(Better than 90% in Nighttime Sleep Formulas)

SleepBoost is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Nature Restore. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

August 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • 66% Organic
  • Wake Up More Refreshed
  • Stay Asleep
  • Fairly Priced
  • Flexible Dosing
  • Costly Compared With Other Sleep Aides
  • Slight Grogginess

I want to thank Nature Restore for giving me the opportunity to test this fantastic product. I don't always take sleep aide products, but there are times when my sleep schedule is completely out of whack and I need something to help fall sleep and stay asleep at times, so I usually just take some melatonin, but I decided to try out SleepBoost which has melatonin as well as a bunch of other natural ingredients to help with sleep.

3mg Melatonin is the perfect dose for me, some people like more or some like less, but i think it's right on the dot for most. It's a hormone naturally produced in your body that rises at night in order to induce sleepiness.

50mg L-Theanine is an amino acid that has shown anti-anxiety effects via the induction of alpha brain waves and also improves sleep quality.

200mg Magnesium Glycinate helps your body and brain relax in order to help fall asleep and stay asleep

50mg 5-HTP helps the body to produce more serotonin which helps with positive mood as well as promotes restful sleep

5mg of vitamin b6 works alongside magnesium in order to help regulate sleep wake cycle

200mg Reishi is shown to significantly decrease sleep latency, increase sleeping time, non-REM sleep time and light sleep time in animal studies.

200mg Zizyphus jujuba Numerous research on jujube has shown it can exert a sedative effect on the central nervous system.

200mg Valeriana officinalis has sedative effect and also improve the effects of other sleep inducing aids such as melatonin

500mg Xylaria nigripes exerts a sedative effect and enhances GABA activity.

dosing is simple, just take 3 caps 1 hour before bed and don't exceed 12 caps in one day. I would sometimes take 2 or sometimes take 4 depending on how I was feeling

definitely helped me fall asleep at night, unless I took pre workout past 6pm lol but that's normal. Not only did it help me fall asleep, but it helped me stay asleep and not wake up in the middle of the night as I sometimes do when taking other sleep aids. Did wakeup with slight grogginess when taking 4 caps, but nothing major or to turn you away. Now I'm already a heavy sleeper, but this helped me be an even heavier sleeper lol my girl would try and push me to my side of the bed if i was taking too much up and I would not wake up, so on work days where I had to wakeup very early I would try to stick to just 2 caps and maybe take another if I needed to.

7.5/10
Im just putting the value at 7.5 because for 30 servings it's $15 on amazon when you can get 120 servings of 3mg of melatonin for $9. But you do get more
"sleepboosting" ingredients and I think this does help better than just straight melatonin

Side Effects

slight grogginess at higher doses

Conclusion

SleepBoost is a fantastic solution to those who just need that extra boost to help fall asleep and stay asleep at night.

Other Prices:
Nature Restore   $25.95

5.6
  June 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • All Natural
  • Deep Sleep
  • Stay Asleep
  • Wake Up More Refreshed
  • Prop Blend
  • High Melatonin Level
  • Costly Compared With Other Sleep Aides

Why I Chose This Product

I have always had difficulty falling asleep at night. Partly due to genetics and partly due to living a hectic lifestyle. Sleep aid supplements have been something on my radar and in my pantry for years now. I've been loyal to one supplement for years and figured it was time to try something new.

Sleep Boost by Nature restore is an all natural sleep aide that contains a blend of different compounds with the goal of promoting more restful sleep. While I didn't find this to be a total bust compared to the supplement I have been using, I didn't find it to be quite as effective and priced significantly higher. Sleep Boost may be great for some but I would not be a buyer based on the effectiveness and value compared to my normal sleep aide.

Well thank you to Nature Restore for their participation in providing a bottle of Sleep Boost for my review. And as always thanks to Tommy and Clippy for all they do to keep the SR Troop program running. Sleep aide supplements have been a staple for me for quite some time now. I'm one of those people who just has a difficult time turning everything off at night. When I should be resting I'm replaying my days and planning tomorrow. Great for being productive from an organizational standpoint but not from a getting good sleep standpoint. Let's have a look at how Sleep Boost stacked up for me.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to see that the majority of the supplement is in a proprietary blend. But the profile is as follows.

