AstraGin Reviews

By: NuLivScience

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Pwo Performance
  • Improves Nutrient Absorption
  • Improves Amino Absorption
  • A Touch Pricey
A shout out to the guys at NuLiv Science for the opportunity to test a supplement that most of us have never heard about.

What is Astrigin?
It's is a natural food additive that basically helps improve absorption of amino acids, glucose, vitamins, etc. Basically it increases the bioavailability of what you take with it – one reason I suspect that we are starting to see it as an additive in supplements (RCSS is using it), NuLiv calls it an enhancement catalyst and I tend to agree. It strikes me a lot like the old BASF commercials that said "At BASF we don't make the things you use everyday - we make the things you use everyday, better."

Profile: 8/10
This is a hard one to really rate since both the two components are found mainly in Chinese medicine and thus there isn't a whole lot of western studies on them.

Astrigin is comprised of highly purified panax notoginseng and astalagus membraneceus. Panax notoginseng is not an adaptogen but does purport to have hemostatic properties that help blood flow and energy. Astragalus membraneceus is typically used as an anti-inflammatory or for general healing. It is typically considered an herb that while it may not add years to your life, adds life to your years.

NuLiv claims to have a patent pending process that extracts high purity levels of these herbs and that may also be true based on the effectiveness that I saw.

Dosing: 9/10
Each capsule contains 50mg and recommendations are to take 2 caps per day. I took mine pre and post workout. Pretty simple. As I usually do, I experimented with taking 2 caps at a time but I believe taking one cap pre and one cap post is ideal.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
The greatest effect that I felt was when taken with my pwo. Since pwos tend to be ergogenic, the amplified effect was easier to discern. It definitely made whatever I was taking do what it was supposed to do, only stronger. Based on those effects, I have no real reason to doubt that it also improved absorption/effectiveness of my post workout supplements as well. I would need a longer test period to verify that, but for now, I'm good with what I saw.

As I said already, I really wish I had been able to use this for a longer period of time before writing this review. I am rating this an 8, however, I suspect that this may be much like Advanced Protocol - with continued use of Advanced Protocol, my opinion has only continued to raise and if I had the ability to change my rating I would rate it a 9 instead of the 8 that I originally gave it. I think this will be the same. As such, I will be ordering 2 more bottles for myself to continue testing it but for now I will rate it conservatively.

I will note that I have used other products that contain Astrigin, but the effect taking the caps was much more pronounced. Plus having the caps on hand is far more versatile in how you take it and what you add it to. (And RCSS MyoBlitz with an extra 50mg of Astrigin thrown into the mix - wow.)

Value: 7.5/10
Each bottle contains 60 caps so a bottle lasts 1 month. Since this is only available from the manufacturer, the price is $24.95 + flat rate shipping of $3.99. That comes out to right underneath a dollar a day. So for me, the question was, is it worth spending a dollar a day to make the other supplements that I take perform better? Granted, this is not the cheapest "supplement booster" that I've ever used, but it is the only one that I felt provided any value above and beyond the supplements that I was using in the first place. However, I do realize that now everyone may find value in adding an additional dollar a day into the equation just to make an already pricey pwo work better. If it were a touch lower, or if the opportunity to buy it on sale ever arise, then by all means this would rate higher.

This is an extremely new supplement that is (to my knowledge) only recently available as a retail purchase instead of just being available within another formula. I think it's great and was extremely happy with the opportunity to test it. If you have $30.00 to spend, then I highly recommend giving this a try.

• sdunlimited
    June 16, 2013

Did you have a chance to run this with Bio-Gro?

• lava135
    June 16, 2013

SD - I intentionally did not since I wanted to have a baseline for Bio-Gro alone. I will try these two together after my cycle so i should have a pretty decent comparison to judge each.

• Rebel29073
    June 16, 2013

I gave you a plus just for the BASF reference.

Seriously though. Nice review.

• fmrPRO
    June 16, 2013

You have peaked my interest! Nice review