7.1

(Better than 31% in Anti-Oxidants)

ROOTS is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Nature Restore. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.

Overall
Overall
4.9
4.2
5.2
  July 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Useful Individual Packets
  • Healthy Drink
  • Prop Blend

It has a lot of good ingredients but you dont really feel anything like you would in other blends

I would like to thank nature restore for letting me try this product. I try to eat greens daily but I dont really get enough in my diet so I figured this would help. My box was missing a few packets so I had a few less than what it should come with but it must've been a bad batch when I received mine.

The packet size is 12g and you get a lot of ingredients in a prop blend. As other reviewers have pointed out, the first 3 ingredients are Tapioca Maltodextrin, Pectin, and Flavoring. Since these are not fruit or vegetable related, I am a bit skeptical about how much of the powder is actually fruits and vegetables. For what is in there, the ingredients looks very good with items like Broccoli Sprout Extract, Spinich Powder, Goji Bery Extract and other similar ingredients but I have no idea how much of each is actually in here because of the prop blend.

The taste was one of the better greens out there. It mostly tastes like berries and a small hint of vegetables.

The mixability was alright. Just a few shakes and it was done but it would always settle to the bottom fast so you have to keep shaking it as you drink it.

I would have one packet as soon as I got up in the morning with 10 oz of water.

I truthfully have nothing to say about this. I did not get an energy boost or anything from this. I did not get sick while on this but I have not been sick in a long time. Sorry to keep this part short but I honestly have nothing to say. I was hoping to feel more energized and motivated throughout the day from this but I got nothing. Sorry.

You can buy this for $30 at their website. That would be $1.50 each packet. I think that price is too high for something with this ingredient profile and did not make me feel anything at all.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This seems to be a good product when you look at it but then you realize it was a waste of a purchase when you try it. The ingredients are not disclosed so you dont know how much of each you are getting and you dont feel anything from this. It has a great taste but that's all I think is good about this product. The packers are pretty convenient if you are on the go.

5.5
  April 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Useful Individual Packets
  • High Antioxidant Metric
  • Prop Blend

An antioxidant supplement that doesn't taste like grass, but hard to tell what's in it or if it's worth it.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's an antioxidant supplement called ROOTS brought to you by Nature Restore. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Nature Restore's rep, natureRep, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at: https://supplementreviews.com/users/jamesjsix

The packet size is 12g and you get...stuff. That's honestly the best way to put it overall as the blend is a prop blend and there are about 40 different ingredients in there. As a few other reviewers have pointed out, the first 3 ingredients are Tapioca Maltodextrin, Pectin, and Flavoring. Since these are not fruit or vegetable related, I have a bit of a concern about how much of the powder is actually what you are buying it for. The prop blend hurts here as if they at least gave us the total greens/reds content, then I know what part is actually the active supplement. For what is in there, the ingredients looks very good with items like Broccoli Sprout Extract, Spinich Powder, Goji Bery Extract and other similar ingredients but again, no idea if the amounts are significant.

This is where most supplements of this time really let me down but in this case, ROOTS shines brightly. If you compare this to something like Amazing Grass, the taste is significantly better and doesn't taste like you just filled a shaker bottle full of dirt and lawn clippings. Instead, the taste of the berries comes through and you just get a hnit on the vegetation that is also in there. This is probably the powder's best feature as supplements like this are only effective if you actually take them.

Mixability and dosing are strong point for ROOTS, it shakes up pretty easily in a shaker bottle (5-10 seconds in a blender bottle) and though it foams up, that foam is very thin and dies down in less than a minute. The dosing is similarly easy as the packets contain 12g each.

5.5

Judging this is hard as taking this supplement should aide in your diet, not give you increased workout abilities, gains, or anything else easily noticeable. Nature Restore try to put a number on how effective this is by touting the Cellular Antioxidant Activity (CAA) of the product as having the CAA of 158 lbs of spinach.

I had never heard of CAA before so internet research turns up that "The CAA assay is a more biologically relevant method than the popular chemistry antioxidant activity assays because it accounts for some aspects of uptake, metabolism, and location of antioxidant compounds within cells." I pulled this from the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry which can be found:

Without a degree in biochemistry, I take the information to mean that it has a strong antioxidant effect, which is one of the primary benefits of eating a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables. What is missing from this is the rest of the benefits that come with a diet higher in fruits and vegetables, specifically the vitamins and minerals that are likely not included in this supplement.

