Ranks #6 (better than 87%)
In: Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

SleepBoost is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Nature Restore. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

BigRedd777
TROOPer Level: 9
  March 31, 2017

----Introduction----
First off let me just say thank you to the SR Troops program for granting me the opportunity to contribute toward educating users on what they're taking. I'd like to say thank you to Nature Restore for participating in the SR Troops program; you've formulated some awesome products and I look forward to trying them all! I have officially reviewed about seven products, but this is the first time tinkering with the "sleep aid" category.. I've used Arginine Pyroglutamate Lysine and seen positive results in terms of REM sleep. I've used HGH Pro by AI Sports and had lucid dreams (maybe some better recovery, but don't count on it).. Now, I've had Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. So lets dive in..

----Ingredient Profile/Dosing----
The ingredient profile is rather pleasing (minus the prop blend toward the bottom). You can see that Nature Restore did formulate the product with what has been deemed as efficacious (but generalized) amounts of each compound.. however, product has a recommended amount of 3 capsules per serving although Sleep Boost's optimal dosage will vary based on the individual; in other words, dosing needs to be more flexible (3-6 capsules based on individual needs, for example). The recommended dosage again, is 3 capsules, however, I found my optimal amount to be about 5-6 capsules one hour before bed. Keep in mind I'm only 5'11" at 175, so this isn't size, I appear to have a natural tolerance...

The product uses Magnesium Glycinate as its main ingredient and is what I would call a "safety net" to ensure the products effectiveness. What I mean is that magnesium has many uses such as: regulating/maintaining the functions of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, etc.. So Nature Restore took the initiative to make sure insufficient levels of Magnesium don't hinder their product effectiveness...

So next is the L-Theanine set at 50mg. L-Theanine has been associated with relief of anxiety and/or its tranquil effect on already "calm" individuals, so it is apparent why it is present here.

The last ingredient we have full disclosure of is melatonin; this is naturally occurring in the body, but anything outside of it is synthetic. Most people tend to understand melatonin is a sleep aid, but may not know why.. Melatonin is effective by letting the body & brain know "it's beddy by time." See, our internal clocks are always being tampered with (unless you get to sleep every night at the same time) so it is quite beneficial to supplement melatonin, but again, dosing depends on the individual.. Many studies recommend 3-5mg of melatonin in order to aid sleepless individuals; it is already a tad higher in SleepBoost at 6mg. The duration you use melatonin isn't quite relevant unless your using 2x the recommended dose like yours truly (12mg), then it is recommended to have a 4 week cycle and then 2 weeks off.

The proprietary blend I'm going to get a little lazy on because they tend to have the same effects.. and the amounts... well, they aren't given (proprietary). The only interesting fact I would like to point out is that although a blend, each compound would seem to complement the other and aid in a "carry over effect" to each compound that results in an overall more powerful product. The Zizyphus Jujuba is odd.. it seems to aid in heart health, pain tolerance, and just about everything in terms of maintenance; studies suggest it is a jack of all trades in terms of reducing effects of multiple disorders, even if they aren't similar... Reishi mushroom is more of an all-around boost of the immune system and indirectly aids/amplifies the functions of almost every system within the body. Siberian ginseng is more of a preventive measure that some have identified as beneficial to: a cognitive boost, maintaining mental health, and preventing mental deterioration. Valerian root is known for relieving insomnia in some individuals; not much more to it.. Wulenshin is known for benefits of: Overall wellness and well-being, Prevention of anemia, Improving Cognitive function, Regulating Menstrual function, Improved Mood, Prostate function, Improved sleep... So really, the prop blend is just a series of synergistic compounds. (Overall 7/10)

----Taste/Mixability----
They're veggie capsules so not much taste or mixability is applicable here.

