Neurella Founder's Edition Reviews

By: Neurella Labs, INC.

Neurella Founder's Edition is a Nootropic manufactured by Neurella Labs, INC.. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.
7.1

January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Mental Clarity
  • Enhanced Cognition
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Improved Focus
  • A Bit Pricey
Thank you to Neurella Labs for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. Nootropics are one of the fastest growing supplements out on the market in recent years, and it seems like more and more pop up every day. Here was my experience with Neurella's flagship product:

Dosage

4 pills throughout the day, 2 in the morning and 2 pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This product heavily markets the ingredients included in it by boasting "12 of the most powerful brain supplements formulated into one by an acclaimed Neurology team". A lot of the ingredients I am unfamiliar with as nootropics are a new bag for me, but here is a quick rundown of the ingredients and what their intended uses are:

*Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract- Healthy energy levels and mental cognition.
*Huperzine- Memory function.
*Citicoline- mental energy, focus, attention, and recall.
*Coenzyme Q10- Antioxidant and energy generation.
*N-Acetyl Cysteine- brain detoxification.
*Tumeric Root Extract- Anti-inflammatory/antioxidant support.
*Dimethylglycine- An amino acid used in treatment from everything from ADHD to autism.
*Grape Skin Extract- Stress reducer and anti-inflammatory support.
*Bacopa monnieri- Cognitive performanceand stress relief.
*Rhodiola Rosea- Brain Neuron enchancer.
* Green Tea Leaf Extract- Memory and cognitive function support.
*Vitamin B12- General energy support.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

All those fancy sounding ingredients sounds all good and well, but the main thing you all want to know is did it work? As far as mental focus and memory enhancement I would say yes. I found myself focused more both at work and the gym, and easily remembering simple things like where I put my keys (which is usually something I'm cussing about), and feeding my dogs on time. The energy and stress relief I would say was minimal to negligible as far as noticing a pronounced difference. I feel like this product delivers and holds its value as a memory supplement.

Side Effects

None noted.

Value (6/10)

The only places I've seen to snag this are on Amazon, and Neurella's own website, both at $49.99 for a 30 day day supply (60 servings), coming out to 83 cents a serving or $1.66 a day. That's a little on the high side for me for something that I would consider a luxury item. If you were to take just one serving a day the value would increase, but I don't think you would get the full effect intended for this product.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall I felt Neurella was an effective product at improving memory and focus. It carries an extensive ingredient profile that was created by neurologists, and appears to be more of a legitimate product than a bill of goods. It is on the expensive side to take it at it's recommended dosage, but it does deliver as an effective nootropic. I approve and give it the thumbs up!

December 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Mental Clarity
  • Enhanced Cognition
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Improved Focus
  • Positive Mood
  • A Bit Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank Neurella Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I just turned 40 and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I've gone through a lot of stress last two years and I'm thinking it had a big affect on my memory. I'm not sure if that's a way for me coping to the things that happened or just coincidence to me getting older. So with that knowledge I tend to always try and help myself out with a supplement that claims it could help my little brain out. I noticed this offering with a plethora of ingredients that are well known to me so I didn't hesitate and clicked claim.

Super kudos to Neurella Labs for a full disclosure of the ingredients in their product. There are quite few of them and the list is long so if you read the previous reviews on this product you might want to skip this section. I'm still going to go through them for my own research and knowledge. I'm going to provide the numbers for a full one day serving which is 4 capsules.

200 micro grams of Vitamin B-12 - "is a cofactor in the synthesis of neurotransmitters dopamine, GABA, norepinephrine, and serotonin. Affecting alertness, cognition, memory and mood." taken from nootropicsexpert.com. I don't I would have word it better myself.

200 micro grams of Huperzine-A - Pretty much used to enhance your memory. It won't make you smarter but it will definitely give you the ability to remember what you have learned or crammed in to that brain of yours ;). Remember to take this before you study for that big exam.

200 milligrams of Citicoline - This is a more efficient form of choline that has better conversion into Acetylcholine. Some of the more significant Citicoline benefits including boosting your memory, increased mental energy, helping to improve learning, and other cognitive effects.

250 milligrams of Ashwagandha root & leaf extract - brain-booster that improves cognition by fighting the effects of stress and helping with mood management. It seems that when you are stressed out you loose your cognitive abilities so having this ingredient will better help you fight that defect.

