(Better than 100% in Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs)

AstraGin 200 is an Herbal Product manufactured by Nature Restore. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.
ARTICLES

Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

March 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Some Endurance Increase
  • Increase Supplement Absorption

First of all many thanks to the Troops Program and to NuLiv Science for giving me the chance to try this. Saw some of the reviews here, so i figured why not try some Astragin?

90 capsules which are 100% plant based. Each contains 200mg Astragin. Astragin is an absorption enhancing ingredient according to NuLiv Science website. Astragin is a combination of Astragalus membranaceus and panax notoginseng root. Both of them are used in traditional chinese medicine.

My dosing was 1 capsule with pre-workout. Fairly easy to swallow. No taste to mention.

The only benefits i have experienced were increased endurance, tingles were more pronounced and better recovery. Was my endurance way better than i used to as without it? Definitely not, but i felt less winded and the time between sets was somewhat reduced. Not a huge difference but still noticable. Recovery was better and i felt a bit less tired after working out. I haven't experienced any increase in energy or a boost in strength. Pumps remained the same. Overall a good experience.

Costs $25 for 90 capsules. Not a bad price overall.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are looking something to enchance your workout this product might worth a try. Some endurance increase along with better recovery at a good price. Not bad at all.

February 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Possible Placebo Effect

What is up guys? Hope you are all doing fantastic because I have another review for you today. I was drawn to this rather interesting product because of the extremely positive reviews that it has received. Before we jump in I'd just like to thank all the people at Nature Restore and SR for making this review possible.

There's only one ingredient: 200mg of Astragin
      Astragin is a 100% natural plant-based supplement made of astragalus membranaceous root and Panax notoginseng root. Both of these roots are chinese herbs that help maintain overall health. 200mg is considered a 'superdose' of this ingredient because it's usually seen in smaller doses around 50mg. I like anything 'supersized' so I gotta tip the cap to their label.

There is no taste or mixing because the product is in pill form. I played around with the dosing A LOT because I really wanted this product to work for me.You're supposed to take one serving a day (because it's good for 24 hours) and I primarily took this product pre-workout hoping that it would enhance my absorption of pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's, and protein shake. I also tried taking this product in the morning, before bed, and pretty much every hour of the day to no avail You'll see what I mean shortly.

So like I said above I primarily took this product pre-workout hoping that it would enhance my absorption of pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's, and protein shake. I had read some other reviews on here saying that you could actually feel this product working because the beta-alanine tingles would be enhanced. I love my beta alanine tingles so I of course tried it pre-workout to begin with. Here's the sad part,I felt nothing. I was using a pre-workout that contained 3g of beta-alanine and I was getting slight tingles so I was hoping this product would push it over the top and really enhance that feeling. Well, it did not. I thought maybe I wasn't giving my body enough time to absorb the Astragin itself so instead of taking it right before I took my pre-workout supplements I took it an hour before I took my normal supplements. Then nothing happened again. I moved it back to two hours before i took my pre-workout supplements and still NOTHING. I felt like I was taking a placebo sugar pill. I literally took this product once a day like they recommended and tried dosing it at different times every day to find this 'magical' effect but I never found it. I didn't even feel like my body was any healthier while taking this product because I got sick and had to get medicine during this trial. In the products defense, absorption is usually not a thing that you can really feel, so it really might have been absorbing the macronutrients from my meals better. However, I felt no noticeable differences, and I saw no differences in my physique due to this product so I really don't know if it did anything at all. I am going to give this product the benefit of the doubt that nutrients were being absorbed better without me really noticing it.

You can get 90 tablets (3 month supply) for $25 online. This comes out to 28 cents per serving. Compared to similar products this is a great price BUT I personally would not pay for this product because I did not see/feel any noticeable changes as a result of the absorption enhancement (sadly) :(

Side Effects

Conclusion

I realize that absorption is not something that you can necessarily feel. I'm just basing some of my expectations off of previous reviews where they described a boost in their pre-workout side effects. Nevertheless, I'm really disappointed after reading all the positive reviews on this product. I was honestly really excited for this trial run, but I guess I'm just a non-responder. I hope other people that try this product have success like everyone else did while using this product.