I didn't notice any substantive changes or health effects from this product during the run. I don't have the best diet when it comes to fruits and vegetables so I assume it helped somewhat, but not to the point where I know it was working. Additionally, the package claims to help you feel energized but i didn't notice in increase in energy. So overall, I think this is an effective product when looked at as an antioxidant only, but I don't have a high degree of confidence that it is an effective "greens" or "reds" supplement compared to others since I don't know what's actually in it.

Only place I can find this product is from Nature Restore's own website where you are paying $1.50 a packet and it comes in a 20 pack. That's not cheap and leaves me struggling compared to other similar products. For example, Controlled Labs' Oximega Greens has many of the same ingredients in a fully disclosed label for ~35 cents a serving. The convenience of having the single serve packets is nice, but its not worth an extra dollar plus every time I have this, even if the taste here is far better.

Side Effects

None, no upset stomach or bowel issues.

Conclusion

The only measurable effect of this product for me is the antioxidant factor (through the CAA metric...science). The good taste helps but without knowing the amount of ingredients in the prop blend, I honestly have no idea what is actually in the product, how effective it is, and it's more expensive than its competitors as well. The CAA number seems nice to have and the taste is actually pretty good but I can't really see any reason to get this product over others that are cheaper and fully disclosed. Do not recommend.

April 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Useful Individual Packets
  • Slightly Expensive

If I could eat meat and potatoes at every meal while still getting my nutritional requirements from fruit and veggies in a pill or powder, I'd be smitten. Unfortunately, as far as I know the technology isn't there yet; but Nature Restore provides a close runner-up! I'd like to thank Nature Restore for their prolonged support of SR.com and for letting me give this new greens-powder a spin! I really enjoyed the taste and felt like it helped to keep me healthy throughout my run despite a sniffling kid and spouse. It was also really easy to fit into my routine, no matter where I was!

One packet of Roots contains 12g of greens powder with a long list of ingredients in a proprietary blend. Everything contained in Roots is soy-free, gluten free, and Non-GMO.

An initial drawback I have here is that the first 3 ingredients are Organic Tapioca Maltodextrin, Pectin, and Flavoring. None of these help me and I have no idea how much is in here.

From there we start to see the good stuff... Barley grass powder and apple juice powder, but then get another break in the action to get calcium phosphate and malic acid before continuing with the greens and veggies. I'll post a picture at the end to let you analyze further, but I'm not going to dwell on this since we don't know how much is in here. Also since despite spinach being the 11th ingredient, you supposedly still receive the cellular antioxidant activity of 158lbs of spinach! K-cool.

What I don't understand, and maybe the rep can explain, is why they even need fillers? Couldn't the company use larger servings of pineapple fruit, monk fruit, passion fruit, etc. which are sweet without a heavily unique flavor in place of maltodextrin (regardless of whether it's organic)?

Fillers and yada-yada aside, why do I say this can't replace your veggies and fruits? After all, it has the CAA equivalent of 158lbs of spinach! Yet 158 lbs of spinach (real spinach) would also have 1,911.8 mg of iron, this has none. It would also have 2,148.80g of protein, this has none. So, you simply can't say this is a comparative product to your dinner salad.

Roots tasted GREAT! It wasn't too sweet, it wasn't too strong, and it definitely wasn't bitter. Nature Restore did a great job with flavoring here. That said, there is no one particular flavor that shines through-- more of a fruit punch, if anything.

Mixing was also great. I have had no issues with mixing this in a shaker bottle. It does come out green and gives me plenty of opportunities to joke to coworkers that I filled up my water bottle in the pond in front of our building. (I'm so funny!)

Dosing was easy as it gets. Everything is pre-packaged into individual sleeves and I'd just take it with me until I had an opportunity to drink it. Over the course of my run with this I used it at all different times of day, with food, and without food.

If anyone knows how to tell how my antioxidants are looking from a cellular level, please let me know! Until then, I can only tell you what I noticed-- or didn't notice.

