Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

AstraGin 200 is an Herbal Product manufactured by Nature Restore. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.

Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 35

April 7, 2017

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
Thanks to the peeps over at Nature Restore for providing this product. This is a review about a supplement for your supplements...whhhhhaaatt, a supplement within a supplement!?!? We're going on an "Inception" inspired, Leo like trip into the product that is Astragin. Grab your little spinny tops, and don't worry, this is all real...just like at the end of the movie (seriously, how did people not get that the end sequence was reality in that movie? He explains before in the...never mind).

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10): Astragin is a compound composed of two herbal components; Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. As stated in previous reviews on here, it has demonstrated the capability to increase the absorption of amino acids and vitamins as well as reducing inflammation. Some studies have indicated Arginine absorption could increase by as much as 60% when using Astragin. So essentially this is a supplement that works to help you get the most out of the other supplements and vitamins you are taking, what a novel concept!

Most products that utilize Astragin use a recommended 50mg dosage. With this product, you're getting 4 times that at 200mg per pill. A huge dose of this product to maximize its potential.

Mixture (N/A)/Taste (10/10): Well mixture is a moot point with this product since they are pills, and there is no noticeable aftertaste or nasty herbal burps, so pretty straight forward here.

Effectiveness (9/10): So the way I see it with what this product entails, you know it's working if the products you are taking with it are working well. I used a wide range of products while on Astragin; pre-workouts, BCAAs, Creatine, Proteins, essentially the whole gamut of supplements. I used an Agmatine product, Outlift by Nutrex, and Cavalry by Crusader Supplements as pre-workouts and this seemed to heighten the pump aspect of those products, particularly Outlift with its 8 grams of Citrulline. This also seemed to help the endurance with the pre-workouts containing Beta- Alanine.

I also started taking this post-workout with protein and BCAAs and my recovery was on point. Which was helpful since I was working out 6 days a week during most of my run on this. Maybe it was all in my head (Maybe Nature Restore sent their own Leo in to plant it in my head), but I don't find it as a coincidence that I felt a heightened sense of performance and recovery with the products I used while on this.

Value (9/10): For this particular brand of Astragin, the only place a google search yields is its own website at $32.95 for 90 pills. This comes out to roughly 36 cents a serving, so even if you took two a day you'd get a 45 day supply at 72 cents a day, a good deal in my book when you consider you get more out of all the other products you use as well.

In my experience, it was not a dream. Astragin really did seem to enhance the other products I was using along with it. This seems like a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to improve the ultimate effectiveness of the supplements they use. I like this product, and give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

*Cue spinny top that shutters a split second before the frame goes out*
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Enhanced Pump Feel
  • Possible Placebo Effect
bctuthill
TROOPer Level: 31
  April 5, 2017

----Introduction----
Hey SR! I want to thank Nature Restore for giving me an opportunity to try their AstraGin 200. I'd wanted to try this after seeing it pop up in ingredient profiles as part of a blend, and am very pleased with the results it gave as a standalone ingredient. Overall, it's nothing you're going to get too excited about, but the impact it has on the effectiveness of the rest of your stack and the total lack of any kind of side effects whatsoever, really make it a no-loss scenario for everyone that wants their money's worth from their supplements.

----Ingredient Profile----
AstraGin - a proprietary, all natural compound including astragalus membranaceus and panaxnotoginseng. It is effective at increasing mRNA levels, thus enabling greater biologic availability of a variety of nutrients. Clinical studies have shown it to increase absorption levels of the following:
- Amino Acids (+62%)
- Vitamins (+50%)
- Glucose (+57%)
- Creatine (+34%)
- Beta Alanine (+30%)
Each pill contains 200mg of AstraGin

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
1 pill daily is all anyone needs at 200mg each.
I dosed in the morning every day, usually with a protein shake.

----Effectiveness----
I started noticing the effects of this after a week of taking it, but the only tell came from pump products I was taking. That's not entirely unexpected though. Creatine stays loaded, strength increase effects of Beta Alanine could be attributed to other factors pretty easily, vitamins are tough to gauge in general, but the pumps from arginine/citrulline were noticeably better and more reliable. I noticed increased muscle fullness earlier into my workout, along with fire hose-level vascularity as soon as I started my first lift. Sometimes pump products can be hit or miss for me, but this seems to have had a serious impact on making their effects more consistent.

----Value----
The only place I could find this on sale is on Nature Restore's own website, and it was priced at $34.95 for 90 servings. That's a per dose cost of less than $0.40-and an incredible value for the increased effectiveness you'll have from your other supps.

----Side Effects----

----Conclusion----
I think this is a new staple for me. At such a good price point, there's really nothing to stop me from keeping this in rotation at all times. It's not the most exciting supplement in the world, but you'll notice the effects it has on your other supplements pretty quickly. I'd recommend everyone give it a shot.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Pump Feel
  • Increase Supplement Absorption
  • Great Value
    Momo1
    TROOPer Level: 60
      March 15, 2017

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
    What's going on SR! I would like to thank Nature Restore and the Trooper program for allowing to try AstraGin 200. In the past, I have been skeptical about certain supplements, which are praised and marketed as the next big thing, without any valid science behind it. After reading up on some of the research conducted on AstraGin, being a grandfather of 3 crazy little girls, I want to make sure I can keep up with them. How did this pappy do while on AstraGin 200? Let's find out

----Ingredient Profile----

AstraGin 200 has only one ingredient, that is it, 200 mg of AstraGin, which is a high dose compared to other companies who have similar AstraGin products, but they normally are dosed at 50 mg.