February 25, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increase Supplement Absorption
      • Great Value
      • Amazing Value

Big thanks to Nature Restore for letting me run AstraGin. What is the point of using supplements or trying to have a healthy eating lifestyle f your body is not going to properly use the ingredients that you are trying to ingest? Well with Nature Restore these issues are resolved and your body is on a superhighway of absorption.

The ingredients are clean and simple:
      1 dose is 200 mg of Astragin.
      Astragin 200 is two ingredients made up of Astragalus membranaceous root and Panax notoginseng. Both are 100% plant-based.

Both of these ingredients are derived from Chinese herbs that help the body with immunity, fighting cancer cells and diseases, help fight inflammation, protects cardiovascular health, regulates and prevents diabetes, and many other health benefits.

These are small capsules that do not have any taste or aftertaste when ingesting them. The mixability is also not a factor given that they are tiny capsules. Dosing is for the user to take 1 capsule daily.

With that being said, I would switch back and forth and sometimes take 2 capsules. I would take one with my Pre-Workout and one with my post workout meal that was heavy in carbs and protein. Some days I would only take it with the post workout meal just to see what if any effect is really happening.

So as I just stated I have tried taking this with my pre-workout. While it was not the interstellar eye-opening experience that I was expecting, I do feel that it enhanced my supplements. I did not experience advanced tingles, but I do feel that the ingredients were better utilized by my body.

For post workout usage I noticed better results because I would take the pill 20 minutes prior to eating then throw down on either some Major Mass, or 2 scoops of ON whey with some sugary based carbs. I noticed that I did not have any digestive issues when I would eat that much while using this product. It was nice to not have gas bloat or digestion issues that are normally associated with large amounts of food.

To solidify these effects and to make sure it was not a placebo effect I have been doing the same stuff (eating wise) without the product for a week now, and have noticed that I have more gas, and generally feel like a giant turd. So based off of personal experience I would say that this was doing something positive for me.

So Nature Restore is the only brand right now that is giving you 200mg of this product. 1 bottle will run you $25 for 90 pills. This is .28 per serving which is a steal given the amount of AstraGin you are getting per dose.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Seriously folks, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle. Everyone is busy finding the next great Pre or Post supplement or the newest protein or BCAA's, but what is the point if your body cannot absorb them. This is really the missing link between those products and your body. The price point is also a winner because where else are you going to find something this effective for this price? Sometimes it is the little things that our bodies need in order to be great, and this delivers in that aspect.

February 22, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Pump Feel
      • Increase Supplement Absorption
      • Great Value
      • Amazing Value
      • Enhanced Effects
      • Great With High Protein
      • Astraption
      • Huge Dose Per Serving

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to Nature Restore for participating in the SR TROOP program and for SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Nature Restore is an interesting brand because they base their supplements on organic plants. They have several interesting products that I've made reviews here at SupplementReviews and other products I haven't tried. Most of us take a lot of supplements and expect them to work. We flood our body with Aminoacids, Creatine, Glutamine, Protein, Joint Support, Multivitamins, Multiminerals and the list goes on. That's only including supplements, we also have to include all the food we eat. So we expect them to work adequately but it's obvious our body is under a lot of work everyday to digest and use everything we take. So how can we increase the Effectiveness and Efficiency of what we consume? Here comes Astragin! Let's see how it worked...