Magnesium Glycinate 300mg

Reishi
Siberian Ginseng
Valeriana Officinalis
Wullinshen

So of the known amounts we can see that the Magnesium and Melatonin are in effective dose ranges but the L-Theanine falls short of the effective range of 100-200mg by a considerable amount. I included a snip of the other ingredients as explained by the Nature Restore website but since I don't know the amounts included in each serving I won't go into any detail about them myself.

One perceived negative is that the standard dose of melatoinin in a serving is 6mg. This may be a little high for some people and lead to being groggy in the mornings. It is fine for me but I can see this being a problem for someone like my wife who is really sensitive to melatonin. Also would be nice to see an effective dose of Theanine since there is pretty strong research that indicates it promotes relaxation.

Simple protocol to follow here. Three capsules an hour before bed.

While I definitely could feel the effects of Sleep Boost it fell a little flat from the results I get from my normal sleep aide. It was definitely better than nothing but as a comparison I consistently got to sleep earlier and got better quality sleep using my normal fare. I track my sleep with an app called Sleep Cycle which rates your sleep based on how long you sleep, how much you wake up, snoring, etc. and gives you a percentage between 1 and 100. I consistently hit 85-90% sleep quality on my regular sleep aide but found myself turning in a lot more nights between 75% and 85% using Sleep Boost. I would intermittently switch from Sleep Boost to my normal supplement while running Sleep Boost and there was almost always a jump in sleep quality when I went back.

Again this was better than nothing for me and definitely helped me fall asleep earlier and get better sleep. But I wouldn't pick this up again based on my results.

Out of respect I won't mention my normal supplement but I can tell you I get a years worth for about $15 plus tax. But I also do one and a half tablets which makes it less than a years worth but still over 240 days worth. By comparison this is the same price for only a months worth. Is the ingredient profile different and more complex with Sleep Boost. Yes it is. But I think that a big part of value has to be predicated on what else is available in the market. $15 per month for better sleep isn't necessarily a bad value but it is far from being a great value.

Side Effects

At the recommended dose of 3 capsules I didn't experience any negative sides such as morning grogginess but at 6mg of melatonin some might have an issue with this.

Conclusion

This isn't a bad supplement, but for me there are far better and far cheaper options that deliver better results. I wouldn't recommend this product based on the value aspect alone compared with other options.

Other Prices:
Nature Restore   $25.95

June 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • All Natural
  • Deep Sleep
  • Fairly Priced
  • Inconsistent Effects
  • Not Best For Immediate Kick

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are.

The ingredient profile is pretty comprehensive for a sleep aid, stopping just short of expensive supplements that make claims of boosting your GH production while sleeping.

This includes magnesium glycinate (a better absorbed version of magnesium compared to your run of the mill magnesium oxide) at 300 mg, l-theanine an amino acid that helps you feel calm and relaxed (I like this in pre workouts too btw!) 6mg of melatonin (a medium-high generally effective dose), as well as valerian, reishi, jujube, and wulinshen, which are all herbs/roots/plant-based ingredients that also assist with relaxation and sleep.

The picture I initially saw of the label online had a prop blend but the one I received every dose was disclosed so props to them for going in the right direction!

Taste/Mixability doesn't really matter here, as the pills don't have any aftertaste. They are capsules that are very easy to swallow and the dosage is 3 capsules per serving. They're small enough to actually swallow all at once if you're decent with pills haha.

This is my first full sleeping aid I have used aside from generic/basic things like a pure melatonin pill, or a 5-HTP and tryptophan thing you could find at a basic pharmacy or convenience store. What I have found in the past is that I am an extreme non-responder to melatonin, even at high dosages like 10mg and above, so you can kind of trust me when I say that this supplement actually works and it's not just the melatonin with a bunch of other fluff.

Now this doesn't knock me right out, nor does it even make me fall asleep faster than the average person (I know bc living in same bedroom in university dorm as a roommate while taking) BUT when you do have mild insomnia or racing thoughts or restlessness I DO find that this seems to somewhat help. I was just slightly more relaxed, and this isn't placebo either likely because I genuinely thought it wouldn't work, and played around with dosages.

Worth noting, this worked pretty well for me 2/3 of the time but 1 out of every 3 times I would take this it would not be noticeable. This could be due to any sort of thing, anxiety, caffeine, you name it, but worth mentioning.

Amazon sells this for 18.95 for 30 servings which leaves each serving at around 63 cents which is a pretty good deal actually considering if you want to use this as needed, you don't take it every day and it will last awhile for less than 20 bucks. If you're one of the lucky people who can get away having good sleeps assisted by solely a low dose of melatonin then this may not be a good value for you compared to that but in the sense of more comprehensive sleeping aids/boosters this is pretty good!

