L-Lysine Reviews

By: Nature's Truth

L-Lysine is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by Nature's Truth. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
  September 26, 2017

Hello everybody,

I am a 45 year old with a very busy schedule. Between the kids, the dog, and the wife, needlessly to say work I am always running. I work out 3 to 7 times a week. Currently I am in a massive cutting phase due to my drastic change in diet. Yes I have become one of those proponents of smoothies. I guess I could listen to my mother and just eat my fruits and veggies, but I obviously didn't. So with my Vitamix super blender I go forth. I also tend to suffer from occasional cold sores (now they seem to be stress related) and I find that I get different cuts and stuff that I never did before. I lift weights and do a lot of LISS cardio. As well as try and play tennis with my daughter. ( I am no longer the best player in the family). So as I said before I am a busy guy and am always looking for things that can help.

This is a single active ingredient. L-Lysine at 1000mg. Everything else in this product is what is used to make it into one gigantic horse pill.

There is no taste to this product. I also realize that depending on your tolerance you might want to go with a smaller dose pill. As it would be a lot easier to swallow.

Dosing: This is where I will depart from the "standard". So I will have to explain myself. Here we go.
So if you read that it tells you 1000mg 3 times daily can help with cold sores. This is what I originally used this for back in high school. Now I will tell you that after a while I found that I had to up the dosage. I have used up to 9grams a day to control cold sores. Now, I honestly don't get cold sores nearly as often anymore, normally after I get sick (once or twice a year) I also don't get them on the same spot. It used to be my lip, now its my nose. Anyway from what I read you can safely take up to 9g a day for shorter periods of time. So dosing will depend on what you are trying to do.

I have found this to be very effective at reducing the time I have cold sores. Also I occasionally get a bloody nose due to dryness? I have found that if I use the 3 to 4 dose a day routine it quickly "Heals" the inside of my nose. I have also noticed that cuts and things heal faster if I am taking this. All in all I find it a valuable tool in my supplement routine.

as of 9/26/2017 I found this at Walgreen's for $9.98, and on sale at bed bath and beyond? for $5.48. So depending on where you can find this you can get a pretty good deal. It seems to be a relatively cheap supplement.

Side Effects

I don't have any negative side effects from this supplement. However if you look at different websites you can see that it can cause an increase in Cholesterol, and possibly kidney stones. So be careful before you use too much.

Conclusion

I would say that I have repeatedly told people the benefits of L-Lysine supplementation. It started back in high school with the "cure" for cold sores that I would get when I ate too much chocolate. Now after years and years I find that it helps in other things as well. I can see the benefit to helping heal faster on simple cuts and things as well. I probably didn't notice them when I was younger as I was already healing fast. As I age, my body can use all the help that I can give it. Through proper nutrition and careful supplementation I plan on staying as healthy as I possibly can. If this means I start looking at more simple supplements so be it. If you have any issues like I mentioned or just want to try a cheap supplement, go out and find yourself some L-Lysine from Nature's Truth.

• MarsheS
    September 26, 2017

"Yes I have become one of those proponents of smoothies." Hahahahahaa!