SWELL - Pump & Focus Pre Workout Reviews

By: NooWave Supplement Co.

(Better than 89% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

SWELL - Pump & Focus Pre Workout is a Pump Product manufactured by NooWave Supplement Co.. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

January 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • PUMP
  • Focus
  • DID I MENTION PUMP
  • Hydration
  • Limited Availability
- Introduction -
Preworkouts are probably the most popular supplement to use on the market. If you have been paying attention to it, lately the stims are somewhat getting out of hand again with some pre's having up to 500mg of caffeine in one serving. Too much caffeine can cause some ill effects, and for someone like myself I like to limit my daily intake of caffeine. I have tried stim free preworkouts in the past, typically I was disappointed in them except for one of my all time favorites from Transparent Labs, and up until now their stim free pre was one of the few I actually liked. Enter NooWave Swell, a stim free pre not only promising pump, but focus as well. This was exactly what I was looking for to add to my workouts. During my usage of this, Swell was used for mainly body-weight and some strength workouts with about a 60 minute duration.

- Ingredient Profile -
The profile is one of the best I have seen for a stim free in terms of balance. They have the typical pump ingredients such as L-Citrulline, Glycerol and Agmatine which are all proven pump supplements, and I love the addition of Alpha GPC and Noopept as an added focus to a stim free product. Overall the ingredients are solid, the one thing that I wish they would have added is Beta Alanine, which is one of my favorite supps to use, but its not necessarily a deal breaker.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
Taste was excellent, and I never grew tired of it at all. Has a nice balanced taste, not too sweet like a few I have had in the past. Mixability was great as well, never had any clumping or residue left over with a few shakes in a shaker bottle. Dosing was easy with one scoop about 30 minutes prior to my workouts.

- Effectiveness -
For stim free preworkouts the one thing you typically do not expect much of is focus and energy. However with Swell from NooWave, the focus was surprisingly good for a stim free. Its not laser focused type, but more of a smooth and calming focus and energy that reaches its peak about 50-60 minutes after taking it, and last with minimal fading throughout the day. Focus was excellent in terms of being stim free. Now for the best catagory; pump. The pumps were great, which is to be expected with the absence of caffeine which hinders the pump effect. I found that the pump I got from Swell one was of the better pump effects I have seen in a stim free or stimulated preworkout. The endurance I got from this was also somewhat excellent, better than I expected it to be due to the lack of beta alanine. Overall my workouts on Swell were great, the focus was there, pump was great as well as the energy and endurance, however one benefit I really liked about using this was that my sleep seemed better. Most likely due to the lack of caffeine in my daily intake, I slept for a shorter duration than normal, but the sleep quality felt better overall. Just an added benefit of limiting or completely removing caffeine and other stims from my daily intake.

- Value -
When it comes to pricing and value, I like to take in account the size of the businesses. Big businesses can sell for less, because costs are less when purchasing in bulk as well as other variables, verses a small business putting there product on the market.

Reg price is $42.99 which is high for a 30 servings pre, but you can get a 15% off coupon that would bring it down to $35, or if I am correct there is a THANKS10 coupon code that takes $10 off your order from NooWave which is a great deal for this. Overall the value is there, its a smaller company so I do not mind paying a little more for their products.

- Conclusion -
NooWave is an innovative company, and so far every one of their products they have brought to market has been dosed very well, and has worked. Their High Performer supplement is my favorite nootropic supp to use, and I'm looking forward to ordering a few of their new products in the future and Swell is just another example of a solid product they have put out. Excellent product, I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great stim free pre.
  • Blackberry Lemonade: 8/10

December 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • PUMP
  • Recovery
  • Hydration

First I would like to thank NooWave for sending SWELL out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I mainly used this supplement during my PH stack since it was non-stim and I wanted even bigger pumps. SWELL delivered for the most part, but I've honestly had better pumps and vascularity from a few previous brands.

Ingredient profile for active ingredients is fully disclosed just the way we like it! I liked reading through the label because they used various ingredients you don't commonly see in a pre-workout, but that's to kinda be expected since they are a Nootropic based brand. I've briefly covered ingredients of interest.

