PRICES (2)
(90 ct) - [$0.16/ct]

Amazon

(90 ct) - [$0.20/ct]

Nature Restore

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Reishi 500 reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  May 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boosts Immunity
  • Concerns Of Liver Toxicity

I'm a powerlifter, and I had been peaking for a meet in June, but due to some injuries/family illnesses, I decided to postpone until later in the year. I'm still training and taking care of myself. I just need to wait before I start strutting on the platform again. I absolutely hate being sick. Really, it's the worst. When I saw this product pop un on TROOPs, I was down to try it!

Only one ingredient here. We have a concentrated reishi extract. Reishi is a type of mushroom that has been long used for health purposes (starting with the Chin Dynasty. It used to be reserved for royalty). There are a number of health benefits associated with reishi supplementation: boosted immune response, lower blood pressure, act as an anti-allergy/give antihistamine effects, protecting against liver disease and ulcers. Reishi can also slow the process of blood clotting.

Unfortunately, most of the positive research has been done on animals, and the human research is both limited and mixed in terms of results.

There are hopes that reishi has anti-cancer properties, but this has not yet been proven.

The Product-

Here, we have 500mg of extract at least 30% polysaccharides. I'm not sure if that's a good dose or not as I'm not sure of the effective dose for an extract. Life Extension offers a product with 980mg extract at 13% polysaccharides, so you're getting more polysaccharides with Nature Restore.

This section will be pretty short. We have no taste as this is a capsule product. Reishi is said to taste pretty bitter, so this is probably for the best.

Likewise, there's no mixability.

Dosing. It's pretty easy to take. One small pill a day.

Now this is a tough one for me. Unlike a pre-workout or a nootropic, health supplements aren't something you feel, so it can be hard to assess their efficacy.

Having said that, I do think this product did do something for me. I took it every day for over a month, and I did not get sick once. That's not surprising. I don't get sick very often, but my sister had this cold for a week and a half, and to my chagrin, she doesn't always cover her mouth when she coughs (and commits a number of other germ-related offenses). I still didn't get sick.

I think the value here is pretty fair. It's $16 on Amazon for 90 servings. Life Extension's Reishi product is $21 for 30 servings, so NR is clearly cheaper. There are even cheaper reishi products, but they don't tell you the % of polysaccharide, so those products could be the junk part of the plant.

Side Effects

I didn't feel any side effects. I do, though, want to say that reishi supplementation has been associated with liver issues. I don't know if that's only in people who have pre-disposed liver conditions or people who take way too much, but it's something to think about (and research) if you want to supplement with it regularly.

Conclusion

I liked this product. I don't know for sure that it worked, but I have a good feeling about it. I've only had positive experiences with Nature Restore. Reishi extract is associated with a lot of health benefits (although there needs to be more research to understand in what situations it will be helpful and for what people), and the price is pretty good.

For $0.17/day, I think it's worth a shot if you want to boost your immunity, and who wants to be sick?