Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

AstraGin 200 is an Herbal Product manufactured by Nature Restore. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.

Health & Wellbeing > Other Herbs

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 68
  May 17, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Nature Restore for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. This is my first ever Nature Restore product and first time using a stand alone AstraGin product. At first I was like what is this product and pretty much ignored it until I started seeing a few reviews for it. After reading the reviews for it and hearing how good it was on recovery and other things I had to give it a try. Boy was I glad I claimed this product. This product really surprised me at how good it was.

This is a single ingredient product with 200mg of AstraGin. Here is a little something I found on their website as to what this does. "This is an absorption enhancing ingredient, and it's proven in a dozen pre-clinical studies to support amino acid, vitamin & mineral absorption. AstraGin is a 100% natural food ingredient that has shown in the cell, animal, and human studies to support the absorption of much essential life supporting and health promoting nutrients, such as amino acids and vitamins into human cells. By fostering a cellular environment to allow a greater amount of these nutrients to pass from the bloodstream into the cells, AstraGin provides for truly improved bioavailability".

There is no real taste to these. They come in capsules. Also nothing to mix. Dosing is pretty simple. All you really need is 1 capsule per day. You could take 2 pills twice a day if you want but not needed. If you take this once per day I would take it with your pre-workout or any other supplements you use. The other way you could take this is one pill before bed or in the morning. For me I took this twice a day. Usually I would take one in the morning and one before bed. That seemed to work really well for me. A few times if I forgot to take this in the mornings and would take it later in the day before working out. Really all you need is one pill and that should be more than enough.

I found this product to be rather surprising for me. Not long after I started taking this I could really start feeling a big difference in how I felt. This is used to help absorb supplements you are taking better into your system. I feel this helped with absorbing my supplements a lot better and quicker into my system. I know on all my lifts my strength seemed to go up a lot. I was able to start lifting heavier than normal and be able to do the weight I was doing a lot easier than I could. I also really noticed a big difference in my recovery. My body started to feel a lot better and my recovery seemed to really improve a lot. I noticed I was feeling way less sore and could keep going longer. I noticed that when I took this at night before bed I would wake up in the morning feeling a lot better and more awake. I think this really helped me at night get a lot better sleep. If I would have known how great this product was going to be I would have checked this product out a long time ago. I never knew how effective AstraGin was on it's own until I tried it. My overall body just felt so much better and was able to do a lot more stuff while working out and not get as tired or fatigued. I felt I had more energy, was more alert, and way less soreness.

Right now the only place you can get this is on Nature Restore website. They want right now $32.95 for 90 capsules. I feel that is maybe just a little high for a single ingredient product like this. Since I was doing 2 pills a day I was not getting the full 90 day servings I was only getting 45. I would like to see the price dropped a little on this but for being so effective of a product I won't dock it on price to much.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I was really surprised what this product did for me. The recovery, energy and alertness this gave me was way better than I thought it was going to be. This is something I think could become a staple to your supplement stack and maybe should be. If your someone that works out a lot (like me) 5-6 days a week I would highly recommend trying this product. When you first look into a product like this it does not look like a very exciting type product. Please don't let the look of it fool you because once you start using this you will be really amazed at how effective this product really is. This would be a product I would for sure use again. Probably not all the time but once in awhile. Again I want to give a big shout out to Natures Restore for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to give this a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Pump Feel
    smashley23
    TROOPer Level: 27
      April 28, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

I'm a competing powerlifter, about a month out from my next meet. I train 4-5 days a week and my basic stack is a PWO, protein powder, fish oil, multi, creatine, curcumin, and apres flex. Of course, diet and training are my main focus, but I do believe a well thought supplement regime can only help my progress.

This is a single ingredient product.

AstraGin is a trademarked compound used to improve the efficacy of other supplements. It was created by NuLiv Science and is made of Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng plants. It works by improving the small intestine's ability to absorb certain supplements. Notably, citrulline (up to 43%) and folate (up to 50%). It is also said to improve the health of the small intestines by mitigating damage to do the walls. If this is accurate, then AstraGin could be quite useful as a general health supplement, even if you don't need it to improve the efficacy of other supplements. I hope they do more research on this. Unfortunately, the supplement industry has too many people ready to jump on the bandwagon and not enough people actually willing to invest into research (getting off my soapbox now).

No taste here. The product is in a capsule. Mixability is a non issue as well. The dose is just one small pill, easy to swallow. Each pill is 200mg, which is a very liberal dose. NuLiv calls 50mg 1 dose.

I used this product in two different ways. I used it alongside my pre workout on days that I trained and I used it with my vitamins on off days. Most of my pre workouts have citrulline in them. This is important because if AstraGin is marketed to boost the absorption of citrulline, then you want to use it with a product that has citrulline to see if there's any difference. It wouldn't be very fair if I used a citrulline-free product and then complained it didn't work.

