FormaDrive Elite Reviews

By: Nutra Clipse

Growth Enhancers > Estrogen Blockers
FormaDrive Elite is an Estrogen Blocker manufactured by Nutra Clipse. It helps reduce the amount of the hormone estrogen in the body, encouraging an optimal muscle building and fat loss environment.

February 26, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Joint Pain
  • Effective AI
  • Libido
  • Leaning Out
  • A Little Pricey

Here's a review for NutraClipse's estrogen blocker FormaDrive Elite. I have taken a lot of anti estrogens in the past such as Erase, Erase Pro, Nolvadren XT, etc and enjoy the benefits of having decreased estrogen such as leaning out, a nice cut dry look, and natural muscle building. I took this while on a strength bulking routine in hopes of not gaining too much too fat during my bulk as I am getting married in June and will be cutting soon, so hoped this would limit some damage and hopefully gain some muscle. I am 34 years old so natty test boosters/AIs are ideal and usually work for me. Overall, I was pleased with this product. Here is my detailed review.

The supplement facts are attached, and upon first glance I was very impressed with the profile. The profile contains a couple AIs that I have used in the past that I feel worked very well for me. For example, Arimistane at 75 mg when fully dosed at 3 pills is nice and is the max dose of other good AIs like Erase and the old Erase Pro. I have also had Acacetin as a stand alone which worked well for me and DIM which I like as well. Throw in other ingredients which have AI properties like Chrysin, Horse Chesnut, and Broussonetia, even though there maybe some questionable studies/science, it looks like this is a very well rounded AI that tries to attack estrogen in a variety of pathways. I was excited to give this a shot.

No taste as they are pills, and they are easy to swallow, so good points there. I do, however, think this could be easier to take. Max dose is 3 pills spread out evenly throughout the day with food. If you're busy, on the run a lot, this is not very convenient. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I forgot a pill and I had to double up on the dosage to get the three pills in for the day. A lot of other AIs have similar dosing protocols as well so it's hard to knock NutraClipse's for this, but it was not easy.

No blodowork or concrete evidence to share with you, but I feel FormaDrive Elite was very effective in some respects and stacks up well against other estrogen blockers I have taken. Here is where I feel it is most effective:

Dry, leaning out effect: I have been on a strength routine for about two months now, eating a lot, and not always very clean on the weekend. I enjoy craft beer on occasion, which is not great for your waistline nor gains, as well as pizza, burgers, etc. Despite the cheat days that occurred, I really did stay very lean and dry throughout this past month while on FormaDrive. I ALWAYS put on weight in the lower abs/love handle region, and as of right now I feel the damage has been limited and I am still relatively lean, pants still pretty loose. This is nice for me as I have a big cut coming up for my wedding day in June, so shortens my time frame. My arms always stay pretty lean and cut, however I feel this is even more so while on this and have the veins still very noticeable, which helps notice a nice pump as well. Overall, I think this helped me stay very lean and dry.

Sex drive: Starting at about week 2, I felt this increased drastically and last the rest of the bottle. I felt the urges to perform several times throughout the day on some occasions, always ready to go at a moments notice. Although libido is not a sure sign of test increase, it is a positive and very well could me.

Strength: I was lifting heavy, eating, and getting my protein in so my strength would have probably increased anyways, however the lifts just felt easier and I seemed to be able to add those 5s to the bar quicker than normal. My strength has since stayed since finishing, and continuing to improve, but starting to slow down. Could be my body just adjusting and wearing out, but worth mentioning.

Pretty good value here as you get a lot of ingredients with most at good doses. I don't see this on a ton of of websites but I did find this on illpumpyouup for $33. You do get a full 30 days of this so at a little over a dollar a day, it's more expensive than say Erase alone but a solid value.

Side Effects

When taking a natty, you kind of hope for some sides like acne, aggression, etc for some evidence that it's working, but I did not experience any of these.

Conclusion

I really liked FormaDrive Elite in terms of keeping me more lean, sex drive, and some strength gains. If you're looking to try a new natty to help you stay lean I'd give this a shot.

February 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective AI
  • Possible Decrease In Joint Pain
  • Same Strength And Mass Gains As DAA
  • A Little Pricey
  • Fewer Sides Than DAA

Thanks to Nutra Clipse for supporting the TROOPS program. FormaDrive Elite (FD) is essentially a mix of aromatase inhibiting (AI) plant extracts that block estrogen to increase the testosterone/estrogen (T/E) ratio. I have some limited experience with test boosters and an AI so will compare my experience to that. Overall, FD performed very similarly to a DAA test booster, but at a little bit higher price. FD would be a good stack with a DAA to shift T/E ratio in favor of solid gains in muscle and strength.

The product label is not showing up on the SR product info page which is where I would normally point readers, but the contents have been very well covered by two earlier reviewers (Bosox and Isplisgardt) more knowledgeable than me in the field of estrogen blockers. The most well recognized ingredient is Arimistane which is a widely used AI, and present here at the accepted dose of 75mg. (Several AI products feature arimistane on its own.) DIM, another estrogen suppressor is also present at 25mg. Chrysin has also been reported to act as an AI http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2024906/#R3 - but in vitro - not proven in vivo. Broussonetia papyrifera extract (400mg), and acacetin (25mg) are also present (both anti inflammatory compounds) and horse chestnut seed extract (4mg) which did seem to help my piles somewhat.

