The High Performer II Reviews

By: NooWave Supplement Co.

The High Performer II is a Nootropic manufactured by NooWave Supplement Co.. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

9.5
  June 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
  • Better Mood
  • Tastes Good
  • Could Be Expensive To Some

An amazing Nootropic with a fully disclosed ingredient profile. Fairly priced for how effective this product is with an amazing taste.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I am fairly new to the Nootropic world and tried some samples here and there. Of the samples I tried nothing really stood out to me, and I was starting to think this area of supplements is all nonsense. I guess you do have to take adderall for focus! So I checked our illustrious SR site and picked up the #1 rated nootropic The High Performer II. Let us see how it did.

Fully disclosed ingredient profile which is becoming the norms these days. At my age its almost required, especially something that enhances focus and has stimulants. It has been done before, but I like to talk about each ingredient and give my opinion on the dosing and why its here. I will start by saying this contains 200mg Caffeine Anhydrous, we all know what this does, so it will not be listed.

L-Tyrosine (2500mg): L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine; supplemental appears to be anti-stress for acute stressors (which tend to deplete noradrenaline) and may preserve stress-induced memory deficits. (Examine.com) Dosing prior to a stressful event is 500mg - 2g, so we are well covered here.

Alpha GPC 50% (600mg): A cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline. (Examine.com) Typical dosage here is 300-600mg, so a great dose here.

Glucuronolactone (400mg): Glucuronolactone is a molecule commonly found as a component of energy drink formulations with surprisingly minimal research on it, given its societal usage. (Examine.com) Really no info here,

Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa) (150mg): This is my favorite ingredient to have in a sleep aid or nootropic. It truly puts me in an amazing mood if standardized right, and 98% standardization did the job. Also known as Velvet Bean this is your source of L-Dopa which has many uses ranging from mood to aiding in parkinsons disease. No real dosage requirements that I know of, but 150mg worked well for me.

L-Theanine (100mg): L-Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages. L-Theanine tends to be taken in the dosage of 100-200mg, usually alongside caffeine. (Examine.com) This meets the criteria of minimal dose and taken with caffeine anhydrous, good to go!

Huperzine A 1% (300mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. It belongs to the cholinergics class of molecules, and may be useful in fighting cognitive decline in the elderly. May need to be cycled. Supplementation of huperzine-A tends to be in the range of 50-200mcg daily, and while this can be divided into multiple dosages throughout the day it tends to be taken at a single dose. Supplementation of huperzine-A does not require food to be coingested with it and can be taken in a fasted state. (Examine.com) You may be familiar with this as its found in a lot of PWO's and in my experience at the right dosage works very well for focus. This is a great dose and truly one of the powerhouse ingredients here, love it!

A great profile here, no fillers, nothing crazy and everything is dosed properly and really on the high end. Most supplements always seem to skimp on an ingredient or two, but Noowave did not here, so great stuff here.

Taste: This comes only in one flavor, Orange Cream. Man this was delicious, it really tasted like an orange creamsicle pop. I looked forward to drinking it when I needed it, it was a cognitive treat!

Mixability: I mixed this in a shaker or sometimes in a water bottle with no issues. Very slight residue left at the bottom due to the fine powder, but not enough to worry about losing out on a dose.

Dosing: I took one scoop as needed, typically around 2-3pm when I would hit that afternoon slump at work.

After having some experience with dissapointing Nootropics, this really made me happy. I was not expecting much but it did an incredible job from start to finish. I also got a tub for my wife at the same time, and she is currently on her second tub, she loves this stuff too! Overall, this gave me a nice energy boost and it felt like a smooth boost and did not make me jittery or anything. The Dopamine kicked in hard for me and it would put me in such a good mood, which is good because I tend to be cranky at work by 3pm, I know the soldiers that work for me appreciated it. On top of that it did focus me in on my task at hand. I would take this if I had a lot of paperwork or a big project at work to do, and it narrowed me in and I would be knocking out tasks very quickly and efficiently. This really did feel like that term you hear these days, Brain Hacking! Tacky thing to say, but this seemed to do the job. The overall energy boost would last close to 2 hours for me, then would just fade away, no crash or headaches or anything like that. A perfect mid-day pickup!

