Ranks #12 (better than 45%)
In: Energy Supplements > Nootropics

NooCaffeine is a Nootropic manufactured by NooWave Supplement Co.. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

Energy Supplements > Nootropics

htevans
TROOPer Level: 38
  May 30, 2017

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!

NooWave went with a simple but effective profile with 200mg of L-Theanine and 100mg of caffeine citrate and Infinergy (Dicaffeine Malate). L-Theanine helps moderate the negative effects of caffeine and can improve mood along with other benefits. The primary purpose in a nootropic caffeine pill like this would be to lessen the negatives like shaking/tremors that some people get with caffeine and to improve mood. Caffeine Citrate is a faster acting form of caffeine whereas Infinergy is a patented slower form. Furthermore, caffeine citrate is billed as being faster than caffeine anhydrous; I couldn't tell a real difference. Together, the two should provide an extended energy boost with minimal crash. There isn't much more you could want in a caffeine pill. I'd even argue that adding more to this would venture outside of caffeine pill territory.

These are small white capsules that are very easy to swallow. The dosing is simple: one-two whenever needed. The bottle suggests taking it on an empty stomach but that's not always possible. I never took two capsules at once and typically took one in the morning or one in the afternoon after lunch. Occasionally, I took two in the same day. Pretty simple stuff.

This worked about as well as you might expect it to from reading the ingredient profile. I got a sudden burst of energy after about 15 minutes and it usually lasted a few hours (approximately 4-6). I noticed a slightly quicker onset when I took a capsule in the morning which is likely a byproduct of my small breakfasts. The energy was never a "cracked out" type of feeling but rather a smooth energy. For example, after lunch I typically get the itis so I usually take some form of caffeine to combat the afternoon slump. While this product had me as awake and alert as I was before lunch, I never became jittery or felt too pent up with energy. Additionally, these effects lasted right up until I would leave work. There's about 5 hours from lunch to end of business so that's pretty good. Also, I never really felt a sudden end or "crash" to the energy boost. It kind of faded off and within an hour of leaving work I'd start to feel tired and noticeably more sluggish.

Although NooWave claims this will hit you faster than caffeine anhydrous products I could not tell a discernible difference. Maybe I felt energized <5 minutes quicker but it wasn't so noticeable that I remember it. Compared to doses in the evening, in the morning I felt a little more energy but that's more a side effect of my small breakfasts than it is any particular form of caffeine.

Currently, a 20 servings (20ct) bottle goes for $16.72 on Amazon with Prime; that's $0.84 a capsule. While much cheaper than an energy drink, coffee, or other energizing options, it is relatively expensive for a caffeine pill. I've gone into detail in previous reviews about caffeine pricing and long story short, you can get caffeine pills for about $0.05 a piece. Of course, those options are solely providing caffeine anhydrous, but it gets the job done good enough. Therefore, a $0.84/pill is a bit pricey for a caffeine pill but this is a fair price for the different forms of caffeine, especially with one being patented, and L-theanine. It could be a bit better, perhaps by switching to caffeine anhydrous or increasing the small bottle size. Still, at a bare minimum it is worth the cost since it is better than more expensive energy options like energy drinks, etc. That being said, as a struggling college student I'll probably stick to more bare bones options. If I ever decide to indulge in the caffeine pill market, however, then this would be well within reasonable price ranges and a no-brainer.

I also deduct 0.5 for the small bottle size. Caffeine pills are so versatile that someone can easily use two bottles in a month. A larger bottle would not only be more cost effective for consumers but it would also negate having to continually order bottles. I'd suggest a 60ct bottle at minimum with a 100ct being preferred in my mind.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

8.5/10
I get a 8.5 from averaging the scores for the value, effectiveness, and ingredient profile categories as they are the most relevant here. Unless I experienced serious side effects or extreme difficulties with dosing/taste then I discount those rating for the most part. I deducted an additional 0.5 from the 9 average because I feel value is perhaps the most important factor behind effectiveness when talking about caffeine pills. In this case, it really comes down to, "should I upgrade from a basic caffeine anhydrous pill and spend more? Is it worth it?" Ultimately, I believe it is worth it if you can afford the indulgence. If you are someone trying to cut some fluff out of your supplement budget though (they can get pricey quick) then this is an area to do it as the difference will be one of the least notable across the various categories. Regardless of your budget though, if you try this product you will not regret it!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Better Alertness
  • Better Mood
  • Small Bottle Size
abailey108
TROOPer Level: 45
  April 29, 2017

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!

I feel like I start off a lot of my reviews saying something along the lines of "this should be a quick and to the point" review, and then end up rambling on. I'm going to try and stand by my word this time. Thanks a lot to Noowave Supplement Company for sending this out to us and letting us give it a try. One disclaimer I will add is that I am very stim tolerant. As of late I have been limiting my caffeine intake to just my PWO, other than using this product.

Very simple and fully disclosed ingredient profile.

100mg Caffeine Citrate
100mg DiCaffeine Malate (As Infinergy)
200mg L-Theanine

I like the profile and the approach they took here. It is basically aimed at a quick delivery of long-lasting energy without a crash, which is pretty much how they describe it. The addition of the L-Theanine is for positive cognitive effects and is clinically dosed in my opinion at 200mg.

These are in capsules with absolutely no smell or taste when taking them. They are average size and went down easy.

My schedule is shift work, meaning I work 2 nights, 1 morning and then 1 morning and an overnight the same day. Its a very compressed 40 hour work week and usually leaves me pretty exhausted. I decided that I would save NooCaffeine for my two morning shifts where I wake up at 5am. The first time I used it, I went with one capsule first thing in the morning. I could feel it, but it was pretty underwhelming and didn't last long. After that, I went to two capsules. This made it work a lot better. Now on paper I am taking 400mg of caffeine, but it didn't feel like that. Particularly because I never experienced a bad crash. The energy hit me quick and I was awake and ready to rock. It lasted around 4 hours and just kind of wore off. Normally when I think 400mg of caffeine, I think nap in about 3 hours. I would attribute this to the approach they took with the two different types of caffeine. All in all, it did what it is claimed, but for me, it was at the price of a double dosage which affects the product as a whole.

Here's how I look at the value of this product. I think you are getting something more valuable then straight caffeine powder you can order in bulk, so I don't want to compare it to that. If you can manage to enjoy it with only one capsule, great value. If you are like me, the servings are cut down to 10 because I would only ever use 2 capsules at a time. But all in all, NooCaffeine really ends up costing the same as coffee at Dunks or Starbucks, maybe even a little bit cheaper. And me personally, I'd rather take this than drink a huge cup of coffee with a bunch of other crap in it. One bottle with 20 capsules goes for about 17 bucks. Even if you double up, its $1.70 per serving, which for a good wake up call is fine with me. Could it be cheaper, more than likely, but is it totally unreasonable, I don't think so.

Side Effects

No side effects and no crash.

Conclusion

I enjoyed NooCaffeine and found it incredibly useful for my weird, busy schedule. It sounds a little too expensive initially, but more than likely you could replace something else you are currently using for the same effect, such as coffee. Thanks again to NooWave for sending it out. I'd be interested to try some other products from them in the future. Hopefully this review made sense and I didn't ramble on too much. Thanks for reading.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Better Alertness
    Momo1
    TROOPer Level: 65
      April 25, 2017

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
    What's up SR family from around the world! I would like to first start off by thanking NooWave Supplements and the Trooper program for allowing me to try NooCaffeine. Due to the line of work that I do during the day, mental clarity and focus are very important to me. I start my morning with a small cup of Joe or a 1/3 serving of a middle of the road pre-workout. When NooCaffeine came up for the Troopers, I decided to give it a try; maybe this could be my cup of Joe replacement.

The profile on NooCaffeine is simple and fully disclosed, which is always great to see. There are two forms of caffeine, which one is designed to hit you quickly and the other to have a longer affect. As for the Nootropic agent in NooCaffeine, there is 200 mg of L-Theanie, which helps with cognitive thinking and staying focus.

Taste - these are just capsules, so no taste, unless you are into tasting bitter stuff, you can go right ahead and open a capsule and mix it in water.

Mix- there is nothing to mix, pop a capsule and you are on your way.

Dosing - NooCaffeine is recommended to take one or two capsules; I decided to run one capsule Monday to Friday for the entire run.

Well, this is where I have to say NooWave kind of miss the mark on NooCaffeine. When I took my initial serving of one capsule, the effect I felt were very minimal; there was a small pep, but that fizzed away with in 20 minutes. As I pounder on why NooCaffeine was not hitting me like I wanted to, I decided to stack it with a half serving of one of my pre-workouts and then surprise, I was able to feel a nice boost and the desired focus I was looking for.

During the entire run on NooCaffeine, I stacked it with different pre-workouts and I have to say, this was the only time that NooCaffeine had the desired effect that NooWave expected from this product. In fact, depending on the pre-workout I stacked with the effects were different, sometimes NooCaffeine would hit hard and sometimes, the effect would last up to 4 hours. NooCaffeine as a standalone did not give me what I was expecting.

Value - This ranges from $17 to $ 20, which is cheap, considering you get 20 capsules. However, if you use this twice a day, you only get 10 days out of it; therefore, the value to me goes down.

Sides - None to speak off

Conclusion

At the end of the day NooCaffeine missed the mark for me as a standalone product; as always, not everyone will have the same experience with any supplement, so you may have a different effect than I. However, to me NooCaffeine should be marketed a stackable product to help enhance other supplements that are stimulant based. NooWave has great products, which I still continue to use today; however, NooCaffeine may need to be reformulate to be marketed as a standalone or made into a powder form so it can be added to your morning cup of Joe. Thank you Noowave again for the opportunity!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Focus
    • Better Mood
    • Need To Stack With Other Products
    zbikowski88
    TROOPer Level: 38
      April 21, 2017

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!

Before I start I want to thank NooWave Supplement Co for participating in the SR TROOP Program. They have been very active in this program and I've had the opportunity to review a few supplements from their line. The main reason I really wanted to try NooCaffeine was because of the environment I work in. Working in a surgery/recovery setting I don't have much time to drink coffee or energy drinks. This seemed like a simple solution for the days that were dragging.

The NooCaffeine ingredient profile is really simple only containing three (3) main ingredients. First off there are two different types of caffeine that both have different timing effects. Caffeine Citrate (100mg) is the first ingredient listed, this is a combination of caffeine (50% caffeine by mass) and citric acid. You feel the effect from this form much quicker than you do with Dicaffeine Malate (Infinergy). Infinergy (100mg) is the second form of caffeine listed, its formed by the combination of malic acid (malate) and caffeine (73% caffeine by mass). This has a more long drawn out effect but is milder with its effects. Third and final ingredient is L-Theanine (200mg) which is an amino acid known for increasing cognitive focus.

Dosing - The bottle suggests taking 1-2 capsules whenever focus is needed. During this review I only took one capsule at a time when I needed a boost of energy during work. This took the place of a cup of coffee or an energy drink. If wanted I believe this would be a great product to stack with a pre-workout.

I used NooCaffeine as a stand-alone energy/focus booster before and during work when needed. Depending on the day I'd take this first thing in the morning before work or during work on longer days. As I noted earlier on I only took one capsule and that seemed to give me enough boost of energy to help me get through work. I can't say my alertness or energy was anything crazy or overpowering.. It did seem that the effectiveness slowly went down after use however there was no crash. I'd say this would be best suited in a stack with a product like NooWave The Socialite or with a pre-workout with low stims.

The cheapest value I found was on Amazon for $16.72 for 20 servings. Each serving (capsule) costs the user around .84 cents or $1.68 for 2 capsules if that's what you need. Depending on your usage the price isn't bad but its also not great. Only other website I found this on was at NooWave for a price of $19.99 but I also saw they offer a 15% discount.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall in conclusion this was just an ok product compared to other NooWave supplements I've reviewed in the past. Did it do everything to include: Increase alertness, energy and focus? Yes it did, however I was expecting a bit more. This would be best suited to use as part of a stack with a pre-workout with low stimulants or with a nootropic. Once again I appreciate NooWave Supplement Co for giving me this opportunity to review NooCaffeine.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Alertness
    • Better Focus
    • Better Mood
      workoutguru
      TROOPer Level: 70
        April 12, 2017

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
      First off I want to thank NooWave supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is my first ever NooWave product I have tried. I see that this company has been coming out with some newer products geared toward focus and energy. This product is going to help you more with energy and some focus.

Ingredients:
      This pretty is simple. This is made up of three main ingredients
      Caffeine Citrate 100mg
      Dicaffeine Malate as infingery 100mg
      L-Theanine 200mg.

I like how they use the two different kinds of caffeine so it hits you at different times. The caffeine citrate is a quick acting caffeine that will hit you right away so you start to feel it a lot quicker. The dicaffeine malate is fused with malic acid which works to buffer the salts in caffeine, allowing for easier digestion while also replenishing the energy produced by caffeine. This helps to minimize that post caffeine crash. This is also a bit more milder of a caffeine and it lasts longer. The L-Theanine combined with the two types of caffeine will help give you that cognitive enhancing effects. The caffeine will help increase your level of alertness, while Theanine will help to reduce some of the anxiety and nervousness that can occur when using stimulants. This translates to an alert and focused state.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com for $16.72 for 20 servings. The only other place that you can get this is on their website and they want $19.99. This company is not widely available and would like to see more sites start carrying their products. The price they want on amazon I don't think is to bad for a product like this. I would not want to spend any more than $20 at most for a product like this.

Taste:
      These come in pill form so no real taste to them at all. I know sometimes pills can leave a weird taste in your mouth but not with these.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Nothing to mix. The dosing is pretty simple. It says to take 1-2 capsules whenever focused energy is desired. I started out with 1 capsules for awhile and then upped it to 2 which I found to be a lot more effective for me. I would normally take this in the mornings to help get me going more. This could also be stacked with your pre-workout or any other supplements you may use.

With this product they claim it will help you with energy, alertness, and focus. I would take this mainly in the mornings before work to help give me a little more energy and help me feel more alert and give me some better focus. I found it to be ok on energy. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. I could feel a slight buzz of energy but nothing real crazy like. I would have liked it to have been a little stronger. If your doing one capsule you won't really notice to much of an energy boost. If you up this to two capsules it will hit you a little harder but still nothing that I was real crazy about. I would say if your taking a pre-workout that's not real heavy on stims this would be good to stack with it to help give you a little more on stims. I know at first when I started to take this I could feel it a bit but after awhile it did not seem to be as effective for me.

My alertness and focus was ok. I never noticed any real laser like focus from this but then again it does not have anything else in this besides the theanine to help with focus. I do like that they use a good amount of theanine but would like some other stuff in here to help more. I know this is more of an energy based product rather than focus. I felt that the bit of focus it gave me was good at first but seemed to wear off not long after and I took it. My over all alertness was ok nothing that really got my attention in the way of alertness. I know after I was using this for awhile I started to feel like this was not doing much for me anymore. I think a product like this is better if you are stacking it with something else like a pre-workout or amino product more so than on it's own.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I thought overall this was an ok product. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. It did help me some but nothing I was real crazy about. When I first started to use it I could feel it more but after awhile it seemed to be less effective for me. I would say if you need a little something extra to add to your pre-workout or amino product then this would be good to use with it. On it's own I did not think it was real outstanding and overly effective. It's not a horrible product but just did not do a real lot for me. If I would have been stacking this with my pre-workout I think it would have been more effective for me and feel this is how you should be using it. I think for a product like this it is really not worth having again unless I am going to be stack it with something else. I would say if you can get a good deal on it it's worth maybe giving a try at least once but I don't think it would be something you would want as one of your staple products to have all the time. Again I want to give a big shout out to NooWave for letting me have the chance to try this.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Focus
      • Better Alertness
      • Better Mood