6.2

(Better than 9% in Energy Supplements > Nootropics)

NOÖ NECTAR is a Nootropic manufactured by NOÖ NECTAR. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.

6.2
3.0
  May 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Energy Boost
  • Focus
  • Jitters
  • Sweating
  • Clammy
  • Proprietary Blend

I wanted to try something that would help me focus more and be able to concentrate and get more work done, so I decided to try NOO Nectar which is my first Nootropic.

Almost a 3.7g proprietary blend of "brain nourishing" ingredients that are supposed to optimize brains productivity neurotransmitters, increase productivity, give you functional intelligence, and elevate your mood.

First ingredient that I'll mention is Agmatine Sulfate which is supposed to improve cognition at estimated doses of 217-435mg for my weight which is 150lbs.

Acetyl L Carnitine - I thought carnitine was only good to aid in fat loss, but I found that it also is used for cognitive enhancement at doses of 630-2500mg

Acetyl L Tyrosine - this helps in improving cognition, stress, and memory

Disodium salt - no clue why they put this in here, I couldn't find any reason as to why they put this in here?

I'm not going to go in depth on more of the ingredients, because there are over 20, but I did do a quick read and most of these do improve cognitive function. Everything on this would be perfect if the doses weren't in some huge proprietary blend.

Taste is terrible, it tastes like medicine lol, but it's only 1.7oz so its not hard to drink it quick

I would be typing up a couple of papers or learning about cars I need to read about and did notice a slight increase in focus but nothing crazy or anything that makes this product worth $150 for one month, it was barely noticeable. I found myself wide awake when taken in the morning, but super jittery even when eating a little while before, I never tried to take it before a workout (which they say on the website that you can), but I didn't think it would help either way. I also would sweat on this like crazy and when it was cold, my hands and feet would get real clammy.

$150.00 for a one time 30 day supply! Wow lol, and $250 for a 100 day supply.

Side Effects

Felt jittery, sweat a lot, clamminess

Conclusion

I think if they lowered the price a lot more, and disclosed the amounts inside of this, that NOO Nectar would be worth a try, but the side effects and price do not outweigh the pro's.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Overall
5.6
6.6
  January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Energy Boost
  • Possible Focus
  • Jitters
  • Sweating

I want to start by saying thank you to Noo Nectar for providing me the opportunity to review this product through the trooper program. This is my first nootropic formula that I have taken, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

Noo Nectar says it will help you unlock your brain and unleash your potential. It is touted as a supplement providing "complete brain nutrition with over 20 scientifically-proven ingredients in a 1.7oz daily shot to help you be at your best in everything you do."

Noo Nectar has a 3.6g prop blend of active ingredients...which I am not a very big fan of (especially given that the ingredients are supposed to augment my brain function). The ingredients consist of: N-Acetyl-L-Carnitinie, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Alpha GPC, DMAE Bitartrate, CDP-Choline, L-Theanine, Huperzine A, and Yohimbe Bark.

It also has 12g of sugar, which is worse than the coffee or sugar free energy drinks that I generally consume for some heightened focus and energy at work.

Overall, the ingredients seem pretty great. Noo Nectar is supposed to provide a "boost of energy without experiencing jitters," and "sustained energy up to 12 hours throughout your day without the crash you get from caffeine or artificial energy drinks." Additionally, the ingredients are supposed to "increase both your motivation and capacity to learn and apply. With more focus, concentration, short term and long-term recall, language fluidity and general comprehension levels."

NOTE** this product contains an undisclosed amount of yohimbe. I am a very experienced user of yohimbe. I regularly take high doses of yohimbe hcl during fasted cardio when I am cutting. I know how it makes me feel and I know how it adversely affects others. I generally do not have an adverse reaction.

The taste is kind of like a medicine or, as another reviewer put it, like a 5-hour energy. I wouldn't say it is as pleasant as 5-hour energy, but it is somewhat comparable.

I tried taking this product at a half serving at a time and a whole serving at a time, either way I had similar effects (see below).