Health-wise I've been feeling good since the start of taking this. I haven't been sick despite a wife who works in a hospital, a 3 year old kid that goes to school and daycare at the gym, and two little nieces visiting from Boston with their whole new set of foreign germs to attack me with. On a few occasions I started to feel something coming on, only to wake up feeling fine. That tells me my immune system was working effectively.

That's really all I can score Roots on though. I don't know of any way to assess my levels of free-radicals.

Nature Restore doesn't make many claims on the packaging either, however they do mention roots is an easy way to fill in nutritional gaps and feel energized. Saying I feel energized is tough to gauge. There are too many things that get me motivated at work (like deadlines), and I'd wonder how much of an energy boost is actually coming from this versus an internal motivator. I certainly never found this to give me a "jolt" of energy like caffeine would. As for filling in nutritional gaps, I don't think I can back that up. It tastes great and I'm sure there is a large antioxidant benefit, but you won't receive the same benefit you would from actually eating fruits and vegetables. There are very few vitamins in here, and none of the minerals you'd receive eating a head of spinach instead.

Roots costs $29.95 whether you buy from their website directly, or Amazon. That comes to an approximate cost of $1.50/serving. For the price, I'd like to see a little more benefit from the nutrient panel. Where are the vitamins and minerals? I think the price point needs to be dropped or the quality of the ingredient panel needs to be increased

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I really like this brand, but I think this product needs a little work. It tastes good and mixes up green, so it looks healthy but I question just how healthy it really is when I analyze the ingredients. I'd like to see them rework the composition to prioritize the things that make this healthy a bit higher and use different ways to sweeten it altogether. Regardless, I enjoyed drinking it and I certainly believe them about the anti-oxidant levels, so there is certainly some benefit here worth noting.

February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Healthy Drink
  • Overall Wellness
  • Useful Individual Packets
Good evening SR community, today I will be putting together and sharing my review for Nature Restore Roots, Nature Restores' effort on an all in one veggie/fruit supplement. Before I get into the review I'd like to give a big shout out to Nature Restore, for not only sending their product half way around the world for me to review, but to do it very quickly so I could get onto it ASAP. In turn I've tried to turn this review around as quick as possible to get it on the site.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9/10

This is a really tough ingredient profile to judge, for 2 reasons. The first one is simple, it's a prop blend, so you don't really know how much of each ingredient is in the product, you just know there's 12g of 'stuff' in each serving. That makes it difficult to gauge how much of each ingredient you're getting. The second reason this product is tough to judge ingredients-wise is due to the sheer volume of ingredients/extracts in this product. Other reviewers have posted up the label which shows it all on there, but there's everything under the sun in this stuff. You could go through each of these ingredients and how they are proposed to work, but in a prop blend you're not really sure how much of each you're getting so that's kinda pointless for this product. I think the best way you can judge this is to say Nature Restore put a bit of everything they could find in here to try to give you as much of a spread of ingredients as they could. Based on that, and my experiences with the product, I've given it a pretty high overall ingredient profile score.

TASTE - 9/10

OK, I wont lie, when I saw this ingredient profile I went, there's no way this could possibly taste good. I mean, look at it! Brocolli, Spinach, Spirulina, Mushroom, Ginseng, Sweet potato and freaking black garlic to name a few ingredients, how you gon make that taste any good? Well, Nature Restore did. This stuff tasted really, really refreshing. A bit like a weak cordial, but definitely something that I found very drinkable and good to slam down, or sip on. I never feared taking this product due to its taste.

MIXABILITY - 10/10

Again, I was very surprised with the ease that Roots mixed up. I was expecting some clumping, or at the very least some settling, but nothing at all. Not really even much over time, if I left half a bottle on my bench at work for half an hour there wouldn't be anything really settled at the bottom. Great effort.

DOSING

For the most part I would take 1 packet of Roots in the mid-afternoon, although I did mix it up on the weekends and on off gym days. I didn't really notice a difference in effectiveness by taking it at different times through the day. If I had another box (20 servings) I would try taking 2 packets a day for a week, just to see if there was any negative side effects.