The only label claim is Get Zoned, and I say that is a spot on assessment. I appreciate that Noowave did not put a bunch of claims out there, they just seem to be a product comfortable in their own skin (tub?). I know it sounds like I am fan boy'ing out a bit here, but I was just impressed immensely here.

I picked this up from Amazon for $43.22 with shipping (not amazon prime eligible). This gets you 30 servings and comes out to $1.44 a serving. Yeah that appears to be high, but realistically you probably do not need to take a nootropic daily. If you used this like me and saved this for when you were in a real slump or had a bid task then its not a bad deal. As you know, I couple value with effectiveness and this worked so well that I do not mind paying this price at all. Not sure how often sales occur, but either way this is a fair deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really missed out when Noowave participated on SR to try out their products, but I am glad I gave this a shot. I will be keeping a tub at work in the future to use as needed and I did not mind one bit paying for this. This gives me a baseline of how Nootropics SHOULD be in my opinion. Great job here NooWave. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for a Nootropic. I'll be keeping an eye out for other Noowave products to try in the future.
  • Orange Cream: 10/10

January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Mood
  • No Crash

I'm currently studying to become a strength coach, so I spend a lot of time reading. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood, and a focus supplement comes in handy. I got the first High Performer, and I wanted to like it (had a great formula), but it always gave me a headache (I never finished the bottle). When I saw they redid it, I decided to give it another go, and I'm glad I did.

In one scoop (6g) we have:

2,500mg L-Tyrosine- L Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. It is a common anti-stress supplement. 2.5g is a hefty dose. It's commonly dosed at .5g-2g.

600mg Alpha GPC 50%- Alpha GPC is a cholinergic (my personal favorite) and like CDP choline it works acutely. It can reduce cognitive decline and symptoms of Alzheimers Disease. I think we have 300mg actual Alpha GPC here. It's very hydrophilic and is often bonded with a silicate so it is easier to use. That's why it says Alpha GPC 50%. 300mg is a good dose.

400mg Glucuronolactone- this is a molecule often found in energy drinks (usually 10-60mg). It is not very well researched.

200mg Caffeine Anhydrous- We all know this one. 200mg is a solid dose for me. Too much more than that and I can get jittery.

150mg Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa)- This is a good source of L-Dopa, which is a precursor to dopamine. MP can reduce cortisol and improve sperm quality.

100mg L-Theanine- This is a relaxing amino acid that can help take some of the edge off caffeine.

300mcg Huperzine A 1%- This is a cognitive enhancer, usually dosed from 50-200mcg and it may need to be cycled. It acts as a cholinergic.

Unlike the first High Performer which was a pill product, we have a powder here. It comes in one flavor, orange cream, which was a light, refreshing flavor, 8.5/10. I don't buy nootropics for their taste, but if I have to taste them, I want them to taste good.

Mixability was pretty good in a shaker bottle, 8/10. A little grittiness, but there was no clumping or anything.

I stuck with one scoop as this formula is pretty well dosed.

I liked HPII a lot. The energy was nice. It would kick in quickly and slowly fade away, so that it wasn't a jarring experience once it ran its course. The focus was strong. I was able to focus on my studying for a few hours without getting distracted/looking for something else to do. There was also a mild euphoria that came along for the ride. I'm not sure what ingredient/which ingredients caused it, but it was a nice surprise.

I would, though, be cautious about taking it in the evening. I took a dose before I went to see the Last Jedi and although my focus was great during the movie, I did have some trouble sleeping afterwards.

It's definitely a great product for morning/early afternoons.

HPII retails for $40 a tub. It has 30 servings, which brings us ti $1.33/serving. I think this is pretty fair. Similar products can cost $1.5 serving. Also, Noowave frequently has coupons available, so if you buy it from them directly, you can save a few bucks.