Btw, sorry for the delay writing this review. I was trying to see the difference with Astragin and without Astragin. And also I'll be honest, I've been reading lot of reviews, entering forum discussions, training, instead of writing my own reviews! lol.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 1 ingredient: Astragin which is a combination of Astragalus Membracenous Root and Panax NotoGinseng Root. Other users have talked about Astragin already, there's also a "MFR's DESCRIPTION" at the product's page https://supplementreviews.com/nature-restore/astragin-200 (to the left). You can also read the page dedicated to Astragin here: https://nulivscience.com/astragin/ if you want to know more about Astragin.

They also have a very simple YouTube video that explains in a very basic way what Astragin does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=-vw9LIqMRsI The video says this: "90% of absorption occurs in the small intestine. Many nutrients we consume such as Turmeric or Calcium are either marginally or poorly absorbed by the body. Astragin enhances nutrient uptake by activating certain transporter molecules in your small intestine, allowing more nutrients to cross the intestinal movement and enter the bloodstream, for use by our organs, muscles and more."

The product itself says: "Nutrient absorption in human bodies are not automatic but rather, regulated by specific transporters. Astragin increases nutrient absorption through nutrient transporters in the digestive tract." The website also has a 14 minute video with Michael Wang, President & CEO of NuLiv Science, discussing the Mechanism of Action of Astragin. AstraGin is NuLiv Science's exclusive absorption enhancing ingredient.

So as you can see, you're fully covered here, lot of information to read if you want to know more about Astragin. NuLiv Science tells us the recommended daily dosage is 50mg. So how much Nature Restore Astragin 200 has? 75? 25? 100? NOOO! It has 200mg! BOOM! That's 4x more. Definitely a 10/10 here.

TASTE/SIZE/TIMING

No taste nor aftertaste.
        SIZE: 90 capsules, they are small and easy to swallow.
        TIMING: They suggest to take 1 capsule daily with a meal. Sometimes I took 1 capsule daily, other times I took 2 capsules daily, 1 with my largest meal and the other one with my Protein supplement or with my Preworkout.

EFFECTIVENESS

Astragin was most effective for me when I took it with a meal that had lot of Protein. "ASTRAPTION" was perfect here. No protein farts, stomach didn't feel heavy for a lot of time. Taking Astragin during the time I did (Christmas, New Year, etc) when there's a lot of Turkey and Protein sources was GREAT! :D That meant I had to keep training during those holidays though, so no rest for me... YOLO!!

I also tried it with my preworkout. I could notice a few improvements but I expected a bit more here. I thought that with Astragin, the Citrulline Malate wasn't going to send me to the bathroom but it still did lol, that's why I expected a bit more. But yea, I think Astragin helped, the tingling sensation from Beta-Alanine could be felt more and I think it helped my preworkout worked better. I was taking Regicide Pre-Workout at the moment, which has a lot of ingredients and in high doses so increasing their absorption is a win-win situation.

I also tried it with my Whey Protein supplement post-workout and the digestion was improved. No protein farts, no heavy feeling, especially when I took 2 scoops at the same time, which is when some of those side effects can happen more. I also think it helped with Calcium. I'm taking a cheap Calcium + Vitamin D supplement and Astragin made it feel less uncomfortable to digest, especially the cheap Calcium Carbonate in tablet form (nightmare).

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Nature Restore Astragin and the way it worked. The 200mg dose is fantastic to enter into the ASTRAPTION mode! :D I suggest using it with your largest meal as that's the one that should have the most amount of protein, aminos, vitamins, etc. But feel free to use it with any other supplement to see if it improves it.

