(Better than 33% in Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs)

Reishi 500 is an Herbal Product manufactured by Nature Restore. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.

Overall
Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  May 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boosts Immunity

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their supplement Reishi extract. Like many species of mushroom fungi, Reishi has been the subject to several studies with claims of plenty of studies. I myself have little experience with mushroom derived supplements, so this was a product that I figured would be an interesting try.

Each capsule contains 500 mg of Reishi mushroom extract with a concentration of 30% polysaccharide.

Various tests, though many of them animal based, have shown that Reishi may have benefits including liver and kidney function improvements, hormonal balance support, may fight diabetes related complications, relieve allergies and asthma related symptoms, immunity enhancement, and have anti-cancer and anti-hypertensive properties.

Well damn.....that's a lot of magic. But again, many of these studies have been done with animals. Few limited studies have been human based and as smashley noted in his review, results are mixed and may not necessarily be conclusive.

Still, with all these claimed benefits, surely Reishi must hold promise to some extent.

Skipping right to dosing since these are caps, I took one cap each day as directed usually with my last meal, but did take the capsule with other meals at times. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Once again, I've found myself in a dilemma in terms of, "How do I know this is working?". As I mentions in other reviews with things like multivitamins or herbal supplements, it mostly depends on how you feel on it in relation to what it may be claimed to do.

The main thing I noticed while supplementing with Reishi was the fact that, similar with the pomegranate extract, I never fell ill while on it after getting over a mild illness I was battling beforehand. So, we can safely assume that there is immunity enhancement properties that hold water with this product.

Next, I do in fact suffer from occasional seasonal allergies. I did see a small reduction in my allergy related symptoms (i.e sneezing, nasal congestion), but I wouldn't say it's a substitute for benadryl. Regardless, I could accredit the touted allergy reduction claims to an extent with Reishi given this what I experienced.

Thankfully, I'm not diabetic, have asthma, or suffer from hypertension so I can't discuss these benefits.

As for liver and kidney function, I was urinating a bit more frequently and immunity does have a strong correlation with liver function so, I'll give some credit to this area of benefits as well.

You can purchase a 90 day supply from Amazon. If you seem to respond to Reishi in a positive manner and feel you could benefit from regular supplementation from it, I'd say this is a great value for a supply that can last three months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I just said, if you're a believer in Reishi's benefits and feel like your health benefits form it, give Nature Restore's product a try. As I've advised before, make sure your primary nutrients come from your diet.

Other Prices:
    Nature Restore   $18.00

Overall
    Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      May 19, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Boosts Immunity
    • Concerns Of Liver Toxicity

I'm a powerlifter, and I had been peaking for a meet in June, but due to some injuries/family illnesses, I decided to postpone until later in the year. I'm still training and taking care of myself. I just need to wait before I start strutting on the platform again. I absolutely hate being sick. Really, it's the worst. When I saw this product pop un on TROOPs, I was down to try it!

Only one ingredient here. We have a concentrated reishi extract. Reishi is a type of mushroom that has been long used for health purposes (starting with the Chin Dynasty. It used to be reserved for royalty). There are a number of health benefits associated with reishi supplementation: boosted immune response, lower blood pressure, act as an anti-allergy/give antihistamine effects, protecting against liver disease and ulcers. Reishi can also slow the process of blood clotting.

Unfortunately, most of the positive research has been done on animals, and the human research is both limited and mixed in terms of results.

There are hopes that reishi has anti-cancer properties, but this has not yet been proven.

The Product-

Here, we have 500mg of extract at least 30% polysaccharides. I'm not sure if that's a good dose or not as I'm not sure of the effective dose for an extract. Life Extension offers a product with 980mg extract at 13% polysaccharides, so you're getting more polysaccharides with Nature Restore.

This section will be pretty short. We have no taste as this is a capsule product. Reishi is said to taste pretty bitter, so this is probably for the best.

Likewise, there's no mixability.

Dosing. It's pretty easy to take. One small pill a day.

Now this is a tough one for me. Unlike a pre-workout or a nootropic, health supplements aren't something you feel, so it can be hard to assess their efficacy.

Having said that, I do think this product did do something for me. I took it every day for over a month, and I did not get sick once. That's not surprising. I don't get sick very often, but my sister had this cold for a week and a half, and to my chagrin, she doesn't always cover her mouth when she coughs (and commits a number of other germ-related offenses). I still didn't get sick.

I think the value here is pretty fair. It's $16 on Amazon for 90 servings. Life Extension's Reishi product is $21 for 30 servings, so NR is clearly cheaper. There are even cheaper reishi products, but they don't tell you the % of polysaccharide, so those products could be the junk part of the plant.

Side Effects

I didn't feel any side effects. I do, though, want to say that reishi supplementation has been associated with liver issues. I don't know if that's only in people who have pre-disposed liver conditions or people who take way too much, but it's something to think about (and research) if you want to supplement with it regularly.

Conclusion

I liked this product. I don't know for sure that it worked, but I have a good feeling about it. I've only had positive experiences with Nature Restore. Reishi extract is associated with a lot of health benefits (although there needs to be more research to understand in what situations it will be helpful and for what people), and the price is pretty good.

For $0.17/day, I think it's worth a shot if you want to boost your immunity, and who wants to be sick?

Other Prices: