Octane Reviews

By: Naturo Nitro

Octane is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Naturo Nitro. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
(SR paid for product; Naturo Nitro did not participate)
  November 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Under Dosed
  • Hard To Find
  • Need 2 Scoops To Get Anything Out Of It

A big shout out to SR.com and SR.com alone here! It seems that they are trying to bring some facts to the supplement world. Here is the "rep" original note on this product: "#1 best selling PWO on Amazon... Brand is unheard of, and impossible to contact. SR will be buying you a tub directly from Amazon." I like this - I don't mind trying stuff and seeing whether or not the hype is right.

So SR.com puts up its cash to see if this TRULY IS a top ranked PWO...

I grabbed this largely for the energy blend. I wanted to try the Yohimbe portion and liked the fact that the blend wasn't just all caffeine. The problem with this deal is it is a total prop blend, so you don't know how much of what you are getting. This is a problem for folks that are sensitive to caffeine or Yohimbe.

The creatine blend, at 2 grams, is under-dosed by 1.5-2.5x's clinical dosages. This is an issue for value - either you have to supplement with more creatine or increase consumption of this product to get any benefit.

Finally, the performance blend is lacking as well. The top tier pre-workouts come with ~3.2 grams of Beta Alanine. The entire performance blend, which includes BA, Arginine, and Agmatine weighs in at a paltry 3 grams. Again, this forces your hand at increasing the serving size to hit clinical/recommended dosages.

The taste was the best part of this. It mixed well too. Dosing this for me was 1.5-2 scoops, see the effectiveness section below. Typical time prior to workout - 30 minutes prior. One thing to note, when I started using this at 1 scoop I had to supplement the creatine, and would have supplemented the BA if I had some. This is part of the reason I increased dosage. Even with increased dosage, the taste was still good and mixability was on par.

With 1.5 to 2 scoops, this product does well. Some jitters for me at that point though - most likely the Yohimbe? I could feel an increase in energy and a "pep in my step" especially when double dosed on leg day. In fact, that is how I best remember this product was using it on the last leg day and thinking, "This stuff isn't too bad." Problem is that it took two scoops to get there and it was more of a post workout crash after those two scoops, so some pleasure, some pain, not all that good...

The Performance Blend really never shined through, until full 2 scoops, but that is too be expected for an under-dosed serving of BA, Arginine, and Agmatine.

Even when doubled I didn't see any great pumps.

I couldn't find this stuff anywhere except here: https://sportingdelight.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3625&language=en&currency=USD.

And this website oddly sells PlayStation 2 games as new arrivals (I am not kidding, these are games like Tiger Woods 07, NHL 09, and Bret Favre is on the cover of the Madden game - it is absolutely out of control!).

They are selling it for $30/tub. Tub is 28 servings, you will only 21 max, that makes this about $1.43 a dose. Not a good deal...

Side Effects

The feeling of being completely underwhelmed and just feeling okay that I didn't pay for it. Some crash after 2 scoops.

Conclusion

There are too many GOOD alternatives in the this sector of the supplement marketplace to even waste your time trying this stuff. Sure, there was some boost but it took 1.5-2 scoops to get there. Not sure how this was the #1 rated product anywhere; oh, wait, yes I do... hahhahah...

Considering how under-dosed it is, you just need to look elsewhere...

Overall
Overall
5.4
6.6
(SR paid for product; Naturo Nitro did not participate)
  November 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:

This to me is the definition of an average preworkout. Its been done a million times over with the same ingredients and the same flavors. It has the basic ingredients that many many other pre's have had over the years. Recently it seems that some companies have moved beyond this type of preworkout and have began adding other new things to the mix.

Like I said in the intro the ingredients are the very definition of basic. The only part that seems to step out of the box any at all is the "energy and focus blend", it has a few things in it that go outside of just caffeine. The performance blend is 3 grams and only made up of 3 things; beta, AAKG, and agmatine sulfate. This blend is of course badly under dosed, the 3 grams would be nice if it was only beta but alas they have included 3 other ingredients. The creatine blend is 2 grams and is made up of 4 different types of creatine, I have no problem with the 4 different types but again the 2 grams is def under dosed. Now getting back to the energy blend this one seems to be the one that is dosed the best but again it is impossible to tell because of the prop blend.

The taste was not bad at all. I believe I had lemon lime and while the taste was far from lemon lime it had a nice flavor. Mixability was also good all it took was some water and a shaker bottle and you were good to go.

Dosing on this was as easy as it gets, one scoop 30 minutes before a workout I downed this. I never went over 1 scoop.

Well effectiveness on this product was actually not bad at all if you're looking only at it from an energy aspect. Every time I took this I got good to decent energy. The type of energy that has you feeling good and tapping your leg if you're sitting down. It was never the over the top cracked out type of energy but several steps above what you get from a standard energy drink.

The other blends are so under dosed that they only will have a very small effect on any type of performance. Again the 3 grams would have been nice if it was only beta but they squeezed in 2 other ingredients in there so that took down the effectiveness of the beta. The 2 grams of creatine included may have a small boost to performance but as we all know the magic number for creatine is 5 grams.

Basically you almost have to look at this product simply as a stim product because the other things are so under dosed, but they try to pass this off as a preworkout with well rounded ingredients. If they had just left the other things out and just had the energy blend in it I wouldn't be judging it so harshly.

I googled and found it for 29.67. Not a bad price but you can prob find much better pre's for the same price point, and if you decide to double up on your dose the value takes a nose dive.

Side Effects

0 side effects

Conclusion

If this was just marketed as a energy supplement and they had left off the other ingredients I might be inclined to give this a bit of a thumbs up but I dont really care for the way that they pixie dusted the other ingredients in their and tried to pass this off as a complete preworkout. Would I buy this with my own money? Not unless I found it for a really good price. I did get decent to good energy but I've tried other products at this same price that gave me the same if not better energy with better dosed ingredients. So nothing to really see here just another average preworkout.