For my 20 servings of Roots I dosed it like this (in terms of other veggies) on a daily basis:
- First 5 packets = Normal veggie intake + 1 packet of Roots
- Second 5 packets = Reduced veggie intake + 1 packet of roots
- Final 10 packets - Normal veggie intake + 1 packet of roots

EFFECTIVENESS - 8/10

Effectiveness on a product like Roots is really hard to judge. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit, as I grow a lot of it myself on my property, and I really love fruit, so deficiencies in the veggie department aren't really an issue for me. Having said that, in my dosing profile I did try backing right off 'real' veggies for 5 days to gauge if Roots was still able to give me the supplementation I needed without 'real' veggies. In all honesty, I couldn't really tell much of a difference between those 5 days without real veggies, and the other 15 days with normal real veggie intake. So did Roots work for me? Yes, and the reasons why are less obvious than for your standard pre workout, for example. Whilst taking Roots, I felt like I had more energy through the day and felt more 'active' or 'motivated'. It's a little hard to describe, but I felt a few years younger I guess, in that my general well-being was a bit 'nicer'. None of these effects were super-noticeable I should add, but just a general nice feeling overall. I found that the effectiveness kicked in pretty quickly in the first week and remained constant throughout, and I believe that would have continue if I had bought more packets. Perhaps part of this is a bit of a placebo effect though, when you eat fruit and you instantly feel healthy because you're eating fruit. Either way, if it's consistent and makes you feel better then it's effective.

SIDE EFFECTS

None to report, which is a relief with this type of product. I was a little concerned that my bowels would take to this like a fish to water and decide to empty themselves on a very regular basis. I can report that there was no change to my standard routine whilst on Roots. If I had another box I would try 2 packets a day and see if that held true when the dosage was upped.

VALUE - 8/10

Value is a little hard to judge, and is based on a few things. At the moment you can buy this on Nature Restores' website for $30 (20 servings). If you grow your own fruit and/or veggies, the value is diminished because you grow your own stuff, know what's in it and what if any chemicals are on it, and can be assured of its quality. If you buy veggies from the supermarket or wherever, then you're probably spending a good bit of coin on veggies, and probably more than $1.50/day to get your intake up. In that sense, Roots is not bad value. But on the other side of the coin, I wouldn't supplement my veggie and fruit intake with a powdered supplement 100% of the time, because actually eating real fruit and veggies is always going to be better for you overall. As a couple of times a week supplement, or for someone who travels a bit and cant get all the right foods in all the time, at $1.50/day it's not a ridiculous price to pay, and this is where I see Roots being a winner for me.

CONCLUSION - 8.5/10

Once again a big thank you to Nature Restore for giving me the opportunity to log Roots. I thoroughly enjoyed my time taking Roots and with no negative side effects and a mild yet positive effectiveness, I was impressed, especially considering the sheer number of ingredients included in the product. As pointed out in the value section, for me where I see Roots finding its niche is having a box in my pantry at home and when I go away for work for a few days, and I'm not sure where or what I'll be eating, time zone changes etc I chuck a couple of packets into my travel bag to take as required, knowing that by doing this I'll at least be getting a solid chunk of my veggie intake accounted for, no matter where I am. Based on this, I would buy Roots again, and I would recommend Roots as a very comprehensive, great tasting veggie/fruit supplement that someone could take away with them and know they would be covering their bases in terms of their veggie/fruit intake. I would also recommend Roots as a good veggie/fruit supplement for the odd day where you don't want to eat those foods, or just want to mix it up. If Nature Restore could put this into a tub with a scooper for bulk use, that would be great. Thanks for reading guys!

January 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Great Value When Bought In Bulk
  • Nice Box
  • Useful Individual Packets
  • Overall Wellness
  • Slightly Expensive

INTRODUCTION

Hello SupplementReviews, sorry for the title, I couldn't think about something better lol. I'm going to review Nature Restore Roots. Thanks to Nature Restore for participating in the SR TROOPS program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I've made other reviews from this brand (BoneBoost, GlucoseOne, currently trying Astragin 200). I'll start by saying I hate vegetables, really hate them. ALL of them taste like grass, some even worse. Only way I can eat them is if you blend all of them in a blender and put that in food. So a supplement with vegetables is very useful for me. I've tried Controlled Labs Oximega Reds which has a similar profile to this so I'll be able to compare both.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Proprietary Blend. I don't hate them completely and I feel that on a supplement of this category, it doesn't hurt to have a Proprietary Blend so I'm ok with it in this case. Although Controlled Labs Oximega Reds has every milligram of each ingredient so it's a plus for them. The products I've tried from Nature Restore all have Proprietary Blends, with some of the ingredients being clearly underdosed. I guess Roots isn't the exception but that's impossible to know. This supplement has Greens (Vegetables) and Reds (Fruits), not only greens.