Side Effects

So the first time I took HPII, I got a headache, and I was terrified that I would have the same reaction that I had to the first one. Luckily, is was a fluke. I never got any more headaches after the first usage, so it probably wasn't HPII at all. I was likely just due for a headache.

No other sides.

Conclusion

This has been one of my favorite nootropics to date. It's definitely worth a look. Thanks Noowave!
    • Orange Cream: 8/10

January 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Mood
    • Versatile
      What's up SR! Before I dive in, let me take a scoop of The Higher Performer II, and thank NooWave and the Troopers for the opportunity. As we continue using supplements to better our abilities to go further, get stronger, and focus on what we are doing in the gym, more and more companies are creating a two for one type of product. In the case of the "The High Performer II", this can be used as a pre-workout or intera, infused with a nice kick of Nootropics. NooWave's product line is top notch; therefore, when The High Performer II came out for the Troopers, I had to give it a go.

As with any NooWave products, the labels are fully disclosed, which is what we all like to see; knowing how much of something we are put into ourselves is important. The profile of The High Performer II is well dosed and in my opinion, this is more designed for focus and mental clarity, than it being a pre-workout; just in case you were thinking about using this as a base pre-workout product, which still has a little kick for those who are not stim junkies.

There is 2.5 grams of L-Tyrosine, which helps with boosting memory and relieving stress. There is 600 mg of Alpha GPC, which is also known to improve cognitive functions and helps enhance power output while doing any physical activities.

The High Performer II includes Glucuronolactone, Huperzine, and Mucuna Pruiens; all of these help boost the brain's cognitive button!

As for the energy aspect of The High Performer II, there is 200 mg of Caffeine and 100mg of L-Theanine, which helps the body, not built a tolerance to high levels of caffeine.

Taste - I received the Orange and Cream, which was not bad tasting; takes a little like an orange yogurt.

Mix - It mixed well, as long as you use enough water, anything less than 8 oz., you will get some settlement in your cup.

Dosing - This was my mid-day, get my butt back to work and stop looking at you tube crazy cat videos. In addition, on some cardio days, I would add a serving as an intera workout supplement. One scoop is one serving, which there are 30 wonderful servings in one tub.

What can I say The High Performer II worked well for me and backed up the company's claim of what it will do for you.

On days I would take it in the middle of day, it was refreshing to say the least, it eliminated that dreaded 2pm nap time feeling that some of us experience at work; especially when you are stuck behind a desk. Within 10 mins of taking my serving, it was as if my eyes were blurry and all of a sudden boom, focused like a hawk looking at a rabbit at 1000 feet in the air. My job deals with high volumes of data, which after a while, all looks the same. I was able to get my assigned money lauder client and was able to pinpoint what they were doing at a faster period than normal.

When it came to energy, it was very smooth, yeah, you get a combined 300mg of caffeine, but it does not hit you like a brick, nor do you crash on it. When you come off it, the effects just start to wear down like in stages. When I would add a scoop as part of my intera workout supplements, it was great, especially when doing cardio on a treadmill. I would be so focus on what was in front of me doing their elliptical (nice you know what I mean), that when I looked up at the clock, I was there for over an hour.

High Performer II is priced well and competitive at $40.00, which you get 30 servings. Considering the profile in High Performer II, in my opinion, it is worth the price.

Side Effects

None, other than being focused at the task at hand.

Conclusion

NooWave has done it again with High Performer II, a fully disclosed product, with proven ingredients, which is priced right, and anyone who feels they need to stay more focus, should pick up a tub. High Performer II will be part of my regiment of supplements that I will always have on hand and this case, at my desk. I would like to thank NooWave again for the opportunity.

January 24, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Mood
      • Versatile

Well i finally got myself some free time today and I am spending it wisely by catching up on my reviews. Quiet time doesn't come too often in my life anymore, so I'll take it. This time I'll be sharing my experience with The High Performer II by NooWave Supplements. The slogan for this one is "Get Zoned," and I liked the sound of that. I am always looking for a product like this to replace my morning coffee with. Thank you NooWave Supplements and SR.com for the opportunity.