You get to start off with 500mg's of raw coconut water, which is great for giving your body hydration and potassium before even hitting the weights. Or cardio if that floats your boat. Got a nice dosage of 50mg niacin to get them blood vessels open and ready for sweating.

Agmatine sulfate if going to start my discussion off for pumps coming in at 1g. This is a nice dosage to complement 3g's of citrulline and an ingredient called norvaline. Then the focus portion is 20mg of noopept and 300mg of Alpha GPC. Not the highest dosage, but I'm guessing it was intended to be this way in case you stack this with their POWR stim based workout supplement.

A nice pump profile. Me personally would like to see 1.5g's of agmatine sulfate, but that's me being a pump chaser haha

Taste isn't bad. The flavor is blackberry lemonade and had a nice twang to it, but mixing was a little bad for me. Kept having a layer at the top of my drink so basically had to keep shaking and drinking. Dosing of 1 scoop is good enough, though a couple of days at the end I used two for greater pumpage.

The pumps were pretty decent but nothing above other brands I've tried. Muscles were nice and full going into workout, but no vascularity for me until I added some more agmatine sulfate from another source. Strength was not really increased, but I was able to continuously lift and recovered pretty well during use. Focus was somewhat there, but nothing omazing for this part either.

Basically the supplement works for pumps and some focus, which is what they intended anyways. I think it's probably better mixing this with a stim pre-workout unless you just want to feel good before going out or something.

$40.99 for 30 servings isn't too bad. That's just a bit below $1.50 a serving and the ingredients are pretty up there in quality. Plus I won't ding it too bad because NooWave is still entering the market, and I'm sure it will lower eventually. I'd only have an issue if it was some ridiculous price like I've seen other newer brands do. You get what you pay for, and at least it's 30 servings and not 20 being a PWO.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

Overall a nice non-stim pre workout that gives decent pumps and supports muscle recovery. I'd recommend this to people so they can give it a try. After years of supplement use, I can say that pump products definitely vary between each person's body type without caffeine being added in. Thanks again for letting me review your SWELL supplement NooWave.
    • Blackberry Lemonade: 7/10

December 7, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus
    • PUMP

Hello, I am always looking for products to help reach my goals. Currently my goals consist of loosing fat and gaining muscle. As a 44 year old guy, it doesn't come as easily as it does for the younger guys. I hit the weights 3 to 4 times per week, hit cardio on the other days. I also have been working on my diet and for the most part have been able to keep it clean. Thanks to the Trooper program and Noowave supplements for allowing me to run this product.

Fully listed profile which is awesome. I really appreciate it when I know what is going in my body. For the rest of this, I will hit the ingredients that I found interesting.

Raw Coconut water concentrate at 500mg. I am not sure on the research, but it seems to be a thing that has potential. I have found that it helps me, and that is what is important.

Muscle Pump and Vascularity:
    3g of citruline malate, which some people would like more. I however don't. 3g is about what I seem to need and be able to tolerate.

Agmatine Sulfate at 1g. 1 to 2 grams seems to be the dosage that I could find listed anyway. The important part is it helps with pumps, and I could tell that it was working for me. Also on a side note it can help with mental clarity.

l-Norvaline at 250mg. I found the dosages ranged all over the place for this, with this product being on the higher end.

Mind Muscle Connection:
    Alpha GPC at 300mg. Which is on the lower end, however when you stack with Powr you get 600mg which is what I found worked both benefits of this ingredient, which is cognitive in lower dosages and can help with power output at a higher dose(600mg).

Noopept at 20mg, with 10 to 30mg being the standard I found. This helps with boosting the brain, which we all need.

Absorption:
    5mg of Bioperine, which is the dose I always see. This helps with absorption, which is always important. Because if it doesn't get into our system it doesn't really matter does it.

I received the Blackberry Lemonade, (Enlightened Lemonade). Not sure of the double label but it was an acceptable flavor. Actually it was rather enjoyable. Also was usable when I wanted to stack this with a caffeinated pre-workout.

I found that this product mixed easily with a few shakes of the shaker. It does have a little texture to it but all in all I found that it was very drinkable and easy to keep mixed up.

The suggesting dosing is One scoop in 8 to 10 ounces of water 30 minutes pre-workout on training days. I found that timing wasn't exact, as sometimes I was running late and starting working out within 15 minutes, sometimes I didn't make it until 45 minutes or so. I still say it was pretty easy to get this into your system before starting activities.

This is a pump, vascularity, focus product. As such I will say for me 2 out of three. When using this product I could feel a fullness in my muscles. I also sensed more blood flowing as it seemed to make the workouts easier. Vascularity on the other hand I really didn't notice, however since I am not that skinny (yet) I don't think any product would make me a veiny monster. Lastly we have focus. To this I say yes, yes it did. I would take this at various times during the day and it always helped me zone in on what I needed to do. I often used this as my evening pre-workout as I didn't have to worry about caffeine keeping me up later than normal. When I stacked this it also seemed to help and work synergistically with the other product.

Currently as of 12/7/2016 their website has this for $42.99 for 30 servings. Amazon has it for $40.99, ($1.37 per serving). Now honestly I think it is a little high, I like my pre-workouts to only cost about a dollar per serving. However this is a newer company and I will assume prices might go down through better sales or more servings per container. Long and short of it is that this worked, so I still will occasionally be using it in my supplement usage.

Side Effects

I didn't have any negative side effects. Since this product doesn't have Caffeine you don't have to worry about crashing.

Conclusion

As you can probably guess, I would tell you to give this a try. Honestly there are not many pre-workouts without caffeine that actually work. So if only for those days when you still need to sleep after a great workout, you should have a container of this on the shelf. I can only imagine that the cost will come down as they are able to distribute this through multiple channels. I also say if you stack it with their Powr pre-workout you get an even better workout. This however obviously tanks the value, as both of them are over a dollar a serving. Still this is a very nice addition to the pre-workout market and I will look forward to seeing what else they might come up with. Lastly remember that you get what you pay for, so save up and shell out some cash.......

December 2, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • PUMP
    • Focus
    • DID I MENTION PUMP
    • Limited Availability
    Time for one of my favorite pre workout reviews to do, non stimulant! Just about any supplement company can pour stimulants into a product and give you an instant kick. It takes more for a company to deliver a non stimulant pre workout that works and works well. Thank you to NooWave Supplement Co. for putting their product Swell up for review through the TROOPS.

When I think of a non stimulant pre workout I want certain things checked off

-Transparent and clinical dosing
    -Deliver the pump and mind muscle connection

Simple right? Well not always but NooWave makes it seem easy. Let me do a quick run down of what they have stacked with Swell.

-3g L-Citrulline, sure could be more but the 3g with the other additives worked
    -2g Hydramax
    -1g Agmatine
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Seriously probably the first trifecta of pump ingrediants I've ever seen stacked, and theres GLPC and Norvaline.

They also hit the mind muscle connection with Noopept and Alpha GPC both at great doses.

I had the lemonade favor and even though it was a bit tart for my taste I was liking it with water in the 16-20oz range, just my personal need. Dosing I did 1 scoop 20 minutes pre workout. I tried 2 scoops once and it was overkill and not needed nor recommend. It did seem to take a little more shaking then most pre workouts to get the powder completely dissolved.

THE PUMP!!!!!

I can't stress enough how amazing this product is with delivering the pump. The ingredients they provide alone work well, together it's like a key that unlocked a door to a whole new world. Just this morning I did my last workout with Swell and it had to be arm day. I incorperate high rep, low rep and most of all squeezing the muscle to increase blood flow. The pump was awesome and Swell delivers on it's name for sure. I always see crazy "skin ripping pump" on products and never get them. Not the case with Swell.

The mind muscle connection delivered with the pump is what sets this product above the rest for me. Without the focus you won't get the workout you desire. With Swell I was tuned in like a deer in headlights. Sure there was no energy from the lack of caffeine or stimulants but it's not needed with how NooWave built this product. I will admit I snuck in 200mg caffeine a few times to try it out and liked it better without the caffeine. I mentioned I tried 2 scoops and it was overkill. I had the whole beta alanine tingle side effect which I found odd since obviously it's not in here! It's from the pump products I'm sure. But stick to one scoop it's all you need!