I also make this point because some supplements are shown to improve the absorption of one product, but then they are added to a whole slew of products as a marketing tactic. Notably, biopiperine. I've seen it in many pre workouts, but most of them didn't have any ingredients that biopiperine is shown to bolster. Just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, back to AstraGin, I was really impressed with the addition to Astra-Gin to my preworkouts. I used it along with PWOs that I already liked (else why would I use them) and I went from getting good pumps to feeling like I had turned into Blastoise.

The pre-workouts that I used to test it were PES Prolific, RedCon1 Total War, Sparta Kraken, and Elixir/Noxygen. Most of these PWOs have citrulline (either pure or malate). The only one that didn't was Elixir/Noxygen, but I still noticed that my pumps were better. It could be placebo, but I do think that Astra-Gin also works with nitrate based pump enhancers.

I can't really offer much feedback on taking the AstraGin with my vitamins. It could have improved absorption, but I didn't do any blood work to confirm this. I can say, though, that I did not suffer any side effects from it, so it probably won't cause any harm. I just don't know if it's beneficial. On paper it should be given that my multi has folate and other ingredients that Astra-Gin has been tested on, but I don't have a way of confirming it.

The only place I saw to buy this was from Nature Restore. It's $33 a bottle, and each bottle has 90 servings. I think this is a pretty fair deal. The alternative, of course, would be to just scoop more of your pre workout, but that would cost more in the end, and in my case would cause me to ingest more caffeine at a time than I want to.

NuLiv Science also sells AstraGin by the bottle for $25, but they only offer 60 servings, so Nature Restore is probably more cost effective.

Side Effects

None for me

Conclusion

It's kind of a funny idea, supplementing your supplement, but I think AstraGin is a good ingredient to have around. It's cheaper than double scooping (or in some cases 1.5 scooping) your pre workout and it allows you to get more of a pump without having to add more stimulants. Some PWOs are featuring it, and it could be that this ingredient will become a pre workout staple.

I think it's worth a shot, and I'd like to thank Nature Restore for giving me the chance to try it out.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Pump Feel
      pancow
      TROOPer Level: 67
        April 27, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

First I would like to thank Nature Restore for sending this bottle of AstragGin out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. AstraGin is being found in numerous supplements to assist with nutrient absorption similar to Bioperine in a way, but has been proven to be more effective. So basically taking this before common supps like creatine, BCAA, or glutamine enhances their absorption.

Ingredient profile is quite simple - AstraGin. 200mg's per capsule which is noted as being x4 the potency needed for assisting with nutrient absorption, and this is noted as being safe even at high amounts. Comes with 90 servings so technically 90 days, but I used a capsule pre workout and before bed with evening supplement stack. In the end the basic concept I see is consume with a supplement stack to absorb those ingredients better.

Capsules had no strange taste and mixing N/A. Dosing was a capsule before workout supplements and before evening supplements.

I definitely felt a difference in strength using creatine along with AstraGin to assist with absorption. When I say notice I'm not talking about going up 100 lbs. in deadlifting, but a nice little enhancement that allowed me to know it's doing pretty well. Pre workout supplements seemed to be even more intense once I used this, and recovery was quite well probably due to aminos being absorbed efficiently.

Found this bottle on Nature Restore website only for $32.45, which is pretty good and way less that a dollar per serving. Very good price for a simple capsule that helps absorb everything around.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

Definitely an awesome product to have around if you like taking a variety of products especially aminos. Thanks for sending this out to review Nature Restore.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Enhanced Pump Feel
        shinndigg
        TROOPer Level: 40

April 7, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
        Thanks to the peeps over at Nature Restore for providing this product. This is a review about a supplement for your supplements...whhhhhaaatt, a supplement within a supplement!?!? We're going on an "Inception" inspired, Leo like trip into the product that is Astragin. Grab your little spinny tops, and don't worry, this is all real...just like at the end of the movie (seriously, how did people not get that the end sequence was reality in that movie? He explains before in the...never mind).

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10): Astragin is a compound composed of two herbal components; Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. As stated in previous reviews on here, it has demonstrated the capability to increase the absorption of amino acids and vitamins as well as reducing inflammation. Some studies have indicated Arginine absorption could increase by as much as 60% when using Astragin. So essentially this is a supplement that works to help you get the most out of the other supplements and vitamins you are taking, what a novel concept!

Most products that utilize Astragin use a recommended 50mg dosage. With this product, you're getting 4 times that at 200mg per pill. A huge dose of this product to maximize its potential.

Mixture (N/A)/Taste (10/10): Well mixture is a moot point with this product since they are pills, and there is no noticeable aftertaste or nasty herbal burps, so pretty straight forward here.

