Nubreed Nutrition MyoBlast Reviews

Vitamin Shoppe

(25 sv) - [$1.40/sv]

Amazon

Overall
Overall
9.4

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Protein Blend
  • Incredible Taste

I've been around here for over 9 years now, formerly working as a main contributor to the site and the guy that ran it behind the scenes before moving on to do my own thing in the supplement industry. Now that I am in a transition phase between companies, I felt this was the time to drop a review for a product that has been deserving of my attention and review for a long, long time. Thanks to Jeff over at Nubreed for sending it my way to test out and without further ado, let's get MyoBlast the review it deserves.

Ingredient Profile 9.2/10

Some will give the ingredient profile an odd look at first glance seeing that the chosen protein blend consists of milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, micellar casein and whey protein isolate. However, I think that this ingredient profile is stellar and well thought out. The reason being is that a blend of whey/casein has been shown in numerous research studies to illicit the best response in regards to protein synthesis and sustain that effect for the longest duration compared to just whey alone. I also like that they use a higher inclusion of whey protein concentrate as high grade WPC has benefits including immunoglobulins and and other whole food properties that aid in digestion, immune system health and have less issues with degradation. Further improving the profile is the inclusion of digestive enzymes that feature proteases and lactases which help to break down milk, whey, and micellar casein proteins to deliver essential amino acids more efficiently.

Macronutrient wise, this is on point as well. I don't want to hear someone complain about 1.5g of fat and 3g of carbs to go along with 25g of protein. These are naturally occurring and I used this protein in contest prep, so if you're thinking that these minuscule amounts are what will hold you back from any of your goals, you need to take a long, hard look at your diet and other factors. This is a solid winner in my book.

Taste/Mixability 9.8/10

The taste of the flavors I tried were simply incredible. Jeff does a phenomenal job of flavoring products for all things across the board at Nubreed and the MyoBlast is no exception. I had the Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Caramel and they were two of the best flavored proteins I've ever had..and I've had tons of different protein so this is no small feat, especially when I'm not usually a fan of vanilla. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone that is picky about protein flavor...you won't be disappointed and with a lot of flavors to choose from, you'll find one for you. I had no issues mixing and even for a blended protein, which typically has a thicker texture, it was enjoyable to drink and had a smooth consistency, though you may need a touch more water than you are typically accustomed to.

Effectiveness 9.0/10

Keeping this simple. It mixed great and was easy to digest. I judge a protein by how it feels digestively and this was a breeze with no issues so it gets the job done, short and sweet.

Value 9.0/10

This is a touch more pricey than other 2lb proteins on the market, however this is due to the cost of the raw goods that go into the formula. Isolate proteins aren't cheap and the inclusion of digestive enzymes are both cost drivers here, so I really have no complaints. Unless you've worked in the formulation side of things like I have, you really don't get a grasp for how much ingredients really cost. With that knowledge, in reality, the cost of roughly $35 for a 2lb tub with these ingredients is where it needs to be. You pay for quality, folks.

Conclusion 9.4/10

This is one of the best proteins I've tried overall. I love the blend that was used for the profile, the flavor and texture is one of the most enjoyable that I've had the pleasure of drinking and overall, this is a protein that I would highly recommend. The science is solid behind the blend using both whey and casein, the enzymes are on point for added digestive benefit and for those needing a macro-friendly protein will be pleased. A great overall product and for those have yet to try out products from Nubreed should start here.

-AP
    • Vanilla Bean: 9/10
    • Chocolate Caramel: 9/10

• Cray
      TROOPer Level: 64
      April 17, 2017

Look at this garbage review. Dislike. I'm so triggered.

• Frankiemusc
      TROOPer Level: 67
      April 17, 2017

You are always in some sort of transition phase, in between companies, diets, sexuality etc......

• MarsheS
      TROOPer Level: 33
      April 18, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-04-18 14:17:09

What's up with the Effectiveness section? o.O If Protein mainly builds muscle, then why people only talk about how properly the protein is digested?? Even more considering you took several tubs... (inb4whoamItoquestionpetey) but it's the truth, if petey would have been the new guy here, people would have said "hey the effectiveness section needs more information".

I still loved your review, lot of details and it was even funny (the fat and carbs part, etc) but I feel effectiveness lacks information, considering you took several tubs and considering the main function of protein is building muscle and your effectiveness talks nothing about it.

• ODAAT365
      TROOPer Level: 50
      April 20, 2017

^This guy never fails to crack me up. Keeping everyone honest hahaha. Well done Marshes

• petey7408
      April 20, 2017

@MarsheS I see where you're coming from, but there's good reason for this. Believe it or not, protein is protein. I would strongly challenge someone to give a valid reasoning for saying that one protein is more effective than another in how much they gained from it. The minuscule differences that are noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by saying a certain protein is more effective than another. You really don't need a protein supplement period post training, and in my last 10-12 weeks of contest prep, use whole food such as chicken breast, ahi tuna and egg whites for my post workout protein and imagine that...it's just as effective.

-AP

• ODAAT365
      TROOPer Level: 50
      April 20, 2017

See that's why I still gave a thumbs up. If you've been here awhile you know that petey is pretty much the most knowledgeable person here about the truth of building muscle. Thanks for the review petey. Always learn stuff from you.