Side Effects

I actually had no side effects with this. No habits formed (although I didn't use every single night repeatedly) nor did I feel a sort of "hangover" the next morning/day that some people report with sleeping aids!

Conclusion

Overall, I am pretty pleased with my experience taking this supplement and it outperformed my expectations of it. I would even consider buying it again in the future since I can spread out dosages and save them for nights where I feel like I actually need it! Worth trying for less than 20 bucks imo!

April 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • All Natural
  • Deep Sleep
  • Affordable
  • Wake Up More Refreshed
  • Stay Asleep

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their sleep aid product, Sleep Boost. Catching those much needed, well deserved Zzzz can be daunting with today's increasingly hectic lifestyles. Being that sleep is one of the most critical factors when it comes to recovery, and general health, ensuring that we get enough is important in keeping our bodies and minds functioning at their peak.

The profile of the formulation I received is a little different from what past reviewers had reviewed.

For starters, there are no prop. blends and this formulation is completely disclosed.

Magnesium glycinate at 200mg - A more readily absorbable and GI friendly form of magnesium. Magnesium is needed for a host of bodily biochemical processes and also plays a role in GH and IGF regulation during REM sleep.

L-Theanine at 50mg - Can improve sleep quality by exerting calming and anti-anxiety effects.

Melatonin at 3mg - A hormone that is naturally produced in your body to induce restfulness and sleep. Supplementing with it, can increase levels and therefore improve sleep quality.

5-HTP at 50mg - A precursor to serotonin that can have calming, mood elevating, and focus improvement properties. It can also promote relaxation and improve sleep.

Vitamin B6 at 5mg - A B-vitamin involved in several body functions including brain function, blood vessel production, and can support eye health. Works alongside magnesium during sleep cycles to regulate hormones and promote immune function.

Reishi Extract at 200mg - Can promote REM sleep induction and help promote deeper more restful sleep when combined with melatonin and other sleep promoting supplements. Has been demonstrated to be a potential treatment for insomnia.

Ziziphus jujuba fruit extract at 200mg - Research suggests that it can exert a sedative effect on the nervous system, inducing calming effects and aiding in rest.

Valeriana officinalis at 200mg - Proposed to have a sedative effect and also improve the effects of other sleep inducing aids such as melatonin and antidepressants.

Xylaria nigripes at 500mg - Also exerts a sedative effects and stimulates the GABA receptors in order to produce a feeling of calmness and relaxation, helping to promote rest.

The difference in this formulation includes the lesser quantity of melatonin, the inclusion of both 5-HTP and Vitamin B6, and a fully disclosed label. The only thing I would change would have the melatonin dosage higher than 3mg. I would prefer 6-10mg myself.

Take 3 capsules of this an hour prior to bedtime on an empty stomach. This is exactly how I took it.

While it didn't have a more pronounced knock out effect, sleep boost did help me achieve a deeper, more restful state of sleep.

I was sleeping significantly deeper and better. I had no bouts of restlessness or difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep. It allowed me to fall asleep quicker and remain asleep without being easily woken up or disturbed.

I was waking up more refreshed, less fatigued, more recuperated, and had higher levels of natural energy. All this helped to translate into ensuring that I continuously was able to go hard day after day in the gym.

You can get a bottle of Sleep Boost for as low as 14.95 on Amazon for a full 30 day's supply. Given the efficacy, quality, and the fact that it is all natural and non-habit forming, this seems like a great value for those needing some help with their sleep quality.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for some help getting those extra Zss more efficiently, Sleep Boost is a great and safe way to do just that. Sleep Boost will help you get to sleep faster, stay asleep longer, sleep deeper, and have you waking up more refreshed and ready to take on the day with more energy.

WARMACHINE OUT!!

GO BRUINS!!!

February 15, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxation
    • Deep Sleep
    • Affordable
    • Prop Blend
    A big thanks going out to Nature Restore for being a big participant in the TROOP, and providing this and many other products to the peeps on this site. I love to sleep, plain and simple. Whenever I get to lay my head on the pillow is one of my favorite times of my day. Good sleep and good rest is also important to obtaining the almighty gainzz, and helping with your recovery.