One packet has:
Only 40 calories
ZERO Total Fat
ZERO Cholesterol
11g Carbohydrate (0.5g from Fiber and 0.5g Sugar)
133% Daily Value of Vitamin B1 and 187% Daily Value of Vitamin B6.

I would have liked to talk about the "Cellular Antioxidant Activity" (CAA) but I couldn't find information about it.Nature Restore says 1 packet has the CAA equivalent to 158lbs of Spinach, that sounds great! But not knowing anything about CAA, then I can't react too much with that information. They tell us that "CAA is the best way to measure antioxidant activity accurately in any fruit or vegetable, regardless if it's an apple or a carrot." The whole product has a CAA of 7,200.

I like the variety of fruits and veggies it has. Talking about each one is not worth it because we don't know the dose it has so claiming any benefits linked to a specific fruit or vegetable would not be worth it. So let's move forward.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: Bad!!! Hahaha nooo, I'm joking. It has a delicious taste. They claim it has a "delicious fruity taste" and yes it does. They say to add 10oz of water but I added 8oz to make the taste stronger. If you wanted to have veggies with a delicious taste, then here it is! To be fair with some other supplements, some of them only contain vegetables so it's obvious they are going to taste awful! Roots has veggies and fruits and it seems the selection of fruits was perfect because I can't taste 1 single vegetable in Roots.

MIXABILITY: Easy to mix, never gave problems mixing it. Each serving comes in separate packets so it's great.

DOSING: I usually took this whenever I wanted to replace drinks with lot of sugar (soda, juices, etc) to take with my meal, so it was very useful. During the days I had Roots, I reduced my sugar intake a little bit and I could slightly feel it so that was good for me. Too bad it only has 20 servings :(

EFFECTIVENESS

It was difficult to feel the effectiveness of this product. It was effective on being a great replacement to drink with one of my meals of the day. Using this for 1 meal and Creatine with flavor for another meal, I was able to slightly feel better without so much sugar during the day. I thought the overall wellness feeling was going to be easy to perceive (like it happened with Oximega Reds) but in this case it wasn't easy to distinguish between overall wellness and placebo. Some days I could see the difference, other days I couldn't. But overall, it helped with that. Obviously the antioxidant benefits are almost impossible to feel. I was coming out from a cold so I kind of knew I wasn't going to get sick again so I can't really say Roots helped me not to get sick. I think it helped me a little to get some annoying remaining phlegm out of my body.

I was slightly dissapointed in that it didn't give me that natural energy veggies and fruits give when you consume them. I was expecting this benefit a lot but it didn't come. Can't say that it gave me none but it wasn't significant enough. Overall a good product but I was expecting more compared to my results with Oximega Reds.

VALUE

You can find 1 box of 20 packets at NatureRestore's website for $29.95. It's a bit expensive considering you get 20 packets (servings) instead of 30. Maybe it has 20 servings because it has more dose than other products but it's impossible to know that with this Proprietary Blend. User @DaSlaya said in his review they had a deal of 3 boxes for $59.90 (it would be $19.96 per box) or 7 boxes for $119.80 ($17.11 per box). Those were great deals but unfortunately they removed it. Those prices would increase my Value Rating to a 9! Having separate packets for each serving in a nice box is probably what increases the price of this product a bit. I'm not against it, the packets are very useful, just so you know that the extra price you're paying is because of the packets and the box so it's your decision.