So this is where NooWave and Swell gets hit just a little. NooWave only has Swell available direct and it comes to around $50 including shipping. While a bit high its understandable being they're a new supplement company. And being they offer the best pump pre workout I've ever tried it's only a matter of time before we see this in retailers with a more competitive price tag.

Conclusion

I always enjoy trying out a new company, and I'm happy I took the chance with NooWave. Swell delivers as hands down the best non stimulant pump pre workout I've ever tried. Didn't matter the diet, workout or any distracting surroundings I was focused and had an intense workout. NooWave has a winner on their hands and if it's an indication to what else they'll do I'm excited to try other products by them.

December 1, 2016

Cons:

Gilla likes pumpz. He tried a product from a company with trendy marketing. It's trendy because it's "Noowave", not "Newwave", because they are Nootropic products, Get it?! GET IT?! Funky marketing aside, I do like the niche this company is going for with their mind altering products for all types of people, like "The Scholar" giving that Adderall like edge to the nerds out there studying up on their nuclear physics. "The Socialite" for the solo cup carrying brah looking to get his way in with the cute undergrads. Then there's the products for us meatheads, "SWELL" and "POWR", so we can get our brain on while picking up heavy objects then putting them down.

SWELL is the PUMP product in the lineup, which is caffeine free. Delightful.

The "Muscle Pump and Vascularity" section is fully disclosed as 3G of Citrulline, 2G of Hydromax, 1G of Agmatine, 500mg of GPLC and 250mg of Norvaline. Overall, on paper this is an extremely solid lineup, hitting great doses of Agmatine, Hydromax and Norvaline even with one scoop.

The "mind-muscle connection" section is also disclosed with 300mg of Alpha GPC and 20mg of Noopept. 20mg seems to be quite the "middle ground" in terms of 10mg being a "standard" dose and 30mg sort of being the recommended maximum.

Trace amounts of vitamins B and C, along with some Bioperine for absorption are president.

Oh and half a gram of coconut water, num num.

It appears this product is only available in "Enlightened Lemonade" also known as "Blackberry Lemonade". Not sure why blackberries make you feel enlightened, but whatever. This flavor seems to be becoming quite popular choice, with SIREN also coming out recently as well. The flavoring of Swell was a bit tastier than SIREN. It appeared there was more sweet berry action, it was more pronounced. I did enjoy this flavor. It was swell.

Mixability was surprisingly good given the amount of Hydromax thats apparently in each serving. Hydromax is traditionally the clumpiest mofo in the game, but this powder was pure.

1 scoop. Son.

I used this product as I do with pump products in a couple of ways, both in conjunction with a PWO and as a standalone.

When bundled with a PWO, Swell does well to give it a bit of a pumpy boost. There were a number of workouts where I got that meaty shine going on and felt fully inflated. A number of uses I had that SKIN TEARING SHRED feeling that we know and love. The focus elements when combined with the caffeine in a PWO gave me a great mental edge and never let me down during a single use. I never had a dragging ass feeling during a workout and wanted to continue lifting throughout.

As a standalone product during my second session days, Swell gave me that second-lift re-inflate that I like to get from a product after my morning gym pump glow wears off over the course of the day. I never experienced the SKIN TEARING PUMPZ the second time around, but I did get a bit pumped a bit back up. The bigger edge with this product, is the focus aspect. I didn't take a caffeine product to pick me up during the second workout, because I'm not a complete stimhead, so I usually need something to keep me going during those second sessions. This worked well here, as I was always focused on my lifting and never bored and switching to cardio earlier than I sometimes do when I lose focus.

Biggest negative. This product is apparently only available from the brand's website. This works if Noowave eventually grows their brand as THE "brain guys" in the supplement industry, but now, it just means their product retails for $43 for 30 servings plus a shipping charge. About $50 for 30 servings? Better hope Santa brings you some of that #$^& this year...

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

Overall, I like what this company is doing with their vision of themselves. They've got a goal and they are putting a variety of products out there and tapping a number of markets. For us meatfreaks, Swell is a pretty nice option to get our Smart Pump on. You may need to get a second job bagging groceries to be able to afford a tub of this stuff though. But if your bank account is yuuuuugeeeeeee, it's a nice option in the Mind-y Meat-y Market.