(Better than 53% in Greens Supplements)

Greens + Vitality is a Greens Supplement manufactured by Nourish & Bloom. It is intended to help you meet your daily requirement of greens.

Health & Wellbeing > Greens Supplements

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vegan
  • Non-GMO
  • Naturally Flavored And Sweetened
  • Decent Taste
  • No Scooper

Affordable greens supplement that does not taste like pure grass.

Was shopping on bodybuilding.com a few months back when I got a notification that Kaged's testosterone booster was on sale. I needed to purchase something else for free shipping (always gets me), so I found this on a sale as well. Profile looked decent so I decided to try it out.

This profile is not too over-the-top like you may see with some other greens supplements, but it is still a decent profile that uses many patented ingredients. One scoop (did not have one in my bag) provides 25 calories, 11 g of carbs (9 g fiber), and 1 g of protein. For the ingredients, you have the prebiotic fiber blend at 9 g. This is more than a third of your recommended daily intake, so that is really nice to have; especially if you are following a low carb or keto type diet (2 g net carbs per scoop). That blend contains acacia gum, pea fiber, Jerusalem artichoke, oat fiber, blue agave inulin, apple peel, and flax seed. Next is a green superfood blend at 2.5 g containing spirulina, broccoli, kale, and chlorella. I think you all should know by now the benefits of these four foods. Thirdly is PACran, a patented form of cranberry fruit extract at 500 mg to support urinary tract health. You have most likely heard that cranberry juice helps fight UTIs in the past. There is Sunphenon 90D at 300 mg which is a patented (caffeine free) form of green tea leaf extract. Green tea is good as an antioxidant, fighting against free radicals. 200 mg of milk thistle fruit extract is included which provides liver support. Finally there are 100 mg of lemon fruit and 10 mg of cayenne pepper fruit included, which usually benefits digestion.

Taste 7/10: Only see one flavor available currently which is watermelon berry. I did not try this on its own, I only mixed this in with my post workout smoothie, so of course that will affect how it tastes. However, it did not make my smoothie taste gross and I actually really enjoyed the bitterness from the greens to complement the sweet fruits I put in my smoothie. You could tell that this was a little sweeter than your average pure greens supplement due to the addition of Stevia and the natural flavors.

Mixability: Basically a NA since I only used it with a blender in a smoothie post workout.

Dosing: Mix one scoop (again, never had a scoop included; had to use an old scooper from a BCAA product that had a similar measurement) in your favorite beverage.

I usually prefer greens supplements over multi-vitamins because I believe that they are absorbed better by the body and are usually in more of a natural state. I think that the profile was pretty interesting and effective providing my body with different super foods to keep it running smoothly. Fiber is usually something that many Americans do not consume enough of and there is a nice amount contained in here. I really like how it is vegan, non-GMO, uses patented ingredients, and naturally flavored and sweetened. It is also a good idea to have it a fruit flavor rather than your normal greens product that is just too bitter to be palatable. I did not have any problems consuming this multiple times a week and it tasted great when mixed with fruit and unflavored protein powder in a smoothie.

I originally bought it on sale from bodybuilding for $18 for 30 servings. That came out to $0.60 a serving. They are currently running a deal that has this priced at $15 for 30 servings, which is obviously even better. I think that is a good value either way. It looks like it is normally about $1 per serving, which still is not even too bad.

Side Effects

Fiber content could be too much for some people (9 g per serving). I did not experience any problems from it, though.

Conclusion

Definitely would recommend picking this up if you are looking for an affordable greens product that does not taste like dirt. Currently at $0.50 a serving, I cannot see how you can go wrong unless you just cannot stand the taste of anything with a hint of vegetable taste to it. Really the only bad thing I can say about this for what you are expecting to receive from a greens supplement is that it did not come with a scooper. That could have been a one-time mistake or maybe the whole batch did not receive it or something, but I am sure you should have a comparable scooper somewhere at home if that is the case.
  • Watermelon Berry: 7/10

• Unheard0f
    June 12, 2018

For reviews sake, I would've mixed it on it's own just to try out the taste, just so the review gives an all around idea to people who might not be interested in blending it into a smoothie. I know I'd rather throw them down in water real quick, get it done and over with.

Great review, though!

• JayT
    June 12, 2018

I mean taste is all subjective anyway. I could have said that this was absolutely great and then you try it and wonder what the hell I'm talking about. I can't see trying a greens supplement in just water even if it's flavored. That's probably why anyone hardly ever buys them and chooses multi vitamins instead lol

• Unheard0f
    June 12, 2018

You're absolutely right! It's happened to me plenty of times haha

Advertisement: