The High Performer II Reviews

By: NooWave Supplement Co.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
  January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Mood
  • Tastes Good
  • Insane Focus
  • No Crash

I'm currently studying to become a strength coach, so I spend a lot of time reading. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood, and a focus supplement comes in handy. I got the first High Performer, and I wanted to like it (had a great formula), but it always gave me a headache (I never finished the bottle). When I saw they redid it, I decided to give it another go, and I'm glad I did.

In one scoop (6g) we have:

2,500mg L-Tyrosine- L Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. It is a common anti-stress supplement. 2.5g is a hefty dose. It's commonly dosed at .5g-2g.

600mg Alpha GPC 50%- Alpha GPC is a cholinergic (my personal favorite) and like CDP choline it works acutely. It can reduce cognitive decline and symptoms of Alzheimers Disease. I think we have 300mg actual Alpha GPC here. It's very hydrophilic and is often bonded with a silicate so it is easier to use. That's why it says Alpha GPC 50%. 300mg is a good dose.

400mg Glucuronolactone- this is a molecule often found in energy drinks (usually 10-60mg). It is not very well researched.

200mg Caffeine Anhydrous- We all know this one. 200mg is a solid dose for me. Too much more than that and I can get jittery.

150mg Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa)- This is a good source of L-Dopa, which is a precursor to dopamine. MP can reduce cortisol and improve sperm quality.

100mg L-Theanine- This is a relaxing amino acid that can help take some of the edge off caffeine.

300mcg Huperzine A 1%- This is a cognitive enhancer, usually dosed from 50-200mcg and it may need to be cycled. It acts as a cholinergic.

Unlike the first High Performer which was a pill product, we have a powder here. It comes in one flavor, orange cream, which was a light, refreshing flavor, 8.5/10. I don't buy nootropics for their taste, but if I have to taste them, I want them to taste good.

Mixability was pretty good in a shaker bottle, 8/10. A little grittiness, but there was no clumping or anything.

I stuck with one scoop as this formula is pretty well dosed.

I liked HPII a lot. The energy was nice. It would kick in quickly and slowly fade away, so that it wasn't a jarring experience once it ran its course. The focus was strong. I was able to focus on my studying for a few hours without getting distracted/looking for something else to do. There was also a mild euphoria that came along for the ride. I'm not sure what ingredient/which ingredients caused it, but it was a nice surprise.

I would, though, be cautious about taking it in the evening. I took a dose before I went to see the Last Jedi and although my focus was great during the movie, I did have some trouble sleeping afterwards.

It's definitely a great product for morning/early afternoons.

HPII retails for $40 a tub. It has 30 servings, which brings us ti $1.33/serving. I think this is pretty fair. Similar products can cost $1.5 serving. Also, Noowave frequently has coupons available, so if you buy it from them directly, you can save a few bucks.

Side Effects

So the first time I took HPII, I got a headache, and I was terrified that I would have the same reaction that I had to the first one. Luckily, is was a fluke. I never got any more headaches after the first usage, so it probably wasn't HPII at all. I was likely just due for a headache.

No other sides.

Conclusion

This has been one of my favorite nootropics to date. It's definitely worth a look. Thanks Noowave!
    • Orange Cream: 8/10