Super Enzymes Reviews

By: NOW

Super Enzymes is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by NOW. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

November 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enzyme Support
  • Reduce Gas
  • Reduce Bloating
  • Outstanding Value
  • General Health

Solid product for digestion.

After terrible poisoning two years ago, I was diagnosed with chronic deficit of vitamins, minerals and all digestive elements. During this heavy condition I gained huge mass of fat and suffered from almost every problem associated with stomach and bowel, such as: chronic diarrhea, bloating, excessive gas etc. Immediately started intense medication course and drank plenty of pills everyday. I still consume digestive enzymes and Probiotics + Prebiotics supplements, but my health has significantly improved and current pills are much weaker. I used to drink enzymes from two brands: One local brand named Krezam and second German Mezym forte. when I saw price of Now Foods Super Enzymes, immediately decided to purchase.

Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate) 36 mg
    Bromelain (from Pineapple) 120 GDU
    Papain (from Papaya) 100,000 PU
    Cellulase 10 CU
    Acid Stable Protease (Aspergillopepsin) 50 SAPU

Amylase Breaks down Carbs, Protease - Protein, Lipase - fats, Cellulase breaks down cellulose molecule into monosaccharides such as beta-glucose. Both Papain and Bromelain are good support for Protease to break down proteins better. Ox Bile aids the function of the Liver and Gall Bladder, helps produce more bile to digest, process and disinfect fats and proteins. Betaine HCI is for stomach acid production. Calcium's is one of the well-know and consumed mineral, especially benefitial for bone health, teeth, blood etc.

Only capsules are produced and you have to drink one serving during meals. They have no smell or taste, thus easy to swallow. Most relevant ingredients are Amylase, Protease and Lipase, as you can see from Ingredient Profile. From my medication experience 20,000-25,000 Lipase, 18,000-22,500 Amylase and only 1,250-1,500 Protease are completely enough for adult to digest ood, these were amounts found in my Krezam and Mezym forte Enzymes. So dosage is slightly above average and good absorption of macro-nutrients is guaranteed.

As I mentioned above, I still have some gut, stomach health issues and I'm very sensitive too many foods, thus I easily understand which enzymes work and which don't... After 4-5 days of using Super Enzymes, stomach irritation decreased, no bloating, no gas, my body tends to be calm and function ordinary.
    I'm lactose sensitive and whenever I drink whey protein isolate, I add this enzymes to my shake and absorb protein safely. Otherwise after 15-20 seconds my stomach starts bloating and diarrhea strikes!

For $18.56 you can purchase 180 veggie caps on Amazon, thus you pay nearly $0.10 per serving - absolutely affordable and acceptable price.

Side Effects

Absolutely no side effects.

Conclusion

Whether you have serious digestive problems or just looking for better absorption of foods, Now Foods Super Enzymes are best option on market. Except major three enzymes, that break down also three main macro-nutrients, this supplement will add extra plant based sources to improve gut and stomach health. If you are lactose intolerant, you can add this enzymes to your shakes and drink safely. If even this enzymes aren't enough, than it's time to consult physician!

Overall
    Overall
    9.4
    9.9
    (SR paid for product; NOW did not participate)
      May 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enzyme Support
    • Reduce Gas
    • Reduce Bloating
    • Outstanding Value
    • General Health

A must-buy for everyone.

After having some issues with my gut for a few weeks, I decided to turn to supplements for additional support and picked up NOW's Super Enzymes via the TROOPER program as a result. I'm a big fan of NOW as a company. Their products are straightforward, affordable, simple, and without a lot of the BS that permeates the supplement industry. I've had positive experiences with several of their products and expected nothing less from their enzymes.

The profile of Super Enzymes is a blend of various agents that all support digestive function in one way or another. I've included a small summary below of most of the major players.

It's very challenging to evaluate the dosages of each individual component given that, for most of these ingredients, the dose depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, body mass, existing health conditions, etc. These are also ingredients that can be somewhat effective and beneficial, even if the dose is low. Regardless, a quick search showed me that NOW's product had not only one of the most robust and strongly dosed profiles, it was also one of the few that was fully disclosed. Personally I'm trusting in NOW that their enzyme blend is fashioned in a manner that will support most individuals.

Ox Bile Extract - Contains lipase enzymes to break down dietary fat.
      Pancreatin (contains Protease, Amylase, and Lipase) - helps break down proteins, long-chain carbs, and fats.
      Bromelain - Derived from pineapple, bromelain is one of the strongest, safest, and most tested ways to help break down proteins.
      Papain - Supports bromelain and protease to further break down protein.
      Cellulase - Helps break down fiber for optimal nutrition from plant foods.

I followed the instructions and took one cap daily with dinner. Given my results, I did not up to a second cap with another meal, though that was an option.

No issues with taste or cap size. These are relatively small, easy to swallow tablets.

My initial results using Super Enzymes were somewhat mixed. I did mention in my intro I'd been having some lingering gut issues. Nothing major, but enough for me to seek out some products to help with the matter. Unfortunately the main issue of diarrhea I'd been suffering from become much worse not long after starting Super Enzymes. I was honestly surprised and kept expecting the enzymes to rectify this problem. They did not.

What I can say with some confidence is that this problem was not exacerbated or caused by Super Enzymes. I am certain this was due to a different product, BCAA Ripped, that I started taking about two weeks later. I ultimately stopped taking both supplements in mid-April as a result, waited for the issue to clear, and then started taking Super Enzymes again (my apologies for the inconsistency is the history timeline). Thus far I've had no further problems, which leads me to confirm the problem was BCAA Ripped (which also makes sense looking at the profile of that product).

Anyway, that entire issue aside, I did notice an improvement in my levels of bloat and gas while on Super Enzymes. I was MUCH less gassy than normal and felt leaner and tighter in the midsection. I've also continued to lose weight, dropping down to a low of 201 lbs. from a starting weight of 219 in January. Can't specifically point to Super Enzymes as the primary cause of this, but I do believe the digestion optimization is playing a positive role. Since adding a probiotic into the mix my stomach issues have completely cleared (which also suggests my problems were not enzyme-related in the first place, thus SE not fixing the diarrhea), and I'm now far more consistent and regular.

I already mentioned NOW produces affordable products and Super Enzyme is a great example. 180 caps can be purchased on Amazon (Prime eligible no less) for $17.67. That's about .09c per cap and, if you only need one per day like me, we're talking a SIX MONTH supply for under $20. You can't beat that.

Going back to the quick search I performed; NOW had one of the most affordable and complete products on the market. So yeah, you're getting one of the best enzyme profiles available at THE lowest price. Unreal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I highly recommend everyone, even if they're not experiencing direct digestion issues, to consider picking up a bottle of Super Enzymes. The general health and wellness support from this supplement is absolutely worth the pennies a day it cost to run it consistently. I am making Super Enzymes a staple in my every day supplement stack from this point forward.