100 milligrams of Coenzyme Q10 - In lamer terms Co10 is user by every cell in your body. These are little power plants for each cell. Pretty much used as energy.

600 milligrams of N-acetyl cysteine - NAC easily penetrates the blood-brain barrier and raises glutathione levels in your brain. It helps prevent glutamate toxicity, boosts dopamine, and reduces inflammation, oxidative and free radical damage.

250 milligrams of Turmeric Root Extract - Love curcumin and I'm a big supporter of this supplement. It has a plethora of benefits that I refuse to list. The use of Curcumin C3 is beneficial and a nice addition because curcumin has very poor absorption rating. As for a nootropics is concerned turmeric works on a molecular level to enhance neurogenesis. It boosts the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. And is a powerful antioxidant helping to protect your brain from chronic and excess inflammation.

300 milligrams of Dimethylglycine (aka DMG) - This is a by-product of choline. It is a methyl donor, which is helpful in the synthesis of several brain chemicals that have influence on sexual enjoyment, mood, energy, wellbeing, alertness, concentration, visual clarity, and mental acuity.

100 milligrams of Grape skin extract - This extract helps prevent free-radical brain damage, but it also helps improve one's memory, while reducing stress and inflammation in the brain.

320 milligrams of Bacopa monnieri whole plan extract - This extract is a useful and effective aid for cognitive function and overall memory. This is because it enhances the rate at which the nervous system can communicate by increasing the growth of nerve endings. This is also known as dendrites.

300 milligrams of Rhodiola - There is research out there about rhodiola's physical and mental benefits as a powerful adaptogen, or compound that helps prevent the negative effects of stress. It restores energy, improves mood, and enhances cognition. It's also believed to be an effective brain protectant that could prevent damage from toxins, and some studies suggest it may even promote longevity.

80 milligrams of Green tea leaf extract - Caffeine with L-theanine to help you feel energized with out the negative effects. The focus here is on EGCG which has Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Anti-Aging Properties. EGCG is the most widely studied compound in green tea and shows much promise for treating and preventing some of the most pressing mental health issues of our time.

Most of these are under dosed even with the 4 capsules dosage I have listed. Although because of the synergy that most of them have with each other it might be enough to have a positive effect.

Nothing really to taste, you just swallow. I took 2 pills with my morning breakfast and 2 more with my dinner. The two pills in the morning I took with coffee since addition of caffeine usually has positive synergy.

I did feel nice focus from this nootropic in the morning that would last me till the afternoon. It also had a positive affect on my mood. I'm not a morning person and it felt like my mood was getting more tolerant while on these pills. It's really hard for me to tell you if it did make me cognitively healthier or not but it definitely had positive attributes. I can't recall if the effect got any better later on ... I don't think later on it made a difference to me like my previous reviewer. I definitely felt effectiveness of these pills by mostly focus and my good mood and it came early on within few days.

So there aren't many offerings out there similar to this supplement. I wanted to compare price and there really isn't anything out there that can compare apples for apples. I did notice that any supplement with Huperzine-A is going to be expensive so this would reflect why this product is expensive itself. The 30 servings supply of this will cost you 50$, which comes down to 1.66$ per serving. That's a pretty penny for something that gave me minor boost in my cognitive abilities. I'm not sure how to value your own health especially when it has to do with your brain. Personally I think this is a little bit to expensive for what I have felt. If they want to persuade their costumers about long term preventive abilities than they should offer bigger bottles or volume sale etc.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this product because it did help me out in my difficult times. Unfortunately the price would deter me from buying it. It just didn't do enough for me to warrant the purchase. I noticed while evaluating the value of this product that there are other offerings that vary in the 20$ price range. The only thing that was missing from the other products was the Huperzine-A which has mostly short term affect anyways.

December 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
    • A Bit Pricey

First and foremost - Thank you Neurella Labs for letting me try this product out! It was a great conversation piece with those at work (my first dose was taken with breakfast, which I eat at work).

Alright Bottle 436 - There was a noticeable difference, but not huge, definitely not mind blowing. I took this religiously for 30 days, two in the morning with breakfast at work, and two with dinner. I did not miss a single day.

Alright, this guy has a lot of ingredients and they all have a LOT of explaining to do. Will try to condense the information down as much as possible.