I'm a big fan of this profile along with the fully transparent label. Here are a couple of the highlights for me: L-Tyrosine comes in at 2500mg. Yeah buddy. This is a pretty common ingredient that enhances cognitive function. It supposedly supports dopamine and adrenaline, although there is not a ton of supporting evidence out there at this time. Either way, 2500mg is a very nice dose. Alpha GPC 50% is dosed at 600mg which is on the high end of the clinical dose. This is another cognitive enhancing supplement. Apparently it is actually used by elderly people who are seeing a decline in their cognitive functions, so there is some evidence behind this one. Each scoop contains 200mg of caffeine, which for a supplement like this, I find to be perfect. Not going to be enough for the jitters (at least for most people), but enough to really feel that energy increase. Glucuronolactone comes in at a whopping 400mg. I say whopping because this is something used in many energy drinks, but at a dose of around 80mg. Maybe this is the big secret ingredient in The High Performer II. Overall, I think the profile is simplistically excellent.

I'm not usually a big fan of creamy orange flavors, but I actually found the Orange Cream flavor to be pretty refreshing when mixed with some cold water. The sweetness was on point and it was not thick. Mixability was near perfect. As I said in the intro, I liked using this as a replacement for my morning cup of coffee. However, I did use it at random times as well, when I was looking for a quick kick in the junk type of energy boost. No matter the time I took it, it always delivered. On occasion I added a little more than once scoop, but never enough to really notice anything. One scoop definitely seemed to be the sweet spot.

After my one scoop upon waking in the morning, I was ready to rock and roll within 20 minutes. It was pretty awesome. I just felt ready to tackle the day and get stuff done. This is a big improvement for me compared to my general feeling upon waking, which tends to be a little slower to get going. My favorite part about The High Performer II was that the energy would taper off so slowly that you wouldn't even notice it. It was like a prefect transition into that time of day where you just feel "normal." On the random times I took this in the late afternoon before going out to dinner or something like that, the energy rush didn't hit quite as hard, but it was definitely there. I found myself talking a lot and getting that good old "sense of well being" that we have all experienced before with other supplements. Or at least a lot of us have. I am pretty tolerant to caffeine and energy supplements, so for a supplement like this with only 200mg of caffeine to effect me as well as this one did, I think NooWave did something right.

$39.99 for 30 servings. If you buy it off their site you might be able to get 5% off your initial order. As I scored it above, I think this is a great value and I don't mind paying this much for what you get. It is such a versatile product that you can just take whenever you want that boost in energy and feeling.

Side Effects

Another positive comment about The High Performer II, no negative side effects. No jitters, no crazy heartbeats. Nothing at all.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed this one, and I think most of you all reading this would too. You really could use it for anything. $39.99 can replace your morning coffee for 30 days if you need a way to justify it and spend money on coffee. And its calorie free with a very minor crash. I'm looking forward to trying this again in the future and definitely want to try some more products from NooWave in the near future. Thanks a lot for reading!
        • Orange Cream: 8/10

January 16, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Mood
        • Tastes Good

Whats up SR, figured I would drop my review on NooWave's High Performer. i chose to review this product as with work getting busy during this time of year I need to be on the balls of my feet at all time, so I figured why not take a crack at High Performer.

First things first, the ingredient panel is fully disclosed, well done NooWave. This is a relatively simple supplement, but everything is dosed very well, no "pixie dusting" here. The panel is as follows:

L-Tyrosine - 2.5g: For those of you who don't know L-Tyrosine is known for its cognitive and memory boosting functions as well as having effects on aiding in stress reduction.

