Ranks #15 (better than 22%)
In: Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

Pomegranate 500 is an Herbal Product manufactured by Nature Restore. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.

Overall
Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  May 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Kills Those Mean Free Radical Guys
  • No Bad Side Effects
  • No Taste
  • Immunity Enhancement

Yet another special thanks to Nature Restore. This time around, I discuss my experience with their pomegranate extract supplement. I've always enjoyed pomegranate as one of my food staples when it comes to my fruit preferences for its taste and health benefits. Though, the hassle of cutting open the fruit and fishing out those tiny seeds and getting everything around you stained red can be daunting. So, this would be one of those times to reach for a capsule form. It may not be as enjoyable taste wise, but is saves a lot of trouble wouldn't you say?

Each capsule contains 500 mg of pomegranate extract with a concentration of 40% elligac acid, which is one of the main derivatives responsible for much of pomegranate's benefits.

Pomegranate itself is high in vitamins A, C, E as well as folic acid and potassium. it has been suggested to have anti-viral, anti-oxidant, and anti-tumor properties.

Some studies have also suggested that pomegranate may also have testosterone boosting, anti-estrogenic, pro-erectile and cortisol lowering properties as well. However, these studies were mostly animal based and haven't been documented in humans, or at least I've found no such human trial studies myself.

Seaver did a bit of a breakdown in relation to pomegranate's benefits about immunity benefits and free radical scavenging. Ellgaic acid itself is a potent scavenger and free radical neutralizer.

No taste or mixability to talk of since these are capsules.

It is directed to take one capsule a day with a meal. I took one capsule each day with my last meal, pretty straightforward.

Truthfully, it is a bit difficult to really analyze the efficacy of this product unless you know what to expect from including pomegranate in your diet. As I said in the Intro, pomegranate is something I consume not everyday, but often enough to know how it helps me.

The most noticeable benefit for me is the immunity enhancement benefits. While using Nature Restore's Pomegranate extract I actually got over a mild illness I had somewhat faster and during my usage there after, I never fell ill. Furthermore, I felt overall healthier and more naturally energetic.

As for the pother benefits, well, that's real difficult to analyze without blood work pertaining to how pomegranate may or may not positively benefit hormonal levels since I mentioned it can have positive effects on test, estrogen, and cortisol. I will say, I felt less stressed while using this so perhaps it did lower cortisol to an extent. Also, I did have a slightly higher libido at times so......test boosting effect? Hard to say, but nonetheless, the immunity enhancement benefits are definitely there.

A 90 day supply goes for 15 dollars on Nature Restore's website. I think that's a great value considering such a high quantitiy of product at that price especially if you like the benefits of pomegranate without the trouble of preparing the fruit.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty simple, if you like the health benefits of pomegranate but want a more convenient way to get them, consider adding Nature Restore's pomegranate extract to your regimen. Be sure you're getting all your other essential nutrients through your diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
    Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      April 27, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Kills Those Mean Free Radical Guys
    • No Taste
    • No Bad Side Effects
    • Not Sure What Dose Is Effective
    • Does Not Produce Gainz
    Well lets talk about this tasty ( kinda weird ) fruit. I have never tried one till about 2 or 3 years ago, until my wife brought one home for me to try. I thought heck no that thing looks weird. Once I did. I was hooked. I have never really ate them since then for the health benefits , I just really like the way the taste. I get one of the POM drinks quite often as well. Anyway. This will be first time taking them by a pill so I was wondering how well this would work.

Profile
    500 mg of pomegranite extract.
    ( punica granatum L, 40% elligac acid )

Simple and easy to understand.. or so we think.
    Now lets look at what we need to know.

Information to know.
    So what do we need this for? We have all watched the commercials for this stuff and how it kills free radicals and boost our Antioxidants , but what the hell is that anyway? Well it's a long story to be honest.
    First off, antioxidants are intimately involved in the prevention of cellular damage -- the common pathway for cancer, aging, and a variety of diseases.
    Okay got that? So what is the Free radical guys?
    Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.

So in bro terms, Free radicals are your sore days from all those killer workouts you have had, and the Antioxidants are those sweet little guys that go in and patch you all up to make you feel better, (but it basically has nothing to do with actually muscle repair.)
    Endurance exercise can increase oxygen utilization from 10 to 20 times over the resting state. This greatly increases the generation of free radicals, prompting concern about enhanced damage to muscles and other tissues. The question that arises is, how effectively can athletes defend against the increased free radicals resulting from exercise? Do athletes need to take extra antioxidants?

Because it is not possible to directly measure free radicals in the body, scientists have approached this question by measuring the by-products that result from free radical reactions. If the generation of free radicals exceeds the antioxidant defenses then one would expect to see more of these by-products. These measurements have been performed in athletes under a variety of conditions.

Several interesting concepts have emerged from these types of experimental studies. Regular physical exercise enhances the antioxidant defense system and protects against exercise induced free radical damage. This is an important finding because it shows how smart the body is about adapting to the demands of exercise. These changes occur slowly over time and appear to parallel other adaptations to exercise.

On the other hand, intense exercise in untrained individuals overwhelms defenses resulting in increased free radical damage. Thus, the "weekend warrior" who is predominantly sedentary during the week but engages in vigorous bouts of exercise during the weekend may be doing more harm than good. To this end there are many factors which may determine whether exercise induced free radical damage occurs, including degree of conditioning of the athlete, intensity of exercise, and diet.

Now one thing I did find ( or not find rather ) was there is no real information on how much POM or Ellagic acid one should consume. From what I understand it seems to be basically from person to person and fitness level to fitness level to even lifestyle. There really is no ( sweet spot ) for it.
    We all know we should eat our fruits and after spending sometime researching for this , I know see that much more importantly than I did before.
    Some of the best things to eat that are high in Ellagic acid are of course pomegranite but also Strawberry, Raspberry, blackberries, raspberries, cranberries, walnuts and pecans.

Effectiveness. 6 ( seemed like it was working but, not much of a boost )
    Now I will say I was taking a multivitamin while on this, but I do feel it was lacking in areas, but I do think this helped me from getting sick at work, as there was several with the sniffles and such. I also think I had maybe a touch of inflammation relief on this. ( maybe a bit ) Hard to tell for me now days.
    I had zero bad side effects from this like I did with this brands Cayenne . This one did not hurt my stomach or any other side effect I can think of.
    This is not going to provide you with any big gym benefits, this is just a supplement to aid in healthy lifestyles.
    I do not think I would bother buying this as I am already a big drinker of the POM wonderful drinks and actually eating the fruits themselves.

For 15 bucks on their own site this is not bad for a 90 day supply, But there is a catch. Remember me saying there is no real evidence on how much to take of this for a benefit. Well the value good be great if a true one pill a day worked for you. I did try one pill a day for about a week and then bumped it up to 3 a day, I feel at my size this actually did work better for me. Again it could be placebo but I swear I felt ( healthier ) is the only way to describe it.
    That being said the value is kinda up in the air on what you decide.

Overall
    I think I like to taste my Pomegranate . This could be good for a older group of people I think, or a weekend warrior as they say to supplement through the week to help boost their system some. I would like to see more solid info on what kind of dose that is truly effective on something like this before I go around swearing by it.

Thank you Nature restore for being a part of SR.com