Dosage

3 pills about 20 to 30 minutes before bed.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

The profile on this product starts out with a 300mg dose of Magnesium Glycinate, a 50mg dose of Theanine and a rather hefty dose of Melatonin at 6mg. For me at least, 6mg of melatonin is the highest I want to go otherwise I wake up feeling and acting like a zombie. I'd like to see the Theanine more in the 100 to 200 mg range as that is more of an effective dose. From here, things take a turn for the worse with a proprietary blend. So there is no real way to know for sure how much of each herbs contained in said blend we are getting and it really gums up the works in terms of being able to take a real objective look into what is in the product. So by default I go with the highest score I would ever give a product that features a blend.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Despite what may or may not be in these pills, the thing that is the most important is there in that they worked well. I was able to drift off to sleep easily each night I took this product, got a good rest, and didn't wake up with the zombie like melatonin hangover. I didn't get that "through the whole night" sleep like I've gotten with other sleep aids, but I still could notice it was helping and working.

Side Effects

None noticed.

Value (8/10)

You can grab these on Amazon at $20.95 for a 30 day supply, which is roughly 70 cents per day. Not a bad deal when you consider the price of other sleep aids on the market. For me straight up 3mg tablets of Melatonin are still the best way to get your bang for your buck, but this product is still an inexpensive option as well.

Conclusion and Verdict

Sleepboost is a simple, yet effective sleep aid that will help you relax and get a good nights sleep without being groggy and slow in the morning. Although it does utilize a proprietary blend in it's profile it does provide a good dose of Melatonin, which for me does a lot of the heavy work when it comes to sleep aids. It's a less expensive and effective way to get that extra little assist in the bedroom...sleep wise that it. This product gets a thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

February 14, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • All Natural
    • Relaxation
    • Flexible Dosing
    • Affordable
    • Prop Blend
    • High Melatonin Level
    Before I get into my review for Sleep Boost, I would like to thank Nature Restore for giving me the opportunity to log their product through the TROOPS program. I would also like to thank them for sending it so quickly to me so I could get right on it, so a promptly posted review is only fair from me.

OK, so I love sleep aids, and I've tried everything from single herbs like Valerian Root and 5HTP all the way up to the most hardcore stuff on the market dosed to the balls with Phenibut and GABA. For the most part, I respond better to the pharma chemicals as opposed to the natural herbs. While Sleep Boost is in the 'natural/herb' side of sleep supplements, I was still keen to give it a go as I would like to find something that works for me that isn't dosed up hard on Phenibut. Let's get into it.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 7/10

So Nature Restore have put together a multi-pronged ingredient profile, with some listed amounts of ingredients and a prop blend that is composed mostly of herbal ingredients. I have never used Magnesium Glycinate before, and it is well-dosed at 300mg, so I was keen to see its effects on me. L-Theanine at 50mg is a decent dosage, as other reviewers have mentioned below. I have used L-Theanine before, but only in conjunction with other, more powerful ingredients, so I felt its influence would be better tested in Sleep Boost without those other ingredients. Now here is where I start to have issues with Sleep Boost. Melatonin is listed at 6mg for a 3 pill serving. Studies show that as little as 2mg is enough to feel an effect. 6mg is therefore a lot. The biggest issue I have with the formulation is that the instructions say don't have more than 12 (!) pills a day. That's 24mg of melatonin. I find that sort of disclaimer at the top of the ingredient profile irresponsible, as ingested 24mg of melatonin on a daily basis is going to at the very least give you a decent sleep hangover. Finally, there's a prop blend with some herbs, the only one of which I've used before was Valerian Root. The prop blend is 1100mg, and Valerian root is down on the blend list, and I like to take my Valerian root between 600-1000mg, so you do the maths and figure out if there's going to be enough to really make a difference. It's not a bad ingredient profile, I just feel that Nature Restore wasn't sure if the other ingredients would work so they dosed up the melatonin to 'make' the product work.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING - 10/10

No issues with taste or mixability, they are pills. Dosing started at the recommended 3 pills 30mins to 1 hour before bed, and was increased to 5 pills eventually so that I could feel it working. At 10mg of melatonin a night I was unwilling to continue to increase the dosage just to see what might happen, however down below in effectiveness I'll explain that I felt I needed more of this for it to actually work the way I wanted it to.

