have excellent quality products, but for most of us who are in school, saving to buy a house, and raising little one, the price is a big pill to swallow. I would love to buy this again, but I will wait to see if there are any up and coming promotions where I can rationalize the spending of extra funds. Thank you Nutrabio again for the opportunity.

May 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Versatile
Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Nutrabio for their support of the SR troops program. I've had other nutrabio products though the SR Troops program. The other products I really like and have had great results from. This review is for their micellar casein protein. I've tried Nutrabio though the troops program and there stuff was really good. When there casein protein became available for the troops I had to give it a try. Like all Nutrabio it is made in a certified and inspected FDA facility. Nutrabio lists everything that is in their casein protein. In this casein protein you will get 25g of protein along with 5g of BCAA. This product is also is no GMO too.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
The flavor that I received was alpine vanilla which is a fancy way of saying vanilla. The mixability wasn't an issue at all everything mixed fine. Dosing was mix 1 serving with 6oz of water. I usually mixed this with some oatmeal in a blender before I went to bed night. It was very tasty.

Effectiveness 9.0/10
Wow nutrabio knocked this one out of the park once again. This protein was just like all the other ones that I have tried. I have two jobs so this product was handy for a quick meal during the week when I was working at both of my jobs. Usually the nights that I was working my second job I didn't have time to cook or eat a meal due to time restrains. So this product worked perfect for those times where I was working both job and was in a time crunch to get my meals ready for the next day. The other great thing that I really liked was the fact that there was no stomach or digestive issues with this product. Which is really nice because I've had other proteins that would destroy my stomach along with giving me really bad gas. With nutrabio this was never an issue even when I mix it with milk, almond milk, or coconut milk. It tasted really good and mixed really easy. It also kept me full for the 4-6hr time ranged that nutrabio listed for their product. Another great aspect was the fact that there is zero amino spiking and no fillers either. It's like buying grass-fed beef from whole foods nothing but the best quality for your money. Overall great casein product that performed day in and day out.
Value 6.0/10
The cheapest place I was able to find it was on the nutrabio website where a 2lb container which has 28.6 servings goes for 39.99 which is 1.39 per serving. But if you are taking two servings it may not be cost effective for you. But you are getting a high quality protein it's worth the price if you have the extra money.
Side Effects
zero side effects.
Conclusion
Nutrabio did a great job with their casein protein this is a product if you are looking to try a different casein give nutrabio a chance because you will not regret it.
  • Vanilla: 10/10