VALUE

Some supplements have 25mg, 50mg, 75mg and even 100mg but from what I know, no other supplement has this huge dose of 200mg per serving. Nature Restore sells this product for $24.95. Free shipping for orders over $25 lol, but check their other products, some of them are interesting. A 3 month product for $24.95. What else do you want? The price was $32-35 before, that's why the Value is not very high but right now, $24.95 is a bargain! Even with the $32-35 price, it's still a good price. So it deserves a 10. That $35 price would deserve like an 8. A 10 here means: "The best deal ever. I will spend my money on nothing else." A very small amount of products get a DESERVED 10 here.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Great product. Small capsules easy to swallow, perfect effectiveness with high protein foods, Highly effective with Protein supplements. Huge dose of 200mg per serving, only one available right now. I won't even add "Not widely available" to the "Cons" area because at that price, I don't care if it's not widely available lol. If the price increases to $35 in the future, then yes, Not widely available would be a Cons. But for this price, who cares!? I was taking too many supplements to fully determine the effectiveness of this pre-workout. I think it helped and improved my preworkout but can't absolutely conclude it was beyond placebo. Are you ready for ASTRAPTION!?

9.8
          February 14, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Improved Recovery
        • Better Feeling Of General Health
        • Some Endurance Increase
        • Amazing Value

This is my 1st review of Nature Restore. I want to thank them for giving me a chance to try this product because anything that can add to the supplements we are already taking, is something worth looking into.

This is 200 mg of Astragin. Astragin 200 is two ingredients that are 100% plant-based. The first is astragalus membracenous root and the second is panax notoginseng root. Astragalus Membracenous (also called Mongolian milkvetch in England) comes from China and is a part of the top 50 herbs used in China. This has many benefits including immunity, fights of disease, also believed to help with tumors and cancers, and aids in wound healing. This is primarily being used to heal wounds. Panax Notoginseng (commonly called notoginseng or sanqi) is another Chinese herb that is also used in England. Panax Notoginseng is a part of the Ginseng family. It has several benefits but its main purpose is to stop or slow down bleeding. As you can see, the two ingredients combined with other supplements can help the body recover more effectively. I give this a good rating. The two ingredients are used in many Chinese, as well as England, medicines and is successful.

No issues with taste and is fine when used with other supplements. The dosing is one capsule per day with 90 capsules in each package. This was something I just added to my normal day in the mornings with my multivitamin. It says to take it with a meal so breakfast works out best for me so it was easy to add to my day. I give this a high rating.

This is a product used with other supplements and is not intended just by itself. Astragin is something that has shown to help the body absorb other supplements. This is a good product to go with anybody that's taking amino acids or protein. It also helps cardiovascular health and exercise. I found this something that was effective for me. The amino acids, as well as a protein, absorbed into the body better as my recovery post workout was great. It's hard to measure exactly what Astragin does and exactly how good the result was, but as I was taking it I felt it was working with my supplements. The Astragin was doing what it claimed it would do. I give this a high rating.

The package comes with 90 vegetarian capsules. I was able to find this online at $25. This works out to $0.28 per day. That is a great value, especially with the effectiveness I was getting. I wish everything was this cheap and valuable.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

As I said in the earlier comment, this is not a product just designed for itself. It is to work with other supplements as well as diet. I felt that Astragin was great and did what it claimed to do. The ingredients were natural and good. The dosing was easy to do as I took in the morning with a multivitamin. The effectiveness seemed to work. The value is great. To try anything at less than $.50 per day is something at least worth trying. I give this a great value for its effectiveness and inexpensive. Something definitely worth trying.

Overall
        Overall
        9.3
        9.5
          January 16, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Better Feeling Of General Health
        • Amazing Value

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I had never heard of AstraGin before until I joined SR last year. Once I read up on it I was intrigued to say the least so added this specific product to my I Want to Try list. Low and behlod, Nature Restore came back and offered this up again, so I had to try it out! Big thank you to Nature Restore and SR for this opportunity to see what AstraGin was all about.

Really simple profile here, 200mg of AstraGin per pill. AstraGin is an absorption enhancement ingredient which supports the absorption of amino acids, creatine, arginine, citrulline, beta-alanine, glucosamine, vitamins, and minerals. AstraGin improves bioavailability of these ingredients by allowing a greater amount of nutrients to pass from the bloodstream into the cells. AstraGin itself is owned by Nuliv Science, and of special note, they have a link on their page on AstraGin showing this product winning Supplement of the Month here on SR. Typical recommended dosage here is 50mg a day, here we get a huge 200mg.