Effectiveness (9/10): So the way I see it with what this product entails, you know it's working if the products you are taking with it are working well. I used a wide range of products while on Astragin; pre-workouts, BCAAs, Creatine, Proteins, essentially the whole gamut of supplements. I used an Agmatine product, Outlift by Nutrex, and Cavalry by Crusader Supplements as pre-workouts and this seemed to heighten the pump aspect of those products, particularly Outlift with its 8 grams of Citrulline. This also seemed to help the endurance with the pre-workouts containing Beta- Alanine.

I also started taking this post-workout with protein and BCAAs and my recovery was on point. Which was helpful since I was working out 6 days a week during most of my run on this. Maybe it was all in my head (Maybe Nature Restore sent their own Leo in to plant it in my head), but I don't find it as a coincidence that I felt a heightened sense of performance and recovery with the products I used while on this.

Value (9/10): For this particular brand of Astragin, the only place a google search yields is its own website at $32.95 for 90 pills. This comes out to roughly 36 cents a serving, so even if you took two a day you'd get a 45 day supply at 72 cents a day, a good deal in my book when you consider you get more out of all the other products you use as well.

In my experience, it was not a dream. Astragin really did seem to enhance the other products I was using along with it. This seems like a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to improve the ultimate effectiveness of the supplements they use. I like this product, and give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

*Cue spinny top that shutters a split second before the frame goes out*
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Enhanced Pump Feel
        • Possible Placebo Effect
        bctuthill
        TROOPer Level: 35
          April 5, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

Hey SR! I want to thank Nature Restore for giving me an opportunity to try their AstraGin 200. I'd wanted to try this after seeing it pop up in ingredient profiles as part of a blend, and am very pleased with the results it gave as a standalone ingredient. Overall, it's nothing you're going to get too excited about, but the impact it has on the effectiveness of the rest of your stack and the total lack of any kind of side effects whatsoever, really make it a no-loss scenario for everyone that wants their money's worth from their supplements.

AstraGin - a proprietary, all natural compound including astragalus membranaceus and panaxnotoginseng. It is effective at increasing mRNA levels, thus enabling greater biologic availability of a variety of nutrients. Clinical studies have shown it to increase absorption levels of the following:
        - Amino Acids (+62%)
        - Vitamins (+50%)
        - Glucose (+57%)
        - Creatine (+34%)
        - Beta Alanine (+30%)
        Each pill contains 200mg of AstraGin

1 pill daily is all anyone needs at 200mg each.
        I dosed in the morning every day, usually with a protein shake.

I started noticing the effects of this after a week of taking it, but the only tell came from pump products I was taking. That's not entirely unexpected though. Creatine stays loaded, strength increase effects of Beta Alanine could be attributed to other factors pretty easily, vitamins are tough to gauge in general, but the pumps from arginine/citrulline were noticeably better and more reliable. I noticed increased muscle fullness earlier into my workout, along with fire hose-level vascularity as soon as I started my first lift. Sometimes pump products can be hit or miss for me, but this seems to have had a serious impact on making their effects more consistent.

The only place I could find this on sale is on Nature Restore's own website, and it was priced at $34.95 for 90 servings. That's a per dose cost of less than $0.40-and an incredible value for the increased effectiveness you'll have from your other supps.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think this is a new staple for me. At such a good price point, there's really nothing to stop me from keeping this in rotation at all times. It's not the most exciting supplement in the world, but you'll notice the effects it has on your other supplements pretty quickly. I'd recommend everyone give it a shot.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Enhanced Pump Feel
        • Increase Supplement Absorption
        • Great Value
          Momo1
          TROOPer Level: 63
            March 15, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
          What's going on SR! I would like to thank Nature Restore and the Trooper program for allowing to try AstraGin 200. In the past, I have been skeptical about certain supplements, which are praised and marketed as the next big thing, without any valid science behind it. After reading up on some of the research conducted on AstraGin, being a grandfather of 3 crazy little girls, I want to make sure I can keep up with them. How did this pappy do while on AstraGin 200? Let's find out

AstraGin 200 has only one ingredient, that is it, 200 mg of AstraGin, which is a high dose compared to other companies who have similar AstraGin products, but they normally are dosed at 50 mg.

AstraGin is a natural compound, without getting too scientific, its purpose is designed to improve the absorption of nutrients. Many companies like to add AstraGin to their products so it increase the absorption rate.

On a side note, sometimes people confuse AstraGin with Actigin; despite they are similar to each other, they have different effects. Actigin is better for recovery and endurance, whereas AstraGin is more of a nutritional practitioner with the benefits of recovery as well.

Taste - these are small little capsule, unless you like the taste of bitter stuff, then you can open them up and mix them with your drink.

