CLA Reviews

By: NOW

CLA is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by NOW. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
  May 1, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Weight Loss
I didn't use the pictured product, it was just called 'CLA' by NOW.

I had read a lot about how CLA is supposed to help with lean mass, and how most red meat nowadays doesn't contain as much CLA as it used to because cows aren't given the same feed or what not.
Well I started it about two months ago, taking 3 pills at a time, 3 times a day. It's quite a lot of pills daily, but not a big deal for me.
I took it for two months straight, and to be honest, I didn't notice a damn thing that I could simply contribute to CLA. I was doing normal cardio, and a healthy diet, and I did lose like 5lbs, but I know that was just from me watching my diet and avoiding junk food and doing cardio 4 days a week. It's hard to tell when a product like this is supposed to work, since the studies only show about a pound a month max being lost compared to placebo, but even those results could be false since one pound is like the difference of holding in a fart or not.

So I can't say absolutely that it didn't do crap, and say that it did wonders, because like I said, I did lose some weight... So who knows.
If the studies are totally true, and money isn't a big deal, and taking 9 pills a day isn't a hassle for you, then I guess it could be worth it since most of us aren't consuming the amount of CLA that people used to 30-40 years ago...

• Cray
    May 1, 2011

CLA needs to be used consistently for anywhere from 6-12 months before it really starts becoming effective.

Good review.

• May 1, 2011

Dang! Really 6-12 months to be effective??

• May 1, 2011

So it could be 6-12 months before you know if it works for you or not? Pretty big gamble