Nuliv Science Link: https://nulivscience.com/astragin/

Taste/Mixabililty: Nothing to talk about here, pills were pretty small and extremely easy to swallow.

Dosing: I varied this throughout the bottle. I would take this with whatever supplement I wanted to get more absorption with to see which works best ranging from Beta-Alanine to PWO's to Greens. After reading up some more I do see that it is recommended to take AstraGin prior to working out as this increases absorption of key amino acids which increase nitric oxide levels in the your body. Realistically though you can take this anytime of the day and it has a life of 24 hours in the human body.

So I thought this section would be pretty tough, as we are rating an absorption product that you may really not feel immediately, or at all, depending on what you took this with. The best example for me to realize how great AstraGin is was taking this with BlockBuster PWO by MAN Sports. Now, 1 dose of that contains 1.6g Beta Alanine. For me, I do not get the tingly feeling until at least 2.5g or higher. I took the PWO without AstraGin and did not feel the tingles. I then took the PWO with AstraGin (different days of course), and wow that tingling sensation was there as if I just dosed 3.2g! So yes, I saw the difference here.

I will say this, i did take this with a BCAA product that was not working at all i hopes to kick start it, but it turns out if the product doesn't work to begin with, this won't fix it!! Taking this with a Greens drink was hard to tell right off the bat. The few times I did it with that though I would take mid afternoon and by diner time frame I would feel "healthy" as if I did make my allotment of fruits and veggies for the day. I feel like that on the greens drink to begin with over a long period of time, never daily if that makes sense.

Those were just a couple of my experiences on AstraGin, what I would recommend to you trying this is to try out your supplements by itself first see the effect, then if you have a PWO or something that is loses it effectiveness over time, kick start that bad boy with a dose of AstraGin. You will see more and more companies are adding AstraGin in lieu of Bioperine as their absorption agent, which I think is a good thing, but you will typically get 50mg there, not 200mg like this powerhouse. I really can notice a difference using AstraGin versus not, and it is no placebo!!

From Nature Restore themselves you can get a 90 day supply (90 pills) for $24.99 which comes out to 28 cents a use. Are you kidding me, this is a phenomenal deal!! Great value in the wallet and effectiveness makes me give this the DaSlaya value seal of approval! I don't know how you can find a better deal!

Side Effects

Conclusion

So yes, I highly recommend AstraGin by Nature Restore to anyone looking to enhance their absorption. There are good health benefits to this as well to help your intestinal wall, but mostly this is great to kick start your supplements that may be losing their mojo! The price is amazing on this, and honestly if your using this just for absorption you only really need to take this when you need to for whatever supps you desire. So 90 days could last you a very long time. I can't believe how excited an absorption product makes me, but I am truly blown away by this one, nice job and really glad I tried this out. I will be recommending this to all my friends as I do think this is one ingredient people are just not that aware of!!

August 25, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Improved Recovery

First and foremost I would like to thank Nature Restore for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week and also plays soccer twice a week. When I noticed this product being reviewed and also keep bumping into this on a lot of portals I figured I try it myself. I was already aware of the benefits it has on absorption so I figured why not test it out myself.

This product come with only one ingredient. It is called AstraGin and it'a patented by Nuliv Science. According to the manufacturer it is derived from highly purified Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membrenaceus using a pharmaceutical grade extraction and processing technology.

One pill a day is all it takes.

This isn't an easy product to evaluate based on performance but I will give it a shot. I think the best way to tell it is effective based on how the Beta-Alanine tingles have increased while I was on this product. I would assume that whatever I took with this would have been enhanced because my overall feeling of vitality. My overall sourness and stiffness wasn't as bad as usual. I think this is because of all the boost for the BCAA's and Creatine etc that helped me out. I can say with certain assurance that this product does help with absorption and you do feel the boost. I'm really glad because I'm always worried about promises not being delivered. This product does deliver on the promises and the studies backing it up confirm what I experienced myself. I should also mention that in their studies the product has shown to help repair the intestinal walls and reduce inflammatory damage. Obviously the less damage and inflammation the better intestines works.

This is available only at the manufacturers site 90 servings for 35 bucks. That makes it 39 cents per serving. It makes this product a great value considering all the benefits it provides. If it comes on sale than I will have zero hesitation to buy a supply of these. I will buy another bottle to keep it going.

Side Effects

None to speak of.

Conclusion

I think that for the value I would buy this product just to enhance everything else I'm taking. Its not that expensive and the boost you get from all the other products makes it cheaper. I could also suggest that you take a lower dose of everything else at maybe 75% dosage and all that money you would save would almost pay for this. So the bottom line is that I highly recommend this product and will be buying it myself. I wish you all a "boosted" day :)

5.5
          August 21, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Possible Placebo Effect

A big thank you to Nature Restore for sending me their Astragin to try! I am a 26yo firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to gain muscle mass / strength and to maintain a solid shape for my profession!

Well this is as easy as it comes people. One ingredient. That's it. That ingredient is astragin. Astragin is a combo of astragalus membracenous root and panax notoginseng root. It states on the bottle that the capsule is 100% plant based. The company claims that Astragin increases the absorption of many different nutrients in our body. They state this is done by increasing the effectiveness of nutrient transporters in our digestive tract. The company claims this ingredient has been tested and clinically validated to work effectively. The company also states this ingredient promotes cardiovascular health and enhances exercise performance.

Well seeing as how this supplement is in capsule form taste is not an issue here. Mixabilty is also not an issue due to it being in capsules. The dosing is 1 pill which is 200mg. The company states that 200mg is considered a super dose. They also state that a super dose is safe for humans and has shown so through lab testing in animals. The pill itself is very small and is simple to swallow with a sip of water. It's small enough to be take with another pill or pills, which is very convenient for people who have a lot of supplements.

This is the tricky part of this product. Since it enhances nutrient absorbtion it is very difficult to see or feel any results unless you are nutrient deficient in certain areas. I tried this product because I thought it would enhance my daily multi vitamin. I didn't see or feel any crazy or noticeable results but that doesn't necessarily mean that this product is not working. Since beginning this product I have successfully made progress on my fitness goals that I stated above. Although I definitely don't 100% contribute it to this product I do feel that it helped my health along the way.

The only price I could find was on their website at 32.95 for one bottle. One bottle contains 90 servings. That breaks down to about 36 cents per serving. So the bottle itself is a bit pricy for just a nutrient absorbtion enhancer but each individual serving is rather cheap in my opinion.

Side Effects

I noticed no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Well overall I think this is a good addition for the possible effects it can bring. It all depends on whether or not you want to shell out the extra cash to try it. I would be more convincing to try it but it's hard to tell how much it's working. Once again the upside is big but I'm not too sure yet. Thank you again Nature Restore for sending me this to try!

July 21, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Improved Recovery
        • Some Endurance Increase
        • Possible Placebo Effect

If you have been taking supplements for several years there is a good possibility you have taken AstraGin. I know I have. It is in numerous products inlcuding BCAA, preworkouts, sleep formulas, growth formulas, and many more. I always wondered if it actually worked and if I would be able to see a difference if I took it in a pure form. So, when Nature Restore put up their Astragin product I wanted to try it. Here is the review.

Nature Restore Astragin comes in a 90 capsule bottle. I will note that at the time of this writing if you were to purchase this from Nature Restore you would get three 30 serving bottles. They stated there was a manufacturing error in production when they filled the bottles. Regardless, it is the same amount. Each 100% plant based capsule contains 200mg of AstraGin. Before I get into AstraGin and the benefits it has I want to touch on the plant-based capsule.