So basically, a couple of proven AIs with some anti-inflammatories thrown in to help prevent joint pain due to any drying out that may occur.

I followed the prescribed dosing of 3 capsules/day spaced evenly throughout the day.

Disclaimer: I am an old fart, probably with low test. Your results may vary.

The 90 capsule bottle lasted me a month. Two weeks in I also started taking SKALD fat burner from Beldt labs, which I am reviewing. At the same time i started a 2month run of MK-677 at 25mg/day, just for info.

I will compared the month on FD to two previous runs I did earlier in the year. The first (2 months) was on D-Pol (tablet form) form Purus Labs, and the second (1 month this time) with D-Pol again, long with AD-3 from Lecheek.

Here are my stats on FD:
Start
Weight: 209
BF 11%

End
Weight: 214.8
BF 10%

I put the 1% BF decrease down to the 2 weeks on SKALD, so a net lean muscle increase (body water looked about the same) of about 4lbs due to the FD. All my lifts increased, with the major lifts like decline bench, lat pulldown going up by about 25lbs. I hit all the PBs I did on DAA (even on DAA+AD-3), and in fact got a new PB of 315x3 for decline bench.

Looking back at my lifting gains on previous DAA runs, they were very similar. I dont have accurate stats on the first D-Pol only run but when I ran D-Pol with AD-3 over a month, I gained 8lbs, with BF constant at 10%. I am fairly confident that if i combined FD with D-Pol I would see a similar 8lb gain over a month.

Joints
Despite hitting the gym hard and increasing weight on all exercises, I did not feel any increase in joint pain. Particularly my elbows give me a hard time, and currently I am not taking fish oil or cissus, and in fact my elbows are the best they have been for a while, so I do think FD helped in that regard.

I am marking FD down a little on price. At around $33, its about $10 higher than AD-3. But I didn't need any fish oil or cissus, so much of that $10 is regained if you normally use joint support products.

Side Effects

A couple of dark spots on my chin appeared at the end of the first week, which cleared after a few days. I had worse acne on DAA, but it was only a little in that case. I feel like FD did not cause increases in aggression, unlike DAA, where I did feel a little alpha male kick in, so from that viewpoint I can say FD has less sides than DAA.

Conclusion

Test boosters and AIs are both effective at shifting the T/E ratio favorably for increase strength and muscle. Combined, they work together to further shift the ratio. I did feel that FD gave me the same gains in both lift increases and muscle mass as did a DAA run. FD got there a little more slowly and was not as obvious in its effect - no real alpha male feeing (which my wife appreciates). My joints also appreciated the anti-inflammatories in FD. This is anecdotal, but I felt like i observed a little more hair loss on DAA compared to this AI product too.

In summary, FD is a solid product, which would be a great combo with DAA. Difficult to compare it with AD-3 since I only ran that with D-Pol. I also like the fact that you take it through the day, which allowed me to keep taking ZMA as a sleep aid, rather than decide between AD-3 and ZMA at bedtime.

January 22, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective AI
  • Possible Decrease In Joint Pain
  • Sloppy Label In Some Parts
  • Chrysin Makes No Sense
Thank you again to Tommy and the SR team for the ER/TROOP system, and thanks Nutraclipse for participating. Up for review this time around is Forma Drive Elite, Nutraclipse's combo AI/test booster. I've had enough experience with this product category to know what certain ingredients should do, what does and doesn't work for me, and how to gauge my expectations. In this case, Forma Drive performed very nearly how I expected.

INGREDIENTS: 7.5

The name of the game here is good ingredient choices, questionable dosing in some cases, and poor presentation (as was the case with Alpha Drive, their pre-workout I reviewed a few months ago). I'll just speak on the label presentation briefly Perhaps I'm being picky, but there's something about extraneous commas, lack of trademark notation, and lack of scientific nomenclature or concentrations that doesn't sit right with me. In isolation, one or two of these things wouldn't be the end of the world, but altogether they just create an image of sloppiness. For instance, they just have "DIM" and "Arimistane" instead of providing the full chemical names. That alone isn't a big deal, but they also don't provide extract concentrations for horse chestnut seed, broussonetia, or black pepper. Where labels are concerned, I would always err on the side of specificity, particularly in an industry with so much shady business going on (but really how could one ever err in being specific?)

That being said, the selection of ingredients is a plus. Diindolylmethane is definitely promising as an AI agent, according to what research I've seen. 25mg may be on the light side, but I couldn't really find a benchmark for effective doses so I'll give NC the benefit of the doubt there. Same with acacetin. Chrysin doesn't make any sense to me at all, however. It hasn't shown any oral bioavailability, even in doses well above 1000mg, and this only has 4mg. The reading I've done has to be readily available to the folks at NC as well, so I have to ask, what gives? I can't help but think it's just another cool-sounding thing to fill out the panel. And of course, no AI would be complete without Arimistane, 75mg as there should be.

