Ranks #11 (better than 52%)
In: Energy Supplements > Nootropics

NooCaffeine is a Nootropic manufactured by NooWave Supplement Co.. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

Energy Supplements > Nootropics

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 38
  April 21, 2017

(Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Before I start I want to thank NooWave Supplement Co for participating in the SR TROOP Program. They have been very active in this program and I've had the opportunity to review a few supplements from their line. The main reason I really wanted to try NooCaffeine was because of the environment I work in. Working in a surgery/recovery setting I don't have much time to drink coffee or energy drinks. This seemed like a simple solution for the days that were dragging.

----Ingredient Profile----
The NooCaffeine ingredient profile is really simple only containing three (3) main ingredients. First off there are two different types of caffeine that both have different timing effects. Caffeine Citrate (100mg) is the first ingredient listed, this is a combination of caffeine (50% caffeine by mass) and citric acid. You feel the effect from this form much quicker than you do with Dicaffeine Malate (Infinergy). Infinergy (100mg) is the second form of caffeine listed, its formed by the combination of malic acid (malate) and caffeine (73% caffeine by mass). This has a more long drawn out effect but is milder with its effects. Third and final ingredient is L-Theanine (200mg) which is an amino acid known for increasing cognitive focus.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Dosing - The bottle suggests taking 1-2 capsules whenever focus is needed. During this review I only took one capsule at a time when I needed a boost of energy during work. This took the place of a cup of coffee or an energy drink. If wanted I believe this would be a great product to stack with a pre-workout.

----Effectiveness----
I used NooCaffeine as a stand-alone energy/focus booster before and during work when needed. Depending on the day I'd take this first thing in the morning before work or during work on longer days. As I noted earlier on I only took one capsule and that seemed to give me enough boost of energy to help me get through work. I can't say my alertness or energy was anything crazy or overpowering.. It did seem that the effectiveness slowly went down after use however there was no crash. I'd say this would be best suited in a stack with a product like NooWave The Socialite or with a pre-workout with low stims.

----Value----
The cheapest value I found was on Amazon for $16.72 for 20 servings. Each serving (capsule) costs the user around .84 cents or $1.68 for 2 capsules if that's what you need. Depending on your usage the price isn't bad but its also not great. Only other website I found this on was at NooWave for a price of $19.99 but I also saw they offer a 15% discount.

----Side Effects----

----Conclusion----
Overall in conclusion this was just an ok product compared to other NooWave supplements I've reviewed in the past. Did it do everything to include: Increase alertness, energy and focus? Yes it did, however I was expecting a bit more. This would be best suited to use as part of a stack with a pre-workout with low stimulants or with a nootropic. Once again I appreciate NooWave Supplement Co for giving me this opportunity to review NooCaffeine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Better Alertness
  • Better Mood
    workoutguru
    TROOPer Level: 65
      April 12, 2017

(Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
    First off I want to thank NooWave supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is my first ever NooWave product I have tried. I see that this company has been coming out with some newer products geared toward focus and energy. This product is going to help you more with energy and some focus.

Ingredients:
    This pretty is simple. This is made up of three main ingredients
    Caffeine Citrate 100mg
    Dicaffeine Malate as infingery 100mg
    L-Theanine 200mg.

I like how they use the two different kinds of caffeine so it hits you at different times. The caffeine citrate is a quick acting caffeine that will hit you right away so you start to feel it a lot quicker. The dicaffeine malate is fused with malic acid which works to buffer the salts in caffeine, allowing for easier digestion while also replenishing the energy produced by caffeine. This helps to minimize that post caffeine crash. This is also a bit more milder of a caffeine and it lasts longer. The L-Theanine combined with the two types of caffeine will help give you that cognitive enhancing effects. The caffeine will help increase your level of alertness, while Theanine will help to reduce some of the anxiety and nervousness that can occur when using stimulants. This translates to an alert and focused state.

Value:
    The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com for $16.72 for 20 servings. The only other place that you can get this is on their website and they want $19.99. This company is not widely available and would like to see more sites start carrying their products. The price they want on amazon I don't think is to bad for a product like this. I would not want to spend any more than $20 at most for a product like this.

Taste:
    These come in pill form so no real taste to them at all. I know sometimes pills can leave a weird taste in your mouth but not with these.

Mixing/Dosing:
    Nothing to mix. The dosing is pretty simple. It says to take 1-2 capsules whenever focused energy is desired. I started out with 1 capsules for awhile and then upped it to 2 which I found to be a lot more effective for me. I would normally take this in the mornings to help get me going more. This could also be stacked with your pre-workout or any other supplements you may use.

With this product they claim it will help you with energy, alertness, and focus. I would take this mainly in the mornings before work to help give me a little more energy and help me feel more alert and give me some better focus. I found it to be ok on energy. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. I could feel a slight buzz of energy but nothing real crazy like. I would have liked it to have been a little stronger. If your doing one capsule you won't really notice to much of an energy boost. If you up this to two capsules it will hit you a little harder but still nothing that I was real crazy about. I would say if your taking a pre-workout that's not real heavy on stims this would be good to stack with it to help give you a little more on stims. I know at first when I started to take this I could feel it a bit but after awhile it did not seem to be as effective for me.

My alertness and focus was ok. I never noticed any real laser like focus from this but then again it does not have anything else in this besides the theanine to help with focus. I do like that they use a good amount of theanine but would like some other stuff in here to help more. I know this is more of an energy based product rather than focus. I felt that the bit of focus it gave me was good at first but seemed to wear off not long after and I took it. My over all alertness was ok nothing that really got my attention in the way of alertness. I know after I was using this for awhile I started to feel like this was not doing much for me anymore. I think a product like this is better if you are stacking it with something else like a pre-workout or amino product more so than on it's own.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
    I thought overall this was an ok product. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. It did help me some but nothing I was real crazy about. When I first started to use it I could feel it more but after awhile it seemed to be less effective for me. I would say if you need a little something extra to add to your pre-workout or amino product then this would be good to use with it. On it's own I did not think it was real outstanding and overly effective. It's not a horrible product but just did not do a real lot for me. If I would have been stacking this with my pre-workout I think it would have been more effective for me and feel this is how you should be using it. I think for a product like this it is really not worth having again unless I am going to be stack it with something else. I would say if you can get a good deal on it it's worth maybe giving a try at least once but I don't think it would be something you would want as one of your staple products to have all the time. Again I want to give a big shout out to NooWave for letting me have the chance to try this.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Focus
    • Better Alertness
    • Better Mood