If you ever looked at different pill supplements you will notice a vast majority of them come from gelatin capsules. Gelatin capsules are boiled down animal parts from pigs and cows. After it is boiled, you are left with a gel substance that can be formed into a pill shape. One of the drawbacks to gelatin capsules is they aren't very heat tolerant. Plant based capsules are all-natural and are made using cellulose. I much prefer my supplements to be capped in plant-based capsules as opposed to gelatin. I am glad that Nature Restore uses plant based capsules over gelatin capsules for their AstraGin product.

As previously mentioned, this AstraGin comes in a 200mg dosage (per pill). One thing you may notice is that the dosage seems high and it is. Most times when you see AstraGin it is in a 50mg dosage so with this you are getting four times the clinical dosage. Astragin is a blend of astagalus membraneceus and panax notoginseng. The major claimed benefit is that it can increase the absorption of several amino acids, vitamins, and supplements. The claimed percentages are a 6.7% increase in absorption rate of arginine, 18% increase in ATP production, and 50% increase in vitamin absorption. This all sounds great but many of the studies are "in vitro," which means outside the body. In addition, the patent holders NuLivScience used to have a sales sheet but it is no longer accessible. The sheet claimed a 41% increased in absorption of peptides and amino acids. NuLivScience also claims that the results of AstraGin could be seen instantaneous and measurable over a month when using it in a sports supplement. Overall, it is definitely a unique supplement.

Taste and mixability do not apply to this supplement but as mentioned before the active ingredient is in a 100% plant-based capsule. The standard dosage for Astragin from what I have seen is 50mg. This product contains 200mg in each capsule and they recommend one per day with a meal. My personal dosage was usually one per day with my multivitamins, creatine, or pre workout. I did try two, three, and four pills but I did not notice a difference over the one pill per day. So, if I were to take this again I would stick to just one pill a day.

I was on this product for about two months and it is hard to rate the effectiveness. I have been off it for several days and feel the same. However, there were three things that I noticed over the course of the bottle and they were some supplements felt stronger, increased vitamin-b absorption (presumed), and some improved recovery. Towards the start of taking this, I had just finished taking a pre workout and I moved to RTD energy/recovery supplements. The main one was FitAid, which was just okay. FitAid without Astragin I struggled getting through my workouts because it did not give me enough energy or really help at all with recovery. However, with the added Astragin I noticed I would be sustained through the workout (they were shorter then) and had slightly more endurance. Another supplement that Astragin aided was VMI Agmatine. I noticed that when I took the agmatine with the Astragin my pumps were slightly better than without it. It was nothing huge but definitely worth noting.

The next area I noticed was a perceived increase in vitamin B absorption. When I have taken multivitamins in the past, I notice that I sometimes will have bright yellow urine. This is due to excess riboflavin or vitamin b2 being excreted by the body. What I noticed when stacking this with my multivitamin I did not have that bright yellow urine all the time. So, this leads me to believe that perhaps the AstraGin was helping my body better absorb the vitamin b2 thus leading to less being excreted in my urine. This could have translated to other vitamins as well but this was the only one I could somewhat measure.

The last area I noticed was some slight increase in recovery. I was taking some recovery supplements while taking the Astragin and I think it enhanced them. I felt better recovery with the recovery supplements and Astragin over just the recovery supplements. This was most notable with Xtend BCAA. I noticed a slight recovery improvement over when I just took Xtend on its own. Overall, Astragin is a supplement that will benefit your other supplements. I do not think it will do much if you are not stacking it with different supplements. When stacked I found it to be effective and a welcome addition.