The horse chestnut is an interesting one. It seems to be included to counteract the usual side effects associated with decreased estrogen, like joint pain. The research is associated more with pain caused by circulatory issues, but still I like the inclusion. The broussonetia papyrifera is something I've never seen before and couldn't find much info, but again it seems to be linked to anti-inflammatory effects. As I stated earlier, I would love to see some extract concentrations for these ingredients, and black pepper (though that's less important).

DOSING: 8

Not too hard, 3 capsules spaced evenly throughout the day, with food. As with a lot of products like this (maybe because of the black pepper, maybe exacerbated by other ingredients) I would get some spicy burps and acid reflux. No big deal.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8

Forma Drive was definitely effective, though unpredictably so. Rather than a slow start and steady increase in all effects, as you might expect with a product like this, I experienced different aspects of it at different times, to varying degrees of intensity. I'm sure the variety of ingredients creates an effectiveness curve of sorts that ebbs and flows over the course of a month.

I certainly experienced some firming and drying out of muscles. Once, I actually got a terrible cramp in my bicep from holding my baby. That wasn't fun, but it let me know the stuff was working. There wasn't any very discernible leaning effect, because I'm not all that lean to begin with, but I'm sure if my body fat percentage were lower, the decreased water retention would definitely make a difference in appearance. Libido was a bit of a roller coaster. It seemed to be higher at first, but wore down a bit after a couple of weeks. Moods were more or less normal, no aberrations I can really point to. I've had a bit of a short fuse in recent months anyway, and I'm certain it has nothing to do with Forma Drive.

I didn't experience any increased motivation, aggression, or performance in the gym. Everything was fairly consistent, perhaps a bit of a tighter pump when I had one. Basically, every effect you can depend on with an AI, this one produces. It's not anything stellar or game-changing, but certainly as effective as anything else I've tried.

SIDE EFFECTS: 8

Again, everything you'd expect. The one painful cramping incident, as I described above, was all that really came out of the drying effect. Joints did become sore, but nothing that prevented me from working out the way I normally do. Maybe there's something to the additional plant extracts they threw in there? Otherwise nothing really to report, no major changes in mood or anything odd.

VALUE: 6.5

According to my own experience, Forma Drive costs slightly more than some other major players that are a bit more effective. I've seen it in a few places for, on average, about $35, which is not bad for an effective AI, however I would turn elsewhere first.

OVERALL: 7.5

An effective product for a price that isn't astronomical, and I'd say it's worth consideration for anyone shopping for an AI. There's something to be said for the additional plant extracts, I think -- if anything separates this from the pack, it would be that. I would love to see a big improvement in Nutraclipse's labeling practices, both in the way of linguistic issues and specificity of ingredients. You don't want to give any reason for your consumers to doubt the care you take in developing a product.

Thanks for reading everyone, and thanks again Nutraclipse and the SR.com team!

November 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Joint Pain

Thanks to Nutraclipse for participating in the TROOPS program. While I was on this product I am in the phase of rebuilding my strength back to where it was before my extended absence. Formadrive is an AI but not just your typical Erase and I put FormaDrive Elite up towards the top of my AI list

8.5/10

DIM helps metabolise estrogen and there are 25mg of that. There is also Acacetin which is known to block estrogen as well. The inclusion of Chrysin is a bit puzzling because while it does boost testosterone in order to do that it had to be directly injected into the fellas. Horse Chestnut seed helps with blood circulation and can treat issues like fevers and stuff but I wonder if they included Horse Chestnut leaf because that is shown to help with joint pain. There is 75mg of Arimistane which is a common compound in all AI products. There is a whopping 400mg of Broussonetia Papyrifera Extract which has shown to have anit inflammatory effects as well as arimitase inhibitor effects.

Overall I would say this is a pretty good ingredient list for an AI. each piece had its own part in making the product what it is. The only thing I question is the Chrysin because the body doesnt absorb it unless directly shot up in the testies.

Dosing is simple enough. 3 capsules daily spaced out with food. Does not get much easier than that.

Now for the part we all care about. The product worked. It is as simple as that. Week one I didnt notice a whole lot but come week 2 it really started to kick in. My sex drive went up, I could see my shoulders and back start to lean out and I noticed a quick boost in strength. One thing I always look for in AI products is that joint pain but I never had any issue with that and never took anything to go along with it to help combat that issue so that was a positive with the product.

6.5/10

46.99 for 30 days on strongsupplementshop is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for and with other products like PES Erase or AD3 being lower priced its easy to get a working product for less. On amazon I saw the product for no less than 69.99 and that was with a quick google search

Side Effects

No aching joints which was shocking but I did break out a little more than usual with a pimple here there

Conclusion

Overall it was a very solid product. It does what it was intended to do. I dried out a bit, leaned out a bit, and added some strength all in just a 4 week span. Almost makes me wonder what 8 weeks would have been like. I would reccommend this product if you are looking for a good AI because it is multi ingredient when it comes to blocking estrogen and doesnt just rely on Arimistane but with a higher price point I would also not hesitate to point somewhere else for similar effects.