Ultimate Omega 2x Reviews

By: Nordic Naturals

Ultimate Omega 2x is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Nordic Naturals. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
  January 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Natural Triglyceride
  • Third Party Tested
  • Wild Caught Fish

I'm 28 years old, and I lift 5 days a week, mostly heavy lifting as I'm a powerlifter, but one day is a bro day for accessories/volume.

I always have fish oil in my stack. It offers a number of benefits: reduces triglycerides, blood pressure, inflammation, and symptoms of depression to name a few.

I've always heard great things about Nordic Naturals, so I got a bottle in September to try out

The only notable ingredient here is fish oil, sourced from anchovies and sardines. You want the source to be a small fish as they have less toxins in them than larger fish.

One serving is 2 capsules, which gives us 2150mg omega 3s.

The breakdown is 1125mg EPA, 875 DHA, and 150mg other.

This is a very good dose. Assuming you have normal health, you want at least 250-500mg omega 3s a day. If you have certain risk factors, your doctor may recommend a higher dose, e.g. 1-2g omega 3s a day.

You could be just fine taking half a dose a day (or even half a dose 3 days a week).

There's no taste here as it's a pill product. It's lemon scented, but I didn't taste anything. I also didn't get any fish burps. I do, though, keep my fish oil in the freezer, which should prevent that.

There's no mixability either.

I used one capsule a day. I don't have any of the present risk factors, so that was an ample dose for me

Without medical testing, it can be hard to assess the effectiveness of fish oil. Many of the benefits are not ones that you would feel.

I did, though, notice some distinct benefits after switching to Ultimate Omega 2x. One was joint relief. I noticed that my joints were over all less strained than they usually are.

The other benefit was improved brain function, in particular, I noticed better concentration and less sluggishness.

Nordic Naturals is not cheap. I spent just over $60 for the 120 pill bottle, and it often retails for $70-75. Many popular brands cost less 1/3 of this.

That being said, UOII is one of the best fish oil products you can buy. Nordic Naturals is a member of GOED (the premier omega 3 trade group). This means that Nordic Naturals products are randomly tested for purity, oxidation, and label accuracy. It also means that Nordic Naturals uses natural triglyceride form fish oil instead of a synthetic ether. Natural is more bioavailable, but it is more expensive to reduce.

NN uses wild caught fish, and it offers its certificate of analysis upon request.

In terms of quality, it's hard to find fault with this product, but it will be out of budget for some.

It's like getting a $30 bottle of wine. It's better than the $10 bottle on the lower shelf, but it's not 3 times better, so whether or not you spring for it depends on your taste/budget.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I thought this is a very nice product, and I will order some more. That being said, if it's too expensive, you would be just fine taking a larger dose of a cheaper product. That will work too, but make sure it's a good brand. There are a number of dodgy fish oil products out there.

• Clipper83
    January 28, 2018

Thank you for mentioning the triglyceride aspect. Something most people don't know about.

• Momo1
    January 29, 2018

Nice review! This product is great, I have my day who is 80 on it and he loves the benefits.