Kre-Alkalyn Creatine Reviews

By: NOW

Creatine > Kre-Alkalyn
Kre-Alkalyn Creatine is a Kre-Alkalyn Product manufactured by NOW. It is a pH buffered version of creatine monohydrate. It is a more stable version of the traditional version. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

February 10, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength
  • Recovery
  • No Loading Phase
  • No Bloating
  • Costs More Than Classic Creatine Monohydrate
Kre-Alkalyn has become one of the more popular forms of creatine over the past several years. We are all aware of creatines prowess as a great strength, mass, and recovery aid. This product is marketed as a creatine that is more PH stable, doesn't give you a bloated appearance, doesn't require loading, and can be taken at a lower dose for efficiency versus regular creatine monohydrate. I won't get into the debate/discussion of the science behind it and whether it is relavent or not, this review will be more of an overview of Kre-Alkalyn then it is for this specific product as Kre-Alkalyn is the same formula no matter whom you buy it from.

Dosing: I read about several different ways to dose this product on this website and tried several methods. The one that worked best for me was to take two capsules right before lunch time, and then two more mixed into my post-workout protein shake roughly 6-7 hours later. Often times it is recommended to take your initial dose first thing in the morning upon waking, but dosing of this product is something that should be evaluated on an individual basis and curtailed to meet your own personal needs and goals.

Efficiency(9/10): For all the features Kre-Alkayn promotes, it performs well in several facets. Like monohydrate it helps increase muscle strength, and can increase muscle mass through proper training. I experienced similar gains in both areas with each respective product, I worked my butt off and set PRs in three different lifts while on this product(Squat,Deadlift,Bench). Kre-Alkalyn accomplishes these feats at a dose of only 3 grams per day versus 5-10 grams a day on regular monohydrate. The lower doseage and PH stability are what are suppose to help contribute to the "less bloating" aspect of Kre-Alkayln. While I will say that it did perform in this aspect, the differences to me were negligable and it kind of has a "whoop-de-do" factor for me. The "bloating" from monohydrate is really nothing more then a saturation of water in your muscles that is easily shedded after cycling off. It would provide benefit for those trying to cut or recomp in that aspect though. I do like the factor of simple and more convenient dosing that this product offers, overall Kre-Alkalyn provides the same benefits as monohydrate in a smaller package with no loading as advertised. This is a great product for anyone bulking or looking to increase their overall strength.

Value(7/10): While this product is relatively cheap, 28 dollars for 240 capsules (120 servings), you are looking at about 23 cents a serving. However in relation to monohydrate you can find Creapure creatine, which is the best quality monohydrate on the market for around or under 10 cents a serving. So in my opinion you are paying for creatine on top of the "bells and whistles" marketing at double the price for a product that offers similar if not the same results.

Conclusion: While I think that Kre-Alkalyn is a great and effective product, I do not think it is worth the elevated price tag it carries for results you can get for much cheaper. The "perks" that it offers, while nice aren't really worth me diving further into my wallet for. If Kre-Alkalyn were to be a head and shoulders product above monohydrate I would be right on board it's bandwagon, but to me at least it is not all that different from monohydrate. Anyone that is interested or curious in trying Kre-Alkalyn out I urge them to give it a shot, there are several members on this site who swear by it and it is a very effective product. However personally I would recommend good old Creapure Creatine Monohydrate over Kre-Alkalyn.

May 25, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength
  • Endurance
  • Recovery
  • No Loading Phase
  • No Bloating
  • No Cycling
  • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps
  • Costs More Than Classic Creatine Monohydrate
I really like Kre-Alkalyn creatine because of the easiness to use it. There is no loading phase needed, no shakers all around, no "bloat" and water retention and the results are the same as classic monohydrate creatine. All I have to do, is to just take the capsules and go for my workout. The only real drawback is that Kre-Alkalyn costs more than monohydrate but I don't think that the difference is that much.

Anyway, until I bought a 240 capsules bottle from NOW, I had tried Kre-Alkalyn from 3-4 other companies. In one case, my stomach wasn't so... cooperative and I was looking for a change. So, I noticed that NOW has a 240 capsules package, the price was really good and I ordered one.

Although Kre-Alkalyn is a patent and in theory all products should be the same, in practice I have saw the best results from EFX and NOW's versions. I really don't know why but as I see and feel it, these two are so far the best for me.

Speaking of results, while using this product for about 2 months I saw an improvement in strength and endurance as well as recovery. My workouts were better and I was feeling less exhausted than usual after intense trainings.

During this time, some days I was taking 2 capsules before training and another 2 after and some other days 3+3. In off days, just 2 capsules preferably in the morning. Each capsule has 750mg of creatine.

Also, during this time I stacked it with a multivitamin, Fish Oil, whey protein and Uni-Liver.

So, should I recommend this product? Definitely yes. The price is really good, the company is great and this product is a nice tool to improve my performance. 10/10