Mix - Nothing to mix, pop them and go

Dosing - I decided to take AstraGin as follows 1 in the am with my morning Shake, 1 in the afternoon with a lunch, and 1 in the evening. On workout days, I would take one 1 the morning and 2 after my workout with my post workout shake. Of course, I had to change it up on the 2nd week :)

The 1st week of taking AstraGin 200, at 3 times a day and 600 mg dose, I really did not feel a change in my recovery. However, by the 10th day, I started to notice that I would wake up in the morning not as sore from the previous night's workout. On days when I would take my BCAA with it, I notice my recovery was even faster.

I did decide on the last 2 weeks to take AstraGin 200 in the afternoon with LGI Natural, currently running a natty booster cycle, and I have to say, I notice Natural kick in stronger. Reason why I know, I respond to Natural very well, which is the reason why I stocked up on it, since soon it will be gone. One of the effects I get from Natural is random erections, well when I would stack it with AstraGin 200, man, those erections would kick in quickly; try getting out of your desk when your manager calls you over.

Furthermore, DOMS were pretty much under control, even after a crazy leg workout, which is how I can gauge how a recovery supplements works for me. I found myself staying longer in the gym and when I would take my vitamins, I did not pee too yellow, which tells me my body was absorbing more of the vitamins Bs.

Value - Considering that you are getting 200 mgs for 90 capsules at $35.00, I believe this is priced right. Think about it, if the average AstraGin cost $20.00 and they give you 60 capsules at 50 mg, the cost of AstraGin 200 has more return for your money.

Sides - None

Conclusion

AstraGin 200 by Nature Restore is great addition to one's supplement regiment; helping take your supplements to a higher level so be one of our main goals, since we spend probability 15 % to 20% of our income on supplements. I will be adding AstraGin 200 to my supplement cabinet at home.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Better Feeling Of General Health
            WarMachine
            TROOPer Level: 70
              February 24, 2017

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their product AstraGin. AstraGin has been around for a while now and we tend to see it pop up more often these days as an additive in other supplements. It's nutrient uptake enhancement properties make an ideal catalyst to aid in the efficacy of many supplement staples. Taken by itself, it's benefits can help promote good health as well.

So how does this product in particular stand up?

One simple ingredient:

Each capsule contains a dose of AstrGin at 200mg.

A quick overview of AstraGin itself:

It's a natural plant based formulation derived from Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membrenaceus, which are two species of plants native primarily to China and Japan. These plants are studies to have anti-inflammatory properties and improve organ function.

AstraGin works by increasing the activity and number of the body's mRNA and transporter proteins that play a role in nutrient metabolism and uptake. Transporter proteins are regulated by mRNA that encode chemical messages to determine the absorption quantity of specific nutrients. Increasing these chemicals and proteins, enhances absorption through the increased activity of the body's overall absorption processes.

To sum it up, AstraGin increases the efficacy of transporter and mRNA proteins.

Focusing only on dosing since caps don't apply to taste and mixability, I dosed one cap a day in the morning with breakfast. Being that each gives you 200mg, one capsule is more than enough for anyone.

From my passed experiences with AstrGin, I've noticed it too improve my recovery and give me a more pronounced pump feel from NO-inducing ingredients like L-Arginine or Agmatin. With Nature Restore's AstraGin, combined with additional amino acids, protein, creatine, and agmapure, I saw improvements in my recovery, vasculatiry, and muscle endurance.

I found that even when I may have been sleep deprived at certain times, my DOMS and next day lethargy were almost absent. I also noticed I had some more natural energy throughout the day, so that's always a welcomed benefits when you're full time at college and plan to hit the gym again that day. Clearly, I was recovering better since I normally find myself operating at a reduced percentage of efficiency when I don't get enough zzzz's.

With agmapure (agmatine sulfate), I felt an improved and more pronounced swole feeling in my physique with some good complimentary vascularity. It was nice to have the gym pump stay with you long after your workout.

Finally, provided I got my daily macros and micros on quota, I did see improvement in my cardio endurance and intra-workout weight training endurance as well. I was able to bang out more sprint intervals, boxing speed punch stints, and high volume speed sets with some more ease.

Each bottle consists of 90 capsules, which equates to a three month supply since you only need one capsule a day. The only market price I could find was 34.95. I think this is a great value if you are a regular user in AstraGin and knowingly respond well to it, especially considering the quantity you receive in each bottle.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nature Restore has a really great valued product here if you knowingly respond well to AstraGin. The increased absorption and uptake of several vital nutrients and supplements is sure to give you some good improvements in recovery, among other things depending on how you train and what you supplement with.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

TRAIN HARD!!!
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Better Feeling Of General Health
            • Improved Recovery
            • Enhanced Pump Feel
            • Some Endurance Increase