EFFECTIVENESS - 7/10

So in short, Sleep Boost gave me a calming experience prior to bed and some improvement in my sleep duration and quality, but it was not the magic natural/herb based sleep aid I was hoping it would be. Initially on 3 pills I would feel a little bit of calmness and tiredness before bed, although I think there's a bit of a placebo effect going on. I didn't really feel that much of a deeper, more thorough sleep, nor did I feel any sort of sleep hangover in the morning after. After approximately 2 weeks like this, I upped the dosage to what I considered my limit on melatonin, which was 5 pills/10mg. At this dosage the calming and relaxation before bed was more noticeable, most likely due to the melatonin kicking in and the L-Theanine and Valerian Root being at a higher dosage. My sleep was improved to the point I was either not waking up, or waking up once or twice only instead of the multiple times I would normally wake up per night. I experienced some sleep hangover at this dosage, although it was nothing like what a high dose of Phenibut or GABA would give you. I would not call it a knock out sleep don't move for 8+ hours, which leads me to believe either the melatonin either doesn't work so well for me, or it does work and the rest of the ingredients, including the prop blend, are a little meh. Put it this way, I would be very nervous to take 10mg of melatonin and a proven sleep aid supplement like Phenibut if I had to wake up at a reasonable time the next morning, and that really sums up the effectiveness of Sleep Boost for me. Where I can see Sleep Boost being something I would consider again would be as a bridge between a phenibut containing sleep aid and the next sleep aid, whilst still wanting something to help with your sleep.

While Sleep Boost is targeted at a better, deeper sleep, I also took notice of any changes in my recovery. Naturally, a better sleep will give you better recovery, and that is where I found Sleep Boost to sit. I didn't see a marked improvement in my recovery on my time on Sleep Boost, and any improvement that I did see I would mostly attribute to just having a better sleep.

VALUE - 9/10

The value of Sleep Boost is great, 90 caps for around $20USD, assuming it will work for you at the recommended dosage of 3 pills. Once you start having to increase that dosage, the value begins to diminish. I still rank Sleep Boost quite highly for value because it does work, even though it's not a knock out sleep supplement.

CONCLUSION - 7.5/10

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Sleep Boost it did not give me the knock out sleep supplement effects that I was hoping this herb-based profile would. I found Sleep Boost was effective in calming and relaxing me prior to going to sleep, and at a higher dosage gave me an improved, deeper sleep without the hangover that other, more powerful sleep supplements have given me. My largest concern with Sleep Boost is the high level of melatonin in the ingredient profile, and the recommendation that you can take up to 24mg of melatonin a day. Based on that, I would find it hard to recommend Sleep Boost for someone else without the proviso that you take it easy on the dosage, as there's such a high level of melatonin ingested if you really up the dosage. Would I buy Sleep Boost with my own money? If I was after a bridging sleep aid supplement, then the value is really hard to go past, so I would definitely look at it. Would I recommend Sleep Boost to others? Yes, on the proviso that they kept the melatonin intake in check. Thanks for reading guys.

June 21, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • All Natural
    • Deep Sleep
    • Relaxation
    • Flexible Dosing
    • Affordable
    • Not Best For Immediate Kick

Hello everyone, while taking this product I was focused on a lean-bulk workout routine with an emphasis on hypertrophy training. Training extensively coupled with university finals demanded restless nights, so the consumption of this product was timely! I consumed this product as needed approximating 2-3x a week.

Magnesium Glycinate(300mg): A nutrient believed to be deficient in many American diets, its inculsion here is used to induce its relaxing and mild body sedation benefits.

L-Theanine(50mg): derived from green leaves and has shown in several studies to reduce anxiety as well a promote restfulness in the individual.

Melatonin(6g): A naturally occurring chemical secretion from your brain to you body notifying it of when rest is needed, research shows that even 2g of melatonin can be an effective supplementation.

Proprietary sleep boost blend(1100mg)
    This blend is a combination of herbs and ingredients methodically put together to promote restfulness, help induce sleep, full-body relxation, and some anectodally experiences claim help promote more vivid dreaming

Vegetable capsules: Quickly consumed..no issue with taste.
    Dosing: 3 capsules...60 minutes before bed

During my trial with this product I was impressed with this products ability to help promote restful sleep. In fact, I found the same effectiveness throughout varying serving sizes with 1 and 2 capsules. I chose to consume a lesser serving size because I understood that even at 1 capsule my body would be provided with at least 2 grams of melatonin which is sufficiently enough according to research.