This product made me focus, boy did it make me focus! Unfortunately, it had me focusing on the wrong stuff. Within minutes of taking Noo Nectar I was sweating my balls off! I wear a suit to work every day and after drinking Noo Nectar I was afraid to take my jacket off. I would sweat like I had just got out of the sauna. Consequently, I would focus on the absurd amount of sweat that was pouring out of my body, rather than focusing on my work. This product must have a ton of yohimbe in it (or something else) because I have never sweat this much from a yohimbe product. Don't get me wrong, that is typically why we all want yohimbe (fat burning and sweating) but not when I'm trying to focus at work.

Also, this product gave me energy, but it also made me jittery as heck! It didn't come on smooth and calm, but rather hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm used to taking tons of stimulants and various forms of yohimbe, but this product had me shaking and unable to stay in my seat.

I experienced these effects regardless of whether or not I took a half or whole serving.

The value is just not there. Direct, you can purchase a 30 day supply of Noo Nectar for $100. $3.33 per serving is pretty high, especially given the fact that my energy drinks and coffee only cost me around $1.50 per day (and don't make me sweaty and jittery).

Side Effects

Uncontrollable sweating and jitters...for about 2-3 hours or so, resulting in added expenses at the dry cleaner (lol).

Conclusion

Noo Nectar is a really cool idea, but it doesn't perform as advertised. It is way overpriced and has too many negative side effects. It's still a mystery whether or not this product unlocked my brain's potential or increased my ability to focus...this is in part due to the fact that my sweating and jitters were the sole focus each and every time I drank Noo Nectar.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

5.5
3.0
  January 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Energy Boost

Whats Up SR, I wanted to give this product a try as it's an "on the go" type Nootropic and the first pre made one I have ever seen. I've been writing blogs lately and in combination with work, sometimes I need something to pick me up in the afternoons.

Right out of the gate we have a big prop blend, not my favourite thing to see, and this is one very long prop blend. It starts off with a boat load of Vitamin B-12 (3000mcg). Another thing of note right away is the fact that each little bottle packs 12g of sugars and 4g of sugar alcohol. The blend is too long to list every ingredient, so I'll go over some of the key pieces and will attach a photo below of the whole label (which is also very tough to find online). Once again I have zero idea of the dosages of these ingredients. the prop blend is 3.667g

Agmatine Sulfate - I have no idea why this is in here to be honest, the only thing this is actually proven to do is help in regards to pumps, while there is some research thinking it may aid in Neurotransmission, this is all preliminary and overall unproven. This is the first ingredient on the label as well so we can assume there is a decent amount of it.

The focus ingredients:
- L- Theanine
- Huperzine A

Energy Boosters:
- Yohimbe Bark

Overall very disappointed to see such a lack of clarity, I scoured their website and couldn't find a thing about the dosages or even a label.

The taste of this product is very similar to something like a 5 Hour energy, very bitter, but also very manageable. Mixability is not a factor as this is pre mixed, simply shake and open. Dosing suggests starting off with half of a container and then working up to a full container.

Overall this had the same effects for me as something like a 5 hour energy or any other gas station energy booster. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, i did find a slight energy boost, but in terms of claims such as "Peak Physical Performance", "Functional Intelligence" and "Innovation and Creativity", none of that was there with this, whether at a full serving or a half serving. This product really should have taken the angle of being a quick on the go energy source and not market itself as something to aid in "Daily Brain Nutrition", especially considering the only real noticeable effects come via the stimulants thrown into the blend.

The value is quite simply absurd in my opinion, they retail this for a 30 day supply at $100. Which works out to being $3.33 per serving. For comparison at Walmart you can get a 6 pack of 5 hour energy for $9.97 online which works out to about $1.60 per serving, at that price you could just take 2 of those and have a better boost.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this product really needs a marketing reevaluation, this should be marketed as an on the go energy booster with a bad price point. A label with that many random things thrown in and not even a slight clue to the user about any dosages is not something I'm down with. If you're really struggling for an on the go energy source then I mean maybe its worth a look, but for the every day user you are better off finding something clinically dosed and disclosed and mixing it yourself. I'll find my "Daily Brain Nutrition" somewhere else.