----Effectiveness----
Sleep Boost works well, but is nothing to scream about.. At least not at the recommended dosage... During the cycle when I was already exhausted I may have slept better while using sleep boost, but not notably at 3 capsules... People react differently to different substances, and also do so at different dosages.. So, if at first the product doesn't seem to serve it's intended purpose, up the dosage one capsule at a time; all the way up to 2x recommended if needed. Upon reaching 2x the recommended dose I did find myself much more rested the next day and waking from uninterrupted sleep. I may have had the slight "hangover" effect from the melatonin, but it'll fade once you get moving. Overall the experience with Nature Restore's Sleep Boost was a good one and I would consider this a staple when altering a current sleep cycle (for example if you work 3rd shift and get moved to 2nd..). (6.5/10)

----Value----
It is roughly $20 for a 90 capsules (on ebay and amazon). The bottle says "month supply," but depending on how responsive you are to Sleep Boost.. it is more like a 2-3 week supply... Nonetheless, Sleep Boost is still cheaper and more effective than many other products. (7.5/10)

No sides. (10/10)

----Conclusion----
Not much came of the product initially unless I was already exhausted... I am a bit disappointed however, my mind runs non-stop so I'd love to calm down "naturally" at the end of the day.. but I need to double this dose in order to do it. This is really something where you'll need to assess yourself, but if 3 capsules will work for you, $20 would be well worth the month of great sleep... In my personal opinion, this could be a great product if the dose was a bit higher for the melatonin and prop blend; but as it sits, Sleep Boost deserves credit as having great potential, but nonetheless still a work in progress. (
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flexible Dosing
  • 66% Organic
  • Fairly Priced
  • Possible Hangover Effect
  • Inconsistent Effects
  • Low Dosage
Gdolce42
TROOPer Level: 20
  March 7, 2017

----Introduction----
Thank you to Nature Restore and SR for providing this product! For a long time I have had cycles where I would sleep great for 2 weeks, but then go another 2 weeks and not get into the much needed REM sleep. This is the first time I have tried any type of sleep product since I have never had trouble until now. The ingredient label is very "natural", which is always what your looking for when trying a product to enhance sleep. With so many stimulants throughout the day (coffee, preworkout and whatever else I decide to try) sometimes a nice sleep boosting formula is all I need!

----Ingredient Profile----
Magnesium Glycinate (300mg) - Since most people do not get enough magnesium in their diets, such as myself, it is nice to know that this can make up for some of that. Magnesium is a naturally occurring supplement that is responsible for regulation of proper body processes such as protein synthesis, blood pressure, and healthy nerve function. 300 mg of magnesium is the recommended dosing for those wishing to take a magnesium supplement.

L-Theanine (50 mg) - This is a non-dietary amino acid that is found in tea and promotes relaxation without a sedation effect. It is also said to have an effect on reducing stress. What is very interesting in my research of theanine is that this in combination with caffeine (specifically 200mg of each) can promote and increase your cognition and attention (possibly a new approach to staying awake at work????).

Melatonin (6mg) - Oh the good ole' sleep enhancing supplement. Naturally occurring in your body the highest levels of melatonin occur just as the sun sets when it gets dark out and the levels stay high until you wake up in the morning. It plays its largest role in your sleep-wake cycle (I think most people should know that one). There is evidence stating that melatonin can aid in fat loss, muscle building, and recovery.

Proprietary Sleep Boost Blend (1100 mg) (Zizyphus jujuba spinosa, Reishi, Siberian ginseng, Valeriana officinalis, Wulinshen)- this blend is made up of plant based extracts. Most of them have a sedation effect, but some have other properties. Zizyphus is derived from a shrub and there is some evidence supporting its ability to improve strength. Siberian ginseng is said to strengthen the body and improve your ability to resist daily stress.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
No taste. Looking through some research I found that there is appropriate dosing of each of the ingredients in this product. Make sure you take the product an hour before bed or it might not work like you hope.

----Effectiveness----
Its ability to put you to sleep and stay asleep is great. I know people that take Melatonin supplements from time to time and say they get the same effects as what I describe to them. Since I have never taken Melatonin independently I have no comment on that. In regards to this product, I get to sleep easy and stay asleep all night. I will say that there is a mild hangover effect after I get up lasting for about an hour (hangover meaning drowsy), but that may be expected with the ingredients in this product. In regards to the "muscle recovery and building properties" some of the ingredients may have, I don't see much of a change. The biggest thing is that I am able to sleep thorough the night and get to the gym in the morning with solid energy and the focus I need to get me through the workouts. In addition to what I have already mentioned, I also have noticed that I feel stronger during my workouts. I attribute this mostly to my improved sleep rather than the specific ingredients in the product.

----Value----
Good Value. Cheapest I found was $19.95 on Amazon Prime.

----Side Effects----
Possible drowsiness the morning after.