During Sleep: I can say with confidence that my sleep while on this product was much better than it was without it. In addition, I believe the deep sleep that was achieved with the help of SleepBoost aided in my recovery from strenuous lifting days. While on this product the user should be able to fall asleep 10-15 minutes after they have gone to bed. The glory of this product is in experiencing the deep sleep and not being woken by intrusive noises or bodily sensations.

Prior to Sleep: It seemed that this product had a 50/50 rate in terms of how effective it was in actually making me feel sleepy. To clarify, this product is exceptional while already asleep and keeping you asleep, but was a hit/miss in terms of providing "drowziness" or a compelling feeling to go to bed.(Which for some may be great/bad depending on need)

**Several times while on this product I found myself having wonderful dreams that I was able to remember the following morning for the most part. Some users familiar with sleep products will know that some products inhibit your recollection and ability to dream, with this product it was not the case.

Best price was found on Amazon: 90 capsules= $20. An incredible value if you find yourself varying the consumption from 1-3 pills.

Side Effects

no observed side effects.

Conclusion

The array of ingredients in SleepBoost are successful in providing quality sleep for the individual. Sleep that drowns unwanted noise, allowing you to maintain long-hours of rest and recovery. This product hits and misses in terms of its drive to get you to bed, but once you are rest assured this product delivers and keeps you asleep. At 90 capsules for $20, the user will find that any serving of 1-3 capsules is effective making this product an enticing, affordable, and effective supplement.

March 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fairly Priced
    • 66% Organic
    • Flexible Dosing
    • Inconsistent Effects
    • Low Dosage
    • Possible Hangover Effect

First off let me just say thank you to the SR Troops program for granting me the opportunity to contribute toward educating users on what they're taking. I'd like to say thank you to Nature Restore for participating in the SR Troops program; you've formulated some awesome products and I look forward to trying them all! I have officially reviewed about seven products, but this is the first time tinkering with the "sleep aid" category.. I've used Arginine Pyroglutamate Lysine and seen positive results in terms of REM sleep. I've used HGH Pro by AI Sports and had lucid dreams (maybe some better recovery, but don't count on it).. Now, I've had Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. So lets dive in..

Ingredient Profile/Dosing

The ingredient profile is rather pleasing (minus the prop blend toward the bottom). You can see that Nature Restore did formulate the product with what has been deemed as efficacious (but generalized) amounts of each compound.. however, product has a recommended amount of 3 capsules per serving although Sleep Boost's optimal dosage will vary based on the individual; in other words, dosing needs to be more flexible (3-6 capsules based on individual needs, for example). The recommended dosage again, is 3 capsules, however, I found my optimal amount to be about 5-6 capsules one hour before bed. Keep in mind I'm only 5'11" at 175, so this isn't size, I appear to have a natural tolerance...

The product uses Magnesium Glycinate as its main ingredient and is what I would call a "safety net" to ensure the products effectiveness. What I mean is that magnesium has many uses such as: regulating/maintaining the functions of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, etc.. So Nature Restore took the initiative to make sure insufficient levels of Magnesium don't hinder their product effectiveness...

So next is the L-Theanine set at 50mg. L-Theanine has been associated with relief of anxiety and/or its tranquil effect on already "calm" individuals, so it is apparent why it is present here.

The last ingredient we have full disclosure of is melatonin; this is naturally occurring in the body, but anything outside of it is synthetic. Most people tend to understand melatonin is a sleep aid, but may not know why.. Melatonin is effective by letting the body & brain know "it's beddy by time." See, our internal clocks are always being tampered with (unless you get to sleep every night at the same time) so it is quite beneficial to supplement melatonin, but again, dosing depends on the individual.. Many studies recommend 3-5mg of melatonin in order to aid sleepless individuals; it is already a tad higher in SleepBoost at 6mg. The duration you use melatonin isn't quite relevant unless your using 2x the recommended dose like yours truly (12mg), then it is recommended to have a 4 week cycle and then 2 weeks off.

The proprietary blend I'm going to get a little lazy on because they tend to have the same effects.. and the amounts... well, they aren't given (proprietary). The only interesting fact I would like to point out is that although a blend, each compound would seem to complement the other and aid in a "carry over effect" to each compound that results in an overall more powerful product. The Zizyphus Jujuba is odd.. it seems to aid in heart health, pain tolerance, and just about everything in terms of maintenance; studies suggest it is a jack of all trades in terms of reducing effects of multiple disorders, even if they aren't similar... Reishi mushroom is more of an all-around boost of the immune system and indirectly aids/amplifies the functions of almost every system within the body. Siberian ginseng is more of a preventive measure that some have identified as beneficial to: a cognitive boost, maintaining mental health, and preventing mental deterioration. Valerian root is known for relieving insomnia in some individuals; not much more to it.. Wulenshin is known for benefits of: Overall wellness and well-being, Prevention of anemia, Improving Cognitive function, Regulating Menstrual function, Improved Mood, Prostate function, Improved sleep... So really, the prop blend is just a series of synergistic compounds. (Overall 7/10)

Taste/Mixability

They're veggie capsules so not much taste or mixability is applicable here.

Sleep Boost works well, but is nothing to scream about.. At least not at the recommended dosage... During the cycle when I was already exhausted I may have slept better while using sleep boost, but not notably at 3 capsules... People react differently to different substances, and also do so at different dosages.. So, if at first the product doesn't seem to serve it's intended purpose, up the dosage one capsule at a time; all the way up to 2x recommended if needed. Upon reaching 2x the recommended dose I did find myself much more rested the next day and waking from uninterrupted sleep. I may have had the slight "hangover" effect from the melatonin, but it'll fade once you get moving. Overall the experience with Nature Restore's Sleep Boost was a good one and I would consider this a staple when altering a current sleep cycle (for example if you work 3rd shift and get moved to 2nd..). (6.5/10)

It is roughly $20 for a 90 capsules (on ebay and amazon). The bottle says "month supply," but depending on how responsive you are to Sleep Boost.. it is more like a 2-3 week supply... Nonetheless, Sleep Boost is still cheaper and more effective than many other products. (7.5/10)

Side Effects

No sides. (10/10)

Conclusion

Not much came of the product initially unless I was already exhausted... I am a bit disappointed however, my mind runs non-stop so I'd love to calm down "naturally" at the end of the day.. but I need to double this dose in order to do it. This is really something where you'll need to assess yourself, but if 3 capsules will work for you, $20 would be well worth the month of great sleep... In my personal opinion, this could be a great product if the dose was a bit higher for the melatonin and prop blend; but as it sits, Sleep Boost deserves credit as having great potential, but nonetheless still a work in progress. (

March 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • All Natural
    • Deep Sleep
    • Relaxation
    • Possible Hangover Effect

Thank you to Nature Restore and SR for providing this product! For a long time I have had cycles where I would sleep great for 2 weeks, but then go another 2 weeks and not get into the much needed REM sleep. This is the first time I have tried any type of sleep product since I have never had trouble until now. The ingredient label is very "natural", which is always what your looking for when trying a product to enhance sleep. With so many stimulants throughout the day (coffee, preworkout and whatever else I decide to try) sometimes a nice sleep boosting formula is all I need!

Magnesium Glycinate (300mg) - Since most people do not get enough magnesium in their diets, such as myself, it is nice to know that this can make up for some of that. Magnesium is a naturally occurring supplement that is responsible for regulation of proper body processes such as protein synthesis, blood pressure, and healthy nerve function. 300 mg of magnesium is the recommended dosing for those wishing to take a magnesium supplement.

L-Theanine (50 mg) - This is a non-dietary amino acid that is found in tea and promotes relaxation without a sedation effect. It is also said to have an effect on reducing stress. What is very interesting in my research of theanine is that this in combination with caffeine (specifically 200mg of each) can promote and increase your cognition and attention (possibly a new approach to staying awake at work????).

Melatonin (6mg) - Oh the good ole' sleep enhancing supplement. Naturally occurring in your body the highest levels of melatonin occur just as the sun sets when it gets dark out and the levels stay high until you wake up in the morning. It plays its largest role in your sleep-wake cycle (I think most people should know that one). There is evidence stating that melatonin can aid in fat loss, muscle building, and recovery.

Proprietary Sleep Boost Blend (1100 mg) (Zizyphus jujuba spinosa, Reishi, Siberian ginseng, Valeriana officinalis, Wulinshen)- this blend is made up of plant based extracts. Most of them have a sedation effect, but some have other properties. Zizyphus is derived from a shrub and there is some evidence supporting its ability to improve strength. Siberian ginseng is said to strengthen the body and improve your ability to resist daily stress.

No taste. Looking through some research I found that there is appropriate dosing of each of the ingredients in this product. Make sure you take the product an hour before bed or it might not work like you hope.