I actually could only find this product in one place and that was on Nature Restore website. It retails for $32.95, which makes it $0.36 per serving. I did not see a need to go over one pill per day since 200mg is four times the clinical dosage you are looking $0.36 per day. I think this price is fair if you believe in the benefits of Astragin. Just to note Nature Restore was the only place I could find to buy any pure Astragin product that looked legitimate (other had old labels and products I have not seen on the market in years). I am glad I was able to try it and if it did not come up on the Trooper program, I probably would have ended up purchasing to try it. Overall, I think it is worth a try and if you have the budget, it could potentially become a staple.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Nature Restore Astragin is an effective product that is worth a try. It helped me enhance the effects of other supplements, improve my recovery, and perceived absorption of vitamin B2. It is priced fairly and comes in at four times the usual dosage so you are getting your money's worth. I would recommend giving it a try to stack with your current supplements. Thank you to Nature Restore for sending this out and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

May 17, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Enhanced Pump Feel
        • Some Endurance Increase

First off I want to thank Nature Restore for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. This is my first ever Nature Restore product and first time using a stand alone AstraGin product. At first I was like what is this product and pretty much ignored it until I started seeing a few reviews for it. After reading the reviews for it and hearing how good it was on recovery and other things I had to give it a try. Boy was I glad I claimed this product. This product really surprised me at how good it was.

This is a single ingredient product with 200mg of AstraGin. Here is a little something I found on their website as to what this does. "This is an absorption enhancing ingredient, and it's proven in a dozen pre-clinical studies to support amino acid, vitamin & mineral absorption. AstraGin is a 100% natural food ingredient that has shown in the cell, animal, and human studies to support the absorption of much essential life supporting and health promoting nutrients, such as amino acids and vitamins into human cells. By fostering a cellular environment to allow a greater amount of these nutrients to pass from the bloodstream into the cells, AstraGin provides for truly improved bioavailability".

There is no real taste to these. They come in capsules. Also nothing to mix. Dosing is pretty simple. All you really need is 1 capsule per day. You could take 2 pills twice a day if you want but not needed. If you take this once per day I would take it with your pre-workout or any other supplements you use. The other way you could take this is one pill before bed or in the morning. For me I took this twice a day. Usually I would take one in the morning and one before bed. That seemed to work really well for me. A few times if I forgot to take this in the mornings and would take it later in the day before working out. Really all you need is one pill and that should be more than enough.

I found this product to be rather surprising for me. Not long after I started taking this I could really start feeling a big difference in how I felt. This is used to help absorb supplements you are taking better into your system. I feel this helped with absorbing my supplements a lot better and quicker into my system. I know on all my lifts my strength seemed to go up a lot. I was able to start lifting heavier than normal and be able to do the weight I was doing a lot easier than I could. I also really noticed a big difference in my recovery. My body started to feel a lot better and my recovery seemed to really improve a lot. I noticed I was feeling way less sore and could keep going longer. I noticed that when I took this at night before bed I would wake up in the morning feeling a lot better and more awake. I think this really helped me at night get a lot better sleep. If I would have known how great this product was going to be I would have checked this product out a long time ago. I never knew how effective AstraGin was on it's own until I tried it. My overall body just felt so much better and was able to do a lot more stuff while working out and not get as tired or fatigued. I felt I had more energy, was more alert, and way less soreness.

Right now the only place you can get this is on Nature Restore website. They want right now $32.95 for 90 capsules. I feel that is maybe just a little high for a single ingredient product like this. Since I was doing 2 pills a day I was not getting the full 90 day servings I was only getting 45. I would like to see the price dropped a little on this but for being so effective of a product I won't dock it on price to much.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I was really surprised what this product did for me. The recovery, energy and alertness this gave me was way better than I thought it was going to be. This is something I think could become a staple to your supplement stack and maybe should be. If your someone that works out a lot (like me) 5-6 days a week I would highly recommend trying this product. When you first look into a product like this it does not look like a very exciting type product. Please don't let the look of it fool you because once you start using this you will be really amazed at how effective this product really is. This would be a product I would for sure use again. Probably not all the time but once in awhile. Again I want to give a big shout out to Natures Restore for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to give this a try.