Huperzine-A : This guy is a source of serious debate in the DSHEA, mainly because you can make a strong case that this "herb" is a drug. Really it's an incredibly purified plant done up in the labs that results in a substance that significantly increases the levels of acetylcholine (the chemical your nervous system uses to communicate). Makes sense it would show up here.

Cognizin : A patented version of Citicoline, a naturally occurring nutrient the brain uses to increase phosphatidylcholine - There's a long book on this substance, just trust me, our brains need it. Boils down to membrane formation and energy efficiency. Mind you most of the studies supporting this had the consumer taking 500mg of Cognizin for six weeks. Neurella only contains 100mg per serving, or 200mg per day. While I'm sure it helps, it's not even half of what the good docs are saying you should take to make such a difference.

Ashwagandha Root : Despite being around for 3,000 years there are few long term studies on this diverse root. Short term it has been proven to have a LOT of benefits, the ones I believe Neurella was using it for was its ability to aid in long term memory loss and it's proven ability to help with anxiety.

Coenzyme Z10 : Sounds like some sort of super human supplement right??? Almost! Found in almost EVERY cell in the body this guy is responsible for both nutrient to energy conversion and some SERIOUS free radical ass kicking!

N-acetyl Cysteine (NAC) : There have been a lot of studies on NAC, most notable of what it can be proven to do is that it increases the effectiveness of red blood cells and therefor the effectiveness of antioxidant usage.

Turmeric Root Extract : Of the thousands of years and millions of studies and billions of uses for this substance my guess is it was included here for two reasons. 1) It's a super charger for antioxidants 2) Increases the brains Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone that functions in the brain and aids in neuron repair and creation.

Dimethylglycine : Not going to lie guys, I had a hell of a time finding anything particularly informative on this guy. It's an amino acid that's being studied for use as a possible treatment for autism and epilepsy. However there are no studies currently to discuss whether it is safe to supplement with this longer than 28 days at a time. I'm assuming there is something I cannot find on this seeing as I just took 300mg every day for 30 days and suffered no ill side effects.

Grape Skin Extract : Potent antioxidant

Synapsa : Patented version of Bacopa Monnieri Whole Plant Extract. This guy increases neuron communication and aids in short term memory along with visual processing and retention.

Rhodiola : Think of this as body armor for your neurons. Has been proven to reduce harmful chemicals and loss of synapse communication during prolonged stressful conditions.

Green Tea Extract : Whole monkey butt - look this one up guys, you could write a few books on it's benefits.

So you take two pills with food twice a day. The pills do have a very bitter taste to them, doesn't seem to hang on too long if you wash them right down.

Things get hard here. I obviously cannot measure it's ability to protect my brain other than to tell you I didn't get brain sick for the thirty days I took it. There was a noticeable difference in my ability to multitask and retain information and my focus was a little better. None of the effects were mind blowing and it was definitely something that showed up late in the game (about day 23 is when I started noticing the changes). I would be very interested to see if there was a significant difference if I took it longer (say 90 days?). Also, I would be interested in the effects of increased dosage. Reading into the ingredients most of the studies performed on them used significantly higher amounts than found in Neurellas formula. For the bottle I was given I didn't feel any effects until the last week of taking them. It seems to have the potential there but I'm assuming if it IS there to feel anything significant you would have to make this a staple in your stack and take it long term.

$50.00 on Amazon. For what I felt in 30 days I probably will not buy this product. If the price came down, if the dosage went up and there was a long term study and/or review on this product I may consider taking it again, I love the IDEA of it, but right now I can't justify it.

Side Effects

CRAZY VIVID DREAMS!!!! Holy Husqvarna Chainsaw guys! I could write a hell of a book on the crazy poo my brain came up with during my slumber. On one hand I'm assuming that means that something IS happening with the chemicals up there, on the other hand I cannot remember half the damn dreams so....about that short term memory claim....

Conclusion

As it stands I could not recommend this product to somebody. Seems under dosed, over priced and there are no long time reviews to look at.

Neurella, if you're listening and want to send me three bottles so I can do a 90 Day Review! I'd be very interested to see how this does long term. Within the one bottle time period though, not enough results.

December 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Focus
    • Better Mental Clarity
    • Enhanced Cognition
    • Positive Mood
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • A Bit Pricey

A special thanks to Neurella Labs for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their Nootropic Supplement Neurella and my experience with it. My experience with nootropic overall has gotten a bit extensive over recent times. Being someone who hits the gym intensely, works long hours, and still needs to find time for collegiate studies means keeping the brain and the focus gears in high operating order for proper performance anytime everyday.

