Dextrose Questions

By: NOW

LBXSH

How much to use for post workout?

December 28, 2011

Been using this product for a while and love it. I've never really paid attention to how much I've been putting in my protein shake post-workout. I usually just add a heaping teaspoon which is around 4.5 grams. I am not sure really how much I should be taking though so my question is how much is a good amount to be taking post workout? Weight is not an issue. In fact I would like to gain a little more weight.

ANSWERS (4)

Manimal
Posted December 28, 2011

If you are trying to pack on some pounds, you need anywhere from 30-70g post workout man. 4.5 won't do much for ya in terms of spiking insulin and igniting protein synthesis.
LBXSH
Posted December 28, 2011

Wow I was way off..Thanks manimal, this is going help a lot.
bigworm89
Posted December 28, 2011

The only thing i hate about this stuff is that it doesn't come with a scoop. So i weighed it on my scale and 1 Regular size protein powder scoop= between 50 and 60g of dextrose.
ruabeyo

@answer # 2

Don't worry about that bro... I had no idea about the carb intake post-workout either... seems we were both in the same boat.

As the fellas said you may want to feel this product out and see how much will be in your best benefit.

I personally take about 30-35g with a ripe banana post-workout and it has been excellent. After really intense workouts...I don't easily run out of energy throughout the day anymore.

Gl man... + rep