That being said, yesterday the website offered me a 20% discount which would put Roots at $23.96. That's a good price but I would still prefer the deals above. Free shipping for orders +$25 and Nature Restore has a good selection of natural plant based products for a great price.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

I hate veggies. MarsheS likes fruits. So veggies + fruits + good taste = win :D I like the variety of greens and reds Roots has. Delicious taste with 8oz, with 10-12oz the taste isn't so strong as with 8oz. The delicious taste is probably coming from fruits so the selection of fruits was excellent. Never gave problems mixing. Nice box and packets, like the colors, text, etc. Value is a bit dissapointing but it's fair because you get individual packets for each serving, in a nice box. Hopefully they can bring back the Buy 2 get 1 free deals @DaSlaya talked about. I didn't add the "Not widely available" as something negative because I think the prices overall are good. I don't see the need to make them "widely available". Roots won't be my first option but it can be my 2nd or 3rd option.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Bring back the Buy 2 Get 1 deal or the 7 boxes deal. I've said this before with your other products, you need to offer deals for buying more than 2 units of the same product. You can do deals for 3 boxes, 5 boxes, 7 boxes. Because spending $30 for 20 servings is not sustainable. I can do it once but only once per year or once every 6 months...

January 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Value When Bought In Bulk

First and foremost I would like to thank Nature Restore for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I try to eat a lot of greens but unfortunately it never works out that way. Usually I feel like paying for a salad bar is way to expensive. I do eat apples since you know what they say ... apple a day ... So when I noticed this offering I figured why not get some more greens into my system and claimed it.

This has pretty much everything under the sun. A lot of the stuff I don't even know anything about ... I will attach the ingredients profile with this review.
I'll go over the main stuff ...

40 Calories
0 Fat
0 Cholesterol
11.4 mg Sodium
11 g Carbohydrates

Roots come in individual packets which is super convenient. Few times I took them with me on a business trip and they were very easy to mix in a cup and drink. I had no issues with mixability at all. One packet has 12 grams of active ingredients that should be good for you body. The taste is really good and I enjoyed it even though it was all green. They have added the notes of fruits in there to make it sweet. I really really enjoyed the taste and I'm sure most people will.

Just like protein, food is very hard to judge as far as effectiveness go. I did noticed that my trips to the bathroom were more frequent while I was supplementing with this product. It definitely had a positive effect on my digestive system. I'm not sure if I can say that that my well being was better while on this product. I think this is mostly for the purpose of providing your body with natural antioxidants. In other words if you want to take this product you probably thinking long term and not oh I feel like superman in 20 days. I want to mention their Cellular antioxidant activity (CAA) test has shown that it has as many antioxidants as 158 pounds of spinach.

"CAA - An improved, biologically relevant method of measuring the potency of an antioxidant substance. The technique accounts for some aspects of uptake, metabolism, and distribution of antioxidant compounds within cells, so it provides a clearer picture of how the antioxidant acts within a living cell (in vivo) and, by extension, a living organism, rather than in a test tube (in vitro)"

So this is only available at the Nature Restore website. Right now it is on sale where you can buy a box of 20 for 30$ (free shipping). That comes out to 1.5$ per serving. I honestly don't think that's expensive if you consider how expensive vegetables are. If I wanted to eat a salad it would probably run me down 3$ or something per salad. But, there are products out there similar to this so we can make a better comparison. Most of the superfood powders I found cost about 20$ for 30 servings. Usually while reading reviews of the competitors I noticed most of them taste hideous. I'll be honest with you guys it's really hard for me to judge the value of this supplement. So, if you go out and save some of you hard earned money and go for the big offering you can get the servings to go down to 1 per serving, but you will have to dish out 120$. Lastly the other thing that you need to consider when you're evaluating your own value on this product is that it's third party tested. I looked at the competitors and I noticed a lot of organic this organic that but none were validated. Food for thought.

Side Effects

More frequent trips to the bathroom.

Conclusion

This is a great product for those that take health above price and want to enjoy it. I'm not sure if I am one of those people but I definitely enjoyed my "free" run. I might think about dishing out my money to get more of this but I'll wait for a better sale. Unfortunately even the bulk does not look all that attractive to me at the moment. I'll definitely be on a look out. I really enjoyed the taste of this product and didn't have to force it down or anything. I thank you for reading this and wish you always eat your greens.