----Conclusion----
Overall, good product. It does exactly what it claims to do and that is get to sleep fast and stay asleep. I noticed that I am able to get into the REM sleep faster and easier. Its a great feeling to wake up and feel like you actually slept throughout the night. Believe it or not researchers have increased the recommended sleep time to 8-10 hours a night. During 20-25% of this time your in REM sleep, and during REM sleep your body turns OFF the production of Acetylcholine (the neurotransmitter responsible for muscle contraction) and you go into a period of complete paralysis. During this time your body heals, including your muscles that need recovery. In addition, researchers say that your body releases growth hormones and there is an increase in protein synthesis. This may be why many people use Casein protein right before bed. All in all a good product that is true to its word, I would recommend trying if your interested in getting a better night sleep.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Possible Hangover Effect
wjmathewsx
TROOPer Level: 47
  March 4, 2017

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
Hey there fit fam! I am here to drop a few lines on what I think of Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. I have tried a couple of sleep aids a couple of years ago and one I really liked and the other.... Not so much. One would make me extremely groggy. The other made me feel great the next morning. Because of this I was skeptical about trying Sleep Boost because I was afraid that it would give me the groggy feeling. I have been trying to cut weight for the last 8 weeks now and it is going great. This was another reason why I wanted this sleep aid. My workouts are grueling. My carbs are low. Therefore I knew that my sleep was paramount.

----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile isn't hard to understand and doesn't have a lot of ingredients that I've never heard of. However, there were a few. I had to look up Magnesium Glycinate and a couple of the ingredients in the prop blend they have listed.

Magnesium Glycinate is made up of magnesium, an essential mineral, and glycine, a non-essential amino acid. It is easily absorbed by your body, likely because it gets carried to your cells bound to the amino acid. Magnesium deficiency most often occurs because it is not abundant in food sources. For your brain to produce melatonin properly, it must first bind to magnesium in your blood. For this reason, if you have a magnesium deficiency, you may have trouble regulating your sleep cycles. Magnesium glycinate supplements may help to increase the amount of melatonin your body produces because it is readily absorbed by your body, allowing magnesium to reach your brain more easily.

I have attached the ingredient label for you to see the other ingredients listed on the label.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

There wasn't any taste to the pills I took. That's another thing I enjoyed. My previous sleep aids were liquids and one tasted like cough syrup to me.

You don't mix it with anything. There just pills

Dosing is simple. About 30 minutes before you want to lay down and go to sleep pop 3 of these things and get ready for a GREAT nights sleep.

----Effectiveness----
The first night I slept like a baby. I woke up feeling refreshed. My quality of sleep made it easy for me to get out of bed and start my day without a second thought. The last day I took these also made it just as easy. I skipped one or two days during this period just to see if I would still sleep as deep and I did not. I found myself waking up 4-5 times a night and tossing and turning.

----Value----
I found this on Amazon for right at $20 for a 30 day supply. That I'm ok with. This makes it cheaper than the previous sleep aids I used as well. I definitely don't mind paying this much for what I get. I am currently taking another sleep aid since I have ran out of this and am trying to compare the two. Once I complete this new one I will compare and decide which one I feel is better for me. Cost will play a huge part in this.

ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good nights sleep, forget looking for a new pillow or new mattress. Buy Sleep Boost. I don't care where you are when it's time to go to bed, Sleep Boost will knock you out and give you a great nights sleep. I would DEFNITELY recommend this to my fellow gym rats. If you have never tried a sleep aid or you have had a bad experience I would suggest you try Sleep Boost. Thanks to Nature Restore and SR.com for this opportunity. I would have never thought about trying this product without a program like this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Prop Blend
Clipper83
TROOPer Level: 52
  February 23, 2017

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
It has been a while since I've used supplements that help you sleep. I find them very beneficial and honestly, they are sometimes underappreciated. People argue all the time whether or not certain supplements(test boosters for instance) do anything at all, yet when it comes to sleep products, they tend to actually do what they advertise. This is of course if they are properly dosed and have good ingredients in them.

Here we have Nature Restore SleepBoost. Right off the bat I knew I wasn't going to approve of some things about it, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Right off the bat I'll tell you what I'm not a big fan of... the high dose of melatonin. I feel like melatonin is abused by too many people as it is. Too much gives you a sleep hangover, and can actually disrupt your sleep cycle. The lower the better.