Neurella's profile is fully disclosed with several well known ingredients including the following:

(As a note, these dosages are provided in a two cap serving size. Also, while these ingredients may have several benefits overall, I am only going to focus on the benefits as they relate to their inclusion in a nootropic support supplement)

Vitamin B12 (100mcg): The body uses vitamin B12 to produce methionine, which is needed to protect DNA in all living tissue throughout the body. B12 also plays a role in serotonin production, leading to a more positive balanced mood.

Huperzine-A (100mcg): Best known for its cognition enhancement properties by supporting brain functionality such as memory and other mental abilities through enhanced acetylcholine production.

Citicoline (100mg) : Known as a vital brain nutrient, citicoline helps support brain matter, functionality, and neurotransmitter production.

Ashwagandha root and leaf extract (125mg): An effective adaptogen that can support healthy levels of energy, mental cognition, and also has testosterone boosting benefits.

CQ10 (50mg): A potent antioxidant with cardio health supporting properties and blood vessel health supporting qualities as well, which in turn help improve circulation to vital organs such as the brain.

N-acetyl Cysteine (300mg): Most frequently used as a liver support supplement, but it's ability to increase levels of the protective anti-oxidant glutathione, make it a superb supplement to help support the health of brain tissue by protecting against free radical damage.

Turmeric root extract (125mg): Known to have virtually A-Z benefits, but in relation to a nootropic aid, turmeric has vital protective and anti-oxidant properties that help to protect and promote the production of new DNA within vital tissue such as that of the brain.

Dimethylglycine (150mg): Also known as vitamin B15, dimethylglycine has been demonstrated to have ergogenic properties as well as nervous system functionality support by improving oxygen uptake and acting as a building block to new DNA production.

Grape Skin Extract (50mg): Both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient that can protect brain tissue, but has also been shown to help prevent cognitive decline and potentially slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease.

Bacopa Monnieri (160mg): An adaptogen that aids in enhancing neuron functionality and communication synapse occurrence by promoting the generation of new nerve ending structure, otherwise known as dendrites.

Rhodiola Root (150mg): An adaptogen with the ability to enhance the effects of neurotransmitter dopamine and serotonin, thereby improving mood, memory, focus, and cognition

Green Tea Extract (40mg): Provides supplementation of EGCG, which is a potent anti-oxidant that helps to protect brain cells as well as promote the generation of new neural cells and helps to release new progenitor cells that allow adaptation to new environmental stimuli.

The directions call for a 2-cap serving to be taken twice daily with meals. I took the first serving with breakfast and the second serving with my pre workout meal. If I wasn't training that day, I would take the second serving sometime in the afternoon with a small meal.

The benefits I saw from neurella were mostly in the form of focus, heightened energy, and mental clarity.

My focus was always razor sharp while on Neurella. In the gym, I was performing all of my objectified movements and rep ranges with more concentration and a more determined frame of mind. Outside of the gym, I was able to focus more sharply on my collegiate studies and work related tasks without being distracted or disrupted from distractions.

I had a notable increased level of natural energy throughout the day. I had little to no morning lethargy form previous intense workouts and no sluggishness I may occasionally get from times where I fail to get an adequate amount of sleep.

Lastly, I had an overall more positive mood and clearer state of mentality that complimented both the heightened focus and energy well. I was less frequently on edge, calmer even in stressful situations, and had a more happy demeanor towards others. That is important when you're working in healthcare.

One last thing, I was also never sick while on Neurella, so perhaps the immune enhancing benefits from some of the ingredients kicked in as well. However, this is a nootropic not an immunity support supplement so I didn't pay much attention to that.

The list price for Neurella is 50 dollars for a month's supply. The product is found both through the company's website and amazon. A steep price tag? To an extent...yes, but given the efficacy and benefits to one's overall cognition, mentality, and energy I'd say provided you aren't an overly frequent user of complex nootropic supplements, this is a good value investment for the occasional times where more intensive nootropic support is needed.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Neurella is without a doubt, a highly effective and benefit fulfilling nootropic supplement. It will help to improve focus, concentration, promote heightened natural energy, improve mood, and help to achieve a more clear state of mentality. Just be sure to try to catch it on potential sales in the future as 50 dollars is a little steep in price.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!