AstraGin is a natural compound, without getting too scientific, its purpose is designed to improve the absorption of nutrients. Many companies like to add AstraGin to their products so it increase the absorption rate.

On a side note, sometimes people confuse AstraGin with Actigin; despite they are similar to each other, they have different effects. Actigin is better for recovery and endurance, whereas AstraGin is more of a nutritional practitioner with the benefits of recovery as well.

Taste - these are small little capsule, unless you like the taste of bitter stuff, then you can open them up and mix them with your drink.

Mix - Nothing to mix, pop them and go

Dosing - I decided to take AstraGin as follows 1 in the am with my morning Shake, 1 in the afternoon with a lunch, and 1 in the evening. On workout days, I would take one 1 the morning and 2 after my workout with my post workout shake. Of course, I had to change it up on the 2nd week :)

----Effectiveness----

The 1st week of taking AstraGin 200, at 3 times a day and 600 mg dose, I really did not feel a change in my recovery. However, by the 10th day, I started to notice that I would wake up in the morning not as sore from the previous night's workout. On days when I would take my BCAA with it, I notice my recovery was even faster.

I did decide on the last 2 weeks to take AstraGin 200 in the afternoon with LGI Natural, currently running a natty booster cycle, and I have to say, I notice Natural kick in stronger. Reason why I know, I respond to Natural very well, which is the reason why I stocked up on it, since soon it will be gone. One of the effects I get from Natural is random erections, well when I would stack it with AstraGin 200, man, those erections would kick in quickly; try getting out of your desk when your manager calls you over.

Furthermore, DOMS were pretty much under control, even after a crazy leg workout, which is how I can gauge how a recovery supplements works for me. I found myself staying longer in the gym and when I would take my vitamins, I did not pee too yellow, which tells me my body was absorbing more of the vitamins Bs.

Value - Considering that you are getting 200 mgs for 90 capsules at $35.00, I believe this is priced right. Think about it, if the average AstraGin cost $20.00 and they give you 60 capsules at 50 mg, the cost of AstraGin 200 has more return for your money.

Sides - None

----Conclusion----

AstraGin 200 by Nature Restore is great addition to one's supplement regiment; helping take your supplements to a higher level so be one of our main goals, since we spend probability 15 % to 20% of our income on supplements. I will be adding AstraGin 200 to my supplement cabinet at home.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Feeling Of General Health
    • Improved Recovery
    • Some Endurance Increase
      WarMachine
      TROOPer Level: 70
        February 24, 2017

----Introduction----

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their product AstraGin. AstraGin has been around for a while now and we tend to see it pop up more often these days as an additive in other supplements. It's nutrient uptake enhancement properties make an ideal catalyst to aid in the efficacy of many supplement staples. Taken by itself, it's benefits can help promote good health as well.

So how does this product in particular stand up?

One simple ingredient:

Each capsule contains a dose of AstrGin at 200mg.

A quick overview of AstraGin itself:

It's a natural plant based formulation derived from Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membrenaceus, which are two species of plants native primarily to China and Japan. These plants are studies to have anti-inflammatory properties and improve organ function.

AstraGin works by increasing the activity and number of the body's mRNA and transporter proteins that play a role in nutrient metabolism and uptake. Transporter proteins are regulated by mRNA that encode chemical messages to determine the absorption quantity of specific nutrients. Increasing these chemicals and proteins, enhances absorption through the increased activity of the body's overall absorption processes.

To sum it up, AstraGin increases the efficacy of transporter and mRNA proteins.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Focusing only on dosing since caps don't apply to taste and mixability, I dosed one cap a day in the morning with breakfast. Being that each gives you 200mg, one capsule is more than enough for anyone.

----Effectiveness----

From my passed experiences with AstrGin, I've noticed it too improve my recovery and give me a more pronounced pump feel from NO-inducing ingredients like L-Arginine or Agmatin. With Nature Restore's AstraGin, combined with additional amino acids, protein, creatine, and agmapure, I saw improvements in my recovery, vasculatiry, and muscle endurance.

I found that even when I may have been sleep deprived at certain times, my DOMS and next day lethargy were almost absent. I also noticed I had some more natural energy throughout the day, so that's always a welcomed benefits when you're full time at college and plan to hit the gym again that day. Clearly, I was recovering better since I normally find myself operating at a reduced percentage of efficiency when I don't get enough zzzz's.

With agmapure (agmatine sulfate), I felt an improved and more pronounced swole feeling in my physique with some good complimentary vascularity. It was nice to have the gym pump stay with you long after your workout.

Finally, provided I got my daily macros and micros on quota, I did see improvement in my cardio endurance and intra-workout weight training endurance as well. I was able to bang out more sprint intervals, boxing speed punch stints, and high volume speed sets with some more ease.

----Value----

Each bottle consists of 90 capsules, which equates to a three month supply since you only need one capsule a day. The only market price I could find was 34.95. I think this is a great value if you are a regular user in AstraGin and knowingly respond well to it, especially considering the quantity you receive in each bottle.

----Side Effects----

----Conclusion----

Nature Restore has a really great valued product here if you knowingly respond well to AstraGin. The increased absorption and uptake of several vital nutrients and supplements is sure to give you some good improvements in recovery, among other things depending on how you train and what you supplement with.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

TRAIN HARD!!!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Feeling Of General Health
      • Improved Recovery
      • Enhanced Pump Feel
      • Some Endurance Increase