With that out of the way, 2 ingredients I liked right off the bat were the valerian and magnesium glycinate. Nature Restore chose a magnesium that is known to have a high absorption rate, while valerian is a well known relaxer, which is non-habit forming. Huge fan of valerian and I always have success using it.

Some of the other ingredients have some studies behind them, yet are probably not dosed high enough(look at Jujube for instance). I've never tried theanine on its on, but enough people swear by it so I'm sure it plays its part.

Overall, some good, some meh. Not a big fan of blends, but it is what it is.

3 fairly small pills before bed. The pills are easy to swallow, and dosing time(1 hour before bed) is fine as well. Overall, not bad at all.

Some days I only took 2 pills, and it seemed to work fine as well.

Effectiveness:(8.6/10)

I'll break this into categories.

Helping me get to sleep: This didn't knock me out like some other products have(G8 comes to mind), but I did notice I'd fall asleep much faster than usual when I actually got into bed.

Rest: Overall, this performed quite well. I got solid sleep, and felt pretty well rested, even on days where I only got 5 hours of sleep. Can't really say I woke up refreshed, but 5 hours of sleep felt like 7 hours or so. Dreams weren't really effected by it. Didn't get as deep sleep as Noxitropin, but solid nonetheless.

Sleep hangovers: even with the high dose of melatonin I didn't experience many sleep hangovers, which is welcome. My gf took SleepBoost several times as well and she didn't have any either.

Value:(9.5/10)

You can get this for around $20 on amazon. That's a really good price for what you are getting. Can't complain on this one bit. Some might be able to get away with 1 pill at night, which would bring this to a 10/10 value in all honesty.

Side Effects

None really, maybe a slight sleep hangover once in a while. Nothing to note really.

Conclusion

Nature Restore has a good product here. While I still think the melatonin is too high, I got some solid sleep out of SleepBoost and would recommend it to many.

While it may not be for the hardcore people who love products like Noxitropin(my all-time favorite), or Mass HGH from LeCheek, I'd recommend it for someone who wants to get better sleep on a regular basis.

Well worth the $20.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Prop Blend
Vaughn
TROOPer Level: 45
  February 18, 2017

----Introduction----

It's my pleasure today to write a review for Nature Restore's sleep supplement called Sleep Boost. I love taking sleep aids as I usually take a lot of stims and I love the help of sleep suppl,events in helping me relax, get a deeper sleep, and waking up refreshed with more energy and enhanced recovery. I have taken a lot of these supplements, and this ranks near the top. On to the review.

----Ingredient Profile----

I attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it has some ingredients disclosed and other in a blend. It contains a variety of natural herbs and plants that help with anti anxiety, relaxation, sleep quality, and anti oxidant properties. Honestly, the only ones I have ever heard of and used before are Theanine, valerian root, and melatonin. The other exotic herbs and fungi all have studies and research on their website showing relaxation and better sleep quality properties. I do like using natural herbs, and some sleep aids can be quite habit forming so I like this approach. I'd like to know the exact amounts, but if it works it works. So, an all natural herbal formula with some well known and some new ingredients for me. I was excited to give this a try.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

3 veggie caps, no taste, which is nice as natural herbals can sometimes taste horrific. Dosing is 3 caps 45 min-1 hour before bed. I usually took this on an empty stomach. Pretty standard and easy to follow.

----Effectiveness----

Wow, this really worked. Right at about 45 min after taking I would begin to feel very relaxed and drowsy and even begin to doze off. I'd head to bed and fall asleep very quickly, which is hard for me to do as I usually toss and turn awhile and think about the daily stresses. I did have a much deeper sleep and would sleep the entire night which I am pretty good about gett 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I did have the enhanced R.E.M. sleep with some very vivid dreams. When my alarm went off, I felt very rested and ready to start the day. By the time the morning shower was done, I was completely alert and ready to go. This did help my recovery as well as I was a lot less sore and recovered faster from the gym. Overall, this was very effective in helping me get to sleep, stay asleep, get a deeper sleep, and helped my recovery. I was very happy with this product.

----Value----

You can find this for $20 on Amazon, which for a full 30 day supply I think is a great value. If you want a nice, simple, natural sleep aid I think this is a great buy.

----Side Effects----

None. After stoppage of use, sleep quality was not as good but I didn't experience any dependency issues.

----Conclusion----

Loved this product. I like that it's an all natural product and worked extremely well. Sleep is very important to me so I know I will buy this again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Prop Blend