Knee Sleeves Reviews

By: Nordic Lifting

Knee Sleeves is a Workout Equipment Product manufactured by Nordic Lifting. It is designed specifically for workouts and can maximize results and time spent working out.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Comfortable
  • Effective
  • Useful
  • Warmth
  • Blood Flow
  • Recovery
  • Be Mindful Of The Size You Purchase

Happy New Year SR Community!

It's been quite a while since I've submitted a review, mostly because I've transitioned into being a Full-Time Lecturer; so now I keep weird hours, sit more than I used to, and go to sleep deep into the night (which itself is a problem I have to fix: lack of quality sleep). But, this is all directly related to the product I am reviewing: Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves, and will be one of two separate but, related reviews (the second being for wrist straps).

Compression

First, a little summary of what I've read.

There are four (4) types of knee braces, and Knee Sleeves are one type, although technically they are not braces. Knee Sleeves offer some support, and are primarily designed to protect the knee from future injury or reduce the risk of damage. This is ideal for those of us who are actively putting our knees under stress via weight lifting (or other activity). Knee sleeves add Compression that creates warmth, limits patella movement, encourages blood flow, provides mechanical support, and can increase something called Proprioception (the capacity to feel the position of a joint in space as sensed by the central nervous system).

Usage

The Knee Sleeves are only needed for exercises where the knee is involved, squats, snatch, clean and jerk, etc. and for loads which progress towards a decent amount of weight.

These are now always on my knees when I do leg work, and I work my legs twice a week: presses/squats one day, and lunges, deads, and single-joints the other day. My knees feel warm throughout the workout, never stiffen, don't hurt, there is no restriction on my range of motion, and I have been able to "feel" my muscles better because I am not mentally preoccupied with knee discomfort or pain (said pain being workout related, and nothing chronic or injury related). What is even better, the next day I wake up to glorious MUSCLE PAIN from my workout, not KNEE PAIN or STIFFNESS. This has led to me changing my workouts and I can see progress, because there is a huge difference in HOW I approach my leg workouts: I do more sets, reps, and go heavier. I also squat a little deeper on my heavy sets because I feel more confident I will be able to walk the next day. Could not be happier, because I was not sure what to expect and if the Knee Sleeves would be worth the cost.

These are neoprene and I paid 50 bucks for these and I've been using them for six (6) weeks. I wipe them after workouts and they are machine washable but, I prefer to clean them by hand and let them air dry. No signs of wear thus far. I have seen many others for cheaper, but as I haven't tried those, I don't know how they hold up - but, compression: I'm sold. And, 50 bucks for something that lasts me 6 months or a year - although so far these look like they will last a long time - is definitely worth it.

Side Effects

When I first put them on it felt weird: my legs kicked forward like there was a spring attached. And, the seam at the back - if I put it on a bit off center, it pinches for a while before it settles in. I did purchase a medium for a tight fit (a large was more the size I should have gotten based on the measurement scale suggested), so if I bought another in the future I would take a large; but, I like the tight fit so maybe I'd buy both sizes and alternate depending on the exercises I'm doing. The joy of feeling no knee pain after leg day/s :)

Conclusion

Sometimes I wonder WHY I don't know about these things before I try them. I wonder about all those days hobbling around after leg day at work, climbing stairs and cursing under my breath, feeling my knees stiffen while I'm seated doing lectures or grading assignments, walking around campus like I'm unfit, sigh. Lol. I don't experience these issues any more and I can move around with my students (I teach Film Production) without skipping a beat. At any rate, I highly recommend Knee Sleeves!

• chefneilde

great review, thanks

• MarsheS

I need one of these...

• krystian
    January 6, 2017

Np - chefneilde! MarsheS - get one! I can't say enough how much these have helped me and they are worth every dollar I spent.

• ODAAT365
    January 9, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-01-09 11:43:42

I have a pair of Re band brand sleeves that literally cured all my knee pain. Especially in my right knee which has been banged up snowboarding on two separate occasions and always hurt. Best investment I have ever made into lifting gear. I was amazed. Nice review.