Its ability to put you to sleep and stay asleep is great. I know people that take Melatonin supplements from time to time and say they get the same effects as what I describe to them. Since I have never taken Melatonin independently I have no comment on that. In regards to this product, I get to sleep easy and stay asleep all night. I will say that there is a mild hangover effect after I get up lasting for about an hour (hangover meaning drowsy), but that may be expected with the ingredients in this product. In regards to the "muscle recovery and building properties" some of the ingredients may have, I don't see much of a change. The biggest thing is that I am able to sleep thorough the night and get to the gym in the morning with solid energy and the focus I need to get me through the workouts. In addition to what I have already mentioned, I also have noticed that I feel stronger during my workouts. I attribute this mostly to my improved sleep rather than the specific ingredients in the product.

Good Value. Cheapest I found was $19.95 on Amazon Prime.

Side Effects

Possible drowsiness the morning after.

Conclusion

Overall, good product. It does exactly what it claims to do and that is get to sleep fast and stay asleep. I noticed that I am able to get into the REM sleep faster and easier. Its a great feeling to wake up and feel like you actually slept throughout the night. Believe it or not researchers have increased the recommended sleep time to 8-10 hours a night. During 20-25% of this time your in REM sleep, and during REM sleep your body turns OFF the production of Acetylcholine (the neurotransmitter responsible for muscle contraction) and you go into a period of complete paralysis. During this time your body heals, including your muscles that need recovery. In addition, researchers say that your body releases growth hormones and there is an increase in protein synthesis. This may be why many people use Casein protein right before bed. All in all a good product that is true to its word, I would recommend trying if your interested in getting a better night sleep.

March 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxation
    • Deep Sleep
    • All Natural
    • Prop Blend
    Hey there fit fam! I am here to drop a few lines on what I think of Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. I have tried a couple of sleep aids a couple of years ago and one I really liked and the other.... Not so much. One would make me extremely groggy. The other made me feel great the next morning. Because of this I was skeptical about trying Sleep Boost because I was afraid that it would give me the groggy feeling. I have been trying to cut weight for the last 8 weeks now and it is going great. This was another reason why I wanted this sleep aid. My workouts are grueling. My carbs are low. Therefore I knew that my sleep was paramount.

The ingredient profile isn't hard to understand and doesn't have a lot of ingredients that I've never heard of. However, there were a few. I had to look up Magnesium Glycinate and a couple of the ingredients in the prop blend they have listed.

Magnesium Glycinate is made up of magnesium, an essential mineral, and glycine, a non-essential amino acid. It is easily absorbed by your body, likely because it gets carried to your cells bound to the amino acid. Magnesium deficiency most often occurs because it is not abundant in food sources. For your brain to produce melatonin properly, it must first bind to magnesium in your blood. For this reason, if you have a magnesium deficiency, you may have trouble regulating your sleep cycles. Magnesium glycinate supplements may help to increase the amount of melatonin your body produces because it is readily absorbed by your body, allowing magnesium to reach your brain more easily.

I have attached the ingredient label for you to see the other ingredients listed on the label.

There wasn't any taste to the pills I took. That's another thing I enjoyed. My previous sleep aids were liquids and one tasted like cough syrup to me.

You don't mix it with anything. There just pills

Dosing is simple. About 30 minutes before you want to lay down and go to sleep pop 3 of these things and get ready for a GREAT nights sleep.

The first night I slept like a baby. I woke up feeling refreshed. My quality of sleep made it easy for me to get out of bed and start my day without a second thought. The last day I took these also made it just as easy. I skipped one or two days during this period just to see if I would still sleep as deep and I did not. I found myself waking up 4-5 times a night and tossing and turning.

I found this on Amazon for right at $20 for a 30 day supply. That I'm ok with. This makes it cheaper than the previous sleep aids I used as well. I definitely don't mind paying this much for what I get. I am currently taking another sleep aid since I have ran out of this and am trying to compare the two. Once I complete this new one I will compare and decide which one I feel is better for me. Cost will play a huge part in this.

Side Effects

ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good nights sleep, forget looking for a new pillow or new mattress. Buy Sleep Boost. I don't care where you are when it's time to go to bed, Sleep Boost will knock you out and give you a great nights sleep. I would DEFNITELY recommend this to my fellow gym rats. If you have never tried a sleep aid or you have had a bad experience I would suggest you try Sleep Boost. Thanks to Nature Restore and SR.com for this opportunity. I would have never thought about trying this product without a program like this.