Alpha GPC (50%) - 600mg: This is a form of Choline that is known to improve cognitive function

Glucuronolactone - 400mg: Another newer to the market mental cognition booster

Caffeine Anhydrous - 200mg: Energy booster, very standard and a very solid dose

Mucuna Pruiens - 150mg: A dopamine precursor aka the good stuff

L- Theanine - 100mg: a cogntive booster that is known to work well in conjunction with Caffeine

Huperzine A 1% - 300mcg: Boosts Focus

The flavour I received was the Orange Cream (as in creamsicle), which I was very happy with. This was a really easy to drink flavour and did not taste like a generic orange flavour, well done NooWave. The mixability was okay, it did have some floaters and sinkers causing it to taste slightly grainy at times, but keep swirling your shaker and you should have zero issue. Dosing is 1 scoop, I used this for the majority of my run, but I did also try a heaping scoop (1.5ish) a few times when I was really needing a boost.

This product claims to be a "focus, ambition and performance booster" as well as claims to "get you zoned". Honestly it did just that, within 15 minutes of taking this at my either my lunchtime or my afternoon coffee break I found myself feeling a very nice clean surge of energy and suddenly felt like I was ready to take on the day all over again. My job involves both physical labour as well as some computer use and I found I was able to tough out the long days much easier all while being able to stay focused on the task at hand. I really liked that they kept the caffeine at 200mg, which was a perfect amount for me to wake up but not be bouncing around all day, and on the tough days (lack of sleep, stressful work) I would use a heaping scoop (around 300mg caffeine) and that would get me right back into my work. I did notice a nice tunnel like vision that came along with this product, I wasn't getting distracted by other stuff going on around me as easily and was able to focus on whatever task I was doing at the time.

I did also take this product a few times prior to boxing, and I was surprised to see it did have an effect for me, I was able to shake the cobwebs of the long day and have no issue rattling off long or complicated combinations and the energy boost certainly never hurt either.

This retails at $39.99 for 30 serves, giving you a value of $1.33 per serving, which is a price I certainly have no issue paying. Always remember you pay for what you get.

Side Effects

None, obviously with the caffeine do not consume close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion I was very impressed with High Performer. The solid dosages of clinically proven ingredients and a no B.S formula helped me get through long work days and allowed me to up my boxing game slightly. If you work any sort of job where you are constantly having to think and use your brain I would recommend taking a run at High Performer.
          • Orange Cream: 9/10

January 16, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Insane Focus
          • Better Mood
          • Tastes Good
          • Hard To Stack With Other Products
          • Could Be Expensive To Some

First off I want to thank NooWave Supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have tried a couple of their other nootropics products and really liked them. When I saw this I had to claim this right away. What I like about this company is that their nootropics are all geared a little differently depending on the person and what your need is. How this would stack up with their other product I was excited to find out.

They use a total of 7 different ingredients in this. What I like about this is that they use some pretty legit dosages of each ingredient which helps to make this a pretty strong and effective product. Since this was first release they have revamped the formula a bit to make it a little stronger and now in a powder form.

2,500mg L-Tyrosine known for its memory and focus boosting properties thanks to its ability to increase the production of the big time neurotransmitters, dopamine and norepinephrine, and adrenaline. Additionally, tyrosine also helps you relax during times of high stress by reducing levels of stress and anxiety.[

600mg Alpha GPC 50% is a highly bioavailable choline-containing compound used to increase production of the "learning neurotransmitter", acetylcholine. This also enhances the "mind muscle connection" during workouts, strength levels, and even Growth Hormone (GH) output following a grueling workout.

400mg Glucuronolactone is a component of drinks and found increased memory, reaction time, and concentration along with decreased sleepiness. However, it's hard to judge in studies if this is due solely to glucuronolactone or its synergism with the other ingredients present in those drinks, such as caffeine.

200mg Caffeine Anhydrous heightens just about everything, including focus, alertness, and motivation.

150mg Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa) is a dopamine precursor that enhances dopamine production in the body leading to significantly less stress along with a heightened mood, both of which aid concentration and mental performance.

100mg L-Theanine also enhances the cognitive focus effects of caffeine, and helps normalize the body's stress response, particularly in high stress work-related situations. It also helps take off that edgy feel you may get from caffeine.

300mcg Huperzine A 1% A powerful nootropic agent that boosts focus and cognition by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine.

This comes in one flavor orange cream. I thought this was pretty good. Nothing to overly powering. I think it had more of that nice smooth taste to it. Nothing to sweet, tart, or bitter at all. You will notice that little bit of a creamy taste to it. No weird chemical taste to this or any kind of aftertaste.

Had no issues at all with this mixing. This has kind of like that fluffy like powder to it. As soon as you pour water on this and start to shake it up it mixes up right away. No left over residue at all with this and very little to any foam. All you need is one scoop since they dose everything in this pretty high.

I look to nootropic type products to help me in the mornings before I start work. Since I normally start work pretty early in the morning I like to have a little more energy, some better mental focus, and feel better mood wise. I know some mornings it can be a bit more challenging than others to get going and it can make it a little harder and not as enjoyable. I would mix this up before I left for work and I would drink this on my way to work.

Overall this seemed to kick in pretty fast because it did not seem like very long after I would get to work I could all ready start to feel this working. This has 200mg of caffeine in it which is a fair amount of caffeine to have. I think it was a good amount to have in here to help boost my energy a bit. Since this has some theanine in it helps take some of that edgy feel off that the caffeine may give you. For me it felt like a good smooth clean like energy it gave me. Nothing that made me feel jittery at all. It was a nice boost in energy it gave me. The energy seemed to last me for awhile and helped keep me going better.

I always like to get to work a bit earlier than I need to because I like that little bit of down time I can have so I can do some stuff on my phone since they have Wi-Fi I can use. As soon as I would start work I felt this like in the zone type feeling that was really intense. I felt like I was really zoned in better and my mood felt really good to were I was like now I am ready to start the day. The mental focus off this I thought was really good and helped me a lot at getting rid of a lot of little distractions I tend to get when I start work. I felt I could zone in a lot better on my job and perform better at what I was doing and not feel all sluggish to the point I did not want to be doing this. I know some mornings I felt this in the zone feeling that was just incredible that I have never felt before. For me I used this everyday which I don't feel I really needed to do this but did anyways. I would say use this when you feel you really need that extra boost to help get you going. This is a pretty strong product and for sure works so you want to be careful when you use this or what you may stack it with.

What I would like to see is they keep everything in this dosed the way it is but take the caffeine part out so I could stack this with my pre-workout. I feel that would be amazing to use during my workouts. I feel this would help give me some of the best mental focus I have ever gotten during my workouts. Even with the caffeine in this it would still work as a pre-workout if you wanted to use it as that but for me I would rather use this as a pick me up for in the mornings since I all ready use pre-workouts later in the day when I workout. Overall I felt this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any gut issues. Not sure if there was something in this or not but I felt that shortly after I would take this I had to head straight to the bathroom. I am hoping what caused this was not from product but not sure. My other little issue with this is that it says there are 30 servings in this but it sure did not seem like there were 30 servings total in this. Maybe there was but it did not seem like it to me. Either way no big deal just thought I would mention that.

The cheapest I can find this is either on their website or amazon.com. They both want $39.99 for 30 servings. This comes out to $1.33 per serving. They do dose everything pretty high in this so that does make the cost a little higher. For a nootropics type product I do think it's a little on the high side. I would like to see them lower this to at least low to mid $30 if they can then I think it would be a little better. Depending on how often you use this can really bring the value down a little. For me I used this everyday which I don't think I really needed to do.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was one of the best nootrpic products I have used so far and one of the better ones out there. This I would say really performs at a very high level. This did a lot more for me than I thought it would. This is a product I for sure recommend trying. If you want a good boost in your energy levels, much better mental focus, and better mood this is a must try. So far this was another product they have released that I have been very pleased with. I would for sure be more than happy to give this another try. It would be kind of nice if some other sites could start carrying their product line and help lower the prices a little. I would also like to see them come out with this in another flavor or two which I do think they will at some point. Again I want to give a big shout out to NooWave for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
          • Orange Cream: 9/10