AstraGin Questions

By: NuLivScience

reinvdw

Does astragin increase the amount of calories absorbed from food?

December 14, 2013

And if so, how should I account for it?

ANSWERS (13)

tiktik
Posted December 14, 2013

I'm sorry but are you asking if a supplement can physically change the thermodynamic value of food to be something that its not?

A calorie is a calorie.

Astragin is a supplement to improve your utilization of vitamins minerals, amino acids, nutrients in general to the human body. (thanks lav lav)

regardless of how much your body is actually absorbing, a calorie is a calorie.

No need to second guess yourself.
Posted December 14, 2013

tiktik has said it all pretty much...

This product is supposed to help with nutrient absorption. Calorie absorption will pretty much remain steady no matter which supplement you take!
Posted December 14, 2013

So the outcome would be the same?
Posted December 14, 2013

If by outcome you mean "total daily caloric intake"... then yes, it will remain exactly the same.

Ok, thanks.
mhseaver670
Posted December 14, 2013

You should check out the reviews for this for more detail about what it is and does. Plus at your age I would suggest forgetting about supplements like this. Keep it simple and Eat, Eat, Eat and supplement with creatine and maybe a good quality whey. Learn the basics first and dont over think this stuff. Just Be a hulkamanic and take your vitamins and eat and train.
Posted December 14, 2013

Well its in an NO product I use, I won't buy this seperately...
Posted December 14, 2013

To be honest. At your age and with your energy levels an NO product isn't all that imperative.

Agreeing with Seaver here. Protein, fish oil, multi and maybe creatine would be all that would help you with your goals for now.

Exercising hard and eating well should be your main focus to help you reach your goals. Good luck!
lava135
Posted December 15, 2013

I won't rehash what others have said, however, I will say that this is actually one of the smarter supplement purchases that I make. Sure, it's great when it's in a product already but when I take something (usually a pwo) that doesn't have it, I'm still covered by popping 1-2 caps.
Posted December 17, 2013

I agree that a calorie is still a calorie. You still need to make sure your calories are where they should be. But, utilizing them better does offer benefits... You can recover better/faster etc. So while calories are still king. Enhancing utilization will still be good.
Posted December 17, 2013

And what does this do to fat?
lava135
Posted December 17, 2013

Huh? Let me ask you a question - what do YOU think Astrigin is/does?
Posted December 17, 2013

Increase the utilization of "nutrients".
What this means? I have no idea.