December 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value When Bought In Bulk
  • Tastes Great
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Gas

38 years old, and I workout 4 days a week. Like most people, I never seem to eat enough fruits and veggies for my daily needs. While, I do not think Greens supplements should replace eating the real thing, they are great to have to supplement (key word) your daily intake of the greens. Nature Restore sent me one pouch to try out with AstraGin, I enjoyed it so much that I had to jump on the opportunity to run a full box. Thank you to the SR program and to Nature Restore for allowing me this opportunity to provide feedback and test this product. Lets see if Roots gave me enough spinach to turn me into Popeye!

One 12g packet nets you 40 calories, 11g Carbs, and contains a ton of the Greens ingredients in a prop blend. I typically don't care for prop blends, but in this case with so many ingredients, I think its fine, I just wish I knew the total amount of all the greens ingredients included. If I had that it would be easier to compare to other Greens products out there to see which is using better quality ingredients and such. The blend here is all about the Superfoods and Berries, which I think is a smart idea. This gives you the choice of either juicing your own smoothie (looking at you Wis3guy) or just taking a packet of this.

So pretty simple ingredient profile, and not much to go into here. I do like the fact its in packets so there is no guess work of how much you are getting per dose. I have included a picture of the label so you can see all the ingredients included.

Taste: So this is typically where a Greens type product dies on the table, but I think ROOTS did a nice job here. To me it tasted like a greens product with some berry tones in it, which to me was pretty good. This was nothing that excited me to take, but nothing I minded drinking either. The only other Greens product I had taken was Green Vibrance, and this by far blows it out of the water. I rate the flavor at 7.5, but since I cannot do that here it gets a 7 on the bottom, just know that I think its actually a 7.5.

Mixability: The powder looks a bit chalky and appears it will not mix well as it tends to float and sit on top of water, but let me tell you it mixes just fine. I always used a shaker with this with about 10oz of water, so no big deal. If you let it sit a bit it does tend to settle towards the bottom, but a couple good shakes fixes that problem.

Dosing: Obviously its one packet a day as needed. I ran this every day, since I never seem to get enough of fruits and veggies in me, but if you are better at eating the good stuff than me, then this should only be taken as needed. I do love that this is in packets, so you do not have to worry about how you scoop it or if the serving size is right, or anything like that. The guesswork here is gone! I personally took one packet mid afternoon daily.

So, this is tough to truly describe, but I did have that overall wellness or feeling more healthy feeling while taking this. If you don't know what I am talking about try eating about 4-6 servings of fruits and veggies one day, see how you feel, then eat none the next day and you will see the difference. Again, I do not advocate using this as your only source of fruits and veggies, but its a nice compliment to what you are already eating. I tend eat 2-3 servings a day easily, but on top of that, this made me feel a whole lot better. I did feel a very slight energy boost while taking this too about 15 minutes after finishing the shake. Nothing to write home about, but enough to notice.

One thing I will note was I was starting to get symptoms of a cold, as I had not been taking a Multi-Vitamin and traveling a bunch and the weather was getting cold. Once I drank this bad boy I did feel better over time. I stayed consistent with taking 1 packet a day, and felt the symptoms fade away before they got worse. Now am I saying this is a cure to a cold or flu, of course not, but it does protect the immunity system, that is the function of Fruit and Veggies after all. So that says to me that the ingredients used in here are of good quality, and truly are effective.

The only place I could find this for sale is from Nature Restore itself. If you buy one box you get 20 packets for $29.95 with free shipping which comes out to $1.50 a packet. There are deals if you buy 2 boxes for $59.90 you get 1 free ($1 dollar a packet), or seven boxes for $119.80 plus a steel stainless flask. The seven box deals comes out to an astounding 86 cents a packet which is a great deal. So depending on the bulk you buy is the deal you will get. Coupling this with flavor (which is huge on greens products) and effectiveness I believe this is a product with some pretty good value.

Side Effects

I did have some gas about an hour after taking a packet. No different than if you ate a ton of fruits and veggies in one sitting!

Conclusion

While many will argue that greens supplements are unnecessary because you can easily hit your daily fruit and veggie requirements, there are still people like me who tend to be on the go a lot and really do not care to eat that hippy fruit and veggie stuff they are great. So this comes down to being necessary to hit your daily requirements when needed. Roots gives you a nice option out there that tastes pretty good to hit those requirements, and you will feel better and get a little bit of energy from it as well. I would highly recommend this product to anyone out there looking for a Greens supplement. Nice job here Nature Restore!